Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: thrombomodulin
Alias: AHUS6, BDCA3, CD141, THPH12, THRM, CD141 antigen, fetomodulin
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- FcεRI levels and frequencies of peripheral blood dendritic cell populations in allergic rhinitisKristina Lundberg
Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Hum Immunol 71:931-3. 2010..In peripheral blood, four DC subsets have been identified based on their distinct expression of CD1c, CD141, CD16, and CD123, and these subpopulations exhibit functional properties in immune responses...
- Human CD141+ (BDCA-3)+ dendritic cells (DCs) represent a unique myeloid DC subset that cross-presents necrotic cell antigensSarah L Jongbloed
Dendritic Cell Program, Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia
J Exp Med 207:1247-60. 2010..We report the first detailed functional analysis of the human CD141+ DC subset...
- Evaluation of a 12-color flow cytometry panel to study lymphocyte, monocyte, and dendritic cell subsets in humansPatrick Autissier
Department of Biology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Cytometry A 77:410-9. 2010..cells, CD123+ plasmacytoid DC, and three subsets of CD11c+ myeloid DC expressing either CD16, CD1c (BDCA-1), or CD141 (BDCA-3)...
- Persistence of a component of DNA methylation in gastric mucosae after Helicobacter pylori eradicationTakeshi Nakajima
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:37-44. 2010..We aimed to demonstrate the decrease in methylation levels...
- An 11-color flow cytometric assay for identifying, phenotyping, and assessing endocytic ability of peripheral blood dendritic cell subsets in a single platformJyh Chiang E Wang
Human Immunology Center, David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol Methods 341:106-16. 2009..with analysis of activation status and endocytic ability of three major PBDC subsets (CD1c(+)CD11c(+) "MDC1," CD141(+)CD11c(+) "MDC2," and CD303(+)CD11c(-) "PDC") within a single platform...
- Characterization of human DNGR-1+ BDCA3+ leukocytes as putative equivalents of mouse CD8alpha+ dendritic cellsLionel Franz Poulin
Immunobiology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London WC2A 3PX, UK
J Exp Med 207:1261-71. 2010..Here, we characterize a population of human DCs that expresses DNGR-1 (CLEC9A) and high levels of BDCA3 and resembles mouse CD8alpha+ DCs in phenotype and function...
- Thrombomodulin is silenced in malignant mesothelioma by a poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1-mediated epigenetic mechanismLinda Nocchi
Department of Biochemistry, Biology, and Genetics, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
J Biol Chem 286:19478-88. 2011Malignant mesothelioma (MM) is often complicated by thromboembolic episodes, with thrombomodulin (TM) playing a critical role in the anticoagulant process...
- Thrombomodulin Ala455Val polymorphism and risk of coronary heart diseaseK K Wu
Vascular Biology Research Center and Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 103:1386-9. 2001b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is expressed on the endothelial surface and plays an important role in vasoprotection...
- Oxidized phospholipids in oxidized low-density lipoprotein down-regulate thrombomodulin transcription in vascular endothelial cells through a decrease in the binding of RARbeta-RXRalpha heterodimers and Sp1 and Sp3 to their binding sequences in the TM proHidemi Ishii
Department of Public Health, Showa Pharmaceutical University, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 101:4765-74. 2003The present work investigated the mechanism for down-regulation of thrombomodulin (TM), an anticoagulant glycoprotein, on cultured umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) exposed to lipid extracts from oxidized low-density lipoprotein (..
- A common thrombomodulin amino acid dimorphism is associated with myocardial infarctionL Norlund
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Lund, University Hospital, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 77:248-51. 1997..b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is an integral membrane protein crucial for normal endothelial function and activation of the protein C ..
- Thrombomodulin is present in human plasma and urineH Ishii
J Clin Invest 76:2178-81. 1985b>Thrombomodulin is an endothelial cell membrane protein that is a cofactor required for the rapid activation of plasma protein C...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor induces ICAM-1and thrombomobulin expression in vitroLing Yuh Shyu
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Thromb Res 129:43-9. 2012..In this study, we investigated the potential role of MIF in coagulation through its influence on two factors, thrombomodulin (TM) and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1)...
- Thrombomodulin enhances the reactivity of thrombin with protein C inhibitor by providing both a binding site for the serpin and allosterically modulating the activity of thrombinLikui Yang
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37465-70. 2003b>Thrombomodulin (TM), or its epidermal growth factor-like domains 456 (TM456), enhances the catalytic efficiency of thrombin toward both protein C and protein C inhibitor (PCI) by 2-3 orders of magnitude...
- RNA-binding protein HuR interacts with thrombomodulin 5'untranslated region and represses internal ribosome entry site-mediated translation under IL-1 beta treatmentChiu Hung Yeh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 19:3812-22. 2008..b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is a critical factor to activate protein C in mediating the anticoagulation and anti-inflammation effects...
- Protease nexin-1 interacts with thrombomodulin and modulates its anticoagulant effectMarie Christine Bouton
Unité INSERM U698, CHU Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Circ Res 100:1174-81. 2007The endothelial cell membrane glycoprotein thrombomodulin (TM) plays a critical role in the regulation of coagulation...
- C-reactive protein decreases expression of thrombomodulin and endothelial protein C receptor in human endothelial cellsBicheng Nan
Molecular Surgeon Research Center, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Surgery 138:212-22. 2005..The objective of the present study was to determine the effect of CRP on the expression of thrombomodulin (TM) and the endothelial protein C receptor (EPCR) in human endothelial cells.
- Thrombomodulin gene polymorphisms and haplotypes and the risk of cardiovascular events: a prospective follow-up studyK Auro
Department of Molecular Medicine, KTL, Helsinki, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:942-7. 2006b>Thrombomodulin is an anticoagulant expressed during endothelial activation and damage...
- Thrombomodulin as a model of molecular mechanisms that modulate protease specificity and function at the vessel surfaceC T Esmon
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
FASEB J 9:946-55. 1995..The pathway is initiated when thrombin binds to the endothelial cell thrombin binding protein, thrombomodulin. The complex exhibits dramatically altered macromolecular specificity...
- Naturally occurring mutations in the thrombomodulin gene leading to impaired expression and functionGabriella Kunz
Department of Haematology, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Blood 99:3646-53. 2002Sporadic mutations in the thrombomodulin (TM) gene occur in patients with both arterial and venous thrombosis, but the effects of these mutations on expression and function are largely unexplored...
- Variations in the thrombomodulin and endothelial protein C receptor genes in couples with recurrent miscarriageM Kaare
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hum Reprod 22:864-8. 2007..Loss of function of two of these genes, thrombomodulin (TM) and endothelial protein C receptor (EPCR), causes embryonic lethality in mice...
- Thrombomodulin-protein C-EPCR system: integrated to regulate coagulation and inflammationMarlies Van de Wouwer
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, University of Leuven and the Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1374-83. 2004..Most of these can be traced to the vasculature, where the systems most intimately interact. Thrombomodulin (TM), a cell surface-expressed glycoprotein, predominantly synthesized by vascular endothelial cells, is a ..
- Prospective study of the A455V polymorphism in the thrombomodulin gene, plasma thrombomodulin, and incidence of venous thromboembolism: the LITE StudyN Aleksic
Division of Hematology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thromb Haemost 1:88-94. 2003Plasma thrombomodulin (soluble TM; sTM) is considered to be a marker of endothelial injury, but a recent report indicated that the relationship of sTM with thrombosis is complex...
- Expression of calretinin, thrombomodulin, keratin 5, and mesothelin in lung carcinomas of different types: an immunohistochemical analysis of 596 tumors in comparison with epithelioid mesotheliomas of the pleuraMarkku Miettinen
Department of Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:150-8. 2003Several immunohistochemical markers, among them calretinin, thrombomodulin (CD141), keratin 5, and mesothelin, have been documented or suggested as useful markers for positive identification of mesothelioma and to differentiate it from ..
- Maternal Par4 and platelets contribute to defective placenta formation in mouse embryos lacking thrombomodulinRashmi Sood
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Blood 112:585-91. 2008Absence of the blood coagulation inhibitor thrombomodulin (Thbd) from trophoblast cells of the mouse placenta causes a fatal arrest of placental morphogenesis...
- The thrombomodulin-protein C system is essential for the maintenance of pregnancyBerend Isermann
Blood Research Institute, The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Nat Med 9:331-7. 2003Disruption of the mouse gene encoding the blood coagulation inhibitor thrombomodulin (Thbd) leads to embryonic lethality caused by an unknown defect in the placenta...
- Vascular density and phenotype around ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breastN B Teo
Pathology Department, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Br J Cancer 86:905-11. 2002..were determined using morphometry and a panel of anti-endothelial antibodies (von Willebrand factor, CD31, CD141 and CD34) and related to the presence of invasive carcinoma and other histological features...
- Mutations in alternative pathway complement proteins in American patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndromeTara K Maga
Interdepartmental PhD Program in Genetics, Division of Nephrology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mutat 31:E1445-60. 2010..5 (CFHR5), complement factor I (CFI), CD46 (MCP), complement factor B (CFB), complement component 3 (C3) and thrombomodulin (THBD). Since aHUS is rare, mutation rate data in large patient cohorts are scarce...
- Prenatally fabricated autologous human living heart valves based on amniotic fluid derived progenitor cells as single cell sourceDorthe Schmidt
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery and Department of Surgical Research, University and University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Circulation 116:I64-70. 2007..A novel concept providing prenatally tissue engineered human autologous heart valves based on routinely obtained fetal amniotic fluid progenitors as single cell source is introduced...
- Peritubular capillary loss is ameliorated by ramipril or valsartan treatmentBin Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Nanfang Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Microcirculation 15:337-48. 2008..To identify the preservation of peritubular capillaries conferred by ramipril or valsartan treatment as an additional mechanism for their renoprotection...
- Three DNA methylation epigenotypes in human colorectal cancerKoichi Yagi
Genome Science Division, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, Translational Systems Biology and Medicine Initiative, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 16:21-33. 2010..Our aim is to clarify DNA methylation epigenotypes of colorectal cancer more comprehensively...
- Cryopreserved amniotic fluid-derived cells: a lifelong autologous fetal stem cell source for heart valve tissue engineeringDorthe Schmidt
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgical Research, University, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Heart Valve Dis 17:446-55; discussion 455. 2008..In order to expand the versatility of these cells also for adult application, cryopreserved AFDC were investigated as a potential life-long available cell source for heart valve tissue engineering...
- Effect of acute physiological hyperinsulinemia on gene expression in human skeletal muscle in vivoDawn K Coletta
Division of Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Centre, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E910-7. 2008..The results of the present study demonstrate that insulin acutely regulates the levels of mRNAs involved in inflammation and transcription and identifies several candidate genes, including HES1 and BHLHB2, for further investigation...
- Surface antigens of human mesangial cells: impact of growth surface or IL-1alphaG Sengoelge
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Department of Medicine III, University of Vienna, Wien, Austria
Tissue Antigens 60:383-95. 2002..58, 90, 106, 146, 147, 166; growth factor receptors: CD105, 140b; apoptosis related: CD95; hemostatis related: CD141, 142; miscellaneous: CD44, 109, 138, 151, 157, 165, and 11 nonclustered antigens) reacted with mesangial cells...
- Endothelial cells, megakaryoblasts, platelets and alveolar epithelial cells express abundant levels of the mouse AA4 antigen, a C-type lectin-like receptor involved in homing activities and innate immune host defenseY D Dean
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, GB
Eur J Immunol 31:1370-81. 2001Phagocytic complement C1q receptor (C1qRp) and thrombomodulin (TM, CD141), are two key members of a novel family of lectin receptors involved in cell-cell interactions and innate immune host defense...
- Microarray analysis of the effect of diesel exhaust particles on in vitro cultured macrophagesGeert R Verheyen
Centre of Expertise in Environmental Toxicology, Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO, Boeretang 200, B 2400 Mol, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 18:377-91. 2004..Our data indicate the multitude of biological processes potentially influenced by DEP...
- Phenotypic differences between red pulp capillary and sinusoidal endothelia help localizing the open splenic circulation in humansBirte Steiniger
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Marburg, Robert Koch Str 8, 35032, Marburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 128:391-8. 2007..Double staining for CD34 and CD141 (thrombomodulin) revealed that capillary endothelia in the cords of the splenic red pulp and at the surface of follicles were ..
- Twelve loci from HSA10, HSA11 and HSA20 were comparatively FISH-mapped on river buffalo and sheep chromosomesL Iannuzzi
National Research Council CNR, IABBAM, Laboratory of Animal Cytogenetics, Via Argine 1085, 80147 Naples Ponticelli, Italy
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:124-6. 2001..Indirect comparisons between physical maps achieved on bovid chromosomes and those reported on HSA10, HSA11 and HSA20 were performed...
- VEGF is deposited in the subepithelial matrix at the leading edge of branching airways and stimulates neovascularization in the murine embryonic lungA M Healy
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 219:341-52. 2000..Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM/CD31) and thrombomodulin (TM/CD141) immunolocalization demonstrate that vascular development occurs in lung cultures...
- Genetic aspects of ischemic stroke: coagulation, homocysteine, and lipoprotein metabolism as potential risk factorsSanja Stankovic
Institute for Medical Biochemistry, University School of Pharmacy and Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 47:72-123. 2010..The data assembled could be very useful for further meta-analysis and for future clinical applications...
- [Chiparray-based identification of gene expression in HUVECs treated with low frequency electric fields]D Ulrich
Klinik für Plastische Chirurgie, Hand und Verbrennungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Germany
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 38:149-55. 2006..In this study, we report on IN VITRO studies performed to characterize gene expression profiles using a DNA-microarray in HUVECs (human umbilical vein endothelial cells) exposed to low frequency electrical current...
- Isolation of human blood DC subtypesAndrew J Kassianos
Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Methods Mol Biol 595:45-54. 2010..CD11c(+) myeloid DC, which can be further subdivided into three subsets based on differential expression of CD1c, CD141 and CD16...
- Screening of the HLDA9 panel on peripheral blood dendritic cell populationsYitian Ding
Mater Medical Research Institute, Aubigny Place, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Immunol Lett 134:161-6. 2011..The CD11c(+) myeloid DC can be divided into populations by CD1c, CD16 and CD141 expression...
- Assessment of physiological amplitude, duration, and magnitude of ECG T-wave alternansLaura Burattini
Department of Biomedical, Electronics, and Telecommunication Engineering, Polytechnic University of Marche, 60131 Ancona, Italy
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 14:366-74. 2009....
- Cytogenetic alignment of the bovine chromosome 13 genome map by fluorescence in-situ hybridization of human chromosome 10 and 20 comparative markersD S Gallagher
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
Chromosome Res 7:115-9. 1999..These FISH results anchor the BTA13 genome map from bands 14-23, and confirm the presence of a conserved HSA10 homologous synteny group on BTA13 centromeric to a HSA20 homologous segment...
- Human endosialin (tumor endothelial marker 1) is abundantly expressed in highly malignant and invasive brain tumorsJennifer Brady
Brain Inflammation and Immunity Group, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 63:1274-83. 2004..Its protein domain architecture is homologous to that of CD93 and thrombomodulin (CD141), suggesting a similar function in mediating cell-cell interactions...
- Mouse models of thrombosis: thrombomodulinHartmut Weiler
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Physiology, 8727 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Thromb Haemost 92:467-77. 2004This review describes animal models of TM-deficiency that cause thrombosis in mice. Thrombomodulin (TM) is a key component of the protein C anticoagulant pathway by facilitating the activation of protein C by thrombin...
- Expression of blood dendritic cell antigens (BDCAs) by CD1a+ human pulmonary cellsMaria Tsoumakidou
Lung Pathology Unit, London SW3 6LY, UK
Respir Med 103:935-8. 2009..We investigated the expression of these antigens by isolated human pulmonary CD1a(+) DCs, namely Langerhan's cells...
- IL-32-dependent effects of IL-1beta on endothelial cell functionsClaudia A Nold-Petry
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3883-8. 2009..In contrast, the anti-inflammatory/anti-coagulant CD141/thrombomodulin increased markedly when IL-32 was silenced...
- Increased tubulointerstitial recruitment of human CD141(hi) CLEC9A(+) and CD1c(+) myeloid dendritic cell subsets in renal fibrosis and chronic kidney diseaseAndrew J Kassianos
Conjoint Kidney Research Laboratory, Pathology Queensland, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Level 9, Bancroft Centre, Herston 4006, Queensland, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F1391-401. 2013..We detected significantly greater numbers of total DCs as well as CD141(hi) and CD1c(+) myeloid DC (mDCs) subsets in diseased biopsies with interstitial fibrosis than diseased biopsies ..
- The association of idiopathic recurrent pregnancy loss with polymorphisms in hemostasis-related genesYunlei Cao
Fudan University, 130 Dong an Road, Shanghai 200032, China NPFPC Laboratory of Contraception and Devices, Shanghai Institute of Planned Parenthood Research, 2140 Xietu Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Gene 530:248-52. 2013..study were to investigate the effects of polymorphisms in hemostasis-related genes antithrombin (SERPINC1), thrombomodulin (THBD), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), factor V, factor II and annexin A5 (ANXA5), involved in ..
- Association of the thrombomodulin gene c.1418C>T polymorphism with thrombomodulin levels and with venous thrombosis riskSilvia Navarro
Unidad de Bioquimica, Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:1435-40. 2013..1418C>T polymorphism, which encodes for the replacement of Ala455 by Val in thrombomodulin (TM), with venous thromboembolism (VTE), plasma soluble TM, and activated protein C levels...
- Primary vitamin D target genes allow a categorization of possible benefits of vitamin D₃ supplementationCarsten Carlberg
School of Medicine, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e71042. 2013..The genes CD14 and thrombomodulin (THBD) are up-regulated primary vitamin D targets and showed to be suitable gene expression markers for ..
- Activation of protein C by the thrombin-thrombomodulin complex: cooperative roles of Arg-35 of thrombin and Arg-67 of protein CLikui Yang
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:879-84. 2006..The binding of Ca(2+) to the 70-80 loop of protein C inhibits protein C activation by thrombin in the absence of thrombomodulin (TM), but the metal ion is required for activation in the presence of TM...
- Impaired binding of thrombin to thrombomodulin is associated with risk of deep vein thrombosisEtsuji Suehisa
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Thromb Res 123:85-92. 2008The complex of thrombin and thrombomodulin (TM) activates protein C, and impaired binding of thrombin to TM may be a risk factor for thrombosis...
- Thrombomodulin gene polymorphisms in brain infarction and mortality after strokeJean Marc Olivot
INSERM U698 and Denis Diderot University Paris VII, Dept of Neurology and Stroke Center, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol 255:514-9. 2008b>Thrombomodulin is expressed at the surface of endothelial cells and controls thrombin generation and thrombin-induced platelets and vascular cell activation...
- Ets-1 mediates platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced thrombomodulin expression in human vascular smooth muscle cellsI Chung Lo
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cardiovasc Res 81:771-9. 2009b>Thrombomodulin (TM), a potent anticoagulant, is not detected in quiescent vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs). In diseased vessels, VSMC expresses TM, but the mechanisms are unclear...
- The fate of renal allografts hinges on responses of the microvascular endotheliumVenkat K R Mannam
Department of Pathology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 94:398-411. 2013..were positive for HLA-ABC, HLA-DR/DQ, von Willebrand factor, endoglin, PECAM, ICAM, MCAM, integrin beta-3, thrombomodulin, E-selectin, VCAM-1, and tissue factor, and negative for alpha smooth muscle actin and P-selectin antibodies...
- [Effect of C5a on expression of thrombomodulin in endothelial cells in vitro]Wei Fang
Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510010, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:168-71. 2009To investigate the effect of C5a on the expression of thrombomodulin (TM) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs).
- Pharmacological targeting of the thrombomodulin-activated protein C pathway mitigates radiation toxicityHartmut Geiger
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nat Med 18:1123-9. 2012..Here we identify the thrombomodulin (Thbd)-activated protein C (aPC) pathway as a new mechanism for the mitigation of total body irradiation (TBI)-..
- Genetic risk for restenosis after coronary balloon angioplastyHideki Horibe
Department of Cardiology, Kosei Hospital, Anjo, Japan
Atherosclerosis 174:181-7. 2004..two polymorphisms (242C --> T in the NADH/NADPH oxidase p22 phox (p22-PHOX) gene and 2136C --> T in the thrombomodulin (THBD) gene) in men and two polymorphisms (584G --> A in the paraoxonase 1 (PON1) gene and 2445G --> A ..
- The perifollicular and marginal zones of the human splenic white pulp : do fibroblasts guide lymphocyte immigration?B Steiniger
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Marburg, Robert Koch Str 6, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 159:501-12. 2001..and VAP-1; the Thy-1 (CD90) molecule; smooth muscle alpha-actin and smooth muscle myosin; cytokeratin 18; and thrombomodulin (CD141)...
- Radiation hybrid mapping of SNAP, PCSK2, and THBD (human chromosome 20p)D R Maglott
American Type Culture Collection, 12301 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20852 1776, USA
Mamm Genome 7:400-1. 1996
- Mouse CD8alpha+ DCs and human BDCA3+ DCs are major producers of IFN-lambda in response to poly ICHenning Lauterbach
Department of Research Immunology, Bavarian Nordic GmbH, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Exp Med 207:2703-17. 2010..Human DCs expressing BDCA3 (CD141), which is considered to be the human counterpart of murine CD8α(+) DCs, also produced large amounts of IFN-λ ..
- Platelet factor 4 inhibits thrombomodulin-dependent activation of thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) by thrombinLaurent O Mosnier
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 286:502-10. 2011b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is a cofactor for thrombin-mediated activation of protein C and thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) and thereby helps coordinate coagulation, anticoagulation, fibrinolysis, and inflammation...
- Human dendritic cell subsets from spleen and blood are similar in phenotype and function but modified by donor health statusDiana Mittag
Autoimmunity and Transplantation Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Immunol 186:6207-17. 2011..We identify three conventional DC subsets characterized by surface expression of CD1b/c, CD141, and CD16, and one plasmacytoid DC subset characterized by CD304 expression...
- Activated protein C protects against diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting endothelial and podocyte apoptosisBerend Isermann
Department of Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, INF 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Med 13:1349-58. 2007..Here we show that activated protein C (APC) formation, which is regulated by endothelial thrombomodulin, is reduced in diabetic mice and causally linked to nephropathy...
- Thrombomodulin and its role in inflammationEdward M Conway
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Centre for Blood Research CBR, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Semin Immunopathol 34:107-25. 2012The goal is to provide an extensive review of the physiologic role of thrombomodulin (TM) in maintaining vascular homeostasis, with a focus on its anti-inflammatory properties. Data were collected from published research...
- Cross-presentation of tumour antigens by human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived CD141(+)XCR1+ dendritic cellsK M Silk
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Gene Ther 19:1035-40. 2012..Unlike moDC, a subset of ipDC was found to coexpress CD141 and XCR1 that have been shown previously to define the human equivalent of mouse CD8α(+) DC, in which the ..
- Thrombomodulin links coagulation to inflammation and immunityJohn Morser
Division of Hematology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 269 Campus Drive, CCSR 1155, MC5156, Stanford, CA 9435 5156, USA
Curr Drug Targets 13:421-31. 2012b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is a type 1 membrane bound glycoprotein that has a C-type lectin domain at its Nterminus, 6 copies of the epidermal growth factor-like (EGF) motif and serine/threonine rich domain carrying a glycosoaminoglycan external ..
- Best immunohistochemical panel in distinguishing adenocarcinoma from squamous cell carcinoma of lung: tissue microarray assay in resected lung cancer specimensMi Jin Kim
Department of Pathology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Nam Gu, Daegu, South Korea
Ann Diagn Pathol 17:85-90. 2013..using tissue microarray for napsin-A, Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1), p63, cytokeratin (CK) 5/6, thrombomodulin (CD141), Epithelial-related antigen (MOC-31), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), Cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2), high-..
- Thrombomodulin protects endothelial cells from a calcineurin inhibitor-induced cytotoxicity by upregulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase/myeloid leukemia cell-1 signalingTakayuki Ikezoe
Department of Hematology and Respiratory Medicine, Kochi University, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2259-70. 2012We have recently reported that recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (rTM) counteracted capillary leakage associated with engraftment, as well as sinusoidal obstructive syndrome after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation...
- Human CD1c (BDCA-1)+ myeloid dendritic cells secrete IL-10 and display an immuno-regulatory phenotype and function in response to Escherichia coliAndrew J Kassianos
Dendritic Cell Program, Mater Medical Research Institute, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Eur J Immunol 42:1512-22. 2012Human blood myeloid DCs can be subdivided into CD1c (BDCA-1)(+) and CD141 (BDCA-3)(+) subsets that display unique gene expression profiles, suggesting specialized functions...
- Professional Cross-Presenting CD8α-Type CD141(hi) Dendritic Cells: We Have Got You in Our Skin!Marc Dalod
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Aix Marseille Université UM2, Campus de Luminy case 906, 13288 Marseille, France INSERM, UMR1104, 13288 Marseille, France CNRS, UMR7280, 13288 Marseille, France
Immunity 37:3-5. 2012..2012) identify the presence of professional cross-presenting human dendritic cells in the skin, the liver, and the lung and also presented comparative genomics to align human and mouse dendritic cell types across tissues...
- Naturally occurring CD1c+ human regulatory dendritic cells: immunoregulators that are expanded in response to E. coli infectionCheng Qian
National Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology and Institute of Immunology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Immunol 42:1388-92. 2012..Initial studies of DCs in human blood revealed that steady-state myeloid DCs are comprised of the CD141(+) and CD1c(+) DC subsets as the equivalents to the mouse lymphoid resident CD8(+) and CD8(-) DC subsets, ..
- Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in children: complement mutations and clinical characteristicsLianne M Geerdink
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 27:1283-91. 2012Mutations in complement factor H (CFH), factor I (CFI), factor B (CFB), thrombomodulin (THBD), C3 and membrane cofactor protein (MCP), and autoantibodies against factor H (αFH) with or without a homozygous deletion in CFH-related protein ..
- Peripheral blood dendritic cell subtypes are significantly elevated in subjects with asthmaM Spears
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Gartnavel General Hospital, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 41:665-72. 2011..Smokers with asthma display altered therapeutic behaviour and a reduction in endobronchial DC CD83 expression compared with non-smokers with asthma. No information is available on the impact of smoking on peripheral blood DC profiles...
- Thrombomodulin and von Willebrand factor: relation to endothelial dysfunction and disease outcome in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaEmmanouel S Hatzipantelis
Department of Paediatrics, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Acta Haematol 125:130-5. 2011..In children with ALL, there was a significant increase in thrombomodulin (TM) and von Willebrand factor (vWF) levels during the acute phase of the disease and during treatment...
- Role of Helicobacter pylori infection in aberrant DNA methylation along multistep gastric carcinogenesisCheol Min Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Sci 101:1337-46. 2010..pylori. Aberrant methylation of THBD might provide a link between H. pylori infection and development of GC...
- Sources of thrombomodulin in pre-eclampsia: renal dysfunction or endothelial damage?Luci Dusse
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Semin Thromb Hemost 37:153-7. 2011..Among others, plasma thrombomodulin (TM) level rises significantly...
- Thrombomodulin gene variants are associated with increased mortality after coronary artery bypass surgery in replicated analysesRobert L Lobato
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Circulation 124:S143-8. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that genetic variation in thrombotic and inflammatory pathways is independently associated with long-term mortality after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Transdifferentiation potentiality of human Wharton's jelly stem cells towards vascular endothelial cellsMiguel Alaminos
Department of Histology, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Cell Physiol 223:640-7. 2010..All this implies that HWJSC are able to efficiently transdifferentiate towards Tr-ELC at the phenotypical level following a hierarchical pattern of gene activation, with an earlier induction of morphological and phenotypical genes...
- JNK-ATF-2 inhibits thrombomodulin (TM) expression by recruiting histone deacetylase4 (HDAC4) and forming a transcriptional repression complex in the TM promoterYuanyuan Rong
The Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
FEBS Lett 584:852-8. 2010b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is an important vascular protective molecule that has anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic properties. TM is downregulated in many thrombotic and vascular diseases...
- Superior antigen cross-presentation and XCR1 expression define human CD11c+CD141+ cells as homologues of mouse CD8+ dendritic cellsAnnabell Bachem
Molecular Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Exp Med 207:1273-81. 2010..into CD304+ plasmacytoid DCs (pDCs) and conventional DCs (cDCs), the latter encompassing the CD1c+, CD16+, and CD141+ DC subsets...
- Thrombomodulin and GFC levels in Legg-Calve-Perthes diseaseM Cemalettin Aksoy
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Hacettepe University Medical School, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Hematology 13:324-8. 2008..Circulating soluble thrombomodulin (TM) reflects endothelial activation and/or injury...
- Increased P-selectin expression on platelets and decreased plasma thrombomodulin in Fontan patientsHidemi Kajimoto
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 73:1705-10. 2009..P-selectin on platelets indicates platelet activation. Thrombomodulin (TM), a receptor for thrombin and a major anticoagulant proteoglycan on the endothelial membrane, reflects the ..
- Thrombomodulin mutations in atypical hemolytic-uremic syndromeMieke Delvaeye
VIB K U Leuven Vesalius Research Center, Leuven, Belgium
N Engl J Med 361:345-57. 2009..Genetic factors in the remaining cases are unknown. We studied the role of thrombomodulin, an endothelial glycoprotein with anticoagulant, antiinflammatory, and cytoprotective properties, in atypical ..
- Valves of the deep venous system: an overlooked risk factorErin G Brooks
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05482, USA
Blood 114:1276-9. 2009..In pursuit of this hypothesis, we quantified endothelial protein C receptor (EPCR), thrombomodulin (TM), and von Willebrand factor (VWF) by immunofluorescence in great saphenous veins harvested at cardiac ..
- Loss of Arnt (Hif1β) in mouse epidermis triggers dermal angiogenesis, blood vessel dilation and clotting defectsAssefa Wondimu
Department of Dermatology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Lab Invest 92:110-24. 2012....
- aHUS caused by complement dysregulation: new therapies on the horizonAoife M Waters
Department of Nephrology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 26:41-57. 2011..More recently, mutations have also been identified in thrombomodulin (THBD), an anticoagulant glycoprotein that plays a role in the inactivation of C3a and C5a...
- Common variants in the haemostatic gene pathway contribute to risk of early-onset myocardial infarction in the Italian populationIlaria Guella
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Milano, Italy
Thromb Haemost 106:655-64. 2011..69-fold increased risk for MI compared with those in the lowest quintile. Our results suggest that a GRS, based on the combined effect of several risk alleles in different haemostatic genes, is associated with an increased risk of MI...
- Downregulation of thrombomodulin, a novel target of Snail, induces tumorigenesis through epithelial-mesenchymal transitionYuan Chung Kao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 30:4767-85. 2010The expression of thrombomodulin (TM), a calcium-dependent adhesion molecule, is frequently downregulated in various cancer types. However, the mechanism responsible for the low expression level of TM in tumorigenesis is unknown...
- Identification of fetomodulin, a surface marker protein of fetal development, as thrombomodulin by gene cloning and functional assaysS Imada
Division of Cell Biology, Meiji Institute of Health Science, Meiji Milk Products Co Ltd, Odawara, Japan
Dev Biol 140:113-22. 1990..We now show by protein and DNA sequencing and by functional assays that FM is identical to thrombomodulin, an anticoagulant endothelial thrombin receptor...
- A combination of two common thrombomodulin gene variants (-1208-1209TTdelTT and A455V) influence risk of coronary heart disease: a prospective study in menC J Konstantoulas
British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Rayne Building, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Atherosclerosis 177:97-104. 2004..study of myocardial infarction (MI), we identified risk associated with the combination of two variants in the thrombomodulin (TM) gene (-1208-1209TTdelTT and A455V) and an interaction with increased body mass index (BMI)...
- Increased levels of endothelial haemostatic markers in patients with coronary heart diseaseAnita Schumacher
Department of Microbiology, Vestfold Central Hospital, Tønsberg, Norway
Thromb Res 105:25-31. 2002von Willebrand factor (vWF), thrombomodulin and tissue plasminogen activator antigen (tPAag) are regarded as markers of endothelial activation and/or damage. Elevated levels have been associated with atherosclerotic disease states...
- Thrombomodulin-mediated cell adhesion: involvement of its lectin-like domainHuey Chun Huang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 701, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 278:46750-9. 2003b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is an integral membrane glycoprotein that is a potent anticoagulant factor. TM may also possess functions distinct from its anticoagulant activity...
- Decrease of thrombomodulin contributes to the procoagulant state of endothelium in hemolytic uremic syndromeGabriela C Fernandez
Division Inmunologia, IIHEMA, Academia Nacional de Medicina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Nephrol 18:1066-8. 2003..Vascular endothelial cell (EC) injury appears to be central in the pathogenesis of D+HUS. Thrombomodulin (TM) is a glycoprotein present in EC with anti-thrombogenic properties...
- Circulating thrombomodulin levels are related to latent progression of atherosclerosis in hypertensive patientsYasuaki Dohi
Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:479-83. 2003The present study was designed to test the hypothesis that circulating levels of thrombomodulin are elevated in patients with hypertension in proportion to the severity of the vascular damage...
- Reduced thrombomodulin in human peripheral nerve microvasculatureCharlene E Hafer-Macko
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
Muscle Nerve 26:218-24. 2002b>Thrombomodulin (TM), a vascular endothelial receptor, terminates the actions of thrombin and accelerates activated protein C formation...
- Polymorphisms in various coagulation genes in black South African women with placental abruptionB Hira
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
BJOG 109:574-5. 2002This pilot study examined Factor V Leiden (R506Q), prothrombin (20210G-->A), thrombomodulin (A455V) and MTHFR (677C-->T) in 100 Zulu-speaking black South African women with placental abruption and 217 controls...
- NUTRITION ACADEMIC AWARDMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Compliance with ATP II and JNC VI recommendations will also be assessed. In addition, medical students' diets and blood lipid levels will be assessed and tracked. ..
- INDUCTION OF APOPTOSIS BY HIV-1 INFECTED MONOCYTIC CELLSLloyd Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007In this R-01 granting period we have identified an apoptotic protein isolated from the CD141/low CD16/high 43/HIV human macrophage hybridoma cell line...
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HUMAN DIABETIC NEUROPATHYCHARLENE HAFER MACKO; Fiscal Year: 2002..We also found that thrombomodulin (TM), an endothelial membrane receptor that deactivates thrombin and accelerates activated protein C formation ..
- MOLECULAR & CLINICAL EVALUATION OF LOW HDL SYNDROMESMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further understanding of the molecular basis of isolated low HDL-C and its potential clinical sequelae (e.g., CAD), may therefore aid in the development of therapeutic strategies to effectively treat this disorder. ..
- Genetic Reg. of Hematopoietic Stem Cell MobilizationHartmut Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. to muscle tissue, or to other hematopoietic niches. ..
- Direct Cellular Effects of Blood Coagulation ProteasesLAURENT MOSNIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..I propose: 1) To characterize the formation of endothelial cell membrane receptor complexes between thrombomodulin, [unreadable] endothelial protein C receptor and protease activated receptor-1 required for APC generation and ..
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..