Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAG-1
Description: contactin 2 (axonal)
Alias: AXT, FAME5, TAG-1, TAX, TAX1, axonal glycoprotein TAG-1, axonin-1 cell adhesion molecule, contactin 2 (transiently expressed), contactin-2, transient axonal glycoprotein 1, transiently-expressed axonal glycoprotein
Publications175 found, 100 shown here
- The interaction of HTLV-1 Tax with HDAC1 negatively regulates the viral gene expressionTakeshi Ego
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Oncogene 21:7241-6. 2002..The human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax oncoprotein activates transcription from its long terminal repeat (LTR) through interaction with cellular factors ..
- The human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax oncoprotein requires the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc13 for NF-kappaB activationNoula Shembade
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1550 NW 10 Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Virol 81:13735-42. 2007Ubiquitination of the human T-cell leukemia virus 1 Tax oncoprotein provides an important regulatory mechanism that promotes the Tax-mediated activation of NF-kappaB...
- Ubiquitylated Tax targets and binds the IKK signalosome at the centrosomeY Kfoury
Department of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Oncogene 27:1665-76. 2008Constitutive activation of the NF-kappaB pathway by the Tax oncoprotein plays a crucial role in the proliferation and transformation of HTLV-I infected T lymphocytes...
- Contactin-2/TAG-1-directed autoimmunity is identified in multiple sclerosis patients and mediates gray matter pathology in animalsTobias Derfuss
Department of Neuroimmunology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8302-7. 2009..Starting with a proteomics approach, we identified contactin-2/transiently expressed axonal glycoprotein 1 (TAG-1) as a candidate autoantigen recognized by both autoantibodies and T helper (Th) 1/Th17 ..
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 bZIP factor selectively suppresses the classical pathway of NF-kappaBTiejun Zhao
Laboratory of Virus Control, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 113:2755-64. 2009..The activation of NF-kappaB by Tax has been reported to play a crucial role in HTLV-1-induced transformation...
- Juxtaparanodal clustering of Shaker-like K+ channels in myelinated axons depends on Caspr2 and TAG-1Sebastian Poliak
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Cell Biol 162:1149-60. 2003....
- NRP/Optineurin Cooperates with TAX1BP1 to potentiate the activation of NF-kappaB by human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 tax proteinChloé Journo
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, CNRS URA 3015, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000521. 2009..b>Tax1 activation of NF-kappaB occurs predominantly in the cytoplasm, where Tax1 binds NF-kappaB Essential Modulator (NEMO/..
- Cis-activation of L1-mediated ankyrin recruitment by TAG-1 homophilic cell adhesionJ D Malhotra
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0616, USA
J Biol Chem 273:33354-9. 1998..Furthermore, such interactions might ultimately result in the recruitment and the activation of other signaling molecules at sites of cell contacts...
- p300 and p300/cAMP-responsive element-binding protein associated factor interact with human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-1 Tax in a multi-histone acetyltransferase/activator-enhancer complexR Harrod
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11852-7. 2000The human T-cell lymphotropic virus, type (HTLV)-1 trans-activator, Tax, coordinates with cAMP-responsive element-binding protein (CREB) and the transcriptional co-activators p300/CBP on three 21-base pair repeat elements in the proviral ..
- The HTLV-1 Tax protein inhibits formation of stress granules by interacting with histone deacetylase 6S Legros
Center for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, University of Liege ULg, Gembloux, Belgium
Oncogene 30:4050-62. 2011..Through deregulation of multiple cellular signaling pathways the viral Tax protein has a pivotal role in T-cell transformation...
- SMYD3 interacts with HTLV-1 Tax and regulates subcellular localization of TaxKeiyu Yamamoto
Department of Medical Genome Sciences, Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:260-6. 2011HTLV-1 Tax deregulates signal transduction pathways, transcription of genes, and cell cycle regulation of host cells, which is mainly mediated by its protein-protein interactions with host cellular factors...
- Spatial regulation of axonal glycoprotein expression on subsets of embryonic spinal neuronsJ Dodd
Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032
Neuron 1:105-16. 1988..These observations provide evidence that axonal guidance and pathway selection in vertebrates may be regulated in part by the transient and selective expression of distinct surface glycoproteins on subsets of developing neurons...
- Association of TAG-1 with Caspr2 is essential for the molecular organization of juxtaparanodal regions of myelinated fibersMaria Traka
Department of Basic Science, University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion 71110, Crete, Greece
J Cell Biol 162:1161-72. 2003..This complex is analogous to that described previously at paranodes, suggesting that similar molecules are crucial for different types of axo-glial interactions...
- Analysis of interactions of the adhesion molecule TAG-1 and its domains with other immunoglobulin superfamily membersOurania Pavlou
Department of Basic Science, University of Crete Medical School and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, P O Box 1527, Heraklion, Greece
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:367-81. 2002..These results indicate that neither L1 nor NrCAM are required for TAG-1-elicited neurite outgrowth...
- The crystal structure of the ligand binding module of axonin-1/TAG-1 suggests a zipper mechanism for neural cell adhesionJ Freigang
Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Germany
Cell 101:425-33. 2000..In accordance with this model, mutations in a loop critical for the formation of the zipper resulted in the loss of the homophilic binding capacity of axonin-1...
- HTLV-1 Tax-mediated TAK1 activation involves TAB2 adapter proteinQingsheng Yu
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:189-94. 2008Human T cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax is an oncoprotein that plays a crucial role in the proliferation and transformation of HTLV-1-infected T lymphocytes. It has recently been reported that Tax activates a MAPKKK family, TAK1...
- SUV39H1 interacts with HTLV-1 Tax and abrogates Tax transactivation of HTLV-1 LTRKoju Kamoi
Department of Medical Genome Sciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Retrovirology 3:5. 2006b>Tax is the oncoprotein of HTLV-1 which deregulates signal transduction pathways, transcription of genes and cell cycle regulation of host cells...
- Neurite outgrowth on immobilized axonin-1 is mediated by a heterophilic interaction with L1(G4)T B Kuhn
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 115:1113-26. 1991....
- Single nucleotide polymorphism of TAG-1 influences IVIg responsiveness of Japanese patients with CIDPM Iijima
Department of Neurology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Neurology 73:1348-52. 2009..In this study, we examined whether particular genetic factors influence the therapeutic responsiveness of patients with CIDP...
- TAG-1/axonin-1 is a high-affinity ligand of neurocan, phosphacan/protein-tyrosine phosphatase-zeta/beta, and N-CAMP Milev
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 271:15716-23. 1996....
- Tax ubiquitylation and sumoylation control critical cytoplasmic and nuclear steps of NF-kappaB activationRihab Nasr
Department of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut, PO Box 113 6044, Beirut, Lebanon
Blood 107:4021-9. 2006The Tax oncoprotein plays a crucial role in the proliferation and transformation of human T-cell leukemia virus type I (HTLV-I)-infected T lymphocytes through various mechanisms, including activation of the nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB ..
- cDNA cloning, structural features, and eucaryotic expression of human TAG-1/axonin-1T H Hasler
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 211:329-39. 1993..An additional shared feature of human TAG-1/axonin-1, rat TAG-1 and chick axonin-1 is their attachment to the cell membrane with a glycosyl-PtdIns anchor...
- Histone deacetylase 3 represses HTLV-1 tax transcriptionRaul Villanueva
Laboratory of Transcriptional and Immune Regulation, Brigham and Women s Hospital Laboratories, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Oncol Rep 16:581-5. 2006We examined the epigenetic mechanisms involved in human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax expression. Blockade of histone deacetylation with trichostatin A (TSA) resulted in Tax upregulation...
- Overlapping and differential expression of BIG-2, BIG-1, TAG-1, and F3: four members of an axon-associated cell adhesion molecule subgroup of the immunoglobulin superfamilyY Yoshihara
Department of Neuroscience, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Japan
J Neurobiol 28:51-69. 1995..These results suggest that BIG-2, BIG-1, TAG-1, and F3 may play important roles in the formation and maintenance of specific neuronal networks in the brain...
- The crystal structure of the ligand-binding module of human TAG-1 suggests a new mode of homophilic interactionMario Mörtl
University of Konstanz, Department of Biology, Konstanz, Germany
Protein Sci 16:2174-83. 2007..This mode of TAG-1 homophilic interaction is based on dimer formation rather than formation of a molecular zipper as proposed for the chicken ortholog...
- Public attitudes about cigarette smoking: results from the 1990 Smoking Activity Volunteer Executed SurveyS E Marcus
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
Public Health Rep 109:125-34. 1994..Around 65 percent of the respondents would support an extra tax on tobacco to finance public campaigns against smoking, and between 61 percent and 69 percent favor banning ..
- Discovering the right questions--our call to action--who will define health care rationing, and how?R I Burton
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642 000
J Hand Surg Am 19:169-80. 1994..lifestyle? Do the people of this country really want a health care service with the regulatory simplicity of the tax law, the frugality of the Pentagon, the efficiency of the Post Office, and the compassion of the IRS? To be ..
- Cutaneous disease resembling mycosis fungoides in HIV-infected patients whose skin and blood cells also harbor proviral HTLV type ID Zucker-Franklin
New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 10:1173-7. 1994..Although both patients lacked antibodies to HTLV, their blood and skin specimens proved to harbor tax and pol HTLV-I proviral sequences as shown by the polymerase chain reaction and Southern blot analysis...
- Observations on ethical problems and terminal careD S Fischer
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 65:105-20. 1992..This practice increases the cost of the drugs and is, in effect, a "sick tax," which is morally wrong.
- Fiscal conditions and state government policy choicesR J Newcomer
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Compr Gerontol B 1:122-8. 1987..during periods of fiscal austerity? Are these actions affected by expenditure levels, state budget balances, tax revenues, and the state's proportion of low income persons? Published data covering the period 1978-1982 from each ..
- Stimulation of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 enhancer by the human T-cell leukemia virus type I tax gene product involves the action of inducible cellular proteinsE Bohnlein
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Virol 63:1578-86. 1989..The transactivator (Tax) protein of the type I human T-cell leukemia virus (HTLV-I) can produce such an activated T-cell phenotype and ..
- HLA-A*26, HLA-B*4002, HLA-B*4006, and HLA-B*4801 alleles predispose to adult T cell leukemia: the limited recognition of HTLV type 1 tax peptide anchor motifs and epitopes to generate anti-HTLV type 1 tax CD8(+) cytotoxic T lymphocytesS Yashiki
Department of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 17:1047-61. 2001..CD8(+) cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) generated in vitro with a total of 165 synthetic peptides for HTLV-1 Tax and Env proteins...
- Mortality of a cohort of road construction and maintenance workers with work disability compensationA d'Errico
Servizio Sovrazonale di Epidemiologia, ASL 5, Regione Piemonte
Med Lav 93:519-26. 2002..data in which information about occupations and/or economic sectors of the subjects enrolled is reported, such as death certificates, hospital discharge data, census data, tax and pension records, and workers' compensation archives.
- [Support system for families with sick children who need medical care at home]N Kobayashi
Japan Welfare of Children and Families Association, Tokyo
No To Hattatsu 28:231-5. 1996..The reason is not only the differences of culture or religion, but also the tax system...
- Interaction of HTLV-1 Tax protein with calreticulin: implications for Tax nuclear export and secretionTimothy Alefantis
Vital Probes, Inc, 1300 Old Plank Road, Mayfield, PA 18433, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 61:194-200. 2007..The HTLV-1 transcriptional transactivator protein Tax plays an integral role in virus replication and disease progression...
- HTLV-1 tax-induced NF-kappaB activation is synergistically enhanced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate: mechanism and implications for Tax oncogenicityInbal Azran-Shaish
Shraga Segal Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, 84105, Israel
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:799-814. 2008..The pathogenic potential of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax protein is partly ascribed to its capacity to constitutively activate NF-kappaB factors because constitutive ..
- Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 transcription and chromatin-remodeling complexesRebecca Easley
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical Medicine, The George Washington University, 2300 I St, NW, Ross Hall, Room 551, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Virol 84:4755-68. 2010Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) encodes the viral protein Tax, which is believed to act as a viral transactivator through its interactions with a variety of transcription factors, including CREB and NF-kappaB...
- The human T-cell leukemia virus-1 transcriptional activator Tax enhances cAMP-responsive element-binding protein (CREB) binding activity through interactions with the DNA minor grooveJ R Lundblad
Division of Molecular Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 273:19251-9. 1998b>Tax-1, the transcriptional activation protein of human T-cell leukemia virus-1, increases transcription from the human T-cell leukemia virus-1 long terminal repeat and specific cellular promoters through interactions with cellular DNA-..
- Interaction of Gli2 with CREB protein on DNA elements in the long terminal repeat of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 is responsible for transcriptional activation by tax proteinS Dan
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108, Japan
J Virol 73:3258-63. 1999..elements, one copy of TRE2S and three copies of a 21-bp sequence that respond to the viral trans-activator protein, Tax. Either multiple copies of the 21-bp sequence or a combination of one copy each of TRE2S and 21-bp sequence is ..
- NF-kappaB involvement in the activation of primary adult T-cell leukemia cells and its clinical implicationsN Arima
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
Exp Hematol 27:1168-75. 1999The HTLV-I provirus-encoded Tax protein induces NF-kappaB in Tax-transfected Jurkat T cells or HTLVL-I- infected T cells in vitro...
- Silencing of human T-cell leukemia virus type I gene transcription by epigenetic mechanismsYuko Taniguchi
Laboratory of Virus Immunology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Retrovirology 2:64. 2005..Among accessory genes encoded by HTLV-I, the tax gene is thought to play a central role in oncogenesis...
- Induction of pro-inflammatory cytokines by human T-cell leukemia virus type-1 Tax protein as determined by multiplexed cytokine protein array analyses of human dendritic cellsJaya Ahuja
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Cancer Biology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 61:201-8. 2007..Studies have shown that the HTLV-1 transactivator protein Tax is available for immune recognition by antigen presenting cells (APCs), such as dendritic cells (DCs)...
- The synergistic effect of cigarette taxes on the consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and betel nutsJie Min Lee
Department of Logistics Management, National Kaohsiung Marine University, Nan Tzu, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
BMC Public Health 7:121. 2007..To assist in this effort, our study poses two questions: 1) Will the imposition of an NT$10 Health Tax on cigarettes effectively reduce cigarette consumption? and 2) Will this cigarette tax also reduce consumption of ..
- Induction of IL-10- and IFN-gamma-producing T-cell responses by autoreactive T-cells expressing human T-cell leukemia virus type I TaxNatsuko Takatsuka
Department of Immunotherapeutics, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Int Immunol 21:1089-100. 2009..Interestingly, T-cells isolated from these rats vigorously proliferated when stimulated with G14-Tax cells that stably expressed HTLV-I Tax, but not with G14 cells...
- Gene directed enzyme prodrug therapy for ovarian cancer: could GDEPT become a promising treatment against ovarian cancer?Akihiro Nawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Shouwa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 8:232-9. 2008..Paclitaxel (Taxol; TAX) is currently one of the most important anti-cancer drugs in chemotherapy of ovarian cancer...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) and HTLV-2 tax oncoproteins modulate cell cycle progression and apoptosisMichelle Sieburg
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 750 East Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Virol 78:10399-409. 2004..Differences between the biological activities of the respective tax gene products (Tax1 and Tax2) may be one factor which accounts for the differential pathogenicities associated with infection...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type I tax activates transcription of the human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene through two nuclear factor-kappaB sitesN Mori
Department of Preventive Medicine and AIDS Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Japan
Cancer Res 60:4939-45. 2000..The 5' transcriptional regulatory region of the MCP-1 gene was activated by the HTLV-I-encoded transactivator Tax in the human T-cell line Jurkat, in which endogenous MCP-1 is induced by Tax...
- Identification of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase as a transcriptional coactivator of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax proteinM G Anderson
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Program in Gene Regulation, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Virol 74:2169-77. 2000Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) encodes a transcriptional activator, Tax, whose activity is believed to contribute significantly to cellular transformation...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 2 post-transcriptional control protein p28 is required for viral infectivity and persistence in vivoBrenda Yamamoto
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Retrovirology 5:38. 2008..In addition to the structural and enzymatic proteins, HTLV encodes regulatory (Tax and Rex) and accessory proteins...
- Detection of anti-HTLV-I Tax antibodies in HTLV-I enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay-negative individualsG D Ehrlich
Department of Medicine, SUNY HSC Syracuse, 13210
Blood 74:1066-72. 1989The HTLV-I tax gene protein (Tax) is not packaged within the mature viral particle from which the proteins for the commercially available enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) are derived...
- In vivo rescue of a silent tax-deficient bovine leukemia virus from a tumor-derived ovine B-cell line by recombination with a retrovirally transduced wild-type tax geneA Van den Broeke
Laboratoire d Investigation Clinique et d Oncologie Expérimentale, Institut Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
J Virol 73:1054-65. 1999..Sequence analysis of the tax gene from the YR2 cell line identified two G-to-A transitions (G7924 to A7924 and G8149 to A8149) that result in E-..
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus oncoprotein Tax represses TGF-beta 1 signaling in human T cells via c-Jun activation: a potential mechanism of HTLV-I leukemogenesisBertrand Arnulf
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche CNRS UMR 8603, Hopital Necker Université Paris V, Paris, France
Blood 100:4129-38. 2002..The viral oncoprotein Tax, through the activation of nuclear factorkappaB (NF-kappaB), CCAAT-enhancer binding protein (CREB), and activated ..
- Diagnostic tool based on an HTLV-1-Tax expression system in eukaryotic cells using a poxvirus vectorJaqueline Gontijo de Souza
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Virol Methods 166:65-71. 2010..Proviral load and HTLV-1 protein expression, mainly of Tax, is correlated with disease progression and induction of host-virus equilibrium breakdown that, reportedly, ..
- Federalism and health system reform. Prospects for state actionM S Marquis
RAND, Washington, DC 20005, USA
JAMA 278:514-7. 1997..To assess the prospect that the states, acting independently, would undertake health insurance coverage expansions that together would result in meaningful reductions in the extent of uninsurance nationally...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax enhances serum response factor DNA binding and alters site selectionHeather Y Winter
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Virol 81:6089-98. 2007..The viral transforming protein Tax regulates the transcription of viral and cellular genes by interacting with cellular transcription factors and ..
- Tax-dependent displacement of nucleosomes during transcriptional activation of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1Isabelle Lemasson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1870, USA
J Biol Chem 281:13075-82. 2006..Within the repressive chromatin environment, the virally encoded Tax protein mediates the recruitment of the coactivators CREB-binding protein/p300 to the HTLV-1 promoter, located ..
- HTLV-1 Tax: centrosome amplification and cancerAnne Pumfery
Seton Hall University, Department of Biology, South Orange, NJ 07079, USA
Retrovirology 3:50. 2006..Several reports have indicated that the HTLV-1 transactivator, Tax, is directly responsible for the centrosomal abnormalities observed in ATL cells...
- Activation of NF-kappa B by the human T cell leukemia virus type I Tax oncoprotein is associated with ubiquitin-dependent relocalization of I kappa B kinaseNicole S Harhaj
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 282:4185-92. 2007..HTLV-1 encodes a trans-activating protein, Tax, which is largely responsible for the oncogenic properties of the virus...
- Human T cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax associates with a molecular chaperone complex containing hTid-1 and Hsp70H Cheng
Departments of Pediatrics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Curr Biol 11:1771-5. 2001b>Tax, an oncogenic viral protein encoded by human T cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1), induces cellular transformation of T lymphocytes by modulating a variety of cellular gene expressions ...
- Identification of human T cell leukemia virus type 1 tax amino acid signals and cellular factors involved in secretion of the viral oncoproteinPooja Jain
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Molecular Virology and Neuroimmunology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Biol Chem 282:34581-93. 2007..The viral oncoprotein Tax has been implicated in the pathogenesis of these diseases...
- HTLV-I Tax related dysfunction of cell cycle regulators and oncogenesis of adult T cell leukemiaN Arima
First Department Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 40:267-78. 2001..However, the precise mechanism of HTLV-I oncogenesis is unclear. HTLV-I Tax protein functions as an activator of various cellular genes, including IL-2, IL-2 receptor-alpha, and c-fos through ..
- Identification in gelada baboons (Theropithecus gelada) of a distinct simian T-cell lymphotropic virus type 3 with a broad range of Western blot reactivitySonia Van Dooren
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Gen Virol 85:507-19. 2004..3 %), HTLV-untypable (n=4, 33.3 %) and indeterminate (n=2, 16.6 %) profiles. Phylogenetic analysis of tax or env sequences that had been PCR amplified from peripheral blood lymphocyte DNA available from nine seropositive ..
- Human T cell leukemia virus type I Tax activates CD40 gene expression via the NF-kappa B pathwayEdward W Harhaj
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Virology 333:145-58. 2005..In this study, we demonstrate that HTLV-I Tax induces the aberrant expression of CD40, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) family that plays an ..
- Presence of a functional but dispensable nuclear export signal in the HTLV-2 Tax proteinSébastien A Chevalier
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Retrovirology 2:70. 2005..HTLV-1 and 2 genomes encode, respectively, the Tax1 and Tax2 proteins whose role is to transactivate the viral promoter...
- Proinflammatory cytokine gene induction by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) and HTLV-2 Tax in primary human glial cellsPrabal Banerjee
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Virol 81:1690-700. 2007..To investigate and compare the effects of Tax1 and Tax2 expression on the dysregulation of proinflammatory cytokines, lentivirus vectors were used to transduce ..
- Tax protein of HTLV-1 destabilizes the complexes of NF-kappa B and I kappa B-alpha and induces nuclear translocation of NF-kappa B for transcriptional activationT Suzuki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 10:1199-207. 1995b>Tax protein of HTLV-1 stimulates transcription of specific cellular genes through the NF-kappa B binding site...
- A new regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 and cloning of cDNAs encoding its binding proteinsA Tanimura
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Virol 67:5375-82. 1993The Tax protein of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) trans activates the 21-bp enhancer of HTLV-1...
- Paclitaxel-2'-Ethylcarbonate prodrug can circumvent P-glycoprotein-mediated cellular efflux to increase drug cytotoxicityTadatoshi Tanino
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Pharm Res 24:555-65. 2007The aim of the study was to investigate whether 2'-ethylcarbonate-linked paclitaxel (TAX-2'-Et) circumvents P-glycoprotein (P-gp)-mediated cellular efflux and cytotoxicity enhanced by TAX-2'-Et activation within human culture cells ..
- A 10-amino acid domain within human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 and type 2 tax protein sequences is responsible for their divergent subcellular distributionLaurent Meertens
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 279:43307-20. 2004..These results were confirmed after transient transfection of untagged Tax-1 and Tax-2 constructs, histidine tag Tax1/Tax2, GFP-Tax, and Tax-GFP fusion constructs in several cell lines...
- Interleukin-13 overexpression by tax transactivation: a potential autocrine stimulus in human T-cell leukemia virus-infected lymphocytesKatja Wäldele
Institut fur Klinische und Molekulare Virologie, Schlossgarten 4, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 78:6081-90. 2004The human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax oncoprotein induces growth transformation and is critical for the pathogenesis of the HTLV-1-induced adult T-cell leukemia (ATL)...
- The effect of cigarette price increase on the cigarette consumption in Taiwan: evidence from the National Health Interview Surveys on cigarette consumptionJie Min Lee
Department of Logistics Management, National Kaohsiung Marine University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
BMC Public Health 4:61. 2004This study uses cigarette price elasticity to evaluate the effect of a new excise tax increase on cigarette consumption and to investigate responses from various types of smokers.
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type-I Tax induces expression of interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R): Shedding of soluble IL-6R and activation of STAT3 signalingSankichi Horiuchi
Department of Molecular Virology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 119:823-30. 2006Human T-cell leukemia virus type-I (HTLV-I) encodes for the viral protein Tax, which is known to significantly disrupt transcriptional control of cytokines, cytokine receptors and other immuno-modulatory proteins in T cells...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus I tax protein sensitizes p53-mutant cells to DNA damageValia T Mihaylova
Departments of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Cancer Res 68:4843-52. 2008..Reports have shown that Tax, a human T-cell leukemia virus type I encoded protein that has been associated with genomic instability and ..
- Anti-HTLV-1 tax antibody and tax-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte are associated with a reduction in HTLV-1 proviral load in asymptomatic carriersMasaki Akimoto
Department of Hematology and Immunology, Kagoshima University Hospital, Kagoshima, Japan
J Med Virol 79:977-86. 2007..studies have suggested that higher anti-human T-lymphotropic virus 1 (HTLV-1) antibody titer and lower anti-HTLV-1 Tax antibody reactivity are risk factors for adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma...
- Effectiveness of tax and price policies in tobacco controlFrank J Chaloupka
Economics, College of Business Administration, Health Policy and Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tob Control 20:235-8. 2011..public policy and tobacco control were asked by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) to evaluate the strength of the available evidence on the effects of tax and price policies to prevent and reduce tobacco use.
- The proto-oncogene Bcl3, induced by Tax, represses Tax-mediated transcription via p300 displacement from the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 promoterYoung Mi Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Campus Box 1870, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1870, USA
J Virol 82:11939-47. 2008..leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1)-induced adult T-cell leukemia is linked to the expression of the viral oncoprotein Tax. Although the mechanism of retroviral transformation is unknown, Tax interferes with fundamental cellular processes,..
- Chromatin structure of recombinant Moloney murine leukemia virus proviral DNAs that contain tax-responsive sequences from human T-cell lymphotropic virus type II in the presence and absence of taxH Kitado
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine 92717
J Virol 63:3072-9. 1989..II (HTLV-I and HTLV-II) are replication-competent retroviruses which contain two additional regulatory proteins, tax and rex...
- Temporal dynamics of human T-lymphotropic virus type I tax mRNA and proviral DNA load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of human T-lymphotropic virus type I-associated myelopathy patientsEugenio Ramirez
Department of Virology, Instituto de Salud Publica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Med Virol 79:782-90. 2007..High HTLV-I provirus load and tax mRNA level have been suggested as predictors of disease progression in patients with HAM/TSP, but little is known ..
- Identification of the Tax interaction region of serum response factor that mediates the aberrant induction of immediate early genes through CArG boxes by HTLV-I TaxM Fujii
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Oncogene 11:7-14. 1995b>Tax of human T-cell leukemia virus type I (HTLV-I) activates transcription at a CArG box of various immediate early genes such as the proto-oncogene c-fos...
- Existence of escape mutant in HTLV-I tax during the development of adult T-cell leukemiaY Furukawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine and the Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Blood 97:987-93. 2001Although Tax protein is the main target of cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) on human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I)-infected cells, and Tax peptide 11 through 19 binding to HLA-A*02 has been shown to elicit a strong CTL response, ..
- Phosphorylation of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 transactivator tax on adjacent serine residues is critical for tax activationF Bex
Department of Molecular Biology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 1640 Rhode St Genèse, Belgium
J Virol 73:738-45. 1999The Tax transactivator protein of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) plays a central role in the activation of viral gene expression...
- HTLV-1a tax gene and long terminal repeat sequences from Argentinean strains reveal disagreement with tax restriction fragment length polymorphism subtypingAlena M Iniguez
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1127-30. 2007Sequence and cluster analysis have shown two HTLV-1a tax gene subgroups, tax A and tax B, which are related to long terminal repeat (LTR) molecular subtypes...
- Organic anion transporting polypeptide 2-mediated uptake of paclitaxel and 2'-ethylcarbonate-linked paclitaxel in freshly isolated rat hepatocytesTadatoshi Tanino
School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, Higashi Osaka, Osaka, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1029-35. 2009..Therefore, the hepatic uptake of paclitaxel and its P-gp-insensitive prodrug, 2'-ethylcarbonate-linked paclitaxel (TAX-2'-Et), has been characterized using freshly isolated and pregnenolone-16-alpha-carbonitrile (PCN)-treated ..
- [Synergistic cytotoxicity effect of histone deacetylase inhibitor combined with paclitaxel on lung cancer cell lines and its mechanism]Dong Zhang
Geriatric Respiratory Department, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, P R China
Ai Zheng 28:1270-6. 2009..This study was to observe the synergistic anti-proliferative effect of HDAC inhibitor trichostatin A (TSA) combined with paclitaxel on lung cancer cell lines H322 and H1299, and to investigate its mechanism...
- In vivo fluctuation of Tax, Foxp3, CTLA-4, and GITR mRNA expression in CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells of patients with human T-lymphotropic virus type 1-associated myelopathyE Ramirez
Departamento de Virologia, Instituto de Salud Publica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Braz J Med Biol Res 43:1109-15. 2010HTLV-1 Tax expression exerts an inhibitory effect on the Foxp3 transcription factor in CD4(+)CD25(+) T-regulatory cells (Treg)...
- Long-term fiscal implications of subsidizing in-vitro fertilization in Sweden: a lifetime tax perspectiveAnders Svensson
Lund University, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 36:841-9. 2008..In light of increasing use of ART in Sweden we estimate the lifetime future tax revenues of a child conceived by in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to establish whether public subsidy of IVF represents ..
- The tax protein from the primate T-cell lymphotropic virus type 3 is expressed in vivo and is functionally related to HTLV-1 Tax rather than HTLV-2 TaxS A Chevalier
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Oncogene 25:4470-82. 2006..Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 and type 2 (HTLV-1 and HTLV-2) encode the Tax viral transactivator (Tax1 and Tax2, respectively)...
- Protein profile of tax-associated complexesKaili Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:495-508. 2004..b>Tax, a 40-kDa protein, regulates viral and cellular transcription, host signal transduction, the cell cycle, and ..
- A balanced transcription between telomerase and the telomeric DNA-binding proteins TRF1, TRF2 and Pot1 in resting, activated, HTLV-1-transformed and Tax-expressing human T lymphocytesEmmanuelle Escoffier
Virologie Humaine INSERM U412, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, 46 allee d Italie, 69364, Lyon Cedex 07, France
Retrovirology 2:77. 2005..has been previously found that hTERT activity is down-regulated by the human T cell leukaemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax protein in HTLV-1 transformed T lymphocytes...
- An alternative splice product of IkappaB kinase (IKKgamma), IKKgamma-delta, differentially mediates cytokine and human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 tax-induced NF-kappaB activationTao Hai
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77555 1060, USA
J Virol 80:4227-41. 2006..associate, couple to activators of the canonical pathway, and mediate human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax-induced NF-kappaB activity...
- p21(Waf1/Cip1/Sdi1) prevents apoptosis as well as stimulates growth in cells transformed or immortalized by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-encoded taxSanae Kawata
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Virol 77:7291-9. 2003Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax regulates the expression of virally encoded genes, as well as various endogenous host genes in trans...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax oncoprotein induces and interacts with a multi-PDZ domain protein, MAGI-3Minako Ohashi
Division of Virology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Virology 320:52-62. 2004..HTLV-1 Tax1 oncoprotein transforms a rat fibroblast cell line (Rat-1) much more efficiently than does HTLV-2 Tax2...
- Correlation of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) mRNA with proviral DNA load, virus-specific CD8(+) T cells, and disease severity in HTLV-1-associated myelopathy (HAM/TSP)Yoshihisa Yamano
Viral Immunology Section, Neuroimmunology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 99:88-94. 2002..virus type 1 (HTLV-1), a real-time quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) of HTLV-1 tax messenger RNA (mRNA) using ABI Prism 7700 Sequence Detection System was developed...
- Transcriptional activation of immediate-early gene ETR101 by human T-cell leukaemia virus type I TaxLi Chen
Laboratory for Stem Cell Research, Aalborg University, Gustav Wieds Vej 10, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Gen Virol 84:3203-14. 2003Human T-cell leukaemia virus type I (HTLV-I) Tax regulates viral and cellular gene expression through interactions with multiple cellular transcription pathways...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 tax oncoprotein suppression of multilineage hematopoiesis of CD34+ cells in vitroAdam Tripp
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Virol 77:12152-64. 2003..of HTLV on hematopoiesis, bicistronic lentiviral vectors were constructed encoding the HTLV-1 or HTLV-2 tax genes (Tax1 and Tax2, respectively) and the green fluorescent protein marker gene...
- Physical and functional interaction between the human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 Tax1 protein and the CCAAT binding protein NF-YC A Pise-Masison
Laboratory of Molecular Virology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5055, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1236-43. 1997b>Tax1, a potent activator of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) transcription, has been shown to modulate expression of many cellular genes...
- Cell-cell adhesion by homophilic interaction of the neuronal recognition molecule axonin-1C Rader
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Biochem 215:133-41. 1993....
- Characterization of a nuclear export signal within the human T cell leukemia virus type I transactivator protein TaxTimothy Alefantis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University Hershey, 500 University Drive, PA 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21814-22. 2003..The HTLV-I transactivator protein Tax plays an integral role in the etiology of adult T cell leukemia, as expression of Tax in T lymphocytes has been ..
- Mutant tax protein from bovine leukemia virus with enhanced ability to activate the expression of c-fosShigeru Tajima
Retrovirus Research Unit, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Virol 76:2557-62. 2002..We previously identified several mutants of the BLV Tax protein with an ability to transactivate transcription via the BLV enhancer that is significantly greater than that ..
- Deacetylase inhibitors and the viral transactivator TaxBLV synergistically activate bovine leukemia virus gene expression via a cAMP-responsive element- and cAMP-responsive element-binding protein-dependent mechanismThi Lien Anh Nguyen
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, Service de Chimie Biologique, Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire, Rue des Profs Jeener et Brachet 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
J Biol Chem 279:35025-36. 2004Efficient bovine leukemia virus (BLV) transcription requires the virus-encoded transactivator Tax(BLV), which acts through three Tax(BLV)-responsive elements located in the 5' long terminal repeat...
- Localization of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type II Tax protein is dependent upon a nuclear localization determinant in the N-terminal regionMarco Turci
Department of Mother and Child, Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, 37134 Verona, Italy
Gene 365:119-24. 2006..The proviral genome encodes a trans-regulatory Tax protein that activates viral genes and upregulates various cellular genes involved in both cell growth and ..
- PROTEINS BINDING TO THE HUMAN GAMMA INTERFERON PROMOTERDon Diamond; Fiscal Year: 1992..to sequences in the IFN-gamma promoter would also interact with the products of the viral transactivator genes (tax I or tax II) similar to the protein:promoter binding of the AP-1 and Fos gene products...
- Exploring How HTLV-1 Tax Induces T Cell LeukemiaWarner Greene; Fiscal Year: 2006..The molecular basis for HTLV-I transformation of human CD4+ T lymphocytes remains unclear, however, the pX-encoded Tax gene product appears to play a central role...
- Economic Contextual Influences on Population Diet and ObesityLisa Powell; Fiscal Year: 2010..and non-recipients separately because when purchased by food stamp recipients, such items are exempt from the tax. The specific aims of this project are threefold: 1) Examine the relationship between soda, candy, baked goods, ..
- Are Alcohol Tax Hikes Fully Passed Through to Prices?Donald Kenkel; Fiscal Year: 2004..will take advantage of this time-limited opportunity to study a very basic question: What is the impact of the tax hike on the prices of alcoholic beverages? The project's first specific aim is to describe comprehensively the ..
- The Social Safety Net, Poverty, and Material HardshipSIGNE MARY MCKERNAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..even though this measure has important flaws, such as not capturing benefits families receive from non-cash and tax-related programs (e.g., food stamps and the Earned Income Tax Credit)...
- Quality Substitution Among Heavy and AUD Drinkers and Alcohol Tax PolicyJohn A Rich; Fiscal Year: 2011The study examines the extent to which heavy and AUD drinkers avoid the effects of alcohol tax and price increases by substituting to lower quality-lower priced alcoholic beverages and the effect that such substitution has on alcohol ..
- Mechanism of HTLV-1 Tax-mediated activation of CDK6 transcription.ISABELLE MICHELE LEMASSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The HTLV-1-encoded Tax protein plays an essential role in viral propagation by activating transcription of the chromosomally integrated ..
- CIGARETTE TAXES AND PRENATAL SMOKINGTheodore Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2002..5. In 1999, California increased the excise tax on cigarettes by $0.50; New York raised the excise tax by $0.55 in March of this year...
- TRANSCRIPTION ACTIVATION BY HIV, TAT, HTLV TAX & HBV PXMichael Green; Fiscal Year: 2004..viruses activate transcription, specifically, the Tat protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1), the Tax protein of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1), and the pX protein of hepatitis B virus (HBV)...
- The Shape of Income and MortalityGeorge Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..causes, where the greatest burden of mortality falls in the income distribution, and analyze the extent to which tax and transfer programs alter the shape of this association...
- MECHANISM OF HTLV-I TAX-MEDIATED PHOSPHORYLATION OF IKBAEMMETT CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2000..setting of HTLV-I infection are only beginning to be elucidated, evidence increasingly supports a pivotal role for Tax, a 40 kDa HTLV-I-encoded transactivator protein that augments both viral and cellular gene expression...
- Strategic Targeting of Price Discounts for Cigarettes: Firm and Consumer BehaviorDean R Lillard; Fiscal Year: 2010..and H2: cigarette manufacturers are more likely to offer price discounts in markets immediately after the cigarette tax is raised (when unemployment increases);H3: Manufacturers will offer fewer cessation price discounts immediately ..
- ANIMAL MODELS OF MOLECULAR PATHOGENSIS OF HTLV-1Michael Lairmore; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Tax, a 40 kD protein encoded from ORF IV plays a critical role in the regulation of both viral and cellular genes ..
- Activation of HTLV1 Gene Expression and OncogenesisArnold Rabson; Fiscal Year: 2006..activation of HTLV- 1 gene expression induced by T-cell activation stimuli in conjunction with the HTLV-1 Tax transcriptional transactivator...
- An Econometric Analysis of Cigarette Price Search and Tax IncidenceDonald Kenkel; Fiscal Year: 2009..is a good "laboratory" to study border crossing because it includes New York City, which has a high local cigarette tax, and a number of Native American Reservations, which are important sources of low price cigarettes for many New ..
- Mechanism of HTLV-1 activation of the SRF pathway.Maureen Shuh; Fiscal Year: 2006..The 3' end of the virus encodes a 353 amino acid, 40 kiloDalton, phosphoprotein known as Tax. Tax activates the transcription of viral and host genes somehow by modulating the activity of transcription ..
- Regulation of HTLV-I replication by the viral p30Christophe Nicot; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have recently found that HTLV-I has evolved a protein, p30, that interacts specifically with the tax/rex viral RNA encoding positive regulators of virus expression...
- Modulation of c-MYC Functions in an HTLV-1 Model for CarcinogenesisRobert Harrod; Fiscal Year: 2009..3'region of the HTLV-1 genome encodes five regulatory and accessory proteins, including the transactivator, Tax, and p30II (Tax-ORF-II)...
- CHILD SUPPORT, CHILD WELFARE & EFFECTS OF WELFARE REFORMH Peters; Fiscal Year: 2003..The second part of this proposal investigates the effect of the Child Care Tax Credit (CCTC) in the U.S...