Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: statherin
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Studies on the dynamics of transmission of onchocerciasis in a Sudan-savanna area of North Cameroon III. Infection rates of the Simulium vectors and Onchocerca volvulus transmission potentialsA Renz
Institute of Tropical Medicine,
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:239-52. 1987Populations of Simulium damnosum s.str. and S...
- Latex particle agglutination tests as an adjunct to the diagnosis of bacterial meningitis: a study from MalawiL E Cuevas
Department of Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health, Liverpool
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 83:375-9. 1989..The sensitivity and specificity of the tests (Str. pneumoniae, 88% and 100%, H. influenzae b, 87% and 96%; N. meningitidis A,C,Y,W 135, 100% and 100%; and N...
- Seminal plasma zinc levels and sperm motion characteristics in infertile samplesY C Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 23:260-6. 2000..amplitude of lateral head displacement (ALH, microns), beat/cross frequency (BCF, beats/s), straightness (STR), and linearity (LIN)...
- Strychnine-induced potassium current in CA1 pyramidal neurones of the rat hippocampusS Ebihara
Department of Neurophysiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 106:823-7. 19921. Direct actions of strychnine (Str) and brucine (Bru) on the dissociated hippocampal CA1 neurones of the rat have been investigated with the whole-cell mode of the patch-clamp technique. 2...
- Genetic epidemiological studies of eastern Adriatic Island isolates, Croatia: objective and strategiesI Rudan
Department of Medical Statistics, Epidemiology and Medical Informatics, School of Public Health Andrija Stampar, University Medical School, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:531-46. 1999..approaches, the analyses of serogenetic polymorphisms and most recent studies using HLA class II, VNTR and STR DNA polymorphisms, are briefly presented...
- Recurrent sarcoidosis in lung transplant allografts: granulomas are of recipient originDiana N Ionescu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 14:140-5. 2005..The origin of the histiocytes composing the noncaseating granulomas in the allograft lung in patients with recurrent sarcoidosis (RS) was analyzed using DNA identity testing in 4 cases...
- Spontaneous changes of systolic blood pressure as predictors of future fatal events. Italian Research Group of the Seven Countries StudyA Menotti
Laboratory of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Am J Hypertens 3:549-54. 1990..68 for coronary heart disease deaths (CHD) and 1.19 for stroke deaths (STR). These relative risks are all statistically significant except for strokes...
- [Little known activity of the Czestochowa typhus Institute in 1943 and 1944]P Aramowicz
Katedra Historii Medycyny i Farmacji, Wierzbowa
Arch Hist Filoz Med 59:85-90. 1996..In November and December 1943 the plant was moved to Czestochowa into a main building in Wilsona str. and two four storey others in JasnogÃ³rska str. Its head became a German doctor Mozer (witness test)...
- Studies on the dynamics of transmission of onchocerciasis in a Sudan-savanna area of North Cameroon I. Prevailing Simulium vectors, their biting rates and age-composition at different distances from their breeding sitesA Renz
Institute of Tropical Medicine,
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:215-28. 1987..b>str. and S. sirbanum, together with a small proportion of S. squamosum...
- [Infectious endocarditis caused by Streptococcus bovis and alcoholic cirrhosis complicated by hepatoma]A Grand
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier de Valence
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1203-6. 1987..On this occasion, comments are made on the following points: -Str. bovis is increasingly responsible for bacterial endocarditis...
- During toilet training, constipation occurs before stool toileting refusalNathan J Blum
Division of Child Development and Rehabilitation, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 113:e520-2. 2004Previous studies demonstrated that constipation and painful defecation are associated with stool toileting refusal (STR), but whether they are the result of STR or occur before this behavior is not known.
- Induction of actinorhodin production by rpsL (encoding ribosomal protein S12) mutations that confer streptomycin resistance in Streptomyces lividans and Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)J Shima
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Bacteriol 178:7276-84. 1996..Genetic analyses revealed that a streptomycin-resistant mutation str-6 in strain TK24 is responsible for induction of antibiotic synthesis...
- Quantitative analysis of chimerism after allogeneic stem cell transplantation by real-time polymerase chain reaction with single nucleotide polymorphisms, standard tandem repeats, and Y-chromosome-specific sequencesMichael Koldehoff
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
Am J Hematol 81:735-46. 2006We compared the results of chimerism analyses with real-time SNP-PCR to those obtained by the classical STR-PCR method in 135 hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients...
- Biosynthesis of sulfur-containing amino acids in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230: roles for cystathionine beta-synthase and transsulfurationZ Chang
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Microbiology 148:2135-47. 2002..Probing an Str. venezuelae genomic library with the PCR product located a hybridizing colony from which pJV207 was isolated...
- Comparison of slab gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis for the detection of the fluorescently labeled polymerase chain reaction products of short tandem repeat fragmentsD L Deforce
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Ghent, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 806:149-55. 1998The sizing capability of slab gel electrophoresis for short tandem repeat (STR) fragments was compared to the sizing capability of capillary electrophoresis (CE)...
- Neisseria meningitidis expressing transferrin binding proteins of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae can utilize porcine transferrin for growthD J Litt
Institute of Infections and Immunity, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 68:550-7. 2000..bind human or porcine transferrin because of loss of both transferrin binding proteins (Tbp) A and B [strain B16B6(Str(r))/tbpA(-)B(-)] and (ii) an ability to bind porcine transferrin but not human transferrin [strain B16B6(Str(r))/..
- 284 in vitro function of frozen-thawed bottlenose dolphin (tursiops truncatus) sperm undergoing sorting and recryopreservationG A Montano
SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Reproductive Research Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:240. 2011..vitro quality of nonsorted (CNTR) and sorted (FSF) dolphin sperm before and after recryopreservation using straw (STR) and directional freezing (DF) methods...
- Stimulation of either cholecystokinin receptor subtype reduces while antagonists potentiate or sensitize a morphine-induced excitatory responseL F Felicio
Departamento de Patologia, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil 05508 970
Peptides 22:1299-304. 2001..e. the display of Straub tail reaction in mice (STR). A total of 570 female Balb/C mice were tested. Experiment 1 was undertaken to determine whether i.p...
- Large variability in synaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor density on interneurons and a comparison with pyramidal-cell spines in the rat hippocampusG Nyiri
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, PO Box 37, H 1450, Hungary
Neuroscience 119:347-63. 2003..Four populations of synapse were examined: i). on spines of pyramidal cells in stratum (str.) radiatum and str. oriens; ii). on parvalbumin-positive interneuronal dendritic shafts in str. radiatum; iii)...
- [Application of chimerism analysis to allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation by STR-PCR]Jing Fen Sun
Department of Hematology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:337-41. 2007..the outcome of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (allo-HSCT) by multiple short tandem repeat (STR) amplification using fluorescence labeling polymerase chain reaction (PCR) combined with capillary electrophoresis...
- [A study of forensic DNA databases]Dahong Sun
School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 19:340-6. 2002..Also, constructing a testing DNA database can increase our understanding of the issue for forensic DNA databases...
- Short tandem repeat (STR) haplotypes in HLA: an integrated 50-kb STR/linkage disequilibrium/gene map between the RING3 and HLA-B genes and identification of STR haplotype diversification in the class III regionI Vorechovsky
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 9:590-8. 2001We present a dense STR/linkage disequilibrium(LD)/gene map between the RING3 and HLA-B loci, reference allelic sizes on the most prevalent HLA haplotypes and their allelic frequencies in pedigree founders...
- Region-specific alterations in the concentrations of catecholamines and indoleamines in the brains of young and old F344 rats after L-deprenyl treatmentS Thyagarajan
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester, School of Medicine, NY, USA
Brain Res Bull 48:513-20. 1999..and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in medial basal hypothalamus (MBH), substantia nigra (SN), striatum (Str), and nucleus accumbens (NAc) of young (3 month) and old (21 month) male F344 rats were examined after a 7-day wash-..
- Molecular characterization of the Japanese encephalitis serocomplex of the flavivirus genusM Poidinger
Department of Microbiology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Virology 218:417-21. 1996..which: Alfuy (ALF); Koutango (KOU); Kokobera (KOK); Kunjin (KUN); Murray Valley encephalitis (MVE); JE; Stratford (STR); Usutu (USU); and West Nile (WN) have been isolated from Africa, southern Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia...
- Stoichiometry of tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation in the nigrostriatal and mesolimbic systems in vivo: effects of acute haloperidol and related compoundsM F Salvatore
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Neurochem 75:225-32. 2000..The striatum (Str), substantia nigra (SN), nucleus accumbens (NAc), and ventral tegmental area (VTA) from Sprague-Dawley rats were ..
- Effects of over-expression of strictosidine synthase and tryptophan decarboxylase on alkaloid production by cell cultures of Catharanthus roseusC Canel
Division of Pharmacognosy, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Planta 205:414-9. 1998..G. Don were genetically engineered to over-express the enzymes strictosidine synthase (STR; EC 184.108.40.206) and tryptophan decarboxylase (TDC; EC 4.1.1...
- DNA-PCR system FGA (FIBRA)--genotype and allele frequencies in a sample of western Germany (DÃ¼sseldorf region)W Huckenbeck
Institute for Forensic Medicine, , Germany
Coll Antropol 23:571-6. 1999Frequency data for the STR system FGA (HumFibra) were obtained from a Caucasoid German population sample (DÃ¼sseldorf area) of 424 unrelated individuals...
- Stimulus-specific long-term habituation of visually guided orienting behavior toward prey in toads: a 14C-2DG studyT Finkenstädt
Abteilung für Neuroethologie, Universitat Kassel, Federal Republic of Germany
J Comp Physiol A 163:1-11. 1988..tectum (vOT), a portion of the tegmental reticular formation (RET), the ventral cerebellum (vCB), and the striatum (STR)...
- [The genetic polymorphisms of nine Y-STR loci with short fragment size alleles in southern Chinese Han population and its application in forensic science]Zhi Hui Deng
Shenzhen Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518035, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 23:470-4. 2006To study the genetic polymorphisms of 9 Y-chromosome specific STR loci that the allele size is less than 180 bp in length in the southern Chinese Han population, and to utilize the studied result to forensic science.
- Short and long term axotomy-induced ERG changes in albino and pigmented ratsLuis Alarcón-Martínez
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Mol Vis 15:2373-83. 2009..To investigate the different components of full-field flash electroretinogram (ERG) responses in adult albino and pigmented rats at various time intervals following optic nerve transection (ONT)...
- Functional and morphological effects of laser-induced ocular hypertension in retinas of adult albino Swiss miceManuel Salinas-Navarro
Department of Ophthalmology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Vis 15:2578-98. 2009..To investigate the effects of laser photocoagulation (LP)-induced ocular hypertension (OHT) on the survival and retrograde axonal transport of retinal ganglion cells (RGC), as well as on the function of retinal layers...
- Coordinate expression of matrix metalloproteinase family members in the uterus of normal, matrilysin-deficient, and stromelysin-1-deficient miceL A Rudolph-Owen
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Endocrinology 138:4902-11. 1997..MMPs during uterine functions was determined using mice deficient in either matrilysin (MAT) or stromelysin-1 (STR-1)...
- Short tandem repeats in human exons: a target for disease mutationsBo Eskerod Madsen
Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Genomics 9:410. 2008..In particular, we test whether they share the hypermutability of the longer tandem repeats and whether disease-related genes have a higher STR content than non-disease-related genes.
- Two Medicago truncatula half-ABC transporters are essential for arbuscule development in arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosisQuan Zhang
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Cell 22:1483-97. 2010..Here, we report a Medicago truncatula mutant, stunted arbuscule (str), in which arbuscule development is impaired and AM symbiosis fails...
- Number, origins, and chemical types of rat pallidostriatal projection neuronsH Kita
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The University of Tennessee Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Comp Neurol 437:438-48. 2001The dorsal globus pallidus (GP) receives major inputs from the dorsal neostriatum (Str), the subthalamic nucleus (STN) and the dorsal thalamus. The GP projects to multiple basal ganglia nuclei. One of the GP projection sites is the Str...
- High resolution definition of HLA-DRB haplotypes by a simplified microsatellite typing techniqueG G M Doxiadis
Department of Comparative Genetics and Refinement, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Tissue Antigens 74:486-93. 2009..This DRB-STR is highly polymorphic in composition and length...
- [Clinical study of standardized tertiary rehabilitation program in promoting upper and lower limbs motor function in stroke patients]Yong Shan Hu
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Huashan Hospital and Rehabilitation, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 200040 Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2358-60. 2007To investigate the effect of standardized tertiary rehabilitation (STR) on the upper and lower limbs' motor function in the patients with cerebral stroke accompanied by hemiplegia.
- Mutagenesis of Klebsiella aerogenes UreG to probe nickel binding and interactions with other urease-related proteinsJodi L Boer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Biochemistry 49:5859-69. 2010..Herein, a Strep-tagged Klebsiella aerogenes UreG (UreG(Str)) and selected site-directed variants of UreG(Str) were constructed for studying the in vivo effects on urease ..
- Coadministration of intrathecal strychnine and bicuculline effects synergistic allodynia in the rat: an isobolographic analysisC W Loomis
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:756-61. 2001..t.) strychnine (STR) or bicuculline (BIC), respectively...
- The interaction of carbachol and strophantin on the electrical and mechanical events in electrically driven strips of guinea pig left atriaC Kucukhuseyin
Department of Pharmacology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa Istanbul, Turkey
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 13:289-310. 2002..and the mechanical actions of the cholinergic agonist carbachol (CARB) and the digitalis glycoside strophantin (STR) in a study on the electrically driven strips of guinea pig left atria...
- Geostatistical inference of main Y-STR-haplotype groups in EuropeAmalia Diaz-Lacava
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Forensic Sci Int Genet 5:91-4. 2011..We analyzed Y-chromosomal haplotypes composed of 7 highly polymorphic STR loci, genotyped for 33,010 samples, collected at 249 sites in Europe, Western Asia and North Africa, deposited in ..
- Development of a novel method based on liquid chromatography-evaporative light scattering detection for the direct determination of streptomycin and dihydrostreptomycin in raw materials, pharmaceutical formulations, culture media and plasmaArtemis K Sarri
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Athens 15771, Greece
J Chromatogr A 1122:275-8. 2006A novel method for the non-derivatization liquid chromatographic determination of streptomycin (STR) and dihydrostreptomycin (DHSTR) was developed and validated based on evaporative light scattering detection (ELSD)...
- Short tandem repeat polymorphism and cancer risk: influence of laboratory analysis on epidemiologic findingsNguyet Tran
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208034 New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2133-40. 2004Short tandem repeats (STR) are common polymorphisms in the genome. The length of STR may influence gene transcription, exhibiting diverse phenotypes...
- A comparative transcription map of the murine bare patches (Bpa) and striated (Str) critical regions and human Xq28M L Levin
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 6:465-77. 1996The X-linked developmental mouse mutations bare patches (Bpa) and striated (Str) may be homologous to human X-linked dominant chondrodysplasia punctata (CDPX2) and incontinentia pigmenti (IP2), respectively, based on their genetic ..
- Independent association of extent of resection with survival in patients with malignant brain astrocytomaMatthew J McGirt
Department of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg 110:156-62. 2009..In this study, the authors investigate this issue after primary and revision resection of these lesions...
- Extent of ST-segment deviation in the single ECG lead of maximum deviation present 90 or 180 minutes after start of thrombolytic therapy best predicts outcome in acute myocardial infarctionK Schroder
Reha Klinik Ahrenshoop, Germany
Z Kardiol 90:557-67. 2001..In recent years, the sum of ST segment elevation resolution (sum STR) has been proven to be an excellent early prognostic indicator...
- Development of a quality, high throughput DNA analysis procedure for skeletal samples to assist with the identification of victims from the World Trade Center attacksMitchell M Holland
The Bode Technology Group, 7364 Steel Mill Drive, Springfield, VA 22150, USA
Croat Med J 44:264-72. 2003..Group (Bode) in this process was to develop a quality, high throughput DNA extraction and short tandem repeat (STR) analysis procedure for skeletal elements, and to provide STR profiles to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (..
- AmpFlSTR Profiler Plus and AmpFlSTR COfiler analysis of tissues stored in GenoFix, a new tissue preservation solution for mass disaster DNA identificationC J Frégeau
Royal Canadian Mounted Police, National DNA Data Bank, Ottawa, ON
J Forensic Sci 46:1180-90. 2001..biopsy tissues stored at room temperature and/or -20 degrees C in a freezer, for subsequent short tandem repeat (STR) DNA typing analysis...
- Y-chromosomal microsatellite mutation rates: differences in mutation rate between and within lociB Myhre Dupuy
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Hum Mutat 23:117-24. 2004Precise estimates of mutation rates at Y-chromosomal microsatellite STR (short tandem repeat) loci make an important basis for paternity diagnostics and dating of Y chromosome lineage origins...
- [Chromosome STR genetic markers in paternity identification]Jing Li
Department of Forensic Medicine, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:432-4. 2004To explore the application of paternity identification by chromosome STR genetic markers (short tandem repeat).
- [Development of multiplex short tandem repeat (STR)-PCR for chimerism analysis in patients with hematological malignancies and comparison of chimerism in different sample sources]Chiaki Taira
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Shinshu University Hospital, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Rinsho Byori 59:24-30. 2011Polymerase chain reaction analysis of short-tandem repeat (STR) markers (STR-PCR) has been used for chimerism testing to assess engraftment following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Mutations in the rpsL gene are involved in streptomycin resistance in Campylobacter coliSatu Olkkola
Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Microb Drug Resist 16:105-10. 2010To characterize the mechanisms of streptomycin (STR) resistance in Campylobacter coli, we chose 17 isolates that were resistant to STR, erythromycin (ERY), or both, and the putative STR resistance target genes rpsL, rrs, and gidB were ..
- Glycine-activated chloride currents of neurons freshly isolated from the ventral tegmental area of ratsJ H Ye
Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School UMDNJ, Newark 07103 2714, USA
Brain Res 796:53-62. 1998..Strychnine (STR), when co-applied with glycine after a prepulse of STR, suppressed both the peak and SS IGly noncompetitively...
- Identification of skeletal remains of Communist Armed Forces victims during and after World War II: combined Y-chromosome (STR) and MiniSTR approachDamir Marjanovic
1Institute for Genetic Engineeringand Biotechnology, Gajev trg 4, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croat Med J 50:296-304. 2009To report on the use of STR, Y-STRs, and miniSTRs typing methods in the identification of victims of revolutionary violence and crimes against humanity committed by the Communist Armed Forces during and after World War II in which bodies ..
- Twelve short tandem repeat loci Y chromosome haplotypes: genetic analysis on populations residing in North AmericaBruce Budowle
Federal Bureau of 2501 Investigation Parkway, Investigation, Quantico, VA 22135, USA
Forensic Sci Int 150:1-15. 2005A total of 2443 male individuals, previously typed for the 13 CODIS STR loci, distributed across the five North American population groups African American, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, and Native American were typed for the Y-STR loci ..
- Functional characterization of GABAergic pallidopallidal and striatopallidal synapses in the rat globus pallidus in vitroRobert E Sims
Biomedical Sciences, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Eur J Neurosci 28:2401-8. 2008..glutamatergic inputs from the subthalamic nucleus, GP neurons receive GABAergic inhibitory input from the striatum (Str-GP) and from local collaterals of neighbouring pallidal neurons (GP-GP)...
- [Comparison study of the HUMFGA and HTPO STR system in the Saxon and Czech population]E Muller
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der technischen Universität Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74 BRD
Sb Lek 102:375-83. 2001..Aim of our study was to compare frequency data for 2 STR-systems, FGA and HTPO, both after PCR amplification, on 200 samples of Czech and 228 of German population...
- Use of X-linked short tandem repeats loci to confirm mutations in parentage caseworksDing Ping Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan County, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Chim Acta 408:29-33. 2009..However, the accuracy of STR is sometimes interfered by the presence of microsatellite mutations...
- [The mechanism of tetragametic chimerism in a true hermaphroditism with 46, XX/46 ,XY]Yingxia Cui
Laboratory of Reproduction and Genetics, Nanjing General Hospital, Nanjing Command, PLA, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 10:107-12. 2004..To report a true hermaphroditism due to a teragametic chimerism and to discuss the pathogenesis of tetragametic chimerism...
- [Sequential and quantitative analysis of chimerism after non-myeloablative stem cell transplantation]Xiao Wen Tang
The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University and Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 43:98-101. 2004....
- Relationship between ambulatory blood pressure monitoring values and future occurrence of ischemic cerebrovascular and coronary events in hypertensive patientsJosé Mesquita Bastos
Escola Superior de Saúde, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 25:305-16. 2006..To evaluate in a prospective study the relationship between 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) values and the occurrence of nonfatal ischemic cerebrovascular and coronary events in treated hypertensive patients...
- ST-segment resolution and prognosis after facilitated versus primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisIngo Eitel
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Strümpellstr 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:1-11. 2010Complete ST-segment resolution (STR) is associated with favorable prognosis in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Direct linkage of str-, S10- and spc-related gene clusters in Thermus thermophilus HB8, and sequences of ribosomal proteins L4 and S10T Pfeiffer
Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Gene 167:141-5. 1995We have analyzed the genomic region harboring str-S10-spc-related gene clusters in the thermophilic bacterium, Thermus thermophilus (Tt) HB8...
- Fast dynamic response of the fermentative metabolism of Escherichia coli to aerobic and anaerobic glucose pulsesAlvaro R Lara
Departamento de Procesos y Tecnologia, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Cuajimalpa Artificios, Col Miguel Hidalgo, Del Alvaro Obregón, Mexico DF, C P, Mexico
Biotechnol Bioeng 104:1153-61. 2009..fermentation metabolism was studied in a two-compartment bioreactor system consisting of a stirred tank reactor (STR) connected to a mini-plug-flow reactor (PFR: BioScope, 3.5 mL volume)...
- Characterisation of short tandem repeats for genotyping Mycobacterium lepraeThomas Gillis
National Hansen s Disease Programs, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Lepr Rev 80:250-60. 2009Establish a typing system for Mycobacterium leprae based on polymorphic DNA structures known as short tandem repeats (STR).
- An alkaline-active and alkali-stable pectate lyase from Streptomyces sp. S27 with potential in textile industryPeng Yuan
Key Laboratory for Feed Biotechnology of the Ministry of Agriculture, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, No 12 Zhongguancun South Street, Beijing 100081, People s Republic of China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 39:909-15. 2012A pectate lyase gene (pl-str) was cloned from Streptomyces sp. S27 and expressed in Escherichia coli Rosetta...
- Determination of combined sibship indices "gray zone" using 15 STR loci for central Bosnian human populationJasmin Musanovic
Medical Faculty, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mol Biol Rep 39:5195-200. 2012In our previous population studies of Bosnia and Herzegovina human population, we have used autosomal STR, Y-STR, and X-STR loci, as well as Y-chromosome NRY biallelic markers...
- Blind deconvolution for robust signal estimation and approximate source localizationShima H Abadi
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
J Acoust Soc Am 131:2599-610. 2012Synthetic time reversal (STR) is a technique for blind deconvolution in an unknown multipath environment that relies on generic features (rays or modes) of multipath sound propagation...
- Rat epididymal sperm motion changes induced by ethylene glycol monoethyl ether, sulfasalazine, and 2,5-hexandioneM Horimoto
Drug Safety Evaluation, Central Research, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Inc, Taketoyo, Aichi, Japan
Reprod Toxicol 14:55-63. 2000..VSL), amplitude of lateral head displacement (ALH), beat cross frequency (BCF), linearity (LIN), and straightness (STR)...
- Salivary statherin. Dependence on sequence, charge, hydrogen bonding potency, and helical conformation for adsorption to hydroxyapatite and inhibition of mineralizationP A Raj
Department of Oral Biology, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
J Biol Chem 267:5968-76. 1992The structural domains of salivary statherin that are partly responsible for the protection and recalcification of tooth enamel were examined with respect to charge, sequence, hydrophobicity, hydrogen bonding potential, and conformation...
- Effects of pilocarpine on paired pulse inhibition in the CA3 region of the rat hippocampusU Sayin
Department of Neurology, Wm S Middleton Memorial V A Hospital, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792 5132, USA
Brain Res 758:136-42. 1997..PPI was assessed by stimulating either the alveus or str. radiatum and recording the extracellular response from str. pyramidale of CA3...
- Inferring ethnicity using 15 autosomal STR loci--comparisons among populations of similar and distinctly different physical traitsMatthew Graydon
Laboratory and Scientific Services Directorate, Canada Border Services Agency, Ottawa, Ontario, ON K1A 0L8, Canada
Forensic Sci Int Genet 3:251-4. 2009The forensic utility of short tandem repeat (STR) polymorphisms for ethnic inference (EI) has recently received limited attention from the research community...
- Development of STR profiles from firearms and fired cartridge casesKatie M Horsman-Hall
Virginia Department of Forensic Science, Richmond, VA 23219, United States
Forensic Sci Int Genet 3:242-50. 2009..Moreover, very few laboratories report STR typing success with fired cases...
- The screening of 13 short tandem repeat loci in the Chinese populationJ C Lee
Department of Forensic Science, Central Police University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Forensic Sci Int 87:137-44. 1997Population studies of 13 short tandem repeat (STR) loci were carried out on Chinese in Taiwan...
- Percutaneous suprapubic transvesical route: a new and comfortable method of intraprostatic injectionI Yavascaoglu
Uludag University, Department of Urology, Bursa, Turkey
Urol Int 60:229-34. 1998To assess the efficacy and safety of the percutaneous suprapubic transvesical route (STR) for intraprostatic antibiotic injections and compare it with the transperineal route (TPR), a total of 37 patients suffering from chronic bacterial ..
- Multiplex STR typing of aortic tissues from unidentified cadaversYayoi Sato
Department of Legal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba City, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Leg Med (Tokyo) 11:S455-7. 2009..tissues collected at the autopsies of unidentified 47 cadavers was examined using a multiplex short tandem repeat (STR) typing kit. The causes of death included drowning, burning and brain injury among others...
- Enhancement of PCR amplification yield and specificity using AmpliTaq Gold DNA polymeraseT Moretti
FBI Academy, Quantico, VA, USA
Biotechniques 25:716-22. 1998..Polymerase to enhance the specificity and yield of amplification was evaluated in a quadruplex short tandem repeat (STR) system in which a nonspecific PCR product and poor yield had been previously observed with AmpliTaq DNA Polymerase ..
- Real-time forensic DNA analysis at a crime scene using a portable microchip analyzerPeng Liu
UCSF UC Berkeley Joint Graduate Group in Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Forensic Sci Int Genet 2:301-9. 2008..lab-on-a-chip system has been developed and successfully utilized for real-time forensic short tandem repeat (STR) analysis...
- Relating two deep-rooted pedigrees from Central Germany by high-resolution Y-STR haplotypingManfred Kayser
Department of Forensic Molecular Biology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Forensic Sci Int Genet 1:125-8. 2007Y-STR haplotyping is a powerful forensic and anthropological tool for identifying male lineages...
- Presynaptic actions of D2-like receptors in the rat cortico-striato-globus pallidus disynaptic connection in vitroKatsushige Watanabe
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, The Univ of Tennessee Memphis, 855 Monroe Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:665-71. 2009The cerebral cortex, the neostriatum (Str), and the external segment of the globus pallidus (GPe) form a cortico-Str-GPe disynaptic connection, which is one of the major connections in the basal ganglia circuitries and a target of ..
- Different Na+/K+-ATPase signal pathways was involved in the increase of [Ca2+]i induced by strophanthidin in normal and failing isolated guinea pig ventricular myocytesYa Juan Qi
Department of Pharmacology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 29:1313-8. 2008..different Na+/K+-ATPase signal transduction pathways have positive inotropic effects on normal ventricular myocytes (NC) and failing ventricular myocytes (FC), and are involved in an increase of [Ca2+]i induced by strophanthidin (Str).
- Screening for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity in cyanobacteria of the genus NostocPetr Zelík
Faculty of Chemistry, Institute of Food Chemistry and Biotechnology, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 24:531-6. 2009..Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity higher than 90% was found in the crude extracts of Nostoc sp. str. Lukesova 27/97 and Nostoc ellipsosporum Rabenh. str. Lukesova 51/91. Extracts from Nostoc ellipsosporum str...
- Central obesity, depression and the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in men and postmenopausal womenJ R Katz
Department of Medicine, UCLMS, London N19 3UA, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:246-51. 2000..We examined the relationship of adiposity to pituitary-adrenal responses to corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH) in men and postmenopausal women, controlling for the influence of depression...
- Autosomal STR variations in three endogamous populations of West Bengal, IndiaS Roy
National DNA Analysis Center, Central Forensic Science Laboratory, 30 Gorachand Road, Park Circus, Kolkata 700014, West Bengal, India
Leg Med (Tokyo) 10:326-32. 2008The allele frequency distribution of 15 autosomal STR loci was determined using AmpFlSTR Identifiler kit in three endogamous caste populations namely, Rajbanshi, Paliya and Dhimal from northern regions of West Bengal, India...
- Identification of an avirulent Entamoeba histolytica strain with unique tRNA-linked short tandem repeat markersAleyla Escueta-de Cadiz
Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Parasitol Int 59:75-81. 2010Highly polymorphic, non-coding short tandem repeats (STR) are scattered between the tRNA genes in Entamoeba histolytica in a unique tandemly arrayed organization. STR markers that correlate with the virulence of individual E...
- Increasing the discrimination power of forensic STR testing by employing high-performance mass spectrometry, as illustrated in indigenous South African and Central Asian populationsFlorian Pitterl
Institute of Legal Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Mullerstrasse 44, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Legal Med 124:551-8. 2010Short tandem repeat (STR) typing has become the standard technique in forensic methodology for the identification of unknown samples. National DNA databases have been established that contain STR genotypes for intelligence purposes...
- Recovery after chronic stress within spatial reference and working memory domains: correspondence with hippocampal morphologyA N Hoffman
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Box 1104, Tempe, AZ 85287 1104, USA
Eur J Neurosci 34:1023-30. 2011..CON)], or restrained (6 h/day for 21 days) and then tested on the RAWM either on the next day [stress immediate (STR-IMM)] or following a 21-day delay [stress delay (STR-DEL)]...
- High-throughput sequencing of core STR loci for forensic genetic investigations using the Roche Genome Sequencer FLX platformSarah L Fordyce
Centre for GeoGenetics, Natural History Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biotechniques 51:127-33. 2011The analysis and profiling of short tandem repeat (STR) loci is routinely used in forensic genetics...
- Electrohydrodynamics of soft polyelectrolyte multilayers: point of zero-streaming currentJerome F L Duval
Laboratoire Environnement et Minéralurgie, Nancy Université, CNRS UMR 7569, 15 avenue du Charmois, B P 40, 54501 Vandoeuvre lès Nancy, Cedex France
Langmuir 27:10739-52. 2011We report a comprehensive formalism for the electrokinetics (streaming current, I(str)) at soft multilayered polyelectrolyte films...
- Y-short tandem repeat haplotype and paternal lineage of the Ezhava population of Kerala, south IndiaSeema P Nair
Center for Biotechnology and Nanotechnology, Department of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Kerala, India
Croat Med J 52:344-50. 2011To analyze the haplotype of the Ezhava population of Kerala, south India, using 8 short tandem repeat (STR) loci on the Y chromosome and trace the paternal genetic lineage of the population.
- The effects of human salivary cystatins and statherin on hydroxyapatite crystallizationM Johnsson
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
Arch Oral Biol 36:631-6. 1991..cystatin SN, acidic cystatin S and the phosphoserine-containing acidic cystatin S1 was compared to that of statherin. The effects of these adsorbed proteins on the constant-composition growth kinetics of hydroxyapatite were also ..
- Construction of cell penetrating peptide vectors with N-terminal stearylated nuclear localization signal for targeted delivery of DNA into the cell nucleiHui Yuan Wang
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Polymers of Ministry of Education and Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
J Control Release 155:26-33. 2011..Here, we designed new gene delivery carriers with an N-terminal stearylated (STR) nuclear localization signal (NLS), PKKKRKV, present in the Simian Virus 40 large T antigen with the aim to ..
- Modeling the motor striatum under Deep Brain Stimulation in normal and MPTP conditionsS Santaniello
Institute of Computational Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:2065-8. 2010Striatum (STR) is the major input stage of the basal ganglia (BG)...
- Disulfide crosslinked stearoyl carrier peptides containing arginine and histidine enhance siRNA uptake and gene silencingKo Tanaka
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Department of Pharmaceutical Science, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Int J Pharm 398:219-24. 2010..In this study, to develop a safe and efficient siRNA carrier, stearoyl (STR) peptides with Cys (C), Arg (R), and His (H) residues that can form disulfide cross linkages via Cys (C) were ..
- The development of mini pentameric STR loci for rapid analysis of forensic DNA samples on a microfluidic systemMaurice J Aboud
Chemistry Department, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33199, USA
Electrophoresis 31:2672-9. 2010..Currently most forensic STR DNA analysis is performed by CE; however, these instruments are not portable and require long sample run times...
- Noise-robust acoustic signature recognition using nonlinear Hebbian learningBing Lu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Southern California, 1042 Downey Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Neural Netw 23:1252-63. 2010..feature vectors over multiple temporal frames, which is called a spectro-temporal representation (STR)...
- Effect of intrathecal glycine and related amino acids on the allodynia and hyperalgesic action of strychnine or bicuculline in miceEui Sung Lim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Madi Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Anesthesiol 58:76-86. 2010..This study was aimed to evaluate the effect of glycine-related amino acids on antagonizing the effects of IT strychnine (STR) or bicuculline (BIC) when each amino acid was administered in combination with STR or BIC.
- Short tandem repeat analysis in Japanese populationM Hashiyada
Department of Forensic Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Electrophoresis 21:347-50. 2000..Because of the relatively small size of STR alleles (generally 100-350 nucleotides), amplification by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is relatively easy, ..
- A biophysical map of the dystrophin rodAhmed Mirza
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:1796-809. 2010We have conducted a biophysical scan of the rod region of dystrophin, targeting all 24 single spectrin type repeat, STR, motifs and 23 2-STR tandem motifs...
- Analysis of linkage and linkage disequilibrium for eight X-STR markersAndreas O Tillmar
National Board of Forensic Medicine, Department of Forensic Genetics and Forensic Toxicology, Artillerigatan 12, SE 58758, Linkoping, Sweden
Forensic Sci Int Genet 3:37-41. 2008X-chromosomal short tandem repeats (X-STR) have proven to be informative and useful in complex relationship testing...
- Identification of racehorse and sample contamination by novel 24-plex STR systemJin Wen Chen
University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, New Bolton Center Campus, Kennett Square, PA 19348, USA
Forensic Sci Int Genet 4:158-67. 2010..PCR method for providing genetic evidence for matching donors to test samples by using short tandem repeat (STR) loci...
- Chromosome 6p21-24 Markers in HIV-Related Kaposi SarcomaRichard Kaslow; Fiscal Year: 2006..3 - 24.1 region harboring the C282Y mutation of HFE, telomeric to HLA, as well as a short tandem repeat (STR) polymorphism of endothelin-1 (EDN1)...
- MUTATIONAL MECHANISMS OF REPETITIVE DNA IN HUMAN CELLSKristin Eckert; Fiscal Year: 2001..proposal is to evaluate the significance of spontaneous and carcinogen-induced mutations at short tandem repeat (STR) DNA loci in human cells...
- GENETIC MANAGEMENT OF ANIMAL COLONIESDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..The loci to be studied include neutral short tandem repeat (STR) loci widely dispersed over all chromosomes, mt DNA, a Y-chromosome haplotype,and both class I and class II major ..
- Genetics of Longevity in Long-Lived SiblingsSangkyu Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using blood samples, we will genotype the longevous subjects at 811 short-tandem repeat (STR) loci and Identify potential regions that are excessively shared among the long-lived siblings; (2) Narrow down the ..
- Joint Determinants of Bone Density and CVD CalcificationBraxton Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2004..NIH funding available to the AFOS parent study, we will genotype 391 highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at approximately 10 cM intervals and perform a genome-wide scan to detect quantitative trait loci (..
- Genotypic Determinants of Aspirin Response in High Risk FamiliesLewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are analyzing results from the first 1600 participants of i) a 550-short tandem repeat (STR) marker genome scan and 2) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping of 3000 SNPs in 191 candidate genes ..
- Longevity Genes in Founder PopulationsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2005..for longevity assurance genes in multiplex Amish pedigrees by genotyping 391 polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at approximately 10 cM intervals and performing 'affecteds' only linkage analysis...
- POPULATION GENETIC MAPPING OF TOURETTE SYNDROMENelson Freimer; Fiscal Year: 2009..population genetic mapping approach, that is, using densely spaced, highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers to identify regions of linkage disequilibrium (LD) with TS...
- Short Tandem Repeat Polymorphisms in CytomegalovirusJames Bale; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently, short tandem repeat (STR) length polymorphisms were identified in the HCMV genome...
- RAPID AND ACCURATE GENOTYPING OF STRS BY ESI-MSDAVID MUDDIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..studies, unknown loci will be genotyped form the SNP panel of 90 to determine if there are any correlations between STR and SNP maps starting with the T-cell receptor beta loci located on chromosome 7...
- RAPID AND ACCURATE GENOTYPING OF STRS BY ESI-MSDAVID MUDDIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..studies, unknown loci will be genotyped form the SNP panel of 90 to determine if there are any correlations between STR and SNP maps starting with the T-cell receptor beta loci located on chromosome 7...
- Genomic Stability and RecQ DNA Helicases in YeastSteven J Brill; Fiscal Year: 2010..As in humans, loss of the homologous Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1 (STR) complex in yeast results in genome instability and enhanced sensitivity to DNA damage...
- PATHOGENICITY OF SHIGA TOXIN PRODUCING E COLI (STEC)ALISON O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..aims are to: 1) examine the reason for the striking virulence of eae- STEC 091:H21 strain B2F1 for streptomycin (str)-treated, orally-infected CD-1 mice by assessing whether virulence correlates with intestinal mucus activation of ..
- Genetic Modifiers of Alpha 1-Antitrypsin DeficiencyEdwin Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will perform genome screen genotyping of the 400 families using short tandem repeat (STR) markers, and we will perform multipoint linkage analysis...
- INNER RETINAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ERGPaul Sieving; Fiscal Year: 1993..We named the Scotopic Threshold Response (STR and have shown that it originates from the proximal retina...
- High velocity resistance training in older men and womenStephen Sayers; Fiscal Year: 2006..at high velocity (ls for the concentric portion of the contraction) 3 x per week; traditional strength training (STR), consisting of 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions at 80% of the one-repetition-maximum (1RM) at slow velocity (2 s for ..
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003Funds are requested to purchase an Applied Biosystems Voyager DE-STR matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization, time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometer, equipped with integrated data acquisition and bioinformatics capabilities, ..
- APPROACHES TO THE GENETICS OF COPDEdwin Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will obtain genotyping with highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers at 10 cM intervals throughout the genome from the NHLBI Mammalian Genotyping Service; these genotypes will ..