Genomes and Genes
thromboxane A2 receptor
Gene Symbol: thromboxane A2 receptor
Description: thromboxane A2 receptor
Alias: BDPLT13, TXA2-R, thromboxane A2 receptor, prostanoid TP receptor
Products: thromboxane A2 receptor
- Valentin F, Field M, Tippins J. The mechanism of oxidative stress stabilization of the thromboxane receptor in COS-7 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8316-24 pubmed..Stabilization of the TXA(2)Rbeta by translocation from a degradative compartment, i.e. the ER, can account for the augmentation of receptor density observed in vivo. ..
- Ashton A, Ware J. Thromboxane A2 receptor signaling inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell differentiation and migration. Circ Res. 2004;95:372-9 pubmed..These data further support a role for antagonism of TP activation in enhancing the angiogenic response in tissues exposed to elevated TXA2 levels in which revascularization is important. ..
- Wilson S, Roche A, Kostetskaia E, Smyth E. Dimerization of the human receptors for prostacyclin and thromboxane facilitates thromboxane receptor-mediated cAMP generation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53036-47 pubmed..This represents a previously unknown mechanism by which IP may limit the cellular effects of TP. ..
- Coyle A, Miggin S, Kinsella B. Characterization of the 5' untranslated region of alpha and beta isoforms of the human thromboxane A2 receptor (TP). Differential promoter utilization by the TP isoforms. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:4058-73 pubmed
- Laroche G, Rochdi M, Laporte S, Parent J. Involvement of actin in agonist-induced endocytosis of the G protein-coupled receptor for thromboxane A2: overcoming of actin disruption by arrestin-3 but not arrestin-2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23215-24 pubmed..Our data provide new evidence that the actin cytoskeleton plays an essential role in TPbeta endocytosis. Furthermore, our work suggests the existence of actin-dependent and -independent arrestin-mediated pathways of endocytosis. ..
- Kelley Hickie L, Kinsella B. Homologous desensitization of signalling by the beta (beta) isoform of the human thromboxane A2 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:1114-31 pubmed
- Wilson S, McGinley K, Huang A, Smyth E. Heterodimerization of the alpha and beta isoforms of the human thromboxane receptor enhances isoprostane signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:397-403 pubmed..Augmented isoprostane signaling was similarly observed in HEK 293 cell transiently transfected with TPalpha and TPbeta. These results indicate that TPalpha/TPbeta dimerization enhances isoprostane-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Hong S, Lee S, Kim H, Kim J, Kim B, Choi S, et al. IL-5 and thromboxane A2 receptor gene polymorphisms are associated with decreased pulmonary function in Korean children with atopic asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;115:758-63 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-5 and TBXA2R genes may be disease-modifying genes in Korean children with atopic asthma. ..
- Hamelin E, Thériault C, Laroche G, Parent J. The intracellular trafficking of the G protein-coupled receptor TPbeta depends on a direct interaction with Rab11. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36195-205 pubmed..is a determinant factor in controlling the recycling to the cell surface of the beta-isoform of the thromboxane A2 receptor (TPbeta) following its internalization...
- Hirata T, Ushikubi F, Kakizuka A, Okuma M, Narumiya S. Two thromboxane A2 receptor isoforms in human platelets. Opposite coupling to adenylyl cyclase with different sensitivity to Arg60 to Leu mutation. J Clin Invest. 1996;97:949-56 pubmed
- Sasaki M, Sukegawa J, Miyosawa K, Yanagisawa T, Ohkubo S, Nakahata N. Low expression of cell-surface thromboxane A2 receptor beta-isoform through the negative regulation of its membrane traffic by proteasomes. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2007;83:237-49 pubmed..These results suggest that TP beta binds to alpha 7 and PA28 gamma, and the cell-surface expression of TP beta is lower than that of TP alpha through the negative regulation of its membrane traffic by proteasomes. ..
- Li X, Tai H. Activation of thromboxane A(2) receptors induces orphan nuclear receptor Nurr1 expression and stimulates cell proliferation in human lung cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1606-13 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong evidence that Nurr1 plays a significant role in cell proliferation and may mediate TP agonist-induced proliferation in lung cancer cells. ..
- Mumford A, Dawood B, Daly M, Murden S, Williams M, Protty M, et al. A novel thromboxane A2 receptor D304N variant that abrogates ligand binding in a patient with a bleeding diathesis. Blood. 2010;115:363-9 pubmed publisher..Our demonstration that the D304N substitution causes clinically significant platelet dysfunction by reducing ligand binding establishes the importance of the NPXXY motif for TxA(2)R function in vivo. ..
- Palikhe N, Kim S, Lee H, Kim J, Ye Y, Park H. Association of thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) gene polymorphism in patients with aspirin-intolerant acute urticaria. Clin Exp Allergy. 2011;41:179-85 pubmed publisherThe thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) is a potent broncho- and vaso-constrictor and is associated with leukotriene synthesis. Polymorphisms in the TBXA2R gene have been linked to atopy, asthma, and atopic dermatitis...
- Cartier A, Parent A, Labrecque P, Laroche G, Parent J. WDR36 acts as a scaffold protein tethering a G-protein-coupled receptor, G?q and phospholipase C? in a signalling complex. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3292-304 pubmed publisher..We report that WDR36 acts as a new scaffold protein tethering a G-protein-coupled receptor, G?q and PLC? in a signalling complex. ..
- Raychowdhury M, Yukawa M, Collins L, McGrail S, Kent K, Ware J. Alternative splicing produces a divergent cytoplasmic tail in the human endothelial thromboxane A2 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7011 pubmed
- Kaneko Y, Nakayama T, Saito K, Morita A, Sato I, Maruyama A, et al. Relationship between the thromboxane A2 receptor gene and susceptibility to cerebral infarction. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:665-71 pubmed..0%) than in the non-CI group (17.7%). These results suggest that specific SNPs and haplotypes may have utility as genetic markers for the risk of CI and that TP or a neighboring gene is associated with the increased susceptibility to CI. ..
- Kim S, Choi J, Park H, Holloway J, Lee S, Park C, et al. Association of thromboxane A2 receptor gene polymorphism with the phenotype of acetyl salicylic acid-intolerant asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:585-90 pubmedThe thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) is a receptor for a potent bronchoconstrictor, TBXA2 which is known to be related to bronchial asthma and myocardial infarction...
- Nie D, Guo Y, Yang D, Tang Y, Chen Y, Wang M, et al. Thromboxane A2 receptors in prostate carcinoma: expression and its role in regulating cell motility via small GTPase Rho. Cancer Res. 2008;68:115-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that TPs are expressed in prostate cancer and activation of TPs regulates prostate cancer cell motility and cytoskeleton reorganization through activation of Rho. ..
- So S, Wu J, Huang G, Huang A, Li D, Ruan K. Identification of residues important for ligand binding of thromboxane A2 receptor in the second extracellular loop using the NMR experiment-guided mutagenesis approach. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10922-7 pubmed..This information facilitates the understanding of the molecular mechanism of thromboxane A(2) binding to the important receptor and its signal transduction. ..
- Funk C, Furci L, Moran N, Fitzgerald G. Point mutation in the seventh hydrophobic domain of the human thromboxane A2 receptor allows discrimination between agonist and antagonist binding sites. Mol Pharmacol. 1993;44:934-9 pubmed..An antibody directed toward the third intracellular loop of the thromboxane receptor was able to immunoprecipitate native thromboxane receptor in solubilized membranes from human erythroleukemia cells and transfected cells. ..
- Kinsella B, O Mahony D, Fitzgerald G. The human thromboxane A2 receptor alpha isoform (TP alpha) functionally couples to the G proteins Gq and G11 in vivo and is activated by the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alpha. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1997;281:957-64 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the TP alpha isoform functionally couples with either Gq or G11 in vivo, whether activated by a PG/TXA2 analog or by the F2 isoprostane 8-epi PGF2 alpha. ..
- Tanaka K, Roberts M, Yamamoto N, Sugiura H, Uehara M, Mao X, et al. Genetic variants of the receptors for thromboxane A2 and IL-4 in atopic dermatitis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:776-80 pubmed..These results suggest TXA2 receptor polymorphism strongly interacts with IL-4R alpha polymorphism as a major determinant of high serum immunoglobulin E levels in AD. ..
- Wei J, Yan W, Li X, Ding Y, Tai H. Thromboxane receptor alpha mediates tumor growth and angiogenesis via induction of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in human lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2010;69:26-32 pubmed publisher..However, PI 3-kinase and protein kinase C had minimal contribution. These results indicate that activation of the TPalpha induces the expression of VEGF through multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Raychowdhury M, Yukawa M, Collins L, McGrail S, Kent K, Ware J. Alternative splicing produces a divergent cytoplasmic tail in the human endothelial thromboxane A2 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19256-61 pubmed..This finding of a new TxA2 receptor in endothelium suggests that a family of these receptors may result from alternative splicing of the cytoplasmic (carboxyl) tail. ..
- Hirata T, Kakizuka A, Ushikubi F, Fuse I, Okuma M, Narumiya S. Arg60 to Leu mutation of the human thromboxane A2 receptor in a dominantly inherited bleeding disorder. J Clin Invest. 1994;94:1662-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the Arg60 to Leu mutation is responsible for the disorder. Moreover, dominant inheritance of the disorder suggests the possibility that the mutation produces a dominant negative TXA2 receptor. ..
- Nüsing R, Hirata M, Kakizuka A, Eki T, Ozawa K, Narumiya S. Characterization and chromosomal mapping of the human thromboxane A2 receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25253-9 pubmed..No additional exon in intron 2 was detectable, indicating that a single type of thromboxane A2 receptor protein is encoded by this gene...
- Hirata M, Hayashi Y, Ushikubi F, Yokota Y, Kageyama R, Nakanishi S, et al. Cloning and expression of cDNA for a human thromboxane A2 receptor. Nature. 1991;349:617-20 pubmed..Using a stable analogue of this compound we recently purified the human platelet thromboxane A2 receptor to apparent homogeneity...
- Chakraborty R, Pydi S, Gleim S, Dakshinamurti S, Hwa J, Chelikani P. Site-directed mutations and the polymorphic variant Ala160Thr in the human thromboxane receptor uncover a structural role for transmembrane helix 4. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29996 pubmed publisherThe human thromboxane A2 receptor (TP), belongs to the prostanoid subfamily of Class A GPCRs and mediates vasoconstriction and promotes thrombosis on binding to thromboxane (TXA2)...
- Zhang M, Dong Y, Xu J, Xie Z, Wu Y, Song P, et al. Thromboxane receptor activates the AMP-activated protein kinase in vascular smooth muscle cells via hydrogen peroxide. Circ Res. 2008;102:328-37 pubmedb>Thromboxane A2 receptor (TPr) stimulation induces cellular hypertrophy in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs); however, regulation of VSMC hypertrophy remains poorly understood...
- Fontana P, Gandrille S, Remones V, Dupont A, Reny J, Aiach M, et al. Identification of functional polymorphisms of the thromboxane A2 receptor gene in healthy volunteers. Thromb Haemost. 2006;96:356-60 pubmedb>Thromboxane A2 receptor (TP) is an important actor in vascular physiology and plays a crucial role in the platelet activation process...
- Laroche G, Lépine M, Thériault C, Giguère P, Giguere V, Gallant M, et al. Oligomerization of the alpha and beta isoforms of the thromboxane A2 receptor: relevance to receptor signaling and endocytosis. Cell Signal. 2005;17:1373-83 pubmed
- Leung T, Tang N, Lam C, Li A, Chan I, Ha G. Thromboxane A2 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with the serum concentration of cat-specific immunoglobulin E as well as the development and severity of asthma in Chinese children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2002;13:10-7 pubmed..This marker is also associated with the extent of allergic sensitization to cat, as well as with reduced FEV1 and FVC values. ..
- Manganello J, Huang J, Kozasa T, Voyno Yasenetskaya T, Le Breton G. Protein kinase A-mediated phosphorylation of the Galpha13 switch I region alters the Galphabetagamma13-G protein-coupled receptor complex and inhibits Rho activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:124-30 pubmed..4). These results therefore suggest that PKA blocks Rho activation by phosphorylation of Galpha(13) Thr(203). ..
- Turner E, Kavanagh D, Mulvaney E, McLean C, Wikström K, Reid H, et al. Identification of an interaction between the TPalpha and TPbeta isoforms of the human thromboxane A2 receptor with protein kinase C-related kinase (PRK) 1: implications for prostate cancer. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15440-57 pubmed publisher
- Coyle A, O Keeffe M, Kinsella B. 15-deoxy Delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 suppresses transcription by promoter 3 of the human thromboxane A2 receptor gene through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in human erythroleukemia cells. FEBS J. 2005;272:4754-73 pubmed..Moreover, these data highlight a further link between enhanced risk of cardiovascular disease in diabetes mellitus associated with increased synthesis and action of thromboxane A2 (TXA2). ..
- Zhang L, DiLizio C, Kim D, Smyth E, Manning D. The G12 family of G proteins as a reporter of thromboxane A2 receptor activity. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:1433-40 pubmed..We explore here, using the thromboxane A2 receptor TPalpha, the ability of G12 and G13 to report differences in the potency and efficacy of receptor ligands...
- Khasawneh F, Huang J, Turek J, Le Breton G. Differential mapping of the amino acids mediating agonist and antagonist coordination with the human thromboxane A2 receptor protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26951-65 pubmed..In summary, these results identify key amino acids (in particular Asp(193)) involved in TPR ligand coordination. These findings also demonstrate that TPR-specific ligands interact with different residues in the ligand-binding pocket. ..
- Ashton A, Cheng Y, Helisch A, Ware J. Thromboxane A2 receptor agonists antagonize the proangiogenic effects of fibroblast growth factor-2: role of receptor internalization, thrombospondin-1, and alpha(v)beta3. Circ Res. 2004;94:735-42 pubmed
- Simonin F, Karcher P, Boeuf J, Matifas A, Kieffer B. Identification of a novel family of G protein-coupled receptor associated sorting proteins. J Neurochem. 2004;89:766-75 pubmed..Another member of the family, GASP-2, also interacts with the carboxyl-terminal tail of several GPCRs. Therefore, GASP proteins may represent an important protein family regulating GPCR physiology. ..
- Gleim S, Stitham J, Tang W, Li H, Douville K, Chelikani P, et al. Human thromboxane A2 receptor genetic variants: in silico, in vitro and "in platelet" analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67314 pubmed publisher..The study additionally provides clinical relevance to characterized dysfunctional hTP variants. ..
- Barr C, Wigg K, Pakstis A, Kurlan R, Pauls D, Kidd K, et al. Genome scan for linkage to Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. Am J Med Genet. 1999;88:437-45 pubmed..Further support for linkage in these regions is required before linkage can be assumed. ..
- Liang H, Yang X, Wen D, Gao L, Zhang X, Ye Z, et al. Utility of miR?133a?3p as a diagnostic indicator for hepatocellular carcinoma: An investigation combined with GEO, TCGA, meta?analysis and bioinformatics. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The study reveals that miR?133a?3p may function as a tumor suppressor in HCC. The prospective novel pathways and key genes of miR?133a?3p could offer potential biomarkers for HCC; however, the predictions require further confirmation...
- Rochdi M, Watier V, La Madeleine C, Nakata H, Kozasa T, Parent J. Regulation of GTP-binding protein alpha q (Galpha q) signaling by the ezrin-radixin-moesin-binding phosphoprotein-50 (EBP50). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40751-9 pubmed..This study constitutes the first demonstration of an interaction between a G protein alpha subunit and another protein through a PDZ domain, with broad implications in the regulation of diverse physiological systems. ..
- Orr K, Buckley N, Haddock P, James C, Parent J, McQuaid S, et al. Thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) is a potent survival factor for triple negative breast cancers (TNBCs). Oncotarget. 2016;7:55458-55472 pubmed publisher..Elevated expression of thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) was observed in 'good' outcome TNBCs...
- Park S, Park B, Park J, Lee T, Sung K, Lee Y, et al. Association of polymorphisms in thromboxane A2 receptor and thromboxane A synthase 1 with cerebral infarction in a Korean population. BMB Rep. 2009;42:200-5 pubmed..0003 and 0.005, respectively). These results suggest specific TBXAS1 gene polymorphisms may be a useful marker for development of cerebral infarction, especially SAO type in Korean population. ..
- Thériault C, Rochdi M, Parent J. Role of the Rab11-associated intracellular pool of receptors formed by constitutive endocytosis of the beta isoform of the thromboxane A2 receptor (TP beta). Biochemistry. 2004;43:5600-7 pubmed
- Bidkhori G, Narimani Z, Hosseini Ashtiani S, Moeini A, Nowzari Dalini A, Masoudi Nejad A. Reconstruction of an integrated genome-scale co-expression network reveals key modules involved in lung adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67552 pubmed publisher..In addition to the mentioned genes, there are some other genes (i.e. DLGAP5, BIRC5, PSMD2, Src, TTK, SENP2, PSMD2, DOK2, FUS and etc.) in the modules. ..
- Kawaguchi T, Hashimoto R, Yokota H. The human megakaryocytic cell line UT-7/TPO expresses functional platelet agonist signals mediated through GPVI and thromboxane receptor. Cell Biol Int. 2010;34:943-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this cell line provides a new tool for research on platelet activation signals. ..
- Kelley L, Kinsella B. The role of N-linked glycosylation in determining the surface expression, G protein interaction and effector coupling of the alpha (alpha) isoform of the human thromboxane A(2) receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1621:192-203 pubmed
- Stockley J, Nisar S, Leo V, Sabi E, Cunningham M, Eikenboom J, et al. Identification and Characterization of Novel Variations in Platelet G-Protein Coupled Receptor (GPCR) Genes in Patients Historically Diagnosed with Type 1 von Willebrand Disease. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143913 pubmed publisher..The enrichment of single nucleotide variations in G protein-coupled receptor genes among type 1 von Willebrand disease patients supports the view of type 1 von Willebrand disease as a polygenic disorder. ..
- Becker K, Garnovskaya M, Gettys T, Halushka P. Coupling of thromboxane A2 receptor isoforms to Galpha13: effects on ligand binding and signalling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1450:288-96 pubmed..The results support the possibility that the previous classification of TXA2 receptor subtypes based on pharmacological criteria reflect unique interactions with specific G protein alpha subunits. ..
- Saito M, Tanaka H, Sasaki M, Kurose H, Nakahata N. Involvement of aquaporin in thromboxane A2 receptor-mediated, G 12/13/RhoA/NHE-sensitive cell swelling in 1321N1 human astrocytoma cells. Cell Signal. 2010;22:41-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that the TXA(2) receptor mediates water influx through aquaporins in astrocytoma cells via TXA(2) receptor-mediated activation of G alpha(12/13), Rho A, Rho kinase and Na(+)/H(+)-exchanger. ..
- Ruan K, Wu J, So S, Jenkins L, Ruan C. NMR structure of the thromboxane A2 receptor ligand recognition pocket. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3006-16 pubmed..This molecular mechanism of ligand recognition is the first that may be applied to other prostanoid receptors and other GPCRs. ..
- Saffak T, Nüsing R. The 5' region of the human thromboxane A(2) receptor gene. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002;67:25-31 pubmed..Further, for full activity a 'core' promoter corresponding to the region from -160/165 to -588 bp appeared to be necessary for full transcriptional activity of promoter 1. ..
- Gales C, Rebois R, Hogue M, Trieu P, Breit A, Hebert T, et al. Real-time monitoring of receptor and G-protein interactions in living cells. Nat Methods. 2005;2:177-84 pubmed
- Nakahata N, Saito M. [Regulation of G protein-coupled receptor function by its binding proteins]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127:3-14 pubmed..In conclusion, the proteins bound to GPCRs may regulate the intracellular traffic of GPCRs. ..
- Schwengel D, Nouri N, Meyers D, Levitt R. Linkage mapping of the human thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) to chromosome 19p13.3 using transcribed 3' untranslated DNA sequence polymorphisms. Genomics. 1993;18:212-5 pubmed..The identification and characterization of DNA polymorphisms in the thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA2R) will advance the study of this gene as a candidate in a number of medical disorders...
- Kim S, Ye Y, Hur G, Lee S, Sampson A, Lee H, et al. CysLTR1 promoter polymorphism and requirement for leukotriene receptor antagonist in aspirin-intolerant asthma patients. Pharmacogenomics. 2007;8:1143-50 pubmed..These findings indicate that the CysLTR1 promoter polymorphism is a useful genetic marker for predicting LTRA requirements in the long-term management of AIA patients. ..
- Pasche A, Heim A, Liaudet L, Waeber B, Feihl F. No implication of thromboxane prostanoid receptors in reactive hyperemia of skin and skeletal muscle in human forearm. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2013;61:127-32 pubmed publisher..These results do not support that thromboxane prostanoid receptor activation could exert a moderating influence on reactive hyperemia in human skin and skeletal muscle, at least in young subjects. ..
- Samikkannu T, Agudelo M, Gandhi N, Reddy P, Saiyed Z, Nwankwo D, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 clade B and C gp120 differentially induce neurotoxin arachidonic acid in human astrocytes: implications for neuroAIDS. J Neurovirol. 2011;17:230-8 pubmed publisher..protein expression, and level of glutamine while increasing expression of prostaglandin E2 (PGE(2)) and thromboxane A2 receptor (TBXA(2) R) compared to HIV-1 clade C gp120 protein...
- Tokue S, Sasaki M, Nakahata N. Thromboxane A2-induced signal transduction is negatively regulated by KIAA1005 that directly interacts with thromboxane A2 receptor. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2009;89:8-15 pubmed publisher..The expression of KIAA1005/TPIP decreased cell-surface TP alpha and TP beta levels. Thus, we show for the first time that KIAA1005/TPIP is a novel TP interacting protein that regulates TP-mediated signal transduction negatively. ..
- Parent A, Laroche G, Hamelin E, Parent J. RACK1 regulates the cell surface expression of the G protein-coupled receptor for thromboxane A(2). Traffic. 2008;9:394-407 pubmed..Our data demonstrate for the first time a direct interaction between RACK1 and a GPCR and identify a novel role for RACK1 in the regulation of the transport of a membrane receptor from the ER to the cell surface. ..
- Wikström K, Kavanagh D, Reid H, Kinsella B. Differential regulation of RhoA-mediated signaling by the TPalpha and TPbeta isoforms of the human thromboxane A2 receptor: independent modulation of TPalpha signaling by prostacyclin and nitric oxide. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1497-512 pubmed publisher..Data herein provide essential new insights into the physiologic roles of TPalpha and TPbeta and, through studies in AoSMCs, reveal an additional mode of regulation of VSM contractile responses by TXA(2). ..
- Manganello J, Djellas Y, Borg C, Antonakis K, Le Breton G. Cyclic AMP-dependent phosphorylation of thromboxane A(2) receptor-associated Galpha(13). J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28003-10 pubmed
- Yan F, Yamamoto S, Zhou H, Tai H, Liao D. Serine 331 is major site of phosphorylation and desensitization induced by protein kinase C in thromboxane receptor alpha. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2002;23:952-60 pubmed..Ser-331 is the major and crucial site of receptor phosphorylation and desensitization. ..
- Li M, Tanaka Y, Alioua A, Wu Y, Lu R, Kundu P, et al. Thromboxane A2 receptor and MaxiK-channel intimate interaction supports channel trans-inhibition independent of G-protein activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19096-101 pubmed publisher..We propose that vasoconstrictor TP receptor and MaxiK-channel direct interaction facilitates G-protein-independent TP to MaxiK trans-inhibition, which would promote vasoconstriction. ..
- Rochdi M, Laroche G, Dupré E, Giguère P, Lebel A, Watier V, et al. Nm23-H2 interacts with a G protein-coupled receptor to regulate its endocytosis through an Rac1-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18981-9 pubmed..The thromboxane A2 receptor (present as two isoforms: TP alpha and TP beta) is a GPCR displaying diverse pharmacological effects...