Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TARSH
Description: ABI family member 3 binding protein
Alias: NESHBP, TARSH, target of Nesh-SH3, ABI family, member 3 (NESH) binding protein, ABI gene family member 3-binding protein, ABI gene family, member 3 (NESH) binding protein, nesh-binding protein
- Matsuda S, Iriyama C, Yokozaki S, Ichigotani Y, Shirafuji N, Yamaki K, et al. Cloning and sequencing of a novel human gene that encodes a putative target protein of Nesh-SH3. J Hum Genet. 2001;46:483-6 pubmed..Polymerase Chair reaction-based mapping with both a monochromosomal hybrid panel and radiation hybrid cell panels localized the gene on human chromosome 3q12 near the marker D3S1271. ..
- Uekawa N, Terauchi K, Nishikimi A, Shimada J, Maruyama M. Expression of TARSH gene in MEFs senescence and its potential implication in human lung cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1031-8 pubmed..We also show that mTARSH mRNA predominantly expressed in lung and that conspicuous expression of TARSH was drastically declined in all several lung cancer cell lines we tested...
- Zhang F, Guo X, Zhang Y, Wen Y, Wang W, Wang S, et al. Genome-wide copy number variation study and gene expression analysis identify ABI3BP as a susceptibility gene for Kashin-Beck disease. Hum Genet. 2014;133:793-9 pubmed publisher..Gene expression analysis also found that ABI3BP was up-regulated in KBD patients compared to healthy controls. Our results suggest that ABI3BP was a novel susceptibility gene for KBD. ..
- Latini F, Hemerly J, Oler G, Riggins G, Cerutti J. Re-expression of ABI3-binding protein suppresses thyroid tumor growth by promoting senescence and inhibiting invasion. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2008;15:787-99 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide evidence that the loss of ABI3BP expression could play a functional role in thyroid tumorigenesis. Activation of ABI3BP or its pathway may represent a possible basis for targeted therapy of certain cancers. ..
- Perlis R, Huang J, Purcell S, Fava M, Rush A, Sullivan P, et al. Genome-wide association study of suicide attempts in mood disorder patients. Am J Psychiatry. 2010;167:1499-507 pubmed publisher..They nonetheless provide suggestive evidence for multiple loci, which merit further investigation. ..
- Ding L, Abebe T, Beyene J, Wilke R, Goldberg A, Woo J, et al. Rank-based genome-wide analysis reveals the association of ryanodine receptor-2 gene variants with childhood asthma among human populations. Hum Genomics. 2013;7:16 pubmed publisher..Variants that are associated with asthma across populations could be used to identify individuals who are at high risk for asthma regardless of genetic ancestry. ..