Genomes and Genes
tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Gene Symbol: tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Description: tissue factor pathway inhibitor (lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor)
Alias: EPI, LACI, TFI, TFPI1, anti-convertin, extrinsic pathway inhibitor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Vaccination against typhoid fever: present statusB Ivanoff
WHO Global Programme for Vaccines and Immunization, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 72:957-71. 1994..Before such use, however, they need further evaluation for safety and protective efficacy when administered to the EPI-targeted age groups...
- Anatomical architecture and electrical activity of the heartB Taccardi
Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Acta Cardiol 52:91-105. 1997..and recovery are: the elongated shape of myocardial fibers which is the basis for electrical anisotropy; the epi-endocardial rotation of fiber direction in the ventricular walls; the epi-endocardial obliqueness of the fibers ("..
- Lipoxin A4 and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-lipoxin A4 inhibit human neutrophil migration: comparisons between synthetic 15 epimers in chemotaxis and transmigration with microvessel endothelial cells and epithelial cellsIolanda M Fierro
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:2688-94. 2003..treatment initiates biosynthesis of carbon 15 epimeric LXs, and both series of epimers (LX and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-LX) display counter-regulatory actions with neutrophils...
- The effect of maternal catecholamines on the caliber of gravid uterine microvesselsScott Segal
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 106:888-92, table of contents. 2008Changes in maternal catecholamines that accompany the onset of labor analgesia include a decrease in epinephrine (EPI) but no change in norepinephrine (NE)...
- Release of the lipid peroxidation marker 8-epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha from isolated gill pavement cellsEric G Spokas
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Rider University, Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648 3099, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 27:1569-75. 2008..Baseline levels of 8-epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha (8-epi-PGF2 alpha) were measured by incubating GPCs in physiological buffer (10(6) cells/ml) ..
- Protein and mRNA expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-1 (TFPI-1) in breast, pancreatic and colorectal cancer cellsM A Kurer
Department of Surgery, York District Hospital, Wigginton Road, York, YO31 8HE, UK
Mol Biol Rep 34:221-4. 2007..Our results show that one such factor--Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI-1) is expressed by a number of different cancer cells.
- Comparison of cell-surface TFPIalpha and betaO Piro
Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:2677-83. 2005b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is mainly produced by endothelial cells and alternative mRNA splicing generates two forms, TFPIalpha and TFPIbeta...
- Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) in human breast and colon cancer tissueEwa Sierko
Department of Oncology, Medical University, 12 Ogrodowa St, Bialystok, Poland
Thromb Haemost 103:198-204. 2010..principal initiator of blood coagulation activation in cancer patients is tissue factor (TF), while tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the main inhibitor of the TF-dependent pathway of blood coagulation...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor: structure, biology and involvement in diseaseBashir A Lwaleed
Department of Urology, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Pathol 208:327-39. 2006..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a plasma Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor, which modulates initiations of coagulation ..
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) interferes with endothelial cell migration by inhibition of both the Erk pathway and focal adhesion proteinsMathieu Provençal
Laboratoire de médecine moléculaire Sainte Justine UQAM, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, 3175, chemin Côte Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thromb Haemost 99:576-85. 2008b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a plasma Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor that is mainly known for its inhibition of tissue factor-mediated coagulation...
- The haemostatic role of tissue factor pathway inhibitorJames T B Crawley
Department of Hematology, Imperial College London, 5th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:233-42. 2008..This review article focuses on the major physiological regulator of tissue factor-induced coagulation, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, its expression, anticoagulant function, and its role in normal hemostasis.
- Structure and biology of tissue factor pathway inhibitorM S Bajaj
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, MO, USA
Thromb Haemost 86:959-72. 2001Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a modular protein comprised of three Kunitz type domains flanked by peptide segments that are less structured...
- Polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene and the risk of restenosis after coronary angioplastyD Moatti
INSERM U479, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:317-23. 2001..We investigated a possible relationship between three previously identified polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) gene and restenosis in 443 patients who underwent angioplasty, with or without stent ..
- Functional significance of the Kunitz-type inhibitory domains of lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitorT J Girard
Division of Hematology Oncology, Jewish Hospital, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Nature 338:518-20. 1989..Plasma contains a lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor (LACI) which inhibits activated factor X (Xa) directly and, in a Xa-dependent way, inhibits VII(a)/TF activity, ..
- Amino acid sequence and carbohydrate structure of a recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells: one N-and two O-linked carbohydrate chains are located between Kunitz domains 2 and 3 and one N-linked carbohydY Nakahara
Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute, Kumamoto, Japan
Biochemistry 35:6450-9. 1996Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor is a protease inhibitor with three tandem Kunitz-type inhibitory domains...
- The effect of the synthetic pentasaccharide SR 90107/ORG 31540 on thrombin generation ex vivo is uniquely due to ATIII-mediated neutralization of factor XaJ C Lormeau
Sanofi Recherche, Haemobiology Research Department, Toulouse, France
Thromb Haemost 74:1474-7. 1995..These results demonstrate that following subcutaneous administration to man, SP inhibits TG ex vivo and likely in vivo exclusively through the same selective ATIII-mediated inhibition of factor Xa as the one elicited in vitro...
- Prolonged exercise following diuretic-induced hypohydration effects on fluid and electrolyte hormonesB D Roy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:540-7. 2001..For the catecholamines--norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI)--only NE was higher during exercise with DIU compared to CON (p < 0.05)...
- Effects of angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensin II receptor inhibition on impaired fibrinolysis in systemic hypertensionY Erdem
Department of Nephrology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Hypertens 12:1071-6. 1999..activity, tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) antigen and activity, soluble thrombomodulin (sTM), and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) before and after reaching the target blood pressure (<140/90 mm Hg) in 13 hypertensive ..
- Infant immunization coverage in Italy: estimates by simultaneous EPI cluster surveys of regions. ICONA Study GroupS Salmaso
Infectious Disease Unit, , Rome, Italy
Bull World Health Organ 77:843-51. 1999..study children were born in 1996 and selected from birth registries using the Expanded Programme of Immunization (EPI) cluster sampling technique...
- Safety of immunization injections in Africa: not simply a problem of logisticsM Dicko
World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Harare, Zimbabwe
Bull World Health Organ 78:163-9. 2000..g. sterilizable or disposable syringes) chosen by the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) and those actually seen to be used...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene disruption produces intrauterine lethality in miceZ F Huang
Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 90:944-51. 1997b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a multivalent Kunitz-type proteinase inhibitor that directly inhibits factor Xa and, in a factor Xa-dependent fashion, produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/TF catalytic complex ..
- Pharmacokinetics of anthracyclinesS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:873-6. 1989The plasma pharmacokinetics of the two commonly used anthracyclines doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin have been studied by reversed phase liquid chromatography with photometric detection...
- Sleep deprivation in the rat: XI. The effect of guanethidine-induced sympathetic blockade on the sleep deprivation syndromeJ J Pilcher
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
Sleep 13:218-31. 1990..On the other hand, plasma epinephrine (EPI) levels were significantly increased in GD (but not in GC) rats above those previously seen in TSD rats, suggesting ..
- Fibrinolytic/hemostatic variables in arterial hypertension: response to treatment with irbesartan or atenololT K Makris
Cardiology Department, Laikon General Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
Am J Hypertens 13:783-8. 2000..The plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 antigen, thrombomodulin, tissue factor pathway inhibitor antigen, fibrinogen, and factor XII were determined before and after 6 months of therapy...
- The use of evaluation to improve the Expanded Programme on Immunization in MozambiqueF Cutts
Ministry of Health, Mozambique
Bull World Health Organ 68:199-208. 1990..are the results of an evaluation of process indicators and outputs for the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Mozambique which were used to modify immunization strategies from 1985 to 1987...
- Rapid evaluation methods (REM) of health services performance: methodological observationsM Anker
Division of Epidemiological Surveillance and Health Situation, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 71:15-21. 1993..objectives and using an issue-information matrix, preparation of survey instruments, use of computer software (Epi Info), data quality control, fieldwork, and the use of data to produce useful information for decision-makers...
- Rehabilitation of the expanded programme on immunization in Sudan following a poliomyelitis outbreakH A ElZein
Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan
Bull World Health Organ 76:335-41. 1998..The extent of the outbreak led to the rapid rehabilitation of Sudan's Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI); the government began financing vaccine purchase, operational aspects of EPI were decentralized, vaccine delivery ..
- A pilot clinical trial of postoperative intensive weekly chemotherapy using cisplatin, epi-doxorubicin, 5-fluorouracil, 6S-leucovorin, glutathione and filgrastim in patients with resected gastric cancerF Graziano
Section of Experimental Oncology, Ospedale S. Salvatore, Pesaro, Italy
Tumori 84:368-71. 1998..These data, together with recent results in advanced disease, make this approach of interest for the development of new programs of adjuvant therapy in this setting...
- Evaluation of immunization coverage by lot quality assurance sampling compared with 30-cluster sampling in a primary health centre in IndiaJ Singh
National Institute of Communicable Diseases NICD, Delhi, India
Bull World Health Organ 74:269-74. 1996..sampling (LQAS) and by the 30-cluster sampling method recommended by WHO's Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)...
- Acute plasma volume expansion in the untrained alters the hormonal response to prolonged moderate-intensity exerciseB D Roy
Dept. of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, ON, Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:238-45. 2001..ALD), atrial naturetic peptide (alpha-ANP), and the catecholamines norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI). PVX blunted the increases (p<0.05) in AVP, PRA, ALD, NE and EPI, during the exercise itself...
- Safety, effectiveness and ease of use of a non-reusable syringe in a developing country immunization programmeR Steinglass
Resources for Child Health REACH John Snow, Inc, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Bull World Health Organ 73:57-63. 1995..It could directly replace disposable syringes in expanded programmes on immunization (EPI) in countries where use of unsterile disposable devices occurs or when sterilization is not practical.
- Validation of spot-testing kits to determine iodine content in saltC S Pandav
Clinical Epidemiology Unit CEU, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Bull World Health Organ 78:975-80. 2000..Salt samples from Delhi were collected from 30 schools, chosen using the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) cluster sampling technique. A single observer made the measurement for iodine content using the kit...
- Inhibitory properties of a novel human Kunitz-type protease inhibitor homologous to tissue factor pathway inhibitorL C Petersen
Novo Nordisk A S, Gentofte, Denmark
Biochemistry 35:266-72. 1996..we described the molecular cloning, expression, and partial characterization of a second human tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which we designated as TFPI-2 [Sprecher, C. A., et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A...
- Molecular cloning, expression, and partial characterization of a second human tissue-factor-pathway inhibitorC A Sprecher
ZymoGenetics, Inc, Seattle, WA 98105
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:3353-7. 1994..TFPI-2 at high concentrations weakly inhibited the amidolytic activity of human factor Xa, but had no measurable effect on the amidolytic activity of human thrombin...
- Oral iodine supplementation does not reduce neutralizing antibody responses to oral poliovirus vaccineR E Taffs
Laboratory of Method Development, US Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852 1448, USA
Bull World Health Organ 77:484-91. 1999..oil) during a routine visit for their first dose of OPV as part of the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)...
- Analysis of ligase chain reaction products amplified in a silicon-glass chip using capillary electrophoresisJ Cheng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Chromatogr A 732:151-8. 1996..LIF) detection system for the rapid separation and quantitative detection of LCR products amplified from the lacI gene in a silicon-glass chip. Comparative studies were made with LCR between tubes and silicon-glass chips...
- A prospective comparison of neurogenic mixed evoked potential stimulation methods: utility of epidural elicitation during posterior spinal surgeryT J Wilson Holden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2364-71. 2000..obtain NMEPs was made in all patients by using percutaneous (PERC-NMEP), spinous process (SP-NMEP), and epidural (EPI-NMEP) stimulation. These data were evaluated for reliability, sensitivity, and specificity...
- Surveillance for the Expanded Programme on ImmunizationF T Cutts
Communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 71:633-9. 1993..This review examines the experience of surveillance in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI). Surveillance systems include routine reporting, sentinel surveillance, and community-based reporting...
- Immunization in urban areas: issues and strategiesS J Atkinson
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 72:183-94. 1994..questions: Is there any need to be concerned about urban immunization and, if so, is more of the same kind of rural EPI activity needed or are there specific urban issues that need specific urban strategies? Vaccine-preventable ..
- Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor by endothelial cells and plateletsSusan A Maroney
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Wisconsin, P O Box 2178, Milwaukee, WI 53201 2178, USA
Transfus Apher Sci 38:9-14. 2008b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a potent anticoagulant protein that abrogates the activity of the tissue factor-factor VIIa catalytic complex that activates blood coagulation in vivo...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of mouse tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI)J Y Chang
Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7035, USA
Thromb Haemost 79:306-9. 1998b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) acts to regulate the initiation of coagulation by first inhibiting factor Xa. The complex of factor Xa/TFPI then inhibits the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex...
- Growth environment and personality in adult migraineurs and their migraine-free siblingsB Persson
Department of Psychology, University of Lund, Sweden
Headache 37:159-68. 1997..The study, involving 30 sibling pairs and use of various personality instruments (Eysenck Personality Inventory [EPI], Color Word Test [CWT], Visual Aftereffects [VAE], Meta Contrast Technique [MCT], Cesarec-Marke Personality ..
- A low-cost, community-based measles outbreak investigation with follow-up actionR M Weeks
Save the Children Fund, London, England
Bull World Health Organ 70:317-21. 1992..The Uganda EPI programme and the medical office of the Kampala City Council therefore conducted a community-based investigation, ..
- How important are airfreight rates and vaccine packaging in cost-saving efforts for the Expanded Programme on Immunization?B Schreuder
EPI MCH DANIDA Project, Maputo, Mozambique
Bull World Health Organ 75:315-21. 1997Vaccines constitute the single most important cost factor in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Mozambique and in view of future new disease-control initiatives, the proportional expenditure on vaccines will only increase...
- Alteration of prejunctional alpha 2-adrenergic autoinhibition in DOCA-salt hypertensionP Moreau
, , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 8:287-93. 1995..DOCA-salt hypertensive rats had higher basal norepinephrine levels (NE), as well as increased NE and epinephrine (EPI) responses to a 15-mL/kg hemorrhage as compared to control normotensive rats. In normotensive animals, yohimbine (0...
- Prevalence and severity of dental fluorosis in primary schoolchildren in Nairobi, KenyaJ Valderhaug
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Dental School, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:15-8. 1993..The clinical examination was performed in a room with natural daylight using Thylstrup & Fejerskov's index (TFI)...
- The Kunitz-3 domain of TFPI-alpha is required for protein S-dependent enhancement of factor Xa inhibitionMatthew Ndonwi
Division of Hematology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 116:1344-51. 2010Protein S (PS) enhances the inhibition of factor Xa (FXa) by tissue factor pathway inhibitor-alpha (TFPI-alpha) in the presence of Ca(2+) and phospholipids...
- Intensive weekly chemotherapy for elderly gastric cancer patients, using 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin, epi-doxorubicin, 6S-leucovorin and glutathione with the support of G-CSFS Cascinu
Servizio di Oncologia Medica, Ospedali Riuniti, Pesaro, Italy
Tumori 81:32-5. 1995..v.; epi-doxorubicin, 35 mg/m2 i.v.; 6S-leucovorin, 250 mg/m2 i.v.; 5-fluorouracil, 500 mg/m2 i.v.; and glutathione, 1...
- Cellular effects of heparin on the production and release of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in human endothelial cells in cultureC Lupu
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Weston Centre for Experimental Research, Thrombosis Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:2251-62. 1999b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), the major downregulator of procoagulant activity of the tissue factor-factor VIIa complex (TF. FVIIa), is synthesized and constitutively secreted by endothelial cells (ECs)...
- A vaccination survey using the EPI methodology ot evaluate the impact of a child health outreach programme in an urban area of South AfricaD J Coetzee
Department of Community Health, Medical School, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Bull World Health Organ 71:33-9. 1993..The EPI cluster sampling technique was adapted for this purpose...
- [The early post-operative wound healing mode study of the rabbit cornea after flap-free epiploic laser in-situ keratomileusis]Xi Liu
Ophthalmic Center, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 45:919-25. 2009To evaluate the wound healing mode of rabbit corneal epithelium after Epi-LASIK(epiplolic laser in-situ keratomileusis) and Flap-free Epi-LASIK(Flap-free epiploic laser in-situ keratomileusis).
- The changing age structure of diphtheria patients: evidence for the effectiveness of EPI in the SudanB P Loevinsohn
Expanded Programme on Immunization, Ministry of Health, Sudan
Bull World Health Organ 68:353-7. 1990..It is unlikely that these data are affected by the type of biases that usually plague disease surveillance systems and can therefore be used as a simple way of assessing the effectiveness of the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI).
- Efficacy and tolerability of a new formulation of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules in children aged 7 to 11 years with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and cystic fibrosis: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, two-period crosGavin R Graff
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Clin Ther 32:89-103. 2010..therapy (PERT) is essential for maintaining adequate nutrition in children with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) due to cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- [Effects of anisodamine on microcirculation of the asystole rats during the cardiopulmonary resuscitation]Li Jing Jia
Emergency Department, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:737-9. 2008..To study the effects of anisodamine (Ani) on microcirculation and reperfusion volume of intestine wall in Wistar rats during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for cardiac arrest (CA)...
- [A survey on vaccine efficacy in the city of Bongor (Chad) and its operational consequences for the vaccination program]J C Luthi
, Bruxelles, Belgique
Bull World Health Organ 75:427-33. 1997..2%. After the epidemic, the district management team evaluated the expanded programme on immunization (EPI). Through a cluster survey the attack rate was estimated to be 29.1% (95% confidence interval (CI) = 20.4-37...
- A comprehensive study on hemostasis in CAPD patients treated with erythropoietinJolanta Malyszko
Department of Nephrology and Internal Medicine, Bialystok University School of Medicine, Bialystok, Poland
Perit Dial Int 22:582-92. 2002..Platelets and tissue factor (TF) play a major role in plug formation. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) appears to play a primary role in regulating TF-induced coagulation...
- Post-capillary reaction detection in capillary electrophoresis based on the streptavidin-biotin interaction. Optimization and application to single cell analysisA Feltus
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506-0055, USA
J Chromatogr A 918:381-92. 2001..5 microM detection limit) or by an epi-fluorescence microscope (1 x 10(-7) M detection limit)...
- Disposition of tissue factor pathway inhibitor during cardiopulmonary bypassB S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1011-6. 2006..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the only specific inhibitor of the TF-FVIIa complex, regulating both its procoagulant and ..
- Cisplatin and vinorelbine followed by ifosfamide plus epirubicin vs the opposite sequence in advanced unresectable stage III and metastatic stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer: a prospective randomized study of the Southern Italy Oncology Group (GOIM)G Colucci
, Oncological Institute, Bari, Italy
Br J Cancer 76:1509-17. 1997..more active regimen compared with the non-cisplatin-containing regimen of ifosfamide plus high-dose epirubicin (IFO/EPI)...
- A dynamic balance between ARP-1/COUP-TFII, EAR-3/COUP-TFI, and retinoic acid receptor:retinoid X receptor heterodimers regulates Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cellsE Ben-Shushan
Hubert H Humphrey Center for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 15:1034-48. 1995..results demonstrate that in P19 and RA-treated P19 cells, the orphan receptors ARP-1/COUP-TFII and EAR-3/COUP-TFI repress Oct-3/4 promoter activity through the RAREoct site in a dose-dependent manner...
- Vasorelaxant mechanism of KRN2391 and nicorandil in porcine coronary arteries of different sizesA Miwa
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Gunma, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:632-6. 1993..of KRN2391 and nicorandil were compared with those of nitroglycerin and cromakalim, a K+ channel opener, in epi- and mid-myocardial coronary arteries. 2...
- Safety and tolerability of a new formulation of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules (CREON) in children under seven years of age with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis: an open-label, multicentre, single-treatment-arm studyGavin R Graff
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Drug Investig 30:351-64. 2010Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a deficiency of digestive enzymes caused by diseases such as cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Generation of 8-epiprostaglandin F2alpha by human monocytes. Discriminate production by reactive oxygen species and prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase-2D Pratico
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 271:8919-24. 1996..One of these compounds, 8-epiprostaglandin F2alpha (8-epi-PGF2alpha), is a mitogen and vasoconstrictor...
- Increased thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor and decreased tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with hyperthyroidismCihangir Erem
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, K T Ü Tıp Fakültesi, Ic Hastaliklari Anabilim Dali, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Endocrine 36:473-8. 2009..The levels of plasma thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) antigen and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) have been very rarely investigated in patients with hyperthyroidism...
- Matrix localization of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitor (TFPI-2/MSPI) involves arginine-mediated ionic interactions with heparin and dermatan sulfate: heparin accelerates the activity of TFPI-2/MSPI toward plasY Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 370:112-8. 1999Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 (TFPI-2)/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitor (MSPI), a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor, inhibits plasmin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, plasma kallikrein, cathepsin G, and factor VIIa-tissue ..
- Cisplatin-epirubicin-paclitaxel weekly administration in advanced breast cancer: a phase I study of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology GroupG Frasci
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Tumor Institute, Naples, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 56:239-52. 1999..Weekly administration could result in a substantial improvement in the therapeutic index of cisplatin and paclitaxel. This study was aimed at determining the MTDs of epirubicin and paclitaxel given weekly with a fixed dose of cisplatin...
- Ubc9 interacts with chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor I and represses receptor-dependent transcriptionS Kobayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Mol Endocrinol 32:69-86. 2004..To explore novel transcriptional coregulators for COUP-TFs, we used the COUP-TFI as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen of an adrenocortical adenoma cDNA library...
- Low seroconversion rates to measles vaccine among children in NigeriaF D Adu
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Bull World Health Organ 70:457-60. 1992The Nigerian Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) was assessed with particular reference to measles immunization. Of 150 children who received measles vaccine at the Institute of Child Health, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 82 (54...
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with acute brain ischemia at 3 T: current possibilities and future perspectives comparing conventional echoplanar diffusion-weighted imaging and fast spin echo diffusion-weighted imaging sequences using BLADE (PROPELPeter Fries
Clinic of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Invest Radiol 44:351-9. 2009..DWI) based on a fast spin echo (FSE) sequence using BLADE (PROPELLER) with conventional DWI-echoplanar imaging (EPI) techniques at 3 T and to demonstrate the influence of hardware developments on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) with ..
- Enhancement of lipoprotein lipase activity by tissue factor pathway inhibitorM Mukherjee
Thrombosis Research Institute, Chelsea, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 82:1648-51. 1999The effect of a basic synthetic peptide, representing the C-terminal region of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI - Lys254 - Met276), as well as that of the whole protein, on the activity of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is described...
- HPLC/ESI-MS and NMR analysis of flavonoids and tannins in bioactive extract from leaves of Maytenus ilicifoliaLauro M de Souza
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Parana, CP 19046, CEP 81531 980, Curitiba PR, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:59-67. 2008..the tandem-MS profile with negative detection provided characteristic fragments, such as those found at m/z 543 [(epi)afzelechin-(epi)afzelechin], m/z 561 [(epi)afzelechin-(epi)catechin], and m/z 577 [(epi)catechin-(epi)catechin] or [..
- Open phase II with 5-fluorouracil, 4-epi-doxorubicin and mitomycin C (FEM) in advanced gastric cancerA Roth
Central Institute for Tumors and Allied Diseases, Zagreb, Yugoslavia
Tumori 76:51-3. 1990Forty-four patients with advanced gastric cancer were treated with a combination including 5-fluorouracil, 4-epi-doxorubicin and mitomycin C. 4-Epi-doxorubicin was substituted for adriamycin in MacDonald's original schedule...
- Plasma levels of the three endothelial-specific proteins von Willebrand factor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and thrombomodulin do not predict the development of acute respiratory distress syndromeM S Bajaj
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri, USA
Intensive Care Med 25:1259-66. 1999To determine if the plasma levels of three endothelial-specific proteins, von Willebrand factor (vWF), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) and thrombomodulin (TM) may be useful in predicting the development of acute respiratory ..
- Factor for correcting the ruthenium interference in instrumental neutron activation analysis of barium in uraniferous samplesE Martinho
, , Portugal
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 42:1067-71. 1991..In particular the dependence of the correction factor on the phi epi/phi th ratio is studied. An excellent agreement between experimental and calculated values is achieved...
- Iso- and epi-iso-chlortetracycline and the principal metabolites of chlortetracycline in the hen's eggD G Kennedy
Veterinary Sciences Division, Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK
J Chromatogr A 812:327-37. 1998..residue limit (MRL) in eggs of 200 microgram/kg for the sum of the concentrations of CTC and its 4-epimer (4-epi-CTC) has been established. Two major CTC metabolites have been identified in eggs...
- Oral idarubicin in the treatment of advanced breast cancerL Bastholt
Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 28:893-7. 1989..A phase III comparison of IDA to doxorubicin or epi-doxorubicin is warranted, in order to clarify the role of IDA in the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
- Elevated levels of free tissue factor pathway inhibitor antigen in cases of disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by various underlying diseasesH Asakura
Department of Internal Medicine III, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:1-8. 2001b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is primarily synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is found in vivo in association with endothelial cells, lipoproteins, or in free form...
- [Research on the visual performance and effects of higher order aberration after Epi-LASIK for myopia]Xiao Yan Yang
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 46:197-202. 2010To investigate changes of visual performance and effects of higher order aberration on visual performance after Epi-LASIK for myopia.
- Coronary artery constriction by the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alphaB M Kromer
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London
Br J Pharmacol 119:1276-80. 19961. This study was undertaken to compare the effects of 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alpha (8-epi PGF2 alpha) to those of prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha) and U46619, a thromboxane mimetic, on ovine, bovine and porcine coronary arteries. 2...
- Quantification of heparin-induced TFPI release: a maximum release at low heparin doseMichiel J B Kemme
Centre for Human Drug Research and Gaubius Laboratory TNO PG, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:627-34. 2002Heparin releases tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) from the endothelium and this release may decrease after repeated high dose heparin administration...
- Reduction of factor FVIIa activity during heparin therapy. Evidence for assay interactions with tissue factor pathway inhibitor and antithrombinJ B Hansen
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsøo, Tromsøo, Norway
Thromb Res 100:389-96. 2000..to exert its antithrombotic effects by accelerating the effect of antithrombin (AT) and by mobilizing tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) into the circulation from vascular endothelium...
- Mutation spectrum in the lacI gene, induced by gamma-radiation in aqueous solution under oxic conditionsC A Wijker
Department of Medical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Mutat Res 403:137-47. 1998..influence of the indirect effect on gamma-radiation-induced mutations, a newly constructed plasmid, containing the lacI gene as a target gene, was irradiated with 60Co gamma-radiation in aqueous solution, in the presence of oxygen...
- Pharmacokinetics and central haemodynamic effects of doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin in the pigM Andersson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:709-14. 1989..between the cardiotoxicity and the haemodynamics/pharmacokinetics of clinical concentrations of doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin was studied. Twelve pigs were randomized to receive i.v. infusions of either drug of 50 mg/m2 over 3...
- Decreased anticoagulant response to tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with venous thromboembolism and otherwise no evidence of hereditary or acquired thrombophiliaThomas Bombeli
Coagulation Laboratory, Division of Haematology, University Hospital of Zurich, Sternwartstrasse 14, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 91:80-6. 2004..Based on these results, a reduced response to TFPI may lead to an increased risk of venous thrombosis...
- Population analysis of the pharmacokinetics and the haematological toxicity of the fluorouracil-epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimen in breast cancer patientsM Sandstrom
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:143-56. 2006..covariate relationships and (b) to characterise the relationship between the PK and the haematological toxicity of the component drugs of the fluorouracil (5-FU)-epirubicin (EPI)-cyclophosphamide (CP) regimen in breast cancer patients.
- Naphthylisoquinoline alkaloids exhibit strong growth-inhibiting activities against Plasmodium falciparum and P. berghei in vitro--structure-activity relationships of dioncophylline CG Francois
Laboratorium voor Protozoölogie, Prins Leopold Instituut voor Tropische Geneeskunde, Antwerpen, Belgium
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 90:115-23. 1996..berghei (Anka) were studied in vitro. Three of the alkaloids [7-epi-dioncophylline A (8b), dioncolactone A (4), and 5'-O-demethyl-8-O-methyl-7-epidioncophylline A (11)] displayed good ..
- Efficiency of EPI cluster sampling for assessing diarrhoea and dysentery prevalenceS S Yoon
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Bull World Health Organ 75:417-26. 1997This study examines the efficiency of EPI cluster sampling in assessing the prevalence of diarrhoea and dysentery. A computer was used to simulate fieldwork carried out by a survey taker...
- The human thromboxane A2 receptor alpha isoform (TP alpha) functionally couples to the G proteins Gq and G11 in vivo and is activated by the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alphaB T Kinsella
Department of Biochemistry, University College Dublin, Ireland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 281:957-64. 1997..Second, we wished to examine the possible interaction of the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alpha with the TP alpha, in transfected HEK 293 cells and with the TPs expressed in platelets...
- Anthracyclines in non-small-cell lung cancer: do they have a therapeutic role?A Martoni
Division of Medical Oncology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 10:S19-23. 1999..Its analogue, epirubicin (EPI), has also shown a poor antitumor activity in the treatment of NSCLC when used at 'standard' doses (= 90 mg/m2)...
- A comparison of three methods of pain control for posterior spinal fusions in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisTodd A Milbrandt
Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1499-503. 2009..Retrospective cohort study...
- Increased plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, decreased tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and unchanged thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismCihangir Erem
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 160:863-8. 2009..Little is known about hemostatic features of patients with PHPT. To our knowledge, plasma tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) and thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) levels in these patints have not been ..
- Diagnostic utility of aberrant methylation of tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 in pure pancreatic juice for pancreatic carcinomaPeihong Jiang
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:1267-73. 2006The tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 (TFPI-2) is a Kunitz-type serine proteinase inhibitor. Recently, the aberrant methylation of TFPI-2 was detected frequently in pancreatic carcinoma (PCa) tissues but not in normal pancreatic tissues...
- Barriers to universal child immunization in rural Senegal 5 years after the accelerated Expanded Programme on ImmunizationA Desgrées du Lou
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Biologique URA 49 du CNRS, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
Bull World Health Organ 72:751-9. 1994Although the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) has been a worldwide success, weak points remain, particularly in Africa...
- Response to long-term enzyme replacement treatment in dogs with exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyM E Wiberg
Department of Clinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Am Vet Med Assoc 213:86-90. 1998To study response to long-term enzyme replacement treatment in dogs with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI).
- Antiaggregatory activity of 8-epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha and other F-series prostanoids and their binding to thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptors in human plateletsK Yin
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 270:1192-6. 19948-Epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha (8-epi-PGF 2 alpha) is a nonenzymatic, free radical-catalyzed peroxidation product of arachidonic acid that has potent biological activity, including contraction of vasculature and inhibition of aggregation ..
- The rat model in the comparative evaluation of anthracyclines cardiotoxicityE Lanza
Istituto di Farmacologia, , Italy
Tumori 75:533-6. 1989In the present investigation, the cardiotoxic effects of three anthracycline analogs (doxorubicin, 4'-epi-doxorubicin and 4'-deoxy-doxorubicin) were compared. For this purpose, 9...
- Epirubicin exhibits potent anti-tumor activity in an animal model of malignant glioma when administered via controlled-release polymersViolette Renard Recinos
Hunterian Neurosurgical Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Neurooncol 97:1-10. 2010Epirubicin (EPI) has strong cytotoxic activity that makes it a potential candidate for the treatment of malignant gliomas...
- Comparison of two indices of dental fluorosis in low, moderate and high fluorosis Tanzanian populationsL Mabelya
Department of Community and Preventive Dentistry, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 22:415-20. 1994This study aimed at comparing the Thylstrup-Fejerskov index (TFI) and the Dean's Index (DI) which were applied on three communities with different severity of dental fluorosis...
- Abdominal positioning interneurons in crayfish: participation in behavioral actsB F Murphy
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712
J Comp Physiol A 165:461-70. 1989..was evoked then the cell was classified as a flexion-producing interneuron (FPI), extension-producing interneuron (EPI) or mixed output interneuron (MOI)...
- Increased risk of gestational vascular complications in women with low free tissue factor pathway inhibitor plasma levels out of pregnancyAntoine Ittel
Department of Haematology, North University Hospital, Marseille, France
Thromb Haemost 105:66-71. 2011b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) plays a crucial role in haemostasis by regulating TF-induced initiation of coagulation...
- Ubc9 and Protein Inhibitor of Activated STAT 1 Activate Chicken Ovalbumin Upstream Promoter-Transcription Factor I-mediated Human CYP11B2 Gene TranscriptionIsao Kurihara
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:6721-30. 2005..Using an electrophoretic mobility shift assay, we demonstrate that COUP-TFI binds to the -129/-114 element (Ad5) of human CYP11B2 promoter...
- BLOOD COAGULATION HOMEOSTASIS--REGULATION OF TFPIAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1999..One key regulatory inhibitor of coagulation is tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex...
- Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Binding Proteins on EndoALAN MAST; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) rapidly inhibits both factor Xa and the factor VIIa/tissue factor catalytic complex. Thus, it is thought to be the most important inhibitor of the initiation of blood coagulation...
- BLOOD COAGULATION HOMESTASIS: REGULATION OF TFPIAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..One key regulatory inhibitor of coagulation is tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex and directly ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF NORMAL & ABNORMAL VARIANTS OF FACTOR IXS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 1993..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) consists of three kunitz-type domains...
- FACTOR X ACTIVATION BY THE EXTRINSIC PATHWAYSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2000..state and rapid kinetic measurements will be used to examine the regulation of factor Xa formation by Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI)...
- Molecular Recognition in Factor VIIa Induced CoagulationS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, factor VIIa has virtually no enzymatic activity prior to its complexation with TF. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) contains two functional Kunitz domains (K1 and K2) and it first inhibits factor Xa via its K2 ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ARTERIAL THROMBOSISRobert Simari; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), a Kunitz-type serine-protease inhibitor, uniquely modifies the coagulation cascade in vivo by ..
- TFPI ALPHA AND TFPI BETAGeorge Broze; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) produces factor Xa (FXa)-dependent feedback inhibition of factor VIIa/tissue factor (FVIIa/TF)-induced coagulation. In humans, TFPI is expressed as two isoforms...
- FACTOR X ACTIVATION BY THE EXTRINSIC PATHWAYSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose that the mechanism underlying the function of Xa-"activated" inhibitors of Xase, such as tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), derives from the ability of the inhibitor to bind Xa, which in turn can interact with Xase, ..
- INITIATION AND REGULATION OF BLOOD COAGULATIONVIJAYA LELLA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, which specific amino acid side chains in VIIa and TF are involved in the recognition of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) and the cell biology of VIIa/TF remain unknown...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ARTERIAL THROMBOSISRobert Simari; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have focused on tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) as the major physiologic inhibitor of TF...
- Enhancing tumor uptake of chemotherapeutics by novel heparin-derived compoundsPATRICIA PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2006..of heparin to angiogenic growth factors; modulation of tissue factor via the enhanced endothelial tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) release; and inhibition of various matrix-degrading enzymes...
- Association of tissue factor pathway inhibitor with endotheliumAlan E Mast; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) is an endothelial- associated anticoagulant protein that directly inhibits the Tissue Factor-factor VIIa (TF-fVIIa) catalytic complex preventing intravascular thrombosis, disseminated ..
- Association of tissue factor pathway inhibitor with endotheliumALAN MAST; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) is an endothelial- associated anticoagulant protein that directly inhibits the Tissue Factor-factor VIIa (TF-fVIIa) catalytic complex preventing intravascular thrombosis, disseminated intravascular ..
- Antithrombotic Gene TherapyPierre Zoldhelyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The hypothesis driving this" work is that gene transfer of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) to mechanically damaged atherosclerotic arteries and to vein grafts will suppress the ..
- Tissue Factor, Flow, and Platelet Adhesion/Aggregation on Activated EndotheliumERIC FRANKLIN GRABOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies promise to clarify the potential of treatments for HUS directed at blocking the above adhesive molecules and vessel wall tissue factor. ..
- TFPIalpha and TFPIbetaGeorge Broze; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the in vivo inhibitor of factor VIIa/tissue factor-induced coagulation and, as such, plays a critical physiologic role in regulating the coagulant and inflammatory effects of factor VIIa/tissue ..
- Biosynthesis of Microbial IsoprenoidsDavid E Cane; Fiscal Year: 2010..a large number of cyclic sesquiterpenes, including pentalenene, germacradienol, and the newly discovered compound epi-isozizaene, as well as the metabolic conversion of these compounds to metabolites such as the antibiotic ..