Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TCF3
Description: transcription factor 3
Alias: E2A, E47, ITF1, TCF-3, VDIR, bHLHb21, VDR interacting repressor, class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 21, helix-loop-helix protein HE47, immunoglobulin transcription factor 1, kappa-E2-binding factor, negative vitamin D response element-binding protein, transcription factor 3 (E2A immunoglobulin enhancer binding factors E12/E47), transcription factor 3 variant 3, transcription factor E2-alpha, transcription factor ITF-1, vitamin D receptor-interacting repressor
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- Increased expression of bHLH transcription factor E2A (TCF3) in prostate cancer promotes proliferation and confers resistance to doxorubicin induced apoptosisDivya Patel
Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutics Development, Clark Atlanta University, 223 James P Brawley DR SW, Atlanta, GA 30314, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 422:146-51. 2012E2A (TCF3) is a multifunctional basic helix loop helix (bHLH), transcription factor. E2A regulates transcription of target genes by homo- or heterodimerization with cell specific bHLH proteins...
- Overexpression of E2A proteins induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells suggesting a potential role in renal fibrosisCraig Slattery
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Sciences, UCD Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
FEBS Lett 580:4021-30. 2006..b>E2A transcription factors were identified as being upregulated by CsA treatment...
- Bmi-1 regulation of INK4A-ARF is a downstream requirement for transformation of hematopoietic progenitors by E2a-Pbx1Kevin S Smith
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cell 12:393-400. 2003..in lymphoid malignancies, but are consistently absent in pre-B cell leukemias induced by the chimeric oncoprotein E2a-Pbx1 created by t(1;19) chromosomal translocations...
- A new DNA binding and dimerization motif in immunoglobulin enhancer binding, daughterless, MyoD, and myc proteinsC Murre
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 56:777-83. 1989..Remarkable is the stringent conservation of hydrophobic residues present in both helices. We demonstrate that this new motif plays a crucial role in both dimerization and DNA binding...
- Characterization of the mUBC9-binding sites required for E2A protein degradationG S Huggins
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:28690-6. 1999Mammalian Ubc9 (mUbc9) is required for rapid degradation of the E2A proteins E12 and E47 by the ubiquitin-proteasome system. We have shown elsewhere that mUbc9 interacts with amino acids 477-530 of E12/E47...
- Selective use of multiple vitamin D response elements underlies the 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-mediated negative regulation of the human CYP27B1 geneMikko M Turunen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2734-47. 2007..This data explains, in part, why the human CYP27B1 gene is repressed in HEK-293 but not in MCF-7 cells...
- The gene for enhancer binding proteins E12/E47 lies at the t(1;19) breakpoint in acute leukemiasJ D Mellentin
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94025
Science 246:379-82. 1989The gene (E2A) that codes for proteins with the properties of immunoglobulin enhancer binding factors E12/E47 was mapped to chromosome region 19p13.2-p13.3, a site associated with nonrandom translocations in acute lymphoblastic leukemias...
- Bridge-1, a novel PDZ-domain coactivator of E2A-mediated regulation of insulin gene transcriptionM K Thomas
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:8492-504. 1999Proteins in the E2A family of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors are important in a wide spectrum of physiologic processes as diverse as neurogenesis, myogenesis, lymphopoeisis, and sex determination...
- The effects of siRNA-mediated inhibition of E2A-PBX1 on EB-1 and Wnt16b expression in the 697 pre-B leukemia cell lineGiovanna Casagrande
Laboratory of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Italy
Haematologica 91:765-71. 2006..acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is t(1;19)(q23;p13), usually resulting in the expression of the chimeric gene E2A-PBX1...
- E47, IRF-4, and PU.1 synergize to induce B-cell-specific activation of the class II transactivator promoter III (CIITA-PIII)Nienke van der Stoep
Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, E3 Q, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 104:2849-57. 2004..We show that in B cells, E47 and PU...
- Role of flanking E box motifs in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 TATA element functionS H Ou
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas 75235 8594
J Virol 68:7188-99. 1994..Two proteins representing different classes of bHLH proteins, E47 and AP-4, were assayed for their ability to bind to the flanking E box motifs...
- Characterization of ABF-1, a novel basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor expressed in activated B lymphocytesM E Massari
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3130-9. 1998..ABF-1 contains a transcriptional repression domain and is capable of inhibiting the transactivation capability of E47 in mammalian cells...
- A new homeobox gene contributes the DNA binding domain of the t(1;19) translocation protein in pre-B ALLM P Kamps
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 60:547-55. 1990..3) translocation, found in human pre-B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias, is within the E2A transcription factor gene on chromosome 19...
- The LIM-only protein Lmo2 is a bridging molecule assembling an erythroid, DNA-binding complex which includes the TAL1, E47, GATA-1 and Ldb1/NLI proteinsI A Wadman
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 16:3145-57. 1997..We now show that in erythroid cells Lmo2 forms a novel DNA-binding complex, with GATA-1, TAL1 and E2A, and the recently identified LIM-binding protein Ldb1/NLI...
- Notch1 promotes survival of E2A-deficient T cell lymphomas through pre-T cell receptor-dependent and -independent mechanismsErica J Reschly
Department of Pathology, MC1089, The University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 107:4115-21. 2006Loss of E2A transcription factor activity or activation of the intracellular form of Notch1 (ICN) leads to the development of leukemia or lymphoma in humans or mice, respectively...
- Gene deregulation and spatial genome reorganization near breakpoints prior to formation of translocations in anaplastic large cell lymphomaStephan Mathas
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5831-6. 2009..Also, our data demonstrate that deregulation of breakpoint-proximal genes has a key role in ALCL...
- Transrepression by a liganded nuclear receptor via a bHLH activator through co-regulator switchingAkiko Murayama
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 23:1598-608. 2004..A bHLH-type factor, designated VDIR, was identified as a direct sequence-specific activator of 1nVDRE...
- A pentamer transcriptional complex including tal-1 and retinoblastoma protein downmodulates c-kit expression in normal erythroblastsL Vitelli
Department of Hematology Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:5330-42. 2000..contain a pentamer protein complex comprising the tal-1 transcription factor heterodimerized with the ubiquitous E2A protein and linked to Lmo2, Ldb1, and retinoblastoma protein (pRb)...
- Notch signaling induces rapid degradation of achaete-scute homolog 1Virote Sriuranpong
Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:3129-39. 2002..This novel function of activated Notch to rapidly degrade a class II bHLH protein may prove to be important in many contexts in development and in cancer...
- The t(1;19)(q23;p13) results in consistent fusion of E2A and PBX1 coding sequences in acute lymphoblastic leukemiasS P Hunger
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA
Blood 77:687-93. 1991..The t(1;19) juxtaposes the E2A gene from chromosome 19 with the PBX1 gene on chromosome 1, leading to the production of fusion transcripts and ..
- HASH-1 and E2-2 are expressed in human neuroblastoma cells and form a functional complexP Persson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, University Hospital MAS, S 205 02, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 274:22-31. 2000..In conclusion, E2-2 forms a functional complex with HASH-1, and might therefore be involved in the development of specific parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems...
- Chromosomal translocation t(1;19) results in synthesis of a homeobox fusion mRNA that codes for a potential chimeric transcription factorJ Nourse
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Cell 60:535-45. 1990The gene (E2A) for enhancer binding transcription factors E12 and E47 maps to the t(1;19) chromosomal translocation breakpoint in pre-B cell leukemias...
- Gene expression patterns define novel roles for E47 in cell cycle progression, cytokine-mediated signaling, and T lineage developmentRuth Schwartz
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0377, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9976-81. 2006..To examine how E47 regulates cellular expansion and developmental progression, we have used an E2A-deficient lymphoma cell line and DNA microarray analysis to identify immediate E47 target genes...
- Notch-induced E2A ubiquitination and degradation are controlled by MAP kinase activitiesLei Nie
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
EMBO J 22:5780-92. 2003..Here, we report that signaling through Notch modulates the turnover of E2A proteins including E12 and E47, which are basic helix-loop-helix proteins crucial for B and T lymphocyte ..
- Synergistic activation of the human orphan nuclear receptor SHP gene promoter by basic helix-loop-helix protein E2A and orphan nuclear receptor SF-1Han Jong Kim
Hormone Research Center, Chonnam National University, Kwangju, 500 757, Republic of Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 31:6860-72. 2003..In this study, we have found that basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors, the E2A proteins (E47, E12 and E2/5), activated the human but not the mouse SHP promoter...
- Association of connexin36 and zonula occludens-1 with zonula occludens-2 and the transcription factor zonula occludens-1-associated nucleic acid-binding protein at neuronal gap junctions in rodent retinaC Ciolofan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 3J7
Neuroscience 140:433-51. 2006....
- Genes on bovine chromosome 18 associated with bilateral convergent strabismus with exophthalmos in German Brown cattleS Fink
Institute for Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Foundation, Hannover, Germany
Mol Vis 14:1737-51. 2008..association analysis for three candidate genes (troponin T type 1 [TNNT1], retinol dehydrogenase 13 [RDH13], and TCF3 fusion partner [TFPT]), which are located within the previously identified BCSE-linked region on the telomeric end ..
- Transcriptional regulation of activating transcription factor 3 involves the early growth response-1 geneFrank G Bottone
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:668-77. 2005..Therefore, this is a novel first report demonstrating that the expression of ATF3 occurs via Egr-1 downstream of Erk1/2...
- Activating transcription factor 3 is integral to the eukaryotic initiation factor 2 kinase stress responseHao Yuan Jiang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:1365-77. 2004....
- Development of packaging cell lines for generation of adeno-associated virus vectors by lentiviral gene transfer of trans-complementary componentsSatoki Nakamura
Department of Internal Medicine III, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama, Japan
Eur J Haematol 73:285-94. 2004..va.e2a.e4...
- Activating transcription factor 3 induction in sympathetic neurons after axotomy: response to decreased neurotrophin availabilityH Hyatt Sachs
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4975, USA
Neuroscience 150:887-97. 2007....
- Expression of RUNX3 gene, methylation status and clinicopathological significance in breast cancer and breast cancer cell linesYing Jiang
Department of Pathology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Pathobiology 75:244-51. 2008..In this study, we aimed to analyze the methylation status of the RUNX3 promoter in breast cancer and to evaluate the relationship between RUNX3 expression and breast carcinogenesis and prognosis...
- Sequence-specific methylation in a downstream region of the late E2A promoter of adenovirus type 2 DNA prevents protein bindingR Hermann
Institute of Genetics, University of Cologne, F R G
J Mol Biol 210:411-5. 1989In studies on the promoter-inhibitory effect of sequence-specific DNA methylations, the late E2A promoter of human adenovirus type 2 (Ad2) has been used as an experimental tool...
- Characterization of adeno-associated virus rep protein inhibition of adenovirus E2a gene expressionShadia Nada
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614 5804, USA
Virology 293:345-55. 2002..In this report we investigate Rep-mediated effects on expression of the adenovirus (Ad) E2a gene and the Ad major late promoter...
- High incidence of proviral integrations in the Hoxa locus in a new model of E2a-PBX1-induced B-cell leukemiaJanet Bijl
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells, Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Genes Dev 19:224-33. 2005Relevant mouse models of E2a-PBX1-induced pre-B cell leukemia are still elusive...
- Axotomy-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration is accompanied with c-Jun phosphorylation and activation transcription factor 3 expressionDae Y Song
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Eulji University School of Medicine, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Exp Neurol 209:268-78. 2008..Taken together, these results support the idea that pc-Jun and its putative dimeric partner ATF3 may be closely participating in axotomy-induced neurodegeneration...
- Pivotal role for the NFIL3/E4BP4 transcription factor in interleukin 3-mediated survival of pro-B lymphocytesS Ikushima
Department of Experimental Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2609-14. 1997The E2A-HLF (hepatic leukemia factor) oncoprotein, generated in pro-B lymphocytes by fusion of the trans-activation domain of E2A to the basic region/leucine zipper (bZIP) domain of HLF, functions as an anti-apoptotic transcription ..
- HEB, a helix-loop-helix protein related to E2A and ITF2 that can modulate the DNA-binding ability of myogenic regulatory factorsJ S Hu
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Mol Cell Biol 12:1031-42. 1992..nearly complete identity in the B-HLH domain with the immunoglobulin enhancer binding proteins encoded by the E2A and ITF2 genes (E proteins)...
- Pan/E2A expression precedes immunoglobulin heavy-chain expression during B lymphopoiesis in nontransformed cells, and Pan/E2A proteins are not detected in myeloid cellsY Jacobs
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside 92521
Mol Cell Biol 14:4087-96. 1994..immunoglobulin heavy-chain enhancer element (mu E5)-binding species (BCF1), composed of immunoreactive Pan-1/E47 but not Pan-2/E12, was observed concomitantly with the detection of Pan/E2A proteins...
- Inhibition of adenovirus cytotoxicity, replication, and E2a gene expression by adeno-associated virusX J Jing
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614 5804, USA
Virology 291:140-51. 2001..AAV, but not UV-inactivated AAV, delayed Ad-induced cytotoxicity and inhibited Ad E2a gene expression. AAV, but not UV-inactivated AAV or a recombinant AAV vector, inhibited Ad DNA replication...
- Activating transcription factor 3 is up-regulated in patients with hypospadiasBenchun Liu
Center for the Study and Treatment of Hypospadias, Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Pediatr Res 58:1280-3. 2005..Because the etiology of hypospadias may include exposure to estrogenic compounds, the responsiveness of ATF3 to estrogen is also discussed...
- Early B cell factor promotes B lymphopoiesis with reduced interleukin 7 responsiveness in the absence of E2AChristopher S Seet
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 1089, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Exp Med 199:1689-700. 2004The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors encoded by the E2A gene function at the apex of a transcriptional hierarchy involving E2A, early B cell factor (EBF), and Pax5, which is essential for B lymphopoiesis...
- Effects of adeno-associated virus on adenovirus replication and gene expression during coinfectionJennifer M Timpe
Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, Medical University of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH 43614 5804, USA
J Virol 80:7807-15. 2006..E4 and late transcription were the most strongly inhibited, and E1A and E2A were the least affected. The temporal effects of AAV on Ad mRNA transcript levels also varied among the Ad genes...
- Levels of E2A protein expression in B cell precursors are stage-dependent and inhibited by stem cell factor (c-kit ligand)Richard L Riley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960 R138, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Exp Hematol 30:1412-8. 2002The E2A-encoded proteins E47 and E12 are crucial to the development of pro-B and pre-B cells...
- [Effects of Cordyceps extract on cytokines and transcription factors in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of asthmatic children during remission stage]Wen Sun
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:341-6. 2010..To explore the effects of Cordyceps extract in regulating the imbalance of Th1/Th2 ratio and inhibiting the inflammatory reaction, and to find the theoretical basis of Cordyceps extract for treating asthma in remission stage...
- The embryonal carcinoma stem cell Ela-like activity involves a differentiation-regulated transcription factorN B La Thangue
Laboratory of Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 18:2929-38. 1990..The Ela-inducible adenovirus E2A promoter has been used to further define this activity and we show that in vitro the transcription of this promoter ..
- Cloning and functional characterisation of avian transcription factor E2AThomas M Conlon
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, WT MRC building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, CB2 2XY, UK
BMC Immunol 5:11. 2004During B lymphocyte development the E2A gene is a critical regulator of cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Meis1 and pKnox1 bind DNA cooperatively with Pbx1 utilizing an interaction surface disrupted in oncoprotein E2a-Pbx1P S Knoepfler
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:14553-8. 1997b>E2a-Pbx1 is a chimeric transcription factor oncoprotein produced by the t(1;19) translocation in human pre-B cell leukemia...
- c-jun inhibits insulin control element-mediated transcription by affecting the transactivation potential of the E2A gene productsG L Robinson
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Mol Cell Biol 15:1398-404. 1995..The ICE activator is composed, in part, of the basic helix-loop-helix proteins E12, E47, and E2-5 encoded by the E2A gene...
- Activation transcription factor-3 activation and the development of spinal cord degeneration in a rat model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisA Malaspina
Centre for Neuroscience and Trauma, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, Blizard Institute, 4 Newark Street, London E1 2AT, UK
Neuroscience 169:812-27. 2010..In addition, factors previously described to be linked to ATF-3 activation under various experimental conditions of stress, become switched on in spinal cord from the end-stage transgenic rat model of ALS...
- E2A-HLF-mediated cell transformation requires both the trans-activation domains of E2A and the leucine zipper dimerization domain of HLFT Yoshihara
Department of Experimental Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:3247-55. 1995The E2A-HLF fusion gene, formed by the t(17;19)(q22;p13) translocation in childhood acute pro-B-cell leukemia, encodes a hybrid protein that contains the paired trans-activation domains of E2A (E12/E47) linked to the basic region/leucine ..
- Prolonged transgene expression in cotton rat lung with recombinant adenoviruses defective in E2aJ F Engelhardt
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104 4268
Hum Gene Ther 5:1217-29. 1994..that is disabled in its capacity to replicate by the introduction of a temperature-sensitive mutation in the E2a gene as well deletion of E1 sequences...
- Temporal regulation of Ig gene diversification revealed by single-cell imagingEllen C Ordinario
Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 183:4545-53. 2009..We recently showed that the activator, E2A, functions in cis to promote diversification, and that G(1) phase of cell cycle is the critical window for E2A ..
- Simian virus 40 small t antigen trans activates the adenovirus E2A promoter by using mechanisms distinct from those used by adenovirus E1AM R Loeken
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
J Virol 66:2551-5. 1992..simian virus 40 small t antigen, polyomavirus small t antigen stimulates transcription directed by the adenovirus E2A and VA-I promoters during transient transfection assays...
- Identification of a candidate regulatory element within the 5' flanking region of the mouse Igh locus defined by pro-B cell-specific hypersensitivity associated with binding of PU.1, Pax5, and E2AInka Pawlitzky
Immunology Program, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Immunol 176:6839-51. 2006..Sequence motifs within HS1 for PU.1, Pax5, and E2A bind these proteins in vitro and these factors are recruited to HS1 sequence only in pro-B cells...
- Activating transcription factor 3 immunoreactivity identifies small populations of axotomized neurons in rat cervical sympathetic ganglia after transection of the preganglionic cervical sympathetic trunkRichard E Zigmond
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4975, USA
Brain Res 1159:119-23. 2007....
- In vivo interactions of MyoD, Id1, and E2A proteins determined by acceptor photobleaching fluorescence resonance energy transferJody M Lingbeck
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics and Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine and St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
FASEB J 22:1694-701. 2008..Furthermore, MyoD has been shown to modulate the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Id1 and E2A proteins, E12 and E47. The molecular mechanisms governing these events are not clear but are hypothesized to occur via heterodimer ..
- Immunologic regulation of bone developmentMark C Horowitz
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, New Haven, CT, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 602:47-56. 2007A regulatory network comprised of transcription factors PU.1, Ikaros, E2A, EBF, and Pax5 control B cell fate specification and differentiation...
- Formation of der(19)t(1;19)(q23;p13) in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKajsa Paulsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:144-8. 2005The t(1;19)(q23;p13), which results in a fusion of TCF3 (previously E2A) at 19p13 with PBX1 at 1q23, is one of the most common translocations in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- DNA-binding and transcriptional regulatory properties of hepatic leukemia factor (HLF) and the t(17;19) acute lymphoblastic leukemia chimera E2A-HLFS P Hunger
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Mol Cell Biol 14:5986-96. 1994The t(17;19) translocation in acute lymphoblastic leukemias results in creation of E2A-hepatic leukemia factor (HLF) chimeric proteins that contain the DNA-binding and protein dimerization domains of the basic leucine zipper (bZIP) ..
- Multiple T cell epitope peptides suppress allergic responses in an egg allergy mouse model by the elicitation of forkhead box transcription factor 3- and transforming growth factor-beta-associated mechanismsM Yang
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
Clin Exp Allergy 40:668-78. 2010..Peptide-based immunotherapy (PIT) represents an attractive approach for targeted interventions in immunological disorders, but has not been widely explored in the context of food allergy...
- Expression of activating transcription factor 3 and growth-associated protein 43 in the rat geniculate ganglion neurons after chorda tympani injuryKenzo Tsuzuki
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 122:161-7. 2002....
- Increased risk for CNS relapse in pre-B cell leukemia with the t(1;19)/TCF3-PBX1S Jeha
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Leukemia 23:1406-9. 2009..therapy on the clinical outcome of children with pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and the t(1;19)/TCF3/PBX1, we analyzed 735 patients with B-cell precursor ALL treated in four successive protocols at St Jude Children's ..
- Plasmids with E2 epitope tags: tagging modules for N- and C-terminal PCR-based gene targeting in both budding and fission yeast, and inducible expression vectors for fission yeastTiina Tamm
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Riia 23, Tartu 51010, Estonia
Yeast 26:55-66. 2009..E2Tags are 10-amino acids (epitope E2a: SSTSSDFRDR)- and 12 amino acids (epitope E2b: GVSSTSSDFRDR)-long peptides derived from the E2 protein of bovine ..
- Early B-cell factor, E2A, and Pax-5 cooperate to activate the early B cell-specific mb-1 promoterMikael Sigvardsson
Department for Stem Cell Biology, Lund, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 22:8539-51. 2002..In addition to EBF and Pax-5 binding sites, we detected occupancy of a consensus binding site for E2A proteins (E box) in pre-B cells...
- Fusion with E2A converts the Pbx1 homeodomain protein into a constitutive transcriptional activator in human leukemias carrying the t(1;19) translocationQ Lu
Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Mol Cell Biol 14:3938-48. 1994b>E2A-PBX1 is a chimeric gene formed by the t(1;19)(q23;p13.3) chromosomal translocation of pediatric pre-B-cell leukemia...
- Interleukin-10 induced activating transcription factor 3 transcriptional suppression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 gene expression in human prostate CPTX-1532 CellsMark E Stearns
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Drexel University, MS 435, 15th and Vine Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19085, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:403-16. 2004..Taken together, these data demonstrate the critical role of tyrosine phosphorylated ATF3 and the CREB consensus domain in IL-10 suppression of MMP-2 gene expression in primary human prostate tumor cells...
- Reactivation of the methylation-inactivated late E2A promoter of adenovirus type 2 by E1A (13 S) functionsB Weisshaar
Institute of Genetics, University of Cologne, West Germany
J Mol Biol 202:255-70. 1988The inactivating effect of sequence-specific promoter methylations was extensively studied by using the late E2A promoter of adenovirus type 2 (Ad2) DNA...
- Clinical features and prognostic implications of TCF3-PBX1 and ETV6-RUNX1 in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemiaThomas Burmeister
Med Klinik für Hämatologie Onkologie Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Haematologica 95:241-6. 2010..However, the prognostic impact of other rarer fusion genes is less well established in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia than in the childhood form...
- The adenovirus E4-6/7 protein transactivates the E2 promoter by inducing dimerization of a heteromeric E2F complexS Obert
Department of Microbiology, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794
Mol Cell Biol 14:1333-46. 1994Binding of the mammalian transcription factor E2F to the adenovirus E2a early promoter is modulated through interaction with the viral E4-6/7 protein...
- The chimeric oncoproteins E2A-PBX1 and E2A-HLF are concentrated within spherical nuclear domainsD P LeBrun
Department of Pathology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 15:2059-67. 1997..The leukemogenic transcription factor gene E2A-PBX1 is created through fusion of the genes E2A and PBX1 as a result of t(1;19) in acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- [Correlation of E2a-pbx1 expression level with clinical characteristics and early response to treatment in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia]Chao Gao
Center of Hematology, Beijing Children Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100045, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:569-73. 2008This study purposed to investigate the correlation of expression level of e2a-pbx1 (immunoglobulin enhancer binding factor-Pre-B leukemia) with clinical characteristics and early response to treatment in children patients with acute ..
- E2a-Pbx1 induces aberrant expression of tissue-specific and developmentally regulated genes when expressed in NIH 3T3 fibroblastsX Fu
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1503-12. 1997The E2a-Pbx1 oncoprotein contains the transactivation domain of E2a joined to the DNA-binding homeodomain (HD) of Pbx1. In mice, E2a-Pbx1 transforms T lymphoblasts and fibroblasts and blocks myeloblast differentiation...
- Activating transcription factor 3: a hormone responsive gene in the etiology of hypospadiasAna Beleza-Meireles
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 158:729-39. 2008..Activating transcription factor 3 (ATF3), an estrogen responsive gene, has been reported to be expressed during sexual development and up-regulated in hypospadic genital skin. We investigated ATF3 as a candidate gene for hypospadias...
- Specific factors binding to the late E2A promoter region of adenovirus type 2 DNA: no apparent effects of 5'-CCGG-3' methylationA Hoeveler
Institute of Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
DNA 6:449-60. 1987..g., by the E1 proteins of adenoviruses. We studied the inactivation of the late E2A promoter of adenovirus type 2 (Ad2) DNA by the methylation of three 5'-CCGG-3' sequences at positions -215, +5, and ..
- Role of activating transcription factor 3 on TAp73 stability and apoptosis in paclitaxel-treated cervical cancer cellsYeo Kyoung Oh
Center for Biomedical Sciences, NIH, Seoul 122 701, Korea
Mol Cancer Res 6:1232-49. 2008..The investigation shows that ATF3 may function as a tumor-inhibiting factor through direct regulatory effects on TAp73beta, suggesting a functional link between ATF3 and TAp73beta...
- Establishment of de novo DNA methylation patterns. Transcription factor binding and deoxycytidine methylation at CpG and non-CpG sequences in an integrated adenovirus promoterM Toth
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, West Germany
J Mol Biol 214:673-83. 1990..to occur across an entire integrated adenovirus genome as well as at the nucleotide level in the integrated late E2A promoter of adenovirus type 2...
- Identification of E2A target genes in B lymphocyte development by using a gene tagging-based chromatin immunoprecipitation systemStephen Greenbaum
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3010, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15030-5. 2002The transcription factors encoded by the E2A gene are known to be essential for B lymphocyte development, and ectopic expression or gene inactivation studies have revealed several potential lineage-specific E2A target genes...
- Multiple roles for activated LEF/TCF transcription complexes during hair follicle development and differentiationR Dasgupta
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology and Committee on Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 126:4557-68. 1999..TOPGAL expression was directly stimulated by a stabilized form of beta -catenin, but was also dependent upon LEF1/TCF3 in skin...
- Transfer of the CFTR gene to the lung of nonhuman primates with E1-deleted, E2a-defective recombinant adenoviruses: a preclinical toxicology studyM J Goldman
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Hum Gene Ther 6:839-51. 1995..This second-generation virus is deleted of E1 and contains a temperature-sensitive mutation in the E2a gene, which encodes a defective DNA-binding protein. Two distinct projects were undertaken...
- Estradiol upregulates activating transcription factor 3, a candidate gene in the etiology of hypospadiasBenchun Liu
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:446-54. 2007..Its potential involvement in other manifestations of developmental endocrine disruption is worth investigating...
- [A clinical and laboratory study of TCF3-PBX1 positive adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia.]Ji Fu Zheng
Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Thrombosis and Hemostasis Key Lab of the Ministry of Health, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 31:16-20. 2010To explore the morphology, immunophenotype, cytogenetics and clinical features of TCF3-PBX1 fusion gene positive adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Modelling negative feedback networks for activating transcription factor 3 predicts a dominant role for miRNAs in immediate early gene regulationMarcus J Tindall
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom School of Biological Sciences, University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS Comput Biol 10:e1003597. 2014..Combining the ITF model with that of the miRNA did not improve the profiles suggesting that miRNAs are likely to play a dominant role in switching off Atf3 expression post-induction. ..
- Activating transcription factor 3 protects against pressure-overload heart failure via the autophagy molecule Beclin-1 pathwayHeng Lin
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan H L, H F L, S H J Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan C F C Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan H H C Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan H H C Department of Emergency Medicine, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan P F L Department of Internal Medicine and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan J J C and Department of Medical Research, Tzu Chi General Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan C F C
Mol Pharmacol 85:682-91. 2014..These findings suggest that the ATF3 activator tBHQ may have therapeutic potential for the treatment of pressure-overload heart failure induced by chronic hypertension or other pressure overload mechanisms. ..
- E47 and Id1 interplay in epithelial-mesenchymal transitionEva Cubillo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid UAM, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols CSIC UAM, IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e59948. 2013E12/E47 proteins (encoded by E2A gene) are members of the class I basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors (also known as E proteins)...
- Direct and indirect targets of the E2A-PBX1 leukemia-specific fusion proteinChristofer Diakos
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America Department of Pediatrics, St Anna Children s Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 9:e87602. 2014..The E2A-PBX1 chimeric transcription factor contains the N-terminal transactivation domain of E2A (TCF3) fused to the C-terminal DNA-binding homeodomain of PBX1...
- E2a/Pbx1 induces the rapid proliferation of stem cell factor-dependent murine pro-T cells that cause acute T-lymphoid or myeloid leukemias in miceDavid B Sykes
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:1256-69. 2004Oncoprotein E2a/Pbx1 is produced by the t(1;19) chromosomal translocation of human pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Gradient of E2A activity in B-cell developmentSabine Herblot
The Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 22:886-900. 2002The E2A locus is a frequent target of chromosomal translocations in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL)...
- Oncogenic fusion E2A-HLF sensitizes t(17;19)-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia to TRAIL-mediated apoptosis by upregulating the expression of death receptorsX Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Leukemia 26:2483-93. 2012t(17;19)-acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) shows extremely poor prognosis. E2A-HLF derived from t(17;19) blocks apoptosis induced by the intrinsic mitochondrial pathway and has a central role in leukemogenesis and chemoresistance...
- Wounding activates p38 map kinase and activation transcription factor 3 in leading keratinocytesErin G Harper
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Cell Sci 118:3471-85. 2005..Adhesion to deposits of laminin 5 via alpha6beta4 suppresses P-p38 and activation mRNAs including ATF3. Defects in laminin 5 and alpha6beta4 sustain P-p38 with probable pathological effects on transcription and migration...
- Gene expression profiling identifies activating transcription factor 3 as a novel contributor to the proapoptotic effect of curcuminChunhong Yan
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:233-41. 2005..Thus, we have identified several putative, novel molecular targets of curcumin and showed that one, (ATF3) contributes to the proapoptotic effects of this compound...
- MicroRNA-148a can regulate runt-related transcription factor 3 gene expression via modulation of DNA methyltransferase 1 in gastric cancerJunbo Zuo
Department of General Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Wuxi Second Hospital, Wuxi 214002, China
Mol Cells 35:313-9. 2013..Our results show that miR-148a may regulate RUNX3 expression through modulation of DNMT1-dependent DNA methylation in gastric cancer and highlight a miRNA-epigenetics regulation mechanism of gene expression...
- Potentiated L-type Ca2+ channels rectifyValerie Leuranguer
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Gen Physiol 121:541-50. 2003..alpha1C and two constructs bearing mutations in conserved glutamates in the pore regions of repeats II and IV (E2A/E4A-alpha1C) or repeat III (E3K-alpha1C)...
- Prognostically significant fusion oncogenes in Pakistani patients with adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia and their association with disease biology and outcomeNoreen Sabir
Faculty of Biological Sciences, Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:3349-55. 2012..Five major risk stratifying fusion genes in ALL are BCR-ABL, MLL-AF4, ETV6-RUNX11, E2A-PBX1 and SIL-TAL1...
- Instructive role of the transcription factor E2A in early B lymphopoiesis and germinal center B cell developmentKyongrim Kwon
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Immunity 28:751-62. 2008The transcription factor E2A controls the initiation of B lymphopoiesis, which is arrested at the pre-pro-B cell stage in E2A-deficient mice...
- E proteins and the regulation of early lymphocyte developmentRenee F de Pooter
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Immunol Rev 238:93-109. 2010..E proteins are an important factor during lymphopoiesis, and E2A in particular is required for normal T- and B-cell development...
- Regulation of TCF3 by Wnt-dependent phosphorylation during vertebrate axis specificationHiroki Hikasa
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Cell 19:521-32. 2010..b>TCF3 is a transcriptional repressor that has been implicated in Wnt signaling and plays key roles in embryonic axis ..
- E2A-positive gastric MALT lymphoma has weaker plasmacytoid infiltrates and stronger expression of the memory B-cell-associated miR-223: possible correlation with stage and treatment responseTing Yun Liu
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Mod Pathol 23:1507-17. 2010..Normal memory B cells do not express markers of germinal-center B cells, such as E2A (immunoglobulin enhancer-binding factor E12/E47), B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia/lymphoma 6 (BCL6), or ..
- E2A participates in a fine control of pre-mature B-cell apoptosis mediated by B-cell receptor signaling via transcriptional regulation of survivin, IAP2 and caspase-8 genesKenji Toyonaga
Department of Medical Sciences, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
FEBS J 276:1418-28. 2009..Here, by analyzing the E2A-deficient DT40 cell line, E2A(-/-), we show that E2A deficiency prevents certain levels of apoptotic cell death ..
- MDM2 mediates ubiquitination and degradation of activating transcription factor 3Pingli Mo
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 285:26908-15. 2010..Therefore, we provide the first evidence demonstrating that ATF3 is regulated by a posttranslational mechanism...
- [Acute T cells lymphoblastic leukemia with a t(1;19)(q23;p13) and E2A-PBX1 in an adult: one case report and literature review]Guang sheng He
The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Jiangsu Insititute of Hematology, Key Laboratory of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Ministry of Health, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 30:675-7. 2009To report a case of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) with t(1;19)(q23;pl3) and E2A-PBX1 fusion gene, which is a characteristic translocation of childhood B cell ALL (B-ALL).
- Atherogenic mechanism of lipid peroxidation-derived aldehydesSanjay Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results obtained from this project will help in developing a better understanding, and potentially, novel therapeutic strategies for decreasing or managing atherosclerosis. ..
- REGULATION OF EPIDERMAL DEVELOPMENT AND DIFFERENTIATIONElaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2013..2-Catenin acts as a co-factor for the Lef1/Tcf family of DNA binding proteins. In HF-SCs, two family members-- Tcf3 and Tcf4--are co-expressed, where they function redundantly to repress differentiation in the absence of Wnt ..
- Myeloid Lineage Differentiation and Osteoclast Priming by a Novel Pax5 CytokineMark C Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..1, Ikaros, E2A, Ebf1, Pax5 and Gon4-like. With the exception of PU...
- Regulation of Immunoglobulin Class Switch in Aged MiceBonnie B Blomberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..preliminary data to establish the intrinsic splenic B cell defect in Ig class switch in aged BALB/c, C57BL/6 and E2A+/- mice...
- Mechanisms of flagellin-induced protection against microbial keratitisFu Shin X Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- ALTERED SENSIBILITY FOLLOWING PERIPHERAL NERVE DAMAGEClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Skin Stem Cells: Purification and CharacterizationElaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2013..We showed that HF-SCs express a group of transcription factors-- Sox9, Lhx2, NFATc1 &Tcf3/4--which basal IFE SCs do not, and we used these markers to trace the origins of HF-SCs to embryogenesis...
- Notch-induced protein degradation in lymphopoiesisXiao Hong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. Notch ligation results in degradation of the E2A transcription factor...
- ATF3-Mediated Transcriptional Repression of Interferon-betaSTEVE LEE WEINSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The possibility that repression of IFN-? transcription by ATF-3 is caused by histone deacetylation will be tested by examining the acetylation state of IFN-? promoter histones in the presence or absence of ATF-3 by ChlP. ..
- Targeting Leukemia causing oncogene E2a-Pbx1 with synthetic moleculesAseem Z Ansari; Fiscal Year: 2012..A major goal of this proposal is to define the DNA regulatory sites of two oncogenic transcription factors, E2a- Pbx1 and HoxA9...
- 14-3-3?? and epithelial differentiation in the eye and other tissuesQiutang Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..Oscillation of the transcription factor TCF3 between activator and repressor is key to both maintaining a resident stem cell population and generating pulses of ..
- GATA3 deregulation and T cell transformation in E2A-/- miceBARBARA LYNNE KEE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The E2A transcription factors are also required for normal T cell differentiation and deletion of E2A, or inhibition of E2A ..
- Transcriptional regulatory mechanisms in B cell development and leukemogenesisRobert G Roeder; Fiscal Year: 2013..The transcription factor E2A plays a central role in early B cell development through synergistic functions with other lineage-restricted ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND REGULATION OF V(D)J RECOMBINATIONMark S Schlissel; Fiscal Year: 2012..and RSS end insertion during V(D)J recombination in vivo;4) examine in detail how a critical transcription factor, E2A, alters chromatin structure to promote recombination in the Igk locus;5) use gene targeting to delete a CTGF ..
- TCF3: A Wnt Pathway Effector in Pluripotent Stem Cell Self-RenewalMarian L Waterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..One member, TCF3, is a transcription factor that in mouse ESCs (mESCs) represses expression of master pluripotency factors Oct4, ..
- Regulation of cyclin D3 in B lymphocyte developmentMarcus R Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013..Igk transcription is induced by ERK- mediated suppression of the Id proteins, and derepression of E2A, while induction of Aiolos silences Ccnd3 leading to cell cycle exit...
- E2A/HEB TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS IN T CELL DEVELOPMENTYuan Zhuang; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): E2A/HEB MEDIATED TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION IN T CELL DEVELOPMENT Abstract A cardinal feature of T lymphocytes is their ability to provide antigen specific immune responses to foreign pathogens while ..
- Transcriptional regulation of immunological memoryLaura Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..One particular E protein, E2A, is known to be dysregulated in aged mice, resulting in a decreased immune response to infection...
- Molecular Events Initiating B Cell Fate DeterminationKAY LYNN MEDINA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Flt3 signaling, in a ligand-dose dependent fashion, regulates the activity of the primary B cell fate determinant, E2A, a key regulator of the EBF gene. Once expressed, EBF orchestrates B cell differentiation...
- Transcriptional Control of HematopoiesisBARBARA LYNNE KEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have determined that the E proteins encoded by the E2A gene are required for proper maintenance of HSCs and they support the initial specification of multipotent ..
- Novel transgenic mice for tracing and electrophysiology of stressed neuronsJeffrey C Petruska; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., those expressing ChR2). ..
- Pre-B cell receptor signaling in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMARKUS MUSCHEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies for this proposal on 148 cases of pre-B cell-derived human ALL, we found that ALL cells carrying an E2A-PBX1- or MYC- gene rearrangement are -like normal pre-B cells- highly selected for the expression of a functional ..
- Wnt Signaling in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Specification and LeukemiaWILSON KENDRICK CLEMENTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test these possibilities, I will generate transgenic animals in which wnt16, ror1, and the oncogene E2A-PBX1, which has previously been associated with WNT16-directed disease progression in pre-B-ALL, are expressed in B-..
- PPAR-gamma Signaling in Normal Pilosebaceous Units and in Scarring AlopeciaPratima Karnik; Fiscal Year: 2013..We show that the expression of stem cell markers (LGR5, LHX2, SOX9, TCF3) is decreased and that cytokines, growth factors and tissue remodeling genes are upregulated in LPP and in the PPAR ..
- Wnt Pathway Regulation of Lens PolarityRichard A Lang; Fiscal Year: 2013..By contrast, when the Wnt pathway transcription factor Tcf3 is deleted conditionally in early lens, there is an opposite response where fiber cells fail to differentiate...
- Biology and Mechanism of the Single Subunit RNA PolymerasesRUI J SOUSA; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will advance our understanding of fundamental mechanisms of macromolecular complex assembly and of transcription processes in the mitochondrial and nuclear compartments of eukaryotic cells. ..
- Targeting Retroviral DNA Integration: Role of Host Cell ProteinsRene Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GENETIC AND BIOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF AD5 REGION 2GEOFFREY KITCHINGMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..RNAs will be synthesized in vitro, binding to various regions of E2A and other mRNAs measured by filter binding assays, and the effect of the DBP on the in vitro translation of these ..
- ROLE OF PBX AND PRE B ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTOID LEUKEMIACornelis Murre; Fiscal Year: 2004..in pre-B ALL, the pbx-1 N-terminal domain has been replaced with a transactivation domain derived from E2A, normally a helix-loop-helix protein...
- HEPATOCYTE GENE THERAPY FOR CITRULLINEMIABrendan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, new adenoviral vectors mutated in the E2a and E4 domains and designed to minimize adenoviral protein expression and host antigen presentation will be tested.
- Wnt Signaling in Xenopus Embryonic DevelopmentSergei Y Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal focuses on the analysis of specific Wnt-dependent phosphorylation of TCF3, a transcriptional repressor, identified in preliminary studies...
- Rapid protein crystallization by surface mutagenesisZygmunt Derewenda; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dissociation Inhibitor), the LH domain from PDZ-RhoGEF, and the BH domain from GRAF, show that K2A (Lys to Ala) and E2A (Glu to Ala) single and multiple mutants crystallize much more readily than wild-type protein...
- Immunotherapy of CLL with lentiviral expressed CD40-ligandBoro Dropulic; Fiscal Year: 2006..All vectors will contain the Drosophila melanogaster dNK-B10 gene using the E2A cleavage peptide sequence which will increase vector's safety...
- Molecular Pathways to T-Lineage CommitmentCornelis Murre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recently we have isolated E2A-deficient hematopoietic progenitor cells that can be grown long term in vitro...