Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TBC1D20
Description: TBC1 domain family member 20
Alias: C20orf140, WARBM4, TBC1 domain family member 20
- Nicolini P, Amorín R, Han Y, Peñagaricano F. Whole-genome scan reveals significant non-additive effects for sire conception rate in Holstein cattle. BMC Genet. 2018;19:14 pubmed publisher..Most of these regions harbor genes, such as ADAM28, DNAJA1, TBC1D20, SPO11, PIWIL3 and TMEM119, that are directly implicated in testis development, male germ line maintenance, and ..
- Ishida M, Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Ebata Y, Fukuda M. Functional involvement of Rab1A in microtubule-dependent anterograde melanosome transport in melanocytes. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5177-87 pubmed publisher..either by siRNA-mediated knockdown or by overexpression of a cytosolic form of Rab1A-GTPase-activating protein/TBC1D20 induced perinuclear melanosome aggregation...
- Liegel R, Handley M, Ronchetti A, Brown S, Langemeyer L, Linford A, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in TBC1D20 cause cataracts and male infertility in blind sterile mice and Warburg micro syndrome in humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;93:1001-14 pubmed publisher..In this study, we first positionally cloned the bs locus and identified a putative causative mutation in the Tbc1d20 gene...
- Zenner H, Yoshimura S, Barr F, Crump C. Analysis of Rab GTPase-activating proteins indicates that Rab1a/b and Rab43 are important for herpes simplex virus 1 secondary envelopment. J Virol. 2011;85:8012-21 pubmed publisher..We identified that TBC1D20 and RN-tre and their partner Rabs, Rab1a/b and Rab43, respectively, are important for virion assembly...
- Gavriljuk K, Gazdag E, Itzen A, Kötting C, Goody R, Gerwert K. Catalytic mechanism of a mammalian Rab·RabGAP complex in atomic detail. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21348-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of X-ray structure analysis and time-resolved FTIR spectroscopy provides detailed insight in the catalysis of human Rab GTPases. ..
- Nevo Yassaf I, Yaffe Y, Asher M, Ravid O, Eizenberg S, Henis Y, et al. Role for TBC1D20 and Rab1 in hepatitis C virus replication via interaction with lipid droplet-bound nonstructural protein 5A. J Virol. 2012;86:6491-502 pubmed publisher..Moreover, TBC1D20 and its cognate GTPase Rab1 are recruited by NS5A to LDs...
- Nachmias D, Sklan E, Ehrlich M, Bacharach E. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope proteins traffic toward virion assembly sites via a TBC1D20/Rab1-regulated pathway. Retrovirology. 2012;9:7 pubmed publisher..b>TBC1D20, the GTPase-activating protein (GAP) of Rab1, regulates endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to Golgi trafficking, was not ..
- Handley M, Carpanini S, Mali G, Sidjanin D, Aligianis I, Jackson I, et al. Warburg Micro syndrome is caused by RAB18 deficiency or dysregulation. Open Biol. 2015;5:150047 pubmed publisherRAB18, RAB3GAP1, RAB3GAP2 and TBC1D20 are each mutated in Warburg Micro syndrome, a rare autosomal recessive multisystem disorder...