Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAS2R7
Description: taste receptor, type 2, member 7
Alias: T2R7, TRB4, taste receptor family B member 4, taste receptor type 2 member 7, taste receptor, family B, member 4
- Different phenolic compounds activate distinct human bitter taste receptorsSusana Soares
Department of Chemistry, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Agric Food Chem 61:1525-33. 2013..In contrast, malvidin-3-glucoside and procyanidin trimer stimulated only one receptor, TAS2R7 and TAS2R5, respectively...
- Assessment of the presence of chemosensing receptors based on bitter and fat taste in the gastrointestinal tract of young pigM Colombo
University of Bologna, DIPROVAL, 42123 Reggio Emilia, Italy
J Anim Sci 90:128-30. 2012..For 7 genes for bitter taste (TAS2R1, TAS2R3, TAS2R7, TAS2R9, TAS2R10, TAS2R16, and TAS2R38) and for 3 genes for fat taste (GPR40, GPR43, and GPR120), a full homology ..
- T2Rs function as bitter taste receptorsJ Chandrashekar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Cell 100:703-11. 2000..Since a single taste receptor cell expresses a large repertoire of T2Rs, these findings provide a plausible explanation for the uniform bitter taste that is evoked by many structurally unrelated toxic compounds...
- A family of candidate taste receptors in human and mouseH Matsunami
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 404:601-4. 2000..Another TRB gene is found on a human contig assigned to chromosome 5p15, the location of a genetic locus (PROP) that controls the detection of the bitter compound 6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil in humans...
- A plethora of taste receptorsS C Kinnamon
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Neuron 25:507-10. 2000
- The steroid glycoside H.g.-12 from Hoodia gordonii activates the human bitter receptor TAS2R14 and induces CCK release from HuTu-80 cellsBoris Le Nevé
Technical University of Munich, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G1368-75. 2010..g.-12 could activate human bitter receptors. The steroid glycoside activated selectively TAS2R7 and TAS2R14, both heterologously expressed in HEK 293 cells...