Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TEPP
Description: testis, prostate and placenta expressed
Alias: testis, prostate and placenta-expressed protein, testicular tissue protein Li 196, testis/prostate/placenta-expressed protein
- Garin Muga A, Odriozola L, MartÃnez Val A, Del Toro N, MartÃnez R, Molina M, et al. Detection of Missing Proteins Using the PRIDE Database as a Source of Mass Spectrometry Evidence. J Proteome Res. 2016;15:4101-4115 pubmed..As illustrative examples, DNAH3 and TEPP in spermatozoa, and UNCX and ATAD3C in HEK293 cells were some of the more robust and remarkable identifications in ..
- Li Z, Zheng W, Li H, Li C, Gong Z. Synergistic Induction of Potential Warburg Effect in Zebrafish Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Co-Transgenic Expression of Myc and xmrk Oncogenes. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0132319 pubmed publisher..and causes incomplete glycolysis to favor anabolism and tumor growth, by treatment with a Pkm2-specific activator, TEPP-46, we further demonstrated that activation of Pkm2 suppressed the growth of oncogenic liver as well as ..
- Palsson McDermott E, Curtis A, Goel G, Lauterbach M, Sheedy F, Gleeson L, et al. Pyruvate kinase M2 regulates Hif-1? activity and IL-1? induction and is a critical determinant of the warburg effect in LPS-activated macrophages. Cell Metab. 2015;21:65-80 pubmed publisher..Activation of PKM2 using two well-characterized small molecules, DASA-58 and TEPP-46, inhibited LPS-induced Hif-1? and IL-1?, as well as the expression of a range of other Hif-1?-dependent genes...
- Hahn Y. Molecular evolution of TEPP protein genes in metazoans. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:651-64 pubmed publisherb>TEPP is a gene expressed in human reproductive organs such as testis, prostate, and placenta...
- Ugarte Avilés T, Manterola C, Cartes Velasquez R, Otzen T. Impact of proximity of thermoelectric power plants on bronchial obstructive crisis rates. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:96 pubmed publisher..Energy generated by thermoelectric power plants (TEPP) represents a relevant source of pollution...
- Qi W, Keenan H, Li Q, Ishikado A, Kannt A, Sadowski T, et al. Pyruvate kinase M2 activation may protect against the progression of diabetic glomerular pathology and mitochondrial dysfunction. Nat Med. 2017;23:753-762 pubmed publisher..Conversely, we found that pharmacological activation of PKM2 by a small-molecule PKM2 activator, TEPP-46, reversed hyperglycemia-induced elevation in toxic glucose metabolites and mitochondrial dysfunction, partially ..
- Wang F, Wang K, Xu W, Zhao S, Ye D, Wang Y, et al. SIRT5 Desuccinylates and Activates Pyruvate Kinase M2 to Block Macrophage IL-1? Production and to Prevent DSS-Induced Colitis in Mice. Cell Rep. 2017;19:2331-2344 pubmed publisher..Activation of PKM2 using TEPP-46 attenuates Sirt5-deficiency-mediated IL-1? upregulation in LPS-stimulated macrophages...
- Rochtus A, Winand R, Laenen G, Vangeel E, Izzi B, Wittevrongel C, et al. Methylome analysis for spina bifida shows SOX18 hypomethylation as a risk factor with evidence for a complex (epi)genetic interplay to affect neural tube development. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:108 pubmed..for the top six candidate genes ABAT, CNTNAP1, SLC1A6, SNED1, SOX18, and TEPP but only for the SOX18 locus a significant overall hypomethylation was observed (P value?=?0...
- He C, Bian Y, Xue Y, Liu Z, Zhou K, Yao C, et al. Pyruvate Kinase M2 Activates mTORC1 by Phosphorylating AKT1S1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21524 pubmed publisher..Decreasing S202/203 phosphorylation by TEPP-46 treatment reversed these effects...