Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ST6GALNAC1
Description: ST6 N-acetylgalactosaminide alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase 1
Alias: HSY11339, SIAT7A, ST6GalNAcI, STYI, alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminide alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase 1, GalNAc alpha-2, 6-sialyltransferase I, long form, SIAT7-A, ST6 (alpha-N-acetyl-neuraminyl-2,3-beta-galactosyl-1,3)-N-acetylgalactosaminide alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase 1, ST6 GalNAc alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase 1, ST6GALNAC1, alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase 1, ST6GalNAc I, galNAc alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase I, sialyltransferase 7 ((alpha-N-acetylneuraminyl-2,3-beta-galactosyl-1,3)-N-acetyl galactosaminide alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase) A, sialyltransferase 7A
- Takamochi K, Ohmiya H, Itoh M, Mogushi K, Saito T, Hara K, et al. Novel biomarkers that assist in accurate discrimination of squamous cell carcinoma from adenocarcinoma of the lung. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:760 pubmed..We identified two novel marker candidates, SPATS2 for SCC and ST6GALNAC1 for AD, as showing comparable performance and complementary utility to the known markers in discriminating PDSCC ..
- ..The biosynthesis of the sTn antigen has been linked to the expression of the sialytransferase ST6GalNAc1, and also to mutations in and loss of heterozygosity of the COSMC gene...
- Haldar D, Agrawal N, Patel S, Kambale P, Arora K, Sharma A, et al. Association of VDBP and CYP2R1 gene polymorphisms with vitamin D status in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a north Indian study. Eur J Nutr. 2018;57:703-711 pubmed publisher..Genotyping of VDBP single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs7041 (HaeIII; G>T) and rs4588 (StyI; A>C) and CYP2R1 SNP rs2060793 (HinfI; A>G) was carried out by restriction fragment length polymorphism in 50 ..
- Munkley J, Livermore K, Rajan P, Elliott D. RNA splicing and splicing regulator changes in prostate cancer pathology. Hum Genet. 2017;136:1143-1154 pubmed publisher..genes generate alternatively spliced mRNA isoforms, including a prostate-specific splice isoform of ST6GALNAC1 mRNA...
- Ozaki H, Matsuzaki H, Ando H, Kaji H, Nakanishi H, Ikehara Y, et al. Enhancement of metastatic ability by ectopic expression of ST6GalNAcI on a gastric cancer cell line in a mouse model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2012;29:229-38 pubmed publisherb>ST6GalNAcI is a sialyltransferase responsible for the synthesis of sialyl Tn (sTn) antigen which is expressed in a variety of adenocarcinomas including gastric cancer especially in advanced cases, but the roles of ST6GalNAcI and sTn in ..
- Hassinen A, Rivinoja A, Kauppila A, Kellokumpu S. Golgi N-glycosyltransferases form both homo- and heterodimeric enzyme complexes in live cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17771-7 pubmed publisher..Given their strict Golgi localization and sequential order of function, the two heterodimeric complexes are probably responsible for the processing and maturation of N-glycans in live cells. ..
- Patani N, Jiang W, Mokbel K. Prognostic utility of glycosyltransferase expression in breast cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2008;5:333-40 pubmed..Expression of ppGalNAc-T6 is significantly higher in breast cancer compared to 'normal'/benign breast tissue samples. ST6GalNAc-I expression in breast cancer is associated with better prognosis. ..
- Chik J, Zhou J, Moh E, Christopherson R, Clarke S, Molloy M, et al. Comprehensive glycomics comparison between colon cancer cell cultures and tumours: implications for biomarker studies. J Proteomics. 2014;108:146-62 pubmed publisher..Using qRT-PCR, sialyl-Tn expression was found to be associated with an increase in ?2,6-sialyltransferase gene (ST6GALNAC1) and a decrease in core 1 synthase gene (C1GALT1) in LS174T cells...
- Lee Y, Kaufmann M, Kitazume Kawaguchi S, Kono M, Takashima S, Kurosawa N, et al. Molecular cloning and functional expression of two members of mouse NeuAcalpha2,3Galbeta1,3GalNAc GalNAcalpha2,6-sialyltransferase family, ST6GalNAc III and IV. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:11958-67 pubmed..Although the substrate specificity of this enzyme is similar to that of ST6GalNAc III, ST6GalNAc IV prefers O-glycans to glycolipids. Glycolipids, however, are better substrates for ST6GalNAc III. ..
- Tamura F, Sato Y, Hirakawa M, Yoshida M, Ono M, Osuga T, et al. RNAi-mediated gene silencing of ST6GalNAc I suppresses the metastatic potential in gastric cancer cells. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:85-97 pubmed publisherb>ST6GalNAc I is a sialyltransferase controlling the expression of sialyl-Tn antigen (STn), which is overexpressed in several epithelial cancers, including gastric cancer, and is highly correlated with cancer metastasis...
- Sewell R, Bäckström M, Dalziel M, Gschmeissner S, Karlsson H, Noll T, et al. The ST6GalNAc-I sialyltransferase localizes throughout the Golgi and is responsible for the synthesis of the tumor-associated sialyl-Tn O-glycan in human breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3586-94 pubmed..3 to 3.8 per tandem repeat. The availability of large quantities of this MUC1 glycoform will allow the evaluation of its efficacy as an immunogen for immunotherapy of MUC1/STn-expressing tumors. ..
- Iwaya T, Sawada G, Amano S, Kume K, Ito C, Endo F, et al. Downregulation of ST6GALNAC1 is associated with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma development. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:441-447 pubmed publisher..A significant downregulation of ST6GALNAC1 was demonstrated in ESCC tissues compared to its expression in normal tissues by qRT-PCR (n=93, p<0.0001)...
- Donadio S, Dubois C, Fichant G, Roybon L, Guillemot J, Breton C, et al. Recognition of cell surface acceptors by two human alpha-2,6-sialyltransferases produced in CHO cells. Biochimie. 2003;85:311-21 pubmed..It is thus concluded that downstream from the transmembrane domain, native STs possess peptide sequences that allow them to sialylate glycoprotein acceptors selectively along their transit within Golgi stacks. ..
- Knuuttila M, Mehmood A, Huhtaniemi R, Yatkin E, Häkkinen M, Oksala R, et al. Antiandrogens Reduce Intratumoral Androgen Concentrations and Induce Androgen Receptor Expression in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Xenografts. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:216-228 pubmed publisher..However, other genes recently identified to be highly sensitive to androgen-regulated AR action, such as NOV and ST6GalNAc1, were markedly altered, which indicated reduced androgen action...
- Zhang D, Zhu L, Li C, Mu J, Fu Y, Zhu Q, et al. Sialyltransferase7A, a Klf4-responsive gene, promotes cardiomyocyte apoptosis during myocardial infarction. Basic Res Cardiol. 2015;110:28 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that sialyltransferase7A (Siat7A), one of the members of sialyltransferase family, was significantly increased in the ischemic myocardium, as well ..
- WiÄ™syk A, Candresse T, ZagÃ³rski Ostoja W, GÃ³ra Sochacka A. Viability and genetic stability of potato spindle tuber viroid mutants with indels in specific loops of the rod-like secondary structure. Virus Res. 2017;240:94-100 pubmed publisher..we have created 6 mutants carrying 3-4 nucleotides deletions or insertions at three unique restriction sites, EagI, StyI and AvaII...