Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRPML2
Description: mucolipin 2
Alias: TRP-ML2, TRPML2, mucolipin-2, transient receptor potential channel mucolipin 2
- Sun L, Hua Y, Vergarajauregui S, Diab H, Puertollano R. Novel Role of TRPML2 in the Regulation of the Innate Immune Response. J Immunol. 2015;195:4922-32 pubmed publisher..Although TRPML1 and TRPML3 have been well characterized, the cellular function of TRPML2 has remained elusive...
- Flores E, GarcÃa AÃ±overos J. TRPML2 and the evolution of mucolipins. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2011;704:221-8 pubmed publisherb>TRPML2, the polypeptide product of the gene Trpml2 (aka Mcoln2), is a member of the TRPML or mucolipin branch of the TRP super family of ion channels...
- Han P, Liu G, Lu X, Cao M, Yan Y, Zou J, et al. CDH1 rs9929218 variant at 16q22.1 contributes to colorectal cancer susceptibility. Oncotarget. 2016;7:47278-47286 pubmed publisher..2 and MCOLN2 by both cis-effect and trans-effect. In summary, our analysis highlights significant association between rs9929218 polymorphism and CRC susceptibility. ..
- Almamun M, Levinson B, van Swaay A, Johnson N, McKay S, Arthur G, et al. Integrated methylome and transcriptome analysis reveals novel regulatory elements in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Epigenetics. 2015;10:882-90 pubmed publisher..In addition, the differential expression of epigenetic modifier genes, pseudogenes, and non-coding RNAs was also observed accentuating the role of erroneous epigenetic gene regulation in ALL. ..
- Curcio Morelli C, Zhang P, Venugopal B, Charles F, Browning M, Cantiello H, et al. Functional multimerization of mucolipin channel proteins. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:328-35 pubmed publisher..Along with TRPML1, there are two other TRPML family members, mucolipin-2 (TRPML2) and mucolipin-3 (TRPML3)...
- Lev S, Zeevi D, Frumkin A, Offen Glasner V, Bach G, Minke B. Constitutive activity of the human TRPML2 channel induces cell degeneration. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2771-82 pubmed publisher..The properties of the wild type TRPML2 channel are not well known. Here we show functional expression of the wild type human TRPML2 channel (h-TRPML2)...
- Zeevi D, Lev S, Frumkin A, Minke B, Bach G. Heteromultimeric TRPML channel assemblies play a crucial role in the regulation of cell viability models and starvation-induced autophagy. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3112-24 pubmed publisher..Currently, TRPML2 is not implicated in any pathological disorder, but we have recently shown that it is a functional cation channel ..
- Morelli M, Nabissi M, Amantini C, Tomassoni D, Rossi F, Cardinali C, et al. Overexpression of transient receptor potential mucolipin-2 ion channels in gliomas: role in tumor growth and progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:43654-43668 pubmed publisher..Overall, the high TRPML-2 expression in glioma cells resulted in increased survival and proliferation signaling, suggesting a pro-tumorigenic role played by TRPML-2 in glioma progression. ..
- Valadez J, Cuajungco M. PAX5 is the transcriptional activator of mucolipin-2 (MCOLN2) gene. Gene. 2015;555:194-202 pubmed publisher..TRPML1 has been associated with mucolipidosis type IV (MLIV), while no disease phenotype has been linked with TRPML2 or -3 protein...
- Grimm C, Jörs S, Guo Z, Obukhov A, Heller S. Constitutive activity of TRPML2 and TRPML3 channels versus activation by low extracellular sodium and small molecules. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22701-8 pubmed publisherThe transient receptor potential channels TRPML2 and TRPML3 (MCOLN2 and MCOLN3) are nonselective cation channels. They are widely expressed in mammals...
- Di Palma F, Belyantseva I, Kim H, Vogt T, Kachar B, Noben Trauth K. Mutations in Mcoln3 associated with deafness and pigmentation defects in varitint-waddler (Va) mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14994-9 pubmed..Hence, we identify a molecular link between hair cell physiology and melanocyte function. Last, MCOLN2 and MCOLN3 are candidate genes for hereditary and/or sporadic forms of neurosensory disorders in humans. ..
- Di Paola S, Scotto Rosato A, Medina D. TRPML1: The Ca(2+)retaker of the lysosome. Cell Calcium. 2018;69:112-121 pubmed publisher..TRPML1 is the most extensively studied member of a small family of genes that also includes TRPML2 and TRPML3, and it has been found to participate in vesicular trafficking, lipid and ion homeostasis, and ..
- Düzen I, Yavuz F, Vuruşkan E, Saraçoğlu E, Poyraz F, Goksuluk H, et al. Leukocyte TRP channel gene expressions in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9272 pubmed publisher..We observed marked increases in MCOLN1 (TRPML1), MCOLN2 (TRPML2), MCOLN3 (TRPML3), TRPA1, TRPM1, TRPM2, TRPM3, TRPM4, TRPM5, TRPM6, TRPM7, TRPM8, TRPC1, TRPC2, TRPC3, TRPC4, ..
- Samie M, Grimm C, Evans J, Curcio Morelli C, Heller S, Slaugenhaupt S, et al. The tissue-specific expression of TRPML2 (MCOLN-2) gene is influenced by the presence of TRPML1. Pflugers Arch. 2009;459:79-91 pubmed publisher..It has been suggested that TRPML2 could genetically compensate (i.e., become upregulated) for the loss of TRPML1...
- Karacsonyi C, Miguel A, Puertollano R. Mucolipin-2 localizes to the Arf6-associated pathway and regulates recycling of GPI-APs. Traffic. 2007;8:1404-14 pubmed..Therefore, our results indicate that MCOLN2 localizes to the Arf6-regulated pathway and regulates sorting of GPI-APs. ..
- Venkatachalam K, Hofmann T, Montell C. Lysosomal localization of TRPML3 depends on TRPML2 and the mucolipidosis-associated protein TRPML1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17517-27 pubmed..Mammals encode two additional TRPML proteins named TRPML2 and TRPML3...