Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TERC
Description: telomerase RNA component
Alias: DKCA1, PFBMFT2, SCARNA19, TRC3, hTR
- The RNA component of human telomeraseJ Feng
Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Science 269:1236-41. 1995..Here, the cloning of the RNA component of human telomerase, termed hTR, is described...
- Protein RNA and protein protein interactions mediate association of human EST1A/SMG6 with telomeraseSophie Redon
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL and National Center of Competence in Research Frontiers in Genetics, CH 1066 Epalinges s Lausanne, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 35:7011-22. 2007..We identify a domain within hEST1A that binds the telomerase RNA moiety hTR while full-length hEST1A establishes in addition RNase-resistant and hTR-independent protein-protein contacts with ..
- Physiological assembly and activity of human telomerase complexesKathleen Collins
Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, United States
Mech Ageing Dev 129:91-8. 2008..This review describes the current understanding of telomerase in humans, with particular focus on telomerase biogenesis and regulation in its cellular context...
- Common variants near TERC are associated with mean telomere lengthVeryan Codd
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Nat Genet 42:197-9. 2010..72 x 10(-14)) at a locus that includes TERC, which encodes the telomerase RNA component...
- Genome-wide association identifies OBFC1 as a locus involved in human leukocyte telomere biologyDaniel Levy
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9293-8. 2010..In addition, we confirmed the telomerase RNA component (TERC) as a gene associated with LTL (P = 1.1 x 10(-5))...
- The 5' guanosine tracts of human telomerase RNA are recognized by the G-quadruplex binding domain of the RNA helicase DHX36 and function to increase RNA accumulationAlec N Sexton
Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:736-43. 2011..Here, we describe a motif of human telomerase RNA (hTR), not previously characterized in a cellular context, comprised of several guanosine tracts near the RNA 5' end...
- Secondary structure of vertebrate telomerase RNAJ L Chen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cell 100:503-14. 2000..The proposed vertebrate telomerase RNA structure displays a strikingly similar topology to the previously determined ciliate telomerase RNA structure, implying an evolutionary conservation of the global architecture of telomerase RNA...
- Detection of genomic amplification of the human telomerase gene TERC, a potential marker for triage of women with HPV-positive, abnormal Pap smearsSonia Andersson
Department for Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Pathol 175:1831-47. 2009..harbor additional copies of the chromosome arm 3q, resulting in genomic amplification of the human telomerase gene TERC. Here, we evaluated TERC amplification in routinely collected liquid based cytology (LBC) samples with ..
- A telomerase component is defective in the human disease dyskeratosis congenitaJ R Mitchell
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720 3204, USA
Nature 402:551-5. 1999..The pathology of DKC is consistent with compromised telomerase function leading to a defect in telomere maintenance, which may limit the proliferative capacity of human somatic cells in epithelia and blood...
- The effect of TERC haploinsufficiency on the inheritance of telomere lengthFred Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17119-24. 2005..dominant dyskeratosis congenita (AD DC), a rare inherited bone marrow failure syndrome, is caused by mutations in TERC, the RNA component of telomerase...
- Determinants in mammalian telomerase RNA that mediate enzyme processivity and cross-species incompatibilityJiunn Liang Chen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
EMBO J 22:304-14. 2003..These experiments identify essential residues of the telomerase RNA that regulate telomerase activity and processivity...
- TERC and TERT gene mutations in patients with bone marrow failure and the significance of telomere length measurementsHong yan DU
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 113:309-16. 2009..is a rare inherited form of bone marrow failure (BMF) caused by mutations in telomere maintaining genes including TERC and TERT...
- Constitutional hypomorphic telomerase mutations in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaRodrigo T Calado
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1187-92. 2009..samples from 133 consecutive patients with acute myeloid leukemia and 198 controls for variations in TERT and TERC genes...
- Human telomerase RNA accumulation in Cajal bodies facilitates telomerase recruitment to telomeres and telomere elongationGael Cristofari
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Mol Cell 27:882-9. 2007..Recently, the telomerase RNA subunit (hTR) was shown to accumulate in Cajal bodies (CBs), subnuclear structures implicated in ribonucleoprotein maturation...
- Telomerase-independent regulation of ATR by human telomerase RNAMartijn Kedde
Division of Tumor Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 281:40503-14. 2006The human telomerase RNA (hTR), together with the telomerase reverse transcriptase, hTERT, constitute the core components of telomerase that is essential for telomere maintenance...
- Mutations in dyskeratosis congenita: their impact on telomere length and the diversity of clinical presentationTom J Vulliamy
Department of Haematology, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London, W12 ONN, United Kingdom
Blood 107:2680-5. 2006..In reviewing the mutation profile that is found in DC, we describe 9 novel mutations in the DKC1 gene and 3 novel TERC mutations responsible for the X-linked and autosomal dominant forms of the disease, respectively, but find that two ..
- Functional analysis of the pseudoknot structure in human telomerase RNAJiunn Liang Chen
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8080-5; discussion 8077-9. 2005..The mutational analysis further suggests that telomerase RNA can function independent of the proposed intermolecular pairings between pseudoknot regions on two RNA molecules...
- Disease anticipation is associated with progressive telomere shortening in families with dyskeratosis congenita due to mutations in TERCTom Vulliamy
Department of Haematology, Division of Investigative Science, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Rd, London W12 ONN, UK
Nat Genet 36:447-9. 2004..Here we show that disease anticipation is observed in families with this disease and that this is associated with progressive telomere shortening...
- Involvement of NF-Y and Sp1 binding sequences in basal transcription of the human telomerase RNA geneJiangqin Zhao
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, University of Glasgow, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
FEBS Lett 536:111-9. 2003The proximal promoter of the telomerase RNA gene, hTR, contains four Sp1 sites and one CCAAT box. We have carried out a functional analysis of the role of these sequence elements...
- Comprehensive structure-function analysis of the core domain of human telomerase RNAHinh Ly
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6849-56. 2003..Additionally, we provide evidence that naturally occurring hTER sequence polymorphisms found in some patients with aplastic anemia can inhibit telomerase activity by disrupting critical structures within the hTER core domain...
- The polymorphism of telomerase RNA component gene in patients with systemic sclerosisT Ohtsuka
Department of Dermatology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Br J Dermatol 147:250-4. 2002..It can be hypothesized that abnormalities of telomerase contribute to the emergence of abnormal fibroblast clones in systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- Mutations of the human telomerase RNA gene (TERC) in aplastic anemia and myelodysplastic syndromeHiroki Yamaguchi
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1652, Bethesda, MD 20892 1652, USA
Blood 102:916-8. 2003Mutations in the human telomerase RNA (TERC) occur in autosomal dominant dyskeratosis congenita (DKC)...
- Solution structure and dynamics of the wild-type pseudoknot of human telomerase RNANak Kyoon Kim
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, P O Box 951569, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
J Mol Biol 384:1249-61. 2008..The bulge U may serve as a hinge providing backbone flexibility in this region...
- Triple-helix structure in telomerase RNA contributes to catalysisFeng Qiao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Campus Box 215, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0215, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:634-40. 2008..The role of RNA in telomerase catalysis may have been acquired relatively recently or, alternatively, telomerase may be a molecular fossil representing an evolutionary link between RNA enzymes and RNP enzymes...
- Structural and functional characterization of human telomerase RNA processing and cajal body localization signalsCarla A Theimer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
Mol Cell 27:869-81. 2007The RNA component of human telomerase (hTR) includes H/ACA and CR7 domains required for 3' end processing, localization, and accumulation...
- Protein composition of catalytically active human telomerase from immortal cellsScott B Cohen
Cancer Research Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead NSW 2145, Australia
Science 315:1850-3. 2007..Mass spectrometric sequencing of the protein components and molecular size determination indicated an enzyme composition of two molecules each of telomerase reverse transcriptase, telomerase RNA, and dyskerin...
- Human telomerase activation requires two independent interactions between telomerase RNA and telomerase reverse transcriptaseJ R Mitchell
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Mol Cell 6:361-71. 2000..Here, we elucidate structural requirements for function of the essential RNA component of human telomerase, hTR. Two motifs within the independently stable H/ACA domain of hTR are required for accumulation of the mature RNA in ..
- Structure of the human telomerase RNA pseudoknot reveals conserved tertiary interactions essential for functionCarla A Theimer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell 17:671-82. 2005Human telomerase contains a 451 nt RNA (hTR) and several proteins, including a specialized reverse transcriptase (hTERT)...
- Evolution in health and medicine Sackler colloquium: Genetic variation in human telomerase is associated with telomere length in Ashkenazi centenariansGil Atzmon
Department of Medicine and Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:1710-7. 2010..Thus, variations in human telomerase gene that are associated with better maintenance of telomere length may confer healthy aging and exceptional longevity in humans...
- Identification of seven loci affecting mean telomere length and their association with diseaseVeryan Codd
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Nat Genet 45:422-7, 427e1-2. 2013..Five of the loci contain candidate genes (TERC, TERT, NAF1, OBFC1 and RTEL1) that are known to be involved in telomere biology...
- Genome-wide meta-analysis points to CTC1 and ZNF676 as genes regulating telomere homeostasis in humansMassimo Mangino
Department of Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology, King s College London, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 21:5385-94. 2012..Previous genome-wide association studies (GWASs) identified two loci on chromosomes 3q26.2 (TERC) and 10q24.33 (OBFC1) that are associated with the inter-individual LTL variation...
- TERC polymorphisms are associated both with susceptibility to colorectal cancer and with longer telomeresA M Jones
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Gut 61:248-54. 2012..Shorter telomeres have been associated with increased risk of malignancy, including colorectal cancer (CRC). Telomere length is heritable and may be an intermediate phenotype linked to genetic susceptibility to CRC...
- An enhanced H/ACA RNP assembly mechanism for human telomerase RNAEmily D Egan
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2428-39. 2012..The biological accumulation of human telomerase RNA (hTR) requires hTR H/ACA domain assembly with the same proteins that assemble on other human H/ACA RNAs...
- Lack of mutations of the telomerase RNA component in familial papillary thyroid cancer with short telomeresSilvia Cantara
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Thyroid 22:363-8. 2012..Several diseases, however, have short telomeres associated with mutations in the telomerase RNA component (TERC) gene or in the shelterin complex (POT1, RAP1, TIN2, TPP1, TRF1, and TRF2) genes...
- The H/ACA RNP assembly factor SHQ1 functions as an RNA mimicHélène Walbott
Institut de Biochimie et de Biophysique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Universite de Paris Sud, Orsay Cedex, France
Genes Dev 25:2398-408. 2011..We propose that Shq1p operates as a Cbf5p chaperone during RNP assembly by acting as an RNA placeholder, thereby preventing Cbf5p from nonspecific RNA binding before association with an H/ACA RNA and the other core RNP proteins...
- Telomerase and the endocrine systemFurio Pacini
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Siena 53100, Italy
Nat Rev Endocrinol 7:420-30. 2011..A number of studies have demonstrated unequivocally that reactivation of telomerase in the presence of short telomeres is one of the most common features of human cancers, including those of the endocrine system...
- The RNA component of telomerase is mutated in autosomal dominant dyskeratosis congenitaT Vulliamy
Department of Haematology, Division of Investigative Science, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Nature 413:432-5. 2001..Dyskerin is also associated with telomerase RNA (hTR), which contains a H/ACA consensus sequence...
- TERC telomerase subunit gene copy number in different disease stages of non-hodgkin lymphoma and in hepatitis CL Goldberg-Bittman
Genetic Institute, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba 44281, Israel
Cancer Invest 28:181-5. 2010..leukocytes of hepatitis C (HCV) patients and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) patients, we estimated gene dosage of the TERC gene at 3q26.3. Higher TERC copy numbers were found in NHL at diagnosis compared to HCV patient groups...
- RNA conformation in catalytically active human telomeraseJustin A Yeoman
The University Chemical Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK
J Am Chem Soc 132:2852-3. 2010We have used single-molecule fluorescence microscopy to study the folded state of human telomerase RNA (hTR)...
- Multiple genetic variants in telomere pathway genes and breast cancer riskJing Shen
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, P and S 19 418, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:219-28. 2010..To explore the etiologic role of genetic variants in telomere pathway genes and breast cancer risk...
- SNO is a probable target for gene amplification at 3q26 in squamous-cell carcinomas of the esophagusI Imoto
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:559-65. 2001..which encode proteins antagonizing transforming growth factor-beta signaling, and two other putative target genes, TERC and PIK3CA...
- Effect of pseudouridylation on the structure and activity of the catalytically essential P6.1 hairpin in human telomerase RNANak Kyoon Kim
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6746-56. 2010..1 slightly attenuates telomerase activity but slightly increases processivity in vitro. Our results suggest that Ψs could have a subtle influence on human telomerase activity via impact on TER-TERT or TER-TER interactions...
- A common variant in the telomerase RNA component is associated with short telomere lengthOmer T Njajou
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13048. 2010..We evaluated the effect of common variants in the telomerase RNA component (TERC) gene on telomere length (TL) in the population-based Health Aging and Body Composition (Health ABC) Study and in ..
- Genetic variants in eleven telomere-associated genes and the risk of incident cardio/cerebrovascular disease: The Women's Genome Health StudyRobert Y L Zee
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Chim Acta 412:199-202. 2011..Candidate genes associated with telomere length maintenance, an important molecular marker for biological aging, represent potential risk predictors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). To date, no prospective data are available...
- Common variants near TERC are associated with leukocyte telomere length in the Chinese Han populationQin Shen
Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Eur J Hum Genet 19:721-3. 2011..study has identified an association between leukocyte telomere length (LTL) and a locus at 3q26 that includes TERC. In order to evaluate the effects of the SNPs rs12696304 and rs16847897 near TERC in the population of mainland ..
- Genome-wide association study of relative telomere lengthJennifer Prescott
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19635. 2011..the inverse association of log relative telomere length with the minor allele variant [C] of rs16847897 at the TERC locus (per allele β = -0.03, P = 0.003) identified by a previous genome-wide association study...
- Telomeres in trisomy 21 amniocytesR Sukenik-Halevy
Genetics Institute, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel riki sukenik gmail com
Cytogenet Genome Res 135:12-8. 2011..This observation could be one of the cytogenetic parameters that represent a state of genetic instability and might play a role in the pathomechanism of typical features of Down syndrome, such as dementia and malignancy...
- Expression and biological-clinical significance of hTR, hTERT and CKS2 in washing fluids of patients with bladder cancerLetizia Mezzasoma
Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Perugia, and Didactic and Scientific District of Terni, Santa Maria General Hospital, Via Del Giochetto 06122 Perugia, Italy
BMC Urol 10:17. 2010..Aim of this study is to investigate the role of human telomerase RNA (hTR), human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) and CDC28 protein kinase regulatory subunit 2 (CKS2) in bladder ..
- Nucleolar localization of hTERT protein is associated with telomerase functionYinhua Yang
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06536 0812, USA
Exp Cell Res 277:201-9. 2002..Our results indicate that the amino acid sequence of the extreme N-terminus (1-15) of hTERT, which targets nucleolar localization of the protein, is required for full telomerase function...
- Defining the pathogenic role of telomerase mutations in myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemiaMichael Kirwan
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, Barts and The London Children s Hospital, United Kingdom
Hum Mutat 30:1567-73. 2009..We have now identified novel mutations in the telomerase RNA (TERC) or telomerase reverse transcriptase component (TERT) within 4 of 20 families presenting with familial MDS/AML...
- Mutations linked to dyskeratosis congenita cause changes in the structural equilibrium in telomerase RNACarla A Theimer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:449-54. 2003....
- Telomerase in relation to expression of p53, c-Myc and estrogen receptor in ovarian tumoursG Bea A Wisman
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Oncol 23:1451-9. 2003..In conclusion, these data suggest that p53 expression (e.g. p53 mutation) as well as c-Myc expression may have a role in regulation of telomerase activity in ovarian tumours...
- Cell cycle-dependent recruitment of telomerase RNA and Cajal bodies to human telomeresBeata E Jady
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote du CNRS, UMR5099, IFR109, 31062 Toulouse, France
Mol Biol Cell 17:944-54. 2006..The RNA component of human telomerase (hTR) resides in the nucleoplasmic Cajal bodies (CBs) of interphase cancer cells...
- Hypoxic regulation of telomerase gene expression by transcriptional and post-transcriptional mechanismsC J Anderson
Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories, Centre for Oncology and Applied Pharmacology, University of Glasgow, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Oncogene 25:61-9. 2006Basal telomerase activity is dependent on expression of the hTERT and hTR genes and upregulation of telomerase gene expression is associated with tumour development...
- The hTERT and hTERC telomerase gene promoters are activated by the second exon of the adenoviral protein, E1A, identifying the transcriptional corepressor CtBP as a potential repressor of both genesRosalind M Glasspool
Cancer Research UK Centre for Oncology and Applied Pharmacology, University of Glasgow, Cancer Research UK Beatson Laboratories, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Neoplasia 7:614-22. 2005..CtBP can be found within a histone-modifying complex and it is possible that a CtBP complex, associating with the SP1 sites, represses transcription from the telomerase promoters by modifying chromatin structure...
- Relationship between telomerase activity and its subunit expression and inhibitory effect of antisense hTR on pancreatic carcinomaJia hua Zhou
Department of Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Zhongda Hospital of Southeast University, 87 DingJiaQiao, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1808-14. 2003To directly investigate the relationship between telomerase activity and its subunit expression and the inhibitory effect of antisense hTR on pancreatic carcinogenesis.
- Telomerase RNA mutated in autosomal dyskeratosis congenita reconstitutes a weakly active telomerase enzyme defective in telomere elongationMaria Antonietta Cerone
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Cycle 4:585-9. 2005..Dyskerin is also involved in telomerase function through its interaction with the telomerase RNA (hTR). Mutations in dyskerin result in low levels of hTR, decreased telomerase activity and telomere shortening...
- Lack of mutations in the human telomerase RNA component (hTERC) gene in Fanconi's anemiaRodrigo T Calado
Haematologica 89:1012-3. 2004..Only one patient was heterozygous for the G58A polymorphism. No other mutation or deletion was found. We conclude that hTERC gene mutations do not contribute to telomere shortening in FA...
- TERC is not a major gene in human neural tube defectsLisa P Benz
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:531-3. 2004..In knockout mice null for the telomerase RNA component (TERC), telomere loss results in the failure of neural tube closure, primarily at the forebrain and midbrain.
- Telomerase promoter reprogramming and interaction with general transcription factors in the human mesenchymal stem cellNedime Serakinci
University of Southern Denmark, Institute of Medical Biology, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Odense C, Denmark
Regen Med 1:125-31. 2006..b>hTR expression is also increased in TSA-treated hMSCs, concomitant with changes in Pol II and TFIIB dynamics.
- The human telomerase RNA component, hTR, activates the DNA-dependent protein kinase to phosphorylate heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1Nicholas S Y Ting
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Department of Oncology, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 37:6105-15. 2009..Phosphorylation of hnRNP A1 is stimulated not only by the presence of DNA but also by the telomerase RNA component, hTR. Furthermore, we show that hnRNP A1 is phosphorylated in vivo in a DNA-PK-dependent manner and that this ..
- Differential regulation of telomerase activity by six telomerase subunitsJoseph Tung Chieh Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Eur J Biochem 269:3442-50. 2002..Six subunits composing the telomerase complex have been cloned: hTR (human telomerase RNA), TEP1 (telomerase-associated protein 1), hTERT (human telomerase reverse transcriptase), ..
- MCAF1/AM is involved in Sp1-mediated maintenance of cancer-associated telomerase activityLifeng Liu
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:5165-74. 2009..for this enzyme are telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) and the telomerase RNA component (encoded by the TERC gene). These telomerase subunit genes are known to be mainly expressed by specificity protein 1 (Sp1)...
- Telomere shortening in familial and sporadic pulmonary fibrosisJennifer T Cronkhite
Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8591, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:729-37. 2008Heterozygous mutations in the coding regions of the telomerase genes, TERT and TERC, have been found in familial and sporadic cases of idiopathic interstitial pneumonia. All affected patients with mutations have short telomeres.
- PAX8 regulates telomerase reverse transcriptase and telomerase RNA component in gliomaYu Jen Chen
Department of Pathology, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Cancer Res 68:5724-32. 2008..transactivate the promoter for both the telomerase catalytic subunit (hTERT) and the telomerase RNA component (hTR) genes...
- Minimum length requirement of the alignment domain of human telomerase RNA to sustain catalytic activity in vitroGérald Gavory
University Chemical Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 30:4470-80. 2002..Furthermore, base pairing between the 3' end of the primer substrate and the first two residues of the alignment domain is also not an absolute requirement for processive synthesis...
- Identification and functional characterization of novel telomerase variant alleles in Japanese patients with bone-marrow failure syndromesJunko Takeuchi
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Blood Cells Mol Dis 40:185-91. 2008..This study also highlights the rarity of genetic alterations in BMFS patients in Japan, which suggests that other factors may play a more prominent role in the disease pathogenesis in East Asia...
- p53 null mutations are associated with a telomerase negative phenotype in ovarian carcinomaAnil K Sood
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 440, Houston, TX 77030 USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:511-7. 2002..Invasive ovarian cancers (109) were analyzed for telomerase by ELISA and its subunits human telomerase RNA (hTR), and human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) by RT-PCR...
- Human telomerase RNA and box H/ACA scaRNAs share a common Cajal body-specific localization signalBeata E Jady
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote du CNRS, UMR5099, IFR109, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
J Cell Biol 164:647-52. 2004..Here, fluorescence in situ hybridization demonstrates that in HeLa cancer cells, human telomerase RNA (hTR) accumulates in the nucleoplasmic Cajal bodies (CBs)...
- Telomeres and Telomerase in Stem Cell Failure and AgingCarol W Greider; Fiscal Year: 2010..The experiments proposed here will address directly whether short telomeres cause stem cell loss and establish the consequences of the telomere shortening in specific tissues. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF TUMOR VIRUSES AND CELLSCarol Greider; Fiscal Year: 2005..The majority of our students and postdoctoral trainees go on to careers in basic research relevant to cancer at high quality academic institutions or pharmaceutical/biotechnology organizations. ..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor metastasis: Biobehavioral mechanismsAnil K Sood; Fiscal Year: 2009....