Genomes and Genes
sterol carrier protein 2
Gene Symbol: sterol carrier protein 2
Description: sterol carrier protein 2
Alias: NLTP, NSL-TP, SCP-2, SCP-CHI, SCP-X, SCPX, non-specific lipid-transfer protein, propanoyl-CoA C-acyltransferase, sterol carrier protein X
Products: sterol carrier protein 2
- Sakuno T, Watanabe Y. Phosphorylation of cohesin Rec11/SA3 by casein kinase 1 promotes homologous recombination by assembling the meiotic chromosome axis. Dev Cell. 2015;32:220-30 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a central mechanism of the cohesin-dependent assembly of the meiotic chromosome axis and recombination apparatus that acts independently of sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Ito S, Hirabayashi K, Moriishi K, Matsui Y, Moriya K, Koike K, et al. Novel sex-dependent differentially methylated regions are demethylated in adult male mouse livers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;462:332-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identified novel male-specific hypomethylated S-DMRs that contribute to chromatin decondensation in the liver. S-DMRs were tissue-specific and the hypomethylation is testosterone-dependent. ..
- Martin G, Atshaves B, Landrock K, Landrock D, Schroeder F, Kier A. Loss of L-FABP, SCP-2/SCP-x, or both induces hepatic lipid accumulation in female mice. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015;580:41-9 pubmed publisher..The DKO- and TKO-induced hepatic accumulation of cholesterol and long chain fatty acids shared significant phenotypic similarities with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). ..
- Rizzello C, Lavecchia A, Gramaglia V, Gobbetti M. Long-Term Fungal Inhibition by Pisum sativum Flour Hydrolysate during Storage of Wheat Flour Bread. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015;81:4195-206 pubmed publisher..Artificially inoculated slices of a bread containing the WSE did not show contamination by fungi until at least 21 days of storage and behaved like the bread prepared with calcium propionate (0.3%, wt/wt). ..
- Dai W, Wang Q, Zhao F, Liu J, Liu H. Understanding the regulatory mechanisms of milk production using integrative transcriptomic and proteomic analyses: improving inefficient utilization of crop by-products as forage in dairy industry. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:403 pubmed publisher..The present study provides insights into the effects of the varying quality of forages on mammary metabolisms, which can help the improvement of strategies in feeding dairy cows with CS-based diet. ..
- Landrock D, Milligan S, Martin G, McIntosh A, Landrock K, Schroeder F, et al. Effect of Fabp1/Scp-2/Scp-x Ablation on Whole Body and Hepatic Phenotype of Phytol-Fed Male Mice. Lipids. 2017;52:385-397 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the higher level of Fabp1 and Scp2/Scpx gene products in WT males was protective against deleterious effects of dietary phytol, but TKO significantly ..
- Mbekeani A, Stanley W, Kalel V, Dahan N, Zalckvar E, Sheiner L, et al. Functional Analyses of a Putative, Membrane-Bound, Peroxisomal Protein Import Mechanism from the Apicomplexan Protozoan Toxoplasma gondii. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that the Pex5?PTS1 interaction is functional in the coccidia and indicate that a nonconventional peroxisomal import mechanism may operate in the absence of Pex13 and Pex14. ..
- Sun Y, Rupprecht V, Zhou L, Dasgupta R, Seibt F, Beierlein M. mGluR1 and mGluR5 Synergistically Control Cholinergic Synaptic Transmission in the Thalamic Reticular Nucleus. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7886-96 pubmed publisher..Group I mGluR agonist DHPG [(S)-3,5-dihydroxyphenylglycine] evokes long-term potentiation of nicotinic EPSCs (mGluR-nLTP), dependent on increases in postsynaptic Ca(2+) concentration and the activation of phospholipase C...
- Brown P, Hwang K, Schlegel P, Morris P. Small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO)-1, SUMO-2/3 and SUMOylation are involved with centromeric heterochromatin of chromosomes 9 and 1 and proteins of the synaptonemal complex during meiosis in men. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:2850-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SUMO-1 may be involved in maintenance and/or protection of the autosomal SC. SUMO-2/3, though expressed similarly, may function separately and independently during pachytene in men. ..
- Landrock D, Atshaves B, McIntosh A, Landrock K, Schroeder F, Kier A. Acyl-CoA binding protein gene ablation induces pre-implantation embryonic lethality in mice. Lipids. 2010;45:567-80 pubmed publisher..The fact that ACBP is the first known intracellular lipid binding protein whose deletion results in embryonic lethality suggests its vital importance in mammals. ..
- Martin G, Landrock D, Landrock K, Howles P, Atshaves B, Kier A, et al. Relative contributions of L-FABP, SCP-2/SCP-x, or both to hepatic biliary phenotype of female mice. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015;588:25-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that L-FABP was more important in hepatic retention of bile acids, while SCP-2/SCP-x more broadly affected biliary bile acid and phospholipid levels. ..
- Bidlingmaier S, Ha K, Lee N, Su Y, Liu B. Proteome-wide Identification of Novel Ceramide-binding Proteins by Yeast Surface cDNA Display and Deep Sequencing. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:1232-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast surface cDNA display/deep sequencing approach is a rapid, comprehensive, and flexible method for the analysis of protein-ligand interactions, particularly for the study of non-protein ligands. ..
- Storey S, Huang H, McIntosh A, Martin G, Kier A, Schroeder F. Impact of Fabp1/Scp-2/Scp-x gene ablation (TKO) on hepatic phytol metabolism in mice. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:1153-1165 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that: 1) SCP-2 and FABP1 both facilitated phytol metabolism after its conversion to phytanic acid; and 2) SCP-2/SCP-x had a greater impact on hepatic phytol metabolism than FABP1. ..
- Klipsic D, Landrock D, Martin G, McIntosh A, Landrock K, Mackie J, et al. Impact of SCP-2/SCP-x gene ablation and dietary cholesterol on hepatic lipid accumulation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;309:G387-99 pubmed publisher..These alterations are significant findings, since they affect key processes in regulation of sterol metabolism. ..
- Liu Y, Shi D, Tian Y, Liu Y, Zhan Q, Xu J, et al. Eicosapentaenoic Acid-Enriched Phosphatidylcholine Attenuated Hepatic Steatosis Through Regulation of Cholesterol Metabolism in Rats with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Lipids. 2017;52:119-127 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism may involve stimulation of PPARÎ± and AMPK. ..
- Deeken R, Saupe S, Klinkenberg J, Riedel M, Leide J, Hedrich R, et al. The Nonspecific Lipid Transfer Protein AtLtpI-4 Is Involved in Suberin Formation of Arabidopsis thaliana Crown Galls. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:1911-1927 pubmed..In crown galls, which endogenously express AtLtpI-4, it is involved in suberin formation. ..
- Milligan S, Martin G, Landrock D, McIntosh A, Mackie J, Schroeder F, et al. Impact of dietary phytol on lipid metabolism in SCP2/SCPX/L-FABP null mice. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:291-304 pubmed publisher..suggest that liver fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) and sterol carrier protein-2/sterol carrier protein-x (SCP2/SCPx) gene products facilitate uptake and metabolism and detoxification of dietary-derived phytol in mammals...
- Qin W, Liang C, Guo X, Chu M, Pei J, Bao P, et al. PPARÎ± signal pathway gene expression is associated with fatty acid content in yak and cattle longissimus dorsi muscle. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:14469-78 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that these genes may participate in the regulation and control of intramuscular FA metabolism in yaks, so they could be used as candidate markers to improve yak meat quality. ..
- Ibeagha Awemu E, Li R, Ammah A, Dudemaine P, Bissonnette N, Benchaar C, et al. Transcriptome adaptation of the bovine mammary gland to diets rich in unsaturated fatty acids shows greater impact of linseed oil over safflower oil on gene expression and metabolic pathways. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:104 pubmed publisher
- Lu X, Yuan Z, Yan X, Lei F, Jiang J, Yu X, et al. Effects of Angelica dahurica on obesity and fatty liver in mice. Chin J Nat Med. 2016;14:641-652 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work represented a first investigation demonstrating that A. dahurica was able to regulate lipid metabolism and could be developed as a novel approach to fighting against fatty liver and obesity. ..
- Tousheh M, Darvishi F, Miroliaei M. A novel biological role for nsLTP2 from Oriza sativa: Potential incorporation with anticancer agents, nucleosides and their analogues. Comput Biol Chem. 2015;58:9-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings hold great promise for the future applications of nsLTPs in various aspects of pharmaceutical science and molecular biology. ..
- Milligan S, Martin G, Landrock D, McIntosh A, Mackie J, Schroeder F, et al. Ablating both Fabp1 and Scp2/Scpx (TKO) induces hepatic phospholipid and cholesterol accumulation in high fat-fed mice. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2018;1863:323-338 pubmed publisherAlthough singly ablating Fabp1 or Scp2/Scpx genes may exacerbate the impact of high fat diet (HFD) on whole body phenotype and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), concomitant upregulation of the non-ablated gene, preference for ad ..
- Nishioka Y, Yamaguchi M, Kawakami A, Munehiro M, Masuda S, Tomaru U, et al. Type II Natural Killer T Cells that Recognize Sterol Carrier Protein 2 Are Implicated in Vascular Inflammation in the Rat Model of Systemic Connective Tissue Diseases. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:176-186 pubmed publisher..Sequencing identified the rat cDNA introduced into 4D2 as sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2)...
- Mercatali L, Spadazzi C, Miserocchi G, Liverani C, De Vita A, Bongiovanni A, et al. The Effect of Everolimus in an In Vitro Model of Triple Negative Breast Cancer and Osteoclasts. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Our model may represent a valid platform for preclinical trials on bone-targeted drugs and for the study of the interplay of BC with bone stromal cells. ..
- Li N, Fan J, Papadopoulos V. Sterol Carrier Protein-2, a Nonspecific Lipid-Transfer Protein, in Intracellular Cholesterol Trafficking in Testicular Leydig Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149728 pubmed publisher..The Scp2 gene encodes the 58 kDa sterol carrier protein-x (SCPX) and 15 kDa pro-SCP2 proteins, both of which contain a 13 kDa SCP2 domain in their C-termini...
- McLaughlin J, Bin Umer M, Widiez T, Finn D, McCormick S, Tumer N. A Lipid Transfer Protein Increases the Glutathione Content and Enhances Arabidopsis Resistance to a Trichothecene Mycotoxin. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130204 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that trichothecenes cause ROS accumulation and overexpression of AtLTP4.4 protects against trichothecene-induced oxidative stress by increasing the glutathione-based antioxidant defense. ..
- Ruokun C, Yake X, Fengdong Y, Xinting W, Laijun S, Xianzhi L. Lentivirus-mediated silencing of HSDL2 suppresses cell proliferation in human gliomas. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:15065-15077 pubmed..Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-like 2 (HSDL2) is a protein containing sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) domain localized in peroxisomes, which indicated that HSDL2 might be a fatty acid regulatory ..
- Guo X, Zhang H, Zheng X, Zhou Q, Yang Y, Chen X, et al. Structural and functional characterization of a novel gene, Hc-daf-22, from the strongylid nematode Haemonchus contortus. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:422 pubmed publisher..A new gene Hc-daf-22 was identified which is the homologue of Ce-daf-22 and human SCPx. Genome walking and RACE were performed to obtain the whole cDNA and genomic sequence of this gene...
- Shirai K, Hagiwara N, Horigome T, Hirose Y, Kadono N, Hirai Y. Extracellularly Extruded Syntaxin-4 Binds to Laminin and Syndecan-1 to Regulate Mammary Epithelial Morphogenesis. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:686-698 pubmed publisher..Thus, temporal extracellular extrusion of syntaxin-4 emerged as a novel regulatory element for laminin-induced mammary epithelial cell behaviors. J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 686-698, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Kriska T, Pilat A, Schmitt J, Girotti A. Sterol carrier protein-2 (SCP-2) involvement in cholesterol hydroperoxide cytotoxicity as revealed by SCP-2 inhibitor effects. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:3174-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that cellular SCP-2 not only binds and translocates cholesterol but also cholesterol hydroperoxides, thus expanding their redox toxicity and signaling ranges under oxidative stress conditions. ..
- Wang J, Bie J, Ghosh S. Intracellular cholesterol transport proteins enhance hydrolysis of HDL-CEs and facilitate elimination of cholesterol into bile. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:1712-9 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we examined the hypothesis that intracellular cholesterol transport proteins [sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) and fatty acid binding protein-1 (FABP1)] not only facilitate CE hydrolase-mediated hydrolysis of ..
- Schalk J, Offenberg H, Peters E, Groot N, Hoovers J, Heyting C. Isolation and characterization of the human SCP2 cDNA and chromosomal localization of the gene. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:642-4 pubmed
- Vila A, Levchenko V, Korytowski W, Girotti A. Sterol carrier protein-2-facilitated intermembrane transfer of cholesterol- and phospholipid-derived hydroperoxides. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12592-605 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we postulate that SCP-2, by trafficking ChOOHs and PLOOHs in addition to parent lipids, might exacerbate cell injury under oxidative stress conditions. ..
- Huang H, Gallegos A, Zhou M, Ball J, Schroeder F. Role of the sterol carrier protein-2 N-terminal membrane binding domain in sterol transfer. Biochemistry. 2002;41:12149-62 pubmed
- Gallegos A, Atshaves B, Storey S, Starodub O, Petrescu A, Huang H, et al. Gene structure, intracellular localization, and functional roles of sterol carrier protein-2. Prog Lipid Res. 2001;40:498-563 pubmed
- Seedorf U, Brysch P, Engel T, Schrage K, Assmann G. Sterol carrier protein X is peroxisomal 3-oxoacyl coenzyme A thiolase with intrinsic sterol carrier and lipid transfer activity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:21277-83 pubmedb>Sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2; also called nonspecific lipid transfer protein) is a small basic sterol carrier and lipid transfer protein assumed to participate in the intracellular transport of sterols and certain other lipids...
- Burgardt N, Gianotti A, Ferreyra R, Ermácora M. A structural appraisal of sterol carrier protein 2. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:565-577 pubmed publisherb>Sterol Carrier Protein 2 (SCP2) has been associated with lipid binding and transfer activities...
- Ohba T, Holt J, Billheimer J, Strauss J. Human sterol carrier protein x/sterol carrier protein 2 gene has two promoters. Biochemistry. 1995;34:10660-8 pubmedThe human sterol carrier protein x (SCPx)/sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) gene gives rise to two mRNAs: a 2.8 kb mRNA encoding SCPx, a peroxisome-associated thiolase, and a 1...
- He Z, Yamamoto R, Furth E, Schantz L, Naylor S, George H, et al. cDNAs encoding members of a family of proteins related to human sterol carrier protein 2 and assignment of the gene to human chromosome 1 p21----pter. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:559-69 pubmedb>Sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) is believed to play a key role in intracellular lipid movement. Here we report the cloning and nucleotide sequences of cDNAs encoding SCP2-related proteins of 58.85 kD and 30...
- Szyperski T, Scheek S, Johansson J, Assmann G, Seedorf U, Wuthrich K. NMR determination of the secondary structure and the three-dimensional polypeptide backbone fold of the human sterol carrier protein 2. FEBS Lett. 1993;335:18-26 pubmed..to determine the secondary structure and the three-dimensional polypeptide backbone fold of the human sterol carrier protein 2 (hSCP2), which is a basic protein with 123 residues believed to participate in the intracellular ..
- Yanase T, Hara T, Sakai Y, Takayanagi R, Nawata H. Expression of sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) in human adrenocortical tissue. Eur J Endocrinol. 1996;134:501-7 pubmedb>Sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) has been implicated in adrenal steroidogenesis by in vitro studies...
- Stolowich N, Frolov A, Atshaves B, Murphy E, Jolly C, Billheimer J, et al. The sterol carrier protein-2 fatty acid binding site: an NMR, circular dichroic, and fluorescence spectroscopic determination. Biochemistry. 1997;36:1719-29 pubmed..The pH-induced changes in SCP-2 secondary structure and ligand binding activity may be important to the mechanism whereby this protein interacts with membrane surfaces to enhance lipid binding/transfer. ..
- Huang H, Ball J, Billheimer J, Schroeder F. Interaction of the N-terminus of sterol carrier protein 2 with membranes: role of membrane curvature. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 2:593-603 pubmedAlthough neither the physiological function nor the mechanism of action of sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP(2)) is yet completely clear, it is thought that SCP(2) interacts with membranes to elicit its biological effects...
- Atshaves B, Gallegos A, McIntosh A, Kier A, Schroeder F. Sterol carrier protein-2 selectively alters lipid composition and cholesterol dynamics of caveolae/lipid raft vs nonraft domains in L-cell fibroblast plasma membranes. Biochemistry. 2003;42:14583-98 pubmed
- Zhou M, Parr R, Petrescu A, Payne H, Atshaves B, Kier A, et al. Sterol carrier protein-2 directly interacts with caveolin-1 in vitro and in vivo. Biochemistry. 2004;43:7288-306 pubmed
- Seedorf U, Scheek S, Engel T, Steif C, Hinz H, Assmann G. Structure-activity studies of human sterol carrier protein 2. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:2613-8 pubmedRecombinant human sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) variants were generated by site-directed mutagenesis and expression in Escherichia coli...
- Yamamoto R. [Localization of human sterol carrier protein 2 gene and cDNA expression in COS-7 cell]. Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi. 1992;67:839-48 pubmedb>Sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) is known to be an important polypeptide in intracellular sterol and lipid movement...
- Schroeder F, Butko P, Nemecz G, Scallen T. Interaction of fluorescent delta 5,7,9(11),22-ergostatetraen-3 beta-ol with sterol carrier protein-2. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:151-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate the utility of dehydroergosterol to probe SCP-2 interactions with sterols and are indicative of a physiological role for SCP-2 as a soluble sterol carrier. ..
- McIntosh A, Storey S, Huang H, Kier A, Schroeder F. Sex-dependent impact of Scp-2/Scp-x gene ablation on hepatic phytol metabolism. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;635:17-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, the loss of Scp-2/Scp-x contributed to a sex-dependent hepatic accumulation of dietary phytol and BCFA. ..
- Mercatali L, La Manna F, Miserocchi G, Liverani C, De Vita A, Spadazzi C, et al. Tumor-Stroma Crosstalk in Bone Tissue: The Osteoclastogenic Potential of a Breast Cancer Cell Line in a Co-Culture System and the Role of EGFR Inhibition. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We found that blocking EGFR signaling could be an efficacious strategy for breaking the interactions between cancer and bone cells in order to inhibit bone metastasis. ..
- Ferdinandusse S, Denis S, Mooijer P, Zhang Z, Reddy J, Spector A, et al. Identification of the peroxisomal beta-oxidation enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of docosahexaenoic acid. J Lipid Res. 2001;42:1987-95 pubmed..and rhizomelic chondrodysplasia punctata type 1, and of fibroblasts from l-bifunctional protein and sterol carrier protein X (SCPx) knockout mice, show that the main enzymes involved in beta-oxidation of C24:6n-3 to C22:6n-3 are ..
- Schroeder F, Zhou M, Swaggerty C, Atshaves B, Petrescu A, Storey S, et al. Sterol carrier protein-2 functions in phosphatidylinositol transfer and signaling. Biochemistry. 2003;42:3189-202 pubmed..Taken together, these data show for the first time that SCP-2 plays a hitherto unrecognized role in intracellular phosphatidylinositol transfer, distribution, and signaling. ..
- Galiani S, Waithe D, Reglinski K, Cruz Zaragoza L, Garcia E, Clausen M, et al. Super-resolution Microscopy Reveals Compartmentalization of Peroxisomal Membrane Proteins. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16948-62 pubmed publisher..Moreover, imported protein sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2) occupies only a subregion of larger peroxisomes, highlighting the heterogeneous distribution of ..
- Martin G, Hostetler H, McIntosh A, Tichy S, Williams B, Russell D, et al. Structure and function of the sterol carrier protein-2 N-terminal presequence. Biochemistry. 2008;47:5915-34 pubmed publisher..These data indicate the importance of the N-terminal presequence in regulating SCP-2 structure, cholesterol localization within the ligand binding site, membrane association, and, potentially, intracellular targeting. ..
- McIntosh A, Atshaves B, Gallegos A, Storey S, Reibenspies J, Kier A, et al. Structure of dehydroergosterol monohydrate and interaction with sterol carrier protein-2. Lipids. 2008;43:1165-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study provides real-time measurements of the effect of increased SCP-2 levels on the rate of disappearance of dehydroergosterol microcrystals in living cells. ..
- Shiozawa K, Konarev P, Neufeld C, Wilmanns M, Svergun D. Solution structure of human Pex5.Pex14.PTS1 protein complexes obtained by small angle X-ray scattering. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25334-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the extended structure of Pex5p may play a role in interactions with other substrates such as lipids and membrane proteins during the formation of functional multiprotein complexes. ..
- Huang H, Ball J, Billheimer J, Schroeder F. The sterol carrier protein-2 amino terminus: a membrane interaction domain. Biochemistry. 1999;38:13231-43 pubmed..These data were consistent with the N-terminus of SCP2 providing a membrane interaction domain that preferentially bound to membranes rich in anionic phospholipid and cholesterol. ..
- Woodford J, Colles S, Myers Payne S, Billheimer J, Schroeder F. Sterol carrier protein-2 stimulates intermembrane sterol transfer by direct membrane interaction. Chem Phys Lipids. 1995;76:73-84 pubmed..In conclusion, the data are consistent with SCP-2 stimulating intermembrane sterol transfer by direct interaction with sterol in the membrane and enhancing its desorption from the membrane. ..
- Yamamoto R, Kallen C, Babalola G, Rennert H, Billheimer J, Strauss J. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding human sterol carrier protein 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:463-7 pubmedWe report the cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding human sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2). The 1...
- Jatzke C, Hinz H, Seedorf U, Assmann G. Stability and binding properties of wild-type and c17s mutated human sterol carrier protein 2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1432:265-74 pubmed..The parameters for the c71s mutant at 25 degrees C are K(d)=413 microM and DeltaH(b)=16.6 kJ/mol. These results suggest that both SCP2 wild-type and the c71s mutant bind the hydrophobic compound with moderate affinity. ..
- Seedorf U, Ellinghaus P, Roch Nofer J. Sterol carrier protein-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1486:45-54 pubmed..gene targeting in mice showed, however, that mice lacking SCP2 and the related putative sterol carrier known as SCPx, develop a defect in peroxisomal beta-oxidation...
- Ohba T, Rennert H, Pfeifer S, He Z, Yamamoto R, Holt J, et al. The structure of the human sterol carrier protein X/sterol carrier protein 2 gene (SCP2). Genomics. 1994;24:370-4 pubmed..The gene encoding SCPx also codes for a 15.3-kDa protein called sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2)...
- Ferdinandusse S, Denis S, van Berkel E, Dacremont G, Wanders R. Peroxisomal fatty acid oxidation disorders and 58 kDa sterol carrier protein X (SCPx). Activity measurements in liver and fibroblasts using a newly developed method. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:336-42 pubmedb>Sterol carrier protein X (SCPx) plays a crucial role in the peroxisomal oxidation of branched-chain fatty acids...
- Vesa J, Hellsten E, Barnoski B, Emanuel B, Billheimer J, Mead S, et al. Assignment of sterol carrier protein X/sterol carrier protein 2 to 1p32 and its exclusion as the causative gene for infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:341-6 pubmed..We report here the refined chromosomal assignment of SCPx/SCP2, a gene coding for the protein that is believed to have an important role in lipid metabolism by transporting ..
- Dansen T, Kops G, Denis S, Jelluma N, Wanders R, Bos J, et al. Regulation of sterol carrier protein gene expression by the forkhead transcription factor FOXO3a. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:81-8 pubmedThe SCP gene encodes two proteins, sterol carrier protein X (SCPx) and SCP2, that are independently regulated by separate promoters...
- Kimura H, Fujii H, Suzuki S, Ono T, Arakawa M, Gejyo F. Lipid-binding proteins in rat and human kidney. Kidney Int Suppl. 1999;71:S159-62 pubmed..been well characterized, including fatty acid-binding proteins (FABPs), acyl-CoA binding protein (ACBP), sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP2), cellular retinol binding protein (CRBP), and phosphatidylinositol transfer protein (PITP)...
- Williams C, Schueller N, Thompson C, van den Berg M, van Haren S, Erdmann R, et al. The Peroxisomal Targeting Signal 1 in sterol carrier protein 2 is autonomous and essential for receptor recognition. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:12 pubmed publisher..Pex5p in complex with a cargo protein is that of the C-terminal cargo-binding domain of the receptor with sterol carrier protein 2, a small, model peroxisomal protein...
- Liedhegner E, Vogt C, Sem D, Cunningham C, Hillard C. Sterol carrier protein-2: binding protein for endocannabinoids. Mol Neurobiol. 2014;50:149-58 pubmed publisher..Using in silico docking studies, we have identified the nonspecific lipid binding protein, sterol carrier protein 2 (SCP-2), as a potential AEA binding protein...
- Baker M, Billheimer J, Strauss J. Similarity between the amino-terminal portion of mammalian 58-kD sterol carrier protein (SCPx) and Escherichia coli acetyl-CoA acyltransferase: evidence for a gene fusion in SCPx. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:695-8 pubmed..coli enzyme are 8.25 and 8.8 SD, respectively. The catalytically active cysteine of E. coli acetyl-CoA acyltransferase (cysteine 91) aligns with cysteine 93 and cysteine 94 on human and rat 58-kD sterol carrier protein, respectively. ..
- Heikoop J, Ossendorp B, Wanders R, Wirtz K, Tager J. Subcellular localisation and processing of non-specific lipid transfer protein are not aberrant in Rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata fibroblasts. FEBS Lett. 1992;299:201-4 pubmed..Thus the component of the import machinery defective in RCDP is not required for the import of nsLTP into peroxisomes. ..
- Garcia F, Szyperski T, Dyer J, Choinowski T, Seedorf U, Hauser H, et al. NMR structure of the sterol carrier protein-2: implications for the biological role. J Mol Biol. 2000;295:595-603 pubmed
- Wan W, Huang H, Lv J, Han R, Zhang S. Uptake, Translocation, and Biotransformation of Organophosphorus Esters in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Environ Sci Technol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This study provides both experimental and theoretical evidence for the uptake, accumulation and biotransformation of OPEs in plants...
- Wanders R, Waterham H. Biochemistry of mammalian peroxisomes revisited. Annu Rev Biochem. 2006;75:295-332 pubmed