Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRA
Description: T cell receptor alpha locus
Alias: IMD7, TCRA, TCRD, TRA@, TRAC, T-cell antigen receptor, alpha polypeptide, T-cell receptor, alpha (V,D,J,C)
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Feedforward responses of transversus abdominis are directionally specific and act asymmetrically: implications for core stability theoriesGarry T Allison
School of Physiotherapy, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 38:228-37. 2008..Experimental laboratory study supplemented with a repeated case study...
- The 1.5 A crystal structure of a highly selected antiviral T cell receptor provides evidence for a structural basis of immunodominanceLars Kjer-Nielsen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Structure 10:1521-32. 2002..The findings suggest a structural basis for the immunodominance of this clonotype in the immune response to EBV...
- Conformational melding permits a conserved binding geometry in TCR recognition of foreign and self molecular mimicsOleg Y Borbulevych
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Immunol 186:2950-8. 2011....
- Structure of a complex of the human alpha/beta T cell receptor (TCR) HA1.7, influenza hemagglutinin peptide, and major histocompatibility complex class II molecule, HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101 and DRB1*0401): insight into TCR cross-restriction and alloreactivityJens Hennecke
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Exp Med 195:571-81. 2002..7/DR4/HA complex with the structure of DR4 presenting a collagen peptide. This structural study of TCR cross-reactivity emphasizes how MHC sequence differences can affect TCR binding indirectly by moving peptide atoms...
- Analysis of the TCR alpha-chain rearrangement profile in human T lymphocytesPatrizia Fuschiotti
Laboratoire d Immunochimie, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique Grenoble Département des Réponses et Dynamique Cellulaire, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U548, Grenoble, France
Mol Immunol 44:3380-8. 2007....
- Two human T cell receptors bind in a similar diagonal mode to the HLA-A2/Tax peptide complex using different TCR amino acidsY H Ding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Immunity 8:403-11. 1998..The existence of a structurally similar diagonal binding mode for TCRs favors mechanisms based on the formation of geometrically defined supramolecular assemblies for initiating signaling...
- A structural basis for immunodominant human T cell receptor recognitionGuillaume B E Stewart-Jones
Division of Structural Biology, The Henry Wellcome Building for Genomic Medicine, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nat Immunol 4:657-63. 2003..This previously unknown binding mode underlies the immunodominant T cell response...
- New mechanisms of hormone secretion: MDR-like gene products as extrusion pumps for hormones?K F Becker
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 24:210-3. 1992..High amounts of NG-TRA mRNA are found in a variety of human brain tumors...
- [Diagnostic value of transesophageal echocardiography in traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta]P Vignon
, CHU Dupuytren
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:767-73. 1994..Echocardiographic diagnosis of TRA is based on the recording of the association of a thick and mobile intraluminal echo corresponding to the torn ..
- A genetic analysis of the sex-determining gene, tra-1, in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansJ Hodgkin
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Genes Dev 1:731-45. 1987..The autosomal gene tra-1 is a major switch gene controlling sexual phenotype...
- Genetic analysis of the Enterococcus vancomycin resistance conjugative plasmid pHTbeta: identification of the region involved in cell aggregation and traB, a key regulator gene for plasmid transfer and cell aggregationHaruyoshi Tomita
Department of Bacteriology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
J Bacteriol 190:7739-53. 2008..The transfer-related regions (Tra I, Tra II, and Tra III) containing oriT and a putative nickase gene (traI) have previously been identified in ..
- A genomic island present along the bacterial chromosome of the Parachlamydiaceae UWE25, an obligate amoebal endosymbiont, encodes a potentially functional F-like conjugative DNA transfer systemGilbert Greub
Center for Research on Intracellular Bacteria, Institute of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Microbiol 4:48. 2004..The genome of Protochlamydia amoebophila UWE25, a Parachlamydia-related endosymbiont of free-living amoebae, was recently published, providing the opportunity to search for genomic islands (GIs)...
- [Plasmid profiles of aminoglycoside-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa]K Tsukada
Department of Surgery 1, Gunma University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:202-9. 1990..2) A strain of I-serotype and Hh8-phage type containing the plasmid I (GM-SM-SA-PIPC, Tra-, 22.6Kb or 22...
- Distinct regulatory programs establish widespread sex-specific alternative splicing in Drosophila melanogasterBritta Hartmann
Centre de Regulacio Genomica, Barcelona, Spain
RNA 17:453-68. 2011..Bioinformatic analysis of SXL/TRA binding sites, experimental analysis of sex-specific splicing in S2 and Kc cells lines and of the effects of SXL ..
- Identification and characterization of a new conjugation/type IVA secretion system (trb/tra) of Legionella pneumophila Corby localized on two mobile genomic islandsGernot Glockner
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 298:411-28. 2008..In this study we identified and analysed a new type of conjugation/type IVA secretion system (trb/tra) of L. pneumophila Corby, a virulent human isolate...
- Widespread expression of a new putative hormone extrusion pump: NG-TRA transporter protein in human and rat tissueM Ristow
, Bochum, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:138-41. 1996..To gain further insight into its significance we studied the expression of NG-TRA in human and rat tissues and compared the nucleotide sequences derived from both species using reverse transcription ..
- Lymphoid differentiation pathways can be traced by TCR delta rearrangementsEva Fronkova
Childhood Leukemia Investigation Prague, Czech Republic
J Immunol 175:2495-500. 2005..Ig genes are rearranged in B cells using the same enzyme machinery. TCRD (TCR delta) genes are frequently incompletely rearranged in B precursor leukemias and recently were found in a ..
- Sex determination in the germ line of Drosophila depends on genetic signals and inductive somatic factorsR Nothiger
Zoological Institute, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Development 107:505-18. 1989..and 2X:3A were sexually transformed into pseudomales by mutations at the sex-determining genes Sxl (Sex-lethal), tra (transformer), tra-2 (transformer-2), or dsx (double-sex)...
- Traumatic rupture of thoracic aorta in real-world motor vehicle crashesSamuel Bertrand
Laboratoire d Automatique, de Mécanique et d Informatique Industrielles et Humaines LAMIH, Universite de Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambresis, Valenciennes, France samuel
Traffic Inj Prev 9:153-61. 2008..This study aims at evaluating the most relevant risk factors of TRA. It also aims at analyzing the types of TRA as a function of car crash conditions and rib cage fractures.
- Specific Taenia crassiceps and Taenia solium antigenic peptides for neurocysticercosis immunodiagnosis using serum samplesE C Bueno
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 38:146-51. 2000..by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and by immunoblotting with Taenia crassiceps vesicular fluid antigen (Tcra) and Taenia solium total saline antigen (Tso) for the detection of immunoglobulin G antibodies...
- Recovering probabilities for nucleotide trimming processes for T cell receptor TRA and TRG V-J junctions analyzed with IMGT toolsKevin Bleakley
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, F 75248, France
BMC Bioinformatics 9:408. 2008..However, as trimmed nucleotides can potentially be replaced by identical N region nucleotides during the process, the observed "output" represents a biased estimate of the "true trimming process."..
- Liarozole markedly increases all trans-retinoic acid toxicity in mouse limb bud cell cultures: a model to explain the potency of the aromatic retinoid (E)-4-[2-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthylenyl)-1-propenyl] benzoic acidMichael A Pignatello
Laboratory of Cellular and Biochemical Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 178:186-94. 2002..half-life in retinoid toxicity, experiments were performed to determine whether, and to what extent, inhibition of tRA metabolism by liarozole increased its toxicity comparable to that of TTNPB in the mouse limb bud system...
- Comparison of tretinoin 0.05% cream and 3% alcohol-based salicylic acid preparation in the treatment of acne vulgarisL Babayeva
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:328-33. 2011..Salicylic acid (SA), tretinoin (all-TRA) and clindamycin phosphate (CDP) are known to to be effective agents depending on their comedolytic and anti-..
- Predicting the contribution of rat cytochrome P-450 3A1, 3A2 and human cytochrome P-450 3A4, 3A5 to territrem a 4beta-C hydroxylation using the relative activity factorYu Husan Lin
Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1407-14. 2008..In liver microsomes from five male Wistar rats, TRA 4beta-C hydroxylation activity significantly correlated with CYP3A1/2 activity, while, in liver microsomes from ..
- TRA-418, a novel compound having both thromboxane A(2) receptor antagonistic and prostaglandin I(2) receptor agonistic activities: its antiplatelet effects in human and animal plateletsN Yamada
Clinical Development Center, Toray Industries, Inc, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 1:1813-9. 2003b>TRA-418 is a novel compound that has been found in our screening for compounds having both thromboxane A2 (TP) receptor antagonistic and prostaglandin I2 (IP) receptor agonistic activities...
- Inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis in soft tissue sarcoma cells by interferon-alpha and retinoidsT Brodowicz
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, Vienna, Australia
Br J Cancer 80:1350-8. 1999..Similarly, 9cRA, 13cRA and tRA decreased the proliferation of HTB-82 and HTB-93 STS cells, whereas the proliferation of p53-mutated HTB-91, HTB-92 ..
- Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific to pangasius catfish, basa, and traK G Gajewski
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, Florida State Univ, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1493, USA
J Food Sci 74:C241-7. 2009..MAb T7E10 recognized 2 antigenic proteins (molecular weight approximately 36 and 75 kDa) in raw and cooked tra and basa extracts, while T1G11 bound to several proteins (molecular weight between 13 and 18 kDa) in tra and basa ..
- Activity of the Agrobacterium Ti plasmid conjugal transfer regulator TraR is inhibited by the product of the traM geneC Fuqua
Section of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
J Bacteriol 177:1367-73. 1995The Agrobacterium Ti plasmid tra regulon was previously found to be positively regulated by the TraR protein in the presence of a diffusible N-acyl homoserine lactone designated Agrobacterium autoinducer (AAI)...
- Our experience with transradial approach for coronary angiographyVeli Vefali
Department of Cardiology, Cankaya Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 36:163-7. 2008Transradial approach (TRA) for coronary angiography has only become popular in our country in recent years. In this study, we evaluated radial and femoral angiographies performed at our center.
- Effect of the gene transformer of Anastrepha on the somatic sexual development of DrosophilaMaria Fernanda Ruiz
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 54:627-33. 2010..The transformer cDNA of Anastrepha encoding the putative full-length Tra protein was cloned in pUAST and introduced into Drosophila melanogaster...
- Tissue residue approach for chemical mixturesScott Dyer
Procter and Gamble, 11810 East Miami River Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45201, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:99-115. 2011..This article reviews the literature related to the TRA for mixtures of chemicals and recommends a practical, tiered approach that can be implemented in regulatory or risk ..
- Endogenous distribution of retinoids during normal development and teratogenesis in the mouse embryoC Horton
Developmental Biology Research Centre, King s College London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 202:312-23. 1995..The levels of tRA do not change significantly over the 6 days of development analysed, whereas t-retinol rises sharply as the liver ..
- Arbitrary shaped, liquid filled reverberators with non-resonant transducers for broadband focusing of ultrasound using Time Reversed AcousticsA Sarvazyan
Artann Laboratories, 1753 Linvale Harbourton Road, Trenton, NJ 08530, USA
Ultrasonics 49:301-5. 2009..an alternative technique of ultrasound focusing based on the principles of Time Reversed Acoustics (TRA) because in TRA systems, effective focusing can be achieved with just a few, or even one, transducers...
- Antiproliferative effects of trapidil in vascular smooth muscle cells are associated by inhibition of MAPK and P34(cdc2) activityY Cheng
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 35:1-6. 2000Trapidil (Tra) is a potent coronary vasodilator. Recent studies have shown that Tra possesses antiproliferative activity in glioma cells and vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- The tra region of the nopaline-type Ti plasmid is a chimera with elements related to the transfer systems of RSF1010, RP4, and FS K Farrand
Department of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
J Bacteriol 178:4233-47. 1996..One unit encodes traA, traF, and traB, while the second encodes traC, traD, and traG...
- The conjugal transfer system of Agrobacterium tumefaciens octopine-type Ti plasmids is closely related to the transfer system of an IncP plasmid and distantly related to Ti plasmid vir genesJ Alt-Mörbe
Institut fur Biologie III, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Bacteriol 178:4248-57. 1996..Both regions previously were shown to contain sequences that hybridize with tra genes of the nopaline-type Ti plasmid pTiC58...
- Using the theory of reasoned action to determine physicians' intention to measure body mass index in children and adolescentsRahul Khanna
Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, West Virginia University, PO Box 9510, Morgantown, WV 26506 9510, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 5:170-81. 2009..However, studies have shown that physicians infrequently measure BMI in children and adolescents...
- A rehabilitative ultrasound imaging investigation of lateral abdominal muscle thickness in healthy aging adultsDeborah M Stetts
Department of Physical Therapy Education, Elon University, Elon, NC 27244 2010, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 32:60-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate, using RUSI, the size and symmetry of the lateral abdominal muscles bilaterally at rest and during the ADIM in healthy older adults and the reliability of these measurements...
- Differential activity of regions of transversus abdominis during trunk rotationDonna M Urquhart
Department of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Eur Spine J 14:393-400. 2005..middle region of TrA, obliquus internus abdominis (OI) and obliquus externus abdominis (OE), and lower region of TrA and OI. Surface electrodes were placed over right rectus abdominis (RA)...
- FOG-2, a novel F-box containing protein, associates with the GLD-1 RNA binding protein and directs male sex determination in the C. elegans hermaphrodite germlineR Clifford
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8232, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 127:5265-76. 2000Male sex determination in the Caenorhabditis elegans hermaphrodite germline requires translational repression of tra-2 mRNA by the GLD-1 RNA binding protein...
- Biochemical and genetic analysis of the OKa blood group antigenB P Williams
Laboratory of Human Molecular Genetics, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Immunogenetics 27:322-9. 1988The monoclonal antibody TRA-1-85 recognizes a cell surface antigen which is expressed by all human cell types tested, including red blood cells (RBCs), but not by mouse cells...
- A review of the tissue residue approach for organic and organometallic compounds in aquatic organismsAnne E McElroy
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5000, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:50-74. 2011..The vast majority of data available on TRA is derived from laboratory studies of acute lethal responses to organic toxicants exhibiting baseline toxicity...
- Comparative histologic effects of daily topical application of creams containing all-trans-retinoic acid or all-trans-retinoyl beta-glucuronide on pig skinDesiree B Gunning
Departments of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:205-12. 2002..However, whereas 3.3 mM tRA shows side effects, 3.3 mM RAG does not...
- Targeted removal of PML-RARalpha protein is required prior to inhibition of histone deacetylase for overcoming all-trans retinoic acid differentiation resistance in acute promyelocytic leukemiaYongkui Jing
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6547, USA
Blood 100:1008-13. 2002..Treatment with tRA in tRA differentiation-resistant NB4 subclones R4 and MR-2 does not result in PML-RARalpha diminution and the tested ..
- A magnetic resonance imaging investigation of the transversus abdominis muscle during drawing-in of the abdominal wall in elite Australian Football League players with and without low back painJulie A Hides
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 40:4-10. 2010..Single-blinded quasi-experimental study...
- The TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 human pluripotent stem cell markers are expressed on podocalyxin in embryonal carcinomaWilliam M Schopperle
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, RW 875, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Stem Cells 25:723-30. 2007..Embryonal carcinoma, as do all human pluripotent stem cells, expresses TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 antigens, and although their molecular identities are unknown, they are commonly used as markers ..
- [Ketorolac versus tramadol: comparative study of analgesic efficacy in the postoperative pain in abdominal hysterectomy]G Ollé Fortuny
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital de Mataro, Consorci Hospitalari del Maresme, Mataro, Barcelona
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 47:162-7. 2000..To compare the analgesic efficacy of tramadol to that of ketorolac trometamol administered intravenously and at fixed times over the 24 hours after abdominal hysterectomy...
- Altered response of the anterolateral abdominal muscles to simulated weight-bearing in subjects with low back painJulie A Hides
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
Eur Spine J 18:410-8. 2009..Real-time ultrasound imaging was used to assess changes in thickness of the TrA and internal oblique IO muscles as well as lateral movement ("slide") of the anterior fascial insertion of the TrA ..
- Time-effect profile of antihypertensive agents assessed with trough/peak ratio, smoothness index and dose omission: an ambulatory blood pressure monitoring study with trandolapril vs. quinaprilAnca Radauceanu
Centre d Investigation Clinique CIC, INSERM CHU de Nancy, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 16:545-54. 2002..Group T/P were 0.85 for Tra and 0.62 for Qui...
- Both retinoic acid receptors alpha (RARalpha) and gamma (RARgamma) are able to initiate mouse upper-lip skin glandular metaplasiaS Blanchet
Epithelial Differentiation Biology, LEDAC UMR CNRS, Albert Bonniot Institute, La Tronche, France
J Invest Dermatol 111:206-12. 1998..retinoic acid (tRA) give rise to a glandular metaplasia of hair vibrissa follicles; however, at this concentration, tRA can activate not only the three retinoic acid receptors (RARalpha, beta, and gamma), but also the retinoid X ..
- Glycan stem-cell markers are specifically expressed by spermatogonia in the adult non-human primate testisT Muller
Stem Cell Research Group, German Primate Center, Kellnerweg 4, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Hum Reprod 23:2292-8. 2008The glycan cell surface molecules, stage-specific embryonic antigen (SSEA)-1, -3 and -4 and tumor-rejection antigen (TRA)-1-60 and -1-81, are expressed in specific combinations by undifferentiated pluripotent cells, i.e...
- Comparative study on the sedative effects of morphine, methadone, butorphanol or tramadol, in combination with acepromazine, in dogsEduardo Raposo Monteiro
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Centro Universitário de Maringá CESUMAR, Parana, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:25-33. 2009To compare the effects of morphine (MOR), methadone (MET), butorphanol (BUT) and tramadol (TRA), in combination with acepromazine, on sedation, cardiorespiratory variables, body temperature and incidence of emesis in dogs.
- Determination and kinetics of enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin in Tra catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) using a liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry methodS Danyi
Department of Food Sciences, Laboratory of Food Analysis, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CART Center for Analytical Research and Technology, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 34:142-52. 2011Determination and kinetics of enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin in Tra catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) using a liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry method. J. vet. Pharmacol...
- Differential control of abdominal muscles during multi-directional support-surface translations in manMark G Carpenter
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Brain Res 188:445-55. 2008..on translation direction within the first 100 ms of activity, whereas responses from the two deeper muscles (TrA and OI) were independent of translation direction during this interval...
- Tensile transmission across the lumbar fasciae in unembalmed cadavers: effects of tension to various muscular attachmentsPriscilla J Barker
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:129-38. 2004..Traction was applied to muscles attaching to the posterior and middle layers of lumbar fascia (PLF, MLF). Effects on fasciae were determined via tensile force measures and movement of markers...
- Regulation of bacterial conjugation in microaerobiosis by host-encoded functions ArcAB and sdhABCDAna Serna
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Genetics 184:947-58. 2010..In turn, succinate dehydrogenase (SdhABCD) is a repressor of mating in aerobiosis. ArcA binds upstream of the main tra promoter (p(traY)) and activates tra transcription, as previously described in F, R1, and R100...
- Regulation of doublesex pre-mRNA processing occurs by 3'-splice site activationL C Ryner
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, California 94305
Genes Dev 5:2071-85. 1991..Here, we used transient expression of dsx pre-mRNAs in the presence or absence of tra and tra-2 gene products in Drosophila tissue culture cells to investigate the molecular mechanism controlling this ..
- Driving plasticity in the motor cortex in recurrent low back painHenry Tsao
NHMRC Centre of Clinical Research Excellence in Spinal Pain, Injury and Health, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Pain 14:832-9. 2010..Electromyographic (EMG) activity was recorded from TrA bilaterally using intramuscular fine-wire electrodes...
- Instructing pelvic floor contraction facilitates transversus abdominis thickness increase during low-abdominal hollowingDuncan Critchley
Division of Physiotherapy, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London, UK
Physiother Res Int 7:65-75. 2002..The present study investigated the effect of instructing PF contraction on TrA thickness increase during low abdominal hollowing.
- Retinoic acid inhibits induction of c-Jun protein by ultraviolet radiation that occurs subsequent to activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in human skin in vivoG J Fisher
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0609, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1432-40. 1998..We investigated upstream signal transduction pathways and the mechanism of tRA inhibition of UV induction of matrix metalloproteinases in human skin in vivo...
- Management of traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta in pediatric patientsRiyad Karmy-Jones
Division of Cardiothoracic Trauma, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1513-7. 2003Traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta (TRA) in the pediatric population is uncommon. Management of TRA in general has evolved to include selective nonoperative and endovascular stent graft approaches, although operative repair remains ..
- Feasibility and safety of transradial arterial approach for simultaneous right and left vertebral artery angiographic studies and stentingHon Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University Collage of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:840-6. 2007This study investigated whether the transradial artery (TRA) approach using a 6-French (F) Kimny guiding catheter for right vertebral artery (VA) angiographic study and stenting is safe and effective for patients with significant VA ..
- Multiple factors contribute to the toxicity of the aromatic retinoid TTNPB (Ro 13-7410): interactions with the retinoic acid receptorsM A Pignatello
Laboratory of Cellular and Biochemical Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 159:109-16. 1999..These observations are consistent with the 10-fold lower affinity of TTNPB vs tRA for RARs and, therefore, do not explain the greater potency of TTNPB...
- Comparative genomic analysis and evolution of the T cell receptor loci in the opossum Monodelphis domesticaZuly E Parra
Center for Evolutionary and Theoretical Immunology and Department of Biology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
BMC Genomics 9:111. 2008All jawed-vertebrates have four T cell receptor (TCR) chains: alpha (TRA), beta (TRB), gamma (TRG) and delta (TRD). Marsupials appear unique by having an additional TCR: mu (TRM)...
- Characterization of lateral abdominal muscle thickness in persons with lower extremity amputationsBarbara A Springer
Physical Therapy Service, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 37:635-43. 2007..Retrospective review...
- Implementation of the standard strategy for identification of Ig/TCR targets for minimal residual disease diagnostics in B-cell precursor ALL pediatric patients: Polish experienceMałgorzata Dawidowska
Department of Molecular and Clinical Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 32, 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 56:409-18. 2008..A feasibility study is presented of the standard strategy for the identification of Ig/TCR targets for MRD diagnostics in Polish ALL patients by identifying Ig/TCR gene rearrangement pattern using standard primer sets and protocols...
- T-cell receptor gamma and delta gene rearrangements and junctional region characteristics in south Indian patients with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNatarajan Sudhakar
Department of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute WIA, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Am J Hematol 82:215-21. 2007..At least one clonal TCRG or TCRD rearrangement was detected in 34 (85%) cases. TCR gamma (TCRG) rearrangement was detected in 25 (62...
- Neurocysticercosis: detection of IgG, IgA and IgE antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid, serum and saliva samples by ELISA with Taenia solium and Taenia crassiceps antigensE C Bueno
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences FPS, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 58:18-24. 2000..control group and individuals with other parasitoses, by ELISA with Taenia crassiceps vesicular fluid antigen (Tcra) and Taenia solium total antigen (Tso) for the detection of antibodies...
- Trial of the Trachoma Rapid Assessment methodology in The GambiaH Limburg
International Centre for Eye Health, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 8:73-85. 2001To test the validity and repeatability of a newly designed Trachoma Rapid Assessment (TRA) methodology.
- Derivation of three clones from human embryonic stem cell lines by FACS sorting and their characterizationKuldip S Sidhu
Stem Cell Group, Diabetes Transplant Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2031 Australia
Stem Cells Dev 15:61-9. 2006..e., SSEA3, SSEA4, OCT4, TRA-1-60, and TRA-1-81), and gene expression for pluripotency (Oct-4 and nanog)...
- Histopathologic changes of the radial artery wall secondary to transradial catheterizationCezar S Staniloae
Saint Vincent s Hospital Manhattan, New York, NY 10011, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:527-32. 2009..The immediate effects of transradial access on the radial artery wall are unknown. In this study we sought to assess the histological changes induced by catheterization on the radial artery...
- Analysis of the conjugal transfer system of the pheromone-independent highly transferable Enterococcus plasmid pMG1: identification of a tra gene (traA) up-regulated during conjugationKoichi Tanimoto
Department of Microbiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
J Bacteriol 184:5800-4. 2002..To analyze regulation of tra gene expression in pMG1, transcripts of pMG1 were examined during conjugation...
- A GxxxG-like motif within HIV-1 fusion peptide is critical to its immunosuppressant activity, structure, and interaction with the transmembrane domain of the T-cell receptorOmri Faingold
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 287:33503-11. 2012..Overall, the data support an important role for the AxxxG motif in the function of FP and might explain the natural selection of the AxxxG motif rather than the classical GxxxG motif in FP...
- Tcra gene recombination is supported by a Tcra enhancer- and CTCF-dependent chromatin hubHan Yu Shih
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E3493-502. 2012..Here we assessed mechanisms that direct developmental stage-specific long-distance interactions at the Tcra/Tcrd locus...
- The TraA relaxase autoregulates the putative type IV secretion-like system encoded by the broad-host-range Streptococcus agalactiae plasmid pIP501Brigitta Kurenbach
Department for Environmental Microbiology, University of Technology Berlin, FR1 2, Franklinstrasse 28 29, D 10587 Berlin, Germany
Microbiology 152:637-45. 2006..This paper reports co-transcription of the pIP501 tra genes in exponentially growing Enterococcus faecalis JH2-2 cells, as shown by RT-PCR...
- Conjugal transfer of the virulence plasmid of Salmonella enterica is regulated by the leucine-responsive regulatory protein and DNA adenine methylationEva M Camacho
Department of Genetics, School of Biology, University of Seville, Apartado 1095, 41080 Seville, Spain
Mol Microbiol 44:1589-98. 2002..Mutations that decreased tra operon expression mapped in the lrp gene, which encodes the leucine-responsive regulatory protein (Lrp)...
- A molecular analysis of transformer, a gene in Drosophila melanogaster that controls female sexual differentiationM McKeown
Cell 48:489-99. 1987..We have isolated the tra gene as part of a 200 kb chromosomal walk...
- Inhibition of Caco-2 cell proliferation by all-trans retinoic acid: role of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6Eun J Kim
Division of Life Sciences, Institute of Environment and Life Science, Hallym University, Chunchon, 200 702, Korea
J Cell Physiol 190:92-100. 2002..b>tRA inhibited Caco-2 cell proliferation in a dose-dependent manner, with a 40 +/- 2% decrease in cell number observed 48 ..
- Basal LAT-diacylglycerol-RasGRP1 signals in T cells maintain TCRα gene expressionEvan Markegard
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25540. 2011..We postulate that basal LAT-diacylglycerol-RasGRP signals fulfill a regulatory function in peripheral T lymphocytes by maintaining proper gene expression programs...
- Dual combination therapy targeting DR5 and EMMPRIN in pancreatic adenocarcinomaHyunki Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:405-15. 2012..Cytotoxicity of anti-EMMPRIN antibody and anti-DR5 antibody (TRA-8) in MIA PaCa-2 and PANC-1 cell lines was measured by ATPlite assay in vitro. The distributions of Cy5...
- Identification and characterization of the sex-determiner transformer-2 homologue in Chinese shrimp, Fenneropenaeus chinensisS Li
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, PR China
Sex Dev 6:267-78. 2012The transformer-2 gene, encoding a protein (Tra-2) which directs sex-specifically alternative splicing of doublesex (dsx) pre-mRNA in combination with the transformer (Tra) protein, has been proved to play important roles on sex ..
- A sensitized genetic background reveals evolution near the terminus of the Caenorhabditis germline sex determination pathwayRobin Cook Hill
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Evol Dev 11:333-42. 2009..FEM-1, FEM-2, and FEM-3 specify male fates by promoting proteolysis of the male-repressing transcription factor, TRA-1...
- Germline genomic structure of the B10.A mouse Tcra-V2 gene subfamilyH Gahery-Segard
Unite d Immunochimie Analytique, Departement d Immunologie, Institut Pasteur, CNRS UA 359 and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Immunogenetics 44:298-305. 1996The number of mouse Tcra-V gene segments varies from one individual to another and is estimated to be about 100...
- Tumor-specific detection of an optically targeted antibody combined with a quencher-conjugated neutravidin "quencher-chaser": a dual "quench and chase" strategy to improve target to nontarget ratios for molecular imaging of cancerMikako Ogawa
Molecular Imaging Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1088, USA
Bioconjug Chem 20:147-54. 2009..type 2 (HER2), was biotinylated and conjugated with the near-infrared (NIR) fluorophore Alexa680 to synthesize Tra-Alexa680-biotin...
- Ultrasound characteristics of the deep abdominal muscles during the active straight leg raise testDeydre S Teyhen
US Army Baylor University Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy, Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:761-7. 2009To determine whether changes in the transversus abdominis (TrA) and internal oblique (IO) muscles, as seen on ultrasound imaging, during the active straight leg raise (ASLR) test differ between subjects with and without unilateral ..
- Effect of TRA-8 anti-death receptor 5 antibody in combination with chemotherapy in an ex vivo human ovarian cancer modelPeter J Frederick
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:814-9. 2009To investigate the cytotoxicity of TRA-8, an antibody that specifically binds death receptor 5, alone and in combination with chemotherapy, using an ex vivo human ovarian cancer model.
- The chromosomal location of T-cell receptor genes and a T cell rearranging gene: possible correlation with specific translocations in human T cell leukaemiaT H Rabbitts
EMBO J 4:1461-5. 1985..The locations of the three different genes, which undergo rearrangement in T cells, may correlate with the chromosomal breakpoints known to be involved in translocations within abnormal human T cells...
- An early decrease in Notch activation is required for human TCR-alphabeta lineage differentiation at the expense of TCR-gammadelta T cellsInge Van de Walle
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Blood 113:2988-98. 2009..Our results reveal stage-dependent molecular changes in Notch signaling that are critical for normal human T-cell development and reveal fundamental molecular differences between mouse and human...
- Suprabasal expression of a dominant-negative RXR alpha mutant in transgenic mouse epidermis impairs regulation of gene transcription and basal keratinocyte proliferation by RAR-selective retinoidsX Feng
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0314, USA
Genes Dev 11:59-71. 1997..keratin-10 gene promoter, expression of dnRXR alpha severely reduced the ability of RAR-selective ligands tRA and CD367 to induce epidermal mRNA levels of the CRABPII, CRBPI, and CRBPII genes, which contain RA-responsive ..
- A minimal binding footprint on CD1d-glycolipid is a basis for selection of the unique human NKT TCRKwok S Wun
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Structural and Functional Microbial Genomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Exp Med 205:939-49. 2008..Accordingly, although the structural footprint at the NKT TCR-CD1d-alpha-GalCer is small, the energetic footprint is smaller still, and reveals the minimal requirements for CD1d restriction...
- Combined effect of all-trans retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells in vitro and in vivoY Jing
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6547, USA
Blood 97:264-9. 2001..this study examined the effect of As(2)O(3) on tRA-induced differentiation and, conversely, the effect of tRA on As(2)O(3)-induced apoptosis. As(2)O(3) at subapoptotic concentrations (0...
- The STAR protein QKI-6 is a translational repressorL Saccomanno
Department of Cell Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:12605-10. 1999..Recently, GLD-1 was found to be a translational repressor that acts through regulatory elements, called TGEs (for tra-2 and GLI elements), present in the 3' untranslated region of the sex-determining gene tra-2...
- The T cell receptor's alpha-chain connecting peptide motif promotes close approximation of the CD8 coreceptor allowing efficient signal initiationMichel Mallaun
Laboratory of Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology, Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Immunol 180:8211-21. 2008..Therefore, the alpha-CPM of a TCR is an important element in mediating CD8 approximation and signal initiation...
- Telomere length shortening is associated with disease evolution in chronic myelogenous leukemiaJ Boultwood
Department of Cellular Science, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hematol 61:5-9. 1999..6 and 10.0 kb and the mean peak TRA was 8.7 kb...
- Autoregulation of transformer-2 alternative splicing is necessary for normal male fertility in DrosophilaM E McGuffin
Department of Molecular Genetics, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genetics 149:1477-86. 1998..Autoregulation of TRA-2 splicing results in production of two mRNAs that differ by the splicing/retention of the M1 intron and encode ..
- Breast tumor xenografts: diffusion-weighted MR imaging to assess early therapy with novel apoptosis-inducing anti-DR5 antibodyHyunki Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Ave S, BDB 11, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Radiology 248:844-51. 2008To measure the early therapeutic response to a novel apoptosis-inducing antibody, TRA-8, by using diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in a mouse breast cancer model.
- Synergistic transcriptional activation of the mouse urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) gene and of its enhancer activator protein 1 (AP1) site by cAMP and retinoic acidR Mira-y-Lopez
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Box 1178, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY10029, USA
Biochem J 331:909-16. 1998..Photoaffinity labelling experiments showed that tRA did not alter the cellular content of cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulatory subunits I and II...
- Tetracycline-associated transcriptional regulation of transfer genes of the Bacteroides conjugative transposon CTnDOTRobert T Jeters
Department of Microbiology, 601 S Goodwin Ave, Rm B103, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801
J Bacteriol 191:6374-82. 2009..Reverse transcription-PCR analysis of the region containing the tra genes showed that these genes are regulated at the transcriptional level...
- Monoclonal antibody-based sandwich ELISA for reliable identification of imported Pangasius catfishYun Hwa P Hsieh
Dept of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, Florida State Univ, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1493, USA
J Food Sci 74:C602-7. 2009..This sandwich ELISA reliably identified fully cooked basa and tra from more than 70 common finfish, shellfish, land animal species, and other protein materials tested...
- Diversity of T-cell receptor gene rearrangements in South Indian patients with common acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNatarajan Sudhakar
Department of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Iran J Immunol 6:141-6. 2009..Precursor-B-ALL is classified mainly into pro-B-ALL, common-ALL and pre-B-ALL. The Common Acute Lymphoblastic Antigen CD10 is the marker for common-ALL...
- EID - Effects of avian migration & anthropogenic change on the distribution & traThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we will share our results with public health organizations and the scientific community in a timely fashion in order to maximize the public good. ..
- EID - Effects of avian migration & anthropogenic change on the distribution & traThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will share our results with public health organizations and the scientific community in a timely fashion in order to maximize the public good. ..
- Quorum Sensing in Sinorhizobium melilotiJuan Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have characterized three of those systems (Mel, Sin and Tra) and established that they play a part in nodulation, exopolysaccharide production, nitrogen fixation and conjugal ..
- Quorum Sensing in Sinorhizobium melilotiJuan Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have characterized three of those systems (Mel, Sin and Tra) and established that they play a part in nodulation, exopolysaccharide production and conjugal plasmid transfer...
- PS07-003, Minority HIV/AIDS Research InitiativeJose Nanin; Fiscal Year: 2007..the qualitative and quantitative data will be utilized to explore components of the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA) framework of the study as well as the content and contexts of HIV prevention through interpersonal communication...
- Arsenic Trioxide and Acute Myeloid LeukemiaYongkui Jing; Fiscal Year: 2005..remission in acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL, AML-M3) patients that relapsed after all trans retinoic acid (tRA) and chemotherapy treatment...
- ASSESSMENT OF CLINICAL RETINOID ACTIVITY IN LEUKEMIARobert Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 1993..Specifically, the following parameters will be tested for possible correlations with clinical-outcome and/or tRA responsiveness of APL cells in vitro: (1) three different forms of the t(15;17)-generated PML-RARalpha fusion gene, ..
- Alternative processing and antisense regulation of thyroid hormone receptor mRNASTEPHEN MUNROE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In mammals the TRa gene produces two alternatively spliced mRNAs that encode two functionally antagonistic transcription factors...
- Alcohol and Condom Use Resistance in Sexually Coercive/Violent MenKelly Cue Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010..upon Alcohol Myopia Theory, Alcohol Expectancy Theory, and the Theories of Reasoned Action and Planned Behavior (TRA/TPB), two experiments are proposed to investigate the influence of alcohol [Sober, Placebo (expect ...
- Structural MRI of trabecular bone for therapy response monitoringFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2007..is caused by topological changes in the bone's architectural make-up, chief among which is fenestration of tra becular plates resulting in their conversion to rods and the latter's eventual disruption...
- Structural MRI of trabecular bone for therapy response monitoringFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2009..is caused by topological changes in the bone's architectural make-up, chief among which is fenestration of tra becular plates resulting in their conversion to rods and the latter's eventual disruption...
- Biology-Pathology of Arbovirus Persistence in a Mosquito HostDoria Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2007..virus variants, selected for during chronic infection will be isolated; persistent (SIN-PI#), tracheole (SIN-TRA#) & saliva (SIN-SPIT#)...
- Control by tra-1 of sexual differentiation in C. elegansDavid Zarkower; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans, the activity of a single gene, tra-1, is necessary and sufficient to dictate whether the entire body develops as male or female...
- Structural Basis for Synergistic Gene Expression by Runx1 and Ets1 ProteinsTahir H Tahirov; Fiscal Year: 2010..basis of cooperative DNA binding by Runx1 and Ets1 will be determined using composite Ets-Runx binding elements of TCRa and Mo-MLV enhancers, which represent examples of higher (>30 fold) and lower (~10) degrees of cooperative ..
- Structural Basis for Synergistic Gene Expression by Runx1 and Ets1 ProteinsTahir Tahirov; Fiscal Year: 2009..basis of cooperative DNA binding by Runx1 and Ets1 will be determined using composite Ets-Runx binding elements of TCRa and Mo-MLV enhancers, which represent examples of higher (>30 fold) and lower (~10) degrees of cooperative ..
- SELECTION OF T CELL RECEPTOR V-ALPHA REGIONSNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2001..by an investigator who is interested in control of expression of the alpha gene of the T-cell antigen receptor (TCRa)...
- Regulation of Cutaneous Inflammation by local gd T CellsRobert Tigelaar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Combined use of different strains of TCRd-/- (knockout) mice and selective reconstitution of such mice via adoptive transfer has shown that Vgamma5+ DETC, ..
- Rhodopsin-mediated activation of alternative transduction pathways.Janis Lem; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will isolate alternative pathway(s) using transgenic mice with null mutations in the transducin a-subunit (Tra-/-) and/or arrestin (Arr-/-) genes...