Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TREM1
Description: triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1
Alias: CD354, TREM-1, triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1, triggering receptor expressed on monocytes 1
- Zeng H, Ornatowska M, Joo M, Sadikot R. TREM-1 expression in macrophages is regulated at transcriptional level by NF-kappaB and PU.1. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:2300-8 pubmed..aeruginosa. These data suggest that both these transcription factors are involved in the expression of TREM-1. NF-kappaB functions as a positive regulator whereas PU.1 is a negative regulator of the TREM-1 gene. ..
- Liao R, Sun T, Yi Y, Wu H, Li Y, Wang J, et al. Expression of TREM-1 in hepatic stellate cells and prognostic value in hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:984-92 pubmed publisher..008 for overall survival; P = 0.005 for time to recurrence). Thus, these observations suggest that TREM-1 is related to the aggressive tumor behavior and has potential value as a prognostic factor for HCC. ..
- Su L, Liu C, Li C, Jiang Z, Xiao K, Zhang X, et al. Dynamic changes in serum soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (sTREM-1) and its gene polymorphisms are associated with sepsis prognosis. Inflammation. 2012;35:1833-43 pubmed publisher..Logistic regression showed that sTREM-1, APACHE II, and rs2234237 polymorphism are risk factors for prognosis. Dynamic changes in serum sTREM-1 and rs2234237 polymorphism could be used in sepsis prognosis assessment. ..
- Kusanovic J, Romero R, Chaiworapongsa T, Mittal P, Mazaki Tovi S, Vaisbuch E, et al. Amniotic fluid sTREM-1 in normal pregnancy, spontaneous parturition at term and preterm, and intra-amniotic infection/inflammation. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010;23:34-47 pubmed publisher..We propose that sTREM-1 play a role in the innate immune response against intra-amniotic infection. ..
- Murakami Y, Akahoshi T, Aoki N, Toyomoto M, Miyasaka N, Kohsaka H. Intervention of an inflammation amplifier, triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1, for treatment of autoimmune arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1615-23 pubmed publisherb>Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) is inducible on monocyte/macrophages and neutrophils and accelerates tissue destruction by propagating inflammatory responses in disease related to bacterial infections...
- Bouchon A, Facchetti F, Weigand M, Colonna M. TREM-1 amplifies inflammation and is a crucial mediator of septic shock. Nature. 2001;410:1103-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate a critical function of TREM-1 in acute inflammatory responses to bacteria and implicate TREM-1 as a potential therapeutic target for septic shock. ..
- Gingras M, Lapillonne H, Margolin J. TREM-1, MDL-1, and DAP12 expression is associated with a mature stage of myeloid development. Mol Immunol. 2002;38:817-24 pubmed..In addition, expression of an alternative mRNA TREM-1 splice variant (TREM-1sv) was detected that might translate into a soluble receptor with potential as a regulator of myeloid activation. ..
- Murakami Y, Kohsaka H, Kitasato H, Akahoshi T. Lipopolysaccharide-induced up-regulation of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 expression on macrophages is regulated by endogenous prostaglandin E2. J Immunol. 2007;178:1144-50 pubmed..Regulation of TREM-1 and the soluble form of TREM-1 expression by PGE(2) may modulate the inflammatory response to microbial pathogens. ..
- Knapp S, Gibot S, de Vos A, Versteeg H, Colonna M, van der Poll T. Cutting edge: expression patterns of surface and soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in human endotoxemia. J Immunol. 2004;173:7131-4 pubmed..Inhibitor studies disclosed a PI3K-dependent pathway in LPS-induced up-regulation of TREM-1 on monocytes, whereas MAPK played a limited role. ..
- Horonenko G, Hoyt J, Robbins R, Singarajah C, Umar A, Pattengill J, et al. Soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cell-1 is increased in patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia: a preliminary report. Chest. 2007;132:58-63 pubmed..05 both comparisons). sTREM-1 is detectable in EVC and may be useful in establishing or excluding the diagnosis of VAP. ..
- Ubagai T, Tansho S, Ieki R, Ono Y. Evaluation of TREM1 gene expression in circulating polymorphonuclear leukocytes and its inverse correlation with the severity of pathophysiological conditions in patients with acute bacterial infections. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:376-82 pubmed..Copies of the TREM1 transcript were 0.7- to 2...
- Oku R, Oda S, Nakada T, Sadahiro T, Nakamura M, Hirayama Y, et al. Differential pattern of cell-surface and soluble TREM-1 between sepsis and SIRS. Cytokine. 2013;61:112-7 pubmed publisher..05). Patients with sepsis had increased soluble TREM-1 and decreased TREM-1 expression on neutrophil compared to SIRS patients. sTREM-1 may be useful to evaluate disease severity and outcome of patients with SIRS or sepsis. ..
- Bouchon A, Dietrich J, Colonna M. Cutting edge: inflammatory responses can be triggered by TREM-1, a novel receptor expressed on neutrophils and monocytes. J Immunol. 2000;164:4991-5 pubmed..To mediate activation, TREM-1 associates with the transmembrane adapter molecule DAP12. Thus, TREM-1 mediates activation of neutrophil and monocytes, and may have a predominant role in inflammatory responses. ..
- Wang D, Qin R, Liu Z, Gupta M, Chang Q. Expression of TREM-1 mRNA in acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2744-6 pubmed..Furthermore, the expression of TREM-1 mRNA is distinctly different at the different stages of AP. It indicates TREM-1 may play an important role in the occurrence and development of AP. ..
- Radsak M, Taube C, Haselmayer P, Tenzer S, Salih H, Wiewrodt R, et al. Soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 is released in patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clin Dev Immunol. 2007;2007:52040 pubmed publisher..The triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) is a recently identified activating receptor on neutrophils, monocytes, and ..
- Tessarz A, Weiler S, Zanzinger K, Angelisova P, Horejsi V, Cerwenka A. Non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) negatively regulates TREM-1/DAP12-induced inflammatory cytokine production in myeloid cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:1991-9 pubmedThe engagement of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) on macrophages and neutrophils leads to TNF-alpha and IL-8 production and enhances inflammatory responses to microbial products...
- Adib Conquy M, Monchi M, Goulenok C, Laurent I, Thuong M, Cavaillon J, et al. Increased plasma levels of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 and procalcitonin after cardiac surgery and cardiac arrest without infection. Shock. 2007;28:406-10 pubmedSoluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (sTREM-1) and procalcitonin (PCT) are often considered to be specific markers for infection...
- Dimopoulou I, Pelekanou A, Mavrou I, Savva A, Tzanela M, Kotsaki A, et al. Early serum levels of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in septic patients: correlation with monocyte gene expression. J Crit Care. 2012;27:294-300 pubmed publisher..These findings add considerably to our knowledge on the pathophysiology of sepsis. ..
- Bostanci N, Thurnheer T, Belibasakis G. Involvement of the TREM-1/DAP12 pathway in the innate immune responses to Porphyromonas gingivalis. Mol Immunol. 2011;49:387-94 pubmed publisher..The Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) is a cell surface receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily, which, along with its ..
- Ferat Osorio E, Esquivel Callejas N, Wong Baeza I, Aduna Vicente R, Arriaga Pizano L, Sánchez Fernández P, et al. The increased expression of TREM-1 on monocytes is associated with infectious and noninfectious inflammatory processes. J Surg Res. 2008;150:110-7 pubmed publisher..Increased TREM-1 expression on monocytes is associated with both infectious and noninfectious inflammatory processes, and the levels of MHC-II expression is better correlated with the patient outcome. ..
- Colonna M, Facchetti F. TREM-1 (triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells): a new player in acute inflammatory responses. J Infect Dis. 2003;187 Suppl 2:S397-401 pubmed..Whatever the ligands, targeted activation or blockade of TREM-1 and its ligands may help maximize the efficacy of existing treatments for sepsis. ..
- Wu C, Lu Y, Kung Y, Lee C, Peng M. Prognostic value of dynamic soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia. Respirology. 2011;16:487-94 pubmed publisher..5% for predicting mortality. sTREM-1 concentrations in BAL fluid are of potential prognostic value in patients with VAP. ..
- Bleharski J, Kiessler V, Buonsanti C, Sieling P, Stenger S, Colonna M, et al. A role for triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in host defense during the early-induced and adaptive phases of the immune response. J Immunol. 2003;170:3812-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that activation of TREM-1 on monocytes participates during the early-induced and adaptive immune responses involved in host defense against microbial challenges. ..
- Jung Y, Park J, Kim S, Hong S, Kim T, Kim W, et al. Correlation between soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (sTREM-1) expression and endoscopic activity in inflammatory bowel diseases. Dig Liver Dis. 2012;44:897-903 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that sTREM-1 level may represent a complementary marker for the assessment of endoscopic activity in ulcerative colitis, but not in Crohn's disease. ..
- Peng L, Zhou Y, Dong L, Chen R, Sun G, Liu T, et al. TGF-Î²1 Upregulates the Expression of Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells 1 in Murine Lungs. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18946 pubmed publisherb>Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) increases the expression of TGF-Î² family genes, which are known as profibrogenic cytokines in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis...
- Chen X, Eksioglu E, Carter J, Fortenbery N, Donatelli S, Zhou J, et al. Inactivation of DAP12 in PMN inhibits TREM1-mediated activation in rheumatoid arthritis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0115116 pubmed publisher..b>TREM1 (triggering receptor expressed by myeloid cells) is an inflammatory receptor in PMNs that signals through the use ..
- Nguyen A, Koenck C, Quirk S, Lim V, Mitkov M, Trowbridge R, et al. Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells in Cutaneous Melanoma. Clin Transl Sci. 2015;8:441-4 pubmed publisher..Further investigation regarding this paradigm is warranted and could carry prognostic or therapeutic value in treatment for melanoma. ..
- Hu L, DU Z, Zhao G, Jiang N, Lin J, Wang Q, et al. Role of TREM-1 in response to Aspergillus fumigatus infection in corneal epithelial cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014;23:288-93 pubmed publisher..fumigatus-induced inflammation. These findings suggest that TREM-1 plays critical roles in fungal infection, and targeting it may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for patients with fungal keratitis. ..
- Du W, Amarachintha S, Wilson A, Pang Q. The immune receptor Trem1 cooperates with diminished DNA damage response to induce preleukemic stem cell expansion. Leukemia. 2017;31:423-433 pubmed publisher..rescues DDR but has no effect on leukemia, whereas shRNA knockdown of the upregulated immune receptor genes Trem1 or Pilrb improves leukemia-related survival, but not DDR or genomic instability...
- Zhang G, Liu H, Huang J, Chen S, Pan X, Huang H, et al. TREM-1low is a novel characteristic for tumor-associated macrophages in lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:40508-40517 pubmed publisher..The levels of TREM-1 were remarkably decreased during tumor progression. The low expression level of TREM-1 might be a characteristic for TAMs in lung cancer. ..
- Wang S, Zhu X, Xiong L, Zhang Y, Ren J. Toll-like receptor 4 knockout alleviates paraquat-induced cardiomyocyte contractile dysfunction through an autophagy-dependent mechanism. Toxicol Lett. 2016;257:11-22 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that TLR4 knockout alleviated paraquat-induced cardiac dysfunction possibly through regulation of AMPK-mediated cardiac autophagy. ..
- Charles P, Noel R, Massin F, Guy J, Bollaert P, Quenot J, et al. Significance of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 elevation in patients admitted to the intensive care unit with sepsis. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:559 pubmed..Both baseline values and variations with time seemed relevant. Although SAPS II outperformed sTREM-1 regarding the prediction of ICU survival, the biomarker could provide additional information. ..
- Zhong J, Huang W, Deng Q, Wu M, Jiang H, Lin X, et al. Inhibition of TREM-1 and Dectin-1 Alleviates the Severity of Fungal Keratitis by Modulating Innate Immune Responses. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150114 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of TREM-1 and Dectin-1 can alleviate the severity of corneal damage by downregulating the excessive inflammatory response. ..
- Lee B, Kim J, Jung J, Kim T, Ji J. TREM-1, a negative regulator of human osteoclastogenesis. Immunol Lett. 2016;171:50-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that TREM-1 acts as a negative regulator of human osteoclast differentiation and identify a novel mechanism of negative regulation of osteoclastogenesis that plays a role in inflammation. ..
- Essa E, Elzorkany K. sTREM-1 in patients with chronic kidney disease on hemodialysis. APMIS. 2015;123:969-74 pubmed publisher..69, p < 0.001). Hemoglobin concentration was the significant predictor of sTREM-1 level (p < 0.001). In conclusion, sTREM-1 level is significantly increased in HD patients as are other pro-inflammatory markers. ..
- Liu M, Zhang Y, Xiong J, Wang Y, Lv S. Etomidate Mitigates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced CD14 and TREM-1 Expression, NF-ÎºB Activation, and Pro-inflammatory Cytokine Production in Rat Macrophages. Inflammation. 2016;39:327-335 pubmed publisher..Hence, etomidate mitigates LPS-up-regulated pro-inflammatory cytokine production and inhibits LPS-enhanced CD14 and TREM-1 expression and NF-ÎºB activation in macrophages. ..
- Lin C, Hsieh S, Keng L, Lee H, Chang H, Liao W, et al. Prospective Evaluation of Procalcitonin, Soluble Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells-1 and C-Reactive Protein in Febrile Patients with Autoimmune Diseases. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153938 pubmed publisher..The possible effect of corticosteroids on the level of sTREM-1 as an infection marker deserves further study. ..
- Joffre J, Potteaux S, Zeboudj L, Loyer X, Boufenzer A, Laurans L, et al. Genetic and Pharmacological Inhibition of TREM-1 Limits the Development of Experimental Atherosclerosis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:2776-2793 pubmed publisher..Blockade of TREM-1 signaling may constitute an attractive novel and double-hit approach for the treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Wang X, Xiang L, Li H, Chen P, Feng Y, Zhang J, et al. The Role of HMGB1 Signaling Pathway in the Development and Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Review. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:22527-40 pubmed publisher..HMGB1 and its downstream receptors RAGE, TLRs and TREM-1 may be potential anticancer targets. In conclusion, HMGB1 plays an important role in oncogenesis and represents a novel therapeutic target, which deserves further study. ..
- JÃ©rÃ©mie L, Amir B, Marc D, SÃ©bastien G. The Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cells-1: A new player during acute myocardial infarction. Pharmacol Res. 2015;100:261-5 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TREM-1 may constitute a new therapeutic target during acute MI. ..
- Shen Z, Sigalov A. Novel TREM-1 Inhibitors Attenuate Tumor Growth and Prolong Survival in Experimental Pancreatic Cancer. Mol Pharm. 2017;: pubmed publisher..High expression of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) on TAMs directly correlates with poor survival in patients with non-small cell lung ..
- Tewari N, Awad S, Duska F, Williams J, Bennett A, Macdonald I, et al. Postoperative inflammation and insulin resistance in relation to body composition, adiposity and carbohydrate treatment: A randomised controlled study. Clin Nutr. 2019;38:204-212 pubmed publisher..Activation of the triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells (TREM1) pathway was seen in response to surgery in omental fat samples...
- Suram S, Silveira L, Mahaffey S, Brown G, Bonventre J, Williams D, et al. Cytosolic phospholipase A(2)Î± and eicosanoids regulate expression of genes in macrophages involved in host defense and inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69002 pubmed publisher..dampen inflammation (Socs3, Il10, Crem, Stat3, Thbd, Thbs1, Abca1) and genes involved in host defense (Gja1, Csf3, Trem1, Hdc) were expressed at higher levels in cPLA2Î±(+/+) macrophages...
- Jung E, Kim S, Moon C, Shin D, Son N, Kim E, et al. Relationships between genetic polymorphisms of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 and inflammatory bowel diseases in the Korean population. Life Sci. 2011;89:289-94 pubmed publisher..The results of our study suggest that TREM-1 SNPs may play a significant role in the development of intestinal Behcet's disease and may have modest effects on disease severity. ..
- Yadav N, Chandra H. Suppression of inflammatory and infection responses in lung macrophages by eucalyptus oil and its constituent 1,8-cineole: Role of pattern recognition receptors TREM-1 and NLRP3, the MAP kinase regulator MKP-1, and NF?B. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188232 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the modulatory role of TREM-1 and NLRP3 inflammasome pathways and the MAPK negative regulator MKP-1 in context of the anti-inflammatory potential of EO and its constituent 1,8-cineole. ..
- Dong L, Zhou Y, Zhu Z, Liu T, Duan J, Zhang J, et al. Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Inhibitor Suppresses the Expression of Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells-1 by Inhibiting NF-kB Activation in Murine Macrophage. Inflammation. 2017;40:13-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TPPU treatment inhibited IkB degradation in vivo and in vitro. Our results indicate that the inhibition of sEH suppresses LPS-induced TREM-1 expression and inflammation via inhibiting NF-kB activation in murine macrophage. ..
- Li Z, Bai X. [Expression of soluble human triggering receptors on myeloid cell-1 in patients with multiple trauma and its clinical significance]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2009;47:51-3 pubmed..05). Serum sTREM-1 correlates closely with ISS, TNF-alpha and onset of sepsis, indicating that it may play an important role in the development of sepsis in patients with multiple traumas. ..
- Choi Y, Yeo S, Kim Y, Lee J, Kim S, Park D. Comparison of innate immunity mediators in peritoneal fluid and spleen between young and aged rats. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2016;28:775-9 pubmed publisher..05). Several parameters related to innate immunity may change with aging. Different expressions of mRNA for several PRRs are suggesting changes in innate immune responses in association with aging. ..
- Tao F, Peng L, Li J, Shao Y, Deng L, Yao H. Association of serum myeloid cells of soluble triggering receptor-1 level with myocardial dysfunction in patients with severe sepsis. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:819246 pubmed publisher..Serum sTREM-1 is significantly associated with myocardial dysfunction and may be a valuable tool for determining the presence of myocardial dysfunction in patients with severe sepsis. ..
- Willi M, Belibasakis G, Bostanci N. Expression and regulation of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 in periodontal diseases. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;178:190-200 pubmed publisher..e. 'red complex' bacteria) are characteristic subgingival biofilm species. The triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) is a cell surface receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily, with a role in the ..
- Rao V, Rai V, Stoupa S, Subramanian S, Agrawal D. Tumor necrosis factor-? regulates triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1-dependent matrix metalloproteinases in the carotid plaques of symptomatic patients with carotid stenosis. Atherosclerosis. 2016;248:160-9 pubmed publisher..Selective blockade of TREM-1 may contribute to the development of new therapies and promising targets for stabilizing vulnerable atherosclerotic plaques. ..
- Dopheide J, Doppler C, Scheer M, Obst V, Radmacher M, Radsak M, et al. Critical limb ischaemia is characterised by an increased production of whole blood reactive oxygen species and expression of TREM-1 on neutrophils. Atherosclerosis. 2013;229:396-403 pubmed publisher..Whether this implies the potential for therapeutic recommendations, i.e. conservative vs. interventional/operative treatment, or a possibility to monitor the efficacy of interventions, requires further studies. ..
- Proboszcz M, Paplińska Goryca M, Nejman Gryz P, Gorska K, Krenke R. A comparative study of sTREM-1, IL-6 and IL-13 concentration in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in asthma and COPD: A preliminary study. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:231-236 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the most important marker of inflammation in mild-to-moderate obstructive lung disease is not microbiology-dependent. ..
- Fortin C, Lesur O, Fulop T. Effects of aging on triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells (TREM)-1-induced PMN functions. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:1173-8 pubmed..The observed alterations in TREM-1 response are possibly an important contributing factor in the higher incidence of sepsis-related deaths in the elderly population. ..
- Kelker M, Foss T, Peti W, Teyton L, Kelly J, Wuthrich K, et al. Crystal structure of human triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) at 1.47 A. J Mol Biol. 2004;342:1237-48 pubmed
- Yuan Z, Mehta H, Mohammed K, Nasreen N, Roman R, Brantly M, et al. TREM-1 is induced in tumor associated macrophages by cyclo-oxygenase pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94241 pubmed publisher..b>Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1) is a member of the super immunoglobulin family expressed on a select group of ..
- Kim J, Koh J, Lee E, Park J, Kim H, Lee E, et al. Serum levels of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (sTREM-1) and pentraxin 3 (PTX3) as markers of infection in febrile patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009;27:773-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that serum sTREM-1 levels could be used to determine whether SLE patients have contracted an infection. ..
- Zhao J, Wang Q. [Role of triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2016;18:522-6 pubmed..05). In children with KD, there was a positive correlation between serum sTREM-1 and MCP-1 levels (r=0.523, P<0.05). TREM-1 activation may be involved in the development of KD. ..
- Varanat M, Haase E, Kay J, Scannapieco F. Activation of the TREM-1 pathway in human monocytes by periodontal pathogens and oral commensal bacteria. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2017;32:275-287 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that both commensal and pathogenic oral bacteria activate the TREM-1 pathway, resulting in a proinflammatory TREM-1 activity-dependent increase in proinflammatory cytokine production. ..
- Rohde G, Radsak M, Borg I, Buhl R, Schultze Werninghaus G, Taube C. Levels of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 in infectious exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiration. 2012;83:133-9 pubmed publisherSoluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (sTREM-1) is an activating receptor on inflammatory cells upregulated by microbial products...
- van Bremen T, Drömann D, Luitjens K, Dodt C, Dalhoff K, Goldmann T, et al. Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (Trem-1) on blood neutrophils is associated with cytokine inducibility in human E. coli sepsis. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:24 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/4441869398748313. ..
- Horst S, Linnér A, Beineke A, Lehne S, Höltje C, Hecht A, et al. Prognostic value and therapeutic potential of TREM-1 in Streptococcus pyogenes- induced sepsis. J Innate Immun. 2013;5:581-90 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that TREM-1 may not only represent a valuable marker for S. pyogenes infection severity but it may also be an attractive target for the treatment of streptococcal sepsis. ..
- Stein M, Schachter Davidov A, Babai I, Tasher D, Somekh E. The accuracy of C-reactive protein, procalcitonin, and s-TREM-1 in the prediction of serious bacterial infection in neonates. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2015;54:439-44 pubmed publisher..6, 0.63, and 0.61, for CRP, PCT, and s-TREM-1, respectively. In real-life pediatric practice, none of the tested biomarkers was sufficiently accurate to serve as a reliable indicator for the identification of SBI in neonates. ..
- Matsuno A, Carlotti A. Role of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 for diagnosing ventilator-associated pneumonia after cardiac surgery: an observational study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2013;13:107 pubmed publisher..75, specificity 0.86, positive predictive value 0.86, negative predictive value 0.75, positive likelihood ratio (LR) 5.25, negative LR 0.29). Measurement of sTREM-1 in EVC may be useful for the diagnosis of VAP after cardiac surgery. ..
- del Fresno C, Gómez Piña V, Lores V, Soares Schanoski A, Fernández Ruíz I, Rojo B, et al. Monocytes from cystic fibrosis patients are locked in an LPS tolerance state: down-regulation of TREM-1 as putative underlying mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2667 pubmed publisher..We conclude that down-regulation of TREM-1 expression in cystic fibrosis patients is at least partly responsible for the endotoxin tolerance state in which their monocytes are locked. ..
- Jung K, Yoo W, Stevenson H, Deshpande D, Shen H, Gagea M, et al. Multifunctional Effects of a Small-Molecule STAT3 Inhibitor on NASH and Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Mice. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:5537-5546 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: Our results suggest that C188-9 should be evaluated further for the treatment and/or prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res; 23(18); 5537-46. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Marazzi M, Randelli F, Brioschi M, Drago L, Romano C, Banfi G, et al. Presepsin: A potential biomarker of PJI? A comparative analysis with known and new infection biomarkers. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017;:394632017749356 pubmed publisher..Presepsin, C-reactive protein (CRP), serum interleukin (IL)-6, triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1), CCL2, matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9), CD163, osteopontin (OPN), and toll-like ..
- Sato T, Yamano Y, Tomaru U, Shimizu Y, Ando H, Okazaki T, et al. Serum level of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 as a biomarker of disease activity in relapsing polychondritis. Mod Rheumatol. 2014;24:129-36 pubmed publisher..0403), but this was not true for hs-CRP or COMP. TREM-1 was expressed on endothelial cells in RP lesions. The serum level of sTREM-1 may be a useful marker of disease activity in RP. ..
- Li Z, Wang H, Liu J, Chen B, Li G. Serum soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 and procalcitonin can reflect sepsis severity and predict prognosis: a prospective cohort study. Mediators Inflamm. 2014;2014:641039 pubmed publisher..In summary, elevated serum sTREM-1 and PCT levels provide superior prognostic accuracy to other biomarkers. Combination of serum sTREM-1 and PCT levels and SOFA score can offer the best powerful prognostic utility for sepsis mortality. ..
- de Jong E, Hancock D, Hibbert J, Wells C, Richmond P, Simmer K, et al. Identification of generic and pathogen-specific cord blood monocyte transcriptomes reveals a largely conserved response in preterm and term newborn infants. J Mol Med (Berl). 2018;96:147-157 pubmed publisher..IFN-genes are differentially regulated by E. coli and S. epidermidis in monocytes. These responses are largely unaffected by GA or exposure to chorioamnionitis. ..
- Bain C, Montgomery J, Scott C, Kel J, Girard Madoux M, Martens L, et al. TGF?R signalling controls CD103+CD11b+ dendritic cell development in the intestine. Nat Commun. 2017;8:620 pubmed publisher..profiling identifies markers that define the CD103+CD11b+ DC lineage, including CD101, TREM1 and Siglec-F, and shows that the absence of CD103+CD11b+ DCs in CD11c-Cre...
- Radsak M, Salih H, Rammensee H, Schild H. Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in neutrophil inflammatory responses: differential regulation of activation and survival. J Immunol. 2004;172:4956-63 pubmed..These results give a new perspective for the regulation of neutrophil inflammatory responses emphasizing the importance of TREM-1 in innate immunity. ..
- Michel C, Teschner D, Wagner E, Theobald M, Radsak M. Diagnostic value of sTREM-1, IL-8, PCT, and CRP in febrile neutropenia after autologous stem cell transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:2095-2101 pubmed publisher..PCT or IL-8 in combination with clinical parameters should be considered in routine measurement to identify critically ill patients as early as possible. ..
- Fu L, Han L, Xie C, Li W, Lin L, Pan S, et al. Identification of Extracellular Actin As a Ligand for Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cells-1 Signaling. Front Immunol. 2017;8:917 pubmed publisher..recombinant actin could enhance the inflammatory response of macrophages from wt mice but not from trem1-/- mice, and the enhancement could be inhibited by LP17 (a TREM-1 inhibitor) in a dose-dependent ..
- Anaya Prado R, Norzgaray Ibarra F, Bravo CuÃ©llar A, PÃ©rez Avila C, Schadegg PeÃ±a D, Anaya FernÃ¡ndez M. [Expression of TREM-1 in patients with invasive cervical cancer and precursor lesions]. Rev Med Inst Mex Seguro Soc. 2015;53:722-7 pubmed..ConclusiÃ³n: este estudio documenta una mayor expresiÃ³n de TREM-1 en monocitos de pacientes con cÃ¡ncer avanzado. ..
- Altay F, Elaldi N, ÅžentÃ¼rk G, Altin N, GÃ¶zel M, Albayrak Y, et al. Serum sTREM-1 level is quite higher in Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever, a viral infection. J Med Virol. 2016;88:1473-8 pubmed publisher..J. Med. Virol. 88:1473-1478, 2016. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Wang F, Zhang X, Lan L, Ji J, Tang H, Yao X, et al. [Association of PD-1, TIM-3 and TREM-1 single nucleotide polymorphisms with pulmonary tuberculosis susceptibility]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;97:3301-3305 pubmed publisher..A total of 66 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in PD-1, TIM-3 and TREM1 sequences were selected and SNP genotype and allele frequency were analyzed using the next-generation sequencing ..