Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAS2R1
Description: taste 2 receptor member 1
Alias: T2R1, TRB7, taste receptor type 2 member 1, taste receptor, family B, member 7, taste receptor, type 2, member 1
- An S, Wang W, Koziol White C, Ahn K, Lee D, Kurten R, et al. TAS2R activation promotes airway smooth muscle relaxation despite β(2)-adrenergic receptor tachyphylaxis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L304-11 pubmed publisher..These findings portend a favorable therapeutic profile for TAS2R agonists for the treatment of bronchospasm in asthma or chronic obstructive lung disease. ..
- Upadhyaya J, Pydi S, Singh N, Aluko R, Chelikani P. Bitter taste receptor T2R1 is activated by dipeptides and tripeptides. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:331-5 pubmed publisher..this study, we tested the ability of the bitter tasting tri- and di-peptides to activate the human bitter receptor, T2R1. In addition, we tested the ability of peptide inhibitors of the blood pressure regulatory protein, angiotensin ..
- Meyerhof W, Batram C, Kuhn C, Brockhoff A, Chudoba E, Bufe B, et al. The molecular receptive ranges of human TAS2R bitter taste receptors. Chem Senses. 2010;35:157-70 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the detection of the numerous bitter chemicals is related to the molecular receptive ranges of hTAS2Rs. ..
- Kinnamon S. A plethora of taste receptors. Neuron. 2000;25:507-10 pubmed
- Chandrashekar J, Mueller K, Hoon M, Adler E, Feng L, Guo W, et al. T2Rs function as bitter taste receptors. Cell. 2000;100:703-11 pubmed..Since a single taste receptor cell expresses a large repertoire of T2Rs, these findings provide a plausible explanation for the uniform bitter taste that is evoked by many structurally unrelated toxic compounds. ..
- WÃ¶lfle U, Haarhaus B, Seiwerth J, Cawelius A, Schwabe K, Quirin K, et al. The Herbal Bitter Drug Gentiana lutea Modulates Lipid Synthesis in Human Keratinocytes In Vitro and In Vivo. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..a characteristic bitter compound of Gentiana lutea extract (GE), binds to the bitter taste receptors TAS2R1 and TAS2R38 in human keratinocytes, and stimulates the synthesis of epidermal barrier proteins...
- Shan L, Wu Q, Wang L, Zhang L, Wei F. Lineage-specific evolution of bitter taste receptor genes in the giant and red pandas implies dietary adaptation. Integr Zool. 2018;13:152-159 pubmed publisher..The purifying selection on TAS2R1, TAS2R9 and TAS2R38 in the giant panda, and TAS2R62 in the red panda, has been strengthened throughout the course ..
- Firestein S. The good taste of genomics. Nature. 2000;404:552-3 pubmed
- Singh N, Pydi S, Upadhyaya J, Chelikani P. Structural basis of activation of bitter taste receptor T2R1 and comparison with Class A G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36032-41 pubmed publisher..In this study, the bitter receptor T2R1 was used to systematically investigate the role of 15 transmembrane amino acids in T2Rs, including 13 highly ..
- Matsunami H, Montmayeur J, Buck L. A family of candidate taste receptors in human and mouse. Nature. 2000;404:601-4 pubmed..Another TRB gene is found on a human contig assigned to chromosome 5p15, the location of a genetic locus (PROP) that controls the detection of the bitter compound 6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil in humans. ..