Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TLK2
Description: tousled like kinase 2
Alias: HsHPK, PKU-ALPHA, serine/threonine-protein kinase tousled-like 2
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Leduc N, Ahomadégbé C, Agossou M, Aline Fardin A, Mahjoubi L, Dufrenot Petitjean Roget L, et al. Incidence of Lung Adenocarcinoma Biomarker in a Caribbean and African Caribbean Population. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:769-773 pubmed publisher..These findings may be ascribed to low tobacco consumption as well as to genetic factors. Systematic screening in patients of African Caribbean origin should be prescribed. ..
- Cheng X, Wei L, Huang X, Zheng J, Shao M, Feng T, et al. Solute Carrier Family 39 Member 6 Gene Promotes Aggressiveness of Esophageal Carcinoma Cells by Increasing Intracellular Levels of Zinc, Activating Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase Signaling, and Up-regulating Genes That Regulate Metastasis. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1985-1997.e12 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of SLC39A6 might be used to determine prognoses of patients with ESCC or as a therapeutic target. ..
- Dong X, Zhou Z, Wang L, Saremi B, Helmbrecht A, Wang Z, et al. Increasing the availability of threonine, isoleucine, valine, and leucine relative to lysine while maintaining an ideal ratio of lysine:methionine alters mammary cellular metabolites, mammalian target of rapamycin signaling, and gene transcription. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:5502-5514 pubmed publisher
- Ke Z, Wang G, Yang L, Qiu H, Wu H, Du M, et al. Crude terpene glycoside component from Radix paeoniae rubra protects against isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemic injury via activation of the PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;206:160-169 pubmed publisher..Thus, CS -TG might be a potential therapeutic candidate for the prevention and treatment of myocardial ischemia. ..
- Cattaneo F, Guerra G, Parisi M, De Marinis M, Tafuri D, Cinelli M, et al. Cell-surface receptors transactivation mediated by g protein-coupled receptors. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:19700-28 pubmed publisher..These studies may suggest the design of novel strategies for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Wang P, Li Z, Fu L, Zhu J, Wu X, Wang Z, et al. [Effects of extracts of Prunella Vulgaris L. on proteome of human lung adenocarcinoma cell line A549]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;94:2216-21 pubmed..And its possible mechanisms may be due to the regulation of steady state of calcium ion, cell cycle and its steady state and the inhibition of tumor cell proliferation and metastasis. ..
- Kamai T, Abe H, Arai K, Murakami S, Sakamoto S, Kaji Y, et al. Radical nephrectomy and regional lymph node dissection for locally advanced type 2 papillary renal cell carcinoma in an at-risk individual from a family with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer: a case report. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:232 pubmed publisher..FH mutation plays a role in tumorigenic feature, a metabolic shift to aerobic glycolysis, and increased an anti-oxidant response phenotype in HLRCC-associated kidney cancer. ..
- Abeyrathna P, Kovacs L, Han W, Su Y. Calpain-2 activates Akt via TGF-?1-mTORC2 pathway in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C24-34 pubmed publisher..These data provide first evidence supporting that calpain-2 upregulates PDGF-induced Akt phosphorylation in pulmonary vascular remodeling via an intracrine TGF-?1/mTORC2 mechanism. ..
- Wei R, Lin S, Wu W, Chen L, Li C, Chen H, et al. A microtubule inhibitor, ABT-751, induces autophagy and delays apoptosis in Huh-7 cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;311:88-98 pubmed publisher..The autophagy induced by ABT-751 plays a protective role to postpone apoptosis by exerting adaptive responses following microtubule damage, ROS and/or impaired mitochondria. ..
- Lei Y, Peng X, Liu L, Dong Z, Li T. Beneficial effect of cyclosporine A on traumatic hemorrhagic shock. J Surg Res. 2015;195:529-40 pubmed publisher..This beneficial effect of CsA is related to the inhibitory effect of CsA on MPTP opening. ROCK is an important regulator molecule in this process. ..
- Pietanza M, Hellmann M, Fiore J, Smith Marrone S, Basch E, Schwartz L, et al. Phase II Study of a Non-Platinum-Containing Doublet of Paclitaxel and Pemetrexed with Bevacizumab as Initial Therapy for Patients with Advanced Lung Adenocarcinomas. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:890-9 pubmed publisher..These results justify use of the PPB regimen in fit patients in whom three-drug regimens including bevacizumab are appropriate. ..
- Santos I, de Bem G, Cordeiro V, da Costa C, de Carvalho L, da Rocha A, et al. Supplementation with Vitis vinifera L. skin extract improves insulin resistance and prevents hepatic lipid accumulation and steatosis in high-fat diet-fed mice. Nutr Res. 2017;43:69-81 pubmed publisher..The regulation of hepatic insulin signaling pathway, lipogenesis, and oxidative stress may contribute to ACH09's protective effect. ..
- Batistel F, Alharthi A, Wang L, Parys C, Pan Y, Cardoso F, et al. Placentome Nutrient Transporters and Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Signaling Proteins Are Altered by the Methionine Supply during Late Gestation in Dairy Cows and Are Associated with Newborn Birth Weight. J Nutr. 2017;147:1640-1647 pubmed publisher
- Greillier L, Tounsi A, Berenguer DaizÃ© C, Dussault N, Delfino C, Benyahia Z, et al. Functional Analysis of the Adrenomedullin Pathway in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:94-107 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of the AM pathway in growth of MPM and in neovascularization by supplying and amplifying signals that are essential for pathologic neoangiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Ma G, Wang T, Korhonen P, Nie S, Reid G, Stroehlein A, et al. Comparative bioinformatic analysis suggests that specific dauer-like signalling pathway components regulate Toxocara canis development and migration in the mammalian host. Parasit Vectors. 2019;12:32 pubmed publisher..canis. Elucidating the functional roles of these molecules might contribute to the discovery of novel anthelmintic targets in ascaridoids. ..
- Kang S, Choi B, Lee E, Kim S, Yi H, Park H, et al. Inhibitory Effect of Dried Pomegranate Concentration Powder on Melanogenesis in B16F10 Melanoma Cells; Involvement of p38 and PKA Signaling Pathways. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:24219-42 pubmed publisher..These observations provided new insights on the molecular mechanisms of the skin-whitening property of PCP. ..
- Doshi K, Trotta R, Natarajan K, Rassool F, Tron A, Huszar D, et al. Pim kinase inhibition sensitizes FLT3-ITD acute myeloid leukemia cells to topoisomerase 2 inhibitors through increased DNA damage and oxidative stress. Oncotarget. 2016;7:48280-48295 pubmed publisher..Our data support testing of Pim kinase inhibitors with topoisomerase 2 inhibitors, but not with cytarabine, to improve treatment outcomes in AML with FLT3-ITD. ..
- Mei J, Tang G, Wang Q, Wen P, Xu M, Cui D, et al. [Role of ash2 (absent, small, or homeotic)-like and Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 on histone methylation of interferon-gamma gene and their associations with vascular damage of Kawasaki disease]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:791-798 pubmed publisher..05). Conclusion: Aberrant histone methylation of IFN-? associating H3K4me3 and H3K27me3 caused by over-binding of Ash2L and Jmjd3 might be involved in immune dysfunction and vascular damage in KD in the acute phase...
- Sharma A, Rigby A, Alper S. STAS domain structure and function. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:407-22 pubmed publisher..STAS domains are central to membrane targeting of many SulP/SLC26 anion transporters, and STAS domain mutations are associated with at least three human recessive diseases. This review summarizes STAS domain structure and function. ..
- Chang Z, Chang C. Involvement of a novel protein kinase C (nPKC) in immunocompetence in hemocytes of white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2019;87:590-599 pubmed publisher..We therefore concluded that LvnPKC is involved in immune defense of L. vannamei exposed to hypothermal stress or infected with V. alginolyticus. ..
- Newton K, Dugger D, Maltzman A, Greve J, Hedehus M, Martin McNulty B, et al. RIPK3 deficiency or catalytically inactive RIPK1 provides greater benefit than MLKL deficiency in mouse models of inflammation and tissue injury. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:1565-76 pubmed publisher..Together these data emphasize that MLKL deficiency rather than RIPK1 inactivation or RIPK3 deficiency must be examined to implicate a role for necroptosis in disease. ..
- Wang L, Zhang S, Cheng H, Lv H, Cheng G, Ci X. Nrf2-mediated liver protection by esculentoside A against acetaminophen toxicity through the AMPK/Akt/GSK3? pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;101:401-412 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that EsA has protective potential against APAP toxicity by potentiating the Nrf2-regulated survival mechanism through the AMPK/Akt/GSK3? pathway. ..
- Chen S, Sun K, Liu B, Zong Z, Zhao Y. The role of glycogen synthase kinase-3Î² (GSK-3Î²) in endometrial carcinoma: A carcinogenesis, progression, prognosis, and target therapy marker. Oncotarget. 2016;7:27538-51 pubmed publisher..GSK-3Î² inhibitor AZD1080 may be an effective drug for treating endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Han L, Liu J, Zhu L, Tan F, Qin Y, Huang H, et al. Free fatty acid can induce cardiac dysfunction and alter insulin signaling pathways in the heart. Lipids Health Dis. 2018;17:185 pubmed publisher..Elevated FFA levels may impair cardiac function and cardiac dysfunction might result from myocardial insulin resistance with significant changes to PI3K-Akt-GLUT4 and AMPK-eNOS signaling pathways with increasing FFA levels. ..
- MartÃn FernÃ¡ndez B, Valero MuÃ±oz M, de las Heras N, Ballesteros S, Lahera V. Relevance of SGK1 in structural, functional and molecular alterations produced by aldosterone in heart. Horm Mol Biol Clin Investig. 2014;18:53-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, data suggest the involvement of SGK1 in a complex intracellular signaling, involving fibrotic, inflammatory, and oxidative pathways, which lead to cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis induced by aldosterone. ..
- Wang D, Zhang Y, Han J, Pan S, Xu N, Feng X, et al. WNK3 Kinase Enhances the Sodium Chloride Cotransporter Expression via an ERK 1/2 Signaling Pathway. Nephron. 2016;133:287-95 pubmed publisher..In addition, knock-down of ERK 1/2 expression reversed WNK3-mediated increase of NCC expression. These results suggest that WNK3 enhances NCC protein expression by increasing NCC synthesis via an ERK 1/2-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Temiz Resitoglu M, Kucukkavruk S, Guden D, Cecen P, Sari A, Tunctan B, et al. Activation of mTOR/I?B-?/NF-?B pathway contributes to LPS-induced hypotension and inflammation in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;802:7-19 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the activation of mTOR/I?B-?/NF-?B pathway associated with vasodilator and proinflammatory mediator formation contributes to LPS-induced hypotension and inflammation. ..
- Wu Z, Liu J, Hu S, Zhu Y, Li S. Serine/Threonine Kinase 35, a Target Gene of STAT3, Regulates the Proliferation and Apoptosis of Osteosarcoma Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;45:808-818 pubmed publisher..These results collectively reveal that STAT3 regulates the transcription of STK35 in osteosarcoma. STK35 may exert an oncogenic role in osteosarcoma. ..
- Sugihara T, Werneburg N, Hernandez M, Yang L, Kabashima A, Hirsova P, et al. YAP Tyrosine Phosphorylation and Nuclear Localization in Cholangiocarcinoma Cells Are Regulated by LCK and Independent of LATS Activity. Mol Cancer Res. 2018;16:1556-1567 pubmed publisher..Finally, dasatinib displayed therapeutic efficacy in PDX models. Mol Cancer Res; 16(10); 1556-67. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Dong D, Jing Y, Liu W, Wang J, Zhao X. The Steroid Hormone 20-Hydroxyecdysone Up-regulates Ste-20 Family Serine/Threonine Kinase Hippo to Induce Programmed Cell Death. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:24738-46 pubmed publisher..In summary, 20E up-regulates the transcription of Hippo via EcRB1, USP1, and HR3 to induce PCD, and Hippo has negative feedback effects on HR3 expression. These two signaling pathways coordinate PCD during insect metamorphosis. ..
- Jaafari Ashkavandi Z, Ashraf M, Abbaspoorfard A. Overexpression of CDC7 in malignant salivary gland tumors correlates with tumor differentiation. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2019;85:144-149 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this protein might be a potential prognostic and therapeutic target for salivary gland tumors. ..
- Abd Ellah A, Voogdt C, Krappmann D, Moller P, Marienfeld R. GSK3β modulates NF-κB activation and RelB degradation through site-specific phosphorylation of BCL10. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1352 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide here evidence for a novel regulatory mechanism by which GSK3β affects NF-κB signalling in activated T cells. ..
- Azevedo G, Cheavegatti Gianotto A, Negri B, Hufnagel B, E Silva L, Magalhaes J, et al. Multiple interval QTL mapping and searching for PSTOL1 homologs associated with root morphology, biomass accumulation and phosphorus content in maize seedlings under low-P. BMC Plant Biol. 2015;15:172 pubmed publisher..Based on the co-localization with QTLs, the protein domain conservation and the coincidence of gene expression, we selected novel maize genes as putative homologs to PSTOL1 that will require further validation studies. ..
- Itoh Y, Higuchi M, Oishi K, Kishi Y, Okazaki T, Sakai H, et al. PDK1-Akt pathway regulates radial neuronal migration and microtubules in the developing mouse neocortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2955-64 pubmed publisher..Our results thus reveal an essential role for the PDK1-Akt pathway in the regulation of a key step of neuronal migration. ..
- Pectasides D, Kotoula V, Papaxoinis G, Alexopoulou Z, Dervenis C, Samantas E, et al. Expression Patterns of Growth and Survival Genes with Prognostic Implications in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6347-6356 pubmed
- Dai W, Miao H, Fang S, Fang T, Chen N, Li M. CDKN3 expression is negatively associated with pathological tumor stage and CDKN3 inhibition promotes cell survival in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:1509-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, CDKN3 expression may reduce the survival of tumor cells and alter the sensitivity to therapeutic agents via the AKT/P53/P21 signaling pathway. Therefore, CDKN3 may be involved in tumor differentiation and self-renewal. ..
- Liu Z, Ge X, Yang Z, Zhang C, Zhao G, Chen E, et al. Genome-wide identification and characterization of SnRK2 gene family in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). BMC Genet. 2017;18:54 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the fundamental information for the functional dissection of GhSnRK2s and vital availability for the improvement of plant stress tolerance using GhSnRK2s. ..
- McElroy S, Winham S, Cuellar Barboza A, Colby C, Ho A, Sicotte H, et al. Bipolar disorder with binge eating behavior: a genome-wide association study implicates PRR5-ARHGAP8. Transl Psychiatry. 2018;8:40 pubmed publisher..The effect of PRR5-ARHGAP8 on BE risk thus warrants further investigation. ..
- Chang K, Wu Y, Chen Y, Fung H, Lee Chen G, Chen C. STK39, But Not BST1, HLA-DQB1, and SPPL2B Polymorphism, Is Associated With Han-Chinese Parkinson's Disease in Taiwan. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1690 pubmed publisher..The ethnic discrepancies of the other 3 genetic variants may indicate a distinct genetic background of neuroinflammation between PD patients in Han-Chinese and Caucasians. ..
- Benko Z, Elder R, Li G, Liang D, Zhao R. HIV-1 Protease in the Fission Yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151286 pubmed publisher..HIV-1 PR-induced cell death in fission yeast could potentially be used as an endpoint for mechanistic studies, and this system could be used for developing a high-throughput system for drug screenings. ..
- Li Z, Zhu W, Xiong L, Yu X, Chen X, Lin Q. Role of high expression levels of STK39 in the growth, migration and invasion of non-small cell type lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:61366-61377 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, overexpression of STK39 in NSCLC cells had inverse effects on cell behaviors. Taken together, STK39 acts as a tumor oncogene in NSCLC and can be a potential biomarker of carcinogenesis. ..
- Zhao B, Liu L, Mao J, Zhang Z, Wang Q, Li Q. PIM1 mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting Smads and c-Myc in the nucleus and potentiates clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma oncogenesis. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:307 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that PIM1 may be a potential therapeutic target for ccRCC patients. ..
- PeÃ±a C, Nakada Y, Saatcioglu H, Aloisio G, Cuevas I, Zhang S, et al. LKB1 loss promotes endometrial cancer progression via CCL2-dependent macrophage recruitment. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:4063-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that CCL2 is a potent effector of LKB1 loss in endometrial cancer, creating potential avenues for therapeutic opportunities. ..
- Roy N, Bordoloi D, Monisha J, Padmavathi G, Kotoky J, Golla R, et al. Specific Targeting of Akt Kinase Isoforms: Taking the Precise Path for Prevention and Treatment of Cancer. Curr Drug Targets. 2017;18:421-435 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the divergent roles of Akt isoforms comprehensively in different cancers and finding their immense prospects as potential targets for cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Campanella N, Scapulatempo Neto C, Abrahão Machado L, Torres de Oliveira A, Berardinelli G, Guimarães D, et al. Lack of microsatellite instability in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5221-5228 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicated that MSI is not involved in GIST tumorigenesis and, therefore, cannot serve as a biomarker to immunotherapy response in GIST...
- Lessard Beaudoin M, Laroche M, Loudghi A, Demers M, Denault J, Grenier G, et al. Organ-specific alteration in caspase expression and STK3 proteolysis during the aging process. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;47:50-62 pubmed publisher..These results further our understanding of the role of caspases and their substrates in the normal aging process and highlight a potential role for STK3 in neurodegeneration. ..
- Masai H, Yang C, Matsumoto S. Mrc1/Claspin: a new role for regulation of origin firing. Curr Genet. 2017;63:813-818 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms for novel regulation of origin firing and its timing through recruitment of Cdc7 to Mrc1/Claspin will be discussed. ..
- Yasuda Onozawa Y, Handa O, Naito Y, Ushiroda C, Suyama Y, Toyokawa Y, et al. Rebamipide upregulates mucin secretion of intestinal goblet cells via Akt phosphorylation. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:8216-8222 pubmed publisher..Overall, Reb increased mucin secretion directly via p?Akt. Reb?increased mucin may act as a strong non?specific barrier against pathogenic stimulants in various intestinal diseases...
- Qu Y, Zhang C, Du E, Wang A, Yang Y, Guo J, et al. Pim-3 is a Critical Risk Factor in Development and Prognosis of Prostate Cancer. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:4254-4260 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Pim-3 expression is an important risk factor for prostate cancer; we are the first team to report Pim-3 as a valuable biomarker in Chinese. ..
- Matsumoto E, Kataoka S, Mukai Y, Sato M, Sato S. Green tea extract intake during lactation modified cardiac macrophage infiltration and AMP-activated protein kinase phosphorylation in weanling rats from undernourished mother during gestation and lactation. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2017;8:178-187 pubmed publisher..However, GTE intake during lactation may suppress macrophage infiltration and restore insulin secretion function via upregulation of AMPK and insulin signaling in weanlings...
- Shiba I, Kouzaki R, Yamada H, Endo Y, Takino T, Sato H, et al. Design and Synthesis of Novel Anti-metastatic Hypoxic Cytotoxin TX-2137 Targeting AKT Kinase. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3877-3883 pubmed..TX-2137 may be a potent lead compound in the development of a novel anti-metastatic AKT kinase inhibitor. ..
- Cheng H, Huang C, Xu X, Hu X, Gong S, Tang G, et al. PIM-1 mRNA expression is a potential prognostic biomarker in acute myeloid leukemia. J Transl Med. 2017;15:179 pubmed publisher..001). In addition, the complete remission rate was significantly lower in the high PIM-1 group (P = 0.0277) after induction therapy. Above results suggest that PIM-1 mRNA levels may be an independent prognostic factor in AML. ..
- Li J, Bao R, Peng S, Zhang C. The molecular mechanism of ovarian granulosa cell tumors. J Ovarian Res. 2018;11:13 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to summarize the possible pathogenic factors and signaling pathways, which may shed lights on developing potential therapeutic targets for GCT. ..
- Rebsamen M, Superti Furga G. SLC38A9: A lysosomal amino acid transporter at the core of the amino acid-sensing machinery that controls MTORC1. Autophagy. 2016;12:1061-2 pubmed publisher..SLC38A9 is the first component of this complex shown to physically engage amino acids, suggesting a role at the core of the amino acid-sensing mechanism. ..
- Shi H, Wang Y, Li X, Zhan X, Tang M, Fina M, et al. NLRP3 activation and mitosis are mutually exclusive events coordinated by NEK7, a new inflammasome component. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:250-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that NEK7 serves as a cellular switch that enforces mutual exclusivity of the inflammasome response and cell division. ..
- Chua M, Lee M, Dominguez I. Cancer-type dependent expression of CK2 transcripts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188854 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data show that the expression levels of CK2 genes is highly variable in cancers and can lead to different patient outcomes...
- Kim H, Zhao Q, Zheng H, Li X, Zhang T, Ma X. A novel crosstalk between TLR4- and NOD2-mediated signaling in the regulation of intestinal inflammation. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12018 pubmed publisher..To restore the impaired homeostasis would be a way forward to developing novel therapeutic strategies for inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Qin X, Gao Z, Huan J, Pan X, Zhu L. Protein kinase D1 inhibits breast cancer cell invasion via regulating matrix metalloproteinase expression. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2015;36:690-3 pubmed..The authors confirmed that PKD1 was downregulated in invasive breast cancer. PKD1 can negatively regulate the MMP expression and may serve as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Fang X, Shen F, Lechauve C, Xu P, Zhao G, Itkow J, et al. miR-144/451 represses the LKB1/AMPK/mTOR pathway to promote red cell precursor survival during recovery from acute anemia. Haematologica. 2018;103:406-416 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-144/451 is a key protector of erythroblasts during pathological states associated with dramatically increased erythropoietic demand, including acute blood loss and hemolytic anemia. ..
- Woolfrey K, Dell Acqua M. Coordination of Protein Phosphorylation and Dephosphorylation in Synaptic Plasticity. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:28604-12 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on coordination of postsynaptic serine/threonine kinase and phosphatase signaling by scaffold proteins during synaptic plasticity. ..
- Stauch K, Villeneuve L, Purnell P, Ottemann B, Emanuel K, Fox H. Loss of Pink1 modulates synaptic mitochondrial bioenergetics in the rat striatum prior to motor symptoms: concomitant complex I respiratory defects and increased complex II-mediated respiration. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2016;10:1205-1217 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Song L, He Y, Ou J, Zhao Y, Li R, Cheng J, et al. Auxilin Underlies Progressive Locomotor Deficits and Dopaminergic Neuron Loss in a Drosophila Model of Parkinson's Disease. Cell Rep. 2017;18:1132-1143 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings decipher a pivotal role for GAK/aux and suggest mechanisms underlying PD. ..
- Paul J, McKeown A, Davis J, Totsch S, Mintz E, Kraft T, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 regulates photic signaling in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Eur J Neurosci. 2017;45:1102-1110 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide strong evidence that GSK3 activation contributes to light-induced phase-resetting at both the neurophysiological and behavioral levels. ..
- Zhou Y, Shi Z, Singh P, Yin H, Yu Y, Li L, et al. Potential Role of Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3β in Regulation of Myocardin Activity in Human Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. J Cell Physiol. 2016;231:393-402 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that inhibition of GSK-3β reduces myocardin transcriptional activity, suggesting a role for GSK-3β in myocardin transcriptional activity and smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Xu Z, Gwin K, Li Y, Medina K. Developmental stage-specific effects of Pim-1 dysregulation on murine bone marrow B cell development. BMC Immunol. 2016;17:16 pubmed publisher..Importantly, these suggest that Pim-1 deficiency does not contribute significantly to the early lymphoid/B cell developmental deficiency in hoxa9-/- or flt3l-/- mice. ..
- Rogel A, Willoughby J, Buchan S, Leonard H, Thirdborough S, Al Shamkhani A. Akt signaling is critical for memory CD8+ T-cell development and tumor immune surveillance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E1178-E1187 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an important role for effector-like memory CD8+ T cells in tumor immune surveillance and identify Akt as a key signaling node in the development of protective memory CD8+ T-cell responses. ..
- Pan Q, Liao X, Liu H, Wang Y, Chen Y, Zhao B, et al. MicroRNA-125a-5p alleviates the deleterious effects of ox-LDL on multiple functions of human brain microvessel endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C119-C130 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-125a-5p could counteract the effects of ox-LDL on various HBMEC functions via regulating the EGFR/ERK/p38 MAPK and PI3K/Akt/eNOS pathways and cleaved caspase-3, ICAM-1, and VCAM-1 expression. ..
- Liu J, Wang L, Du Y, Liu S. An Important Function of Petrosiol E in Inducing the Differentiation of Neuronal Progenitors and in Protecting Them against Oxidative Stress. Adv Sci (Weinh). 2017;4:1700089 pubmed publisher..This study would open an avenue to develop new therapeutics based on Petrosiol compounds to treat neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Davidson P, Koch B, Schnitzler C, Henry J, Martindale M, Baxevanis A, et al. The maternal-zygotic transition and zygotic activation of the Mnemiopsis leidyi genome occurs within the first three cleavage cycles. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;84:1218-1229 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that chromosomal restructuring, which is critical to ZGA and the initiation of transcriptional regulation necessary for normal development, begins by the third cleavage within 1.5?hr post-fertilization in M. leidyi...
- Shinde S, Gangula N, Kavela S, Pandey V, Maddika S. TOPK and PTEN participate in CHFR mediated mitotic checkpoint. Cell Signal. 2013;25:2511-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, TOPK phosphorylates and inactivates PTEN, which in turn activates Akt that leads to proper G2/M progression. Collectively, our results reveal TOPK and PTEN as new players in CHFR mediated mitotic checkpoint. ..
- Popow J, Alleaume A, Curk T, Schwarzl T, Sauer S, Hentze M. FASTKD2 is an RNA-binding protein required for mitochondrial RNA processing and translation. RNA. 2015;21:1873-84 pubmed publisher..This work identifies key aspects of the molecular network of a previously uncharacterized, disease-relevant RNA-binding protein, FASTKD2, by a combination of genomic, molecular, and metabolic analyses. ..
- Sharum I, Granados Aparici S, Warrander F, Tournant F, Fenwick M. Serine threonine kinase receptor associated protein regulates early follicle development in the mouse ovary. Reproduction. 2017;153:221-231 pubmed
- Pickar A, Zengel J, Xu P, Li Z, He B. Mumps Virus Nucleoprotein Enhances Phosphorylation of the Phosphoprotein by Polo-Like Kinase 1. J Virol. 2016;90:1588-98 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that MuV NP affects phosphorylation of P, suggesting that NP can regulate viral RNA synthesis by regulating phosphorylation of P. ..
- Hammad H, Vanderkerken M, Pouliot P, Deswarte K, Toussaint W, Vergote K, et al. Transitional B cells commit to marginal zone B cell fate by Taok3-mediated surface expression of ADAM10. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:313-320 pubmed publisher..Thus, during positive selection in the spleen, BCR signaling causes immature T1 B cells to become receptive to Notch ligands via Taok3-mediated surface expression of ADAM10. ..
- Baik C, Myall N, Wakelee H. Targeting BRAF-Mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: From Molecular Profiling to Rationally Designed Therapy. Oncologist. 2017;22:786-796 pubmed publisher..Optimization of screening strategies for rare mutations and the choice of appropriate agents on an individual basis will be key to providing timely and successful intervention. ..
- Little P, Burch M, Al aryahi S, Zheng W. The paradigm of G protein receptor transactivation: a mechanistic definition and novel example. ScientificWorldJournal. 2011;11:709-14 pubmed publisher..The phenomenon of transactivation is an important biochemical mechanism and potential drug target in multiple diseases. ..
- Li J, Bi L, Shi Z, Sun Y, Lin Y, Shao H, et al. RNA-Seq analysis of non-small cell lung cancer in female never-smokers reveals candidate cancer-associated long non-coding RNAs. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:549-54 pubmed publisher..Lnc-GGPS1, lnc-ZNF793, lnc-STK4, lnc-LOC284440, lnc-PPIEL, and lnc-ZNF461 may be involved in immune response for promoting NSCLC progression via co-expressing with LAT, LIME1, SLA2 and DEFB4A. ..
- Ahamad N, Verma S, Ahmed S. Activation of Checkpoint Kinase Chk1 by Reactive Oxygen Species Resulting from Disruption of wat1/pop3 in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2016;204:1397-1406 pubmed
- Mandai S, Mori T, Sohara E, Rai T, Uchida S. Generation of Hypertension-Associated STK39 Polymorphism Knockin Cell Lines With the Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats/Cas9 System. Hypertension. 2015;66:1199-206 pubmed publisher..Increased interactions between STE20/SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase and the target cation-chloride cotransporters may be responsible for hypertension susceptibility in individuals with this polymorphism. ..
- Lee K, Liao W. Loss of CDKL5 disrupts respiratory function in mice. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2018;248:48-54 pubmed publisher..Therefore, loss of CDKL5 causes breathing deficiency, supporting a CDKL5-mediated regulation of respiratory function in mice. ..
- Pilyugin M, Demmers J, Verrijzer C, Karch F, Moshkin Y. Phosphorylation-mediated control of histone chaperone ASF1 levels by Tousled-like kinases. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8328 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ASF1 cellular levels are tightly controlled by distinct pathways and provide a molecular mechanism for post-translational regulation of dASF1 and hASF1a by TLK kinases. ..
- Nedvetsky P, Zhao X, Mathivet T, Aspalter I, Stanchi F, Metzger R, et al. cAMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) regulates angiogenesis by modulating tip cell behavior in a Notch-independent manner. Development. 2016;143:3582-3590 pubmed..Although these effects of PKA inhibition were highly reminiscent of Notch inhibition effects, our data demonstrate that PKA and Notch independently regulate tip and stalk cell formation and behavior. ..
- Wang L, Yu H, Cheng H, He K, Fang Z, Ge L, et al. Deletion of Stk40 impairs definitive erythropoiesis in the mouse fetal liver. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2722 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the identification of Stk40 as a regulator for fetal erythroid maturation and survival provides new clues to the molecular regulation of erythropoiesis and related diseases. ..