Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRP19
Description: signal recognition particle 19
Alias: signal recognition particle 19 kDa protein, signal recognition particle 19kD, signal recognition particle 19kDa
- Groden J, Thliveris A, Samowitz W, Carlson M, Gelbert L, Albertsen H, et al. Identification and characterization of the familial adenomatous polyposis coli gene. Cell. 1991;66:589-600 pubmed..DNA from 61 unrelated patients with adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) was examined for mutations in three genes (DP1, SRP19, and DP2.5) located within a 100 kb region deleted in two of the patients...
- Wang T, Tian C, Zhang W, Luo K, Sarkis P, Yu L, et al. 7SL RNA mediates virion packaging of the antiviral cytidine deaminase APOBEC3G. J Virol. 2007;81:13112-24 pubmed..Reducing 7SL RNA packaging by overexpression of SRP19 proteins inhibited 7SL RNA and A3G virion packaging and impaired its antiviral function...
- Becker M, Lapouge K, Segnitz B, Wild K, Sinning I. Structures of human SRP72 complexes provide insights into SRP RNA remodeling and ribosome interaction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:470-481 pubmed publisher..protein-binding domain (PBD) in complex with SRP72-PBD and of the SRP72-RBD bound to the SRP S domain (SRP RNA, SRP19 and SRP68) detailing all interactions of SRP72 within SRP...
- Wang Q, Duan F, Liu P, Wang P, Wang M. Expression of anti-SRP19 antibody in muscle tissues from patients with autoimmune necrotizing myopathy. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisherThis study aimed to investigate the role of anti-SRP19 antibody in muscle tissues of patients with autoimmune necrotizing myopathy...
- Grotwinkel J, Wild K, Segnitz B, Sinning I. SRP RNA remodeling by SRP68 explains its role in protein translocation. Science. 2014;344:101-4 pubmed publisher..the crystal structures of the RNA-binding domain of SRP68 (SRP68-RBD) alone and in complex with SRP RNA and SRP19. SRP68-RBD is a tetratricopeptide-like module that binds to a RNA three-way junction, bends the RNA, and inserts ..
- Piazzon N, Schlotter F, Lefebvre S, Dodré M, Mereau A, Soret J, et al. Implication of the SMN complex in the biogenesis and steady state level of the signal recognition particle. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1255-72 pubmed publisher..Our data show that reduced levels of the SMN protein lead to defect in SRP steady-state level and describe the SMN complex as the first identified cellular factor required for SRP biogenesis. ..
- Wild K, Bange G, Bozkurt G, Segnitz B, Hendricks A, Sinning I. Structural insights into the assembly of the human and archaeal signal recognition particles. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:295-303 pubmed publisher..The two helices are juxtaposed and clamped together upon binding of the SRP19 protein to their apices...
- Yoshida M, Kabe Y, Wada T, Asai A, Handa H. A new mechanism of 6-((2-(dimethylamino)ethyl)amino)-3-hydroxy-7H-indeno(2,1-c)quinolin-7-one dihydrochloride (TAS-103) action discovered by target screening with drug-immobilized affinity beads. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:987-94 pubmed..The results revealed that TAS-103 disrupts SRP complex formation and reduces the amount of SRP14 and SRP19. TAS-103 treatment and RNAi-mediated knockdown of SRP54 or SRP14 promoted accumulation of the exogenously ..
- Maity T, Weeks K. A threefold RNA-protein interface in the signal recognition particle gates native complex assembly. J Mol Biol. 2007;369:512-24 pubmed..The SRP19 protein is unstructured but forms a compact core domain and two extended RNA-binding loops upon binding the signal ..
- Volik S, Raphael B, Huang G, Stratton M, Bignel G, Murnane J, et al. Decoding the fine-scale structure of a breast cancer genome and transcriptome. Genome Res. 2006;16:394-404 pubmed..Given these properties, ESP could play an important role in a tumor genome project. ..
- Dean K, von Ahsen O, Gorlich D, Fried H. Signal recognition particle protein 19 is imported into the nucleus by importin 8 (RanBP8) and transportin. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3479-85 pubmed..Here we show that the 19 kDa protein subunit of mammalian SRP, SRP19, was efficiently imported into the nucleus in vitro by two members of the importin beta superfamily of transport ..
- Lingelbach K, Zwieb C, Webb J, Marshallsay C, Hoben P, Walter P, et al. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone encoding the 19 kDa protein of signal recognition particle (SRP): expression and binding to 7SL RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:9431-42 pubmed..We have isolated and characterized cDNA clones from human liver which encode the 19kDa protein subunit (SRP19)...
- Joslyn G, Carlson M, Thliveris A, Albertsen H, Gelbert L, Samowitz W, et al. Identification of deletion mutations and three new genes at the familial polyposis locus. Cell. 1991;66:601-13 pubmed..One of the new genes contained sequence identical to SRP19, the gene coding for the 19 kd component of the ribosomal signal recognition particle...