Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGF-beta1
Description: transforming growth factor beta 1
Alias: CED, DPD1, LAP, TGFB, TGFbeta, transforming growth factor beta-1, TGF-beta-1, latency-associated peptide, prepro-transforming growth factor beta-1
Publications499 found, 100 shown here
- Munger J, Huang X, Kawakatsu H, Griffiths M, Dalton S, Wu J, et al. The integrin alpha v beta 6 binds and activates latent TGF beta 1: a mechanism for regulating pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis. Cell. 1999;96:319-28 pubmed..We show that TGF beta 1 LAP is a ligand for the integrin alpha v beta 6 and that alpha v beta 6-expressing cells induce spatially ..
- McMahon S, Laprise M, Dubois C. Alternative pathway for the role of furin in tumor cell invasion process. Enhanced MMP-2 levels through bioactive TGFbeta. Exp Cell Res. 2003;291:326-39 pubmed..Western blot-analysis of TGFbeta1 fragmentation species indicated that TGFbeta maturation step required furin activity, whereas results from TGFbeta-inducible reporter assays in the presence ..
- Choi S, Hwang S. Modulation of the transforming growth factor-beta signal transduction pathway by hepatitis C virus nonstructural 5A protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7468-78 pubmed..These results indicate that HCV NS5A modulates TGF-beta signaling through interaction with TbetaR-I and that NS5A may be an important risk factor in HCV-associated liver pathogenesis. ..
- Finnson K, Tam B, Liu K, Marcoux A, Lepage P, Roy S, et al. Identification of CD109 as part of the TGF-beta receptor system in human keratinocytes. FASEB J. 2006;20:1525-7 pubmed..Together, our results linking CD109 function to regulation of TGF-beta signaling suggest that CD109 plays a unique role in the regulation of isoform-specific TGF-beta signaling in keratinocytes. ..
- Prasad P, Tiwari A, Kumar K, Ammini A, Gupta A, Gupta R, et al. Association of TGFbeta1, TNFalpha, CCR2 and CCR5 gene polymorphisms in type-2 diabetes and renal insufficiency among Asian Indians. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8:20 pubmed..Transforming growth factor beta1 (TGF beta1) induces renal hypertrophy and fibrosis, and cytokines like tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha), ..
- Tatti O, Vehviläinen P, Lehti K, Keski Oja J. MT1-MMP releases latent TGF-beta1 from endothelial cell extracellular matrix via proteolytic processing of LTBP-1. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2501-14 pubmed publisher..Current results identify MT1-MMP-mediated proteolytic processing of ECM-bound LTBP-1 as a mechanism to release latent TGF-beta from the subendothelial matrix. ..
- Visentainer J, Sell A, da Silva G, Cavichioli A, Franceschi D, Lieber S, et al. TNF, IFNG, IL6, IL10 and TGFB1 gene polymorphisms in South and Southeast Brazil. Int J Immunogenet. 2008;35:287-93 pubmed publisher..These findings have an enormous importance for experimental design and empowering future linkage and association mapping studies of the role of cytokines in human diseases and allotransplantation outcome in Brazil. ..
- Al Salihi M, Herhaus L, MacArtney T, Sapkota G. USP11 augments TGFβ signalling by deubiquitylating ALK5. Open Biol. 2012;2:120063 pubmed publisher..Central to TGFβ pathway signalling in early embryogenesis and carcinogenesis is TGFβ-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition. USP11 depletion results in inhibition of TGFβ-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition. ..
- Jain M, Rivera S, Monclus E, Synenki L, Zirk A, Eisenbart J, et al. Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species regulate transforming growth factor-? signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:770-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that mitochondrial ROS are essential for normal TGF-?-mediated gene expression and that targeting mitochondrial ROS might be beneficial in diseases associated with excessive fibrosis. ..
- Okano K, Schnaper H, Bomsztyk K, Hayashida T. RACK1 binds to Smad3 to modulate transforming growth factor-beta1-stimulated alpha2(I) collagen transcription in renal tubular epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26196-204 pubmed..These results suggest that RACK1 modulates transcription of alpha2(I) collagen by TGF-beta1 through interference with Smad3 binding to the gene promoter. ..
- Rees J, Onwuegbusi B, Save V, Alderson D, Fitzgerald R. In vivo and in vitro evidence for transforming growth factor-beta1-mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9583-90 pubmed..These functional changes were reversed by BMP7 and SMAD4 RNA interference in vitro. These data suggest that TGF-beta1-mediated EMT may be relevant in esophageal carcinogenesis. ..
- Lewis K, Gray P, Blount A, MacConell L, Wiater E, Bilezikjian L, et al. Betaglycan binds inhibin and can mediate functional antagonism of activin signalling. Nature. 2000;404:411-4 pubmed..The ability of betaglycan to facilitate inhibin antagonism of activin provides a variation on the emerging roles of proteoglycans as co-receptors modulating ligand-receptor sensitivity, selectivity and function. ..
- Runyan C, Schnaper H, Poncelet A. The role of internalization in transforming growth factor beta1-induced Smad2 association with Smad anchor for receptor activation (SARA) and Smad2-dependent signaling in human mesangial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8300-8 pubmed
- Chakravarthi S, Kannabiran C, Sridhar M, Vemuganti G. TGFBI gene mutations causing lattice and granular corneal dystrophies in Indian patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:121-5 pubmed..To identify mutations in the TGFBI gene in Indian patients with lattice corneal dystrophy (LCD) or granular corneal dystrophy (GCD) and to look for genotype-phenotype correlations...
- Wrighton K, Lin X, Feng X. Critical regulation of TGFbeta signaling by Hsp90. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9244-9 pubmed publisherTransforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) controls a diverse set of cellular processes by activating TGFbeta type I (TbetaRI) and type II (TbetaRII) serine-threonine receptor kinases...
- Hsu L, Schultz L, Hong Q, Van Moer K, Heath J, Li M, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 signaling via interaction with cell surface Hyal-2 and recruitment of WWOX/WOX1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16049-59 pubmed publisher..Together, TGF-beta1 invokes a novel signaling by engaging cell surface Hyal-2 and recruiting WOX1 for regulating the activation of Smad-driven promoter, thereby controlling cell growth and death. ..
- Ween M, Lokman N, Hoffmann P, Rodgers R, Ricciardelli C, Oehler M. Transforming growth factor-beta-induced protein secreted by peritoneal cells increases the metastatic potential of ovarian cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:1570-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TGFBIp expressed by peritoneal cells increases the metastatic potential of ovarian cancer cells. TGFBIp is therefore a potential novel therapeutic target against ovarian cancer. ..
- Akhmetshina A, Palumbo K, Dees C, Bergmann C, Venalis P, Zerr P, et al. Activation of canonical Wnt signalling is required for TGF-?-mediated fibrosis. Nat Commun. 2012;3:735 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that canonical Wnt signalling is necessary for TGF-?-mediated fibrosis and highlight a key role for the interaction of both pathways in the pathogenesis of fibrotic diseases. ..
- Kalluri R, Neilson E. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition and its implications for fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1776-84 pubmed..This review highlights recent advances in the process of EMT signaling in health and disease and how it may be attenuated or reversed by selective cytokines and growth factors. ..
- Fichtner Feigl S, Strober W, Kawakami K, Puri R, Kitani A. IL-13 signaling through the IL-13alpha2 receptor is involved in induction of TGF-beta1 production and fibrosis. Nat Med. 2006;12:99-106 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-13Ralpha(2) signaling during prolonged inflammation is an important therapeutic target for the prevention of TGF-beta(1)-mediated fibrosis. ..
- Seong H, Jung H, Kim K, Ha H. 3-Phosphoinositide-dependent PDK1 negatively regulates transforming growth factor-beta-induced signaling in a kinase-dependent manner through physical interaction with Smad proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:12272-89 pubmed
- Shin J, Shim J, Kim D, Shim J. TGF-beta effects on airway smooth muscle cell proliferation, VEGF release and signal transduction pathways. Respirology. 2009;14:347-53 pubmed publisher..Wortmannin inhibited both TGF-beta- and PDGF-stimulated VEGF release. TGF-beta may facilitate airway remodelling by promoting VEGF release through the PI3K pathway, rather than via ASM cell proliferation. ..
- Kim S, Glick A, Sporn M, Roberts A. Characterization of the promoter region of the human transforming growth factor-beta 1 gene. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:402-8 pubmed..A second promoter activity was identified in the region between the two major transcriptional start sites. These findings revealed a complex pattern of regulation of human TGF-beta 1 gene expression. ..
- Javor J, Bucova M, Ferencik S, Grosse Wilde H, Buc M. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak population. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:273-80 pubmed..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases. ..
- Hildebrand A, Romaris M, Rasmussen L, Heinegard D, Twardzik D, Border W, et al. Interaction of the small interstitial proteoglycans biglycan, decorin and fibromodulin with transforming growth factor beta. Biochem J. 1994;302 ( Pt 2):527-34 pubmed..They may regulate TGF-beta activities by sequestering TGF-beta into extracellular matrix. ..
- Kinoshita A, Saito T, Tomita H, Makita Y, Yoshida K, Ghadami M, et al. Domain-specific mutations in TGFB1 result in Camurati-Engelmann disease. Nat Genet. 2000;26:19-20 pubmedCamurati-Engelmann disease (CED, MIM 131300) is an autosomal dominant, progressive diaphyseal dysplasia characterized by hyperosteosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones...
- Guerrero Esteo M, Sanchez Elsner T, Letamendia A, Bernabeu C. Extracellular and cytoplasmic domains of endoglin interact with the transforming growth factor-beta receptors I and II. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29197-209 pubmed..These results suggest that by interacting through its extracellular and cytoplasmic domains with the signaling receptors, endoglin might affect TGF-beta responses. ..
- Jin Q, Hemminki K, Grzybowska E, Klaes R, Söderberg M, Zientek H, et al. Polymorphisms and haplotype structures in genes for transforming growth factor beta1 and its receptors in familial and unselected breast cancers. Int J Cancer. 2004;112:94-9 pubmed..The possible contribution of 6A/6A homozygosity in the TGF-betaRI gene to breast cancer needs to be confirmed in an independent study. ..
- Oda K, Tanaka N, Arai T, Araki J, Song Y, Zhang L, et al. Polymorphisms in pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine genes and susceptibility to atherosclerosis: a pathological study of 1503 consecutive autopsy cases. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:592-9 pubmed
- Taherkhani H, Hajilooi M, Fallah M, Khyabanchi O, Haidari M. Gene polymorphism in transforming growth factor-beta codon 10 is associated with susceptibility to Giardiasis. Int J Immunogenet. 2009;36:345-9 pubmed publisher..01). Our data suggest that CC genotype of TGF-beta1 polymorphism at codon 10 is associated with occurrence of Giardiasis. ..
- Peng Z, Zhan L, Chen S, Xu E. Association of transforming growth factor-?1 gene C-509T and T869C polymorphisms with atherosclerotic cerebral infarction in the Chinese: a case-control study. Lipids Health Dis. 2011;10:100 pubmed publisher..001). Our study suggests that C-509T and T869C gene polymorphisms in TGF-?1 may be a critical risk factor of genetic susceptibility to CI in the Chinese population. ..
- Mullen A, Orlando D, Newman J, Lovén J, Kumar R, Bilodeau S, et al. Master transcription factors determine cell-type-specific responses to TGF-? signaling. Cell. 2011;147:565-76 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cell-type-specific master transcription factors determine the genes bound by Smad2/3 and are thus responsible for orchestrating the cell-type-specific effects of TGF-? signaling. ..
- Voets A, Oberije C, Struijk R, Reymen B, De Ruyck K, Thierens H, et al. No association between TGF-?1 polymorphisms and radiation-induced lung toxicity in a European cohort of lung cancer patients. Radiother Oncol. 2012;105:296-8 pubmed publisher..We were not able to confirm the reported association, neither using maximum dyspnea score nor after correction for baseline dyspnea score. ..
- Matsuzaki K, Murata M, Yoshida K, Sekimoto G, Uemura Y, Sakaida N, et al. Chronic inflammation associated with hepatitis C virus infection perturbs hepatic transforming growth factor beta signaling, promoting cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2007;46:48-57 pubmed..These results indicate that chronic inflammation associated with HCV infection shifts hepatocytic TGF-beta signaling from tumor-suppression to fibrogenesis, accelerating liver fibrosis and increasing risk for HCC. ..
- Sargent J, Milano A, Bhattacharyya S, Varga J, Connolly M, Chang H, et al. A TGFbeta-responsive gene signature is associated with a subset of diffuse scleroderma with increased disease severity. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:694-705 pubmed publisher..Since transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta) has been implicated in driving fibrosis in systemic sclerosis, a mechanism-derived gene expression signature was ..
- Kolosova I, Nethery D, Kern J. Role of Smad2/3 and p38 MAP kinase in TGF-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition of pulmonary epithelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1248-54 pubmed publisher..Both Smad2/3 and p38 MAPK had a role in regulation of TGF-?1-induced collagen expression. Furthermore, these data demonstrate that Smads and p38 MAPK differentially regulate EMT-related changes in pulmonary epithelial cells. ..
- Rahmutula D, Marcus G, Wilson E, Ding C, Xiao Y, Paquet A, et al. Molecular basis of selective atrial fibrosis due to overexpression of transforming growth factor-?1. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;99:769-79 pubmed publisher..The differential atrial vs. ventricular fibrotic response occurs at the level of TGF-?1 receptor binding or phosphorylation. ..
- Yamada Y, Miyauchi A, Takagi Y, Tanaka M, Mizuno M, Harada A. Association of the C-509-->T polymorphism, alone of in combination with the T869-->C polymorphism, of the transforming growth factor-beta1 gene with bone mineral density and genetic susceptibility to osteoporosis in Japanese women. J Mol Med (Berl). 2001;79:149-56 pubmed
- Atfi A, Dumont E, Colland F, Bonnier D, L Helgoualc h A, Prunier C, et al. The disintegrin and metalloproteinase ADAM12 contributes to TGF-beta signaling through interaction with the type II receptor. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:201-8 pubmed..These results define ADAM12 as a new partner of TbetaRII that facilitates its trafficking to early endosomes in which activation of the Smad pathway is initiated. ..
- Stanczuk G, McCoy M, Hutchinson I, Sibanda E. The genetic predisposition to produce high levels of TGF-beta1 impacts on the severity of eclampsia/pre-eclampsia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2007;86:903-8 pubmed..The characterization of the immunogenetic make-up of the women may be an additional tool in the differentiation of component pathologies and/or prediction of severity of the syndrome. ..
- Brown K, Aakre M, Gorska A, Price J, Eltom S, Pietenpol J, et al. Induction by transforming growth factor-beta1 of epithelial to mesenchymal transition is a rare event in vitro. Breast Cancer Res. 2004;6:R215-31 pubmed
- Rao M, Guo D, Jaber B, Tighiouart H, Pereira B, Balakrishnan V. Transforming growth factor-beta 1 gene polymorphisms and cardiovascular disease in hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int. 2004;66:419-27 pubmed..Further studies are required to evaluate the role of TGF-beta1 as a candidate gene. ..
- Migita K, Miyazoe S, Maeda Y, Daikoku M, Abiru S, Ueki T, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms in Japanese patients with hepatitis B virus infection--association between TGF-beta1 polymorphisms and hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2005;42:505-10 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the genetic polymorphism in codon 10 of the TGF-beta1 gene may play a role in HCC development in patients with chronic HBV infection. ..
- Amirzargar M, Yavangi M, Basiri A, Moghadam S, Khosravi F, Solgi G, et al. Genetic association of interleukin-4, interleukin-10, and transforming growth factor-beta gene polymorphism with allograft function in renal transplant patients. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:954-7 pubmed..TGF-beta codon 10 T allele was 39% in RE, 35% in SGF, and 53% in control group. In conclusion, this study suggested that some cytokine gene alleles reflected SGF among kidney transplant recipients. ..
- Murata M, Matsuzaki K, Yoshida K, Sekimoto G, Tahashi Y, Mori S, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein shifts human hepatic transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta signaling from tumor suppression to oncogenesis in early chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2009;49:1203-17 pubmed publisher..Hepatocytic pSmad3L and pSmad3C assessment in HBV-infected liver specimens should prove clinically useful for predicting risk of HCC. ..
- Doerner A, Zuraw B. TGF-beta1 induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human bronchial epithelial cells is enhanced by IL-1beta but not abrogated by corticosteroids. Respir Res. 2009;10:100 pubmed publisher..Since asthma has been strongly associated with increased expression of TGFbeta1 in the airway, epithelial to mesenchymal transition may contribute to the contractile and fibrotic remodeling process that accompanies chronic asthma. ..
- Binker M, Binker Cosen A, Gaisano H, de Cosen R, Cosen Binker L. TGF-β1 increases invasiveness of SW1990 cells through Rac1/ROS/NF-κB/IL-6/MMP-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;405:140-5 pubmed publisher..The multifunctional cytokine transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-β1) has been shown to increase both secretion of MMP-2 and invasion by several pancreatic ..
- Soltani A, Sohal S, Reid D, Weston S, Wood Baker R, Walters E. Vessel-associated transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-?1) is increased in the bronchial reticular basement membrane in COPD and normal smokers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39736 pubmed publisher..This study evaluated TGF-?1 immunostaining in the Rbm and its relationship to vascularity in smokers with or without COPD...
- Wei Y, Zhu Y, Du B, Yang Z, Liang W, Lv M, et al. Association of transforming growth factor-beta1 gene polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Clin Chim Acta. 2007;380:165-9 pubmed..Our data suggests that TGF-beta1 -509C/T and 869T/C polymorphisms could be used as genetic susceptibility markers of the NPC. ..
- Bran G, Goessler U, Schardt C, Hormann K, Riedel F, Sadick H. Effect of the abrogation of TGF-beta1 by antisense oligonucleotides on the expression of TGF-beta-isoforms and their receptors I and II in isolated fibroblasts from keloid scars. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:915-21 pubmed..Improving the understanding of TGF-beta in keloid disease could lead to the development of clinically useful therapeutic modalities for treatment of keloid disease or even allow identification of preventive strategies. ..
- Alsbeih G, al Harbi N, Al Hadyan K, El Sebaie M, Al Rajhi N. Association between normal tissue complications after radiotherapy and polymorphic variations in TGFB1 and XRCC1 genes. Radiat Res. 2010;173:505-11 pubmed publisher..Large-scale studies are required to confirm these findings before polymorphisms can be used as predictive markers to individualize radiation therapy on genetic bases. ..
- Schneider D, Kleeff J, Berberat P, Zhu Z, Korc M, Friess H, et al. Induction and expression of betaig-h3 in pancreatic cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1588:1-6 pubmed
- Silverman E, Palmer L, Subramaniam V, Hallock A, Mathew S, Vallone J, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1 promoter polymorphism C-509T is associated with asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;169:214-9 pubmed..We conclude that the T allele of C-509T is associated with the diagnosis of asthma and may enhance TGF-beta1 gene transcription. ..
- Sheppard D. Integrin-mediated activation of latent transforming growth factor beta. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2005;24:395-402 pubmed..Integrin-mediated TGFbeta activation has been shown to play important roles in modulating tissue fibrosis, acute lung injury and pulmonary ..
- Hu X. TGFbeta-mediated formation of pRb-E2F complexes in human myeloid leukemia cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:277-80 pubmed publisherb>TGFbeta is well known for its inhibitory effect on cell cycle G1 checkpoint kinases. However, its role in the control of pRb-E2F complexes is not well established...
- Gramley F, Lorenzen J, Koellensperger E, Kettering K, Weiss C, Munzel T. Atrial fibrosis and atrial fibrillation: the role of the TGF-?1 signaling pathway. Int J Cardiol. 2010;143:405-13 pubmed publisher..The sequential changes in the contribution of different profibrotic processes during the establishment of AF may offer the opportunity to selectively interfere with the atrial remodeling process at different stages. ..
- Viloria Petit A, David L, Jia J, Erdemir T, Bane A, Pinnaduwage D, et al. A role for the TGFbeta-Par6 polarity pathway in breast cancer progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14028-33 pubmed publisher..and an orthotopic mouse model of breast cancer, we reveal that Par6 signaling, which is regulated directly by TGFbeta, plays a role in breast cancer metastasis...
- Qi P, Ruan C, Wang H, Zhou F, Zhao Y, Gu X, et al. -509C>T polymorphism in the TGF-β1 gene promoter is not associated with susceptibility to and progression of colorectal cancer in Chinese. Colorectal Dis. 2010;12:1153-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that TGF-β1 -509C>T polymorphism is not associated with either an increased risk or progression of colorectal cancer. ..
- Papageorgis P, Lambert A, Ozturk S, Gao F, Pan H, Manne U, et al. Smad signaling is required to maintain epigenetic silencing during breast cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2010;70:968-78 pubmed publisher..model system, we found that cells that underwent EMT exhibited overactive transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) signaling and loss of expression of the CDH1, CGN, CLDN4, and KLK10 genes as a result of hypermethylation of ..
- Jian H, Shen X, Liu I, Semenov M, He X, Wang X. Smad3-dependent nuclear translocation of beta-catenin is required for TGF-beta1-induced proliferation of bone marrow-derived adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Genes Dev. 2006;20:666-74 pubmed
- Amini Nik S, Ebrahim R, Van Dam K, Cassiman J, Tejpar S. TGF-beta modulates beta-Catenin stability and signaling in mesenchymal proliferations. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2887-95 pubmed..This modulation of beta-Catenin levels by TGF-beta may be involved in determining the tumoral phenotype of the cells. ..
- Kaplan D, Li M, Jenison M, Shlomchik W, Flavell R, Shlomchik M. Autocrine/paracrine TGFbeta1 is required for the development of epidermal Langerhans cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2545-52 pubmed..Thus, TGFbeta1 derived from LCs acts directly on LCs through an autocrine/paracrine loop, and it is required for LC development and/or survival. ..
- Tang Y, Wu X, Lei W, Pang L, Wan C, Shi Z, et al. TGF-beta1-induced migration of bone mesenchymal stem cells couples bone resorption with formation. Nat Med. 2009;15:757-65 pubmed publisher..Disturbances of this process are associated with skeletal diseases, such as Camurati-Engelmann disease (CED)...
- Lee D, Chung Y, Kim J, Lee Y, Lee D, Jang M, et al. Transforming growth factor beta 1 overexpression is closely related to invasiveness of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology. 2012;82:11-8 pubmed publisherThe study was aimed to investigate the relationship between plasma transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-β(1)) expression and the characteristics of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Alakulppi N, Kyllönen L, Jäntti V, Matinlauri I, Partanen J, Salmela K, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and risks of acute rejection and delayed graft function after kidney transplantation. Transplantation. 2004;78:1422-8 pubmed..6, 95% CI 1.1-2.6, P = 0.040). Our results confirm that cytokine gene polymorphisms influence the outcome of kidney transplantation. Our data especially identify the TNF-alpha -308AA-genotype as a factor predisposing for AR episodes. ..
- Panutsopulos D, Papalambros E, Sigala F, Zafiropoulos A, Arvanitis D, Spandidos D. Protein and mRNA expression levels of VEGF-A and TGF-beta1 in different types of human coronary atherosclerotic lesions. Int J Mol Med. 2005;15:603-10 pubmed
- von Rahden B, Stein H, Feith M, Pühringer F, Theisen J, Siewert J, et al. Overexpression of TGF-beta1 in esophageal (Barrett's) adenocarcinoma is associated with advanced stage of disease and poor prognosis. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:786-94 pubmed..The TGF-beta pathway may be a potential target for molecular therapies of advanced tumors of this entity. ..
- Cigna N, Farrokhi Moshai E, Brayer S, Marchal Sommé J, Wemeau Stervinou L, Fabre A, et al. The hedgehog system machinery controls transforming growth factor-?-dependent myofibroblastic differentiation in humans: involvement in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2126-37 pubmed publisher..These data identify the GLI transcription factors as potential therapeutic targets in lung fibrosis. ..
- Zheng W, Yan C, Wang X, Luo Z, Chen F, Yang Y, et al. TheTGFB1 functional polymorphism rs1800469 and susceptibility to atrial fibrillation in two Chinese Han populations. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83033 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained from subanalysis of the lone and paroxymal AF subgroups. Our results do not support the role of the TGFB1 rs1800469 functional gene variant in the development of AF in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Saha A, Gupta V, Bairwa N, Malhotra D, Bamezai R. Transforming growth factor-beta1 genotype in sporadic breast cancer patients from India: status of enhancer, promoter, 5'-untranslated-region and exon-1 polymorphisms. Eur J Immunogenet. 2004;31:37-42 pubmed..The risk of cancer was found to be significant (OR = 4.525) for the -1349 C/T and T/T genotype background, suggesting that this genetic background may act as a risk factor for sporadic breast cancer. ..
- Ewart Toland A, Chan J, Yuan J, Balmain A, Ma J. A gain of function TGFB1 polymorphism may be associated with late stage prostate cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:759-64 pubmedTransforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) is known to exert both positive and negative effects on different stages of tumor formation...