Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGM1
Description: transglutaminase 1 (K polypeptide epidermal type I, protein-glutamine-gamma-glutamyltransferase)
Alias: ARCI1, ICR2, KTG, LI1, TGASE, TGK, TG(K), TGase K, TGase-1, epidermal TGase, protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase K, transglutaminase 1 isoform, transglutaminase K, transglutaminase, keratinocyte, transglutaminase-1
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Transglutaminase-1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis: summary of mutations (including 23 novel) and modeling of TGase-1Matthew L Herman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Rockville, Maryland 20892 4562, USA
Hum Mutat 30:537-47. 2009..Germline mutations in TGM1 are the most common cause of ARCI in the United States. TGM1 encodes for the TGase-1 enzyme that functions in the formation of the cornified cell envelope...
- Strong founder effect for a transglutaminase 1 gene mutation in lamellar ichthyosis and congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma from NorwayM Pigg
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 6:589-96. 1998..It was recently shown that mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene may be associated with the clinical subtypes lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and non-bullous congenital ..
- Splice-site mutation in TGM1 in congenital recessive ichthyosis in American families: molecular, genetic, genealogic, and clinical studiesY O Shevchenko
Genetic Studies Section, Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2757, USA
Hum Genet 106:492-9. 2000..Mutations in the gene for transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) are responsible for many cases of LI and occur throughout the coding sequence of the gene...
- An ERp60-like protein from the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis has both transglutaminase and protein disulfide isomerase activityR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:531-6. 1998..the presence of isopeptide bonds in the sheath and cuticle of filarial parasites, suggesting an important role for TGase-catalyzed reactions during the growth and development of filarial nematodes...
- Formation of cornified cell envelope in human hair follicle developmentM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 146:968-76. 2002....
- Effects of post-translational modifications catalysed by pollen transglutaminase on the functional properties of microtubules and actin filamentsStefano Del Duca
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, Sede Botanica, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 42, Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 418:651-64. 2009..To assess the activity of apple (Malus domestica) pollen TGase on the functional properties of actin and tubulin, TGase was prepared from apple pollen by hydrophobic- ..
- An in situ and in vitro investigation for the transglutaminase potential in tissue engineeringD I Zeugolis
Tissue Modulation Laboratory, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1310-20. 2010..The role of tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) in several pathophysiologies, wound healing applications, biomaterials functionalization, and drug delivery ..
- Sporadic inclusion body myositis correlates with increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2Y C Choi
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul 135 270, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 275:8703-10. 2000..We report that at least two different enzymes, the ubiquitous TGase 2 as well as the TGase 1 enzyme, are present in muscle tissues...
- Transglutaminase activity in the hematopoietic tissue of a crustacean, Pacifastacus leniusculus, importance in hemocyte homeostasisXionghui Lin
Department of Comparative Physiology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Immunol 9:58. 2008..We also found that TGase is an abundant protein in the hematopoietic tissue (Hpt) cells of crayfish and hence we have studied the possible ..
- Transglutaminases - possible drug targets in human diseasesVittorio Gentile
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Medical School, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 3:99-104. 2004..disease (PD), supranuclear palsy and Huntington disease (HD), are characterized in part by aberrant cerebral TGase activity and by increased cross-linked proteins in affected brain...
- Tissue transglutaminase acylation: Proposed role of conserved active site Tyr and Trp residues revealed by molecular modeling of peptide substrate bindingRoberto A Chica
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Protein Sci 13:979-91. 2004..Given the implication of tissue TGase in various physiological disorders, development of specific tissue TGase inhibitors is of current interest...
- Increased levels of gamma-glutamylamines in Huntington disease CSFThomas M Jeitner
Red Anvil, LLC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurochem 106:37-44. 2008..The resulting gamma-glutamylamines are excised intact during proteolysis. TGase activity is altered in several diseases, highlighting the importance of in situ enzymatic determinations...
- Kinetin affects the level of chloroplast polyamines and transglutaminase activity during senescence of barley leavesEwa Sobieszczuk-Nowicka
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 56:255-9. 2009..Immunodetection of transglutaminases (TGase) in thylakoid fraction revealed three bands of 33, 58 and 78 kDa...
- Activity of maize transglutaminase overexpressed in Escherichia coli inclusion bodies: an alternative to protein refoldingPatricia Carvajal
Dept of Molecular Genetics, Centre de Recerca Agrigenomica CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Jordi Girona Salgado 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Biotechnol Prog 27:232-40. 2011..In plants, this enzyme is poorly characterized and only the maize plastidial TGase gene (tgz) has been cloned...
- The emerging structural understanding of transglutaminase 3Bijan Ahvazi
X ray Crystallography Facility, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8023, USA
J Struct Biol 147:200-7. 2004Transglutaminases (TGase; protein-glutamine: amine gamma-glutamyl-transferase) are a family of calcium-dependent acyl-transfer enzymes ubiquitously expressed in mammalian cells and responsible for catalyzing covalent cross-links between ..
- Identification of the eukaryotic initiation factor 5A as a retinoic acid-stimulated cellular binding partner for tissue transglutaminase IIU S Singh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1946-50. 1998..essential for cell viability, perhaps through effects on protein synthesis and/or RNA export, associates with the TGase in vivo...
- Differential expression of multiple transglutaminases in human brain. Increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2 in Alzheimer's diseaseS Y Kim
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30715-21. 1999..chain reaction and immunological methods with specific antibodies that in fact three members, the TGase 1, TGase 2, and TGase 3 enzymes, and are differentially expressed in various regions of normal human brain tissues...
- Remodeling of tobacco thylakoids by over-expression of maize plastidial transglutaminaseNikolaos E Ioannidis
Department of Biology, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:1215-22. 2009..Here we report the effect of the over-expression of maize (Zea mays) chloroplast TGase in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum var. Petit Havana) chloroplasts...
- Recent patents on transglutaminase production and applications: a brief reviewMireya Santos
Centre of Research in Agrogenomics CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Department of Molecular Genetics, Jordi Girona 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Recent Pat Biotechnol 3:166-74. 2009The transglutaminases (TGase; EC2.3.2...
- Cross linking of polyglutamine domains catalyzed by tissue transglutaminase is greatly favored with pathological-length repeats: does transglutaminase activity play a role in (CAG)(n)/Q(n)-expansion diseases?Arthur J L Cooper
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Neurochem Int 40:53-67. 2002..three Ca(2+)-dependent enzymes (transglutaminases, TGases) that catalyze protein cross-linking reactions, namely TGase 1, TGase 2 (tissue transglutaminase, tTGase) and TGase 3...
- Chondrocyte-derived transglutaminase promotes maturation of preosteoblasts in periosteal boneMaria Nurminskaya
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Biol 263:139-52. 2003..One factor is TGase. In the cocultures, inhibition of TGase reduces mineralization, and addition of the enzyme enhances it...
- Transglutaminase 5 cross-links loricrin, involucrin, and small proline-rich proteins in vitroE Candi
Biochemistry Laboratory, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:35014-23. 2001..A new member of the TGase family, TGase 5, has been identified recently, and in the present study we evaluated its role in keratinocyte ..
- Transglutaminase-3 enzyme: a putative actor in human hair shaft scaffolding?Sebastien Thibaut
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:449-59. 2009The family of transglutaminases (TGase) is known to be involved in terminal differentiation processes in the epidermis. These enzymes contribute also to the physical resistance and the preservation of the hair follicle structure...
- Tissue specific and androgen-regulated expression of human prostate-specific transglutaminaseH J Dubbink
Department of Urology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 315:901-8. 1996..In the prostate at least two TGases are present, the ubiquitously expressed tissue-type TGase (TGC), and a prostate-restricted TGase (TGP)...
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the transglutaminase gene family from human keratinocytes. Detection and identification of transglutaminase gene products based on reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction with degenerate primersD Aeschlimann
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3452-60. 1998..We demonstrate amplification of tissue transglutaminase (TGC), keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK), prostate transglutaminase (TGP), the a-subunit of factor XIII, and band 4...
- Substrate specificity of streptomyces transglutaminasesJames Langston
Novozymes, Inc, 1445 Drew Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 136:291-308. 2007Transglutaminase (TGase) is a multifunctional enzyme vital for many physiologic processes, such as cell differentiation, tissue regeneration, and plant pathogenicity...
- Comparison of substrate specificities of transglutaminases using synthetic peptides as acyl donorsT Ohtsuka
Food Research and Development Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki shi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:2608-13. 2000Transglutaminase (TGase) is an enzyme that catalyzes acyl transfer reactions between primary amines and Gln residues in proteins or peptides...
- Dietary glucosylceramide enhances cornified envelope formation via transglutaminase expression and involucrin productionTatsuya Hasegawa
Shiseido Functional Food Research and Development Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 8643, Japan
Lipids 46:529-35. 2011..The GlcCer treatment also increased the level of TGase-1 mRNA in UVB-irradiated murine epidermis approximately 1.6-fold compared with the control...
- Cinnamoyl inhibitors of tissue transglutaminaseChristophe Pardin
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Org Chem 73:5766-75. 2008..Unregulated, high TGase activities have been implicated in several physiological disorders, but few reversible inhibitors of TG2 have been ..
- Squamous metaplasia induced by transfection of human papillomavirus DNA into cultured adenocarcinoma cellsT Kinjo
Department of Pathology, Ryukyu University School of Medicine, 207 Uehara, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Mol Pathol 56:97-108. 2003..In this present study, the effects of HPV transfection into adenocarcinoma cells were examined. The relation between the region expressing the HPV gene and squamous metaplasia was also studied...
- Transglutaminase 5 is acetylated at the N-terminal endA Rufini
Biochemistry Laboratory, IDI IRCCS, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Amino Acids 26:425-30. 2004..and a partial biochemical characterisation showed its involvement in skin differentiation, in parallel to TGase 1 and TGase 3...
- Transglutaminases in vascular biology: relevance for vascular remodeling and atherosclerosisErik N T P Bakker
Department of Medical Physics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Vasc Res 45:271-8. 2008The transglutaminase (Tgase) family consists of nine known members of whom at least three are expressed in the vascular system: type 1 Tgase, type 2 Tgase and factor XIII...
- Novel role of transglutaminase 1 in corpora amylacea formation?Micha M M Wilhelmus
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU University Medical Center, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 32:845-56. 2011..We propose that TG1-catalyzed cross-linking and consequent polymerization of cytoskeletal and cytoskeleton-associated proteins may underlie CA formation...
- GTP, an inhibitor of transglutaminases, is hydrolyzed by tissue-type transglutaminase (TGase 2) but not by epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3)K Hitomi
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:657-9. 2000Epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3) is devoid of GTPase activity, but its TGase activity is inhibited by GTP as in the case of tissue-type TGase (TGase 2)...
- Transglutaminase activity and transglutaminase mRNA transcripts in gerbil brain ischemiaRiccardo Ientile
Department of Biochemical, Physiological and Nutritional Sciences, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Neurosci Lett 363:173-7. 2004..RT-PCR demonstrated the presence of significant mRNA amounts of transglutaminase 2 and transglutaminase 1, both in the hippocampus and the cerebral cortex, while low levels were found for transglutaminase 3 ..
- Triggered psoriasisR Wolf
Department of Dermatology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Ichilov Hospital, Israel
Adv Exp Med Biol 455:221-5. 1999..The chemical structure of the antimalarials is very similar to dansylputrescine, a potent transglutaminase (TGase) inhibitor...
- Basis for the permeability barrier abnormality in lamellar ichthyosisPeter M Elias
Dermatology Service and Research Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Exp Dermatol 11:248-56. 2002..LI is caused by mutations in the gene that encodes the enzyme, transglutaminase 1 (TGI), which is responsible for assembly of the cornified envelope (CE)...
- Cathepsin D is involved in the regulation of transglutaminase 1 and epidermal differentiationFriederike Egberts
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:2295-307. 2004..Treatment of cultured keratinocytes with exogenous cathepsin D increased the activity of transglutaminase 1, known to cross-link the cornified envelope proteins involucrin and loricrin during epidermal ..
- Functional changes and motility characteristics of Japanese Black bull spermatozoa separated by PercollK Suzuki
Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station, Morioka 020 0123, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 77:157-72. 2003Spermatozoa from two Japanese Black bulls (Bull-ATF and Bull-KTG) were separated by centrifugation at 700 x g for 15min in modified TALP with or without 45-90% Percoll...
- Association of amino acid substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 3 with beta-lactam resistance in beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzaeK Ubukata
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morookacho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1693-9. 2001..His-517, near the conserved Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, was substituted for Arg-517 in group I strains (n = 9), and Lys-526 was substituted for Asn-526 in group II ..
- Epigenetics, genomic imprinting and assisted reproductive technologyY Le Bouc
Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 75571 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:237-8. 2010..methylation at the 11p15 imprinted locus [5-7]: respectively loss of methylation at the Imprinting Region Center (ICR2) or gain of methylation at ICR1 in BWS and loss of methylation at ICR1 in SRS...
- A novel homozygous mutation 371delA in TGM1 leads to a classic lamellar ichthyosis phenotypeM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 148:149-53. 2003..Immunofluorescence labelling with anti-TGase 1 antibodies was negative in the patient's epidermis...
- Cross-linked envelopes in nail plate in lamellar ichthyosisR H Rice
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8588, USA
Br J Dermatol 149:1050-4. 2003..Defective CE formation occurs in epidermal scale and hair in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1)-negative lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and has been proposed as a diagnostic aid for this syndrome.
- Transglutaminase 1-deficient recessive lamellar ichthyosis associated with a LINE-1 insertion in Jack Russell terrier dogsK M Credille
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Br J Dermatol 161:265-72. 2009..One cause of gene mutation important to humans and dogs is transposon insertions...
- Transglutaminase1 preferred substrate peptide K5 is an efficient tool in diagnosis of lamellar ichthyosisMasashi Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Am J Pathol 176:1592-9. 2010..b>Transglutaminase 1 (TGase1) deficiency by TGase1 gene (TGM1) mutations is the most prevalent cause of LI...
- Transglutaminase activity in the eye: cross-linking in epithelia and connective tissue structuresM Raghunath
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2780-7. 1999To assess the distribution of transglutaminase (TGase) activity in ocular tissues and the target structures for cross-linking.
- Acral self-healing collodion baby: report of a new clinical phenotype caused by a novel TGM1 mutationJ Mazereeuw-Hautier
Department of Dermatology, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31024, France
Br J Dermatol 161:456-63. 2009..Arg396His. These predictions corroborated the analysis of recombinant transglutaminase (TGase)-1 proteins carrying the p.Val359Met and p.Arg396His mutations...
- Clinical and morphological correlations for transglutaminase 1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosisE Laiho
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, Laboratory Department of Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Hum Genet 7:625-32. 1999..b>Transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) has been found as a defective gene in a large fraction of patients with lamellar ichthyosis (LI), a ..
- Mapping of a second locus for lamellar ichthyosis to chromosome 2q33-35L Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Hum Mol Genet 5:555-9. 1996..It was recently demonstrated to result from deleterious mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene...
- Involvement of transglutaminase in ex vivo maturation of cornified envelopes in the stratum corneumT Hirao
Shiseido Life Science Research Center, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama 224 8558, Japan
Int J Cosmet Sci 25:245-57. 2003..Labelled cadaverine as an exogenous substrate for transglutaminase (TGase) could be incorporated into CEs during maturation...
- Fibroblast apoptosis in a patient affected by lamellar ichthyosisDaniela Tavian
Laboratory of Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:417-24. 2009..The pathology may be caused by mutations in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene that encodes an enzyme critical for terminally differentiating keratinocytes...
- Lamellar ichthyosis with a novel homozygous C-terminal mutation in the transglutaminase-1 geneLaura Rodríguez-Pazos
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Dermatol 48:1195-7. 2009The majority of cases of Lamellar ichthyosis (LI) are caused by mutations in the transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) gene...
- Thyroxine stimulates transglutaminase activity in articular chondrocytesA K Rosenthal
Zablocki VA Medical Center and Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:463-70. 2003..Elevated activity levels of the two transglutaminase (Tgase) enzymes (type II Tgase and Factor XIIIA (FXIIIA)) have recently been described as additional features of ..
- Lamellar ichthyosis: further narrowing, physical and expression mapping of the chromosome 2 candidate locusL Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Eur J Hum Genet 7:77-87. 1999..Keratinocyte transglutaminase (or transglutaminase 1: TGM1) has been demonstrated to be the disease-causing gene in some families, whilst in others, a second ..
- Ampicillin-resistant non-beta-lactamase-producing Haemophilus influenzae in Spain: recent emergence of clonal isolates with increased resistance to cefotaxime and cefiximeSilvia Garcia Cobos
Antibiotic Laboratory, Bacteriology Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2564-73. 2007..Some 93.2% of the BLNAR strains had amino acid substitutions at the Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, the two most common being Asn526 to Lys (83.9%) and Arg517 to His (9.3%)...
- Dependence of Giardia lamblia encystation on novel transglutaminase activityB J Davids
Department of Pathology, Division of Infectious Diseases, UCSD Medical Center, University of California, CTF C 403, 214 Dickinson Street, San Diego, CA 92103 8416, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 136:173-80. 2004..we found that three protein disulfide isomerases (PDI) from Giardia lamblia (gPDI) also have transglutaminase (TGase) activity in vitro...
- Preparation and evaluation of ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin for periodontal diseasesJeon Heon Yang
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Wanju 565 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:871-5. 2007Ketorolac tromethamine gel (KT gel) and ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin (KTG gel) were prepared and their therapeutic effects on periodontitis were evaluated...
- Antisense inhibition of transglutaminase 2 affects development of mouse embryo submandibular gland in organ cultureSuk Keun Lee
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Gangneung 210 702, Republic of Korea
Arch Oral Biol 50:789-98. 2005Tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) has been implicated in numerous cellular functions, i.e., apoptosis, differentiation, extracellular matrix protein cross-linking and organogenesis...
- Epidermal growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor differentially regulate epidermal migration, growth, and differentiationS Gibbs
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 8:192-203. 2000..and migration, and an increase in keratin 6, keratin 16, skin-derived antileukoproteinase, involucrin and transglutaminase 1 expression...
- New mutations in the transglutaminase 1 gene in three families with lamellar ichthyosisX Cao
Department of Dermatology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nan Chang University, Nan Chang, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:904-9. 2009..Gene mutation in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1), which mediates cross-links in the formation of the cell envelope during terminal differentiation of ..
- Increased nuclear beta-catenin in suprabasal involved psoriatic epidermisP J Hampton
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Dermatol 157:1168-77. 2007..beta-catenin is not required for keratinocyte proliferation but has been shown to regulate keratinocyte stem cells and hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Discovery and identification of a novel Ligon lintless-like mutant (Lix) similar to the Ligon lintless (Li1) in allotetraploid cottonCaiping Cai
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, Cotton Research Institute, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 126:963-70. 2013..The Lix mutant is similar in morphology to the Ligon lintless (Li1) mutant. Genetic analysis and molecular mapping were performed for the Lix and Li1 mutants...
- Epigenetic anomalies in childhood growth disordersIrene Netchine
Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, APHP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, INSERM UMRS 938 team 4, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser 71:65-73. 2013..domains regulated by their own differentially methylated imprinted control region (ICR1 at the H19/IGF2 domain, and ICR2 at the KCNQ1/CDKN1C domain)...
- Specific TGM1 mutation profiles in bathing suit and self-improving collodion ichthyoses: phenotypic and genotypic data from 9 patients with dynamic phenotypes of autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosisEmmanuelle Bourrat
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 148:1191-5. 2012..Bathing suit ichthyosis is characterized by scaling of the skin in a bathing suit pattern, mainly limited to the trunk, whereas SICI is characterized by complete disappearance of the skin lesions...
- Enzymatic analysis of α-ketoglutaramate--a biomarker for hyperammonemiaLenka Halámková
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 13699, USA
Talanta 100:7-11. 2012..In both procedures, KGM is first converted to α-ketoglutarate (KTG) via a reaction catalyzed by ω-amidase (AMD)...
- 6/7Li NMR study of the Li1-zNi1+zO2 phasesCédric Chazel
Institut de Chimie de la Matière Condensée de Bordeaux CNRS and ENSCPB, Universite Bordeaux I, 87 Avenue Schweitzer, 33608 Pessac Cedex, France
Magn Reson Chem 43:849-57. 2005A series of Li1-zNi1+zO2 materials have been synthesised by the coprecipitation route...
- Susceptibility of the individual caseins in reconstituted skim milk to cross-linking by transglutaminase: influence of temperature, pH and mineral equilibriaKatharina Hinz
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Res 79:414-21. 2012The susceptibility of total casein and the individual caseins in reconstituted skim milk to transglutaminase (TGase)-induced cross-linking was studied as a function of incubation temperature (5-40 °C), pH (5·0-7·0) and mineral ..
- Transglutaminase-catalyzed formation of Alzheimer-like insoluble complexes from recombinant tauB J Balin
Division of Neuroscience, Departments of Pathology and Microbiology Immunology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Evans Hall, Philadelphia, PA
Methods Mol Med 32:395-404. 2000..modification such as phosphorylation (4,5), glycation (6-9), and crosslinking by transglutaminase (TGase) (10-16)...
- Selection of bovine catalase aptamers using non-SELEXJon Ashley
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Electrophoresis 33:2783-9. 2012..for the target and aptamer library by optimizing the buffer conditions using 3 × Tris-glycine-potassium phosphate (TGK) buffer as the run buffer and 1× TGK as the selection buffer to give the biggest complex peak...
- Polyamines and transglutaminase activity are involved in compatible and self-incompatible pollination of Citrus grandisAlessandra Gentile
Dipartimento di Scienze delle Produzioni Agrarie e Alimentari, Universita di Catania, Via Valdisavoia 5, 95123, Catania, Italy
Amino Acids 42:1025-35. 2012..The polyamine (PA) content as free, perchloric acid (PCA)-soluble and -insoluble fractions and transglutaminase (TGase) activity have been analyzed in order to deepen their possible involvement in the progamic phase of plant ..
- Enhancement of transglutaminase production in Streptomyces mobaraensis as achieved by treatment with excessive MgCl2Lili Zhang
School of Food Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:2335-43. 2012..the capacity for eight different salts as stress-mediated bioprocesses in the production of transglutaminase (TGase)...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-2 is expressed in different types of congenital ichthyosis: in vivo evidence for its cross-linking into the cornified cell envelope by transglutaminase-1V Oji
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
Br J Dermatol 154:860-7. 2006..Protease inhibitors are essential for skin homeostasis and in particular for the regulation of the desquamation process. Therefore, an aberrant expression of PAI-2 could be involved in the pathogenesis of certain cornification disorders...
- Identification of a preferred substrate peptide for transglutaminase 3 and detection of in situ activity in skin and hair folliclesAsaka Yamane
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
FEBS J 277:3564-74. 2010..Two main transglutaminases isoforms, epidermal-type (TGase 3) and keratinocyte-type (TGase 1), are cooperatively involved in this process of differentiating keratinocytes...
- Bathing suit ichthyosisFelicidade Trindade
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Cascais, Av Brigadeiro Victor Novais Gonçalves, 2755 009 Cascais, Portugal
Eur J Dermatol 20:447-50. 2010..suit ichthyosis (BSI) is a rare variant of autosomal recessive lamellar ichthyosis due to transglutaminase-1 (TGase-1) gene mutations leading to a temperature sensitive phenotype...
- TG2 protects neuroblastoma cells against DNA-damage-induced stress, suppresses p53 activationJanusz Tucholski
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1720, 7th Ave South, SC 981, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Amino Acids 39:523-32. 2010Tissue transglutaminase (TG2) is a multifunctional member of the transglutaminase (TGase) family (E.C.2.3.2...
- Expression of a thyroglobulin (Tg) variant in mouse kidney glomerulusHuhehasi Wu
Department of Bioregulation, Leprosy Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo 189 0002, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 389:269-73. 2009..present study provide evidence showing that this transcript is transcribed and translated into a unique protein (kTg) in the kidney, but not the thyroid gland...
- Secular trends and dynamics of hospital associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusL Armand-Lefevre
Bichat Claude Bernard University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, EA 3964, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1435-41. 2010..Four patterns (P) were found: P1 (KTGFq R, n = 776), P2 [KTFq R; G susceptible (S), n = 1630], P3 (Fq R; KTG S, n = 397) and P4 (Fq S; any KTG susceptibility, n = 201)...
- Transglutaminase II interacts with rac1, regulates production of reactive oxygen species, expression of snail, secretion of Th2 cytokines and mediates in vitro and in vivo allergic inflammationYoungmi Kim
School of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Republic of Korea
Mol Immunol 47:1010-22. 2010Transglutaminase II (TGase II) is a protein cross-linking enzyme with diverse biological functions. Here we report the role of TGase II in allergic inflammation...
- Formation of fibrous materials from dense calcium caseinate dispersionsJulita M Manski
Food and Bioprocess Engineering Group, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 8:1271-9. 2007Application of shear and cross-linking enzyme transglutaminase (Tgase) induced fibrous hierarchical structures in dense (30% w/w) calcium caseinate (Ca-caseinate) dispersions...
- Cell delivery using an injectable and adhesive transglutaminase-gelatin gelKenrick Kuwahara
Department of Biomedical Engineering, USC, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 16:609-18. 2010In this study, we developed an injectable gelatin-transglutaminase (TGase) gel for cell delivery. The procedure provides a minimally invasive approach to deliver cells into tissue in a manner that improves localization...
- Alteration of Rb binding to HPV 18 E7 modified by transglutaminase 2 with different type of polyaminesJu Hong Jeon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Aging and Apoptosis Research Center, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Front Biosci 11:1540-8. 2006..A previous study showed that transglutaminase (TGase) 2 catalyzes the incorporation of polyamines into HPV 18 E7 protein, and thereby diminishes its ability to bind Rb...
- Harlequin ichthyosis and other autosomal recessive congenital ichthyoses: the underlying genetic defects and pathomechanismsMasashi Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 42:83-9. 2006..The five genes are transglutaminase 1 gene (TGM1), ABCA12, two lipoxygenase genes, ALOXE3 and ALOX12B and ichthyin...
- On-column refolding and purification of transglutaminase from Streptomyces fradiae expressed as inclusion bodies in Escherichia coliXiao Qiu Liu
State Key Laboratories of Transducer Technology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Protein Expr Purif 51:179-86. 2007Since transglutaminase (TGase) have been widely used in industry, mass production of the enzyme is especially necessary...
- New insights into the pathogenesis of Beckwith-Wiedemann and Silver-Russell syndromes: contribution of small copy number variations to 11p15 imprinting defectsJulie Demars
Epigenetics in Human Health and Disease, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mutat 32:1171-82. 2011..two domains, each of them under the control of its own imprinting control region (ICR1 for the IGF2/H19 domain and ICR2 for the KCNQ1OT1/CDKN1C domain)...
- A transglutaminase homologue as a condensation catalyst in antibiotic assembly linesPascal D Fortin
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 448:824-7. 2007..Here we report that AdmF, a transglutaminase (TGase) homologue, catalyses the formation of the first amide bond, an N-acyl-beta-peptide link, in andrimid biosynthesis...
- Solid state bioreactor production of transglutaminase by Amazonian Bacillus circulans BL32 strainClaucia Fernanda Volken de Souza
Food Science and Technology Institute, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul State, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1677-85. 2008In this work, we investigated the production of transglutaminase (TGase) by an Amazonian isolated strain of Bacillus circulans by solid-state cultivation (SSC)...
- Effects of Hydroxydecine(®) (10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid) on skin barrier structure and function in vitro and clinical efficacy in the treatment of UV-induced xerosisHélène Duplan
Centre R and D Pierre Fabre 3, avenue Hubert Curien, 31035 Toulouse, France
Eur J Dermatol 21:906-15. 2011..Hydroxydecine(®) thus proved its efficacy in activating keratinocyte differentiation processes in vitro, restoring skin barrier function and reducing inflammation ex vivo, and hydrating dry skin in vivo...
- Protein analysis by 31p NMR spectroscopy in ionic liquid: quantitative determination of enzymatically created cross-linksEvanthia Monogioudi
VTT, P O Box 1000, FI 02044 VTT, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 59:1352-62. 2011..of β-casein by Trichoderma reesei tyrosinase (TrTyr) and Streptoverticillium mobaraense transglutaminase (Tgase) was analyzed by (31)P nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy in ionic liquid (IL)...
- Incorporation of 15N-labeled ammonia into glutamine amide groups by protein-glutaminase and analysis of the reactivity for α-lactalbuminNoriko Miwa
Institute of Life Science, Ajinomoto, Company, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki shi 210 8681, Kanagawa, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 59:12752-60. 2011..that an enzyme labeling technique (ELT), which is a stable isotope labeling method based on transglutaminase (TGase) reaction, is applicable for PG...
- Effects of phenyl saligenin phosphate on cell viability and transglutaminase activity in N2a neuroblastoma and HepG2 hepatoma cell linesW Harris
Natural Sciences Research Centre, School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS, United Kingdom
Toxicol In Vitro 23:1559-63. 2009..saligenin phosphate (PSP) could disrupt the activity of the Ca(2+)-activated enzyme tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) from cultured cell lines of neuronal (N2a) and hepatic (HepG2) origin...
- An arthropod cuticular chitin-binding protein endows injured sites with transglutaminase-dependent meshYasuyuki Matsuda
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:37316-24. 2007..epithelia and provides a vital physical barrier consisting of insoluble proteins cross-linked by transglutaminase (TGase)...
- Tissue expressions of nine genes important to immune defence of the Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannameiYu Chi Wang
Institute of Marine Biology, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 23:1161-77. 2007..lipopolysaccharide-beta-glucan binding protein (LGBP), haemocyanin, prophenoloxidase (proPO), transglutaminase (TGase), crustins, penaeidins (PEN), cytosolic manganese superoxide dismutase (cMnSOD), and lysozyme...
- E-cadherin and transglutaminase-1 epithelial barrier restoration precedes type IV collagen basement membrane reconstruction following vocal fold mucosal injuryChangying Ling
Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 193:158-69. 2011..These data may inform future efforts to optimize functional mucosal recovery postinjury and avoid undesirable events such as barrier compromise or epithelial metaplasia...
- In situ detection of active transglutaminases for keratinocyte type (TGase 1) and tissue type (TGase 2) using fluorescence-labeled highly reactive substrate peptidesMiho Itoh
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 59:180-7. 2011..In this study, a rapid, isozyme-specific, and sensitive detection of active keratinocyte type (TGase 1) and tissue type (TGase 2) was successful using fluorescence-labeled peptides...
- Screening of substrate peptide sequences for tissue-type transglutaminase (TGase 2) using T7 phage cDNA libraryYoshiaki Sugimura
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Cytotechnology 63:111-8. 2011Transglutaminase (TGase) is a family of enzymes that catalyzes cross-linking reaction between glutamine- and lysine residue of substrate proteins in several mammalian biological events...
- A cysteine-rich protein from an arthropod stabilizes clotting mesh and immobilizes bacteria at injury sitesYasuyuki Matsuda
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:33545-52. 2007..We have previously reported that horseshoe crab transglutaminase (TGase) promotes cross-linking of a clotting protein (coagulin) with hemocyte-derived proteins (proxins), resulting in ..
- Regulation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor function by integrin-associated cell surface transglutaminaseEvgeny A Zemskov
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 284:16693-703. 2009..These results reveal a previously unrecognized role for cell surface tTG in the regulation of the joint PDGFR/integrin signaling and PDGFR-dependent cell responses...
- Leifsonia psychrotolerans sp. nov., a psychrotolerant species of the family Microbacteriaceae from Livingston Island, AntarcticaLars Ganzert
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Research Department Potsdam, Telegrafenberg A45, 14473 Potsdam, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:1938-43. 2011A cold-tolerant, yellow-pigmented, Gram-positive, motile, facultatively anaerobic bacterial strain, LI1(T), was isolated from a moss-covered soil from Livingston Island, Antarctica, near the Bulgarian station St. Kliment Ohridski...
- Transglutaminase 1 stabilizes beta-actin in endothelial cells correlating with a stabilization of intercellular junctionsWerner Baumgartner
Department of Cellular Neurobionics, Institute of Biology II, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, and Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Vasc Res 44:234-40. 2007..mouse myocardium become resistant to various barrier-compromising stimuli correlating with the expression of transglutaminase 1 (TGase1) and its translocation towards cellular junctions...
- RETINOIC ACID-ACTIVATED GTP-BINDING/TRANSGLUTAMINASERICHARD CERIONE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently, we identified two candidate target/binding partners for the TGase, namely, the eukaryotic initiation factor (eIF)5A, and the retinoblastoma gene product (Rb), both of which are ..
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2010..gonorrhoeae with intermediate-level resistance to ceftriaxone. The role of the lytic TGase MltA as part of a multienzyme complex involved in cell division will be investigated by genetic studies...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009..gonorrhoeae with intermediate-level resistance to ceftriaxone. The role of the lytic TGase MltA as part of a multienzyme complex involved in cell division will be investigated by genetic studies...
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2002..The enzyme transglutaminase (TGase) catalyzes a unique post-translational modification of proteins, resulting in diverse biological effects in ..
- Caspase-14 and the Treatment of PsoriasisHasan Mukhtar; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- G PROTEIN AND PHOSPHOLIPASE C IN HORMONE SIGNALINGMie Jae Im; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies revealed that Galphah is a multifunctional enzyme Known as tissue type transglutaminase (TGase II). Thus, Galphah possesses two important biological functions the GTPase and transglutaminase activities...
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified the transglutaminase (Tgase) family of enzymes as important participants in CPPD crystal formation...
- KERATINOCYTE TRANSGLUTAMINASE--STRUCTURE AND REGULATIONRobert Rice; Fiscal Year: 1993Keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) is a membrane-bound phosphoprotein responsible for cross-linked envelope formation during terminal differentiation in epidermal cells...
- Role of GTP-binding/transglutaminase in cell survivalRICHARD CERIONE; Fiscal Year: 2007Tissue transglutaminase (TGase) is an approximately 80 kDa protein that exhibits GTP-binding and hydrolytic activities like signaling G proteins, as well as an enzymatic (transamidation) activity that catalyzes covalent linkages between ..
- Transglutaminase 2 S-Nitrosylation: Role in Age-Related Vascular StiffnessDan E Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, using TG2-/- mice, we show that TG2 is the primary TGase mediating stiffness of conduit arteries, and that it is regulated by endothelium-derived NO...
- Research Education for Future Physician-Scientists in Child PsychiatryJames Leckman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This fellowship program was initially funded by the Klingenstein Third Generation (KTG) Foundation in 2001...
- PROBES FOR CYTOMETRYZbigniew Darzynkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Activation of transglutaminase (TGase 2) during apoptosis...
- MITOCHONDRIAL DYSFUNCTION IN NEUROGEGENERATION OF AGINGGary Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2007..that form the key mitochondrial enzyme a-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase complex (KGDHC) and transglutaminase (TGase). Brain KGDHC activity declines in AD and HD. The reduction correlates highly with clinical state, at least in AD...
- MECHANISM OF TRANSGLUTAMINASE TYPE I REGULATION BY HOXA7PETER LA CELLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..and cis-acting elements that regulate differentiation-specific epidermal genes, such as transglutaminase type 1 (TGM1)...
- Molecular Mechanism of Matrix GLA Protein (MGP)KRISTINA I BOSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will characterize activation of SMAD signaling and relevant reporter genes induced by TGF-li1, BMP-2 and BMP-4 in presence of MGP, and identify the TGF-li / BMP receptors that are regulated by MGP...
- Role of GTP-binding/transglutaminase in cell survival and migrationRichard A Cerione; Fiscal Year: 2010Tissue transglutaminase-2 (TGase-2) has been suggested to be involved in a number of vitally important biological responses ranging from neuronal differentiation and neurodegenerative diseases to the regulation of cell growth and ..