Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TMEM43
Description: transmembrane protein 43
Alias: ARVC5, ARVD5, EDMD7, LUMA
- Molecular genetics and pathogenesis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy: a disease of cardiac stem cellsRaffaella Lombardi
Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Epsicopal Hospital, 6770 Bertner Street, Suite C900A, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:360-5. 2011..Mutations in TMEM43 and TGFB3, encoding transmembrane protein 43 and transforming growth factor β3, respectively, also have been ..
- Mutation analysis and evaluation of the cardiac localization of TMEM43 in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyA H Christensen
Department of Cardiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Clin Genet 80:256-64. 2011A single report has associated mutations in TMEM43 (LUMA) with a distinctive form of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC)...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy type 5 is a fully penetrant, lethal arrhythmic disorder caused by a missense mutation in the TMEM43 geneNancy D Merner
Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University, St John s, Newfoundland and Labrador A1B 3V6, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 82:809-21. 2008..Bidirectional resequencing showed one rare variant in transmembrane protein 43 (TMEM43 1073C-->T, S358L), was carried on all recombinant ARVD5 ancestral haplotypes from affected subjects and not ..
- LUMA interacts with emerin and influences its distribution at the inner nuclear membraneLuiza Bengtsson
Freie Universitat Berlin, Institut fur Chemie und Biochemie, Thielallee 63, Berlin, Germany
J Cell Sci 121:536-48. 2008We present here a first characterization of LUMA, an unique integral inner nuclear membrane (INM) protein...
- Localization of a gene responsible for arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia to chromosome 3p23F Ahmad
Section of Cardiology, the Graduate Program in Cardiovascular Sciences, The DeBakey Heart Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 98:2791-5. 1998..Clinical manifestations include structural and functional abnormalities of the right ventricle and arrhythmias, leading to a sudden death rate of 2.5% per year. Four loci have been mapped, but no gene has been identified as yet...
- Global DNA methylation levels in white blood cell DNA from sisters discordant for breast cancer from the New York site of the Breast Cancer Family RegistryLissette Delgado-Cruzata
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Epigenetics 7:868-74. 2012..DNA by two different methods, the [ ( 3) H]-methyl acceptance assay and the luminometric methylation assay (LUMA)...
- Genetic and non-genetic influences during pregnancy on infant global and site specific DNA methylation: role for folate gene variants and vitamin B12Jill A McKay
Institute for Ageing and Health, Human Nutrition Research Centre, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e33290. 2012..Global (LUMA) and gene specific (IGF2, ZNT5, IGFBP3) DNA methylation were quantified in 430 infants by Pyrosequencing®...
- Functional effects of the TMEM43 Ser358Leu mutation in the pathogenesis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyRevathi Rajkumar
UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
BMC Med Genet 13:21. 2012The Ser358Leu mutation in TMEM43, encoding an inner nuclear membrane protein, has been implicated in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC). The pathogenetic mechanisms of this mutation are poorly understood.
- Mutations with pathogenic potential in proteins located in or at the composite junctions of the intercalated disk connecting mammalian cardiomyocytes: a reference thesaurus for arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies and for Naxos and Carvajal diseasesSteffen Rickelt
Helmholtz Group for Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 348:325-33. 2012..PG, JUP), plakophilin-2 (Pkp2, PKP2) and some non-desmosomal proteins such as transmembrane protein 43 (TMEM43), ryanodine receptor 2 (RYR2), desmin, lamins A and C, striatin, titin and transforming growth factor-β3 (TGFβ3),..
- DNA methylation in peripheral blood measured by LUMA is associated with breast cancer in a population-based studyXinran Xu
Research Center for Translational Medicine, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
FASEB J 26:2657-66. 2012..We used 2 independent assays, luminometric methylation assay (LUMA) and long interspersed elements-1 (LINE-1) to measure "global methylation content" in peripheral blood DNA from a ..
- Molecular autopsy in young sudden cardiac death victims with suspected cardiomyopathyM K Larsen
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Aarhus University, Aarhus N, Denmark
Forensic Sci Int 219:33-8. 2012..A total of 9 of the examined 41 cases had a rare sequence variant in the MYBPC3, MYH7, LMNA, PKP2 or TMEM43 genes, of which 4 cases (9.8%) were presumed to be pathogenic mutations...
- Permanent genetic resources added to Molecular Ecology Resources Database 1 August 2011-30 September 2011S W A'Hara
Forest Research, Northern Research Station, Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland EH25 9SY, UK
Mol Ecol Resour 12:185-9. 2012..globulus, Garra litaninsis vishwanath, Garra para lissorhynchus, Guindilla trinervis, Hemigrapsus sanguineus, Luma chequen...
- DNA isolation method is a source of global DNA methylation variability measured with LUMA. Experimental analysis and a systematic reviewCarolina Soriano-Tárraga
Neurovascular Research Group Neurology Department Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e60750. 2013..We quantified Global DNA Methylation (GDM) by luminometric methylation assay (LUMA), comparing the results from 3 different DNA isolation methods...
- The natural history of a genetic subtype of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy caused by a p.S358L mutation in TMEM43K A Hodgkinson
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Memorial University, Health Sciences Centre, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
Clin Genet 83:321-31. 2013..S358L mutation in TMEM43. The age of onset of cardiac symptoms, clinical events and test abnormalities were studied in 412 subjects (258 ..
- Short distance intra coding scheme for high efficiency video codingXiaoran Cao
Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua National Laboratory for Information Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 22:790-801. 2013..This approach is applied in both luma and chroma components. When integrated into the HEVC reference software, it shows up to a 12...
- Recurrent missense mutations in TMEM43 (ARVD5) due to founder effects cause arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathies in the UK and CanadaAnnika F M Haywood
Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University, St John s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada A1B 3V6
Eur Heart J 34:1002-11. 2013..The most recent gene identified, TMEM43, causes disease due to a missense mutation in a non-desmosomal gene (p...
- Methylome analysis and epigenetic changes associated with menarcheal ageChristiana A Demetriou
Department of Electron Microscopy and Molecular Pathology, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e79391. 2013..of 376 healthy women from the prospective EPIC study was investigated using LUminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA)...
- Influence of DNMT genotype on global and site specific DNA methylation patterns in neonates and pregnant womenCatherine Potter
Human Nutrition Research Centre, Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e76506. 2013..Global and gene specific (IGF2, IGFBP3, ZNT5) DNA methylation was quantified by LUMA and bisulfite Pyrosequencing assays, respectively, in neonatal cord blood and in maternal peripheral blood...
- Scope and nature of young sudden cardiac death in newfoundland & labradorGina Hamilton
J Epidemiol Community Health 67:e2. 2013..In 2008, we identified a significant genetic defect (TMEM43; P358L) in patients and extended relatives from 22 unrelated families with Newfoundland ancestry...
- Dietary alleviation of maternal obesity and diabetes: increased resistance to diet-induced obesity transcriptional and epigenetic signaturesLinda Attig
INRA, UMR1198 Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 8:e66816. 2013..Both global DNA methylation and levels of pertinent histone marks were assessed by LUMA and western blotting, and the expression of 15 relevant genes encoding chromatin-modifying enzymes was analyzed in ..
- TMEM43 mutations associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in non-Newfoundland populationsBerivan Baskin
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Hum Genet 132:1245-52. 2013..A missense mutation, c.1073C>T (p.S358L) in the transmembrane protein 43 (TMEM43) gene, has been genetically identified to cause ARVC type 5 in a founder population from Newfoundland...
- DCT/DST-based transform coding for intra prediction in image/video codingAnkur Saxena
Samsung Telecommunications America, Richardson, TX 75082, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 22:3974-81. 2013..complexity, which remove the mode-dependency between DCT and DST, and simply always use DST for the 4 × 4 intra luma blocks, were adopted in the HEVC standard in July 2012...
- Luma-chroma space filter design for subpixel-based monochrome image downsamplingLu Fang
Department of Electronic Engineering andInformation Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 22:3818-29. 2013..With the frequency domain analysis of subpixel-based downsampling, we discover special characteristics of the luma-chroma color transform choice for monochrome images...
- KSHV ORF67 encoded lytic protein localizes on the nuclear membrane and alters emerin distributionAntonella Farina
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Italy
Virus Res 175:143-50. 2013..in delocalization and hyperphosphorylation of emerin, whereas other nuclear lamin associated proteins, such as LUMA, LB1 and LBR were not affected...
- Antioxidant capacity, polyphenolic content and tandem HPLC-DAD-ESI/MS profiling of phenolic compounds from the South American berries Luma apiculata and L. chequénMario J Simirgiotis
Laboratorio de Productos Naturales, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias Basicas, Universidad de Antofagasta, Casilla 170, Antofagasta, Chile
Food Chem 139:289-99. 2013..At present, there is still some regional consume of the small berries from trees belonging to genus Luma that occurs in southern Chile and Argentina...
- Noise reduction based on partial-reference, dual-tree complex wavelet transform shrinkageMassimo Fierro
School of Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
IEEE Trans Image Process 22:1859-72. 2013..of the higher sensitivity of the human visual system to changes in brightness, the analysis can be limited to the luma channel of both the non-enhanced and enhanced image...
- LUMA (LUminometric Methylation Assay)--a high throughput method to the analysis of genomic DNA methylationMohsen Karimi
Departments of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 312:1989-95. 2006..we report a novel method to estimate genome-wide DNA methylation, referred to as LUminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA)...
- The impact of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy on survival in autosomal-dominant arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVD5)Kathy A Hodgkinson
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Memorial University Health Sciences Centre, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:400-8. 2005..We sought to determine the impact of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) therapy in patients with familial arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC)...
- Using LUMA: a Luminometric-based assay for global DNA-methylationMohsen Karimi
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Epigenetics 1:45-8. 2006..The method is called LUminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA), and is based on a polymerase extension assay using the Pyrosequencing platform...
- Gene-specific and global methylation patterns predict outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaS Deneberg
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Leukemia 24:932-41. 2010..and hypermethylated in cancer 1 (HIC1) promoters and global DNA methylation by luminometric methylation assay (LUMA) was analyzed in 107 AML patients and cytogenetic and molecular mutational analysis was performed...
- Cost-effectiveness of a fixed combination of hydroquinone/tretinoin/fluocinolone cream compared with hydroquinone alone in the treatment of melasmaTania Cestari
University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Drugs Dermatol 6:153-60. 2007A once-daily fixed combination of hydroquinone, tretinoin, and fluocinolone acetonide (Tri-luma) is a newly available treatment for melasma.
- Increased detection of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia utilizing an optical detection system as an adjunct to colposcopyRonald D Alvarez
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Gynecol Oncol 106:23-8. 2007..To evaluate the impact of using a novel optical detection system (ODS) as an adjunct to colposcopy...
- Hydroquinone 4%, tretinoin 0.05%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%: a safe and efficacious 12-month treatment for melasmaHelen Mary Torok
HMT Dermatology Associates, Inc, Medina, Ohio, USA
Cutis 75:57-62. 2005..01%, hydroquinone 4%, tretinoin 0.05% (Tri-Luma Cream, hereinafter called TC [triple combination]) application in the treatment of melasma...
- [Methylation status of LINE-1 sequences in patients with MDS or secondary AML]D Römermann
Institut fur Pathologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol 91:338-42. 2007..This study analyzes changes in the degree of global methylationlevel in myelodysplastic syndrome during progression of the disease...
- [Update: catheter-based balloon dilatation of the sinuses without fluoroscopy. Dilation technique with an illumination system]D Brehmer
HNO Gemeinschaftspraxis, Friedrichstr 3 4, 37073 Gottingen
HNO 56:817-21. 2008..A main criticism of this procedure questions the necessity of fluoroscopy with the C-arm since its use exposes patients and medical personnel to radiation and the C-arm is not available in every ENT operating room...
- LUMA cervical imaging systemJames E Kendrick
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Birmingham, AL 35249 7333, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 4:121-9. 2007..The addition of the LUMA (MediSpectra, Inc...
- A comprehensive review of the long-term and short-term treatment of melasma with a triple combination creamHelen M Torok
Trillium Creek Dermatology Center, Medina, Ohio 44526, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 7:223-30. 2006..05% tretinoin, 4.0% hydroquinone, and 0.01% fluocinolone acetonide (Tri-Luma) represents the only commercially available combination of all three agents...
- The molecular portraits of breast tumors are conserved across microarray platformsZhiyuan Hu
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
BMC Genomics 7:96. 2006..To overcome this problem we used publicly available breast cancer gene expression data sets and a novel approach to data fusion, in order to validate a new breast tumor intrinsic list...
- Mercury-associated DNA hypomethylation in polar bear brains via the LUminometric Methylation Assay: a sensitive method to study epigenetics in wildlifeJ Richard Pilsner
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Ecol 19:307-14. 2010..The LUminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA) is permissive for genomic DNA methylation studies of any genome as it relies on the use of methyl-sensitive and -..
- SCN5A mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathy, conduction disorder, and arrhythmiaWilliam P McNair
University of Colorado Cardiovascular Institute, Denver, Colo, USA
Circulation 110:2163-7. 2004..This region also contains a locus for right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVD5) and the cardiac sodium channel gene (SCN5A), mutations that cause isolated progressive cardiac conduction defect (..
- Gateways to clinical trialsM Bayes
Prous Science, S A, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:211-44. 2004..synthadotin; Tadalafil, tesmilifene hydrochloride, theratope, tipifarnib, tirapazamine, topixantrone hydrochloride, trabectedin, traxoprodil, Tri-Luma; Valdecoxib, valganciclovir hydrochloride, vinflunine; Ximelagatran; Ziconotide.
- Nuclear envelope proteomics: novel integral membrane proteins of the inner nuclear membraneM Dreger
Institute for Chemistry Biochemistry, Free University Berlin, Thielallee 63, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11943-8. 2001..a 100-kDa protein with similarity to Caenorhabditis elegans Unc-84A and an unrelated 45-kDa protein we named LUMA, reside in the inner nuclear membrane and likely interact with the nuclear lamina...
- Flavonoids and terpenoids from Luma gayana (Barn.) BurretG A Wächter
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Z Naturforsch C 54:1140-2. 1999..monoterpenoid 1 alpha,2 beta,4 beta-trihydroxy-p-menthane, the sesquiterpenoid clovandiol and beta-sitosterol were isolated from the aerial parts of Luma gayana (Barn.) Burret. This is the first report on the chemistry of this species.
- The locus of a novel gene responsible for arrhythmogenic right-ventricular dysplasia characterized by early onset and high penetrance maps to chromosome 10p12-p14D Li
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:148-56. 2000..Chromosomal localization of the ARVD gene is the first step in identification of the genetic defect and the unraveling of the molecular basis responsible for the pathogenesis of the disease...
- Gene-specific promoter hypermethylation without global hypomethylation in follicular thyroid cancerJia Jing Lee
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, CMM L8 01, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Oncol 33:861-9. 2008..bisulphite Pyrosequencing of Long Interspersed Nucleotide Elements-1 (LINE-1) and LUminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA) were used to quantify genome-wide methylation in 21 FTC and corresponding normal thyroid tissues...
- Shadow attenuation with high dynamic range images. Creating RGB images that allow feature classification in areas otherwise obscured by shadow or oversaturationSamuel E Cox
Agricultural Science Technician and Rangeland Scientist, USDA Agricultural Research Service, High Plains Grasslands Research Station, 8408 Hildreth Rd, Cheyenne, WY 82009, USA
Environ Monit Assess 158:231-41. 2009..numbers of pure black, pure white, and pixels visually indistinguishable from black and white; reapportioned skewed luma values towards a normal distribution; and increased the Euclidean distance between litter and bare ground RGB ..
- Translation of research discoveries to clinical care in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in Newfoundland and Labrador: lessons for health policy in genetic diseaseKathy Hodgkinson
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Memorial University, Newfoundland, Canada
Genet Med 11:859-65. 2009..dominant cause of sudden cardiac death in young people, is prevalent in Newfoundland and Labrador (genetic subtype ARVD5). In the absence of implantable cardioverter defibrillator treatment, death rates are extremely high...
- Correction of clipped pixels in color imagesDi Xu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 17:333-44. 2011Conventional images store a very limited dynamic range of brightness. The true luma in the bright area of such images is often lost due to clipping. When clipping changes the R, G, B color ratios of a pixel, color distortion also occurs...
- Clinical assessment incorporating a personal genomeEuan A Ashley
Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Lancet 375:1525-35. 2010..The cost of genomic information has fallen steeply, but the clinical translation of genetic risk estimates remains unclear. We aimed to undertake an integrated analysis of a complete human genome in a clinical context...
- Clinical efficacy of a bleaching system based on hydrogen peroxide with or without light activationJesús Oteo Calatayud
Departamento de Estomatología II, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Eur J Esthet Dent 5:216-24. 2010..The bleaching agent was QuickWhite 35% hydrogen peroxide and activation was conducted with a diode lamp (Luma Cool). The Classic Vita Guide was used to score tooth shades...
- Global methylation profiles in DNA from different blood cell typesHui Chen Wu
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Epigenetics 6:76-85. 2011..DNA methylation for three repetitive elements (LINE1, Sat2, Alu) by MethyLight, luminometric methylation assay (LUMA), and [(3)H]-methyl acceptance assay...
- Role of genetic testing in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasiaC Barahona-Dussault
Institut de Cardiologie de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Genet 77:37-48. 2010....
- Least-squares luma-chroma demultiplexing algorithm for Bayer demosaickingBrian Leung
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
IEEE Trans Image Process 20:1885-94. 2011..A luma-chroma demultiplexing algorithm is presented in detail, using a least-squares design methodology for the required ..
- Antral lavage using the Luma transilluminaton wire and vortex irrigator--a safe and effective advance in treating pediatric sinusitisJacob W Zeiders
South Coast Ear, Nose and Throat, Florida State University College of Medicine, Fort Pierce Regional Campus, 1801 SE Hillmoor Dr Ste B105, Port St Lucie, FL 34952, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:461-3. 2011..We present an "over the wire" technique using new technology that can improve accuracy and reliability when performing antral lavage...
- TMEM43 mutations in Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy-related myopathyWen Chen Liang
Department of Neuromuscular Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Neurol 69:1005-13. 2011..We therefore analyzed TMEM43, which encodes LUMA, a newly identified nuclear membrane protein and also a binding partner of emerin and lamins, ..
- Randomized phase II neoadjuvant comparison between letrozole, anastrozole, and exemestane for postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-rich stage 2 to 3 breast cancer: clinical and biomarker outcomes and predictive value of the baseline PAM50-based intMatthew J Ellis
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University in St Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2342-9. 2011..To study this treatment option, responses to three AIs were compared in a randomized phase II neoadjuvant trial designed to select agents for phase III investigations...
- Global DNA methylation analysis using the Luminometric Methylation AssayMohsen Karimi
Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Methods Mol Biol 791:135-44. 2011..Luminometric Methylation Assay (LUMA) enables researchers to study global methylation by using methylation-sensitive restriction enzymes followed by ..
- Evidence for non-CpG methylation in mammalsJie Yan
Section of Integrative Physiology, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 317:2555-61. 2011..Here, we adapted a LuminoMetric-based Assay (LUMA) to determine global non-CpG methylation levels in rodent and human tissues...
- Mapuche herbal medicine inhibits blood platelet aggregationSusan Skanderup Falkenberg
Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, VKR Research Centre Pro Active Plants, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 1871 Copenhagen, Denmark
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:647620. 2012..These four species in respective extracts (in brackets) were Blechnum chilense (MeOH), Luma apiculata (H(2)O), Amomyrtus luma (DCM : MeOH 1 : 1) and Cestrum parqui (DCM : MeOH 1 : 1)...
- Novel mutations in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy from Indian populationPranathi Rao Pamuru
Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Indian J Hum Genet 17:70-6. 2011..in desmosomal proteins although three other nondesmosomal genes (cardiac ryanodine receptor-2, TGF-β3, and TMEM43) have also been implicated in ARVC...
- The LINC complex and human diseasePeter Meinke
Institute of Human Genetics, Fleischmannstrasse 42 44, D 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 39:1693-7. 2011..Recently, screening of binding partners of LINC components as candidates identified LUMA (TMEM43), encoding a binding partner of emerin and lamins, as a gene involved in atypical EDMD...
- Hyperpigmentation: old problem, new therapiesSyril Keena Que
New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 8:879-82. 2009..The authors review new treatment data for fractional thermolysis,Tri-Luma, azelaic acid and chemical peels...
- [Neopsylla musseri n. sp. (Siphonaptera-Ctenophthalmidiae), a new flea from central Sulawesi (Indonesia)]J C Beaucournu
Laboratoire de Parasitologie and Zoologie appliquée, Faculte de Medecine, Rennes, France
Parasite 6:163-7. 1999..It represents a newly recorded genus and family of fleas for Sulawesi. Morphologically, the closest taxon to N. musseri n. sp. is N. sondaica Jordan, 1931 from Java; it is not closely related to N. luma Traub, 1954 from Borneo.
- Biological Breast Cancer Classification by qRT-PCRMatthew Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..a breast tumor "intrinsic" gene set has reproducibly identified five distinct subtypes of breast tumors: Luminal A (LumA), Luminal B (LumB), Normal Breast-like (NB), HER2-positive (HER2+) and Basal-like...
- Nanoscale approaches to allelic silencing in myocardial disease statesEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2009..This familial condition where the heart grows too thick is the most common cause of sudden death in young people and athletes. ..
- Novel Biomarkers for Aromatase Inhibitor TherapyMatthew J Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Integrative Cardiovascular Biology of Apelin-APJEuan Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments described herein will provide a sound mechanistic basis for the future translation of this body of work to the clinical domain. (End of Abstract) ..
- Novel Biomarkers for Aromatase Inhibitor TherapyMatthew Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..