Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRIM6
Description: tripartite motif containing 6
Alias: RNF89, tripartite motif-containing protein 6, RING finger protein 89, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase TRIM6
- Sato T, Okumura F, Ariga T, Hatakeyama S. TRIM6 interacts with Myc and maintains the pluripotency of mouse embryonic stem cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1544-55 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that tripartite motif containing 6 (TRIM6), one of the TRIM family ubiquitin ligases, was selectively expressed in ES cells and interacted with Myc followed ..
- Sawyer S, Emerman M, Malik H. Discordant evolution of the adjacent antiretroviral genes TRIM22 and TRIM5 in mammals. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e197 pubmed publisher..Here, we present an evolutionary comparison of the TRIM5 gene to its closest human paralogs: TRIM22, TRIM34, and TRIM6. We show that TRIM5 and TRIM22 have a dynamic history of gene expansion and loss during the evolution of mammals...
- Li X, Li Y, Stremlau M, Yuan W, Song B, Perron M, et al. Functional replacement of the RING, B-box 2, and coiled-coil domains of tripartite motif 5alpha (TRIM5alpha) by heterologous TRIM domains. J Virol. 2006;80:6198-206 pubmed..2(SPRY) domains. Here we investigated the abilities of domains from TRIM proteins (TRIM6, TRIM34, and TRIM21) that do not restrict HIV-1 infection to substitute for the domains of rhesus monkey ..
- Woo J, Imm J, Min C, Kim K, Cha S, Oh B. Structural and functional insights into the B30.2/SPRY domain. EMBO J. 2006;25:1353-63 pubmed..2/SPRY domains, suggesting that these domains are protein-interacting modules, which recognize a specific individual partner protein rather than a consensus sequence motif. ..
- Rajsbaum R, Versteeg G, Schmid S, Maestre A, Belicha Villanueva A, Martínez Romero C, et al. Unanchored K48-linked polyubiquitin synthesized by the E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM6 stimulates the interferon-IKK? kinase-mediated antiviral response. Immunity. 2014;40:880-95 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanism of IKK? activation upon IFN receptor signaling has remained elusive. Here we show that TRIM6, a member of the E3-ubiquitin ligase tripartite motif (TRIM) family of proteins, interacted with IKK? and promoted ..
- Orimo A, Tominaga N, Yoshimura K, Yamauchi Y, Nomura M, Sato M, et al. Molecular cloning of ring finger protein 21 (RNF21)/interferon-responsive finger protein (ifp1), which possesses two RING-B box-coiled coil domains in tandem. Genomics. 2000;69:143-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that RNF21 is a downstream gene that may mediate interferon's biological action. ..
- Chauhan S, Kumar S, Jain A, Ponpuak M, Mudd M, Kimura T, et al. TRIMs and Galectins Globally Cooperate and TRIM16 and Galectin-3 Co-direct Autophagy in Endomembrane Damage Homeostasis. Dev Cell. 2016;39:13-27 pubmed publisher..The cooperation between TRIM16 and Galectin-3 in targeting and activation of selective autophagy protects cells from lysosomal damage and Mycobacterium tuberculosis invasion. ..
- Bharaj P, Atkins C, Luthra P, Giraldo M, Dawes B, Miorin L, et al. The Host E3-Ubiquitin Ligase TRIM6 Ubiquitinates the Ebola Virus VP35 Protein and Promotes Virus Replication. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..We also found that VP35 interacts with TRIM6, a member of the E3-ubiquitin ligase tripartite motif (TRIM) family...