Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TNRC6C
Description: trinucleotide repeat containing 6C
Alias: trinucleotide repeat-containing gene 6C protein
- Zipprich J, Bhattacharyya S, Mathys H, Filipowicz W. Importance of the C-terminal domain of the human GW182 protein TNRC6C for translational repression. RNA. 2009;15:781-93 pubmed publisher..In contrast to a single GW182 protein in Drosophila, the three GW182 paralogs TNRC6A, TNRC6B, and TNRC6C are encoded in mammalian genomes...
- Kozlov G, Safaee N, Rosenauer A, Gehring K. Structural basis of binding of P-body-associated proteins GW182 and ataxin-2 by the Mlle domain of poly(A)-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13599-606 pubmed publisher..we report the crystal structures of the C-terminal Mlle (or PABC) domain in complex with peptides from GW182 (TNRC6C) and Ataxin-2...
- Kalantari R, Hicks J, Li L, Gagnon K, Sridhara V, Lemoff A, et al. Stable association of RNAi machinery is conserved between the cytoplasm and nucleus of human cells. RNA. 2016;22:1085-98 pubmed publisher..Interactions with TRNC6A, TRNC6B, TNRC6C, and AGO3 are conserved between nuclei and cytoplasm...
- Schneider M, Najand N, Chaker S, Pare J, Haskins J, Hughes S, et al. Gawky is a component of cytoplasmic mRNA processing bodies required for early Drosophila development. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:349-58 pubmed..This suggests that gw represents a previously unknown member of a small group of genes that need to be expressed zygotically during early embryo development...
- Guo H, Kazadaeva Y, Ortega F, Manjunath N, Desai T. Trinucleotide repeat containing 6c (TNRC6c) is essential for microvascular maturation during distal airspace sacculation in the developing lung. Dev Biol. 2017;430:214-223 pubmed publisher..However, the majority of TNRC6b and all TNRC6c mutants die within 24h after birth, the latter with respiratory failure...
- Zekri L, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, Izaurralde E. GW182 proteins cause PABP dissociation from silenced miRNA targets in the absence of deadenylation. EMBO J. 2013;32:1052-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the recruitment of the CCR4-NOT complex by GW182 proteins releases PABP from the mRNA poly(A) tail, thereby disrupting mRNA circularization and facilitating translational repression and deadenylation. ..
- Chen Y, Boland A, Kuzuoğlu Öztürk D, Bawankar P, Loh B, Chang C, et al. A DDX6-CNOT1 complex and W-binding pockets in CNOT9 reveal direct links between miRNA target recognition and silencing. Mol Cell. 2014;54:737-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide the missing physical links in a molecular pathway that connects miRNA target recognition with translational repression, deadenylation, and decapping. ..
- Zielezinski A, Karlowski W. Early origin and adaptive evolution of the GW182 protein family, the key component of RNA silencing in animals. RNA Biol. 2015;12:761-70 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that a single-copy GW182/TNRC6C progenitor gene arose with the emergence of multicellularity and it multiplied in the last common ancestor of ..
- Huang K, Chadee A, Chen C, Zhang Y, Shyu A. Phosphorylation at intrinsically disordered regions of PAM2 motif-containing proteins modulates their interactions with PABPC1 and influences mRNA fate. RNA. 2013;19:295-305 pubmed publisher..results indicate that changing the extent of phosphorylation of three PAM2-containing proteins (Tob2, Pan3, and Tnrc6c) alters their ability to interact with PABPC1...