Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIMM44
Description: translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 44
Alias: TIM44, mitochondrial import inner membrane translocase subunit TIM44, translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 44 homolog
- MartincovÃ¡ E, Voleman L, Pyrih J, Å½Ã¡rskÃ½ V, VondrÃ¡ÄkovÃ¡ P, KolÃsko M, et al. Probing the Biology of Giardia intestinalis Mitosomes Using In Vivo Enzymatic Tagging. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2864-74 pubmed publisher..This approach enabled the identification of highly diverged mitosomal Tim44 (GiTim44), the first known component of the mitosomal inner membrane translocase (TIM)...
- Yuryev A, Wennogle L. Novel raf kinase protein-protein interactions found by an exhaustive yeast two-hybrid analysis. Genomics. 2003;81:112-25 pubmed..We propose possible functional consequences of these novel Raf interactions. ..
- Sinha D, Joshi N, Chittoor B, Samji P, D Silva P. Role of Magmas in protein transport and human mitochondria biogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1248-62 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose a model showing how Magmas:DnaJC19 subcomplex is associated with TIM23 complex and thus regulates mitochondrial import process. ..
- Aguileta M, Korać J, Durcan T, Trempe J, Haber M, Gehring K, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase parkin is recruited to the 26 S proteasome via the proteasomal ubiquitin receptor Rpn13. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7492-505 pubmed publisher..However, it did delay the clearance of mitochondrial proteins (TIM23, TIM44, and TOM20) and enhance parkin autoubiquitination...
- Madamba S, Damri K, Dejean L, Peixoto P. Mitochondrial Ion Channels in Cancer Transformation. Front Oncol. 2015;5:120 pubmed publisher..This mini review discusses how mitochondrial channels may be associated with cancer transformation and expands on the possible involvement of mitochondrial protein import complexes in pathophysiological process. ..
- Huang Y, Zhou J, Luo S, Wang Y, HE J, Luo P, et al. Identification of a fluorescent small-molecule enhancer for therapeutic autophagy in colorectal cancer by targeting mitochondrial protein translocase TIM44. Gut. 2018;67:307-319 pubmed publisher..mass spectrometry and siRNA interference studies demonstrate that translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 44 (TIM44)-superoxide dismutase 2 (SOD2) pathway inhibition is responsible for the excessive ROS, autophagy and apoptosis ..
- Moro F, Sirrenberg C, Schneider H, Neupert W, Brunner M. The TIM17.23 preprotein translocase of mitochondria: composition and function in protein transport into the matrix. EMBO J. 1999;18:3667-75 pubmed..The components Tim17, Tim23 and Tim44 are present in this complex in equimolar amounts...
- Handa N, Kishishita S, Morita S, Akasaka R, Jin Z, Chrzas J, et al. Structure of the human Tim44 C-terminal domain in complex with pentaethylene glycol: ligand-bound form. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2007;63:1225-34 pubmedFamilial oncocytic thyroid carcinoma is associated with a missense mutation, P308Q, in the C-terminal domain of Tim44. Tim44 is the mitochondrial inner-membrane translocase subunit and it functions as a membrane anchor for the ..
- Yuryev A, Ono M, Goff S, Macaluso F, Wennogle L. Isoform-specific localization of A-RAF in mitochondria. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4870-8 pubmed..This information is discussed in view of the important role of mitochondria in cellular functions involving energy balance, proliferation, and apoptosis and the potential role of A-RAF in regulating these systems. ..
- Wang Y, Katayama A, Terami T, Han X, Nunoue T, Zhang D, et al. Translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 44 alters the mitochondrial fusion and fission dynamics and protects from type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2015;64:677-88 pubmed publisher..b>Timm44 is upregulated in the kidneys of streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice...
- Ozsvári B, Sotgia F, Lisanti M. A new mutation-independent approach to cancer therapy: Inhibiting oncogenic RAS and MYC, by targeting mitochondrial biogenesis. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:2098-2116 pubmed publisher..In this context, we developed a new Myc-based Mito-Signature consisting of 3 mitochondrial genes (HSPD1; COX5B; TIMM44) for effectively predicting tumor recurrence (HR=4.69; p=2.4e-08) and distant metastasis (HR=4.94; p=2...
- Abbott W, Mellor A, Edwards Y, Feizi T. Soluble bovine galactose-binding lectin. cDNA cloning reveals the complete amino acid sequence and an antigenic relationship with the major encephalitogenic domain of myelin basic protein. Biochem J. 1989;259:283-90 pubmed..In myelin basic protein the tetrapeptide is a part of the major domain previously shown to be responsible for the induction of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. ..