Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tip60
Description: K(lysine) acetyltransferase 5
Alias: ESA1, HTATIP, HTATIP1, PLIP, TIP, TIP60, ZC2HC5, cPLA2, 60 kDa Tat-interactive protein, HIV-1 Tat interactive protein, 60kDa, K-acetyltransferase 5, Tat interacting protein, 60kDa, cPLA(2)-interacting protein, cPLA2 interacting protein, histone acetyltransferase HTATIP, histone acetyltransferase KAT5
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Head-column field-amplified sample stacking in presence of siphoning. Application to capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry of opioids in urineA B Wey
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 924:507-18. 2001..CE) with head-column field-amplified sample stacking (FASS) in presence of a water plug inserted at the capillary tip is a robust approach providing a more than 1000-fold sensitivity enhancement when applied to low-conductivity ..
- A role for the Tip60 histone acetyltransferase in the acetylation and activation of ATMYingli Sun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13182-7. 2005..Here, we demonstrate that DNA damage induces the rapid acetylation of ATM. This acetylation depends on the Tip60 histone acetyltransferase (HAT)...
- Cellular functions of TIP60Vasileia Sapountzi
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Paul O Gorman Building, Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:1496-509. 2006b>TIP60 was originally identified as a cellular acetyltransferase protein that interacts with HIV-1 Tat. As a consequence, the role of TIP60 in transcriptional regulation has been investigated intensively...
- Tip60 and histone deacetylase 1 regulate androgen receptor activity through changes to the acetylation status of the receptorLuke Gaughan
Prostate Research Group, School of Surgical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:25904-13. 2002..We have previously shown that Tip60 (Tat-interactive protein, 60 kDa) is a bona fide co-activator protein for the AR...
- The SANT domain of p400 ATPase represses acetyltransferase activity and coactivator function of TIP60 in basal p21 gene expressionJeong Hyeon Park
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2750-61. 2010The TIP60 histone acetyltransferase plays diverse roles in DNA damage responses, DNA double-strand break repair, and transcriptional regulation...
- The acetyltransferase 60 kDa trans-acting regulatory protein of HIV type 1-interacting protein (Tip60) interacts with the translocation E26 transforming-specific leukaemia gene (TEL) and functions as a transcriptional co-repressorIver Nordentoft
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, C F Møllers Allé 130, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Biochem J 374:165-73. 2003..Among the interacting partners, we identified the histone acetyltransferase protein Tip60 [60 kDa trans-acting regulatory protein of HIV type 1 (Tat)-interacting protein]...
- The p400 complex is an essential E1A transformation targetM Fuchs
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Cell 106:297-307. 2001..Furthermore, E1A and c-myc each alter the subunit composition of p400 complexes, implying that physiological p400 complex formation contributes to transformation suppression...
- The adipogenic acetyltransferase Tip60 targets activation function 1 of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gammaOlivier Van Beekum
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, University Medical Center Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 149:1840-9. 2008..Here we identify the HIV-1 Tat-interacting protein 60 (Tip60) as a novel positive regulator of PPARgamma transcriptional activity...
- Identification of an alternatively spliced form of the Tat interactive protein (Tip60), Tip60(beta)Q Ran
Baylor College of Medicine, The Huffington Center on Aging, 1 Baylor Plaza, M320, N803, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gene 258:141-6. 2000b>Tip60 was originally isolated as a Tat interactive protein. It was subsequently shown that Tip60 had histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity...
- A large-scale RNAi screen in human cells identifies new components of the p53 pathwayKatrien Berns
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 428:431-7. 2004..Furthermore, we describe siRNA bar-code screens to rapidly identify individual siRNA vectors associated with a specific phenotype. These new tools will greatly facilitate large-scale loss-of-function genetic screens in mammalian cells...
- PLIP, a novel splice variant of Tip60, interacts with group IV cytosolic phospholipase A(2), induces apoptosis, and potentiates prostaglandin productionA M Sheridan
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:4470-81. 2001..We have identified a nuclear protein, cPLA(2)-interacting protein (PLIP), a splice variant of human Tip60, which interacts with the amino terminal region of cPLA(2)...
- Tip60 promotes prostate cancer cell proliferation by translocation of androgen receptor into the nucleusMasaki Shiota
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Prostate 70:540-54. 2010..CRPC which is resistant to castration is thought to result from increased activation of the androgen/androgen receptor (AR) signaling pathway, which may be augmented by AR coactivators...
- Novel substrate specificity of the histone acetyltransferase activity of HIV-1-Tat interactive protein Tip60T Yamamoto
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Department of Cellular Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:30595-8. 1997b>Tip60, originally isolated as an HIV-1-Tat interactive protein, contains an evolutionarily conserved domain with yeast silencing factors...
- Involvement of the TIP60 histone acetylase complex in DNA repair and apoptosisT Ikura
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 102:463-73. 2000..Here, we present evidence for novel roles of histone acetylases. The TIP60 histone acetylase purifies as a multimeric protein complex...
- Tip60 is a haplo-insufficient tumour suppressor required for an oncogene-induced DNA damage responseChiara Gorrini
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology IEO, IFOM IEO Campus, Milan 20139, Italy
Nature 448:1063-7. 2007..Using E(mu)-myc transgenic mice that are heterozygous for a Tip60 gene (Htatip) knockout allele (hereafter denoted as Tip60+/- mice), we show that Tip60 counteracts Myc-induced lymphomagenesis ..
- The c-MYC oncoprotein is a substrate of the acetyltransferases hGCN5/PCAF and TIP60Jagruti H Patel
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:10826-34. 2004..on the recruitment of cofactor complexes containing the histone acetyltransferases mammalian GCN5 (mGCN5)/PCAF and TIP60. In addition to acetylating histones, these enzymes have been shown to acetylate other proteins involved in ..
- Identification of a cellular protein that specifically interacts with the essential cysteine region of the HIV-1 Tat transactivatorJ Kamine
Institute for Molecular Virology, St Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63110, USA
Virology 216:357-66. 1996..identified the full-length cDNA for the Tat binding protein and shown that overexpression of the encoded protein, Tip60 (Tat interactive protein, 60 kDa), results in a fourfold augmentation of Tat transactivation of the HIV-1 promoter ..
- MYC recruits the TIP60 histone acetyltransferase complex to chromatinScott R Frank
DNAX Research Institute, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
EMBO Rep 4:575-80. 2003..MYC associates with TRRAP, a subunit of distinct macromolecular complexes that contain the HATs GCN5/PCAF or TIP60. Although the association of MYC with GCN5 has been shown, its interaction with TIP60 has never been analysed...
- Identification of a larger form of the histone acetyl transferase Tip60Gaelle Legube
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, UMR 5099 CNRS, Institut d Exploration Fonctionnelle des Génomes, IFR 109 CNRS, 118, route de Narbonne, 31 062, Toulouse Cedex, France
Gene 310:161-8. 2003The histone acetyl transferase Tat interactive protein 60kD (Tip60) plays major roles in the cellular response to extra- or intra-cellular signalling...
- Tip60 histone acetyltransferase acts as a negative regulator of Notch1 signaling by means of acetylationMi Yeon Kim
Hormonre Research Center, School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Yongbong Dong, Buk Ku, Gwangju 500 757, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 27:6506-19. 2007..In our present study, we provide evidence that UV irradiation-induced Tip60 proteins reduced Notch1 activity to a marked degree...
- Control of the histone-acetyltransferase activity of Tip60 by the HIV-1 transactivator protein, TatM Creaven
Equipe de Chromatine et Expression des Génes, Equipe d Assemblage et Régulation de l Appareil Génétique, Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de la Différenciation, INSERM U309, France
Biochemistry 38:8826-30. 1999b>Tip60, a cellular histone-acetyltransferase, is known to interact with the HIV-1-encoded transactivator protein, Tat...
- The FATC domains of PIKK proteins are functionally equivalent and participate in the Tip60-dependent activation of DNA-PKcs and ATMXiaofeng Jiang
Division of Genomic Stability and DNA Repair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15741-6. 2006..The FATC domain of ATM mediates the interaction between ATM and Tip60, a histone acetyltransferase that regulates activation of ATM...
- Tip60 and p400 are both required for UV-induced apoptosis but play antagonistic roles in cell cycle progressionSandrine Tyteca
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire Eucaryote LBME, UMR 5099 CNRS Université Paul Sabatier, Institut d Exploration Fonctionnelle des Génomes IEFG, Toulouse, France
EMBO J 25:1680-9. 2006The histone acetyl transferase Tip60 (HTATIP) belongs to a multimolecular complex involved in the cellular response to DNA damage...
- Histone acetylation by Trrap-Tip60 modulates loading of repair proteins and repair of DNA double-strand breaksRabih Murr
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69008 Lyon, France
Nat Cell Biol 8:91-9. 2006..Here, we show that the HAT cofactor Trrap and Tip60 HAT bind to the chromatin surrounding sites of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) in vivo...
- Evidence for the interaction of the regulatory protein Ki-1/57 with p53 and its interacting proteinsFlavia C Nery
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, C P 6192, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:847-55. 2006..Furthermore, we found that the phosphorylation of p53 by PKC abolishes its interaction with Ki-1/57 in vitro...
- HIV-1 Tat targets Tip60 to impair the apoptotic cell response to genotoxic stressesEdwige Col
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de la Différenciation, INSERM U309, Equipe chromatine et expression des gènes, Institut Albert Bonniot, Faculte de Medecine, Domaine de la Merci, La Tronche, France
EMBO J 24:2634-45. 2005..Although Tip60 was the first HAT identified to interact with Tat, the biological significance of this interaction has remained ..
- Role of the histone acetyl transferase Tip60 in the p53 pathwayGaelle Legube
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, UMR 5099, CNRS and Université Paul Sabatier, IEFG IFR 109, 118 route de Narbonne, Universite Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 279:44825-33. 2004The histone acetyl transferase Tip60 (HTATIP) shares many properties with the tumor suppressor p53 (TP53)...
- Tip60 is a cell-type-specific transcriptional regulatorF Hlubek
Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstr 8 10, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biochem 129:635-41. 2001b>Tip60 was originally identified as cellular HIV-Tat interacting protein and has been shown to augment Tat-dependent transcription...
- The highly conserved and multifunctional NuA4 HAT complexYannick Doyon
Laval University Cancer Research Center, Hôtel Dieu de Québec CHUQ, 9 McMahon Street, Quebec City, Qc G1R 2J6 Canada
Curr Opin Genet Dev 14:147-54. 2004..Recent studies presented here have established its remarkable structural conservation from yeast to human cells and contributed to the understanding of its diverse functions...
- Dual regulation of c-Myc by p300 via acetylation-dependent control of Myc protein turnover and coactivation of Myc-induced transcriptionFrancesco Faiola
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10220-34. 2005..activation domain (TAD) that recruits cofactor complexes containing the histone acetyltransferases (HATs) GCN5 and Tip60. Here, we report a novel functional interaction between Myc TAD and the p300 coactivator-acetyltransferase...
- Tip60 is targeted to proteasome-mediated degradation by Mdm2 and accumulates after UV irradiationGaelle Legube
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, CNRS UMR 5099, 118 route de Narbonne, Universite Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse, France
EMBO J 21:1704-12. 2002..Here, we show that the HAT Tip60, which is involved in DNA repair and apoptosis following gamma irradiation, is subjected to proteasome-dependent ..
- Tip60 inhibits activation of CREB protein by protein kinase AS Gavaravarapu
Infectious Diseases Section, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 269:758-66. 2000We have previously identified a cDNA encoding a cellular protein, Tip60 (Tat interactive protein, 60 kDa), that specifically interacts with the Tat (transactivating transcriptional regulator) protein of the human immunodeficiency virus-1 ..
- Tip60 acetylates six lysines of a specific class in core histones in vitroA Kimura
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Genes Cells 3:789-800. 1998b>Tip60, an HIV-1-Tat interactive protein, is a nuclear histone acetyltransferase (HAT) with unique histone substrate specificity...
- In vitro acetylation of HMGB-1 and -2 proteins by CBP: the role of the acidic tailEvdokia Pasheva
Institute of Molecular Biology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Biochemistry 43:2935-40. 2004Histone acetyltransferases CBP, PCAF, and Tip60 have been tested for their ability to in vitro acetylate HMGB-1 and -2 proteins and their truncated forms lacking the C-terminal tail...
- von Hippel-Lindau partner Jade-1 is a transcriptional co-activator associated with histone acetyltransferase activityMaria V Panchenko
Department of Medicine, Sections of Nephrology and Hematology Oncology, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 279:56032-41. 2004..In addition, we demonstrated that TIP60, a known HAT with histone H4/H2A specificity, physically associates with Jade-1 and is able to augment Jade-1 HAT ..
- Tip60 is a co-repressor for STAT3Hui Xiao
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11197-204. 2003b>Tip60 (Tat-interactive protein, 60 kDa), a cellular protein with intrinsic histone acetyltransferase activity, is involved in DNA damage repair and apoptosis...
- p14ARF activates a Tip60-dependent and p53-independent ATM/ATR/CHK pathway in response to genotoxic stressBeatrice Eymin
Groupe de Recherche sur le Cancer du Poumon, INSERM U578, Institut Albert Bonniot, 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 26:4339-50. 2006..signaling pathways contributes to this G2 checkpoint and highlight the interrelated roles of p14ARF and the Tip60 protein in the initiation of this DNA damage-signaling cascade...
- Signal transduction in esophageal and LES circular muscle contractionK M Harnett
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence 02903, USA
Yale J Biol Med 72:153-68. 1999..C (PC-PLC), phospholipase D (PLD), and the high molecular weight (85 kDa) cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) to induce phosphatidylcholine (PC) metabolism, production of diacylglycerol (DAG) and arachidonic acid (AA), ..
- Histone acetylation at promoters is differentially affected by specific activators and repressorsJ Deckert
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2726-35. 2001..We speculate that the activator-specific decrease in histone H4 acetylation is due to blocking the access or function of an H4-specific histone acetylase such as Esa1.
- Prevention of compartment syndrome in dorsal root ganglia caused by exposure to nucleus pulposusS Yabuki
Department of Anesthesiology and Pathology Neuropathology, VA Medical Center and the University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:870-5. 2001..Endoneurial fluid pressure was recorded with a servo-null micropipette system using glass micropipettes with tip diameters of 4 microm...
- Acute effects of nucleus pulposus on blood flow and endoneurial fluid pressure in rat dorsal root gangliaS Yabuki
Department Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical College, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2517-23. 1998..Endoneurial fluid pressures were recorded with a servonull micropipette system using glass micropipettes with tip diameters of 4 microns...
- [Bacteremia with Acinetobacter species--clinicopathological characteristics of 27 cases]I Kurosu
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:895-902. 1995..Nine cases became afebrile after the removal of the catheter and A. anitratus was isolated from the catheter tip in four cases. Heparin was administered through the catheter in 7 cases. Formerly Acinetobacter spp...
- [A clinical investigation of bacteremia for the past ten years at the Second Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University Hospital]H Maezawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:820-6. 1998..All of the subjects who had a positive reaction to blood culture or catheter tip culture were investigated for their basic disease, complications, and detected bacteria...
- [Comparative computerized tomography cephalometric and pharyngometric studies of patients with severe and mild sleep apnea, and in a control group]J Bolitschek
Pneumologische Abteilung, K.H. Elisabethinen, Linz
Pneumologie 47:757-60. 1993..the pharynx was measured; other measured sites were the areas of the nasopharynx, oropharynx (at the level of the tip of the palatine uvula) and of the hypopharynx (at the level of the base of the tongue)...
- Spontaneous arousals during quiet sleep in piglets: a visual and wavelet-based analysisB BuSha
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Sleep 24:499-513. 2001..instrumented with a femoral arterial line, EEG, EOG, EMG electrodes, and a micro-dialysis probe with its tip located in the rostral ventral medulla...
- TIP 1, a cold shock-inducible gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK Kondo
Department of Biochemistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 5635
J Biol Chem 266:17537-44. 1991..Surprisingly, its expression was also induced by heat shock, and thus the gene was designated TIP 1 (temperature shock-inducible protein gene)...
- Dissolution rate of hen egg-white lysozyme crystal under microgravityN Niimura
Advanced Science Research Center, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute, Ibaraki Ken, Japan
Biol Sci Space 15:S176. 2001..Dissolution of the crystal was started by extruding the unsaturated solutions onto the syringe tip with the crystal. The crystal dissoluted in 40 ml droplets that are extruded from syringes...
- Molecular genetics of root gravitropism and waving in Arabidopsis thalianaJ Sedbrook
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 11:71-8. 1998..This reflects their ability to sense the gravity vector and to position their tip parallel to it (gravitropism)...
- Determination of tobacco alkaloids in single plant cells by capillary electrophoresisH Lochmann
Department of Chemistry, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
J Chromatogr A 917:311-7. 2001..The results indicate a gradient of nicotine from the leaf base to the tip with higher concentrations present in the cells at the tip...
- The effects of soft segment structure on the fatigue crack propagation of model polyurethanesH J Kim
Department of Material Science and Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37966-2200
Biomed Mater Eng 4:171-85. 1994..In addition the orientation behavior at the crack tip was characterized by IR dichroism technique using a polarized FT-IR microscope...
- Pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect: a case for central venous pressure and oxygen saturation monitoringB M Weiss
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Yale J Biol Med 71:15-21. 1998..Invasive arterial and central venous (CVP) pressure, pulse oximetric oxygen saturation (SpO2), and (from the tip of oximetric central venous catheter) central venous oxygen saturation (ScvO2) and oxygen extraction rate (ExO2) ..
- Comparison of cephalometric analysis with ethnicity in obstructive sleep apnea syndromeM J Will
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort San Houston, Texas 78234, USA
Sleep 18:873-5. 1995..SNB (ANB), perpendicular distance from gonion to gnathion to hyoid (MP-H), distance from posterior nasal spine to tip of soft palate (PNS-P) and posterior airway space (PAS)] commonly used in the evaluation of OSAS patients were ..
- Wrist arthroplasty with a new generation of prostheses in patients with rheumatoid arthritisS Radmer
Department of Rheumatic Surgery, Immanuel Hospital, Berlin, Germany
J Hand Surg Am 24:935-43. 1999..articular surface inclination of 10 degrees toward the ulna, and the carpal component, which is anchored with its tip in the distal carpal bones and third metacarpal bone, has a double articular surface with a radial inclination of ..
- [Subtype and sequence analysis of the C2-V3 region of gp120 genes among human immunodeficiency virus infected IDUs in Ruili epidemic area of Yunnan Province of China]Y Guan
Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100052
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:8-12. 1997..The analysis of V3 loop amino sequence of 12 subtype B HIV-1 reveals that V3-tip motif of 6 samples (50%) is GPGQ and that of 3 samples (25%) is GPGR...
- Intense peripheral electrical stimulation differentially inhibits tail vs. limb withdrawal reflexes in the ratV V Romita
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Brain Res 720:45-53. 1996..Withdrawal was evoked by application of noxious radiant heat to the tip of the tail or to the plantar surface of a hindpaw or forepaw...
- Measurement of phenols on a loop-supported liquid film by micellar electrokinetic chromatography and direct UV detectionS Kar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409-1061, USA
J Chromatogr A 739:379-87. 1996..D.) is formed with 100 mm Pt-wire at the sampling end of a fused-silica capillary. The capillary tip of the sampling end is present at the center of the loop and in the same plane. A thin film of 0...
- Using capillary electrophoresis to study the chemical conditions within cracks in aluminum alloysK R Cooper
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903, USA
J Chromatogr A 850:381-9. 1999..of the crack solutions in EAC-susceptible material revealed high levels of Al3+, Mg2+, Zn2+, and Cl- near the crack tip. Cations arise from the anodic dissolution of the alloy, whereas chloride ingress from the external environment ..
- Atlantoaxial instability in Lesch-Nyhan syndromeP C Shewell
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:757-62. 1996..Radiology including computed tomography scanning showed fracture of the tip of the odontoid and forward subluxation of the atlas. He was treated with a C1-C2 Gallie fusion...
- [A new method of laser angioplasty by contact sapphire: preliminary results. Apropos of 20 cases]J L Fourrier
Service de cardiologie B, , France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:253-8. 1988We report our first 20 cases of peripheral laser angioplasty using an optic fibre with contact sapphire tip. The equipment included a teflon catheter on which was screwed a round sapphire 2.2 mm in diameter...
- Contraction and relaxation of upper airway muscles during expiratory application of negative pressure at the mouthA Sanna
Pulmonary Laboratory and Division, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Sleep 17:220-5. 1994..Supraglottic pressure (Psg) was measured with a catheter with the tip at the supraglottic level...
- Postoperative pain control after lumbar spine fusion. Patient-controlled analgesia versus continuous epidural analgesiaB E Cohen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1892-6; discussion 1896-7. 1997..However, possible technical limitations (namely, the low dosage of bupivacaine and placement of the catheter tip) may have prevented adequate delivery of anesthetic to the involved segments...
- Structural basis for recognition of the translocated intimin receptor (Tir) by intimin from enteropathogenic Escherichia coliM Batchelor
Department of Biochemistry and Centre for Structural Biology, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2AZ, UK
EMBO J 19:2452-64. 2000..rod of immunoglobulin domains extending from the bacterium surface, conveying a highly accessible 'adhesive tip' to the target cell...
- [Results of pulsed laser angioplasty of peripheral arteries guided by spectroscopy]H Geschwind
Service d'explorations fonctionnelles et INSERM U2, CHU Henri-Mondor,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1837-43. 1991..The therapeutic laser was only activated when atheromatous tissue was in contact with the distal tip of the fiber optic. After vaporizing a narrow pilot channel conventional balloon angioplasty was performed...
- Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome with pili canaliculiF Camacho
Department of Medico-Surgical Dermatology, Sevilla, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 10:54-7. 1993..ectodermal dysplasia, cleft lip and palate, midfacial hypoplasia with narrow nose from the nasal bridge to the tip, narrow dysplastic nails, and conical teeth and hypodontia, and hypospadias and hypoplastic uvula in the boy...
- Brachial plexus anesthesia: an analysis of optionsD L Brown
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55901
Yale J Biol Med 66:415-31. 1993..The final needle tip position with this block is potentially near the centroneuraxis and arteries perfusing the brain, thus careful ..
- Biomechanics of the thumb flexor pulley systemA G Zissimos
Department of Orthopaedics, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817
J Hand Surg Am 19:475-9. 1994..Each forearm was mounted to a dynamic testing apparatus, and an 815 g load was applied at the thumb tip. The flexor pollicus longus tendon was attached to a force transducer and computer-driven stepper motor, and ..
- Neural correlates of habituation of the proleg withdrawal reflex in larvae of the hawk moth, Manduca sextaE R Wood
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 1254, USA
J Comp Physiol A 180:639-57. 1997..This reflex is evoked by deflecting one or more mechanosensory planta hairs on a proleg tip. We examined neural correlates of habituation in an isolated proleg preparation consisting of one proleg and its ..
- [Primary results of laser recanalization in the endovascular treatment of arterial stenosis and occlusion of the lower limbs. Apropos of 45 treated cases]V Poyen
Service de cardiologie, , Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1537-41. 1991..The use of thermal laser with hybrid catheters (metallic window tip) in endovascular procedures is a safe and effective method of treating stenosis and occlusion of lower limb arteries...
- Battering during pregnancy: tip of an iceberg revealedJ McFarlane
College of Nursing, Texas Woman s University, Houston 77030
Women Health 15:69-84. 1989....
- [Effect of preventive measures against central venous catheter-related infection: retrospective study in our division for recent 10 years]Y Hanatani
First Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:1032-7. 1999..as CVC-related infection when the fever dropped immediately (within 72 hours) after removal of CVC, or when the tip of the CVC was positive for culture. The rate of CVC-related infection in the second (9.9%) or the third (7...
- A new technique for endoscopic carpal tunnel decompressionT M Tsai
Christine M Kleinert Institute for Hand and Micro Surgery, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
J Hand Surg Br 20:465-9. 1995..No injuries to tendons, nerves, or arteries were noted. In one case the cotton tip was lost from the stick...
- Safety and accuracy of transarticular screw fixation C1-C2 using an aiming device. An anatomic studyJ S Gebhard
Lakewood Orthopaedic Clinic, Colorado, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2185-9. 1998..Screw length averaged 45 mm and, with proper length, the screw tip was found to be located approximately 7.5 mm behind the anterior tubercle of C1 on lateral radiographs...
- Gaps in cardiovascular medication taking: the tip of the icebergP Rudd
Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305-5475
J Gen Intern Med 8:659-66. 1993..The compliance patterns and gaps may contribute to reported excesses of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- Concentration and separation of hypoglycemic drugs using solid-phase extraction-capillary electrophoresisM A Strausbauch
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic/Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Chromatogr A 717:279-91. 1995..Not only was resolution of the desorbed material uncompromised by the presence of the SPE-tip, but separation of glipizide and glyburide was observed despite the fact that these drugs were unresolved under the ..
- The effectiveness of triclosan-incorporated plastic against bacteria on beef surfacesC N Cutter
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933, USA
J Food Prot 62:474-9. 1999..Plate overlay assays indicated that the triclosan-incorporated plastic (TIP) inhibited the following organisms: Brochothrix thermosphacta ATCC 11509, Salmonella Typhimurium ATCC 14028, ..
- The improved Allium/Vicia root tip micronucleus assay for clastogenicity of environmental pollutantsT H Ma
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Illinois University, Macomb 61455, USA
Mutat Res 334:185-95. 1995..of the efficiency of these two plant systems and in different cell populations (meristem and F1) of the root tip as well as under adequate recovery duration...
- [Neuroendoscopy: diagnosis and therapeutic uses]J C Jiménez-Leon
Universidad de Carabobo, Departamento de Cirugia Neurocirugia, Valencia, Venezuela
Rev Neurol 25:941-5. 1997..for ventriculo-peritonial derivations (DVP) may be carried out knowing the exacts anatomical site of the catheter tip, or allowing catheters adherent to structures such as the choroid to be removed...
- [Evaluation by Doppler echocardiography of systolic and diastolic functions of the left ventricle of the athlete's heart]A Cohen
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:55-62. 1989..The following doppler parameters were measured at the annulus (a) and tip (p) of the mitral valve leaflets: protodiastolic velocity peak (E), velocity peak during atrial systole (A) and A/E ..
- The accuracy of portable abdominal ultrasound equipment in measuring postvoid residual volumeB Alnaif
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 10:215-8. 1999..bladder volume, where the lateral bladder borders are missing, produces readings much below the actual volume: a 'tip of the iceberg' phenomenon...
- Scapulohumeral reflex (Shimizu). Its clinical significance and testing maneuverT Shimizu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi shi, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:2182-90. 1993..The SHR is elicited by tapping the tip of the spine of the scapula and acromion in a caudal direction...
- Preventing urethral obstruction using the 6-point fixation and weight-adjusted spacing nomogram during sling surgeryJ M Choe
Urodynamics and Continence Center, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12:122-8. 2001..Postoperative analysis was performed using cough stress tests, Q-tip tests, pelvic examinations and patient satisfaction questionnaires...
- Progressive early dermatologic changes in Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndromeP J Gillar
University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Pediatrics, San Antonio 78284-7802
Pediatr Dermatol 8:199-206. 1991..age, irregular pigmentary changes of the abdomen, early occipital alopecia, superficial scalp veins, glyphic nasal tip, absent ear lobules, coarse hair that stands on end, crowded dentition with delayed tooth development, and ..
- Biophysical characteristics of radiofrequency lesion formation in vivo: dynamics of catheter tip-tissue contact evaluated by intracardiac echocardiographyJ M Kalman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 1354, USA
Am Heart J 133:8-18. 1997..The purpose of this study was to use intracardiac echocardiography to characterize the relation between catheter tip-tissue contact and the efficiency of heating during applications of radiofrequency energy in vivo and to determine ..
- Experimental study of temperature distributions and thermal transport during radiofrequency current therapy of the intervertebral discJ C Houpt
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1808-12; discussion 1812-3. 1996..The tip was maintained at 70 C and the temperature monitored at various distances from the tip...
- Posterior cervical arthrodesis and stabilization with a lateral mass plate. Clinical and computed tomographic evaluation of lateral mass screw placement and associated complicationsA W Graham
Florida Fellowship in Reconstructive Spinal Surgery, Gainesville, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:323-8; discussion 329. 1996..after surgery were reviewed independently by an orthopedic spinal surgeon and by a radiologist to evaluate screw tip position. Clinical and radiographic outcome was assessed at each visit after surgery. RESULTS: Ten of 164 (6...
- [Effects of ultrasound energy on femoral artery occlusion. Angiographic and angioscopic results]G Drobinski
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1331-6. 1993..8 mm diameter and a round distal tip measuring 2 or 2.5 mm...
- The effects of infection with Plasmodium yoelii nigeriensis on the reproductive fitness of Anopheles stephensiN Jahan
Department of Biological Sciences, Keele University
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:365-9. 1997..No significant difference was observed in the egg size (length from tip to tip and breadth at the centre) of control and infected mosquitoes in another generation of infected An. stephensi...
- Periodic, profound peripheral vasoconstriction--a new marker of obstructive sleep apneaR P Schnall
Itamar Medical Ltd, Caesarea, Israel
Sleep 22:939-46. 1999..The plethysmograph's tip (measurement site) is composed of two parallel opposing longitudinal half thimbles, which is attached to a ..
- Mechanism of inhibition of the sodium current by bepridil in guinea-pig isolated ventricular cellsT Nawada
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 116:1775-80. 1995..and potassium-antagonistic agent, on the Na+ current were studied by the whole cell voltage clamp technique (tip resistance = 0.5 MOhm, [Na]i and [Na]o 10 mmol l-1 at 20 degrees C). 2. Bepridil produced tonic block (Kdrest = 295...
- [Video bronchoscopy--the electronic view of the bronchus]I Dobbertin
, , Gerlingen
Pneumologie 46:322-5. 1992..In the videoscope--i.e. in the direct videoscopy--the endoscopic picture is transformed already in the tip of the endoscope into electronic signals which can be guided through electrical wire nearly free from losses...
- [Biophysical basis and cardiac lesions caused by different techniques of cardiac arrhythmia ablation]S Levy
Hopital Nord, Service de cardiologie, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1465-9. 1995..This required a classical external defibrillator connected to an "active" electrode at the tip of a catheter and to a larger skin electrode ("passive")...
- [Effects of active synchronized prolonged coronary perfusion in the animal]S Martinot
Laboratoire de physiologie foetale, ,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:967-73. 1997..of perfusion (48 ml/min), there was no haemolysis, or jet lesion of the arterial wall distal to the catheter tip. On the other hand, the creatinine phosphokinase levels increased at the 60th minute (188 vs 119 i.u...
- [Role of power and temperature monitoring in radiofrequency ablation]F Halimi
Centre de Stimulation cardiaque et de Rythmologie, , Ivry-sur-Seine
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:243-8. 1996..The poor correlations observed between increase in temperature (measured at the tip of the catheter) and the fall in impedance (related to tissue heating) for the first 3 groups, show that ..
- Complications in spinal cord stimulation for treatment of angina pectoris. Differences in unipolar and multipolar percutaneous inserted electrodesC Andersen
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Cardiol 52:325-33. 1997..31). When SCS was used for treatment of anginal pain, the frequency of electrode tip migrations was high, but the use of multipolar electrodes gave the possibility to compensate for the migration, and ..
- Stability of myelomeningocele spines treated with the mayfield two-stage anterior and posterior fusion techniqueW R Osebold
Shriners Hospital, Spokane, Washington 99210 2472, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1344-51. 2000..In one patient, the tip of the longest rod displaced from the uppermost hook and was replaced with maintenance of correction...
- Alcohol counseling: physicians will do itA Adams
General Medicine/Primary Care, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:692-8. 1998..system that screened patients, cued providers to intervene, and made patient education materials available as tip sheets...
- [Cardiac pacing. Percutaneous extraction of infected pacing catheter]G Girod
Division de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Suisse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:1479-84. 1999..2% of cases. The metallic tip of the distal electrode embolised in 2 cases and remained stuck in the right ventricle in 1 case...
- Diverticulosis of the appendix with diverticulitis: case reportC H Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 5 Fu-Shin Street, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 23:711-5. 2000..appendectomy, and it showed erythematous change with local peritoneal reaction and omental shift at the tip. Pathological examination revealed three diverticula in the appendix...
- Salvage of a malpositioned anterior odontoid screwR F McLain
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:2381-4. 2001..A large-diameter lag screw was then passed to the tip of the fragment...
- Interface for capillary electrophoresis coupled with inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometryY Y Chan
Department of Chemistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Chromatogr A 853:141-9. 1999..The CE capillary replaces the central tube of the concentric nebulizer. The tip of the nebulizer tapers slowly to allow uncertainty in the position of the capillary...
- Should high-dose chemotherapy be used to consolidate second or third line treatment in relapsing germ cell tumours?J Shamash
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomew s and Royal London Hospitals, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Smithfield, UK
Acta Oncol 39:857-63. 2000..During 1995, paclitaxel was introduced into second line therapy with cisplatin and ifosfamide (TIP), with immediate consolidation using HDCT...
- Functional Analysis of the Tip60 ComplexBrendan D Price; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Tip60 histone acetyltransferase is a key mediator of the cells ability to detect and repair these DNA lesions...
- Role of Staircase Hair Bundle Morphology in Auditory MechanotransductionGregory I Frolenkov; Fiscal Year: 2011..data, cochlear outer hair cells of young postnatal Myo15sh2/sh2 mice possess numerous obliquely oriented "tip links" and apparently normal mechanotransduction...
- Improved Targeting and Assessment of Electrophysiology InterventionHenry R Halperin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that high resolution imaging with MRI, and/or CT, with compatible electrode catheters, catheter-tip location sensors, remote-controlled catheter manipulators, real-time scanner control, thermal imaging, and 4-..
- Improved Targeting and Assessment of Electrophysiology InterventionHenry Halperin; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that high resolution imaging with MRI, and/or CT, with compatible electrode catheters, catheter-tip location sensors, remote-controlled catheter manipulators, real-time scanner control, thermal imaging, and 4-..
- Catheter Guidance System for RF Ablation of ArrhythmiasGordon Hirschman; Fiscal Year: 2007..project, concept feasibility will be demonstrated for a new catheter guidance system that will direct the tip of an ablation catheter to the site of origin of an arrhythmia and reduce the time needed to locate the site such ..
- Airway Navigational SystemJENELLE GANATRA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also in phase I, we will begin to implement optical tracking of the endoscope tip as the foundation for our phase II hybrid system which will combine both magnetic and optical tracking into a ..
- Regulation and Function of Cytosolic Phospholipases A2 in Lung CellsCHRISTINA CARROLL LESLIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposal is to study the regulation and function of three Group IV cytosolic phospholipases A2 (cPLA2s), cPLA2a, cPLA2 and cPLA2? in lung cells...
- 14 3 3 Implications in Topoisomerase II PharmacologyDavid Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2003..A human homolog of the yeast TIP, Sgsl, is likely to be the gene that when mutated is responsible for the high tumor frequency in Bloom's syndrome ..
- Targeted Infection-control Program (TIP) to reduce Resistant Pathogens and InfectLona Mody; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that our targeted infection control program (TIP) will reduce MDRO colonization and infections in NH residents with indwelling devices...
- Targeted Infection-control Program (TIP) to reduce Resistant Pathogens and InfectLona Mody; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that our targeted infection control program (TIP) will reduce MDRO colonization and infections in NH residents with indwelling devices...
- REGULATION OF PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 IN HUMAN AMNIONLeslie Myatt; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the amnion fibroblasts, we have shown glucocorticoids increase PGE2 synthesis by up-regulation of cPLA2 and PGHS-2 enzymes...
- REGULATION OF PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 IN HUMAN AMNIONLeslie Myatt; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the amnion fibroblasts, we have shown glucocorticoids increase PGE2 synthesis by up-regulation of cPLA2 and PGHS-2 enzymes...
- Protective activity of the lectin-like domain of TNF in permeability edemaRudolf Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data demonstrate that the lectin-like domain of TNF, mimicked by the TIP peptide, is able to blunt PLY-induced PKC-( activation, endothelial hyperpermeability and ALC dysfunction...
- p53 Acetylation and Deacetylation in TumorigenesisWei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Tip60, a member of the MYST family of histone acetyltransferases was recently implicated in p53 activation through a ..
- IpaD triggers type III secretion in ShigellaWendy Picking; Fiscal Year: 2007..IpaD controls the secretion and delivery of the translocator proteins to the host membrane from a position at the tip of the TTSS needle. ipaD null mutants constitutively secrete IpaB and IpaC and cannot invade mammalian cells...
- Branching Morphogenesis of Urinary Epithelia: from Genes to Cellular BehaviorsFRANKLIN D COSTANTINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..epithelium during kidney development, and they arise from a specific region of the Wolffian duct, the "primary tip domain"...
- Role of Staircase Hair Bundle Morphology in Auditory MechanotransductionGregory Frolenkov; Fiscal Year: 2009..data, cochlear outer hair cells of young postnatal Myo15sh2/sh2 mice possess numerous obliquely oriented "tip links" and apparently normal mechanotransduction...
- ANGIOTENSINS, PROSTAGLANDINS-ADRENERGIC INTERACTIONSKAFAIT MALIK; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ang II stimulate calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) phosphorylate cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) and release AA in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC); AA metabolltes formed via cytochrome P450 (CYP45O) and ..
- Role of Staircase Hair Bundle Morphology in Auditory MechanotransductionGregory I Frolenkov; Fiscal Year: 2010..data, cochlear outer hair cells of young postnatal Myo15sh2/sh2 mice possess numerous obliquely oriented "tip links" and apparently normal mechanotransduction...
- The Role of MYST Histone Acetyltransferase in Genome StabilityM Mitchell Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are investigating the molecular genetics of two signature members of the MYST family: the Esa1 enzyme of budding yeast, and the Myst2 enzyme of mouse and humans...
- Role of Staircase Hair Bundle Morphology in Auditory MechanotransductionGregory Frolenkov; Fiscal Year: 2009
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORSKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this competitive renewal, we will focus on the signaling pathways leading to tubulointerstitial fibrosis (TIP) in the unilateral ureteral obstruction model (UUO) in the mouse, which is a widely used model of accelerated TIP...
- Telephone Counseling to Manage GnRH Agonist Symptom Clusters in Black Men w/ PCaERNEST BENNETT; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose testing a Telephone Interpersonal Counseling (TIP-C) symptom management intervention...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORSKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this competitive renewal, we will focus on the signaling pathways leading to tubulointerstitial fibrosis (TIP) in the unilateral ureteral obstruction model (UUO) in the mouse, which is a widely used model of accelerated TIP...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORSKATHRYN L SANDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this competitive renewal, we will focus on the signaling pathways leading to tubulointerstitial fibrosis (TIP) in the unilateral ureteral obstruction model (UUO) in the mouse, which is a widely used model of accelerated TIP...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORSKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2007