Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRP9
Description: signal recognition particle 9
Alias: ALURBP, signal recognition particle 9 kDa protein, signal recognition particle 9kD, signal recognition particle 9kDa
- Ohi K, Shimada T, Yasuyama T, Kimura K, Uehara T, Kawasaki Y. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of genes around nine neuroticism-associated loci. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;77:164-171 pubmed publisher..The spatial expression analysis revealed that the nearest genes (GRIK3, SRP9, KLHL2, PTPRD, ELAVL2, CRHR1 and CELF4) from index single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at the nine loci were ..
- Rho J, Qin S, Wang J, Roehrl M. Proteomic expression analysis of surgical human colorectal cancer tissues: up-regulation of PSB7, PRDX1, and SRP9 and hypoxic adaptation in cancer. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:2959-72 pubmed publisher..hemoglobin alpha subunit (HBA), peroxiredoxin-1 (PRDX1), argininosuccinate synthase (ASSY), and signal recognition particle 9 kDa protein (SRP9)...
- Maity T, Leonard C, Rose M, Fried H, Weeks K. Compartmentalization directs assembly of the signal recognition particle. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14955-64 pubmed..Our findings emphasize that spatial compartmentalization provides an additional level of regulation that prevents competition among components and can function to promote native assembly of the eukaryotic SRP. ..
- Piazzon N, Schlotter F, Lefebvre S, Dodré M, Mereau A, Soret J, et al. Implication of the SMN complex in the biogenesis and steady state level of the signal recognition particle. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1255-72 pubmed publisher..Our data show that reduced levels of the SMN protein lead to defect in SRP steady-state level and describe the SMN complex as the first identified cellular factor required for SRP biogenesis. ..
- Su Z, Kang D, Chen Y, Pekarskaya O, Chao W, Volsky D, et al. Identification of gene products suppressed by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection or gp120 exposure of primary human astrocytes by rapid subtraction hybridization. J Neurovirol. 2003;9:372-89 pubmed
- Hsu K, Chang D, Maraia R. Human signal recognition particle (SRP) Alu-associated protein also binds Alu interspersed repeat sequence RNAs. Characterization of human SRP9. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10179-86 pubmed..This region of 7SL RNA together with 9- and 14-kDa polypeptides (SRP9/14) regulates translational elongation of ribosomes engaged by SRP...
- Ivanova E, Berger A, Scherrer A, Alkalaeva E, Strub K. Alu RNA regulates the cellular pool of active ribosomes by targeted delivery of SRP9/14 to 40S subunits. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:2874-87 pubmed publisher..Their expression is upregulated following stress and viral infection, and they associate with the SRP9/14 protein dimer in the cytoplasm forming Alu RNPs...
- Gold M, Fresco J. A Role for the Mutagenic DNA Self-Catalyzed Depurination Mechanism in the Evolution of 7SL-Derived RNAs. J Mol Evol. 2017;85:84-98 pubmed publisher..intermediates, the same self-depurination sequence overlaps motifs necessary for successful transcription and SRP9/14 (signal recognition particle) binding; hence, mutations in this region could disrupt RNA activity...
- Strub K, Walter P. Assembly of the Alu domain of the signal recognition particle (SRP): dimerization of the two protein components is required for efficient binding to SRP RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:777-84 pubmed..This function is carried out by the Alu domain, which consists of two proteins, SRP9 and SRP14, and the portion of SRP (7SL) RNA which is homologous to the Alu family of repetitive sequences...
- Bovia F, Bui N, Strub K. The heterodimeric subunit SRP9/14 of the signal recognition particle functions as permuted single polypeptide chain. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:2028-35 pubmed..The 9 kD (SRP9) and the 14 kD (SRP14) subunits of SRP are required to confer elongation arrest activity to the particle...