Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STK38
Description: serine/threonine kinase 38
Alias: NDR, NDR1, serine/threonine-protein kinase 38, NDR1 protein kinase, Ndr Ser/Thr kinase-like protein, nuclear Dbf2-related kinase 1
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Lee T, Bai K, Chen Y, Lee T, Chung C, Tsai W, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition of cardiac autophagy in rats on a high?fat diet with low?dose streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetes mellitus. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that MPT0E014 may improve cardiac function in T2DM rats by modulating myocardial autophagy, inflammation and insulin signaling...
- Wang Z, Li R, Zhong R. Extracellular matrix promotes proliferation, migration and adhesion of airway smooth muscle cells in a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease via upregulation of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2018;18:3143-3152 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ECM proteins promoted proliferation, migration and adhesion of ASMCs form rat models of COPD through activation of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Canet Pons J, Schubert R, Duecker R, Schrewe R, Wölke S, Kieslich M, et al. Ataxia telangiectasia alters the ApoB and reelin pathway. Neurogenetics. 2018;19:237-255 pubmed publisher..As extracellular factors, apolipoproteins and their cargo such as vitamin E may be useful for neuroprotective interventions. ..
- Salama A, Duque M, Wang L, Shahzad K, Olivera M, Loor J. Enhanced supply of methionine or arginine alters mechanistic target of rapamycin signaling proteins, messenger RNA, and microRNA abundance in heat-stressed bovine mammary epithelial cells in vitro. J Dairy Sci. 2019;102:2469-2480 pubmed publisher..The positive responses with Met and Arg raise the possibility that supplementation with these AA during HS might have a positive effect on mammary metabolism. ..
- Koronowicz A, Drozdowska M, Banks P, Piasna Słupecka E, Domagała D, Leszczyńska T. Fatty Acids of CLA-enriched Egg Yolks Can Induce Mitochondrial Pathway of Apoptosis in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:2861-2870 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that activation of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway may be a potential mechanism of EFA-CLA action. ..
- Greer Y, Gao B, Yang Y, Nussenzweig A, Rubin J. Lack of Casein Kinase 1 Delta Promotes Genomic Instability - The Accumulation of DNA Damage and Down-Regulation of Checkpoint Kinase 1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170903 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that CK1? contributes to the efficient repair of DNA damage and the proper functioning of mitotic checkpoints by maintaining appropriate levels of Chk1. ..
- Shi T, Sun J, Wu X, Weng J, Wang P, Qie H, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Chinese bayberry (Myrica rubra Sieb. et Zucc.) fruit treated with heat and 1-MCP. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2018;133:40-49 pubmed publisher..These results might improve our understanding of the mechanisms of heat and 1-MCP inhibition of fruit postharvest physiology and prolongation of fruit shelf life. ..
- Suliman H, Kraft B, Bartz R, Chen L, Welty Wolf K, Piantadosi C. Mitochondrial quality control in alveolar epithelial cells damaged by S. aureus pneumonia in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L699-L709 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mitochondrial QC activation in pneumonia-damaged AT2 cells promotes cell survival in support of alveolar function. ..
- Yang B, Lan S, Dieudé M, Sabo Vatasescu J, Karakeussian Rimbaud A, Turgeon J, et al. Caspase-3 Is a Pivotal Regulator of Microvascular Rarefaction and Renal Fibrosis after Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:1900-1916 pubmed publisher..These findings also demonstrate the predominant role of microvascular over tubular injury as a driver of progressive renal damage and fibrosis after IRI. ..
- Saito Y, Moriya S, Kazama H, Hirasawa K, Miyahara K, Kokuba H, et al. Amino acid starvation culture condition sensitizes EGFR-expressing cancer cell lines to gefitinib-mediated cytotoxicity by inducing atypical necroptosis. Int J Oncol. 2018;52:1165-1177 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the enhanced cytotoxic effect of GEF under AAS culture conditions is thought to be mediated by atypical necroptosis. ..
- Cheng H, Xia B, Su C, Chen K, Chen X, Chen P, et al. PI3K/Akt signaling pathway and Hsp70 activate in hippocampus of rats with chronic manganese sulfate exposure. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2018;50:332-338 pubmed publisher..05). Chronic MnSO4 exposure can result in apoptosis of central nerve cells, activate the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in rats' hippocampus, and upregulate Hsp70 transcription and translation. ..
- Moraes P, Yonamine C, Pinto Junior D, Esteves J, Machado U, Mori R. Insulin acutely triggers transcription of Slc2a4 gene: participation of the AT-rich, E-box and NFKB-binding sites. Life Sci. 2014;114:36-44 pubmed publisher..These results unravel how post-prandial increase of insulin may guarantee GLUT4 expression, and how the insulin signaling impairment can participate in insulin resistance-induced repression of GLUT4. ..
- Pagel R, Bär F, Schröder T, Sünderhauf A, Künstner A, Ibrahim S, et al. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. FASEB J. 2017;31:4707-4719 pubmed publisher..König, P., Tsang, A. H., Bettenworth, D., Divanovic, S., Lehnert, H., Fellermann, K., Oster, H., Derer, S., Sina, C. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. ..
- Beke L, Kig C, Linders J, Boens S, Boeckx A, Van Heerde E, et al. MELK-T1, a small-molecule inhibitor of protein kinase MELK, decreases DNA-damage tolerance in proliferating cancer cells. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting MELK by the inhibition of both its catalytic activity and its protein stability might sensitize tumours to DNA-damaging agents or radiation therapy by lowering the DNA-damage threshold. ..
- Rotllant G, Nguyen T, Sbragaglia V, Rahi L, Dudley K, Hurwood D, et al. Sex and tissue specific gene expression patterns identified following de novo transcriptomic analysis of the Norway lobster, Nephrops norvegicus. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:622 pubmed publisher..The N. norvegicus data provide a foundation for future gene-based reproductive studies. ..
- Chen H, Wang Q, Yin Y, Li S, Niu D, Wang H. Genotypic variations between wild-type and small colony variant of Staphylococcus aureus in prosthetic valve infectious endocarditis: a comparative genomic and transcriptomic analysis. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2018;51:655-658 pubmed publisher..aureus. In conclusion, the reduced growth rate and decreased virulence of MRSA SCV strains may be related to mutations in and downregulation of genes associated with metabolism and virulence, especially plsY, deoC, eap and sstD. ..
- Zhang W, Ding Y, Zhang C, Lu Q, Liu Z, Coughlan K, et al. Deletion of endothelial cell-specific liver kinase B1 increases angiogenesis and tumor growth via vascular endothelial growth factor. Oncogene. 2017;36:4277-4287 pubmed publisher..Endothelial LKB1 may regulate endothelial angiogenesis and tumor growth by modulating Sp1-mediated VEGF expression. ..
- Kuo J, Shih T, Lin J, Lai K, Lin M, Yang M, et al. Cantharidin induces DNA damage and inhibits DNA repair-associated protein expressions in TSGH8301 human bladder cancer cell. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:795-804 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that cantharidin-induced cell death may occur through the induction of DNA damage and suppression of DNA repair-associated protein expression in TSGH8301 cells. ..
- Chursa U, NuÃ±ez DurÃ¡n E, Cansby E, Amrutkar M, SÃ¼tt S, StÃ¥hlman M, et al. Overexpression of protein kinase STK25 in mice exacerbates ectopic lipid accumulation, mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. Diabetologia. 2017;60:553-567 pubmed publisher..STK25 emerges as a new regulator of the complex interplay between lipid storage, mitochondrial energetics and insulin action in skeletal muscle, highlighting the potential of STK25 antagonists for type 2 diabetes treatment. ..
- Tse A, Li J, Chan T, Wu R, Lai K. Hypoxia induces miR-210, leading to anti-apoptosis in ovarian follicular cells of marine medaka Oryzias melastigma. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;165:189-96 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights on how hypoxia induces miR-210, leading to anti-apoptosis in ovarian follicular cells in fish, which is fundamentally important in environmental sciences and reproductive biology. ..
- Kong X, Kuilman T, Shahrabi A, Boshuizen J, Kemper K, Song J, et al. Cancer drug addiction is relayed by an ERK2-dependent phenotype switch. Nature. 2017;550:270-274 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a pathway that underpins drug addiction in cancer cells, which may help to guide the use of alternating therapeutic strategies for enhanced clinical responses in drug-resistant cancers...
- Zhao J, Liu N, Hao X, Que L, Liu J, Tang X. Association between integrin-linked kinase and hyperthermia in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:7705-7714 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ILK silencing combined with hypothermia may serve as a novel combination therapy strategy against OSCC...
- Rotllan N, Chamorro Jorganes A, Araldi E, Wanschel A, Aryal B, Aranda J, et al. Hematopoietic Akt2 deficiency attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis. FASEB J. 2015;29:597-610 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide evidence that macrophage Akt2 regulates migration, the inflammatory response and cholesterol metabolism and suggest that targeting Akt2 in macrophages might be beneficial for treating atherosclerosis. ..
- Behnia S, Fathizadeh S. Modeling the electrical conduction in DNA nanowires: charge transfer and lattice fluctuation theories. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015;91:022719 pubmed..diagram reveals regions with a (quasi-)Ohmic property and other regions with negative differential resistance (NDR). NDR is a phenomenon that has been observed experimentally in DNA at room temperature...
- Mesubi O, Anderson M. Atrial remodelling in atrial fibrillation: CaMKII as a nodal proarrhythmic signal. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;109:542-57 pubmed publisher..This review considers current concepts and evidence from animal and human studies on the role of CaMKII in AF. ..
- Zhang B, Ma L, Wei J, Hu J, Zhao Z, Wang Y, et al. miR-137 Suppresses the Phosphorylation of AKT and Improves the Dexamethasone Sensitivity in Multiple Myeloma Cells Via Targeting MITF. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2016;16:807-817 pubmed..We conclude that MITF is a direct target of miR-137. The miR-137 can improve the dexamethasone sensitivity in multiple myeloma cells by reducing the c-MET expression and further decreasing the AKT phosphorylation via targeting MITF. ..
- Wang S, Shi X, Li H, Pang P, Pei L, Shen H, et al. DAPK1 Signaling Pathways in Stroke: from Mechanisms to Therapies. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:4716-4722 pubmed publisher..We hope to provide exhaustive summaries of relevant studies on DAPK1 signals involved in stroke damage. Therefore, disrupting DAPK1-relevant cell death pathway could be considered as a promising therapeutic approach in stroke. ..
- Chakraborty A, Prasanth S. Phosphorylation-dephosphorylation cycle of HP1? governs accurate mitotic progression. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:1663-70 pubmed publisher..In the absence of the hinge-specific HP1? phosphorylation, either as a consequence of depleting NDR1 or in cells expressing a non-phosphorylatable HP1? mutant, the cells arrest in prometaphase with several mitotic ..
- Du Y, Ge M, Xue W, Yang Q, Wang S, Xu Y, et al. Chronic Lead Exposure and Mixed Factors of GenderÃ—AgeÃ—Brain Regions Interactions on Dendrite Growth, Spine Maturity and NDR Kinase. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0138112 pubmed publisherb>NDR1/2 kinase is essential in dendrite morphology and spine formation, which is regulated by cellular Ca2+...
- Li K, Gao P, Xiang P, Zhang X, Cui X, Ma L. Molecular mechanisms of PFOA-induced toxicity in animals and humans: Implications for health risks. Environ Int. 2017;99:43-54 pubmed publisher..Both in vivo and in vitro studies are needed to better understand the PFOA-induced toxicity mechanisms as well as the associated health risk in humans. ..
- Kurischko C, Broach J. Phosphorylation and nuclear transit modulate the balance between normal function and terminal aggregation of the yeast RNA-binding protein Ssd1. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:3057-3069 pubmed publisher..of Ssd1 either with IPOD sites or with PB/SG requires the PLD, whose activity is differentially regulated by the Ndr/LATS family kinase, Cbk1: phosphorylation suppresses PB/SG association but enhances IPOD formation...
- Rotow J, Bivona T. Understanding and targeting resistance mechanisms in NSCLC. Nat Rev Cancer. 2017;17:637-658 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss how understanding these themes can inform therapeutic strategies, including combination therapy approaches, and overcome the challenge of tumour heterogeneity...
- Rubenstein M, Hollowell C, Guinan P. Suppression of BCL2 by Antisense Oligonucleotides and Compensation by Non-Targeted Genes May Enhance Tumor Proliferation. In Vivo. 2015;29:687-93 pubmed..This could be accomplished by dual monospecific targeting KI-67 and BCL2, or with a bispecific (or proposed multispecific) oligonucleotide simultaneously targeting both. ..
- Fayaz S, Rajanikant G. Ensembling and filtering: an effective and rapid in silico multitarget drug-design strategy to identify RIPK1 and RIPK3 inhibitors. J Mol Model. 2015;21:314 pubmed publisher..Graphical Abstract A generalized workflow employed in this study. Subsequent utilization of EPS and PEPSF might lead to reduced computational time and load. ..
- Materne P, Vazquez E, Sanchez M, Yague Sanz C, Anandhakumar J, Migeot V, et al. Histone H2B ubiquitylation represses gametogenesis by opposing RSC-dependent chromatin remodeling at the ste11 master regulator locus. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Upon induction, this process is reversed and efficient NDR (nucleosome depleted region) formation leads to high expression...
- Ichikawa Y, Morohashi N, Tomita N, Mitchell A, Kurumizaka H, Shimizu M. Sequence-directed nucleosome-depletion is sufficient to activate transcription from a yeast core promoter in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:57-62 pubmed publisher..However, it remains unclear whether NDR formation per se is essential for transcriptional activation...
- Stamsås G, Straume D, Salehian Z, Havarstein L. Evidence that pneumococcal WalK is regulated by StkP through protein-protein interaction. Microbiology. 2017;163:383-399 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support the latter, i.e. that the transmembrane segment senses signals that regulate the activity of WalK. ..
- Appunni S, Rajisha P, Rubens M, Chandana S, Singh H, Swarup V. Targeting PknB, an eukaryotic-like serine/threonine protein kinase of Mycobacterium tuberculosis with phytomolecules. Comput Biol Chem. 2017;67:200-204 pubmed publisher..These in silico analysis indicate that phytomolecules are capable to target PknB protein efficiently which is vital for mycobacterial survival and therefore can be excellent alternatives to conventional anti-tuberculosis drugs. ..
- Liao Y, Feng Y, Shen J, Gao Y, Cote G, Choy E, et al. Clinical and biological significance of PIM1 kinase in osteosarcoma. J Orthop Res. 2016;34:1185-94 pubmed publisher..2015 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 34:1185-1194, 2016. ..
- Wang J, Feng D, Li Z, Feng B, Zhang H, Zhang T, et al. Activation of the Mammalian Target of Rapamycin in the Rostral Ventromedial Medulla Contributes to the Maintenance of Nerve Injury-Induced Neuropathic Pain in Rat. Neural Plast. 2015;2015:394820 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provide strong evidence for the role of mTOR in the RVM in nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain, indicating a novel mechanism of mTOR inhibitor-induced analgesia. ..
- Hero C, Rawshani A, Svensson A, Franzen S, Eliasson B, Eeg Olofsson K, et al. Association Between Use of Lipid-Lowering Therapy and Cardiovascular Diseases and Death in Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2016;39:996-1003 pubmed publisher..We used the Swedish National Diabetes Register (NDR) to perform a propensity score-based study...
- Ma C, Lin W, Liu Z, Tang W, Gautam R, Li H, et al. NDR1 protein kinase promotes IL-17- and TNF-α-mediated inflammation by competitively binding TRAF3. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:586-602 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that nuclear Dbf2-related kinase 1 (NDR1) functions as a positive regulator of IL-17 signal transduction and IL-17-induced inflammation...
- Zhao C, Ma X, Guo H, Li P, Liu H. RIP2 deficiency attenuates cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation and fibrosis in pressure overload induced mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1151-1158 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicated that RIP2-deficience ameliorated cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation and fibrosis through modulating multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Rolf Pissarczyk S, Yan S, Malavolti L, Burgess J, McMurtrie G, Loth S. Dynamical Negative Differential Resistance in Antiferromagnetically Coupled Few-Atom Spin Chains. Phys Rev Lett. 2017;119:217201 pubmed publisherWe present the appearance of negative differential resistance (NDR) in spin-dependent electron transport through a few-atom spin chain...
- Cheng Y, Zhu Y, Xu J, Yang M, Chen P, Xu W, et al. PKN2 in colon cancer cells inhibits M2 phenotype polarization of tumor-associated macrophages via regulating DUSP6-Erk1/2 pathway. Mol Cancer. 2018;17:13 pubmed publisher..The expression of PKN2 in colon cancer cells suppresses tumor associated M2 macrophage polarization and tumor growth. Targeting PKN2 signaling pathway may provide a potential therapeutic strategy for colon cancer. ..
- Liu Z, Hettihewa M, Shu Y, Zhou C, Wan Q, Liu L. The mechanism of the adsorption of dsDNA on citrate-stabilized gold nanoparticles and a colorimetric and visual method for detecting the V600E point mutation of the BRAF gene. Mikrochim Acta. 2018;185:240 pubmed publisher..Graphical abstract Schematic of the salt-induced aggregation of uncapped gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) which leads to a color change from red to blue. If the AuNPs are coated with dsDNA, aggregation is suppressed. ..
- Xiao K, McClatchy D, Shukla A, Zhao Y, Chen M, Shenoy S, et al. Functional specialization of beta-arrestin interactions revealed by proteomic analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12011-6 pubmed..This study provides a comprehensive analysis of proteins that bind beta-arrestin isoforms and underscores their potentially broad regulatory roles in mammalian cellular physiology. ..
- Lee S, Han B, Cho J, Choi J, Lee J, Song H, et al. Crystal structure of pim1 kinase in complex with a pyrido[4,3-d]pyrimidine derivative suggests a unique binding mode. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70358 pubmed publisher..The binding mode analysis suggests that the SKI-O-068 inhibitor can be improved by introducing functional groups that facilitate direct interaction with Lys67, which aid in the design of an optimized inhibitor. ..
- Liu X, Thungrat K, Boothe D. Multilocus Sequence Typing and Virulence Profiles in Uropathogenic Escherichia coli Isolated from Cats in the United States. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143335 pubmed publisher..eight non-multidrug resistant (SDR) isolates, and ST83 were significantly more likely to exhibit no drug resistant (NDR) isolates carrying the highest number of virulence genes...
- Mayer S, Baechler S, Damet J, Elmiger R, Frei D, Giannini S, et al. OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE TO EXTERNAL RADIATION IN SWITZERLAND. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2016;170:433-6 pubmed publisher..exposure to external radiation of workers based on the data collected in the Swiss national dose registry (NDR) in 2013...
- Kakade V, Tao S, Rajagopal M, Zhou X, Li X, Yu A, et al. A cAMP and CREB-mediated feed-forward mechanism regulates GSK3β in polycystic kidney disease. J Mol Cell Biol. 2016;8:464-476 pubmed
- Yemets A, Fedorchuk V, Blume Y. [ENHANCEMENT OF AGROBACTERIAL TRANSFORMATION OF PLANTS USING PROTEIN KINASE INHIBITORS TRIFLUOPERAZINE AND GENISTEIN]. Tsitol Genet. 2016;50:3-11 pubmed..It was found 100 ?M genistein provoked the increase of the frequency of agrobacterial transformation of tobacco leaf disks on 12%. ..
- Yan J, Huang W, Zhao J, Fu H, Zhang G, Huang X, et al. The platelet-derived growth factor receptor/STAT3 signaling pathway regulates the phenotypic transition of corpus cavernosum smooth muscle in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172191 pubmed publisher..Through activation of the PDGFR/STAT3 signaling pathway, PDGF promoted the synthetic phenotype transition; thus, regulation of this pathway might contribute to ED therapy. ..
- Eftestøl E, Egner I, Lunde I, Ellefsen S, Andersen T, Sjåland C, et al. Increased hypertrophic response with increased mechanical load in skeletal muscles receiving identical activity patterns. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C616-C629 pubmed publisher..The transmembrane molecule syndecan-4 implied in overload hypertrophy in cardiac muscle was not load dependent, suggesting that mechanosignaling in skeletal muscle is different. ..
- Otero G, Pechlaner G, Liberman G, GÃ¼rcan E. The neoliberal diet and inequality in the United States. Soc Sci Med. 2015;142:47-55 pubmed publisher..We then introduce our Neoliberal Diet Risk Index (NDR), comprised of measures of food-import dependency, the Gini coefficient, rates of urbanization, female labor-force ..
- Imamura S, Kawase Y, Kobayashi I, Sone T, Era A, Miyagishima S, et al. Target of rapamycin (TOR) plays a critical role in triacylglycerol accumulation in microalgae. Plant Mol Biol. 2015;89:309-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the general involvement of TOR signaling in TAG accumulation in divergent microalgae. ..
- Fu G, Sivaprakasam P, Dale O, Manly S, Cutler S, Doerksen R. Pharmacophore Modeling, Ensemble Docking, Virtual Screening, and Biological Evaluation on Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3?. Mol Inform. 2014;33:610-26 pubmed publisher..The bioassay results showed that 15 out of the 24 hit compounds are indeed GSK-3? inhibitors, and among them, one compound exhibiting sub-micromolar inhibitory activity is a reasonable starting point for further optimization. ..
- Abe S, Nagai T, Masukawa M, Okumoto K, Homma Y, Fujiki Y, et al. Localization of Protein Kinase NDR2 to Peroxisomes and Its Role in Ciliogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4089-4098 pubmed publisherNuclear Dbf2-related (NDR) kinases, comprising NDR1 and NDR2, are serine/threonine kinases that play crucial roles in the control of cell proliferation, apoptosis, and morphogenesis...
- Bieri R, Scherr N, Ruf M, Dangy J, Gersbach P, Gehringer M, et al. The Macrolide Toxin Mycolactone Promotes Bim-Dependent Apoptosis in Buruli Ulcer through Inhibition of mTOR. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;12:1297-1307 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new coherent and comprehensive concept of BU pathogenesis. ..
- Ishikawa S, Hayashi S, Abe T, Igura M, Kuramata M, Tanikawa H, et al. Low-cesium rice: mutation in OsSOS2 reduces radiocesium in rice grains. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2432 pubmed publisher..Since the lcs1 plant had no significant negative effects on agronomic traits when grown in radiocesium-contaminated paddy fields, this mutant could be used directly in agriculture for reducing radiocesium in rice grains. ..
- Zogg A, Zurfluh K, Schmitt S, Nüesch Inderbinen M, Stephan R. Antimicrobial resistance, multilocus sequence types and virulence profiles of ESBL producing and non-ESBL producing uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolated from cats and dogs in Switzerland. Vet Microbiol. 2018;216:79-84 pubmed publisher..The most frequent ST in this study, ST410, harboured the lowest number of VF (0/0,3/0-2). VF scores were higher in NDR (4/3...
- Zhang S, Xie J, Xia Y, Yu S, Gu Z, Feng R, et al. LK6/Mnk2a is a new kinase of alpha synuclein phosphorylation mediating neurodegeneration. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12564 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish pivotal role of Lk6 and Mnk2a in unprecedented signalling networks, may lead to new therapies preventing α-synuclein inclusion formation and neurodegeneration. ..
- Xing P, Liao Z, Ren Z, Zhao J, Song F, Wang G, et al. Roles of low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 in tumors. Chin J Cancer. 2016;35:6 pubmed publisher..Only by understanding the mechanisms of these effects can we develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for cancers mediated by LRP1. ..
- Jiang Y, Li Q, Zhang Y, Gao Y, Jiang L, Chen Z. TIPE2 governs macrophage polarization via negative regulation of mTORC1. Mol Med Rep. 2018;17:952-960 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results define a key role for TIPE2 in macrophage polarization by impeding mTORC1 response. ..
- Bisikirska B, Adam S, Alvarez M, Rajbhandari P, Cox R, Lefebvre C, et al. STK38 is a critical upstream regulator of MYC's oncogenic activity in human B-cell lymphoma. Oncogene. 2013;32:5283-91 pubmed publisher..Specifically, following regulatory network analysis in human B-cells, we identify a novel role of the STK38 kinase as a regulator of MYC activity and a candidate target for abrogating tumorigenesis in MYC-addicted lymphoma...
- Amrutkar M, Chursa U, Kern M, Nuñez Durán E, Ståhlman M, Sütt S, et al. STK25 is a critical determinant in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. FASEB J. 2016;30:3628-3643 pubmed..Amrutkar, M., Chursa, U., Kern, M., Nuñez-Durán, E., Ståhlman, M., Sütt, S., Borén, J., Johansson, B. R., Marschall, H.-U., Blüher, M., Mahlapuu, M. STK25 is a critical determinant in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. ..
- Yi S, Li Y, Shi L, Zhang L. Novel Insights into Antiviral Gene Regulation of Red Swamp Crayfish, Procambarus clarkii, Infected with White Spot Syndrome Virus. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..clarkii individuals provide valuable insights regarding antiviral response mechanisms of decapoda species and may help to improve the selective breeding of P. clarkii WSSV-resistance. ..
- Hasan M, Yan N. Therapeutic potential of targeting TBK1 in autoimmune diseases and interferonopathies. Pharmacol Res. 2016;111:336-342 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent advance on the pharmacological inhibition of TBK1 and its potential for treating autoimmune diseases and interferonopathies. ..
- Bellini D, De Santis D, Caruso D, Rengo M, Ferrari R, Biondi T, et al. Bowel preparation in CT colonography: Is diet restriction necessary? A randomised trial (DIETSAN). Eur Radiol. 2018;28:382-389 pubmed publisher..bowel preparation and faecal tagging with (Diet-Restriction-Group [DR]) or without (No-Diet-Restriction-Group [NDR]) dietary restriction...
- Zaucker A, Nagorska A, Kumari P, Hecker N, Wang Y, Huang S, et al. Translational co-regulation of a ligand and inhibitor by a conserved RNA element. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018;46:104-119 pubmed publisher..we previously identified as a dorsal localization element (DLE) in the 3'UTR of zebrafish nodal-related1/squint (ndr1/sqt) ligand mRNA, is shared by the related ligand nodal-related2/cyclops (ndr2/cyc) and the nodal inhibitors, ..
- Steinman J, Epperly M, Hou W, Willis J, Wang H, Fisher R, et al. Improved Total-Body Irradiation Survival by Delivery of Two Radiation Mitigators that Target Distinct Cell Death Pathways. Radiat Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Sequential delivery of these two radiation mitigator drugs significantly increased survival compared to single drug administration...
- Enomoto A, Fukasawa T, Takamatsu N, Ito M, Morita A, Hosoi Y, et al. The HSP90 inhibitor 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin modulates radiosensitivity by downregulating serine/threonine kinase 38 via Sp1 inhibition. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3547-58 pubmed publisher..We previously demonstrated that oxidative stress activates serine/threonine kinase 38 (STK38), a member of the protein kinase A (PKA)/PKG/PKC-like family...
- Cook D, Hoa L, Gómez V, Gomez M, Hergovich A. Constitutively active NDR1-PIF kinase functions independent of MST1 and hMOB1 signalling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:1657-67 pubmed publisherThe human MST1/hMOB1/NDR1 tumour suppressor cascade regulates important cellular processes, such as centrosome duplication...
- Saputo S, Norman K, Murante T, Horton B, Diaz J, Didone L, et al. Complex Haploinsufficiency-Based Genetic Analysis of the NDR/Lats Kinase Cbk1 Provides Insight into Its Multiple Functions in Candida albicans. Genetics. 2016;203:1217-33 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that Rgd3 is a GAP for Cdc42 and show that its localization and phosphorylation are dependent on Cbk1. ..
- Li H, Yang D, Ning S, Xu Y, Yang F, Yin R, et al. Switching of the substrate specificity of protein tyrosine phosphatase N12 by cyclin-dependent kinase 2 phosphorylation orchestrating 2 oncogenic pathways. FASEB J. 2018;32:73-82 pubmed publisher..Qu, W., Guo, R., Song, C., Xiao, P., Zhou, C., Xu, Z., Sun, J.-P., Yu, X. Switching of the substrate specificity of protein tyrosine phosphatase N12 by cyclin-dependent kinase 2 phosphorylation orchestrating 2 oncogenic pathways. ..
- Catalogna G, Talarico C, Dattilo V, Gangemi V, Calabria F, D Antona L, et al. The SGK1 Kinase Inhibitor SI113 Sensitizes Theranostic Effects of the 64CuCl2 in Human Glioblastoma Multiforme Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:108-119 pubmed publisher..In the present paper we aim to characterize the combined effects of 64CuCl2 and SI113 on human GBM cell lines with variable p53 expression...
- Li Z, Liu J, Li J, Kong Y, Sandusky G, Rao X, et al. Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) overexpression enhances ionizing radiation-induced cancer formation in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17461-17472 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Plk1 overexpression may contribute to tumor formation by both inducing chromosomal instability and suppressing the DDR pathway. ..
- Kulaberoglu Y, Lin K, Holder M, Gai Z, Gomez M, Assefa Shifa B, et al. Stable MOB1 interaction with Hippo/MST is not essential for development and tissue growth control. Nat Commun. 2017;8:695 pubmed publisher..growth control, encompassing a core cassette consisting of the Hippo (MST1/2), Warts (LATS1/2), and Tricornered (NDR1/2) kinases together with MOB1 as an important signaling adaptor...