Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRP 185
Description: TAR (HIV-1) RNA binding protein 1
Alias: TRM3, TRMT3, TRP-185, TRP185, TAR (HIV) RNA-binding protein 1, TAR RNA loop binding protein, TAR RNA-binding protein 1, TAR RNA-binding protein of 185 kDa, tRNA methyltransferase 3 homolog
Products: TRP 185
- Beech R, Leffert J, Lin A, Hong K, Hansen J, Umlauf S, et al. Stress-related alcohol consumption in heavy drinkers correlates with expression of miR-10a, miR-21, and components of the TAR-RNA-binding protein-associated complex. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2014;38:2743-53 pubmed publisher..Alterations in miRNA expression may be one mechanism linking psychological stress with changes in gene expression and increased alcohol intake in binge/HD. ..
- Clerzius G, Gélinas J, Gatignol A. Multiple levels of PKR inhibition during HIV-1 replication. Rev Med Virol. 2011;21:42-53 pubmed publisher..Enhancing PKR activation by counteracting its inhibitory partners could establish an increased innate immune antiviral pathway against HIV-1 and could enhance the efficacy of the IFN treatment. ..
- Lin J, Xia J, Chen Y, Zhang K, Zeng Y, Yang Q. H9N2 avian influenza virus enhances the immune responses of BMDCs by down-regulating miR29c. Vaccine. 2017;35:729-737 pubmed publisher..Together, our data shed new light on the roles and mechanisms of miR29c in regulating DC function and suggest new strategies for combating AIVs. ..
- Sand M, Skrygan M, Georgas D, Arenz C, Gambichler T, Sand D, et al. Expression levels of the microRNA maturing microprocessor complex component DGCR8 and the RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC) components argonaute-1, argonaute-2, PACT, TARBP1, and TARBP2 in epithelial skin cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:916-22 pubmed publisher..05). This study indicates that major components of the miRNA pathway, such as the microprocessor complex and RISC, are dysregulated in epithelial skin cancer. ..
- Seshadri S, Destefano A, Au R, Massaro J, Beiser A, Kelly Hayes M, et al. Genetic correlates of brain aging on MRI and cognitive test measures: a genome-wide association and linkage analysis in the Framingham Study. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8 Suppl 1:S15 pubmed..These hypothesis generating data illustrate the use of an unbiased approach to discover novel pathways that may be involved in brain aging, and could be used to replicate observations made in other studies. ..
- Wu F, Garcia J, Sigman D, Gaynor R. tat regulates binding of the human immunodeficiency virus trans-activating region RNA loop-binding protein TRP-185. Genes Dev. 1991;5:2128-40 pubmed..These results characterize a positively acting cellular RNA-binding factor, TRP-185, which is involved in the regulation of HIV gene expression. ..
- Sheline C, Milocco L, Jones K. Two distinct nuclear transcription factors recognize loop and bulge residues of the HIV-1 TAR RNA hairpin. Genes Dev. 1991;5:2508-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that the TAR element is recognized by two different nuclear RNA-binding proteins that affect transcriptional regulation by Tat. ..
- Yedavalli V, Benkirane M, Jeang K. Tat and trans-activation-responsive (TAR) RNA-independent induction of HIV-1 long terminal repeat by human and murine cyclin T1 requires Sp1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6404-10 pubmed..Thus, like cellular promoters, HIV-1 LTR can use P-TEFb function without a Tat/TAR RNA complex. This activity could explain recent findings of robust HIV-1 replication in rat cells that cannot form a P-TEFb/Tat/TAR moiety. ..
- Wu Baer F, Lane W, Gaynor R. Identification of a group of cellular cofactors that stimulate the binding of RNA polymerase II and TRP-185 to human immunodeficiency virus 1 TAR RNA. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4201-8 pubmed..These studies define a group of cellular factors that function in concert to stimulate the binding of TRP-185 and RNA polymerase II to HIV-1 TAR RNA. ..
- Wu Baer F, Sigman D, Gaynor R. Specific binding of RNA polymerase II to the human immunodeficiency virus trans-activating region RNA is regulated by cellular cofactors and Tat. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7153-7 pubmed..These results suggest that Tat may function to alter RNA polymerase II, which is paused due to its binding to HIV-1 TAR RNA with resultant stimulation of its transcriptional elongation properties. ..