Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TMEM158
Description: transmembrane protein 158 (gene/pseudogene)
Alias: BBP, RIS1, p40BBP, 40 kDa BINP-binding protein, BINP receptor, Ras induced senescence 1, brain injury-derived neurotrophic peptide (BINP) binding protein, brain specific binding protein, transmembrane protein 158
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a candidate tumor-suppressor gene specifically activated during Ras-induced senescenceMarta Barradas
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Spanish National Center of Biotechnology CSIC, Campus de Cantoblanco, Madrid E 28049, Spain
Exp Cell Res 273:127-37. 2002..In this manner, we have identified a novel gene, RIS1 (for Ras-induced senescence 1), which is not upregulated in association to any of the above-mentioned processes, ..
- Tumor suppressor in lung cancer 1 (TSLC1) alters tumorigenic growth properties and gene expressionThomas E Sussan
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Mol Cancer 4:28. 2005..These results and the observation that TSLC1 is down-regulated in a number of tumors suggest that TSLC1 functions as a critical switch mediating repression of tumorigenesis...
- Analysis of the candidate tumor suppressor Ris-1 in primary human breast carcinomasJavier Silva
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, c San Martin de Porres, E 28035 Madrid, Spain
Mutat Res 594:78-85. 2006..Future and larger series studies in different tumor types are necessary to clarify Ris-1 function in human cancer...
- Engineered protein scaffolds for molecular recognitionA Skerra
Lehrstuhl fur Biologische Chemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
J Mol Recognit 13:167-87. 2000..used: ABD albumin-binding domain of protein G APPI Alzheimer's amyloid beta-protein precursor inhibitor BBP bilin-binding protein BPTI bovine (or basic) pancreatic trypsin inhibitor BSA bovine serum albumin CBD cellulose-..
- Comparison of oxidative stress and changes of xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes induced by phthalates in ratsKyung Won Seo
Toxicology Department, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration, 5 Nokbundong, Eunpyunggu, Seoul 122 704, South Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 42:107-14. 2004..PPs (DEHP and CF) and the oxidative damage by weak PPs [di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP) and n-butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP)]...
- BBP: Brucella genome annotation with literature mining and curationZuoshuang Xiang
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 7:347. 2006..It is further hypothesized that literature-based Brucella gene annotation would increase understanding of complicated Brucella pathogenesis mechanisms...
- Effects and toxicity of phthalate esters to hemocytes of giant freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergiiHung Hung Sung
Department of Microbiology, Soochow University, Taipei 111, Taiwan, ROC
Aquat Toxicol 64:25-37. 2003..activity and O(2)(-) production were decreased after hemocytes were treated with five PAEs (benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), DEP, DHP and DPrP), respectively...
- Perinatal exposure to the phthalates DEHP, BBP, and DINP, but not DEP, DMP, or DOTP, alters sexual differentiation of the male ratL E Gray
Endocrinology Branch, MD 72, U S Environmental Protection Agency, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Reproductive Toxicology Division, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 58:350-65. 2000..In this regard, we expected that benzyl butyl (BBP) and diethylhexyl (DEHP) phthalate would alter sexual differentiation, while dioctyl tere- (DOTP or DEHT), diethyl (..
- Purification and characterization of two insecticyanin-type proteins from the larval hemolymph of the Eri-silkworm, Samia cynthia riciniH Saito
Department of Insect Genetics and Breeding, National Institute of Sericultural and Entomological Science, Ibaraki, Japan saito
Biochim Biophys Acta 1380:141-50. 1998Two different biliverdin-binding proteins, designated BBP-I and BBP-II, were purified from the larval hemolymph of the Eri-silkworm, Samia cynthia ricini...
- Purification and properties of two blue biliproteins from the larval hemolymph and integument of Rhodinia fugax (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae)H Saito
National Institute of Sericultural and Entomological Science, Ibaraki, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 28:995-1005. 1998..fugax. These anti-BP-I antibodies did not react with BP-II and only cross-reacted weakly with Samia cynthia ricini biliverdin-binding protein (BBP)-II.
- NMR structure and dynamics of the engineered fluorescein-binding lipocalin FluA reveal rigidification of beta-barrel and variable loops upon enthalpy-driven ligand bindingJeffrey L Mills
Department of Chemistry, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
Biochemistry 48:7411-9. 2009..21 side chain replacements with respect to the parental lipocalin, the naturally occurring bilin-binding protein (BBP)...
- Peptides panned from a phage-displayed random peptide library are useful for the detection of Bacillus anthracis surrogates B. cereus 4342 and B. anthracis SterneShilpakala Sainath Rao
Section of Cell Biology, Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:93-8. 2010..anthracis Sterne, the nonpathogenic surrogates of B. anthracis strain. The two Bacillus-binding peptides (named BBP-1 and BBP-2) were synthesized with biotin tag to confirm their binding by four independent detection assays...
- Mutations in the Caenorhabditis elegans U2AF large subunit UAF-1 alter the choice of a 3' splice site in vivoLong Ma
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000708. 2009..elegans orthologs of two splicing factors, the U2AF large subunit (UAF-1) and SF1/BBP (SFA-1)...
- Using cereal to increase dietary fiber intake to the recommended level and the effect of fiber on bowel function in healthy persons consuming North American dietsVladimir Vuksan
Clinical Nutrition and Risk Factor Modification Center, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 88:1256-62. 2008..Dietary fiber intake remains low despite increasing evidence for its health benefits, including laxation...
- Developmental profiles of 5-aminolevulinate, porphobilinogen and porphobilinogen synthase activity in Pieris brassicae related to the synthesis of the bilin-binding proteinHartmut Kayser
Abteilung für Biologie I, Universitat Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, D 89069 Ulm, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:165-74. 2005The bilin-binding protein (BBP) occurs as a major soluble protein in haemolymph, fat body, epidermis and wings of Pieris brassicae. It is a member of the lipocalin protein superfamily with yet unknown function...
- Estimated daily intake of plasticizers in 1-week duplicate diet samples following regulation of DEHP-containing PVC gloves in JapanY Tsumura
National Institute of Health Sciences, Osaka Branch, 1 1 43 Hoenzaka, Chuo Ku, Osaka, 540 0006 Japan
Food Addit Contam 20:317-24. 2003..The plasticizers quantified in this study were: dibutyl phthalate, butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), diisononyl phthalate (DINP), di(2-ethylhexyl) adipate (DEHA), diisononyl ..
- Reproductive and developmental toxicity of phthalatesJan L Lyche
Department of Production Animal Clinical Science, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 12:225-49. 2009..At present, di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), and butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) have been demonstrated to produce reproductive and developmental toxicity; thus, this review focuses on these ..
- NTP center for the evaluation of risks to human reproduction reports on phthalates: addressing the data gapsRichard H McKee
Toxicology Research Task Group of the Phthalate Esters Panel of the American Chemistry Council, 1300 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Reprod Toxicol 18:1-22. 2004..reviewed information related to the developmental and reproductive toxicity of seven phthalate esters; DBP, BBP, DnHP, DEHP, DnOP, DINP, and DIDP. Information on exposures was also considered...
- Hershberger assay for antiandrogenic effects of phthalatesByung Mu Lee
Division of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1365-70. 2007..effects of seven phthalates, di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di-isononyl phthalate (DINP), di-isodecyl phthalate (DIDP), di-n-heptyl phthalate (DnHP), and mono-2-ethyhexyl ..
- Potential work-related exposures to bloodborne pathogens by industry and occupation in the United States Part II: A telephone interview studyGuang X Chen
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Safety Research, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Am J Ind Med 50:285-92. 2007..and Jenkins, 2007] reported the frequency and rate of potential work-related exposures to bloodborne pathogens (BBP) treated in emergency departments (EDs) by industry and occupation, but it lacks details on the circumstances of ..
- Eleven phthalate esters and di(2-ethylhexyl) adipate in one-week duplicate diet samples obtained from hospitals and their estimated daily intakeY Tsumura
National Institute of Health Sciences, Osaka Branch, Japan
Food Addit Contam 18:449-60. 2001..7 microg BBP/day...
- Effects of plasticizers and their mixtures on estrogen receptor and thyroid hormone functionsMandana Ghisari
Unit of Cellular and Molecular Toxicology, Center of Arctic Medicine, Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Institute of Public Health, University of Aarhus, Bartholins Alle 2, Build 1260, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Toxicol Lett 189:67-77. 2009..and estrogenic activities of a range of widely used plasticizers and phenols including benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), dioctyl phthalate (DOP), diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), diisononyl phthalate (DINP), di(2-..
- The endocrine disrupters butyl benzyl phthalate and bisphenol A increase the expression of progesterone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in the preoptic area of adult ovariectomized ratsT Funabashi
Department of Physiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 74:77-81. 2001Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) and bisphenol A (BPA), so-called endocrine disrupters, are known to mimic the action of estrogens: they are thus liable to influence reproductive functions...
- Cumulative effects of in utero administration of mixtures of reproductive toxicants that disrupt common target tissues via diverse mechanisms of toxicityC V Rider
MD 72, Reproductive Toxicology Branch, T A Division, NHEERL, ORD, US Environmental Protection Agency, RTP, NC 27711, USA
Int J Androl 33:443-62. 2010..vinclozolin plus procymidone), phthalate esters [di(n-butyl) phthalate (DBP) plus benzyl n-butyl phthalate (BBP) and diethyl hexyl phthalate (DEHP) plus DBP], a phthalate ester plus an AR antagonist (DBP plus procymidone), a ..
- Enzymatic hydrolysis of structurally diverse phthalic acid esters by porcine and bovine pancreatic cholesterol esterasesTakao Saito
Advanced Manufacturing Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2268 98 Anagahora, Shimoshidami, Moriyama ku, Nagoya 463 8560, Japan
Chemosphere 81:1544-8. 2010..phthalate (DBP), di-n-pentyl phthalate (DPeP), di-n-hexyl phthalate (DHP), DEHP, n-butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), and dicyclohexyl phthalate (DCHP), were hydrolyzed to their corresponding monoesters by both porcine and bovine ..
- A mixture of five phthalate esters inhibits fetal testicular testosterone production in the sprague-dawley rat in a cumulative, dose-additive mannerKembra L Howdeshell
Reproductive Toxicology Division, NHEERL, ORD, United States Environmental Protection Agency USEPA, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 105:153-65. 2008..In the fetal rat, exposure to the phthalates benzylbutyl phthalate (BBP), di(n)butyl phthalate (DBP), and diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) decreases testicular testosterone production and ..
- Plastic components affect the activation of the aryl hydrocarbon and the androgen receptorTanja Krüger
Unit of Cellular and Molecular Toxicology CMT, Institute of Public Health, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Toxicology 246:112-23. 2008..DINP), diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), di-n-octyl phthalate (DNOP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), 4-chloro-3-methylphenol (CMP), 2-phenylphenol (2-PP), 2,4-dichlorophenol (DCP), resorcinol and bis(2-ethylhexyl) ..
- Results of the L5178Y mouse lymphoma assay and the Balb/3t3 cell in vitro transformation assay for eight phthalate estersE D Barber
Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, NY, USA
J Appl Toxicol 20:69-80. 2000..The esters tested were: dimethyl phthalate (DMP), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di-¿n-hexyl, n-octyl, n-decyl¿ phthalate (610P), di-isononyl phthalate (DINP), di-¿heptyl, nonyl, undecyl¿ ..
- Growth performance and ileal and total tract amino acid digestibility in broiler chickens fed diets containing bacterial protein produced on natural gasH F Schøyen
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N 1432 As, Norway
Poult Sci 86:87-93. 2007..at 35 d: a control diet with 35% soybean meal (SOY) or diets in which either 6% basic bacterial protein meal (BBP) or 6% autolysed bacterial protein meal (AUT) partially replaced soybean meal protein...
- Structure and characterization of a novel chicken biotin-binding protein A (BBP-A)Vesa P Hytönen
Nanoscience Center, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, P O Box 35 YAB, FI 40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
BMC Struct Biol 7:8. 2007The chicken genome contains a BBP-A gene showing similar characteristics to avidin family genes...
- Identification and characterization of the inducible murine mast cell gene, imc-415S H Cho
Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California, 90509, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 252:123-7. 1998..5% amino acid sequence homology to both a human beta4 integrin-binding protein (p27(BBP)) and a human translation initiation factor 6 (eIF6), which in turn are identical...
- Phthalate ester-induced gubernacular lesions are associated with reduced insl3 gene expression in the fetal rat testisVickie S Wilson
Reproductive Toxicology Division, United States Environmental Protection Agency, NHEERL, ORD, MD 72, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicol Lett 146:207-15. 2004..Three phthalates, di-n-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) were administered orally to the dam on gestation day 14 through 18 (GD14-18) and the fetal testes examined on GD18 ..
- The adjunctive effect of a binding peptide on bone morphogenetic protein enhanced bone healing in a rodent model of spinal fusionAhmet Alanay
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1709-13. 2008A prospective 8-week interventional trial employing a rat model of spinal fusion to test the effect on bone morphogenetic protein binding peptide (BBP) on rhBMP-2 induced bone healing.
- Plasticizers in total diet samples, baby food and infant formulaeJ H Petersen
Institute of Food Research and Nutrition, Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, Søborg, Denmark
Food Addit Contam 17:133-41. 2000The plasticizers di-n-butylphthalate (DBP), butylbenzylphthalate (BBP), di-2-(ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) and di-2-(ethylhexyl)adipate (DEHA) were analysed in 29 total diet samples, in 11 samples of baby food and in 11 samples of infant ..
- Degradation of phthalate esters in an activated sludge wastewater treatment plantPeter Roslev
Section of Environmental Engineering, Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Environmental Engineering, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 57, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Water Res 41:969-76. 2007..In this study, we examined the fate of dimethyl phthalate (DMP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), and di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) in a full scale activated sludge WWTP with biological removal of nitrogen ..
- Cold stimulation induces different responses of ophthalmic artery blood flow velocity depending on baseline blood pressure and genderG Michelson
Department of Ophthalmology, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Hum Hypertens 24:124-33. 2010..SI changed in dependency on the baseline blood pressure (bBP)...
- The effects of benzamide analogues on cocaine self-administration in rhesus monkeysM A Nader
Center for the Neurobiological Investigation of Drug Abuse, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1083, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 147:143-52. 1999..e., higher affinity at D(3)- than D(2)-receptors) would be more potent than D(2)-selective antagonists at decreasing total cocaine intake relative to disrupting rates of responding...
- Perceived knowledge of blood-borne pathogens and avoidance of contact with infected patientsIlya Kagan
Quality and Patient Safety in Nursing, Rabin Medical Center, Clalit Health Care Services, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nurs Scholarsh 41:13-9. 2009..the relationship between nurses' knowledge of blood-borne pathogens (BBPs), their professional behavior regarding handwashing, compliance with standard precautions (SPs), and avoidance of therapeutic contact with BBP-infected patients.
- Atmospheric fate of phthalate esters in an urban area (Paris-France)M J Teil
Laboratoire Hydrologie et Environnement, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, UMR 7619 Sisyphe, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Tour 56 46, Box 105, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Sci Total Environ 354:212-23. 2006..Total atmospheric levels (ng m-3) were as follows: DMP, 0.5; DEP, 10.7; DnBP, 22.2; BBP, 4.6; DEHP, 18.9; and DnOP, 0.5 ng m-3, showing a predominance of DnBP and next, DEHP...
- Poor knowledge--predictor of nonadherence to universal precautions for blood borne pathogens at first level care facilities in PakistanNaveed Z Janjua
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Infect Dis 7:81. 2007We conducted an assessment of knowledge about blood borne pathogens (BBP) and use of universal precautions at first level care facilities (FLCF) in two districts of Pakistan.
- Occurrence of phthalates and bisphenol A and F in the environmentHermann Fromme
Senate Department of Labor, Social Services and Women Issues, Environmental Health Office, Berlin, Germany
Water Res 36:1429-38. 2002Certain xenoestrogens, namely bisphenol A (BPA), bisphenol F (BPF), butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), were measured in various compartments (surface water, sediments, sewage ..
- Characterization of virulence factors and genetic background of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from Peking University People's Hospital between 2005 and 2009Min Liu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Curr Microbiol 61:435-43. 2010..clones, the prevalence of 16 virulence factors genes (sea, seb, sec, sed, seg, sei, sej, pvl, lukE-lukD, eta, bbp, can, ebp, clfA, fib, fnbB) in MRSA and MSSA was found to be significantly different from MSSA (P < 0.05)...
- Infection control attitudes and perceptions among dental students in Latin America: implications for dental educationA E Acosta-Gio
Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico DF, Mexico
Int Dent J 58:187-93. 2008..Poor IC training may result in low compliance and negative attitudes against patients infected with blood borne pathogens (BBP).
- Investigation of feasibility of bamboo charcoal as solid-phase extraction adsorbent for the enrichment and determination of four phthalate esters in environmental water samplesRu Song Zhao
Key Laboratory of Bioorganic Phosphorus Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 1183:15-20. 2008..The four phthalate esters, dimethyl phthalate (DMP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) and di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), are quantitatively adsorbed on a bamboo charcoal packed cartridge, then the ..
- Phthalate levels in Norwegian indoor air related to particle size fractionKirsten Eline Rakkestad
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Division of Environmental Medicine, Department of Air Pollution and Noise, Oslo, Norway
J Environ Monit 9:1419-25. 2007..The results showed the presence of the phthalates di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), dicyclohexyl phthalate (DCHP) and diethyl hexyl phthalate (DEHP) in the samples...
- Evaluation of estrogenic activity of phthalate esters by gene expression profiling using a focused microarray (EstrArray)Meher Parveen
Signaling Molecules Research Laboratory, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1416-25. 2008..genes (EstrArray) to examine gene expression profiles in MCF-7 cells treated with 10 microM butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), and diisopropyl phthalate (DIP) along with the natural estrogen ..
- Adherence to an occupational blood borne pathogens exposure management program among healthcare workers and other groups at risk in ArgentinaMarisa Miceli
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Braz J Infect Dis 9:454-8. 2005We conducted a retrospective review of 130 occupational blood borne pathogens exposure (BBP-OE) records at Centro de Estudios Médicos e Investigaciones Clínicas, a university hospital with an ongoing educational program and a ..
- [Effect of municipal sludge and chemical fertilizers on phthalic acid esters (PAEs) contents in Ipomoea aquatica grown on paddy soils]Quanying Cai
College of Resources and Environmental Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 14:2001-5. 2003..g., butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP) in control, chemical fertilizers, Foshan sludge, and Guangzhou sludge accounted for 40% to 80% of sigma PAEs, di-n-..
- Effects of single and repeated blood withdrawals on circulating mononuclear cells in BB rats. Failure to prevent diabetes despite acute changes in countsE B Marliss
McGill Nutrition and Food Science Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes 39:1099-105. 1990..differentiation alloantigen) whose presence appears to "protect" against diabetes development (identified as BBp rats). Four groups were studied: non-diabetes-prone (BBn), RT6.1- BBdp, RT6...
- Improvement of knowledge, attitudes and practices of health care workers towards the transmission of blood-borne pathogens: an intervention studyDoa a A Saleh
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 84:423-41. 2009Health care workers (HCW) are at risk of occupational infection with blood-borne pathogens (BBP).
- Transient interaction of BBP/ScSF1 and Mud2 with the splicing machinery affects the kinetics of spliceosome assemblyB Rutz
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
RNA 5:819-31. 1999..b>BBP/SF1 participates in this recognition by interacting with the pre-mRNA branch point in both yeast and mammals...
- The presence of both bone sialoprotein-binding protein gene and collagen adhesin gene as a typical virulence trait of the major epidemic cluster in isolates from orthopedic implant infectionsDavide Campoccia
Research Unit on Implant Infections, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Biomaterials 30:6621-8. 2009..In the predominant S. aureus cluster, enlisting 27 isolates, the bbp gene encoding bone sialoprotein-binding protein appeared a typical virulence trait, found in 93% of the isolates...
- Characterization of adhesin genes, staphylococcal nuclease, hemolysis, and biofilm formation among Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from different sourcesJunni Tang
College of Life Science and Technology, Southwest University for Nationalities, Chengdu, China
Foodborne Pathog Dis 10:757-63. 2013..aureus from different sources. Fifteen adhesin genes (bap, bbp, clfA, clfB, cna, ebpS, fib, fnbA, fnbB, eno, icaAD, icaBC, sasG, sasC, pls) involved in S...
- Migration of plasticisers from Tritan™ and polycarbonate bottles and toxicological evaluationAlbert Guart
Department of Environmental Chemistry, IDAEA CSIC, Jordi Girona 18 26, 08034 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Food Chem 141:373-80. 2013..in Tritan™ were 2-phenoxyethanol (2-PE), 4-nonylphenol (4-NP), bisphenol A (BPA), benzylbuthyl phthalate (BBP) and dimethyl isophthalate (DMIP) at levels from 0.027 ± 0.002 to 0.961 ± 0...
- BMP binding peptide: a BMP-2 enhancing factor deduced from the sequence of native bovine bone morphogenetic protein/non-collagenous proteinKeyvan Behnam
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Orthop Res 23:175-80. 2005..A cyclic peptide, which we call BMP binding peptide (BBP) was generated using this sequence. The peptide avidly bound rhBMP-2 with a KD of 3 x 10(-5) M...
- DNA methylation of estrogen receptor alpha gene by phthalatesSe Chan Kang
Division of Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Jangan gu, Suwon, Kyonggi Do, Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:1995-2003. 2005..and include agents such as di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), which are classified as endocrine disruptors because of their anti-androgenic or pro-estrogenic effects...
- Comparative analysis of trace contaminants in leachates before and after a pre-oxidation using a solar photo-Fenton reactionElisangela M R Rocha
Centro de Tecnologia, Departamento de Engenharia Civil e Ambiental, Universidade Federal da Paraiba, Cidade Universitaria, Campus I, 58059 900, Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:5994-6006. 2013..18 ± 0.12 mg L(-1)), phthalate esters (Di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)) (DBP: 0.47 ± 0.01 mg L(-1); BBP: 0.36 ± 0.02 mg L(-1); DEHP: 0...
- The promoter of the human sodium/iodide symporter responds to certain phthalate plasticisersEkaterina Breous
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm, Robert Koch Strasse 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 244:75-8. 2005..Di-isodecyl phthalate (DIDP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) and di-octyl phthalate (DOP) increased the activity of the human NIS promoter construct 2.5-, 2.6- and 2...
- Evaluation of environmental impacts of two common restoration methodologies for pipes that convey stormwater runoffDianjun E Ren
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4742, USA
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 89:557-62. 2012..potential environmental concern: bisphenol A (BPA), di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), and benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP). The release of these two products was investigated both experimentally and mathematically...
- Mn(II) coordination polymers based on bi-, tri-, and tetranuclear and polymeric chain building units: crystal structures and magnetic propertiesLu Fang Ma
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Luoyang Normal University, Luoyang 471022, PR China
Inorg Chem 51:9431-42. 2012..1), [Mn(3)(tbip)(3)(bix)(2)] (2), [Mn(3)(tbip)(2)(Htbip)(2)(bib)(2)]·4H(2)O (3), [Mn(4)(tbip)(4)(bbp)(2)(H(2)O)(2)] (4), and [Mn(4)(tbip)(4)(bip)]·2H(2)O (5), were prepared by hydrothermal reactions of Mn(II) ..
- TMEM158 and FBLP1 as novel marker genes of cisplatin sensitivity in non-small cell lung cancer cellsAhmed El Sayed Mohammed
Translational Research Center, Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, Hidaka, Saitama, Japan
Exp Lung Res 38:463-74. 2012..with oligonucleotide microarray and real-time RT-PCR provided 6 candidate genes, namely, NUBPL, C9orf30, ZNF12, TMEM158, GSK3B, and FBLP1 using 9 lung cancer cells consisting of 3 small and 6 NSCLC cells...
- How can food extracts consumed in the Mediterranean and East Asia suppress prostate cancer proliferation?Mu Yao
Department of Endocrinology, Central Clinical School and Bosch Institute, Room 394, Blackburn Building, D06, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Br J Nutr 108:424-30. 2012..developed a blend of food extracts commonly consumed in the Mediterranean and East Asia, named blueberry punch (BBP), with the ultimate aim to formulate a chemoprevention strategy to inhibit prostate cancer progression in men on ..
- Maximal strength on different resistance training rowing exercises predicts start phase performance in elite kayakersIsmael Ualí
Laboratory of Physiology, European University Miguel de Cervantes, Valladolid, Spain
J Strength Cond Res 26:941-6. 2012..existing between maximum strength values in 2 common resistance training row exercises (bilateral bench pull [BBP] and one-arm cable row [OACR]) and short sprint performance in elite kayakers...
- Antiandrogenic activity of phthalate mixtures: validity of concentration additionVerena Christen
University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, School of Life Sciences, Muttenz, Switzerland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 259:169-76. 2012..Isoboles and the toxic unit approach (TUA) confirmed the additive to synergistic activity of the binary mixtures BBP+DBP, DBP+DEP and DEP+BPA at high concentrations...
- Determination of alkylphenols and phthalate esters in vegetables and migration studies from their packages by means of stir bar sorptive extraction coupled to gas chromatography-mass spectrometryJ I Cacho
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Murcia, E 30071 Murcia, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1241:21-7. 2012..esters (PEs), dimethylphthalate (DMP), diethylphthalate (DEP), di-n-butylphthalate (DBP), n-butylbenzylphthalate (BBP), di-2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP) and di-n-octylphthalate (DOP), in vegetables using stir bar sorptive extraction (..
- Simultaneous determination of selected endocrine disrupter compounds in wastewater samples in ultra trace levels using HPLC-ES-MS/MSOkan Tarık Komesli
Department of Environmental Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Environ Monit Assess 184:5215-24. 2012..determination of six selected endocrine disrupter compounds (EDCs: diltiazem, progesterone, benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), estrone, carbamazepine (Cbz), acetaminophen) was developed by liquid chromatography electrospray ionization ..
- Positive effects, side effects, and adverse events of clinical holistic medicine. A review of Gerda Boyesen's nonpharmaceutical mind-body medicine (biodynamic body-psychotherapy) at two centers in the United Kingdom and GermanyCharlotte Allmer
Eta Wegman Academy, Graz, Austria
Int J Adolesc Med Health 21:281-97. 2009..Gerda Boyesen's "biodynamic body-psychotherapy" (BBP) is an intensive type of holistic mind-body medicine used by Boyesen at two centers.
- Effect of butyl benzyl phthalate on early postnatal mortality in ratsC Martin
Departamento de Estomatologia IV, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Toxicol Mech Methods 18:759-62. 2008..study was undertaken to examine early postnatal mortality in rat pups following exposure to butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) during pregnancy...
- Intra-strain variability of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains ST228-MRSA-I and ST5-MRSA-IIS Monecke
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:1383-90. 2009..absence of beta-haemolysin-converting phages (sea, sea-N315, sak, chp, scn), deletions of single chromosomal genes (bbp, clfA) or, occasionally, of rather large clusters of neighbouring genes (seg, sei, sem, sen, seo, seu, lukD/E)...
- Abiotic degradation of four phthalic acid esters in aqueous phase under natural sunlight irradiationRuttapol Lertsirisopon
Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Environ Sci (China) 21:285-90. 2009..efficiency of abiotic degradation of the PAEs with relatively short alkyl chains, such as butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP) and di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), at neutral pH was significantly lower than that in the acidic or alkaline ..
- Assessing the relevance of in vitro measures of phthalate inhibition of steroidogenesis for in vivo responseRebecca A Clewell
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 24:327-34. 2010..Dibutyl (DBP), diethylhexyl (DEHP) and butylbenzyl (BBP) phthalate disrupt sexual development in the fetal rat. Dimethyl (DMP) and diethyl (DEP) phthalate do not...
- Comparative toxicological evaluation of phthalate diesters and metabolites in Sprague-Dawley male rats for risk assessmentSeung Jun Kwack
Department of Toxicological Research, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Seoul, Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 72:1446-54. 2009..DEHP), di(n-butyl) phthalate (DBP), di-n-octyl phthalate (DnOP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), dimethyl phthalate (DMP), di-isodecyl phthalate (DIDP), diundecyl phthalate (DUP), and di-isononyl phthalate (..
- Some flame retardants and the antimicrobials triclosan and triclocarban enhance the androgenic activity in vitroVerena Christen
University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, School of Life Sciences, Gründenstrasse 40, CH 4132 Muttenz, Switzerland
Chemosphere 81:1245-52. 2010..In contrast, most phthalates showed antiandrogenic activity. Butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and diethyl phthalate (DEP) showed strong antiandrogenicity, whereas the action of ..
- Alkylphenols and phthalates in bottled watersDiana Amiridou
Environmental Pollution Control Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University, 54 124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Hazard Mater 185:281-6. 2011..tOP), dimethyl phthalate (DMP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) and di(n-octyl)phthalate (DNOP)...
- Conserved beta-hairpin recognition by the GYF domains of Smy2 and GIGYF2 in mRNA surveillance and vesicular transport complexesMiriam Rose Ash
Protein Engineering, Leibniz Institut fuer Molekulare Pharmakologie, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Structure 18:944-54. 2010..crystal structure of the GYF domain of Smy2 in association with a PRS from the yeast branch point binding protein (BBP/ScSF1)...
- Bath Breakfast Project (BBP)--examining the role of extended daily fasting in human energy balance and associated health outcomes: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial [ISRCTN31521726]James A Betts
Human Physiology Research Group, Department for Health, University of Bath, UK
Trials 12:172. 2011..Further progress in our understanding therefore requires a direct examination of how daily breakfast impacts human health under free-living conditions...
- Characterization of Hsp70 gene in Chironomus riparius: expression in response to endocrine disrupting pollutants as a marker of ecotoxicological stressMonica Morales
Grupo de Biología y Toxicología Ambiental, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, UNED, Senda del Rey 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 153:150-8. 2011..05) after short-term acute exposures to a temperature shift (HS), cadmium chloride (Cd), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), bisphenol A (BPA), 4-nonylphenol (NP) and ethinylestradiol (EE)...
- The effect of speaking rate on velopharyngeal function in healthy speakersAndrea Gauster
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Linguist Phon 24:576-88. 2010..and /p/ segments in the word 'hamper' and the utterances 'Mama made some lemon jam' (MMJ) and 'Buy Bobby a puppy' (BBP). SPL was collected simultaneously with aerodynamic data for all utterances...
- Phthalate exposure in pregnant women and their children in central TaiwanSusana Lin
National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
Chemosphere 82:947-55. 2011..and cx-MiNP) representing the exposure to five commonly used phthalates (DEHP, di-isobutyl phthalate (DiBP), DnBP, BBP, DiNP) were measured in urine of pregnant women, cord serum and breast milk after delivery, and in urine of their ..
- A survey of phthalate esters in consumer cosmetic productsJean C Hubinger
U S Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, USA
J Cosmet Sci 61:457-65. 2010..the presence of five phthalate esters: dimethyl phthalate (DMP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), benzylbutyl phthalate (BBP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) (Figure 1)...
- Proteome changes in the plasma of Pieris rapae parasitized by the endoparasitoid wasp Pteromalus puparumJia Ying Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Rice Biology and Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Crop Pathology and Insects of Ministry of Agriculture, Institute of Insect Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 12:93-102. 2011..They were masquerade-like serine proteinase homolog (MSPH), enolase (Eno), bilin-binding protein (BBP), imaginal disc growth factor (IDGF), ornithine decarboxylase (ODC), cellular retinoic acid binding protein (CRABP),..
- Removal of the endocrine disrupter butyl benzyl phthalate from the environmentSubhankar Chatterjee
Molecular Phytopathology and Mycotoxin Research Unit, University of Goettingen, Grisebachstrasse 6, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:61-73. 2010Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), an aryl alkyl ester of 1,2-benzene dicarboxylic acid, is extensively used in vinyl tiles and as a plasticizer in PVC in many commonly used products...
- Nutritional value and digestion rate of rhea meat proteins in association with storage and cooking processesRenata S Filgueras
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR370 Qualité des Produits Animaux, F 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Meat Sci 89:6-12. 2011..Cooking markedly affected the protein surface hydrophobicity. The BBP bound content was three times greater in cooked than in fresh rhea meat...
- Xenoestrogens down-regulate aryl-hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator 2 mRNA expression in human breast cancer cells via an estrogen receptor alpha-dependent mechanismXian Yang Qin
Research Center for Environmental Risk, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Japan
Toxicol Lett 206:152-7. 2011..Bisphenol A (BPA), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), and 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(2-chlorophenyl-4-chlorophenyl)ethane (o,p'-DDT) were found to be estrogenic toward ..
- Expression of various biotin-binding proteins in transgenic tobacco confers resistance to potato tuber moth, Phthorimaea operculella (Zeller) (fam. Gelechiidae)Colleen Murray
The New Zealand Institute of Plant and Food Research Ltd, Private Bag 11030, Manawatu Mail Centre, 4442, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Transgenic Res 19:1041-51. 2010..Here we report in planta expression of three different genes, designed to produce BBP variant proteins in the vacuole...
- Effect of butyl benzyl phthalate on life table-demography of two successive generations of cladoceran Moina macrocopa StrausJin Xia Wang
Provincial Key Laboratories of Conservation and Utilization for Important Biological Resource in Anhui and Biotic Environment and Ecological Safety, College of Life Sciences, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu, Anhui 241000, China
J Environ Biol 32:17-22. 2011In this study, the acute toxicity of butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) to freshwater cladoceran Moina macrocopa was tested, and its chronic effects on survival and reproduction of two successive generations of the cladoceran were studied ..
- Food extracts consumed in Mediterranean countries and East Asia reduce protein concentrations of androgen receptor, phospho-protein kinase B, and phospho-cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alpha in human prostate cancer cellsJaskirat Singh
Department of Medicine, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Nutr 140:786-91. 2010..The effect of the food extracts known as Blueberry Punch (BBP) on prostate cancer cell growth and key signaling pathways were examined in vitro and in vivo...
- A cooperative interaction between U2AF65 and mBBP/SF1 facilitates branchpoint region recognitionJ A Berglund
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Biology and Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Genes Dev 12:858-67. 1998..Recently, we identified a branchpoint sequence binding protein in yeast (BBP)...
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry determination of the migration of phthalate plasticisers from polyvinyl chloride toys and childcare articlesA O Earls
Consumer Safety and Tobacco Products, Room 3 8, LGC Ltd, Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 OLY, UK
J Chromatogr A 983:237-46. 2003..EU Scientific Committee for Toxicity, Ecotoxicity and the Environment (CSTEE) list--dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) and di-n-octyl phthalate (DnOP)--were not tested due to the unavailability of suitable materials.
- Decreased anogenital distance and increased incidence of undescended testes in fetuses of rats given monobenzyl phthalate, a major metabolite of butyl benzyl phthalateMakoto Ema
Division of Risk Assessment, Biological Safety Research Center, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, 158 8501 Tokyo, Japan
Reprod Toxicol 17:407-12. 2003..was to determine the adverse effects of monobenzyl phthalate (MBeP), a major metabolite of butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), on the development of the reproductive system, and to assess the role of MBeP in the antiandrogenic effects of ..
- Lack of modifying effects of 4-ter t-octylphenol and benzyl butyl phthalate on 3,2-dimethyl-4-aminobiphenyl-induced prostate carcinogenesis in ratsHiroyuki Kohno
Department of Pathology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:300-5. 2004..effects of dietary feeding of two estrogenic compounds, 4-tert-octylphenol (tOP) and benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), on 3,2-dimethyl-4-aminobiphenol (DMAB)-induced prostatic carcinogenesis were investigated in male F344 rats...
- Degradation of organic pollutants by methane grown microbial consortiaMartin Hesselsoe
Aalborg University, Department of Life Sciences, Section of Environmental Engineering, Aalborg, Denmark
Biodegradation 16:435-48. 2005..One consortium enriched from activated sludge ("AAE-A2"), degraded PAE, including (butyl-benzyl)phthalate (BBP), and di-(butyl)phthalate (DBP). PAE have not previously been described as substrates for methanotrophic consortia...
- Effects of endocrine disruptors on the formation of prostaglandin and arachidonoyl-CoA formed from arachidonic acid in rabbit kidney medulla microsomesYohko Fujimoto
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Takatsuki, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 73:447-52. 2005..the effects of nonylphenol (NP), bisphenol A (BPA), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl-n-butyl phthalate (BBP) and di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) on the formation of PG and AA-CoA from 5 microM AA (close to the ..
- Sequence and structural analysis of BTB domain proteinsPeter J Stogios
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada
Genome Biol 6:R82. 2005..Several BTB domain structures have been experimentally determined, revealing a highly conserved core structure...
- Removal of selected pollutants from aqueous media by hardwood mulchAsim B Ray
Urban Watershed Management Branch MS 104, United States Environmental Protection Agency, 2890 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08837, USA
J Hazard Mater 136:213-8. 2006..lead (Pb(2+)), zinc (Zn(2+)), 1,3 dichlorobenzene (DCB), naphthalene (NP), fluoranthene (FA), butylbenzylphthalate (BBP), and benzo(a)pyrene (B[a]P)...
- Determination of phthalates in milk and milk products by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryLambert K Sørensen
Steins Laboratorium, Blomstervej 1, 8381 Tilst, Denmark
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:1135-43. 2006..ionisation (LC/ESI-MS/MS) was developed for determination of dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), di-'isononyl' phthalate (DINP) and di-'isodecyl' phthalate (DIDP) in milk and ..
- Investigation of the adjuvant and immuno-suppressive effects of benzyl butyl phthalate, phthalic acid and benzyl alcohol in a murine injection modelS T Larsen
National Institute of Occupational Health, Lersø Parkallé 105, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Food Chem Toxicol 41:439-46. 2003..investigates the adjuvant effect of another important commercial phthalate plasticizer, benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) as well as its degradation products, phthalic acid and benzyl alcohol (BA) in a murine model...
- An assessment of the toxicity of phthalate esters to freshwater benthos. 1. Aqueous exposuresD J Call
Lake Superior Research Institute, University of Wisconsin Superior, 54880, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:1798-804. 2001..including dimethyl phthalate (DMP), diethyl phthalate (DEP), di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP), butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP), di-n-hexyl phthalate (DHP), and di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP)...
- The beta4 integrin interactor p27(BBP/eIF6) is an essential nuclear matrix protein involved in 60S ribosomal subunit assemblyF Sanvito
DIBIT, Department of Biological and Technological Research, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 144:823-37. 1999p27(BBP/eIF6) is an evolutionarily conserved protein that was originally identified as p27(BBP), an interactor of the cytoplasmic domain of integrin beta4 and, independently, as the putative translation initiation factor eIF6...
- The peripubertal male rat assay as an alternative to the Hershberger castrated male rat assay for the detection of anti-androgens, oestrogens and metabolic modulatorsJ Ashby
AstraZeneca Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, UK
J Appl Toxicol 20:35-47. 2000..DDE), metabolic modulators (anastrazole, finasteride, ketoconazole) and oestrogens (butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), methoxychlor, bisphenol A (BPA), diethylstilboestrol (DES)), the suspected anti-androgen dibutyl phthalate (DBP) ..
- A bone sialoprotein-binding protein from Staphylococcus aureus: a member of the staphylococcal Sdr familyH S Tung
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 575, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem J 345:611-9. 2000..aureus strain O24. This gene encodes a protein with 1171 amino acids, called BSP-binding protein (Bbp), which displays similarity to recently described proteins of the Sdr family from S. aureus...
- Epigenetic Changes After Intrauterine Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting ChemicalsKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2009..A and the phthalates di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBF), and butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), present at significant levels in the environment, induces loss of imprinting of insulin-like growth factor 2 and ..
- Genomic and Proteomic Biomarkers of Biological Responses to ExposureCORAL LAMARTINIERE; Fiscal Year: 2010..identification of biomarkers of exposure in girls and rats exposed to bisphenol A (BPA), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) and genistein that are measurable in the population...
- OUTCOMES OF THE REVISED CA BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS STANDARDMarion Gillen; Fiscal Year: 2001In California, a revised Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) standard, mandating that health care facilities use needle safety products, becomes effective July 1, 1999...
- BBP EXPOSURE AND RISK FACTORS IN NON-HOSPITAL BASED HCWSRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will improve our understanding of the risks facing non-hospital HCWs and allow us to focus our energies and resources appropriately. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN PARASITIC NEMATODESTIMOTHY NILSEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, the evidence indicates that SL-30 makes essential contacts with the splicing factor SF1/BBP, a protein that plays a bridging role between 5'and 3'splice sites in cis-splicing...
- P53 AND UV REGULATION OF P53 BINDING PROTEIN BBP/53BP2Charles Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Bbp/53BP2 protein binds to wild-type p53; the crystal structure of the p53-Bbp/53BP2 complex reveals the Bbp/53BP2 ..
- Biological Role of P53-Interacting Protein ASPP2Louie Naumovski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our laboratory has been studying the p53-interacting protein, Bbp/53BP2 (recently renamed and referred to here as ASPP2)...
- PROTEINS AND ENZYMES AFFECTING CHROMATINRolf Sternglanz; Fiscal Year: 2007..we want to understand the role of sumoylation of Lys247 of Sir3 and its interaction with the ring finger proteins, Ris1 and Hex3/Slx5...