Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAF5L
Description: TATA-box binding protein associated factor 5 like
Alias: PAF65B, TAF5-like RNA polymerase II p300/CBP-associated factor-associated factor 65 kDa subunit 5L, PAF65-beta, PCAF-associated factor 65 beta, TAF5-like RNA polymerase II, p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF)-associated factor, 65kDa
- Cavusoglu N, Brand M, Tora L, Van Dorsselaer A. Novel subunits of the TATA binding protein free TAFII-containing transcription complex identified by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry following one-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Proteomics. 2003;3:217-23 pubmed..These results together show the suitability and the great potential of this method and offer new perspectives in fundamental studies of transcription factor complexes. ..
- Chistiakov D, Chernisheva A, Savost anov K, Turakulov R, Kuraeva T, Dedov I, et al. The TAF5L gene on chromosome 1q42 is associated with type 1 diabetes in Russian affected patients. Autoimmunity. 2005;38:283-93 pubmed..was also shown for the T(-25) and T1362 alleles of the C/T(-25) and C/T1362 dimorphisms, both located at the TAF5L gene, which is situated 103 kb from D1S2847...
- Kuninger D, Wright A, Rotwein P. Muscle cell survival mediated by the transcriptional coactivators p300 and PCAF displays different requirements for acetyltransferase activity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C699-709 pubmed..Our results define a role for p300 in promoting cell survival, which is independent of its acetyltransferase activity and acts at least in part through FGF-1. ..
- Martinez E, Palhan V, Tjernberg A, Lymar E, Gamper A, Kundu T, et al. Human STAGA complex is a chromatin-acetylating transcription coactivator that interacts with pre-mRNA splicing and DNA damage-binding factors in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6782-95 pubmed
- Zhao Y, Lang G, Ito S, Bonnet J, Metzger E, Sawatsubashi S, et al. A TFTC/STAGA module mediates histone H2A and H2B deubiquitination, coactivates nuclear receptors, and counteracts heterochromatin silencing. Mol Cell. 2008;29:92-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, the deubiquitinase activity of the TFTC/STAGA HAT complex is necessary to counteract heterochromatin silencing and acts as a positive cofactor for activation by nuclear receptors in vivo. ..
- Brand M, Yamamoto K, Staub A, Tora L. Identification of TATA-binding protein-free TAFII-containing complex subunits suggests a role in nucleosome acetylation and signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18285-9 pubmed..Thus, the polypeptide composition of TFTC suggests that TFTC is recruited to chromatin templates by activators to acetylate histones and thus may potentiate initiation and activation of transcription. ..
- Palhan V, Chen S, Peng G, Tjernberg A, Gamper A, Fan Y, et al. Polyglutamine-expanded ataxin-7 inhibits STAGA histone acetyltransferase activity to produce retinal degeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8472-7 pubmed
- Brès V, Tagami H, Peloponese J, Loret E, Jeang K, Nakatani Y, et al. Differential acetylation of Tat coordinates its interaction with the co-activators cyclin T1 and PCAF. EMBO J. 2002;21:6811-9 pubmed..Thus, differential lysine acetylation of Tat coordinates the interactions with its co-activators, cyclin T1 and PCAF. Our results may help in understanding the ordered recruitment of Tat co-activators to the HIV-1 promoter. ..
- Ravnskjaer K, Kester H, Liu Y, Zhang X, Lee D, Yates J, et al. Cooperative interactions between CBP and TORC2 confer selectivity to CREB target gene expression. EMBO J. 2007;26:2880-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that TORC2 is one of the long sought after cofactors that mediates the differential effects of cAMP and stress pathways on CREB target gene expression. ..
- Gamper A, Roeder R. Multivalent binding of p53 to the STAGA complex mediates coactivator recruitment after UV damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2517-27 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a cooperative and modular binding mode for the recruitment of coactivator complexes to promoters. ..
- Vassilev A, Yamauchi J, Kotani T, Prives C, Avantaggiati M, Qin J, et al. The 400 kDa subunit of the PCAF histone acetylase complex belongs to the ATM superfamily. Mol Cell. 1998;2:869-75 pubmed..We discuss the possibility that PAF400 may play a role in signaling of DNA damage to p53 by stimulation of p53 acetylation. ..