Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAS2R4
Description: taste receptor, type 2, member 4
Alias: T2R4, candidate taste receptor T2R4, taste receptor type 2 member 4
- The third intracellular loop plays a critical role in bitter taste receptor activationSai Prasad Pydi
Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, The Manitoba Institute of Child Health, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0W4, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1838:231-6. 2014..Here, we pursue an alanine scan mutagenesis of the ICL3 of T2R4 and characterize the functionality of 23 alanine mutants...
- A biomimetic bitter receptor-based biosensor with high efficiency immobilization and purification using self-assembled aptamersChunsheng Wu
Biosensor National Special Laboratory, Key Laboratory for Biomedical Engineering of Ministry of Education, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
Analyst 138:5989-94. 2013..A human bitter receptor, T2R4, was expressed on the plasma membrane of HEK-293 cells and fused with a His6-tag on its C-terminal...
- Bitterness of the non-nutritive sweetener acesulfame potassium varies with polymorphisms in TAS2R9 and TAS2R31Alissa L Allen
Sensory Evaluation Center, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Chem Senses 38:379-89. 2013..Conversely, single nucleotide polymorphisms in TAS2R4, TAS2R38, and near TAS2R16 were not significant predictors...
- Different phenolic compounds activate distinct human bitter taste receptorsSusana Soares
Department of Chemistry, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Agric Food Chem 61:1525-33. 2013..Epicatechin activated three receptors, TAS2R4, TAS2R5, and TAS2R39, whereas only two receptors, TAS2R5 and TAS2R39, responded to PGG...
- Amino acids and peptides activate at least five members of the human bitter taste receptor familySusann Kohl
Department of Molecular Genetics, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, 14558 Nuthetal, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 61:53-60. 2013..L-Phenylalanine and L-tryptophan activate TAS2R1 and TAS2R4, respectively, whereas TAS2R4 and TAS2R39 responded to D-tryptophan...
- Identification of novel genes for bitter taste receptors in sheep (Ovis aries)A M Ferreira
Instituto de Ciências Agrárias e Ambientais Mediterrânicas ICAAM, Universidade de Evora, 7000 Evora, Portugal
Animal 7:547-54. 2013..In sheep, we identified eight orthologs of cattle genes: T2R16, T2R10B, T2R12, T2R3, T2R4, T2R67, T2R13 and T2R5. The in silico predicted genes were then confirmed by PCR and DNA sequencing...
- Role of rhodopsin N-terminus in structure and function of rhodopsin-bitter taste receptor chimerasSai Prasad Pydi
Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, and the Manitoba Institute of Child Health, Winnipeg MB, Canada R3E 0W4
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:179-82. 2013..different lengths of rhodopsin N-terminal sequence effect the structure and function of the bitter taste receptor, T2R4. Guided by molecular models of T2R4 built using a rhodopsin crystal structure as template, we constructed chimeric ..
- The bitter taste receptor (TAS2R) agonists denatonium and chloroquine display distinct patterns of relaxation of the guinea pig tracheaVille Pulkkinen
The Unit for Asthma and Allergy Research, the National Institute of Environmental Medicine and the Centre for Allergy Research, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L956-66. 2012..The receptors for denatonium (TAS2R4, TAS2R10) and chloroquine (TAS2R3, TAS2R10) were expressed in GPT...
- Behavioral analysis of Drosophila transformants expressing human taste receptor genes in the gustatory receptor neuronsRyota Adachi
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyacho, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
J Neurogenet 26:198-205. 2012Transgenic Drosophila expressing human T2R4 and T2R38 bitter-taste receptors or PKD2L1 sour-taste receptor in the fly gustatory receptor neurons and other tissues were prepared using conventional Gal4/UAS binary system...
- Constitutively active mutant gives novel insights into the mechanism of bitter taste receptor activationSai Prasad Pydi
Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurochem 122:537-44. 2012..We mutated Gly28¹·⁴⁶ and Ser285⁷·⁴⁷ in T2R4 to G28A, G28L, S285A, S285T, and S285P, and carried out pharmacological characterization of the mutants...
- Functional bitter taste receptors are expressed in brain cellsNisha Singh
Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0W2
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 406:146-51. 2011..RT-PCR analysis revealed the presence of T2R4, T2R107 and T2R38 transcripts in the brain stem, cerebellum, cortex and nucleus accumbens...
- Allelic variation in TAS2R bitter receptor genes associates with variation in sensations from and ingestive behaviors toward common bitter beverages in adultsJohn E Hayes
Department of Food Science, College of Agricultural Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, 220 Food Science Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Chem Senses 36:311-9. 2011..A haploblock across TAS2R3, TAS2R4, and TAS2R5 explained some variability in the bitterness of espresso coffee...
- Functional expression of mammalian bitter taste receptors in Caenorhabditis elegansC Conte
Neuroscience, Pharma Research, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel 4070, Switzerland
Biochimie 88:801-6. 2006..As a proof of the concept, we generated transgenic worms expressing human T2R4 or its mouse ortholog T2R8 receptors, which respond to two bitter tastants previously characterised as their ..
- Identification of coding single-nucleotide polymorphisms in human taste receptor genes involving bitter tastingT Ueda
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:147-51. 2001..The identification of nucleotide diversity and amino acid polymorphisms in human T2R receptors could help clarify individual differences in the acceptability and sensitivity to bitter compounds...
- A plethora of taste receptorsS C Kinnamon
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Neuron 25:507-10. 2000
- A family of candidate taste receptors in human and mouseH Matsunami
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 404:601-4. 2000..Another TRB gene is found on a human contig assigned to chromosome 5p15, the location of a genetic locus (PROP) that controls the detection of the bitter compound 6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil in humans...
- The good taste of genomicsS Firestein
Nature 404:552-3. 2000
- T2Rs function as bitter taste receptorsJ Chandrashekar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Cell 100:703-11. 2000..Since a single taste receptor cell expresses a large repertoire of T2Rs, these findings provide a plausible explanation for the uniform bitter taste that is evoked by many structurally unrelated toxic compounds...