Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRPX
Description: sushi-repeat containing protein, X-linked
Alias: DRS, ETX1, SRPX1, sushi repeat-containing protein SRPX, sushi-repeat-containing protein, X chromosome, sushi-repeat-containing protein, X-linked
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- A gene (SRPX) encoding a sushi-repeat-containing protein is deleted in patients with X-linked retinitis pigmentosaA Meindl
Abteilung Padiatrische Genetik, Kinderpoliklik der Ludwig Maximilians Unversitat Munchen
Hum Mol Genet 4:2339-46. 1995..The gene termed SRPX (sushi-repeat-containing protein, x chromosome) is deleted in an RP patient who also suffers from chronic ..
- Identification of a novel gene, ETX1 from Xp21.1, a candidate gene for X-linked retintis pigmentosa (RP3)K L Dry
M R C Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburg, UK
Hum Mol Genet 4:2347-53. 1995..Northern analysis showed ETX1 expression within the retina and heart with lower levels in several other tissues...
- Calcium channel antagonists: friend or foe in postinfarction patients?R S Gibson
University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:172S-176S. 1996..On the contrary, data pooled from homogeneous populations of post-MI patients from DRS, MDPIT, DAVIT-I, and DAVIT-II indicate that clinical outcomes are favorably influenced in patients recovering from ..
- Blood stasis contributions to the perception of skin pigmentationGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:315-22. 2004..Evaluations included diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) and clinical assessment of the erythema and the pigment reaction...
- Two novel mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in Brazilian patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and normal olfactionE M Costa
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento e Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42, da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 01060 970, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2680-6. 2001..A novel missense mutation, Arg(139)His, located in the conserved DRS motif at the junction of the third transmembrane and the second intracellular loop of the GnRH receptor was ..
- [Recent progress in mycobacteriology]Masaji Okada
Clinical Research Center, National Hospital Organization Kinki chuo Chest Medical Center, Japan
Kekkaku 82:783-99. 2007..b>Drs. Maeda and Murase have reported that the 12-locus VNTR analysis is very useful for molecular epidemiology of M...
- Determinants of hospital utilization: the situation in Israel and selected countriesJ Benbassat
JDC Brookdale Institute, Health Policy Research Program, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 2:833-7. 2000..Although this proportion remained stable over the last decade, hospital discharge rates per 1,000 population increased, while hospitalization days per 1,000 population and average length of stay declined...
- Screening for trisomy 18 by maternal age, fetal nuchal translucency, free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin and pregnancy-associated plasma protein-AK O Kagan
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 32:488-92. 2008....
- Amantadine to improve neurorecovery in traumatic brain injury-associated diffuse axonal injury: a pilot double-blind randomized trialJay M Meythaler
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spain Rehabilitation Center R157, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 619 6th Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35249 7330, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 17:300-13. 2002..Because of its affect on both dopamine and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) channels, amantadine has been the subject of considerable interest and clinical use in acute TBI...
- Diagnosing cochlear dead regions in childrenAlicja N Malicka
School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ear Hear 31:238-46. 2010..The presence of a DR can have a significant effect on the perception of speech. People with and without DRs may differ in the benefit obtained from amplification and require different hearing aid settings...
- Utilization of library outreach services by dental school alumni, 1988-1998A M Corry
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Dentistry, 650 E 25th St, Kansas City, MO 64108 2784, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 132:76-82. 2001..of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Library outreach service includes the Dental Reference Service, or DRS; Loansome Doc service, Career Opportunity Center, or COC; and the Instructional Resources Library, or IRL...
- The broadening application of chemodenervation in X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (Part II): an open-label experience with botulinum toxin-A (Dysport®) injections for oromandibular, lingual, and truncal-axial dystoniasRaymond L Rosales
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Int J Neurosci 121:44-56. 2011..Outcomes measures included: the global dystonia rating scale (DRS) and pain visual analog scale (VAS) reduction at week 4; duration of BoNT-A effects; and, side effect profile...
- Effect of discontinuing cholinesterase inhibitor therapy on behavioral and mood symptoms in nursing home patients with dementiaLori A Daiello
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:74-83. 2009..Cholinesterase inhibitors (CHEIs) ameliorate some types of behavioral symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease. However, there has been little previous study of the outcomes associated with discontinuing these medications...
- Dose-response implications of the University of Alabama study of lymphohematopoietic cancer among workers exposed to 1,3-butadiene and styrene in the synthetic rubber industryR L Sielken
Sielken and Associates Consulting Inc, Suite 230, 3833 Texas Avenue, Bryan, TX 77802, USA
Chem Biol Interact 135:637-51. 2001..These estimates are based on the most recent human epidemiologic data developed by Drs Delzell and Macaluso and their colleagues at the University of Alabama at Birmingham...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with denture-related stomatitis in healthy subjects attending a dental teaching hospital in North JordanZiad Nawaf Al-Dwairi
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Ir Dent Assoc 54:80-3. 2008There is scant information regarding the prevalence of denture-related stomatitis (DRS) in Jordan.
- Visible-light-induced photocatalysis through surface plasmon excitation of gold on titania surfacesEwa Kowalska
Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University, North 21, West 10, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:2344-55. 2010..The gold-modified titania (Au/TiO(2)) powders were characterized by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS), field-emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), scanning transmission microscopy (STEM) and X-ray powder ..
- Giant cell fibroblastoma: an update and addition of 86 new cases from the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, in honor of Dr. Franz M. EnzingerPrakash Jha
Department of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:81-8. 2007A quarter of a century ago at the International Academy of Pathology in Boston, Mass, Drs Enzinger and Shmookler's seminal abstract on giant cell fibroblastoma (GCF) included 20 GCFs on the back and thigh of mostly male children...
- Mammary uptake, portal-drained visceral flux, and hepatic metabolism of free and peptide-bound amino acids in cows fed steam-flaked or dry-rolled sorghum grain dietsH Tagari
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Dairy Sci 91:679-97. 2008..Cows were fed an alfalfa-based total mixed ration containing 40% steam-flaked (SFS) or dry-rolled (DRS) sorghum grain. The total mixed rations were offered at 12-h intervals in a crossover design...
- Neuropsychological testing in skilled nursing facilities: the failure to confirm diagnoses of dementiaIrwin J Mansdorf
Park Avenue Medical Associates, White Plains, NY 10601, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:271-4. 2008..To investigate to what degree dementia diagnoses of record in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) are supported by objective neuropsychological testing data...
- Diazepam-binding inhibitor-related protein 1: a candidate autoantigen in acquired aplastic anemia patients harboring a minor population of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria-type cellsXingmin Feng
Cellular Transplantation Biology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Blood 104:2425-31. 2004..from a leukemia cell line with serum of an AA patient and identified diazepam-binding inhibitor-related protein 1 (DRS-1). Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) revealed high titers of anti-DRS-1 antibodies (DRS-1 Abs) in 27 (38...
- Functional and morphologic evaluation of congenital urinary tract dilatation by using combined static-dynamic MR urography: findings in kidneys with a single collecting systemWiltrud K Rohrschneider
Dept of Pediatric Radiology, Radiological Clinic, Univ of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 153, Germany
Radiology 224:683-94. 2002..To assess combined static-dynamic magnetic resonance (MR) urography in the evaluation of congenital urinary tract dilatation in infants and children...
- Reduction of disinfectant bactericidal activities in clinically isolated Acinetobacter species in the presence of organic materialKumiko Kawamura-Sato
Department of Medical Technology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Health Science, 1 1 20 Daiko Minami, Higashi ku, Nagoya 461 8673, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:568-76. 2008....
- Involvement of cyclic GMP and protein kinase G in the regulation of apoptosis and survival in neural cellsRonald R Fiscus
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Epithelial Cell Biology Research Center, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Neurosignals 11:175-90. 2002..The pioneering research into the NO/cGMP/PKG pathway in blood vessels conducted by the laboratories of Drs. Ferid Murad, Louis Ignarro and Robert Furchgott ultimately led to the awarding of the 1998 Nobel Prize in ..
- Origin and evolution of 3'UTR of flaviviruses: long direct repeats as a basis for the formation of secondary structures and their significance for virus transmissionT S Gritsun
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Oxford, 0X1 3SR, United Kingdom
Adv Virus Res 69:203-48. 2007..3'UTRs) of flaviviruses are reviewed and analyzed in relation to short sequences conserved as direct repeats (DRs)...
- The role of Candida albicans hyphae and Lactobacillus in denture-related stomatitisHakan Bilhan
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Istanbul University, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Oral Investig 13:363-8. 2009Denture-related stomatitis (DRS) is still a dilemma in removable prosthodontics. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship of DRS with the presence of Candida albicans hyphae and Lactobacillus...
- Direct repeats in the 3' untranslated regions of mosquito-borne flaviviruses: possible implications for virus transmissionT S Gritsun
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
J Gen Virol 87:3297-305. 2006Direct repeats (DRs) of 20-45 nucleotide conserved sequences (CS) and repeated CS (RCS), separated by non-conserved sequences up to 100 nucleotides long, were previously described in the 3' untranslated region (3'UTR) of the three major ..
- Children and young adults in a prolonged unconscious state after severe brain injury: long-term functional outcome as measured by the DRS and the GOSE after early intensive neurorehabilitationH J Eilander
Rehabilitation Centre Leijpark Division Research, Project VLB NAH, Tilburg
Brain Inj 21:53-61. 2007..to differentiate between traumatic brain injury (TBI) and non-traumatic brain injury (nTBI); and to compare the results on two different outcome scales: the Disability Rating Scale (DRS) and the Glasgow Outcome Scale Extended (GOSE).
- Inhibition of protein tyrosine/mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase activity is associated with D2 dopamine receptor supersensitivity in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseXuechu Zhen
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:1356-63. 2002Previous work demonstrated that stimulation of D(2) dopamine receptors (D(2)DRs) in the unilaterally 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA)-lesioned rat enhanced striatal extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activity ipsilateral to the lesion...
- Information contents of drug advertisements: an Indian experienceA Lal
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, Shahdara, Delhi, India
Ann Pharmacother 32:1234-8. 1998..To critically analyze the drug information contained in Indian pharmaceutical advertisements...
- Interobserver variation in cervical cancer tumor delineation for image-based radiotherapy planning among and within different specialtiesDee H Wu
Radiological Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 6:106-10. 2005Radiation therapy for cervical cancer involves a team of specialists, including diagnostic radiologists (DRs), radiation oncologists (ROs), and medical physicists (MPs), to optimize imaging-based radiation therapy planning...
- Reliability and sensitivity to change of measurement instruments used in a traumatic brain injury populationB van Baalen
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Rehabil 20:686-700. 2006....
- Serum concentration of chlormethiazole and therapeutic effect in acute alcohol withdrawal syndrome: an open clinical trialSven Ulrich
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 24:446-54. 2002..clinical status of patients was rated by the Mainz Alcohol Withdrawal Scale (MAWS) and the Delirium Rating Scale (DRS). Chlormethiazole concentration was measured by gas-liquid chromatography...
- An update on plexiform fibrohistiocytic tumor and addition of 66 new cases from the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, in honor of Franz M. Enzinger, MDChristopher Moosavi
Department of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:313-9. 2007The seminal article of Drs Franz Enzinger and Renyuan Zhang in 1988 defined plexiform fibrohistiocytic tumor (PFHT) as a distinctive entity...
- Empirical methods to calculate an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent dose conversion ratio in nondialyzed patients with chronic kidney diseaseJeffrey Horowitz
Truesdale Clinic, 1030 President Ave, Fall River, MA 02720, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 15:741-50. 2009..b>DRs reported in the literature range from 217:1 to 287:1 epoetin alfa (Units [U]):darbepoetin alfa (micrograms [..
- Dynamical characterization of a cellulose acetate polysaccharideMiriam Sousa
REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Phys Chem B 114:10939-53. 2010..Detailed dynamical information is provided by dielectric relaxation spectroscopy (DRS) (10(-1)-10(6) Hz) for cellulose acetate (CA) in the sub-T(g) region below ambient temperature; results were ..
- Assessment of long-term activity limitations and participation restrictions of persons with traumatic brain injury using the disability rating scaleMartina Varjabić
Department for Neurological Rehabilitation, Special Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation Krapinske Toplice, Krapinske Toplice, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:157-64. 2010..and again three to five years after the completion of hospital treatment to assess the disability rating scale (DRS)...
- Influence of dry-rolling and tempering agent addition during the steam-flaking of sorghum grain on its feeding value for feedlot cattleR A Zinn
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Anim Sci 86:916-22. 2008Two experiments were conducted to evaluate the influence of dry-rolling (DRS) and tempering agent (TA) addition during the steam-flaking of grain sorghum (SFS) for feedlot cattle...
- Delirium in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJesse R Fann
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 95:1971-81. 2002....
- [Validation of the German Diabetes Risk Score with metabolic risk factors for type 2 diabetes]M B Schulze
Abteilung Epidemiologie, Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung Potsdam Rehbrücke
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:878-83. 2008The German Diabetes Risk Score (DRS) was developed at the German Institute of Human Nutrition from data of the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC-Potsdam) in order to estimate the 5-year probability of ..
- Haloperidol prophylaxis for elderly hip-surgery patients at risk for delirium: a randomized placebo-controlled studyKees J Kalisvaart
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Medical Center Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1658-66. 2005..To study the effectiveness of haloperidol prophylaxis on incidence, severity, and duration of postoperative delirium in elderly hip-surgery patients at risk for delirium...
- Predictors of short-term outcome in brain-injured patients with disorders of consciousnessJ Whyte
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Prog Brain Res 177:63-72. 2009..VS) and minimally conscious state (MCS) after brain injury as measured by the widely used Disability Rating Scale (DRS) and to explore differences in rate of recovery and predictors of recovery during inpatient rehabilitation in ..
- Risperidone in the treatment of delirium: results from a prospective open-label trialDinesh Mittal
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:662-7. 2004..Effective treatment is necessary to reverse delirium and prevent potentially serious consequences...
- Promotion of angiogenesis by ps20 in the differential reactive stroma prostate cancer xenograft modelStephanie J McAlhany
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:5859-65. 2003..The differential reactive stroma (DRS) prostate cancer xenograft model has been developed to investigate the role of reactive stroma in prostate cancer ..
- Sequential and contingent prenatal screening for Down syndromeNicholas J Wald
Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and The London Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Prenat Diagn 26:769-77. 2006....
- [Not Available]A Zarranz
Ateneo de Historia de la Medicina de Buenos Aires
Rev Museo Fac Odontol B Aires 14:6-9. 1999There is a reference to the professional collaboration performed by Drs. Etchepareborda and Llobet...
- Improvement of differentiation and interpretability of spoligotyping for Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates by introduction of new spacer oligonucleotidesA G M Van Der Zanden
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Gelre Hospitals, Location Lukas, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 40:4628-39. 2002..repeat (DR) region in Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains is composed of multiple well-conserved 36-bp DRs interspersed with nonrepetitive DNA spacer sequences of similar size...
- Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic activities of boron- and cerium-codoped TiO2Chao Hai Wei
Institute of Environmental Science, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
J Environ Sci (China) 19:90-6. 2007..XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), particle size distribution (PSD), diffuse reflectance spectra (DRS), and Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET)...
- Evaluation of an aided TEN test for diagnosis of dead regions in the cochleaJosephine Marriage
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Ear Hear 29:392-400. 2008..results for the original version of the threshold equalizing noise [TEN(HL)] test for diagnosis of dead regions (DRs) in the cochlea, using stimuli presented via headphones, with results for an aided version of the test, the ATEN ..
- Lipid reorganization induced by membrane-active peptides probed using differential scanning calorimetryPierre Joanne
UPMC Univ Paris 06, FRE 2852 Peptidome de la Peau d Amphibiens, Paris F 75005, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1772-81. 2009..Two CPPs (Penetratin and RL16) and AMPs belonging to the dermaseptin superfamily (Drs B2 and C-terminal truncated analog [1-23]-Drs B2 and two plasticins DRP-PBN2 and DRP-PD36KF) were selected...
- Pinin/DRS/memA interacts with SRp75, SRm300 and SRrp130 in corneal epithelial cellsGrazyna Zimowska
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4715-23. 2003Pinin (Pnn/DRS/memA) is a cell-adhesion-related and nuclear protein that has been identified as central in the establishment and maintenance of corneal epithelial cell-cell adhesion...
- Reconstruction of the portal and hepatic veins using venous grafts customized from the bilateral gonadal veinsYusuke Yamamoto
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:1115-21. 2009..Autologous venous grafts made from the bilateral gonadal veins (BGVs) have never been utilized or discussed...
- Clinimetric issues of screening for responsiveness to intrathecal baclofen in dystoniaJ J van Hilten
Department of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Neural Transm 106:931-41. 1999..In this study we address clinimetric issues that pertain to the screening of responsiveness to intrathecal baclofen (ITB) in dystonia...
- [A clinical analysis of sixty-seven cases with Duane's retraction syndrome]Xia Chen
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin 300040, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 41:812-6. 2005To analyze the clinical manifestations and the methods and effects of surgical management on Duane's Retraction Syndrome (DRS).
- Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31B Appukuttan
Division of Ophthalmology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 90027, USA
Am J Hum Genet 65:1639-46. 1999Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye-movement disorder characterized by a failure of cranial nerve VI (the abducens nerve) to develop normally, resulting in restriction or absence of abduction, restricted adduction, and ..
- Controversy. The use of selective nerve root blocks: diagnostic, therapeutic, or placebo?P J Slosar
SpineCare Medical Group, San Francisco Spine Institute, Daly City, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2253-6. 1998..b>Drs. Slosar and White argue that selective nerve root blocks are extremely useful; Dr Wetzel believes that selective ..
- Management of degenerative disc disease above an L5-S1 segment requiring arthrodesisH N Herkowitz
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1268-70. 1999..b>Drs. Herkowitz and Abraham believe strongly that the adjacent segment should be left alone, whereas Dr...
- Biomechanical testing of the spine. Load-controlled versus displacement-controlled analysisV K Goel
Iowa Spine Research Center, Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2354-7. 1995..Edwards believes that displacement-controlled testing most accurately reflects the in vivo environment, while Drs. Vijay Goel, David Wilder, and Malcolm Pope support the use of the load-controlled method as most logical and ..
- Para-aortic lymphadenectomy may improve disease-related survival in patients with multipositive pelvic lymph node stage IIIc endometrial cancerToshio Fujimoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 107:253-9. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine whether para-aortic lymphadenectomy improves disease-related survival (DRS) in stage IIIc endometrial cancer.
- ISOTT: roots, founding and beyondDuane Frederick Bruley
Synthesizer, Inc, Ellicott City, MD, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 614:1-8. 2008The International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue (ISOTT) was founded in April, 1973 by Drs. Duane F. Bruley and Haim I. Bicher. However, the roots of ISOTT go back to Drs. Christian Bohr and August Krogh. Dr...
- Nuclear Pnn/DRS protein binds to spliced mRNPs and participates in mRNA processing and export via interaction with RNPS1Chin Li
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 23:7363-76. 2003Pnn/DRS protein is associated with desmosomes and colocalizes with splicing factors in nuclear speckled domains...
- Distribution Patterns of E-Cadherin, Type VII Collagen and Fibronectin in Denture-Related Stomatitis: A Preliminary StudyPierre Le Bars
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculté de Chirurgie Dentaire Université de Nantes 1, Place Alexis Ricordeau 44042 Nantes, France
Open Dent J 6:14-22. 2012..were investigated immunohistochemically and compared in normal palatal mucosa and in denture-related stomatitis (DRS) derivatives using monoclonal antibodies...
- Diffuse near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy during heatstroke in a mouse model: pilot studyDavid Abookasis
Ariel University Center of Samaria, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Ariel 44837, Israel
J Biomed Opt 17:105009. 2012..The study presented was conducted with a diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) setup to assess the effects of brain dysfunction that occurred during heatstroke in mice model (n=6)...
- The direct repeat sequence upstream of Bacillus chitinase genes is cis-acting elements that negatively regulate heterologous expression in E. coliLiang Xiao
Key Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology and Technology, Ministry of Education, PR China
Enzyme Microb Technol 50:280-6. 2012To explore the influence of the direct repeat sequence (DRS) in Bacillus chitinase genes on heterogonous expression in Escherichia coli, we cloned and sequenced the entire open reading frame (ORF) and upstream sequences of the chitinase ..
- Probing the Electronic Structure and Photoactivation Process of Nitrogen-Doped TiO(2) Using DRS, PL, and EPRZizhong Zhang
Research Institute of Photocatalysis, State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Photocatalysis Fuzhou University, Fuzhou 350002 China
Chemphyschem 13:1542-50. 2012..Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS), photoluminescence (PL), and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) are employed to monitor the change of optical ..
- Duplication 8q12: confirmation of a novel recognizable phenotype with duane retraction syndrome and developmental delayCyril Amouroux
Département de Pédiatrie spécialisée, Unité de Néphrologie et Endocrinologie pédiatrique, CHRU Montpellier, Faculté de Médecine de Montpellier Nìmes, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Eur J Hum Genet 20:580-3. 2012Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a rare congenital strabismus condition with genetic heterogeneity...
- Influence of socio-demographic characteristics on DRS-2 performance in Spanish-speaking older adultsAdriana M Strutt
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 27:545-56. 2012..Spanish-speaking healthy controls (HCs) on the Spanish translation of the Dementia Rating Scale-Second edition (ST-DRS-2) and examined the classification accuracy of the ST-DRS-2 and Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) with an age- ..
- Portable optical fiber probe-based spectroscopic scanner for rapid cancer diagnosis: a new tool for intraoperative margin assessmentNiyom Lue
George R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30887. 2012..The tissue scanner combines both diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) and intrinsic fluorescence spectroscopy (IFS), and has hyperspectral imaging capability, acquiring full DRS and ..
- Delirium in elderly people: a study of a psychiatric liaison service in north IndiaSandeep Grover
Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int Psychogeriatr 24:117-27. 2012..The aim of the present study was to study the phenomenology as measured using the Delirium Rating Scale-Revised-98 (DRS-R98), the associated etiologies and the outcome of delirium among the elderly participants seen by the consultation-..
- ETX1 is over-expressed in the glaucomatous trabecular meshworkSaradha Iragavarapu
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Vis 15:2061-7. 2009To determine whether exon-trapped X chromosome clone 1 (ETX1) is overexpressed in the trabecular meshwork (TM) of glaucomatous human eyes compared to controls.
- Natural history of recovery from brain injury after prolonged disorders of consciousness: outcome of patients admitted to inpatient rehabilitation with 1-4 year follow-upDouglas I Katz
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Prog Brain Res 177:73-88. 2009..Further, patients with impaired consciousness are frequently denied access to hospital-based rehabilitation services because of uncertain prognosis and a perceived lack of benefit from rehabilitative interventions...
- Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy: Systemic and microvascular oxygen saturation is linearly correlated and hypoxia leads to increased spatial heterogeneity of microvascular saturationZ A Awan
Vascular Laboratory, Dept of Thoracic Surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Ulleval, Norway
Microvasc Res 81:245-51. 2011..in the skin and tongue (sublingual mucosa) in pigs (n=6) was characterised using diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS)...
- Cellular FLICE-inhibitory protein (cFLIP) isoforms block CD95- and TRAIL death receptor-induced gene induction irrespective of processing of caspase-8 or cFLIP in the death-inducing signaling complexShyam M Kavuri
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Laboratory for Experimental Dermatology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg 39120, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:16631-46. 2011Death receptors (DRs) induce apoptosis but also stimulate proinflammatory "non-apoptotic" signaling (e.g...
- Characterization of the gene encoding pinin/DRS/memA and evidence for its potential tumor suppressor functionY Shi
Department of Anatomy, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, FL 32610 0235, USA
Oncogene 19:289-97. 2000..Pinin/DRS/memA was first identified in our laboratory and it was shown to be a cell adhesion-related molecule...
- Effectiveness of voice therapy in reflux-related voice disordersK Vashani
Department of Audiology and Speech Therapy, BYL Nair Hospital and TN Medical College, Mumbai, India
Dis Esophagus 23:27-32. 2010..Speech software (version 4 1998; Tigers DRS, Inc). Hoarseness and breathiness of voice were assessed using a perceptual rating scale of 0-3...
- The drs tumor suppressor is involved in the maturation process of autophagy induced by low serumYukihiro Tambe
Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Department of Pathology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Setatsukinowa cho, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Cancer Lett 283:74-83. 2009The drs gene is an apoptosis-inducing tumor suppressor. Previously, we showed that drs contributes to the suppression of tumor formation by generating drs-knockout mice...
- Esophageal manometry and 24-h esophageal pH-metry in a large sample of patients with respiratory symptomsMirna da Mota Machado
Laboratório de Motilidade Digestiva, Santa Casa de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 34:1040-8. 2008..To determine the prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and to evaluate the esophageal motor profile of patients with respiratory symptoms referred to a digestive motility referral center for esophageal function testing...
- Dietary intake and sources of isoflavones among JapaneseK Wakai
Department of Preventive Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Nutr Cancer 33:139-45. 1999..intake and sources of isoflavones (daidzein and genistein) among Japanese subjects based on dietary records (DRs)...
- Phase transformations undergone by Triton X-100 probed by differential scanning calorimetry and dielectric relaxation spectroscopyEsther G Merino
REQUIMTE CQFB, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Caparica, Portugal
J Phys Chem B 115:12336-47. 2011..scanning calorimetry (DSC), polarized optical microscopy (POM), and dielectric relaxation spectroscopy (DRS). In particular, crystallization was induced at different cooling rates comprised between 13 and 0.5 K min(-1)...
- The BRAIN TRIAL: a randomised, placebo controlled trial of a Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist (Anatibant) in patients with traumatic brain injuryHaleema Shakur
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trials 10:109. 2009..We evaluated the safety and effectiveness of the non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist Anatibant in the treatment of patients with traumatic brain injury. During the course of the trial, funding was withdrawn by the sponsor...
- A Chinese diabetes risk score for screening of undiagnosed diabetes and abnormal glucose toleranceMin Liu
Department of Endocrinology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:501-7. 2011This study is aimed at developing and evaluating a diabetes risk score (DRS) to predict incident diabetes and screen for undiagnosed diabetes and abnormal glucose tolerance in the Chinese population.
- TiO2 nanoparticles co-doped with silver and nitrogen for antibacterial applicationYali Yuan
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, RP China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 10:4868-74. 2010..TEM), Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and UV-Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (UV-Vis-DRs). The XRD spectra showed that all samples were anatase structure calcined at 450 degrees C for 3 hours...
- Performance of disease risk scores, propensity scores, and traditional multivariable outcome regression in the presence of multiple confoundersPatrick G Arbogast
Department of Biostatistics, S 2323 Medical Center North, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 2158, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:613-20. 2011..Another type of summary score, the disease risk score (DRS), which estimates disease probability conditional on nonexposure, has also been suggested...
- Primary afferent terminals acting as excitatory interneurons contribute to spontaneous motor activities in the immature spinal cordRémi Bos
Laboratoire Plasticité et Physio Pathologie de la Motricité, UMR 6196, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, and Aix Marseille Universite, F 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Neurosci 31:10184-8. 2011..However, rhythmic discharges mediated by the activation of GABA(A) receptors are recorded from dorsal roots (DRs)...
- Pelota interacts with HAX1, EIF3G and SRPX and the resulting protein complexes are associated with the actin cytoskeletonOzanna Burnicka-Turek
Institute of Human Genetics, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Cell Biol 11:28. 2010..Further, PELO-deficient mice die early during gastrulation due to defects in cell proliferation and/or differentiation...
- The Delirium Rating Scale. Its use in consultation-liaison researchP T Trzepacz
University of Mississippi Medical School, Jackson, USA
Psychosomatics 40:193-204. 1999..This article reviews the literature about the Delirium Rating Scale (DRS), the most widely used scale to assess delirium that has been translated into at least seven other languages...
- Independent evaluation of a commercial deconvolution reporting software for gas chromatography mass spectrometry analysis of pesticide residues in fruits and vegetablesHans Ragnar Norli
Norwegian Institute for Agricultural and Environmental Research, Plant Health and Plant Protection Division, Pesticide Chemistry Section, Høgskoleveien 7, N 1432 As, Norway
J Chromatogr A 1217:2056-64. 2010The gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS) deconvolution reporting software (DRS) from Agilent Technologies has been evaluated for its ability as a screening tool to detect a large number of pesticides in incurred and fortified ..
- [The impact of sedentary lifestyle on risk factors for cardiovascular disease among Japanese young women]Yoko Furukawa
School of Natural Science and Ecological Awareness, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Nara Women s University
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 56:839-48. 2009....
- Tantalum (oxy)nitrides: preparation, characterisation and enhancement of photo-Fenton-like degradation of atrazine under visible lightYingxun Du
Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, State Key Laboratory of Lake Science and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing 210008, China
J Hazard Mater 195:291-7. 2011..The samples were characterized by XRD, XPS, DRS and BET analyses...
- The DR1 and DR6 first exons of human herpesvirus 6A are not required for virus replication in culture and are deleted in virus stocks that replicate well in T-cell linesRonen Borenstein
The S Daniel Abraham Institute for Molecular Virology and the Department of Cell Research and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 61390, Israel
J Virol 84:2648-56. 2010..Surprisingly, HHV-6A BACs and their parental DNAs were found to contain short approximately 2.7-kb DRs. To test whether DR shortening occurred during passaging in CBMCs or in the SupT1 T-cell line, we compared packaged ..
- Duane's retraction syndrome: a retrospective review from Kathmandu, NepalGauri Shankar Shrestha
B P Koirala Lions Centre for Ophthalmic Studies, Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Clin Exp Optom 95:19-27. 2012The aim was to study the clinical characteristics of Duane's retraction syndrome (DRS) in Nepalese patients.
- Histological and clinical study of eyes with true exfoliation and a double-ring sign on the anterior lens capsuleYumiko Yamamoto
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Can J Ophthalmol 44:657-62. 2009To investigate the histological and clinical relation between eyes with true exfoliation (TEX) and a double-ring sign (DRS).
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibition in dementia with Lewy bodies: results of a prospective pilot trialH W Querfurth
Department of Neurology at St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 11:314-21. 2000..This preliminary trial seeks to compare performances in cognitive tasks before and after tacrine administration in DLB and AD subjects...
- Alzheimer disease with cerebrovascular disease and vascular dementia: clinical features and course compared with Alzheimer diseaseA Bruandet
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:133-9. 2009..Little is known about the progression of either VaD or AD+CVD. The aim of this study was to compare demographic features, cognitive decline and survival of patients with VaD, AD+CVD and AD alone attending a memory clinic...
- Comparing functional status and community integration in severe penetrating and motor vehicle-related brain injuriesJeffrey C Wertheimer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:1983-90. 2008..To examine the functional status of persons surviving a severe penetrating traumatic brain injury (TBI) resulting from a gunshot wound who require inpatient rehabilitation...
- De novo genesis of neuropsychiatric symptoms in mild cognitive impairment (MCI)Yonas E Geda
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 16:51-60. 2004..There is inadequate information regarding the neuropsychiatric aspect of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)...
- Duane retraction syndrome: MRI features in two casesD Denis
Department of Ophthalmology, North s Hospital, Marseille, France
J Neuroradiol 34:137-40. 2007Neuroimaging findings in Duane's retraction syndrome (DRS), through magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), suggest that aplasia of the abducens nerve (VI) can be responsible for several forms of DRS.
- Magnetic resonance imaging evidence for widespread orbital dysinnervation in dominant Duane's retraction syndrome linked to the DURS2 locusJoseph L Demer
Department of Ophthalmology, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7002, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:194-202. 2007High-resolution, multipositional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was used to demonstrate extraocular muscles (EOMs) and associated motor nerves in Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) linked to the DURS2 locus on chromosome 2.
- Tumor prone phenotype of mice deficient in a novel apoptosis-inducing gene, drsYukihiro Tambe
Department of Microbiology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Setatsukinowa cho, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Carcinogenesis 28:777-84. 2007The drs gene was originally isolated as a suppressor of v-src transformation...
- Pain during mammography: impact of breast pathologies and demographic factorsR Gupta
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 12:180-3. 2003..The aim of this study was to systematically assess the pain experienced by patients undergoing mammography for various clinical presentations...
- Prevalence and risk factors of disk-related sciatica in an urban population in TunisiaMohamed Younes
Service de Rhumatologie, EPS de Monastir, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Joint Bone Spine 73:538-42. 2006Disk-related sciatica (DRS) creates a public health burden because of its high incidence and considerable socioeconomic costs...
- Construct and concurrent validity of the Dementia Rating Scale-2 Alternate FormKara S Schmidt
Center for Aging, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:646-54. 2006The Dementia Rating Scale-2: Alternate Form (DRS-2: AF) was developed by Schmidt (2004) for use in serial neuropsychological assessments with the original DRS-2 (Jurica, Leitten, & Mattis, 2001)...
- Impact of Antibiotics and Vaccines on the in vivo Evolution of S. pneumoniaeGarth Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Drs. Ehrlich andHuhavebeen collaborators for many years and the have been working with ODr...
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY TRAINING GRANTHarry Koo; Fiscal Year: 2003..in the following areas of research: molecular mechanisms of injury and repair of progressive renal diseases (Drs. J. Chan, Scheinman; growth failure and growth hormone secretion and female reproductive functions in uremia (Drs...
- Resequencing microarray for rapid detection & antimicrobial resistance profilingSusan Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Drs. Andersen, Brodie and DeSantis of LBNL have created a number of microarrays e.g...
- Training in Lung Modular and Cell PathobiologyJoseph Lasky; Fiscal Year: 2007..by Tulane to improve and modernize the lung research activities into the areas of cell and molecular pathobiology Drs. Mitchell Friedman (Principal Investigator) and Arnold Brody (Co-Principal Investigator) were recruited to Tulane ..
- High-Speed, Depth-Resolved Images of Cardiac physiologyGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Drs. Alan Waggoner (at Carnegie-Mellon University, Director of the Center for Light Microscope Imaging and ..