Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIMM10
Description: translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 10
Alias: TIM10, TIM10A, TIMM10A, mitochondrial import inner membrane translocase subunit Tim10, translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 10 homolog
- Vial S, Lu H, Allen S, Savory P, Thornton D, Sheehan J, et al. Assembly of Tim9 and Tim10 into a functional chaperone. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36100-8 pubmedThe TIM10 complex is localized in the mitochondrial intermembrane space and mediates insertion of hydrophobic proteins at the inner membrane...
- Mühlenbein N, Hofmann S, Rothbauer U, Bauer M. Organization and function of the small Tim complexes acting along the import pathway of metabolite carriers into mammalian mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13540-6 pubmedTim9, Tim10a, and Tim10b are members of the family of small Tim proteins located in the intermembrane space of mammalian mitochondria...
- Webb C, Gorman M, Lazarou M, Ryan M, Gulbis J. Crystal structure of the mitochondrial chaperone TIM9.10 reveals a six-bladed alpha-propeller. Mol Cell. 2006;21:123-33 pubmed..Tim9 and Tim10 are translocase components of the intermembrane space, related to deafness-dystonia peptide 1 (DDP1)...
- Jin H, Kendall E, Freeman T, Roberts R, Vetrie D. The human family of Deafness/Dystonia peptide (DDP) related mitochondrial import proteins. Genomics. 1999;61:259-67 pubmed..We also describe the expression patterns and chromosomal locations of their genes, which are candidate loci for autosomal recessive neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Rothbauer U, Hofmann S, Mühlenbein N, Paschen S, Gerbitz K, Neupert W, et al. Role of the deafness dystonia peptide 1 (DDP1) in import of human Tim23 into the inner membrane of mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37327-34 pubmed..Thus, the pathomechanism underlying the Mohr-Tranebjaerg syndrome may involve an impaired biogenesis of the human TIM23 complex causing severe pleiotropic mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Carey K, Segal D, Klein R, Sanigorski A, Walder K, Collier G, et al. Identification of novel genes expressed during rhabdomyosarcoma differentiation using cDNA microarrays. Pathol Int. 2006;56:246-55 pubmed..Prothymosin alpha (PTMA), and translocase of inner mitochondrial membrane 10 (Tim10), two genes not previously implicated in RMS, showed reduced expression during differentiation...
- Allen S, Lu H, Thornton D, Tokatlidis K. Juxtaposition of the two distal CX3C motifs via intrachain disulfide bonding is essential for the folding of Tim10. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38505-13 pubmedThe TIM10 complex, composed of the homologous proteins Tim10 and Tim9, chaperones hydrophobic proteins inserted at the mitochondrial inner membrane...