Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STAB1
Description: stabilin 1
Alias: CLEVER-1, FEEL-1, FELE-1, FEX1, SCARH2, STAB-1, stabilin-1, MS-1 antigen, common lymphatic endothelial and vascular endothelial receptor-1, fasciclin egf-like, laminin-type egf-like, and link domain-containing scavenger receptor-1, fasciclin, EGF-like, laminin-type EGF-like and link domain-containing scavenger receptor 1
- Dong S, Bluher M, Zhang Y, Wu H, Alahari S. Development of insulin resistance in Nischarin mutant female mice. Int J Obes (Lond). 2018;: pubmed publisherNISCH-STAB1 is a newly identified locus correlated to human waist-hip ratio (WHR), which is a risk indicator of developing obesity-associated diabetes...
- Feng C, Ding G, Ding Q, Wen H. Overexpression of low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) is associated with worsened prognosis and decreased cancer immunity in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;503:1537-1543 pubmed publisher..Positive correlations between LRP1 and pro-angiogenic factors ERAP1, SCG2, STAB1, and RUNX1 were observed. LRP1 expression was positively correlated with PD-L2 level...
- Sourris K, Forbes J. Interactions between advanced glycation end-products (AGE) and their receptors in the development and progression of diabetic nephropathy - are these receptors valid therapeutic targets. Curr Drug Targets. 2009;10:42-50 pubmed..Modulation of AGE receptor expression is an important potential therapeutic approach worth consideration as a treatment for diabetic nephropathy and likely applicable to other vascular complications. ..
- Niu X, Chang W, Liu R, Hou R, Li J, Wang C, et al. Expression of pro-angiogenic genes in mesenchymal stem cells derived from dermis of patients with psoriasis. Int J Dermatol. 2016;55:e280-8 pubmed publisher..synthase-1 (PTGS1), melanoma cell adhesion molecule (MCAM), vasohibin-2 (VASH2), and stabilin-1 (STAB1) are differentially expressed in dermal mesenchymal stem cells in psoriasis...
- Wang L, Chen X, Wu G, Li S, Zeng X, Ren X, et al. Enhanced ?-poly-L-lysine production by inducing double antibiotic-resistant mutations in Streptomyces albulus. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2017;40:271-283 pubmed publisher..These results showed that the new breeding method, called ribosome engineering, could be a novel and effective breeding strategy for the evolution of ?-PL-producing strains. ..
- Zheng M, Xing W, Liu Y, Li M, Zhou H. Tetramerization of SATB1 is essential for regulating of gene expression. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;430:171-178 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we developed stable cell lines that overexpressed either the SATB1 tetramer or STAB1 dimer (KWN-AAA) and monitored global gene expression...
- Karikoski M, Marttila Ichihara F, Elima K, Rantakari P, HollmÃ©n M, Kelkka T, et al. Clever-1/stabilin-1 controls cancer growth and metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:6452-64 pubmed publisher..The ability of anti-Clever-1 antibody treatment to attenuate tumor progression in WT mice in vivo is therapeutically relevant. Thus, Clever-1 may be an emerging new target for modulating immune evasion and lymphatic spread in cancer. ..
- BostrÃ¶m M, Irjala H, Mirtti T, Taimen P, Kauko T, Ã…lgars A, et al. Tumor-Associated Macrophages Provide Significant Prognostic Information in Urothelial Bladder Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0133552 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that macrophage phenotypes provide significant independent prognostic information, particularly in bladder cancers undergoing transurethral resection. ..
- Lai S, Wong P, Lim T, Lin Q, Mustafa M. iTRAQ-based proteomic identification of proteins involved in anti-angiogenic effects of Panduratin A on HUVECs. Phytomedicine. 2015;22:203-12 pubmed publisher..Our study further identified mTOR signaling as an important target of PA, and therefore highlights the potential of PA for therapeutic intervention against angiogenesis-related pathogenesis, particularly, metastatic malignancy. ..
- Ge W, Lin Y, Li S, Zong X, Ge Z. Identification of Biomarkers for Early Diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction. J Cell Biochem. 2018;119:650-658 pubmed publisher..The comparison of the DEGs in two datasets revealed four common up-regulated genes (EGR1, STAB1, SOCS3, TMEM176A)...
- Schleinitz D, KlÃ¶ting N, Lindgren C, Breitfeld J, Dietrich A, SchÃ¶n M, et al. Fat depot-specific mRNA expression of novel loci associated with waist-hip ratio. Int J Obes (Lond). 2014;38:120-5 pubmed publisher..Adipose tissue (AT) mRNA expression of 6 genes (TBX15/WARS2, STAB1, PIGC, ZNRF3 and GRB14) within these loci showing coincident cis-expression quantitative trait loci was measured ..
- Adachi H, Tsujimoto M. FEEL-1, a novel scavenger receptor with in vitro bacteria-binding and angiogenesis-modulating activities. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34264-70 pubmed
- Kzhyshkowska J. Multifunctional receptor stabilin-1 in homeostasis and disease. ScientificWorldJournal. 2010;10:2039-53 pubmed publisherThe multifunctional scavenger receptor stabilin-1 (STAB1, FEEL-1, CLEVER-1, KIAA0246) is expressed on tissue macrophages and sinusoidal endothelial cells in healthy organisms, and its expression on both macrophages and different subtypes ..
- Witt S, Juraeva D, Sticht C, Strohmaier J, Meier S, Treutlein J, et al. Investigation of manic and euthymic episodes identifies state- and trait-specific gene expression and STAB1 as a new candidate gene for bipolar disorder. Transl Psychiatry. 2014;4:e426 pubmed publisher..In the GWAS data integration analysis, one gene (STAB1) remained significant (P=1.9 × 10(-4)) after adjustment for multiple testing...
- Prevo R, Banerji S, Ni J, Jackson D. Rapid plasma membrane-endosomal trafficking of the lymph node sinus and high endothelial venule scavenger receptor/homing receptor stabilin-1 (FEEL-1/CLEVER-1). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52580-92 pubmed..These properties support a role for stabilin-1 as a rapidly recycling scavenger receptor and argue against a role in cell adhesion or lymphocyte homing. ..
- Palani S, Elima K, Ekholm E, Jalkanen S, Salmi M. Monocyte Stabilin-1 Suppresses the Activation of Th1 Lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2016;196:115-23 pubmed publisher..These data define stabilin-1 as a new immunosuppressive molecule and suggest that stabilin-1(high) monocytes may dampen proinflammatory reactions in vivo. ..
- Hansen B, Longati P, Elvevold K, Nedredal G, Schledzewski K, Olsen R, et al. Stabilin-1 and stabilin-2 are both directed into the early endocytic pathway in hepatic sinusoidal endothelium via interactions with clathrin/AP-2, independent of ligand binding. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:160-73 pubmed..In conclusion, hepatic stabilins are both present in the early endocytic pathway, associating with clathrin/AP-2, but whereas stabilin-2 has a clear scavenging profile, stabilin-1 does not recognize these ligands. ..
- Riabov V, Yin S, Song B, Avdic A, Schledzewski K, Ovsiy I, et al. Stabilin-1 is expressed in human breast cancer and supports tumor growth in mammary adenocarcinoma mouse model. Oncotarget. 2016;7:31097-110 pubmed publisher..g. SPARC) as a mechanism of stabilin-1 induced tumor growth. Silent clearance function of stabilin-1 makes it an attractive candidate for delivery of immunomodulatory anti-cancer therapeutic drugs to TAM. ..
- Kzhyshkowska J, Workman G, Cardo Vila M, Arap W, Pasqualini R, Gratchev A, et al. Novel function of alternatively activated macrophages: stabilin-1-mediated clearance of SPARC. J Immunol. 2006;176:5825-32 pubmed..We propose that alternatively activated macrophages coordinate extracellular matrix remodeling, angiogenesis, and tumor progression via stabilin-1-mediated endocytosis of SPARC and thereby regulate its extracellular concentration. ..
- Palani S, Maksimow M, Miiluniemi M, Auvinen K, Jalkanen S, Salmi M. Stabilin-1/CLEVER-1, a type 2 macrophage marker, is an adhesion and scavenging molecule on human placental macrophages. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:2052-63 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that macrophage stabilin-1/CLEVER-1 can potentially regulate leukocyte migration and scavenging during the development of the placenta and fetus. ..
- Lalor P, Lai W, Curbishley S, Shetty S, Adams D. Human hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells can be distinguished by expression of phenotypic markers related to their specialised functions in vivo. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:5429-39 pubmed
- Kzhyshkowska J, Krusell L. Cross-talk between endocytic clearance and secretion in macrophages. Immunobiology. 2009;214:576-93 pubmed publisher..We propose novel level of regulation for the secretory repertoire of macrophages: cross-talk of uptake and release at the level of vesicular trafficking. ..
- Irjala H, Elima K, Johansson E, Merinen M, Kontula K, Alanen K, et al. The same endothelial receptor controls lymphocyte traffic both in vascular and lymphatic vessels. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:815-24 pubmed..These findings suggest that CLEVER-1 is involved in regulation of lymphocyte recirculation and migration of leukocytes to sites of inflammation and is a potential new target to control inflammation...
- Kzhyshkowska J, Gratchev A, Martens J, Pervushina O, Mamidi S, Johansson S, et al. Stabilin-1 localizes to endosomes and the trans-Golgi network in human macrophages and interacts with GGA adaptors. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;76:1151-61 pubmed
- Kzhyshkowska J, Mamidi S, Gratchev A, Kremmer E, Schmuttermaier C, Krusell L, et al. Novel stabilin-1 interacting chitinase-like protein (SI-CLP) is up-regulated in alternatively activated macrophages and secreted via lysosomal pathway. Blood. 2006;107:3221-8 pubmed..The 1C11 mAb detected SI-CLP in human bronchoalveolar lavage and peripheral-blood leukocytes (PBLs), and can be used to analyze the role of SI-CLP in human disorders. ..
- Kzhyshkowska J, Gratchev A, Schmuttermaier C, Brundiers H, Krusell L, Mamidi S, et al. Alternatively activated macrophages regulate extracellular levels of the hormone placental lactogen via receptor-mediated uptake and transcytosis. J Immunol. 2008;180:3028-37 pubmed..5 microg/ml in fetal circulation. We propose that stabilin-1-positive macrophages determine the difference in PL levels between maternal and fetal circulation. ..
- Park S, Kim S, Kang K, Kim I. Adaptor protein GULP is involved in stabilin-1-mediated phagocytosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:467-72 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of endogenous GULP expression decreased stabilin-1-mediated phagocytosis. Thus, these results indicate that GULP functions as an adaptor protein for stabilin-1-mediated phagocytosis. ..
- Heid I, Jackson A, Randall J, Winkler T, Qi L, Steinthorsdottir V, et al. Meta-analysis identifies 13 new loci associated with waist-hip ratio and reveals sexual dimorphism in the genetic basis of fat distribution. Nat Genet. 2010;42:949-60 pubmed publisher..near RSPO3, VEGFA, TBX15-WARS2, NFE2L3, GRB14, DNM3-PIGC, ITPR2-SSPN, LY86, HOXC13, ADAMTS9, ZNRF3-KREMEN1, NISCH-STAB1 and CPEB4 (P = 1.9 Ã— 10â»â¹ to P = 1.8 Ã— 10â»â´â°) and the known signal at LYPLAL1...
- Politz O, Gratchev A, McCourt P, Schledzewski K, Guillot P, Johansson S, et al. Stabilin-1 and -2 constitute a novel family of fasciclin-like hyaluronan receptor homologues. Biochem J. 2002;362:155-64 pubmed
- Tervahartiala M, Taimen P, Mirtti T, Koskinen I, Ecke T, Jalkanen S, et al. Immunological tumor status may predict response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and outcome after radical cystectomy in bladder cancer. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12682 pubmed publisher..Our findings point out that CD68, MAC387, and CLEVER-1 may be useful prognostic and predictive markers in BC...
- Zhang J, Gratchev A, Riabov V, Mamidi S, Schmuttermaier C, Krusell L, et al. A novel GGA-binding site is required for intracellular sorting mediated by stabilin-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6097-105 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the novel GGA-binding site EDDADDD is essential for stabilin-1-mediated intracellular sorting but is not required for endocytosis. ..
- Shetty S, Weston C, Oo Y, Westerlund N, Stamataki Z, Youster J, et al. Common lymphatic endothelial and vascular endothelial receptor-1 mediates the transmigration of regulatory T cells across human hepatic sinusoidal endothelium. J Immunol. 2011;186:4147-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, CLEVER-1/stabilin-1 and VAP-1 may provide an organ-specific signal for Treg recruitment to the inflamed liver and to hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Salmi M, Koskinen K, Henttinen T, Elima K, Jalkanen S. CLEVER-1 mediates lymphocyte transmigration through vascular and lymphatic endothelium. Blood. 2004;104:3849-57 pubmed..Notably, CLEVER-1 is the first adhesion molecule shown to be involved in the PBMC transmigration through the lymphatic arm of the immune system. ..
- Tamura Y, Adachi H, Osuga J, Ohashi K, Yahagi N, Sekiya M, et al. FEEL-1 and FEEL-2 are endocytic receptors for advanced glycation end products. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12613-7 pubmed..FEEL-1, which is expressed by the liver and vascular tissues, may recognize AGEs, thereby contributing to the development of diabetic vascular complications and atherosclerosis. ..
- Ammar A, Mohammed R, Salmi M, Pepper M, Paish E, Ellis I, et al. Lymphatic expression of CLEVER-1 in breast cancer and its relationship with lymph node metastasis. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2011;34:67-78 pubmed publisher..Its upregulation on LV, related surface expression, and association with LN metastasis suggest that it may be an important mediator of tumor cell metastasis to LN. ..
- Park S, Jung M, Lee S, Kang K, Gratchev A, Riabov V, et al. Stabilin-1 mediates phosphatidylserine-dependent clearance of cell corpses in alternatively activated macrophages. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3365-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this protein might play an important role in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis and prevention of autoimmunity. ..