Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRRM1
Description: serine and arginine repetitive matrix 1
Alias: 160-KD, POP101, SRM160, serine/arginine repetitive matrix protein 1, SR-related nuclear matrix protein of 160 kDa, Ser/Arg-related nuclear matrix protein, serine/arginine repetitive matrix 1
- Gong D, Yang F, Li F, Qian D, Wu M, Shao Z, et al. Crystal structure and functional characterization of the human RBM25 PWI domain and its flanking basic region. Biochem J. 2013;450:85-94 pubmed publisher..charged nucleic-acid-binding surface in the RBM25 PWI domain that is entirely different from that in the SRm160 PWI domain...
- Bilal B, Azim M. Nematicidal activity of 'major royal jelly protein'-containing glycoproteins from Acacia honey. Exp Parasitol. 2018;192:52-59 pubmed publisher..Honey glycoproteins with molecular masses of ?260 kD and ?160 kD comprised of 'major royal jelly protein-1'-containing complexes...
- Sato M, Mochizuki H, Goto Koshino Y, Fujiwara Igarashi A, Takahashi M, Fujino Y, et al. Hypermethylation of the death-associated protein kinase CpG island in canine B-cell lymphoid tumors. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014;161:222-31 pubmed publisher..DAPK was inactivated through hypermethylation of its CpG island in canine B-cell lymphoid tumor cells. This study will lead to the use of canine B-cell lymphoid tumors as an animal model to evaluate the efficacy of demethylating agents. ..
- Maurya C, Singh R, Jaiswal N, Venkateswarlu K, Narender T, Tamrakar A. 4-Hydroxyisoleucine ameliorates fatty acid-induced insulin resistance and inflammatory response in skeletal muscle cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;395:51-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that 4-HIL could inhibit palmitate-induced, ROS-associated inflammation and restored insulin sensitivity through regulating IRS-1 function. ..
- Alves D, Thulin G, Loffing J, Kashgarian M, Caplan M. Akt Substrate of 160 kD Regulates Na+,K+-ATPase Trafficking in Response to Energy Depletion and Renal Ischemia. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:2765-76 pubmed publisher..reported that the subcellular distribution of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase is modulated by direct binding to Akt substrate of 160 kD (AS160), a Rab GTPase-activating protein that regulates the trafficking of glucose transporter 4 in response to ..
- Chen P, Wang J, Lin Y, Li C, Tsai C, Liu T, et al. 18-carbon polyunsaturated fatty acids ameliorate palmitate-induced inflammation and insulin resistance in mouse C2C12 myotubes. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:521-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the 18-carbon PUFAs may be useful in the management of PA-induced inflammation and IR in myotubes. ..
- Driessen A, Farrell M, Mazzone S, McGovern A. The Role of the Paratrigeminal Nucleus in Vagal Afferent Evoked Respiratory Reflexes: A Neuroanatomical and Functional Study in Guinea Pigs. Front Physiol. 2015;6:378 pubmed publisher..Whereas, nodose neurons more often expressed 160 KD neurofilament proteins and the alpha3 subunit of Na(+)/K(+) ATPase, significantly more jugular neurons expressed ..
- McGarvey T, Rosonina E, McCracken S, Li Q, Arnaout R, Mientjes E, et al. The acute myeloid leukemia-associated protein, DEK, forms a splicing-dependent interaction with exon-product complexes. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:309-20 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate that DEK, together with SR proteins, associates with the SRm160 splicing coactivator in vitro...
- Wagner S, Chiosea S, Ivshina M, Nickerson J. In vitro FRAP reveals the ATP-dependent nuclear mobilization of the exon junction complex protein SRm160. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:843-50 pubmed..This assay reveals that SRm160, a splicing coactivator and component of the exon junction complex (EJC) involved in RNA export, has an adenosine ..
- Szymczyna B, Bowman J, McCracken S, Pineda Lucena A, Lu Y, Cox B, et al. Structure and function of the PWI motif: a novel nucleic acid-binding domain that facilitates pre-mRNA processing. Genes Dev. 2003;17:461-75 pubmedThe PWI motif is a highly conserved domain of unknown function in the SRm160 splicing and 3'-end cleavage-stimulatory factor, as well as in several other known or putative pre-mRNA processing components...
- Lykke Andersen J, Shu M, Steitz J. Communication of the position of exon-exon junctions to the mRNA surveillance machinery by the protein RNPS1. Science. 2001;293:1836-9 pubmed..Significantly, RNPS1 triggers NMD when tethered to the 3' untranslated region of beta-globin mRNA, demonstrating its role as a subunit of the postsplicing complex directly involved in mRNA surveillance...
- Masuda S, Das R, Cheng H, Hurt E, Dorman N, Reed R. Recruitment of the human TREX complex to mRNA during splicing. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1512-7 pubmed
- Wang H, Lin W, Dyck J, Yeakley J, Songyang Z, Cantley L, et al. SRPK2: a differentially expressed SR protein-specific kinase involved in mediating the interaction and localization of pre-mRNA splicing factors in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:737-50 pubmed..Together, our studies suggest that different SRPK family members may be uniquely regulated and targeted, thereby contributing to splicing regulation in different tissues, during development, or in response to signaling. ..
- Lejeune F, Ishigaki Y, Li X, Maquat L. The exon junction complex is detected on CBP80-bound but not eIF4E-bound mRNA in mammalian cells: dynamics of mRNP remodeling. EMBO J. 2002;21:3536-45 pubmed..Consistent with this evidence, we demonstrate that RNPS1, Y14, SRm160, REF/Aly, TAP, Upf3X and Upf2 are detected in the nuclear fraction on CBP80-bound but not eIF4E-bound mRNA...
- Cheng C, Sharp P. Regulation of CD44 alternative splicing by SRm160 and its potential role in tumor cell invasion. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:362-70 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that SRm160, a splicing coactivator, regulates CD44 alternative splicing in a Ras-dependent manner...
- Wilson K, Fortes P, Singh U, Ohno M, Mattaj I, Cerione R. The nuclear cap-binding complex is a novel target of growth factor receptor-coupled signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4166-73 pubmed..Taken together, these data identify the CBC as a nuclear target for growth factor-coupled signal transduction and suggest novel mechanisms by which growth factors can influence gene expression and cell growth. ..
- Meissner M, Lopato S, Gotzmann J, Sauermann G, Barta A. Proto-oncoprotein TLS/FUS is associated to the nuclear matrix and complexed with splicing factors PTB, SRm160, and SR proteins. Exp Cell Res. 2003;283:184-95 pubmed..that, in addition to the SR proteins SC35 and SRp75, the splicing factor PTB (hnRNPI) and the splicing coactivator SRm160 are complexed with TLS/FUS, thus explaining the inability to restore splicing completely...
- Beckwith E, Hernando C, Polcowñuk S, Bertolin A, Mancini E, Ceriani M, et al. Rhythmic Behavior Is Controlled by the SRm160 Splicing Factor in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2017;207:593-607 pubmed publisher..of gene expression in a null mutant of the alternative splicing regulator SR-related matrix protein of 160 kDa (SRm160) revealed the extent to which alternative splicing impacts on behavior-related genes...
- Szymczyna B, Pineda Lucena A, Mills J, Szyperski T, Arrowsmith C. 1H, 13C, and 15N resonance assignments and secondary structure of the PWI domain from SRm160 using reduced dimensionality NMR. J Biomol NMR. 2002;22:299-300 pubmed
- Guo R, Zheng L, Park J, Lv R, Chen H, Jiao F, et al. BS69/ZMYND11 reads and connects histone H3.3 lysine 36 trimethylation-decorated chromatin to regulated pre-mRNA processing. Mol Cell. 2014;56:298-310 pubmed publisher..3K36me3-specific reader and a regulator of IR and reveals that BS69 connects histone H3.3K36me3 to regulated RNA splicing, providing significant, important insights into chromatin regulation of pre-mRNA processing. ..