Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TOB2
Description: transducer of ERBB2, 2
Alias: APRO5, TOB4, TOBL, TROB2, protein Tob2, protein Tob4, transducer of erbB-2 2
- Jin Y, Birlea S, Fain P, Ferrara T, Ben S, Riccardi S, et al. Genome-wide association analyses identify 13 new susceptibility loci for generalized vitiligo. Nat Genet. 2012;44:676-80 pubmed publisher..56 × 10(-8)), CD44 (P = 1.78 × 10(-9)), IKZF4 (P = 2.75 × 10(-14)), SH2B3 (P = 3.54 × 10(-18)) and TOB2 (P = 6.81 × 10(-10))...
- Rivas M, Tkach M, Beguelin W, Proietti C, Rosemblit C, Charreau E, et al. Transactivation of ErbB-2 induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha promotes NF-kappaB activation and breast cancer cell proliferation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:111-24 pubmed publisher..As TNFalpha has been shown to be present in the tumor microenvironment of a significant proportion of human infiltrating breast cancers, our findings would have clinical implication in ErbB-2-positive breast cancer treatment. ..
- Ezzeddine N, Chang T, Zhu W, Yamashita A, Chen C, Zhong Z, et al. Human TOB, an antiproliferative transcription factor, is a poly(A)-binding protein-dependent positive regulator of cytoplasmic mRNA deadenylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7791-801 pubmed..Our findings reveal a new mechanism by which the fate of mammalian mRNA is modulated at the deadenylation step by a protein that recruits poly(A) nuclease(s) to the 3' poly(A) tail-PABP complex. ..
- Yoshida Y, Hosoda E, Nakamura T, Yamamoto T. Association of ANA, a member of the antiproliferative Tob family proteins, with a Caf1 component of the CCR4 transcriptional regulatory complex. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2001;92:592-6 pubmedA 35-kDa protein, ANA, belongs to an emerging family of antiproliferative proteins consisting of Tob, Tob2, ANA / BTG3, PC3B, PC3 / TIS21 / BTG2, and BTG1...
- Suzuki T, Matsuda S, Tsuzuku J, Yoshida Y, Yamamoto T. A serine/threonine kinase p90rsk1 phosphorylates the anti-proliferative protein Tob. Genes Cells. 2001;6:131-8 pubmed..Because p90rsk1 is activated downstream of receptor tyrosine kinases, we propose that Tob function is at least in part under the control of growth factor-stimulated tyrosine kinases through its phosphorylation by p90rsk1. ..
- Chen C, Zheng D, Xia Z, Shyu A. Ago-TNRC6 triggers microRNA-mediated decay by promoting two deadenylation steps. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:1160-6 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that promotion of biphasic deadenylation to trigger mRNA decay is an intrinsic property of miRISCs. ..
- Huang Y, Zheng J, Tan T, Song L, Huang S, Zhang Y, et al. BTG1 low expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is associated with a poorer prognosis. Int J Biol Markers. 2017;: pubmed publisherBTG1 is a member of the TOB/BTG protein family, which is a transducer of ErbB-2 and TOB2. It is known to inhibit tumor genesis, but its role in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) is still unknown...
- Hirosawa M, Nagase T, Murahashi Y, Kikuno R, Ohara O. Identification of novel transcribed sequences on human chromosome 22 by expressed sequence tag mapping. DNA Res. 2001;8:1-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the mapping of ESTs derived from long cDNAs followed by sequencing of the entire cDNAs provided indispensable information for the precise annotation of genes on the genome together with ESTs derived from short cDNAs. ..
- Feng M, Li Z, Aau M, Wong C, Yang X, Yu Q. Myc/miR-378/TOB2/cyclin D1 functional module regulates oncogenic transformation. Oncogene. 2011;30:2242-51 pubmed publisher..this oncogenic effect, at least in part, by targeting and inhibiting the anti-proliferative BTG family member, TOB2, which is further elucidated as a candidate tumor suppressor to transcriptionally repress proto-oncogene cyclin D1...
- Huang K, Chadee A, Chen C, Zhang Y, Shyu A. Phosphorylation at intrinsically disordered regions of PAM2 motif-containing proteins modulates their interactions with PABPC1 and influences mRNA fate. RNA. 2013;19:295-305 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that changing the extent of phosphorylation of three PAM2-containing proteins (Tob2, Pan3, and Tnrc6c) alters their ability to interact with PABPC1...
- Sasajima H, Nakagawa K, Yokosawa H. Antiproliferative proteins of the BTG/Tob family are degraded by the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3596-604 pubmed..Here, we report that BTG1, Tob, and Tob2 proteins, as well as BTG2 protein, are degraded by the ubiquitin-proteasome system; the degradation of Tob protein ..
- Juszczak G, Stankiewicz A. Glucocorticoids, genes and brain function. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2018;82:136-168 pubmed publisher..Cxxc5, Litaf, Tle4, Jun, Sox4, Sox2, Sox9, Irf1, Sall2, Nfkbia and Id1) and the selective degradation of mRNA (Tob2)...
- Su H, Meng S, Lu Y, Trombly M, Chen J, Lin C, et al. Mammalian hyperplastic discs homolog EDD regulates miRNA-mediated gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2011;43:97-109 pubmed publisher..Among the PABC-interactors, DDX6 and Tob1/2 are both required and sufficient for silencing mRNA targets. Taken together, these data demonstrate a critical function for EDD in miRNA silencing. ..
- Ezzeddine N, Chen C, Shyu A. Evidence providing new insights into TOB-promoted deadenylation and supporting a link between TOB's deadenylation-enhancing and antiproliferative activities. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1089-98 pubmed publisherThe mammalian TOB1 and TOB2 proteins have emerged as key players in repressing cell proliferation. Accumulating evidence indicates that TOBs regulate mRNA deadenylation...