Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STX12
Description: syntaxin 12
Alias: STX13, STX14, syntaxin-12
- Wang H, Jiang Y, Lu M, Sun B, Qiao X, Xue D, et al. STX12 lncRNA/miR-148a/SMAD5 participate in the regulation of pancreatic stellate cell activation through a mechanism involving competing endogenous RNA. Pancreatology. 2017;17:237-246 pubmed publisher..In addition, activated rat PSCs were transfected with a small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting the syntaxin-12 (STX12) lncRNA. Then, the expression of STX12, miR-148a and miR-130b were examined by RT-PCR...
- Falcon Perez J, Dell Angelica E. The pallidin (Pldn) gene and the role of SNARE proteins in melanosome biogenesis. Pigment Cell Res. 2002;15:82-6 pubmed..As SNARE proteins mediate fusion of intracellular membranes, pallidin may play a role in membrane fusion events required for melanosome biogenesis. ..
- Steiner P, Sarria J, Glauser L, Magnin S, Catsicas S, Hirling H. Modulation of receptor cycling by neuron-enriched endosomal protein of 21 kD. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1197-209 pubmed..In summary, NEEP21 is a neuronal protein that is localized to the early endosomal pathway and is necessary for correct receptor recycling in neurons. ..
- Kean M, Williams K, Skalski M, Myers D, Burtnik A, Foster D, et al. VAMP3, syntaxin-13 and SNAP23 are involved in secretion of matrix metalloproteinases, degradation of the extracellular matrix and cell invasion. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4089-98 pubmed publisher..The results reveal the importance of VAMP3, syntaxin-13 and SNAP23 in the trafficking of MMP during degradation of ECM substrates and subsequent cellular invasion. ..
- Minakami R, Kato A, Sugiyama H. Interaction of Vesl-1L/Homer 1c with syntaxin 13. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:466-71 pubmed..We thus propose that the association of Vesl-1L with syntaxin 13 plays a role in the translocation of Vesl-1L to the intracellular organelles. ..
- Sun W, Yan Q, Vida T, Bean A. Hrs regulates early endosome fusion by inhibiting formation of an endosomal SNARE complex. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:125-37 pubmed..These data suggest that SNAP-25 is a receptor for Hrs on early endosomal membranes and that the binding of Hrs to SNAP-25 on endosomal membranes inhibits formation of a SNARE complex required for homotypic endosome fusion. ..
- Lu Y, Zhang Z, Sun D, Sweeney S, Gao F. Syntaxin 13, a genetic modifier of mutant CHMP2B in frontotemporal dementia, is required for autophagosome maturation. Mol Cell. 2013;52:264-71 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of syntaxin 13 (STX13) or its binding partner Vti1a in mammalian cells caused LC3-positive puncta to accumulate and blocks autophagic ..
- Williams K, Coppolino M. SNARE-dependent interaction of Src, EGFR and ?1 integrin regulates invadopodia formation and tumor cell invasion. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:1712-25 pubmed publisher..Src, EGFR and ?1 integrin is dependent upon membrane traffic that is mediated by syntaxin13 (officially known as STX12) and SNAP23; a similar dependence on these two SNARE proteins was observed for invadopodium-based matrix ..
- Jani R, Purushothaman L, Rani S, Bergam P, Setty S. STX13 regulates cargo delivery from recycling endosomes during melanosome biogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:3263-76 pubmed publisher..We found that depletion of syntaxin 13 (STX13, also known as STX12), a recycling endosomal Qa-SNARE, inhibits pigment granule maturation in melanocytes by ..
- Kuster A, Nola S, Dingli F, Vacca B, Gauchy C, Beaujouan J, et al. The Q-soluble N-Ethylmaleimide-sensitive Factor Attachment Protein Receptor (Q-SNARE) SNAP-47 Regulates Trafficking of Selected Vesicle-associated Membrane Proteins (VAMPs). J Biol Chem. 2015;290:28056-69 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SNAP-47 plays a role in the proper localization and function of a subset of VAMPs likely via regulation of their transport through the early secretory pathway. ..
- Steegmaier M, Yang B, Yoo J, Huang B, Shen M, Yu S, et al. Three novel proteins of the syntaxin/SNAP-25 family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:34171-9 pubmed..SNAP-29 does not contain a predicted membrane anchor characteristic of other SNAREs. In vitro studies established that SNAP-29 is capable of binding to a broad range of syntaxins. ..
- Bared S, Buechler C, Boettcher A, Dayoub R, Sigruener A, Grandl M, et al. Association of ABCA1 with syntaxin 13 and flotillin-1 and enhanced phagocytosis in tangier cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5399-407 pubmed..It is concluded that ABCA1 forms a complex with syntaxin 13 and flotillin-1, residing at the plasma membrane and in phagosomes that are partially located in raft microdomains. ..