Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SYNRG
Description: synergin gamma
Alias: AP1GBP1, SYNG, synergin gamma, AP1 gamma subunit binding protein 1, AP1 subunit gamma-binding protein 1, adaptor-related protein complex 1 gamma subunit-binding protein 1, gamma-synergin
- Collins B, Praefcke G, Robinson M, Owen D. Structural basis for binding of accessory proteins by the appendage domain of GGAs. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:607-13 pubmed..Isothermal titration calorimetry was used to assess the affinities of different peptides for the GGA and gamma-appendage domains. ..
- Theos A, Tenza D, Martina J, Hurbain I, Peden A, Sviderskaya E, et al. Functions of adaptor protein (AP)-3 and AP-1 in tyrosinase sorting from endosomes to melanosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5356-72 pubmed
- Peyrard M, Parveneh S, Lagercrantz S, Ekman M, Fransson I, Sahlén S, et al. Cloning, expression pattern, and chromosomal assignment to 16q23 of the human gamma-adaptin gene (ADTG). Genomics. 1998;50:275-80 pubmed..e., the medium (AP47) and small (AP19) subunits, to chromosomes 19 and 7, respectively. Expression analysis of these genes in human tissues revealed ubiquitously expressed transcripts of approximately 2.5 and 1.5 kb, respectively. ..
- Hirst J, Borner G, Harbour M, Robinson M. The aftiphilin/p200/gamma-synergin complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2554-65 pubmed
- Inoue M, Shiba T, Ihara K, Yamada Y, Hirano S, Kamikubo H, et al. Molecular basis for autoregulatory interaction between GAE domain and hinge region of GGA1. Traffic. 2007;8:904-13 pubmed
- Lui Roberts W, Ferraro F, Nightingale T, Cutler D. Aftiphilin and gamma-synergin are required for secretagogue sensitivity of Weibel-Palade bodies in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5072-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, by also recruiting aftiphilin/gamma-synergin in addition to clathrin, AP-1 coordinates formation of WPBs with their acquisition of a regulated secretory phenotype. ..