Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGM1
Description: transglutaminase 1
Alias: ARCI1, ICR2, KTG, LI1, TGASE, TGK, K polypeptide epidermal type I, protein-glutamine-gamma-glutamyltransferase, TG(K), TGase K, TGase-1, epidermal TGase, protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase K, transglutaminase 1 isoform, transglutaminase K, transglutaminase, keratinocyte, transglutaminase-1
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Mutations of keratinocyte transglutaminase in lamellar ichthyosisM Huber
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vandois CHUV, Hôpital de Beaumont, Lausanne, Switzerland
Science 267:525-8. 1995..Affected individuals in three families exhibited drastically reduced keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) activity...
- Mutations in the gene for transglutaminase 1 in autosomal recessive lamellar ichthyosisL J Russell
Genetic Studies Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2757, USA
Nat Genet 9:279-83. 1995..lamellar ichthyosis (LI) to chromosome 14q11 and showed complete linkage with TGM1, the gene encoding transglutaminase 1. We have now identified point mutations in TGM1 in two of the multiplex LI families used in the linkage ..
- Transglutaminase-1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis: summary of mutations (including 23 novel) and modeling of TGase-1Matthew L Herman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Rockville, Maryland 20892 4562, USA
Hum Mutat 30:537-47. 2009..Germline mutations in TGM1 are the most common cause of ARCI in the United States. TGM1 encodes for the TGase-1 enzyme that functions in the formation of the cornified cell envelope...
- Strong founder effect for a transglutaminase 1 gene mutation in lamellar ichthyosis and congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma from NorwayM Pigg
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 6:589-96. 1998..It was recently shown that mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene may be associated with the clinical subtypes lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and non-bullous congenital ..
- Splice-site mutation in TGM1 in congenital recessive ichthyosis in American families: molecular, genetic, genealogic, and clinical studiesY O Shevchenko
Genetic Studies Section, Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2757, USA
Hum Genet 106:492-9. 2000..Mutations in the gene for transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) are responsible for many cases of LI and occur throughout the coding sequence of the gene...
- Structure and organization of the human transglutaminase 1 geneI G Kim
Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 267:7710-7. 1992..In order to determine the complexity of this system, we have isolated and characterized the human gene (TGM1). The gene of 14,133 base pairs was found to contain 15 exons spliced by 14 introns...
- The transglutaminase 1 enzyme is variably acylated by myristate and palmitate during differentiation in epidermal keratinocytesP M Steinert
Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2755, USA
J Biol Chem 271:26242-50. 1996The transglutaminase 1 (TGase 1) enzyme is involved in the formation of a cornified cell envelope in terminally differentiating epidermal keratinocytes...
- Three novel point mutations in the keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) gene in lamellar ichthyosis: significance for mutant transcript level, TGK immunodetection and activityE Petit
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 5:218-28. 1997..patients from 7 unrelated families with lamellar ichthyosis (LI) for defects in the keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) gene...
- Genotypic and clinical spectrum of self-improving collodion ichthyosis: ALOX12B, ALOXE3, and TGM1 mutations in Scandinavian patientsAnders Vahlquist
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Invest Dermatol 130:438-43. 2010..Mutations in two genes, TGM1 and ALOX12B, have previously been implicated in the etiology of SHCB, but the full genotypic spectrum remains to be ..
- Transglutaminase cross-linking properties of the small proline-rich 1 family of cornified cell envelope proteins. Integration with loricrinE Candi
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2752, USA
J Biol Chem 274:7226-37. 1999..for cross-linking by TGase 3, whereas those in head domain B sequences were used for cross-linking by TGase 1. The TGase 2 enzyme cross-linked SPR1 proteins poorly...
- An ERp60-like protein from the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis has both transglutaminase and protein disulfide isomerase activityR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:531-6. 1998..the presence of isopeptide bonds in the sheath and cuticle of filarial parasites, suggesting an important role for TGase-catalyzed reactions during the growth and development of filarial nematodes...
- Formation of cornified cell envelope in human hair follicle developmentM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 146:968-76. 2002....
- Effects of post-translational modifications catalysed by pollen transglutaminase on the functional properties of microtubules and actin filamentsStefano Del Duca
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, Sede Botanica, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 42, Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 418:651-64. 2009..To assess the activity of apple (Malus domestica) pollen TGase on the functional properties of actin and tubulin, TGase was prepared from apple pollen by hydrophobic- ..
- An in situ and in vitro investigation for the transglutaminase potential in tissue engineeringD I Zeugolis
Tissue Modulation Laboratory, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1310-20. 2010..The role of tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) in several pathophysiologies, wound healing applications, biomaterials functionalization, and drug delivery ..
- Sporadic inclusion body myositis correlates with increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2Y C Choi
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul 135 270, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 275:8703-10. 2000..We report that at least two different enzymes, the ubiquitous TGase 2 as well as the TGase 1 enzyme, are present in muscle tissues...
- Transglutaminase activity in the hematopoietic tissue of a crustacean, Pacifastacus leniusculus, importance in hemocyte homeostasisXionghui Lin
Department of Comparative Physiology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Immunol 9:58. 2008..We also found that TGase is an abundant protein in the hematopoietic tissue (Hpt) cells of crayfish and hence we have studied the possible ..
- Transglutaminases - possible drug targets in human diseasesVittorio Gentile
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Medical School, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 3:99-104. 2004..disease (PD), supranuclear palsy and Huntington disease (HD), are characterized in part by aberrant cerebral TGase activity and by increased cross-linked proteins in affected brain...
- Tissue transglutaminase acylation: Proposed role of conserved active site Tyr and Trp residues revealed by molecular modeling of peptide substrate bindingRoberto A Chica
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Protein Sci 13:979-91. 2004..Given the implication of tissue TGase in various physiological disorders, development of specific tissue TGase inhibitors is of current interest...
- Increased levels of gamma-glutamylamines in Huntington disease CSFThomas M Jeitner
Red Anvil, LLC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurochem 106:37-44. 2008..The resulting gamma-glutamylamines are excised intact during proteolysis. TGase activity is altered in several diseases, highlighting the importance of in situ enzymatic determinations...
- Kinetin affects the level of chloroplast polyamines and transglutaminase activity during senescence of barley leavesEwa Sobieszczuk-Nowicka
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 56:255-9. 2009..Immunodetection of transglutaminases (TGase) in thylakoid fraction revealed three bands of 33, 58 and 78 kDa...
- Activity of maize transglutaminase overexpressed in Escherichia coli inclusion bodies: an alternative to protein refoldingPatricia Carvajal
Dept of Molecular Genetics, Centre de Recerca Agrigenomica CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Jordi Girona Salgado 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Biotechnol Prog 27:232-40. 2011..In plants, this enzyme is poorly characterized and only the maize plastidial TGase gene (tgz) has been cloned...
- The emerging structural understanding of transglutaminase 3Bijan Ahvazi
X ray Crystallography Facility, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8023, USA
J Struct Biol 147:200-7. 2004Transglutaminases (TGase; protein-glutamine: amine gamma-glutamyl-transferase) are a family of calcium-dependent acyl-transfer enzymes ubiquitously expressed in mammalian cells and responsible for catalyzing covalent cross-links between ..
- Differential expression of multiple transglutaminases in human brain. Increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2 in Alzheimer's diseaseS Y Kim
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30715-21. 1999..chain reaction and immunological methods with specific antibodies that in fact three members, the TGase 1, TGase 2, and TGase 3 enzymes, and are differentially expressed in various regions of normal human brain tissues...
- Identification of the eukaryotic initiation factor 5A as a retinoic acid-stimulated cellular binding partner for tissue transglutaminase IIU S Singh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1946-50. 1998..essential for cell viability, perhaps through effects on protein synthesis and/or RNA export, associates with the TGase in vivo...
- Recent patents on transglutaminase production and applications: a brief reviewMireya Santos
Centre of Research in Agrogenomics CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Department of Molecular Genetics, Jordi Girona 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Recent Pat Biotechnol 3:166-74. 2009The transglutaminases (TGase; EC2.3.2...
- Remodeling of tobacco thylakoids by over-expression of maize plastidial transglutaminaseNikolaos E Ioannidis
Department of Biology, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:1215-22. 2009..Here we report the effect of the over-expression of maize (Zea mays) chloroplast TGase in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum var. Petit Havana) chloroplasts...
- Transglutaminase 5 cross-links loricrin, involucrin, and small proline-rich proteins in vitroE Candi
Biochemistry Laboratory, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:35014-23. 2001..A new member of the TGase family, TGase 5, has been identified recently, and in the present study we evaluated its role in keratinocyte ..
- Cross linking of polyglutamine domains catalyzed by tissue transglutaminase is greatly favored with pathological-length repeats: does transglutaminase activity play a role in (CAG)(n)/Q(n)-expansion diseases?Arthur J L Cooper
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Neurochem Int 40:53-67. 2002..three Ca(2+)-dependent enzymes (transglutaminases, TGases) that catalyze protein cross-linking reactions, namely TGase 1, TGase 2 (tissue transglutaminase, tTGase) and TGase 3...
- Transglutaminase-3 enzyme: a putative actor in human hair shaft scaffolding?Sebastien Thibaut
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:449-59. 2009The family of transglutaminases (TGase) is known to be involved in terminal differentiation processes in the epidermis. These enzymes contribute also to the physical resistance and the preservation of the hair follicle structure...
- Tissue specific and androgen-regulated expression of human prostate-specific transglutaminaseH J Dubbink
Department of Urology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 315:901-8. 1996..In the prostate at least two TGases are present, the ubiquitously expressed tissue-type TGase (TGC), and a prostate-restricted TGase (TGP)...
- Chondrocyte-derived transglutaminase promotes maturation of preosteoblasts in periosteal boneMaria Nurminskaya
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Biol 263:139-52. 2003..One factor is TGase. In the cocultures, inhibition of TGase reduces mineralization, and addition of the enzyme enhances it...
- Substrate specificity of streptomyces transglutaminasesJames Langston
Novozymes, Inc, 1445 Drew Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 136:291-308. 2007Transglutaminase (TGase) is a multifunctional enzyme vital for many physiologic processes, such as cell differentiation, tissue regeneration, and plant pathogenicity...
- Comparison of substrate specificities of transglutaminases using synthetic peptides as acyl donorsT Ohtsuka
Food Research and Development Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki shi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:2608-13. 2000Transglutaminase (TGase) is an enzyme that catalyzes acyl transfer reactions between primary amines and Gln residues in proteins or peptides...
- Cinnamoyl inhibitors of tissue transglutaminaseChristophe Pardin
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Org Chem 73:5766-75. 2008..Unregulated, high TGase activities have been implicated in several physiological disorders, but few reversible inhibitors of TG2 have been ..
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the transglutaminase gene family from human keratinocytes. Detection and identification of transglutaminase gene products based on reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction with degenerate primersD Aeschlimann
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3452-60. 1998..We demonstrate amplification of tissue transglutaminase (TGC), keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK), prostate transglutaminase (TGP), the a-subunit of factor XIII, and band 4...
- Squamous metaplasia induced by transfection of human papillomavirus DNA into cultured adenocarcinoma cellsT Kinjo
Department of Pathology, Ryukyu University School of Medicine, 207 Uehara, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Mol Pathol 56:97-108. 2003..In this present study, the effects of HPV transfection into adenocarcinoma cells were examined. The relation between the region expressing the HPV gene and squamous metaplasia was also studied...
- Dietary glucosylceramide enhances cornified envelope formation via transglutaminase expression and involucrin productionTatsuya Hasegawa
Shiseido Functional Food Research and Development Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 8643, Japan
Lipids 46:529-35. 2011..The GlcCer treatment also increased the level of TGase-1 mRNA in UVB-irradiated murine epidermis approximately 1.6-fold compared with the control...
- GTP, an inhibitor of transglutaminases, is hydrolyzed by tissue-type transglutaminase (TGase 2) but not by epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3)K Hitomi
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:657-9. 2000Epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3) is devoid of GTPase activity, but its TGase activity is inhibited by GTP as in the case of tissue-type TGase (TGase 2)...
- Transglutaminase 5 is acetylated at the N-terminal endA Rufini
Biochemistry Laboratory, IDI IRCCS, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Amino Acids 26:425-30. 2004..and a partial biochemical characterisation showed its involvement in skin differentiation, in parallel to TGase 1 and TGase 3...
- Transglutaminases in vascular biology: relevance for vascular remodeling and atherosclerosisErik N T P Bakker
Department of Medical Physics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Vasc Res 45:271-8. 2008The transglutaminase (Tgase) family consists of nine known members of whom at least three are expressed in the vascular system: type 1 Tgase, type 2 Tgase and factor XIII...
- Novel role of transglutaminase 1 in corpora amylacea formation?Micha M M Wilhelmus
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU University Medical Center, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 32:845-56. 2011..We propose that TG1-catalyzed cross-linking and consequent polymerization of cytoskeletal and cytoskeleton-associated proteins may underlie CA formation...
- Transglutaminase activity and transglutaminase mRNA transcripts in gerbil brain ischemiaRiccardo Ientile
Department of Biochemical, Physiological and Nutritional Sciences, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Neurosci Lett 363:173-7. 2004..RT-PCR demonstrated the presence of significant mRNA amounts of transglutaminase 2 and transglutaminase 1, both in the hippocampus and the cerebral cortex, while low levels were found for transglutaminase 3 ..
- Triggered psoriasisR Wolf
Department of Dermatology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Ichilov Hospital, Israel
Adv Exp Med Biol 455:221-5. 1999..The chemical structure of the antimalarials is very similar to dansylputrescine, a potent transglutaminase (TGase) inhibitor...
- Basis for the permeability barrier abnormality in lamellar ichthyosisPeter M Elias
Dermatology Service and Research Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Exp Dermatol 11:248-56. 2002..LI is caused by mutations in the gene that encodes the enzyme, transglutaminase 1 (TGI), which is responsible for assembly of the cornified envelope (CE)...
- Cathepsin D is involved in the regulation of transglutaminase 1 and epidermal differentiationFriederike Egberts
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:2295-307. 2004..Treatment of cultured keratinocytes with exogenous cathepsin D increased the activity of transglutaminase 1, known to cross-link the cornified envelope proteins involucrin and loricrin during epidermal ..
- Functional changes and motility characteristics of Japanese Black bull spermatozoa separated by PercollK Suzuki
Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station, Morioka 020 0123, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 77:157-72. 2003Spermatozoa from two Japanese Black bulls (Bull-ATF and Bull-KTG) were separated by centrifugation at 700 x g for 15min in modified TALP with or without 45-90% Percoll...
- Association of amino acid substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 3 with beta-lactam resistance in beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzaeK Ubukata
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morookacho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1693-9. 2001..His-517, near the conserved Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, was substituted for Arg-517 in group I strains (n = 9), and Lys-526 was substituted for Asn-526 in group II ..
- Epigenetics, genomic imprinting and assisted reproductive technologyY Le Bouc
Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 75571 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:237-8. 2010..methylation at the 11p15 imprinted locus [5-7]: respectively loss of methylation at the Imprinting Region Center (ICR2) or gain of methylation at ICR1 in BWS and loss of methylation at ICR1 in SRS...
- A novel homozygous mutation 371delA in TGM1 leads to a classic lamellar ichthyosis phenotypeM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 148:149-53. 2003..Immunofluorescence labelling with anti-TGase 1 antibodies was negative in the patient's epidermis...
- Cross-linked envelopes in nail plate in lamellar ichthyosisR H Rice
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8588, USA
Br J Dermatol 149:1050-4. 2003..Defective CE formation occurs in epidermal scale and hair in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1)-negative lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and has been proposed as a diagnostic aid for this syndrome.
- Transglutaminase 1-deficient recessive lamellar ichthyosis associated with a LINE-1 insertion in Jack Russell terrier dogsK M Credille
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Br J Dermatol 161:265-72. 2009..One cause of gene mutation important to humans and dogs is transposon insertions...
- Transglutaminase1 preferred substrate peptide K5 is an efficient tool in diagnosis of lamellar ichthyosisMasashi Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Am J Pathol 176:1592-9. 2010..b>Transglutaminase 1 (TGase1) deficiency by TGase1 gene (TGM1) mutations is the most prevalent cause of LI...
- Acral self-healing collodion baby: report of a new clinical phenotype caused by a novel TGM1 mutationJ Mazereeuw-Hautier
Department of Dermatology, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31024, France
Br J Dermatol 161:456-63. 2009..Arg396His. These predictions corroborated the analysis of recombinant transglutaminase (TGase)-1 proteins carrying the p.Val359Met and p.Arg396His mutations...
- Transglutaminase activity in the eye: cross-linking in epithelia and connective tissue structuresM Raghunath
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2780-7. 1999To assess the distribution of transglutaminase (TGase) activity in ocular tissues and the target structures for cross-linking.
- Clinical and morphological correlations for transglutaminase 1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosisE Laiho
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, Laboratory Department of Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Hum Genet 7:625-32. 1999..b>Transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) has been found as a defective gene in a large fraction of patients with lamellar ichthyosis (LI), a ..
- Lamellar ichthyosis with a novel homozygous C-terminal mutation in the transglutaminase-1 geneLaura Rodríguez-Pazos
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Dermatol 48:1195-7. 2009The majority of cases of Lamellar ichthyosis (LI) are caused by mutations in the transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) gene...
- Thyroxine stimulates transglutaminase activity in articular chondrocytesA K Rosenthal
Zablocki VA Medical Center and Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:463-70. 2003..Elevated activity levels of the two transglutaminase (Tgase) enzymes (type II Tgase and Factor XIIIA (FXIIIA)) have recently been described as additional features of ..
- Mapping of a second locus for lamellar ichthyosis to chromosome 2q33-35L Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Hum Mol Genet 5:555-9. 1996..It was recently demonstrated to result from deleterious mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene...
- Fibroblast apoptosis in a patient affected by lamellar ichthyosisDaniela Tavian
Laboratory of Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:417-24. 2009..The pathology may be caused by mutations in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene that encodes an enzyme critical for terminally differentiating keratinocytes...
- Involvement of transglutaminase in ex vivo maturation of cornified envelopes in the stratum corneumT Hirao
Shiseido Life Science Research Center, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama 224 8558, Japan
Int J Cosmet Sci 25:245-57. 2003..Labelled cadaverine as an exogenous substrate for transglutaminase (TGase) could be incorporated into CEs during maturation...
- Lamellar ichthyosis: further narrowing, physical and expression mapping of the chromosome 2 candidate locusL Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Eur J Hum Genet 7:77-87. 1999..Keratinocyte transglutaminase (or transglutaminase 1: TGM1) has been demonstrated to be the disease-causing gene in some families, whilst in others, a second ..
- Ampicillin-resistant non-beta-lactamase-producing Haemophilus influenzae in Spain: recent emergence of clonal isolates with increased resistance to cefotaxime and cefiximeSilvia García-Cobos
Antibiotic Laboratory, Bacteriology Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2564-73. 2007..Some 93.2% of the BLNAR strains had amino acid substitutions at the Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, the two most common being Asn526 to Lys (83.9%) and Arg517 to His (9.3%)...
- Dependence of Giardia lamblia encystation on novel transglutaminase activityB J Davids
Department of Pathology, Division of Infectious Diseases, UCSD Medical Center, University of California, CTF C 403, 214 Dickinson Street, San Diego, CA 92103 8416, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 136:173-80. 2004..we found that three protein disulfide isomerases (PDI) from Giardia lamblia (gPDI) also have transglutaminase (TGase) activity in vitro...
- Preparation and evaluation of ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin for periodontal diseasesJeon Heon Yang
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Wanju 565 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:871-5. 2007Ketorolac tromethamine gel (KT gel) and ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin (KTG gel) were prepared and their therapeutic effects on periodontitis were evaluated...
- Antisense inhibition of transglutaminase 2 affects development of mouse embryo submandibular gland in organ cultureSuk Keun Lee
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Gangneung 210 702, Republic of Korea
Arch Oral Biol 50:789-98. 2005Tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) has been implicated in numerous cellular functions, i.e., apoptosis, differentiation, extracellular matrix protein cross-linking and organogenesis...
- Epidermal growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor differentially regulate epidermal migration, growth, and differentiationS Gibbs
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 8:192-203. 2000..and migration, and an increase in keratin 6, keratin 16, skin-derived antileukoproteinase, involucrin and transglutaminase 1 expression...
- New mutations in the transglutaminase 1 gene in three families with lamellar ichthyosisX Cao
Department of Dermatology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nan Chang University, Nan Chang, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:904-9. 2009..Gene mutation in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1), which mediates cross-links in the formation of the cell envelope during terminal differentiation of ..
- Increased nuclear beta-catenin in suprabasal involved psoriatic epidermisP J Hampton
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Dermatol 157:1168-77. 2007..beta-catenin is not required for keratinocyte proliferation but has been shown to regulate keratinocyte stem cells and hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Transglutaminase-1 mutations in Omani families with lamellar ichthyosisAisha Al-Naamani
Department of Genetics, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khoud, Oman
Med Princ Pract 22:438-43. 2013..To determine the molecular basis of familial ichthyosis in three Omani families...
- Screening for the preferred substrate sequence of transglutaminase using a phage-displayed peptide library: identification of peptide substrates for TGASE 2 and Factor XIIIAYoshiaki Sugimura
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:17699-706. 2006Mammalian transglutaminase (TGase) catalyzes covalent cross-linking of peptide-bound lysine residues or incorporation of primary amines to limited glutamine residues in substrate proteins...
- Kinetic analysis of the action of tissue transglutaminase on peptide and protein substratesApril Case
Laboratory for Drug Discovery in Neurodegeneration, Harvard Center for Neurodegeneration and Repair, 65 Landsdowne Street, Fourth Floor, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biochemistry 42:9466-81. 2003Tissue transglutaminase (TGase) catalyzes transfer of gamma-acyl moieties of Gln residues in peptides or protein substrates to either water or amine nucleophiles through an acyl-enzyme intermediate formed from initial acyl-transfer to an ..
- Protein crosslinking, tissue transglutaminase, alternative splicing and neurodegenerationBruce A Citron
Neurobiology Research Laboratory, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4801 Linwood Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
Neurochem Int 40:69-78. 2002..One novel mechanism for this may be transglutaminase (TGase)-mediated protein crosslinking, that is involved in a variety of natural processes ranging from the stabilization ..
- Effects of tissue transglutaminase on beta -amyloid1-42-induced apoptosisJoseph J Wakshlag
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Protein J 25:83-94. 2006Tissue transglutaminase (TGase) has been implicated in both cell survival and apoptosis. Here we investigate the role of TGase in beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity using retinoic acid (RA)-differentiated, neuronal SH-SY5Y cells...
- Importance of Ca(2+)-dependent transamidation activity in the protection afforded by tissue transglutaminase against doxorubicin-induced apoptosisSunando Datta
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biochemistry 45:13163-74. 2006Tissue transglutaminase II (TGase-II), which is capable of both GTP binding and transamidation activities, has been implicated in a variety of biological disorders ranging from cancer to neurodegenerative diseases...
- Improvement of transglutaminase production by extending differentiation phase of Streptomyces hygroscopicus: mechanism and applicationKangkang Chen
School of Biotechnology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Road, Wuxi, 214122, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:7711-9. 2013Streptomyces transglutaminase (TGase) is an important industrial enzyme that catalyzes cross-linking of proteins. It is secreted as a zymogene and then is activated by proteases under physiological conditions...
- IgE production in CD40/CD40L cross-talk of B and mast cells and mediator release via TGase 2 in mouse allergic asthmaGwan Ui Hong
Department of Pharmacology and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Republic of Korea
Cell Signal 25:1514-25. 2013b>TGase 2 is over-expressed in a variety of inflammatory diseases including allergic asthma...
- Congenital lamellar ichthyosis in Tunisia is caused by a founder nonsense mutation in the TGM1 geneNacim Louhichi
Human Molecular Genetic Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, Avenue Magida Boulila, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
Mol Biol Rep 40:2527-32. 2013..Mutations in the TGM1 gene encoding transglutaminase-1 are a major cause of LI...
- Changes in growth rate and thyroid- and sex-hormones blood levels in rats under sub-chronic lithium treatmentM S Allagui
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Animale, Faculte des Sciences de Sfax, 3018 Sfax, Tunisie
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:243-50. 2006..batches and fed commercial pellets: one batch was the control and the second and third batches were given 2 g (Li1) and 4 g (Li2) of lithium carbonate/kg of food/day, respectively...
- Therapeutic effects of cystamine in a murine model of Huntington's diseaseAlpaslan Dedeoglu
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bedford, Massachusetts 01730, USA
J Neurosci 22:8942-50. 2002..protein can contribute to toxic cellular aggregates that may be formed in part by tissue transglutaminase (Tgase). Tgase activity is increased in HD brain...
- Discovery and identification of a novel Ligon lintless-like mutant (Lix) similar to the Ligon lintless (Li1) in allotetraploid cottonCaiping Cai
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement, Cotton Research Institute, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 126:963-70. 2013..The Lix mutant is similar in morphology to the Ligon lintless (Li1) mutant. Genetic analysis and molecular mapping were performed for the Lix and Li1 mutants...
- Specific TGM1 mutation profiles in bathing suit and self-improving collodion ichthyoses: phenotypic and genotypic data from 9 patients with dynamic phenotypes of autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosisEmmanuelle Bourrat
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 148:1191-5. 2012..Bathing suit ichthyosis is characterized by scaling of the skin in a bathing suit pattern, mainly limited to the trunk, whereas SICI is characterized by complete disappearance of the skin lesions...
- Epigenetic anomalies in childhood growth disordersIrene Netchine
Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, APHP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, INSERM UMRS 938 team 4, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser 71:65-73. 2013..domains regulated by their own differentially methylated imprinted control region (ICR1 at the H19/IGF2 domain, and ICR2 at the KCNQ1/CDKN1C domain)...
- Susceptibility of the individual caseins in reconstituted skim milk to cross-linking by transglutaminase: influence of temperature, pH and mineral equilibriaKatharina Hinz
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Res 79:414-21. 2012The susceptibility of total casein and the individual caseins in reconstituted skim milk to transglutaminase (TGase)-induced cross-linking was studied as a function of incubation temperature (5-40 °C), pH (5·0-7·0) and mineral ..
- Enzymatic analysis of α-ketoglutaramate--a biomarker for hyperammonemiaLenka Halámková
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 13699, USA
Talanta 100:7-11. 2012..In both procedures, KGM is first converted to α-ketoglutarate (KTG) via a reaction catalyzed by ω-amidase (AMD)...
- Transglutaminase-catalyzed formation of Alzheimer-like insoluble complexes from recombinant tauB J Balin
Division of Neuroscience, Departments of Pathology and Microbiology Immunology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Evans Hall, Philadelphia, PA
Methods Mol Med 32:395-404. 2000..modification such as phosphorylation (4,5), glycation (6-9), and crosslinking by transglutaminase (TGase) (10-16)...
- 6/7Li NMR study of the Li1-zNi1+zO2 phasesCédric Chazel
Institut de Chimie de la Matière Condensée de Bordeaux CNRS and ENSCPB, Universite Bordeaux I, 87 Avenue Schweitzer, 33608 Pessac Cedex, France
Magn Reson Chem 43:849-57. 2005A series of Li1-zNi1+zO2 materials have been synthesised by the coprecipitation route...
- Polyamines and transglutaminase activity are involved in compatible and self-incompatible pollination of Citrus grandisAlessandra Gentile
Dipartimento di Scienze delle Produzioni Agrarie e Alimentari, Universita di Catania, Via Valdisavoia 5, 95123, Catania, Italy
Amino Acids 42:1025-35. 2012..The polyamine (PA) content as free, perchloric acid (PCA)-soluble and -insoluble fractions and transglutaminase (TGase) activity have been analyzed in order to deepen their possible involvement in the progamic phase of plant ..
- Enhancement of transglutaminase production in Streptomyces mobaraensis as achieved by treatment with excessive MgCl2Lili Zhang
School of Food Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:2335-43. 2012..the capacity for eight different salts as stress-mediated bioprocesses in the production of transglutaminase (TGase)...
- Selection of bovine catalase aptamers using non-SELEXJon Ashley
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Electrophoresis 33:2783-9. 2012..for the target and aptamer library by optimizing the buffer conditions using 3 × Tris-glycine-potassium phosphate (TGK) buffer as the run buffer and 1× TGK as the selection buffer to give the biggest complex peak...
- A transglutaminase homologue as a condensation catalyst in antibiotic assembly linesPascal D Fortin
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 448:824-7. 2007..Here we report that AdmF, a transglutaminase (TGase) homologue, catalyses the formation of the first amide bond, an N-acyl-beta-peptide link, in andrimid biosynthesis...
- Secular trends and dynamics of hospital associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusL Armand-Lefevre
Bichat Claude Bernard University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, EA 3964, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1435-41. 2010..Four patterns (P) were found: P1 (KTGFq R, n = 776), P2 [KTFq R; G susceptible (S), n = 1630], P3 (Fq R; KTG S, n = 397) and P4 (Fq S; any KTG susceptibility, n = 201)...
- Identification of a preferred substrate peptide for transglutaminase 3 and detection of in situ activity in skin and hair folliclesAsaka Yamane
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
FEBS J 277:3564-74. 2010..Two main transglutaminases isoforms, epidermal-type (TGase 3) and keratinocyte-type (TGase 1), are cooperatively involved in this process of differentiating keratinocytes...
- Transglutaminase II interacts with rac1, regulates production of reactive oxygen species, expression of snail, secretion of Th2 cytokines and mediates in vitro and in vivo allergic inflammationYoungmi Kim
School of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Republic of Korea
Mol Immunol 47:1010-22. 2010Transglutaminase II (TGase II) is a protein cross-linking enzyme with diverse biological functions. Here we report the role of TGase II in allergic inflammation...
- A cysteine-rich protein from an arthropod stabilizes clotting mesh and immobilizes bacteria at injury sitesYasuyuki Matsuda
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:33545-52. 2007..We have previously reported that horseshoe crab transglutaminase (TGase) promotes cross-linking of a clotting protein (coagulin) with hemocyte-derived proteins (proxins), resulting in ..
- Leifsonia psychrotolerans sp. nov., a psychrotolerant species of the family Microbacteriaceae from Livingston Island, AntarcticaLars Ganzert
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Research Department Potsdam, Telegrafenberg A45, 14473 Potsdam, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:1938-43. 2011A cold-tolerant, yellow-pigmented, Gram-positive, motile, facultatively anaerobic bacterial strain, LI1(T), was isolated from a moss-covered soil from Livingston Island, Antarctica, near the Bulgarian station St. Kliment Ohridski...
- TG2 protects neuroblastoma cells against DNA-damage-induced stress, suppresses p53 activationJanusz Tucholski
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1720, 7th Ave South, SC 981, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Amino Acids 39:523-32. 2010Tissue transglutaminase (TG2) is a multifunctional member of the transglutaminase (TGase) family (E.C.2.3.2...
- Transglutaminase 1 stabilizes beta-actin in endothelial cells correlating with a stabilization of intercellular junctionsWerner Baumgartner
Department of Cellular Neurobionics, Institute of Biology II, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, and Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Vasc Res 44:234-40. 2007..mouse myocardium become resistant to various barrier-compromising stimuli correlating with the expression of transglutaminase 1 (TGase1) and its translocation towards cellular junctions...
- Effects of Hydroxydecine(®) (10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid) on skin barrier structure and function in vitro and clinical efficacy in the treatment of UV-induced xerosisHélène Duplan
Centre R and D Pierre Fabre 3, avenue Hubert Curien, 31035 Toulouse, France
Eur J Dermatol 21:906-15. 2011..Hydroxydecine(®) thus proved its efficacy in activating keratinocyte differentiation processes in vitro, restoring skin barrier function and reducing inflammation ex vivo, and hydrating dry skin in vivo...
- Formation of fibrous materials from dense calcium caseinate dispersionsJulita M Manski
Food and Bioprocess Engineering Group, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 8:1271-9. 2007Application of shear and cross-linking enzyme transglutaminase (Tgase) induced fibrous hierarchical structures in dense (30% w/w) calcium caseinate (Ca-caseinate) dispersions...
- Bathing suit ichthyosisFelicidade Trindade
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Cascais, Av Brigadeiro Victor Novais Gonçalves, 2755 009 Cascais, Portugal
Eur J Dermatol 20:447-50. 2010..suit ichthyosis (BSI) is a rare variant of autosomal recessive lamellar ichthyosis due to transglutaminase-1 (TGase-1) gene mutations leading to a temperature sensitive phenotype...
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF A MAJOR CELL ENVELOPE PROTEINDENNIS ROOP; Fiscal Year: 1999..Since mutations in keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) cause lamellar ichthyosis (LI), a severe congenital skin disorder characterized by generalized large scales and ..
- THE ROLE OF CONTRACTILE PROTEINS IN PLATELETSELENA PUSZKIN; Fiscal Year: 1990This proposal is aimed toward an understanding of a transglutaminase (TGase) recently isolated and characterized in our laboratory from human platelets and smooth muscle tissue, that is different from factor XIIIa...
- G PROTEIN AND PHOSPHOLIPASE C IN HORMONE SIGNALINGMie Jae Im; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies revealed that Galphah is a multifunctional enzyme Known as tissue type transglutaminase (TGase II). Thus, Galphah possesses two important biological functions the GTPase and transglutaminase activities...
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified the transglutaminase (Tgase) family of enzymes as important participants in CPPD crystal formation...
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..4) Determine whether epidermal transglutaminase (TGase I) is regulated by the same factor(s) and whether the synthesis and activity of the trans-acting factor(s) is ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTIVATION OF LATENT TGF BETA BY VASCULAR EDaniel Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2000..also requires the action of urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA), plasmin, tissue type II transglutaminase (TGase), interaction of the complex with the cell surface mannose 6- phosphate/IGF-II receptor (M6P/IGF-IIr), and active ..
- MECHANISM OF TRANSGLUTAMINASE TYPE I REGULATION BY HOXA7PETER LA CELLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..and cis-acting elements that regulate differentiation-specific epidermal genes, such as transglutaminase type 1 (TGM1)...
- BASIS OF HOXA7 REGULATION OF EPIDERMAL TRANSGLUTAMINASEPETER LA CELLE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Sequence homology indicates that the KD-enhancer is present in the TGM1 5' promoter region (K3), which contains a Hox DNA recognition core element as well as a 90% identical binding site ..