Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRSF4
Description: serine and arginine rich splicing factor 4
Alias: SFRS4, SRP75, serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 4, SR splicing factor 4, SRP001LB, pre-mRNA-splicing factor SRP75, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 4
- Faà V, Incani F, Meloni A, Corda D, Masala M, Baffico A, et al. Characterization of a disease-associated mutation affecting a putative splicing regulatory element in intron 6b of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30024-31 pubmed publisher..ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 with an intronic splicing regulatory element and creates a new recognition motif for the SRp75 splicing factor, causing activation of the cryptic exon. Our results show that the c...
- Exline C, Feng Z, Stoltzfus C. Negative and positive mRNA splicing elements act competitively to regulate human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vif gene expression. J Virol. 2008;82:3921-31 pubmed publisher..This ESE binds specifically to the cellular SR protein SRp75. Our results suggest that the 5'ss D2, the proximal GGGG silencer, and the ESE act competitively to determine the ..
- Meissner M, Lopato S, Gotzmann J, Sauermann G, Barta A. Proto-oncoprotein TLS/FUS is associated to the nuclear matrix and complexed with splicing factors PTB, SRm160, and SR proteins. Exp Cell Res. 2003;283:184-95 pubmed..The subsequent analysis of TLS/FUS immunoprecipitates revealed that, in addition to the SR proteins SC35 and SRp75, the splicing factor PTB (hnRNPI) and the splicing coactivator SRm160 are complexed with TLS/FUS, thus explaining ..
- Blencowe B, Issner R, Nickerson J, Sharp P. A coactivator of pre-mRNA splicing. Genes Dev. 1998;12:996-1009 pubmed..The results suggest that a complex of the nuclear matrix proteins SRm160 and SRm300 functions as a coactivator of pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Zhang W, Wu J. Sip1, a novel RS domain-containing protein essential for pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:676-84 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that Sip1 is a novel RS domain-containing protein required for pre-mRNA splicing and that the functional role of Sip1 in splicing is distinct from those of known RS domain-containing splicing factors. ..
- Zahler A, Neugebauer K, Stolk J, Roth M. Human SR proteins and isolation of a cDNA encoding SRp75. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:4023-8 pubmed..Here we show that two untested SR proteins, SRp20 and SRp75, can also complement the splicing-deficient extract...
- Gui J, Lane W, Fu X. A serine kinase regulates intracellular localization of splicing factors in the cell cycle. Nature. 1994;369:678-82 pubmed
- Wang J, Gao Q, Wang Y, Lafyatis R, Stamm S, Andreadis A. Tau exon 10, whose missplicing causes frontotemporal dementia, is regulated by an intricate interplay of cis elements and trans factors. J Neurochem. 2004;88:1078-90 pubmed..Lastly, we identified the domains of regulators SWAP and hnRNPG, which are required for regulation of exon 10 splicing. ..
- Lareau L, Inada M, Green R, Wengrod J, Brenner S. Unproductive splicing of SR genes associated with highly conserved and ultraconserved DNA elements. Nature. 2007;446:926-9 pubmed..We find that unproductive splicing associated with conserved regions has arisen independently in different SR genes, suggesting that splicing factors may readily acquire this form of regulation. ..
- de Graaf K, Hekerman P, Spelten O, Herrmann A, Packman L, Büssow K, et al. Characterization of cyclin L2, a novel cyclin with an arginine/serine-rich domain: phosphorylation by DYRK1A and colocalization with splicing factors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4612-24 pubmed..These data characterize cyclin L2 as a highly mobile component of nuclear speckles and suggest that DYRK1A may regulate splicing by phosphorylation of cyclin L2. ..
- Zimowska G, Shi J, Munguba G, Jackson M, Alpatov R, Simmons M, et al. Pinin/DRS/memA interacts with SRp75, SRm300 and SRrp130 in corneal epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4715-23 pubmed..Three SR-rich proteins were identified that interact with the C-terminus of Pnn: SRp75 and SRm300, known components of spliceosome machinery, and a novel 130-kDa nuclear protein, SRrp130...
- ..These activities point up the importance of SR proteins during the regulation of mRNA metabolism. ..
- Tranell A, Fenyo E, Schwartz S. Serine- and arginine-rich proteins 55 and 75 (SRp55 and SRp75) induce production of HIV-1 vpr mRNA by inhibiting the 5'-splice site of exon 3. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31537-47 pubmed publisher..Here we show that serine- and arginine-rich proteins 55 and 75 (SRp55 and SRp75) inhibit splicing from the 5'-splice site of exon 3 thereby causing an accumulation of the partially unspliced ..
- Monsalve M, Wu Z, Adelmant G, Puigserver P, Fan M, Spiegelman B. Direct coupling of transcription and mRNA processing through the thermogenic coactivator PGC-1. Mol Cell. 2000;6:307-16 pubmed..PGC-1 can alter the processing of an mRNA, but only when it is loaded onto the promoter of the gene. These data demonstrate the coordinated regulation of RNA transcription and processing through PGC-1. ..
- Papoutsopoulou S, Nikolakaki E, Chalepakis G, Kruft V, Chevaillier P, Giannakouros T. SR protein-specific kinase 1 is highly expressed in testis and phosphorylates protamine 1. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:2972-80 pubmed..These findings indicate that SRPK1 may have a role not only in pre-mRNA splicing, but also in the condensation of sperm chromatin. ..