Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TNFR2
Description: TNF receptor superfamily member 1B
Alias: CD120b, TBPII, TNF-R-II, TNF-R75, TNFBR, TNFR1B, TNFR2, TNFR80, p75, p75TNFR, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1B, TNF-R2, TNF-RII, p75 TNF receptor, p80 TNF-alpha receptor, soluble TNFR1B variant 1, tumor necrosis factor beta receptor, tumor necrosis factor binding protein 2, tumor necrosis factor receptor 2, tumor necrosis factor receptor type II
- Rothe M, Wong S, Henzel W, Goeddel D. A novel family of putative signal transducers associated with the cytoplasmic domain of the 75 kDa tumor necrosis factor receptor. Cell. 1994;78:681-92 pubmed..TRAF1 interacts with TNF-R2 indirectly through heterodimer formation with TRAF2. ..
- Fabris M, Tolusso B, Di Poi E, Assaloni R, Sinigaglia L, Ferraccioli G. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor II polymorphism in patients from southern Europe with mild-moderate and severe rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:1847-50 pubmed..We also found a lower degree of response to anti-TNF-alpha treatments in patients carrying the G allele. ..
- Waschke K, Villani A, Vermeire S, Dufresne L, Chen T, Bitton A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor gene polymorphisms in Crohn's disease: association with clinical phenotypes. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:1126-33 pubmed..These data constitute the first report of an association of TNFRSF1A and TNFRSF1B polymorphisms with CD in a Caucasian population and address the role of TNFR mutations in determining clinical heterogeneity in CD. ..
- Dobrzycka B, Terlikowski S, Kowalczuk O, Kinalski M. Circulating levels of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors in the plasma of patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2009;20:131-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, the clinical value of an activated TNF system in EOC needs to be further investigated. ..
- Luo Y, Xu Z, Wan T, He Y, Jones D, Zhang H, et al. Endothelial-specific transgenesis of TNFR2 promotes adaptive arteriogenesis and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1307-14 pubmed publisherWe have previously shown that the tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2) protein is highly upregulated in vascular endothelium in response to ischemia, and a global deletion of TNFR2 in mice blunts ischemia-induced arteriogenesis and ..
- Kemper O, Derre J, Cherif D, Engelmann H, Wallach D, Berger R. The gene for the type II (p75) tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNF-RII) is localized on band 1p36.2-p36.3. Hum Genet. 1991;87:623-4 pubmedThe gene encoding the type II (p75) tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNF-RII) has been localized on human chromosome 1, band 1p36.2 by nonradioactive in situ hybridization...
- Gupta R, Sharma S, Das S. Association of TNF-alpha and TNFR1 promoters and 3' UTR region of TNFR2 gene polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility to tobacco-related oral carcinoma in Asian Indians. Oral Oncol. 2008;44:455-63 pubmed publisher..chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) and at four sites of TNF receptor 2 gene (TNFR2; exon 9 site 1176; exon 10 sites 1663, 1668 and 1690) by PCR-sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP) techniques, ..
- Wicovsky A, Henkler F, Salzmann S, Scheurich P, Kneitz C, Wajant H. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor-1 enhances proinflammatory TNF receptor-2 signaling and modifies TNFR1-TNFR2 cooperation. Oncogene. 2009;28:1769-81 pubmed publisherIt has been shown that tumor necrosis factor receptor-2 (TNFR2) stimulation leads to degradation of TNF receptor associated factor-2 (TRAF2) and inhibition of TNFR1-induced activation of NFkappaB and JNK...
- Mokrousov I, Wu X, Vyazovaya A, Feng W, Sun L, Xiao J, et al. Polymorphism of 3'UTR region of TNFR2 coding gene and its role in clinical tuberculosis in Han Chinese pediatric population. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:1312-8 pubmed publisher..b>TNFR2 encoded by the TNFRSF1B gene is one of the important TNF-? receptors; its polymorphisms were previously suggested ..
- Horiuchi T, Washio M, Kiyohara C, Tsukamoto H, Tada Y, Asami T, et al. Combination of TNF-RII, CYP1A1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms and the risk of Japanese SLE: findings from the KYSS study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:1045-9 pubmed publisher..Combination of the risk genotypes will be important to more clearly identify the population at risk for SLE. ..
- Benjafield A, Glenn C, Wang X, Colagiuri S, Morris B. TNFRSF1B in genetic predisposition to clinical neuropathy and effect on HDL cholesterol and glycosylated hemoglobin in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2001;24:753-7 pubmed..Genetic variation in or near TNFRSF1B may predispose clinical neuropathy, reduced glycosylated hemoglobin, and increased HDL cholesterol in type 2 diabetes patients. The latter could be part of a protective response. ..
- Chan F, Chun H, Zheng L, Siegel R, Bui K, Lenardo M. A domain in TNF receptors that mediates ligand-independent receptor assembly and signaling. Science. 2000;288:2351-4 pubmed..Thus, TNFRs and related receptors appear to function as preformed complexes rather than as individual receptor subunits that oligomerize after ligand binding. ..
- Sashio H, Tamura K, Ito R, Yamamoto Y, Bamba H, Kosaka T, et al. Polymorphisms of the TNF gene and the TNF receptor superfamily member 1B gene are associated with susceptibility to ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, respectively. Immunogenetics. 2002;53:1020-7 pubmed..known as TNFR1), at codon 12 in exon 1 (CCA/CCG), and two SNPs of the 1B gene, TNFRSF1B (also known as TNFR2), (1466 A/G and 1493 C/T)...
- Steenholdt C, Enevold C, Ainsworth M, Brynskov J, Thomsen O, Bendtzen K. Genetic polymorphisms of tumour necrosis factor receptor superfamily 1b and fas ligand are associated with clinical efficacy and/or acute severe infusion reactions to infliximab in Crohn's disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2012;36:650-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FASLG and TNFRSF1B polymorphisms may confer genetic susceptibility to severe infusion reactions. These findings could potentially aid clinical decisions if confirmed in larger studies. ..
- Glossop J, Nixon N, Dawes P, Hassell A, Mattey D. No association of polymorphisms in the tumor necrosis factor receptor I and receptor II genes with disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2003;30:1406-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that neither the +36 TNFRSF1A SNP nor the +196 TNFRSF1B SNP is associated with RA severity in a population of Caucasian patients with RA. ..
- van der Helm van Mil A, Dieude P, Schonkeren J, Cornelis F, Huizinga T. No association between tumour necrosis factor receptor type 2 gene polymorphism and rheumatoid arthritis severity: a comparison of the extremes of phenotypes. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004;43:1232-4 pubmedTo assess the association between the tumour necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2) 196 M/R single-nucleotide polymorphism and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) severity by taking advantage of the extremes of phenotype that exist in arthritis...
- Engelmann H, Novick D, Wallach D. Two tumor necrosis factor-binding proteins purified from human urine. Evidence for immunological cross-reactivity with cell surface tumor necrosis factor receptors. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1531-6 pubmed..The findings presented in this study are consistent with the notion that the urinary TNF-binding proteins constitute soluble forms of the two molecular species of the cell surface TNF receptors. ..
- Laínez B, Fernandez Real J, Romero X, Esplugues E, Canete J, Ricart W, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel spliced variant that encodes human soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor 2. Int Immunol. 2004;16:169-77 pubmed..The biological effects of TNF-alpha are mediated via the cell-surface TNF receptors TNFR1 and TNFR2. Soluble forms of these two receptors, which contain the extracellular ectodomains, are proteolytically cleaved ..
- Glossop J, Dawes P, Hassell A, Mattey D. Anemia in rheumatoid arthritis: association with polymorphism in the tumor necrosis factor receptor I and II genes. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:1673-8 pubmed..5, p = 0.01). Our data suggest that polymorphisms within the TNFRSF1A and TNFRSF1B genes are associated with IDA and/or ACD in patients with RA. ..
- Kuwahara A, Yamamori M, Fujita M, Okuno T, Tamura T, Kadoyama K, et al. TNFRSF1B A1466G genotype is predictive of clinical efficacy after treatment with a definitive 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin-based chemoradiotherapy in Japanese patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:100 pubmed publisher..Further clinical investigation with a large number of patients or experiments in vitro should be performed to assess the predictive value of TNFRSF1B A1466G genotype after chemoradiotherapy. ..
- Potter C, Gibbons L, Bowes J, Cordell H, Hyrich K, Isaacs J, et al. Polymorphisms spanning the TNFR2 and TACE genes do not contribute towards variable anti-TNF treatment response. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:338-41 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that variants spanning the type 2 TNF receptor (TNFR2) and the TNF cleavage enzyme (TACE) genes contribute towards the observed variation in patient response (defined ..
- Santee S, Owen Schaub L. Human tumor necrosis factor receptor p75/80 (CD120b) gene structure and promoter characterization. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21151-9 pubmedTumor necrosis factor receptor p75 (TNF-R p75) is a 75-kDa type I transmembrane protein expressed predominantly on cells of hematopoietic lineage...
- Tabassum R, Chavali S, Mahajan A, Ghosh S, Madhu S, Tandon N, et al. Association analysis of TNFRSF1B polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes and its related traits in North India. Genomic Med. 2008;2:93-100 pubmed publisher..type 2 diabetes and various lines of evidences suggest an important contribution of type 2 receptor for TNFalpha (TNFR2), a mediator of inflammatory responses...
- Heemann C, Kreuz M, Stoller I, Schoof N, von Bonin F, Ziepert M, et al. Circulating levels of TNF receptor II are prognostic for patients with peripheral T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:3637-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a critical role for TNF-TNFR signaling for the clinical outcome of patients with peripheral T-NHLs. ..
- Kohno T, Brewer M, Baker S, Schwartz P, King M, Hale K, et al. A second tumor necrosis factor receptor gene product can shed a naturally occurring tumor necrosis factor inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:8331-5 pubmed..These three receptor molecules are therefore members of a family of polypeptide hormone receptors. ..
- Rauert H, Wicovsky A, Muller N, Siegmund D, Spindler V, Waschke J, et al. Membrane tumor necrosis factor (TNF) induces p100 processing via TNF receptor-2 (TNFR2). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7394-404 pubmed publisherTumor necrosis factor (TNF) elicits its biological activities by stimulation of two receptors, TNFR1 and TNFR2, both belonging to the TNF receptor superfamily...
- Safranow K, Dziedziejko V, Rzeuski R, Czyzycka E, Wojtarowicz A, Binczak Kuleta A, et al. Plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors sTNFR1 and sTNFR2 in patients with coronary artery disease. Tissue Antigens. 2009;74:386-92 pubmed publisher..Metabolic syndrome and diabetes are associated with higher plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its receptors. ..
- Mestiri S, Bouaouina N, Ben Ahmed S, Chouchane L. A functional polymorphism of the tumor necrosis factor receptor-II gene associated with the survival and relapse prediction of breast carcinoma. Cytokine. 2005;30:182-7 pubmed..Genetic variation in TNFRII may predict the late onset of breast carcinoma, relapse and death for patients with breast carcinoma. ..
- Culpan D, Cornish A, Love S, Kehoe P, Wilcock G. Protein and gene expression of tumour necrosis factor receptors I and II and their promoter gene polymorphisms in Alzheimer's disease. Exp Gerontol. 2007;42:538-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that TNF-RI and -RII promoter gene polymorphisms and variations in protein and gene expression of these receptors are unlikely to play a major role in the development of AD. ..
- Kiyohara C, Washio M, Horiuchi T, Tada Y, Asami T, Ide S, et al. Cigarette smoking, STAT4 and TNFRSF1B polymorphisms, and systemic lupus erythematosus in a Japanese population. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2195-203 pubmed publisher..This preliminary exploratory result should be confirmed in a larger study. ..
- Shai I, Schulze M, Manson J, Rexrode K, Stampfer M, Mantzoros C, et al. A prospective study of soluble tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor II (sTNF-RII) and risk of coronary heart disease among women with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2005;28:1376-82 pubmed..85-7.22) for MI and 3.03 (1.82-5.05) for total CHD, compared with those with lower levels of both biomarkers. Increased levels of sTNF-RII were strongly associated with risk of CHD among diabetic women, independent of hyperglycemia. ..
- Dieude P, Osorio J, Petit Teixeira E, Moreno S, Garnier S, Cailleau Moindrault S, et al. A TNFR1 genotype with a protective role in familial rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:413-9 pubmed..arthritis (RA) have suggested that the tumor necrosis factor receptor I (TNFRI) and TNFRII loci (TNFR1 and TNFR2) are susceptibility loci. A TNFR2 polymorphism was found to be associated with familial RA...
- Stark G, Dickinson A, Jackson G, Taylor P, Proctor S, Middleton P. Tumour necrosis factor receptor type II 196M/R genotype correlates with circulating soluble receptor levels in normal subjects and with graft-versus-host disease after sibling allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Transplantation. 2003;76:1742-9 pubmed..02). Because sTNFRIIs can act as TNF antagonists, the association between recipient and donor TNFRII 196R allele status and acute or extensive chronic GVHD incidence, respectively, may reflect reduced circulating sTNFRII. ..
- Bridges S, Jenq G, Moran M, Kuffner T, Whitworth W, McNicholl J. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in tumor necrosis factor receptor genes: definition of novel haplotypes and racial/ethnic differences. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2045-50 pubmed..These striking racial/ethnic differences in TNFR SNP frequencies may influence the likelihood of familial RA, severe disease, or response to TNF inhibitors and may have important evolutionary implications. ..
- Benjafield A, Wang X, Morris B. Tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 gene (TNFRSF1B) in genetic basis of coronary artery disease. J Mol Med (Berl). 2001;79:109-15 pubmed..sTNF-R2 was correlated with age, cholesterol, creatinine, fibrinogen, transforming growth factor beta and homocysteine and was influenced by TNFRSF1B genotype. Thus genetic variation in or near the TNFRSF1B locus may predispose to CAD. ..
- Al Lamki R, Wang J, Vandenabeele P, Bradley J, Thiru S, Luo D, et al. TNFR1- and TNFR2-mediated signaling pathways in human kidney are cell type-specific and differentially contribute to renal injury. FASEB J. 2005;19:1637-45 pubmed..cell injury and proliferation, display down-regulation of TNFR1 and activation of ASK1 as well as up-regulation of TNFR2 on tubular cells, where it colocalizes with phosphorylated endothelial/epithelial tyrosine kinase (Etk)...
- Allen R, Lee E, Roberts D, Park B, Pirmohamed M. Polymorphisms in the TNF-alpha and TNF-receptor genes in patients with coronary artery disease. Eur J Clin Invest. 2001;31:843-51 pubmed..Polymorphisms in the TNF-alpha promoter region and TNF-receptor genes are not associated with the development of CAD. ..
- Rothe M, Pan M, Henzel W, Ayres T, Goeddel D. The TNFR2-TRAF signaling complex contains two novel proteins related to baculoviral inhibitor of apoptosis proteins. Cell. 1995;83:1243-52 pubmedThe 75 kDa tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR2) transduces extracellular signals via receptor-associated cytoplasmic proteins. Two of these signal transducers, TRAF1 and TRAF2, were isolated and characterized previously...
- Rothe M, Xiong J, Shu H, Williamson K, Goddard A, Goeddel D. I-TRAF is a novel TRAF-interacting protein that regulates TRAF-mediated signal transduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:8241-6 pubmed..Overexpression of I-TRAF inhibits TRAF2-mediated NF-kappa B activation signaled by CD40 and both TNF receptors. Thus, I-TRAF appears as a natural regulator of TRAF function that may act by maintaining TRAFs in a latent state. ..
- Guan X, Liao Z, Ma H, Qian J, Liu Z, Yuan X, et al. TNFRSF1B +676 T>G polymorphism predicts survival of non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with chemoradiotherapy. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:447 pubmed publisher..Further large and functional studies are needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Dembic Z, Loetscher H, Gubler U, Pan Y, Lahm H, Gentz R, et al. Two human TNF receptors have similar extracellular, but distinct intracellular, domain sequences. Cytokine. 1990;2:231-7 pubmed..In marked contrast to the extracellular regions, the intracellular domains of the two TNF receptors are entirely unrelated, suggesting different modes of signaling and function. ..
- Matsukura H, Ikeda S, Yoshimura N, Takazoe M, Muramatsu M. Genetic polymorphisms of tumour necrosis factor receptor superfamily 1A and 1B affect responses to infliximab in Japanese patients with Crohn's disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008;27:765-70 pubmed publisher..01). These results suggest that tumour necrosis factor receptor genotypes may be involved in the different responses to infliximab in Japanese patients with Crohn's disease. ..
- Vendrell J, Broch M, Fernandez Real J, Gutierrez C, Simon I, Megia A, et al. Tumour necrosis factor receptors (TNFRs) in Type 2 diabetes. Analysis of soluble plasma fractions and genetic variations of TNFR2 gene in a case-control study. Diabet Med. 2005;22:387-92 pubmed..Likewise, we have analysed the genetic susceptibility of 196T > G exon6/CA-repeat intron 4 mutations in the TNFR2 gene in this population...
- Constantin A, Dieude P, Lauwers Cances V, Jamard B, Mazieres B, Cambon Thomsen A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor II gene polymorphism and severity of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:742-7 pubmedThe gene encoding tumor necrosis factor receptor type II (TNFRII) is a strong candidate in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Dieude P, Petit E, Cailleau Moindrault S, Osorio J, Pierlot C, Martinez M, et al. Association between tumor necrosis factor receptor II and familial, but not sporadic, rheumatoid arthritis: evidence for genetic heterogeneity. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2039-44 pubmed..Results of genome scans have suggested that TNFR2 is a candidate rheumatoid arthritis (RA) locus...
- Mosialos G, Birkenbach M, Yalamanchili R, VanArsdale T, Ware C, Kieff E. The Epstein-Barr virus transforming protein LMP1 engages signaling proteins for the tumor necrosis factor receptor family. Cell. 1995;80:389-99 pubmed..The interaction of LMP1 with these TNFR family-associated proteins is further evidence for their role in signaling and links LMP1-mediated transformation to signal transduction from the TNFR family. ..
- Song H, Donner D. Association of a RING finger protein with the cytoplasmic domain of the human type-2 tumour necrosis factor receptor. Biochem J. 1995;309 ( Pt 3):825-9 pubmed..The TRAP identified in the present study shares considerable homology with, and may be the human homologue of, a mouse protein, TNF receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2), that binds mouse TNFR-2. ..
- Ding B, Kirkiles Smith N, Pober J. FOXO3a regulates oxygen-responsive expression of tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 in human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19331-9 pubmed publisher..To assess effects of molecular oxygen on TNFR2 expression, we subjected cultured human dermal microvascular ECs (HDMECs) to hypoxic conditions (1% O(2)) or to ..
- Pu J, Zeng W. [Gene polymorphism of tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor II in 196 site and premature births in Chinese Han Population]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;41:125-7, 136 pubmed..Polymorphism in 196 site of TNFR II gene was not crucial in preterm labor genesis, TG (GG) genotype may contribute to susceptibility to chorioamnionitis in the process of preterm labor in Chinese Han population. ..
- Miguez A, GarcÃa DÃaz Barriga G, Brito V, Straccia M, Giralt A, GinÃ©s S, et al. Fingolimod (FTY720) enhances hippocampal synaptic plasticity and memory in Huntington's disease by preventing p75NTR up-regulation and astrocyte-mediated inflammation. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4958-70 pubmed publisher..models have been related to low levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and imbalance between TrkB and p75(NTR) receptors...
- Torrey H, Butterworth J, Mera T, Okubo Y, Wang L, Baum D, et al. Targeting TNFR2 with antagonistic antibodies inhibits proliferation of ovarian cancer cells and tumor-associated Tregs. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..b>Tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2) is an attractive target protein because of its restricted abundance to highly ..
- Schei J, Stefansson V, Eriksen B, Jenssen T, Solbu M, Wilsgaard T, et al. Association of TNF Receptor 2 and CRP with GFR Decline in the General Nondiabetic Population. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;12:624-634 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether soluble TNF receptor 2 (TNFR2) and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) were associated with the age-related GFR decline in a nondiabetic ..
- Voss K, Howard P, Riley R, Sharma R, Bucci T, Lorentzen R. Carcinogenicity and mechanism of action of fumonisin B1: a mycotoxin produced by Fusarium moniliforme (= F. verticillioides). Cancer Detect Prev. 2002;26:1-9 pubmed..Further, hepatotoxicity was ameliorated in mice lacking either the TNFR1 or the TNFR2 TNFalpha receptors...
- Darnay B, Reddy S, Aggarwal B. Physical and functional association of a serine-threonine protein kinase to the cytoplasmic domain of the p80 form of the human tumor necrosis factor receptor in human histiocytic lymphoma U-937 cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19687-90 pubmed..This p80 TNF receptor-associated protein and the associated kinase described here are referred to as p80-TRAP and p80-TRAK, respectively. ..
- Chandrasekharan U, Dechert L, Davidson U, Waitkus M, Mavrakis L, Lyons K, et al. Release of nonmuscle myosin II from the cytosolic domain of tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 is required for target gene expression. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra60 pubmed publisher..TNF-α) elicits its biological activities through activation of TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1, also known as p55) and TNFR2 (also known as p75). The activities of both receptors are required for the TNF-α-induced proinflammatory response...
- Green M, Nottrodt R, Simone J, McCormick C. Glucocorticoid receptor translocation and expression of relevant genes in the hippocampus of adolescent and adult male rats. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016;73:32-41 pubmed publisherWe investigated whether pre-pubertal (postnatal day [P] 35) and post-pubertal adolescent (P45) and adult (P75) male rats differed in stressor-induced hormonal responses and in glucocorticoid receptor (GR) translocation because it has ..
- Rocha N, Teixeira A, Scalzo P, Barbosa I, de Sousa M, Morato I, et al. Plasma levels of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors are associated with cognitive performance in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2014;29:527-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PD is associated with a proinflammatory profile, and sTNFRs are putative biomarkers of cognitive performance, with elevated sTNFR1 levels predicting poorer executive functioning in PD patients. ..