Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAS2R4
Description: taste receptor, type 2, member 4
Alias: T2R4, candidate taste receptor T2R4, taste receptor type 2 member 4
- T2Rs function as bitter taste receptorsJ Chandrashekar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Cell 100:703-11. 2000..Since a single taste receptor cell expresses a large repertoire of T2Rs, these findings provide a plausible explanation for the uniform bitter taste that is evoked by many structurally unrelated toxic compounds...
- The good taste of genomicsS Firestein
Nature 404:552-3. 2000
- A family of candidate taste receptors in human and mouseH Matsunami
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 404:601-4. 2000..Another TRB gene is found on a human contig assigned to chromosome 5p15, the location of a genetic locus (PROP) that controls the detection of the bitter compound 6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil in humans...
- A plethora of taste receptorsS C Kinnamon
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Neuron 25:507-10. 2000
- Identification of coding single-nucleotide polymorphisms in human taste receptor genes involving bitter tastingT Ueda
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:147-51. 2001..The identification of nucleotide diversity and amino acid polymorphisms in human T2R receptors could help clarify individual differences in the acceptability and sensitivity to bitter compounds...
- Functional expression of mammalian bitter taste receptors in Caenorhabditis elegansC Conte
Neuroscience, Pharma Research, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel 4070, Switzerland
Biochimie 88:801-6. 2006..As a proof of the concept, we generated transgenic worms expressing human T2R4 or its mouse ortholog T2R8 receptors, which respond to two bitter tastants previously characterised as their ..
- Allelic variation in TAS2R bitter receptor genes associates with variation in sensations from and ingestive behaviors toward common bitter beverages in adultsJohn E Hayes
Department of Food Science, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, 220 Food Science Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Chem Senses 36:311-9. 2011..A haploblock across TAS2R3, TAS2R4, and TAS2R5 explained some variability in the bitterness of espresso coffee...
- Functional bitter taste receptors are expressed in brain cellsNisha Singh
Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0W2
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 406:146-51. 2011..RT-PCR analysis revealed the presence of T2R4, T2R107 and T2R38 transcripts in the brain stem, cerebellum, cortex and nucleus accumbens...