Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TMPO
Alias: CMD1T, LAP2, LEMD4, PRO0868, LEM domain containing 4, TP alpha, TP beta/gamma, lamina-associated polypeptide 2, thymopoietin-related peptide isoform alpha, thymopoietin-related peptide isoforms beta/gamma
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- The nuclear-envelope protein and transcriptional repressor LAP2beta interacts with HDAC3 at the nuclear periphery, and induces histone H4 deacetylationRaz Somech
Sheba Cancer Research Center and Institute of Hematology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Cell Sci 118:4017-25. 2005..Our data provide evidence for the existence of a previously unknown repressive complex, composed of an integral nuclear membrane protein and a histone modifier, at the nuclear periphery...
- HA95 is a protein of the chromatin and nuclear matrix regulating nuclear envelope dynamicsS B Martins
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oslo, PO Box 1112 Blindern, Norway
J Cell Sci 113:3703-13. 2000..Cross-linking experiments, however, illustrate a tight association of HA95 with LBR and LAP2 only...
- Genome-wide SNP genotyping study using pooled DNA to identify candidate markers mediating susceptibility to end-stage renal disease attributed to Type 1 diabetesD W Craig
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Diabet Med 26:1090-8. 2009....
- Three distinct human thymopoietins are derived from alternatively spliced mRNAsC A Harris
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:6283-7. 1994..Proteins encoded by these mRNAs, which we have named TP alpha (75 kDa), TP beta (51 kDa), and TP gamma (39 kDa), contain identical N-terminal regions, including sequences ..
- Identification of the lamina-associated-polypeptide-2-binding domain of B-type laminK Furukawa
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 251:729-33. 1998..promote this localization, including the first (residues 1-296) and the second (residues 298-409) halves of the LAP2 N terminus. The second half is involved in LAP2 association with the nuclear lamina [Furukawa, K., Panté, N...
- Nuclear membrane protein LAP2beta mediates transcriptional repression alone and together with its binding partner GCL (germ-cell-less)E Nili
Pediatric Hemato Oncology Department, Division of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Cell Sci 114:3297-307. 2001..Co-expression of both LAP2beta and mGCL with the E2F-DP complex resulted in a reduced transcriptional activity equal to that exerted by the pRb protein...
- The characterization and localization of the mouse thymopoietin/lamina-associated polypeptide 2 gene and its alternatively spliced productsR Berger
Institute of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Isreal
Genome Res 6:361-70. 1996..Here we report the isolation and characterization of seven mouse Tmpo mRNA transcripts named Tmpo alpha, beta, beta', gamma, epsilon, delta, and zeta...
- The major nuclear envelope targeting domain of LAP2 coincides with its lamin binding region but is distinct from its chromatin interaction domainK Furukawa
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4213-9. 1998b>LAP2 is an integral protein of the inner nuclear membrane which binds lamins and chromosomes and is suggested to have an important role in nuclear envelope organization...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha binds intranuclear A-type laminsT Dechat
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 113:3473-84. 2000The nucleoskeletal protein lamina-associated polypeptide 2(&agr;) (LAP2*) contains a large, unique C terminus and differs significantly from its alternatively spliced, mostly membrane-integrated isoforms, such as LAP2beta...
- LAP2 binding protein 1 (L2BP1/BAF) is a candidate mediator of LAP2-chromatin interactionK Furukawa
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya Japan, 464 8602
J Cell Sci 112:2485-92. 1999..The chromatin- and lamin-binding activity of LAP2 suggests that LAP2 plays an important role in targeting mitotic vesicles to chromosomes and reorganizing the ..
- LAP2alpha and BAF transiently localize to telomeres and specific regions on chromatin during nuclear assemblyThomas Dechat
Max F Perutz Laboratories, University Departments at the Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 117:6117-28. 2004..We propose that LAP2alpha and a subfraction of BAF form defined complexes in chromatin core regions and may be involved in chromatin reorganization during early stages of nuclear assembly...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha regulates cell cycle progression and differentiation via the retinoblastoma-E2F pathwayDaniela Dorner
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 173:83-93. 2006Lamina-associated polypeptide (LAP) 2alpha is a nonmembrane-bound LAP2 isoform that forms complexes with nucleoplasmic A-type lamins...
- Solution structure of the constant region of nuclear envelope protein LAP2 reveals two LEM-domain structures: one binds BAF and the other binds DNAM Cai
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, Building 5, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0510, USA
EMBO J 20:4399-407. 2001The nuclear envelope proteins LAP2, emerin and MAN1 share a conserved approximately 40-residue 'LEM' motif. Loss of emerin causes Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy...
- Thymopoietin (lamina-associated polypeptide 2) gene mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathyMatthew R G Taylor
CU Cardiovascular Institute, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Hum Mutat 26:566-74. 2005Thymopoietin or TMPO (indicated by its alternative gene symbol, LAP2, in this work) has been proposed as a candidate disease gene for dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), since a LAP2 product associates with nucleoplasmic lamins A/C, which are ..
- Integral membrane proteins of the nuclear envelope interact with lamins and chromosomes, and binding is modulated by mitotic phosphorylationR Foisner
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Cell 73:1267-79. 1993..Together, these data suggest that LAP 2 may have a key role in initial events of nuclear envelope reassembly, and that both LAP 2 and LAP 1 may be involved in attaching lamins to the nuclear envelope...
- Lamin A/C binding protein LAP2alpha is required for nuclear anchorage of retinoblastoma proteinEwa Markiewicz
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 13:4401-13. 2002..Together, these data suggest that hypophosphorylated Rb is anchored in the nucleus by the interaction of pocket C with LAP2alpha-lamin A/C complexes...
- Detergent-salt resistance of LAP2alpha in interphase nuclei and phosphorylation-dependent association with chromosomes early in nuclear assembly implies functions in nuclear structure dynamicsT Dechat
nstitute of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Biocenter and Institute of Tumor Biology Cancer Research, University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 17:4887-902. 1998..Some LAP2alpha may also associate with membranes prior to chromatin attachment. Altogether the data suggest a role of LAP2alpha in post-mitotic nuclear assembly and in the dynamic structural organization of the nucleus...
- Cell cycle dynamics of the nuclear envelopeRoland Foisner
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Section of Molecular Cell Biology, Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, Dr Bohrgasse 9, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
ScientificWorldJournal 3:1-20. 2003..Various chromatin-binding domains in lamina proteins, such as the LEM domain, present in all LAP2 isoforms and in emerin, as well as unique regions in lamina proteins and in specific LAP2 isoforms have been ..
- Lamins in disease: why do ubiquitously expressed nuclear envelope proteins give rise to tissue-specific disease phenotypes?C J Hutchison
The Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
J Cell Sci 114:9-19. 2001..Several integral membrane proteins including emerin, LBR, LAP1 and LAP2 bind to nuclear lamins in vitro and can influence lamin function and dynamics in vivo...
- Function and assembly of nuclear pore complex proteinsK Bodoor
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Calgary, AB, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 77:321-9. 1999..of NPC components (CAN/Nup214, Nup153, POM121, p62 and Tpr) relative to the integral inner nuclear membrane protein LAP2 and the NPC membrane glycoprotein gp210...
- LBR mutation and nuclear envelope defects in a patient affected with Reynolds syndromeCaroline Gaudy-Marqueste
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Ste Marguerite, Marseille, France
J Med Genet 47:361-70. 2010..search was undertaken for mutations in LMNA, encoding Lamins A/C, and ZMPSTE24, LBR, LMNB1, LMNB2, MAN1, SYNE1a and LAP2, encoding Lamins A/C molecular partners, in a Caucasian woman affected with Reynolds syndrome, a particular ..
- Distribution of emerin during the cell cycleM C Dabauvalle
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 78:749-56. 1999..reassembly of the nuclear envelope at this mitotic stage emerin colocalizes with lamin A/C but not with lamin B and LAP2 proteins...
- Genetic and ultrastructural studies in dilated cardiomyopathy patients: a large deletion in the lamin A/C gene is associated with cardiomyocyte nuclear envelope disruptionPallavi Gupta
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5, Canada
Basic Res Cardiol 105:365-77. 2010..of 25 unrelated DCM patient samples for (a) cardiomyocyte nuclear abnormalities and (b) mutations in LMNA and TMPO as they are two DCM-causing genes that encode proteins involved in maintaining nuclear envelope architecture...
- The inner nuclear membrane protein LAP1 forms a native complex with B-type lamins and partitions with spindle-associated mitotic vesiclesC Maison
Department of Basic Sciences, The University of Crete School of Medicine, Heraklion, Greece
EMBO J 16:4839-50. 1997..The LAP1-lamin B complex is distinct from analogous complexes formed by the 'lamina-associated polypeptide-2' (LAP2), another inner nuclear membrane protein, and includes a protein kinase...
- Lmo7 is an emerin-binding protein that regulates the transcription of emerin and many other muscle-relevant genesJames M Holaska
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:3459-72. 2006..Misregulation of 11 genes, including four (CREBBP, NAP1L1, LAP2, RBL2) known to be misregulated in X-EDMD patients and emerin-null mice [Bakay, M., Wang, Z., Melcon, G...
- Cloning of a cDNA for lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) and identification of regions that specify targeting to the nuclear envelopeK Furukawa
Department of Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
EMBO J 14:1626-36. 1995Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) is an integral membrane protein of the inner nuclear membrane, which binds directly to both lamin B1 and chromosomes in a mitotic phosphorylation-regulated manner...
- High-alcohol preferring mice are more impulsive than low-alcohol preferring mice as measured in the delay discounting taskB G Oberlin
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1294-303. 2009..In this study, we address this question by testing alcohol-naïve mice from lines showing heritable differences in alcohol intake...
- Structural analysis of emerin, an inner nuclear membrane protein mutated in X-linked Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophyN Wolff
Departement d Ingenierie et d Etudes des Proteines, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
FEBS Lett 501:171-6. 2001..in the two N-terminal domains of another inner nuclear membrane protein called lamina-associated protein 2 (LAP2)...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors--a new tool to treat cancerRaz Somech
Laboratory of Molecular Hemato Oncology, Sheba Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cancer Treat Rev 30:461-72. 2004..laboratory is interested in the transcription repression mechanism induced by the nuclear envelope lamina associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) family of proteins through chromatin modification...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor stimulation activates the RNA binding protein CUG-BP1 and increases expression of C/EBPbeta-LIP in mammary epithelial cellsBrenda R Baldwin
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3682-91. 2004..C/EBP beta is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2, and LIP) whose expression is regulated by alternative translational initiation at downstream AUG start sites...
- Trimethylphosphate: a 30-month chronic toxicity/carcinogenicity study in Wistar rats with administration in drinking waterE M Bomhard
Department of Toxicology, Carcinogenicity, and Genotoxicity, Bayer AG, Wuppertal, Germany
Fundam Appl Toxicol 40:75-89. 1997Trimethylphosphate (TMPO) was administered to 50 male and 50 female Wistar rats through their drinking water at doses of 0, 1, 10, or 100 mg/kg body weight up to 30 months...
- Acoustic startle at baseline and during acute alcohol withdrawal in replicate mouse lines selectively bred for high or low alcohol preferenceJulia A Chester
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2081, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1633-44. 2007..differences in alcohol preference in 2 mouse lines selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- The localization of LAP2 beta during pronuclear formation in bovine oocytes after fertilization or activationMamiko Isaji
Department of Bioresource and Agrobiosciences, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Zygote 14:157-67. 2006..The results also indicate that CH treatment inhibits LAP2beta assembly around oCh but not histone H3 dephosphorylation...
- Genomic structure and expression of parathyroid hormone-related protein gene (PTHrP) in a teleost, Fugu rubripesD M Power
Centro de Ciências de MAR CCMAR, Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, Faro, Portugal
Gene 250:67-76. 2000..Sequence scanning of overlapping cosmids has identified three additional genes, TMPO, LDHB and KCNA1, which map to human chromosome 12, with the latter two mapping to 12p12-11.2...
- RNA interference targeting leucine aminopeptidase blocks hatching of Schistosoma mansoni eggsGabriel Rinaldi
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 167:118-26. 2009..japonicum. The similarities in sequence and exon/intron structure of the two genes, LAP1 and LAP2, suggest that they arose by gene duplication and that this occurred before separation of the mansoni and japonicum ..
- Direct interaction between emerin and lamin AL Clements
MRIC Biochemistry Group, N E Wales Institute, Wrexham, LL11 2AW, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267:709-14. 2000..An emerin-lamin A interaction system may be related in function to the LAP2-lamin B system at the inner nuclear rim.
- Drugs affecting prelamin A processing: effects on heterochromatin organizationElisabetta Mattioli
IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, Via di Barbiano 1 10 I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Exp Cell Res 314:453-62. 2008..At the biochemical level, heterochromatin-associated proteins and LAP2 alpha were clustered at the nuclear interior following FTI-277 treatment, while they were unevenly distributed or ..
- Identification of phosphorylation sites in native lamina-associated polypeptide 2 betaM Dreger
AG Neurochemie, Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 38:9426-34. 1999..Additionally, we identified for the first time at the protein level the LAP 2 splice variant LAP 2 epsilon in nuclear envelopes...
- Domain-specific disassembly and reassembly of nuclear membranes during mitosisB Buendia
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 230:133-44. 1997..In these studies, protein LAP2/thymopoietin beta, another marker of the inner nuclear membrane, was segregating as lamin B receptor, suggesting ..
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta: its role in breast cancer and associations with receptor tyrosine kinasesCynthia A Zahnow
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, 1650 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Expert Rev Mol Med 11:e12. 2009..Encoded by an intronless gene, C/EBPbeta is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2, LIP) whose expression is regulated by the differential use of several in-frame translation start sites...
- The lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) isoforms beta, gamma and omega of zebrafish: developmental expression and behavior during the cell cycleVera K Schoft
Division of Electron Microscopy, Biocenter of the University of Wü rzburg, Am Hubland, Germany
J Cell Sci 116:2505-17. 2003..The maternally synthesized omega is the largest isoform and the only LAP2 present in the rapidly dividing embryonic cells up to the gastrula stage...
- Variability and genetic differentiation among Anopheles (Ano.) intermedius Chagas, 1908 and Anopheles (Ano.) mattogrossensis Lutz & Neiva, 1911 (Diptera: Culicidae) from the Brazilian AmazonJoselita Maria Mendes dos Santos
Coordenação de Pesquisas em Ciências da Saúde, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazonia, Manaus, AM 69011 970, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 100:531-7. 2005..021). Most analyzed loci showed genotypic frequencies according to Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium, except for LAP1 and LAP2 in An. intermedius, and EST1 and PGM loci in An. mattogrossensis. The genetic distance between these species (D = 0...
- CCAAT enhancer binding protein-beta regulates matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in interleukin-1beta-stimulated A549 lung carcinoma cellsDavid A Armstrong
Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1517-24. 2009..DNA affinity chromatography studies showed that the LAP1, LAP2, and LIP isoforms of CEBPB bind to the IL-1beta-responsive CEBPB site in the MMP-1 promoter...
- Molecular cloning of soluble aminopeptidases from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sequence analysis of aminopeptidase yscII, a putative zinc-metallopeptidaseN García Alvarez
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Eur J Biochem 202:993-1002. 1991Plasmids capable of complementing lap1, lap2 and lap3 mutations [R.J. Trumbly and G. Bradley (1983) J. Bacteriol...
- Barrier to autointegration factor blocks premature cell fusion and maintains adult muscle integrity in C. elegansAyelet Margalit
Department of Genetics, The Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Cell Biol 178:661-73. 2007..to autointegration factor (BAF) binds double-stranded DNA, selected histones, transcription regulators, lamins, and LAP2-emerin-MAN1 (LEM) domain proteins...
- Spin labeled antioxidants protect bacteria against the toxicity of alkylating antitumor drug CCNUVesselina Gadjeva
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Thracian University, 11 Armeiska Str, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Toxicol Lett 144:289-94. 2003..of oxygen radical-scavenging substances [Vitamin E, stable nitroxyl radical 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine-N-oxyl (TMPO), and spin labeled (nitroxyl free radical moiety containing) analogues of CCNU] and compared with that of the ..
- Design of a new dental adhesive--effect of a water-soluble sodium acylphosphine oxide with crown ether on adhesion to dental hard tissuesKunio Ikemura
Department of Research and Development, Shofu Inc, 11 Kamitakamatsu cho, Fukuine, Higashiyama ku, Kyoto 605 0983, Japan
Dent Mater J 28:267-76. 2009..Sodium 2,4,6-trimethylbenzoyl-phenylphosphine oxide (TMPO-Na = APO-Na) was synthesized in 67.1% yield and identified by 1H NMR...
- TP5 triggers signal transduction involving mitogen activated protein kinases in monocytesS Gonser
Department of Pharmacy, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19:155-66. 1999..Recently however it was shown, that TP represents the N-terminal 49 aa of the human thymopoietin (TMPO) isoforms TMPO alpha, beta and gamma, which are localized in the nucleus...
- Yeast display evolution of a kinetically efficient 13-amino acid substrate for lipoic acid ligaseSujiet Puthenveetil
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:16430-8. 2009..Four rounds of evolution followed by additional rational mutagenesis produced a "LAP2" sequence with a k(cat)/K(m) of 0...
- Ubiquitous expression of a cloned murine thymopoietin cDNAL Theodor
Institute of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Acta Haematol 97:153-63. 1997..that one of the TP isoforms designated TP beta is a homologous protein to the lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2), which is thought to play an important role in the regulation of nuclear architecture by binding lamin B1 and ..
- Proteomic profiling of endothelial cells in human lung cancerHye Jeong Park
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Proteome Res 7:1138-50. 2008..In an additional experiment in which 16 cancer samples were analyzed by immunohistochemistry, PRDX4, thymopoietin (TMPO), and COPG were confirmed to be abundantly expressed in lung cancer-derived ECs and in cancerous lung cells...
- Loss of LAP2 alpha delays satellite cell differentiation and affects postnatal fiber-type determinationIvana Gotic
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Center of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Stem Cells 28:480-8. 2010Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 alpha (LAP2 alpha) is a nucleoplasmic protein implicated in cell cycle regulation through its interaction with A-type lamins and the retinoblastoma protein...
- Placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP) expression is associated with chemosensitivity in human endometrial carcinomaKiyosumi Shibata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 95:307-13. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether P-LAP expression affects the chemosensitivity in endometrial carcinoma patients...
- Roles of LAP2 proteins in nuclear assembly and DNA replication: truncated LAP2beta proteins alter lamina assembly, envelope formation, nuclear size, and DNA replication efficiency in Xenopus laevis extractsT M Gant
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 144:1083-96. 1999Humans express three major splicing isoforms of LAP2, a lamin- and chromatin-binding nuclear protein. LAP2beta and gamma are integral membrane proteins, whereas alpha is intranuclear...
- Identification of QTLs influencing alcohol preference in the High Alcohol Preferring (HAP) and Low Alcohol Preferring (LAP) mouse linesPaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Behav Genet 36:248-60. 2006The High- and Low-Alcohol Preferring (HAP1/LAP1 and HAP2/LAP2) mouse lines were developed by selective breeding for differences in alcohol preference...
- Deep RNA sequencing reveals novel cardiac transcriptomic signatures for physiological and pathological hypertrophyHong Ki Song
School of Life Sciences and Systems Biology Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e35552. 2012..The splicing variants of 8 genes (i.e., Fhl1, Rcan1, Ndrg2, Synpo, Ttll1, Cxxc5, Egfl7, and Tmpo) were experimentally confirmed...
- Laparoscopy compared with laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group Study LAP2Joan L Walker
University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5331-6. 2009..The objective was to compare laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer...
- High iFGF23 level despite hypophosphatemia is one of the clinical indicators to make diagnosis of XLHJunko Miyamoto Igaki
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Tokyo Metropolitan Children s Hospital, Japan
Endocr J 58:647-55. 2011..bone deformity, The ratio of maximum rate of renal tubular reabsorption of phosphate to glomerular filtration rate (TmPO(4)/GFR), inorganic phosphate (IP), Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP), therapeutic dose) were investigated...
- Isolation and characterization of the complete mouse emerin geneK Small
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Room 4035 Rollins Research Center, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Mamm Genome 8:337-41. 1997..gene has recently been identified and found to encode a serine-rich protein similar to lamina-associated protein 2 (LAP2), although the disease mechanism remains obscure...
- Renal safety of tenofovir in HIV-infected children: a prospective, 96-week longitudinal studyA Vigano
Clinic of Paediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Drug Investig 27:573-81. 2007..The aims of this study were to assess renal safety and GFR changes as estimated by the Schwartz and Cockcroft-Gault equations in HIV-infected children treated with tenofovir for 96 weeks...
- Evolvement of LEM proteins as chromatin tethers at the nuclear peripheryAndreas Brachner
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohr Gasse 9, Vienna, Austria
Biochem Soc Trans 39:1735-41. 2011..The inner nuclear membrane contains over 60 transmembrane proteins. LEM [LAP2 (lamina-associated polypeptide 2)/emerin/MAN1] domain-containing proteins of the inner nuclear membrane are ..
- Nucleoplasmic LAP2alpha-lamin A complexes are required to maintain a proliferative state in human fibroblastsVanja Pekovic
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, England, UK
J Cell Biol 176:163-72. 2007..Our results suggest that LAP2alpha and lamin A/C are involved in controlling Rb localization and phosphorylation, and a lack or mislocalization of either protein leads to cell cycle arrest in HDFs...
- FGF-23 Levels before and after Renal TransplantationDomniki Economidou
University Department of Nephrology, Hippokration General Hospital, 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Transplant 2009:379082. 2009..Renal threshold phosphate concentration (TmPO(4)/GFR) was also calculated at 3, 6, and 12 months posttransplantation...
- [Karyoskeletal and nuclear envelope proteins in cell cycle progression--known proteins in new functions]Magda Dubińska-Magiera
Pracownia Białek Jadrowych, Wydział Biotechnologii, Uniwersytet Wrocławski, Wrocław
Postepy Biochem 56:362-72. 2010..Nuclear envelope, which is composed of integral membrane proteins of the INM (LAP1, LAP2, emerin, MAN1, LBR), has many functions including: connection of nucleoskeleton with cytoskeleton, nuclear lamina ..
- mRNA retrotransposition coupled with 5' inversion as a possible source of new genesKenji K Kojima
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 26:1405-20. 2009..We identified several potential 5'-inverted retrogenes, including those of thymopoietin beta (TMPO) and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit 5 (EIF3F)...
- Measurement and characterization of singlet oxygen production in copper ion-catalyzed aerobic oxidation of ascorbic acidBo Song
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, PR China
Talanta 72:231-6. 2007..of (1)O(2) with 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidinol (TMP-OH), the corresponding free radical of TMP-OH oxide (TMPO) was detected by electron spin resonance (ESR) spectroscopy...
- C/EBPbeta-mediated transcriptional regulation of bcl-xl gene expression in human breast epithelial cells in response to cigarette smoke condensateS K Connors
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and UF Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Oncogene 28:921-32. 2009..Additionally, overexpression of C/EBPbeta-LAP2 stimulated pBcl-xLP activity and Bcl-xL protein levels, which mimicked the conditions of CSC treatment...
- Nuclear alpha1-adrenergic receptors signal activated ERK localization to caveolae in adult cardiac myocytesCasey D Wright
Cardiovascular Research Center, Sanford Research USD, Sioux Falls, SD 57105, USA
Circ Res 103:992-1000. 2008..Similar to endogenous alpha1-ARs and alpha1A- and alpha1B-GFP colocalized with LAP2 at the nuclear membrane. alpha1-AR nuclear localization was confirmed in vivo using alpha1-AR-GFP transgenic mice...
- The inner nuclear membrane protein Src1 associates with subtelomeric genes and alters their regulated gene expressionStefanie E Grund
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 182:897-910. 2008Inner nuclear membrane proteins containing a LEM (LAP2, emerin, and MAN1) domain participate in different processes, including chromatin organization, gene expression, and nuclear envelope biogenesis...
- Tissue-specific defects are caused by loss of the Drosophila MAN1 LEM domain proteinBelinda S Pinto
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Genetics 180:133-45. 2008..One family of lamina proteins is defined by an approximately 40-aa LAP2, Emerin, and MAN1 (LEM) domain (LEM-D) that binds the nonspecific DNA-binding protein, barrier-to-autointegration ..
- New insights into Keggin-type 12-tungstophosphoric acid from 31P MAS NMR analysis of absorbed trimethylphosphine oxide and DFT calculationsShing Jong Huang
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Chem Asian J 6:137-48. 2011..HPW) have been studied by solid-state (31)P magic-angle spinning NMR of absorbed trimethylphosphine oxide (TMPO) in conjunction with DFT calculations...
- Ethanol consumption in mice: relationships with circadian period and entrainmentJennifer L Trujillo
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0109, USA
Alcohol 45:147-59. 2011..Male inbred C57Bl/6J mice and replicate 2 male and female HAP2 and LAP2 mice were entrained to light:dark cycles of 26 or 22 h or remained in a standard 24 h cycle...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha loss impairs heart function and stress response in miceIvana Gotic
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 3, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 106:346-53. 2010..Because mutations in lamins and LAP2alpha lead to cardiac disorders in humans, we hypothesized that these factors may play important roles in heart development and adult tissue homeostasis...
- Proteome-wide identification of WRN-interacting proteins in untreated and nuclease-treated samplesSophie Lachapelle
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, Hôpital Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Québec City, Québec, G1R 2J6, Canada
J Proteome Res 10:1216-27. 2011..Among the top 15 hits, we find the new interactors TMPO, HNRNPU, RPS3, RALY, RPS9 DDX21, and HNRNPM...
- CCAAT-enhancer-binding protein beta activation of MMP-1 gene expression in SW1353 cells: independent roles of extracellular signal-regulated and p90/ribosomal S6 kinasesBrenda L Petrella
Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
J Cell Physiol 226:3349-54. 2011..Exogenous expression of the CEBPB isoforms LAP1 or LAP2 was sufficient to induce MMP-1 mRNA levels comparable to IL-1B-induced expression, while the truncated LIP isoform ..
- LAP2zeta binds BAF and suppresses LAP2beta-mediated transcriptional repressionSigal Shaklai
Sheba Cancer Research Center and the Institute of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621, Israel
Eur J Cell Biol 87:267-78. 2008..We now show that LAP2zeta, the smallest LAP2 family member, is also involved in regulation of transcription...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2-alpha forms homo-trimers via its C terminus, and oligomerization is unaffected by a disease-causing mutationLuc Snyers
Center for Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medical University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 282:6308-15. 2007..Finally, we show that, in contrast to the LAP2alpha-lamin A interaction, its self-association is not affected by a disease-linked single point mutation in the LAP2alpha C terminus...
- Structural basis of DNA bridging by barrier-to-autointegration factorT C Umland
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochemistry 39:9130-8. 2000..BAF also binds to the nuclear protein lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2), and is localized with chromatin during interphase and mitosis...
- Nuclear assemblyT M Gant
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13:669-95. 1997..There are four identified proteins localized to the inner nuclear membrane: the lamina-associated proteins LAP1 and LAP2, emerin, and the lamin B receptor (LBR)...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) expression in fish and amphibiansEugenia M Del-Pino
Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Ecuador, Quito
Int J Dev Biol 46:227-34. 2002..fish and 33 amphibian species were examined by SDS-PAGE followed by immunoblotting to determine the expression of LAP2 (lamina-associated polypeptide 2)...
- Distinct functional domains in emerin bind lamin A and DNA-bridging protein BAFK K Lee
Department of Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Cell Sci 114:4567-73. 2001..The demonstration that emerin binds directly to BAF, coupled to similar results for LAP2, provides proof in principle that all LEM-domain nuclear proteins can interact with BAF, with interesting ..
- Nuclear envelope and chromatin compositional differences comparing undifferentiated and retinoic acid- and phorbol ester-treated HL-60 cellsA L Olins
Foundation for Blood Research, P O Box 190, 69 U S Route One, Scarborough, Maine 04070 0190, USA
Exp Cell Res 268:115-27. 2001..demonstrated that following RA treatment: lamins A/C and B1, and vimentin decreased to negligible amounts; LAP2 beta, lamin B2 and emerin remained essentially unchanged; lamin B receptor (LBR) increased markedly; histone ..
- Barrier-to-autointegration factor (BAF) bridges DNA in a discrete, higher-order nucleoprotein complexR Zheng
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes, and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:8997-9002. 2000..The dual interaction of BAF with DNA and LAP2, a protein associated with the nuclear lamina, suggests a role for LAP2 in chromosome organization...
- MAN1, an inner nuclear membrane protein that shares the LEM domain with lamina-associated polypeptide 2 and emerinF Lin
Departments of Medicine and of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 275:4840-7. 2000..The LEM module is also present in two proteins of Caenorhabditis elegans. These results show that MAN1 is an integral protein of the inner nuclear membrane that shares the LEM module with other proteins of this subcellular localization...
- The nuclear lamina: molecular organization and interaction with chromatinM Goldberg
Department of Genetics, The Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 9:285-93. 1999..These include interactions between nuclear lamins and core histones, Lamina Associated Polypeptide 2 (LAP2), and the Barrier to Autointegration Factor (BAF) and interactions between lamin B receptor (..
- Characterization of the chromatin binding activity of lamina-associated polypeptide (LAP) 2K Furukawa
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 238:240-6. 1997Previous studies have shown that the first and the second halves of the LAP2 N-terminal nucleoplasmic domain function independently in targeting LAP2 to the nuclear envelope, and that the second half is involved in association with the ..
- Lamin-binding fragment of LAP2 inhibits increase in nuclear volume during the cell cycle and progression into S phaseL Yang
Departments of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 139:1077-87. 1997Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) is an integral membrane protein of the inner nuclear membrane that binds to both lamin B and chromatin and has a putative role in nuclear envelope (NE) organization...
- Caspase-dependent proteolysis of integral and peripheral proteins of nuclear membranes and nuclear pore complex proteins during apoptosisB Buendia
Département de Biologie Supramoléculaire et Cellulaire, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Universite Paris 7, Tour 43, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Sci 112:1743-53. 1999..of the three domains of the nuclear envelope, namely lamin B (LB) for the lamina, transmembrane proteins LBR and LAP2 for the inner nuclear membrane, and nucleoporins p62, Nup153 and gp210 for the nuclear pore complexes (NPCs), we ..
- Molecular characterization and developmentally regulated expression of Xenopus lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (XLAP2)C Lang
Division of Electron Microscopy, and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 112:749-59. 1999..By cDNA cloning we have characterized XLAP2, a Xenopus homologue of the mammalian LAP2beta. Using LAP2-specific antibodies, the Mr 68,000 XLAP2 was found to be the only member of the LAP2/TP family expressed in somatic ..
- Mouse germ cell-less as an essential component for nuclear integrityTohru Kimura
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 23:1304-15. 2003..gene is expressed ubiquitously, and its gene product is localized to the nuclear envelope based on its binding to LAP2 beta (lamina-associated polypeptide 2 beta)...
- Calcium- and cell cycle-dependent association of annexin 11 with the nuclear envelopeAlejandra Tomas
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:20210-6. 2003....
- Renal function and tubular phosphate handling in long-term cyclosporine- and tacrolimus-based immunosuppression in kidney transplantationK Falkiewicz
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroclaw Medical University, ul Traugutta 57 59, 50 417 Wroclaw, Poland
Transplant Proc 38:119-22. 2006..phosphate reabsorption (TRP; mmol/L), and tubular maximum phosphate reabsorption per glomerular filtration rate (TmPO(4)/GFR; mmol/L)-were assessed at 1, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months (groups A and C) or 24, 30, 36, 42, and 48 months (..
- Binding of barrier to autointegration factor (BAF) to histone H3 and selected linker histones including H1.1Rocio Montes De Oca
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:42252-62. 2005..BAF binds directly to LEM domain nuclear proteins (e.g. LAP2, Emerin, and MAN1), lamin A, homeodomain transcription factors, and human immunodeficiency virus type 1-encoded ..
- Dynamic interaction between BAF and emerin revealed by FRAP, FLIP, and FRET analyses in living HeLa cellsTakeshi Shimi
CREST of JST, Kansai Advanced Research Center, CRL, Kobe 651 2492, Japan
J Struct Biol 147:31-41. 2004..BAF interacts with LEM-domain proteins including emerin, LAP2 beta, and MAN1 in the inner nuclear membrane...
- Immunoassay for bovine serum thymopoietin: discrimination from splenin by monoclonal antibodiesA Fuccello
Arch Biochem Biophys 228:292-8. 1984..Similar approaches are being pursued to develop an immunoassay for thymopoietin in human serum...
- In vitro modulation of the interaction between HA95 and LAP2beta by cAMP signalingSandra B Martins
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oslo, P O Box 1112 Blindern, 0317 Oslo, Norway
Biochemistry 42:10456-61. 2003..This suggests an additional level of regulation of a chromatin-nuclear envelope interaction in dividing cells...
- Expression of the CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins C/EBPalpha, C/EBPbeta and C/EBPdelta in breast cancer: correlations with clinicopathologic parameters and cell-cycle regulatory proteinsKarin Milde-Langosch
Institute of Pathology, Department of Gynecopathology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Hamburg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:175-85. 2003..Expression levels of both C/EBPalpha isoforms, C/EBPbeta isoforms LAP1, LAP2 (liver-enriched transcriptional activating proteins), and LIP (liver-enriched transcriptional inhibitory protein), ..
- Structural characterization of the LEM motif common to three human inner nuclear membrane proteinsC Laguri
Departement d Ingenierie et d Etudes des Proteines, CEA Saclay, 91191, Gif sur Yvette, France
Structure 9:503-11. 2001..In particular, all LAP2 isoforms share an N-terminal segment composed of such a LEM domain that is connected to a highly divergent LEM-like ..
- Profile and clinical significance of anti-nuclear envelope antibodies found in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis: a multicenter studyKiyomitsu Miyachi
First Diagnostic Division, Health Sciences Research Institute Inc, 106 Godo cho Hodogaya ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 240 0005, Japan
J Autoimmun 20:247-54. 2003..Test sera were obtained from 175 patients with PBC and from 120 controls. Anti-gp210, anti-lamina associated polypeptide 2, anti-lamin B receptor, and anti-p62 complex antibodies were detected with a frequency of 26% (46 of ..
- Effects of expressing lamin A mutant protein causing Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy and familial partial lipodystrophy in HeLa cellsKim Bechert
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Exp Cell Res 286:75-86. 2003..Lamins C, B1 and B2, Nup153, LAP2, and emerin were recruited into aggregates, resulting in a decrease of these proteins at the nuclear rim...
- TPX2 is required for postmitotic nuclear assembly in cell-free Xenopus laevis egg extractsLori L O'Brien
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Cell Biol 173:685-94. 2006..We show that TPX2 interacts with lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2), a protein known to be required for nuclear assembly in interphase extracts and in vitro...
- REGULATION OF NUCLEAR ENVELOPE ASSEMBLY AND DISASSEMBLYKatherine Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..BAF binds a family of nuclear membrane proteins that includes LAP2[5 and emerin...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Encoded by an intronless gene, C/EBPB is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2 and LIP) whose expression is tightly regulated by the differential use of a number of in-frame translation start ..
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..alcohol drinking behavior in mouse lines that have been selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA ANN CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..alcohol drinking behavior in mouse lines that have been selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTION OF THE NUCLEAR LAMINALarry Gerace; Fiscal Year: 1999..analysis in mammalian cells of two lamin-binding integral membrane protein of the inner nuclear membrane, LAP1 and lAP2. These are good candidates for proteins involved in attachment and assembly of lamins at the inner nuclear membrane...
- Roles of BAF-Like in the nucleusMiriam Segura Totten; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, we will study the interactions of BAF-L with BAF, LAP2 and MLL3 in vitro and in vivo...
- Rodents with genetic differences in alcohol preferenceLawrence Lumeng; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) To produce and export to off-campus researchers selectively bred or inbred P/NP, HAD1/LAD1 and HAD2/LAD2 rats. And (3) to produce and export to external institutions selectively bred HAP1/LAP1 and HAP2/LAP2 mice.
- Measuring the Aversive Effects of Alcohol WithdrawalJULIA CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Studies using this place conditioning technique are likely to provide important information that will lead to the development of novel behavioral and pharmacological treatments for alcoholism. ..
- Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy:Genetic CharacterizationMatthew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, a diverse collection of consultants has been assembled to provide ongoing expertise that is sensitive to the needs of both the research and career development plans of the candidate. ..
- Identification of Genes for Alcohol Preference in Noninbred Rats and MicePaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..