Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRD5A2
Description: steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2 (3-oxo-5 alpha-steroid delta 4-dehydrogenase alpha 2)
Alias: 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase 2, 5 alpha-SR2, S5AR 2, SR type 2, steroid 5-alpha-reductase 2, type II 5-alpha reductase
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- GEN GEN: the genomic genetic analysis of androgen-metabolic genes and prostate cancer as a paradigm for the dissection of complex phenotypesJ K Reichardt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, USC School of Medicine, 2250 Alcazar Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Front Biosci 4:D596-600. 1999..the hypothesis that DNA sequence (allelic) variations in the type II (or prostatic) steroid 5alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) gene contribute substantially to the risk and progression of prostate cancer particularly across racial/ethnic ..
- Clinical characterization and analysis of the SRD5A2 gene in six Korean patients with 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiencyJung Min Ko
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Horm Res Paediatr 73:41-8. 2010The aim of this study was to perform a 5alpha-reductase type 2 gene (SRD5A2) analysis in 6 Korean patients with external genitalia ranging from predominantly female to male in whom 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency was suspected.
- Association of mis-sense substitution in SRD5A2 gene with prostate cancer in African-American and Hispanic men in Los Angeles, USAN M Makridakis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, 90033, USA
Lancet 354:975-8. 1999..It is an androgen-dependent cancer, and androgens have been proposed as having a substantial role in predisposition to the disease. Thus, variations in androgen metabolism genes may affect risk of this disease...
- Prostate carcinoma risk and allelic variants of genes involved in androgen biosynthesis and metabolism pathwaysA G Latil
Center for Research into Prostate Pathologies, Evry, France
Cancer 92:1130-7. 2001..The authors evaluated the association between polymorphisms in genes involved in the androgen biosynthesis and metabolism pathway and the risk of prostate carcinoma...
- The association between polymorphisms in the CYP17 and 5alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) genes and serum androgen concentrations in menN E Allen
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Oxford, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:185-9. 2001..been identified in the 17-hydroxylase cytochrome P450 gene (CYP17) and the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II gene (SRD5A2), two genes that are involved in the biosynthesis and metabolism of androgens in men...
- A missense substitution A49T in the steroid 5-alpha-reductase gene (SRD5A2) is not associated with prostate cancer in FinlandN Mononen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Institution of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, Tampere, FIN 33521, Finland
Br J Cancer 84:1344-7. 2001Prostatic steroid 5-alpha-reductase gene (SRD5A2) encodes a critical enzyme involved in the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone...
- Evidence for an association between the SRD5A2 (type II steroid 5 alpha-reductase) locus and prostate cancer in Italian patientsK Margiotti
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Sezione di Genetica, Universita Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133 Rome, Italy
Dis Markers 16:147-50. 2000We have investigated the contributions of three polymorphic markers in the SRD5A2 gene to prostate cancer in a group of Italian patients...
- V89L polymorphism of type-2, 5-alpha reductase enzyme gene predicts prostate cancer presence and progressionR K Nam
Division of Urology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Urology 57:199-204. 2001The valine (V) to leucine (L) polymorphism of the SRD5A2 gene is associated with 5-alpha reductase-2 activity; patients with the V allele have high activity and patients with the L allele have low activity...
- Polymorphic markers in the SRD5A2 gene and prostate cancer risk: a population-based case-control studyA W Hsing
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:1077-82. 2001It has been suggested that the activity of the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II enzyme (encoded by the SRD5A2 gene) may be associated with prostate cancer risk and that population differences in this enzyme's activity may account for part ..
- Structure of human type II 5 alpha-reductase geneF Labrie
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 131:1571-3. 1992..3, 2.0 and 3.0 kb. Analysis of primer extension products by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis as well as by subcloning and sequencing reveals a start site located 71 nucleotides upstream the ATG initiating codon...
- Undervirilization in XY newborns may hide a 5α-reductase deficiency: report of three new SRD5A2 gene mutationsL Maimoun
Service d Hormonologie, Hopital Lapeyronie, CHU Montpellier et UMI, Montpellier, France
Int J Androl 33:841-7. 2010..We report three new SRD5A2 gene mutations in four newborns from France, Morocco and Turkey...
- Aromatase, steroid-5-alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 mRNA expression in gonads and in brain of Xenopus laevis during ontogenyR Urbatzka
Department of Inland Fisheries, Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Müggelseedamm 310, 12587 Berlin, Germany
Gen Comp Endocrinol 153:280-8. 2007..of amphibians, we determined the mRNA expression of steroid-5-alpha-reductase type1 (Srd5a1), type2 (Srd5a2) and aromatase (Aro) during ontogeny starting from the egg and ending after completion of metamorphosis in Xenopus ..
- Isolated micropenis reveals partial androgen insensitivity syndrome confirmed by molecular analysisAmrit Bhangoo
Pediatric Endocrinology Division of Maimonides Infants and Children s Hospital of Brooklyn, Children s Hospital at SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Asian J Androl 12:561-6. 2010..with the genetic defects resulting in androgen resistance, that is, AR gene defects and 5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) deficiency...
- Pharmacogenetics of human androgens and prostatic diseasesG Novelli
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, 00133 Roma, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 2:65-72. 2001..focus first on constitutional ('germline') single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) at the steroid 5 alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) locus, which encodes the human prostatic (or Type II) steroid 5 alpha-reductase enzyme...
- Codon 89 polymorphism in the human 5 alpha-reductase gene in primary breast cancerA Scorilas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Br J Cancer 84:760-7. 2001The enzyme human steroid 5-alpha reductase type II (SRD5A2) and androgen receptor (AR) are critical mediators of androgen action, suggesting a potential role in hormonally related cancers...
- Cloning and differential expression of steroid 5 alpha-reductase type 1 (Srd5a1) and type 2 (Srd5a2) from the Harderian glands of hamstersLuis Ramos
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Gen Comp Endocrinol 166:388-95. 2010..In this study, we isolated specific cDNAs for 5 alpha-reductase 1 (Srd5a1) and 5 alpha-reductase 2 (Srd5a2), determined their sequences and investigated their expression in the HG of both sexes...
- Regulation of steroid 5-alpha reductase type 2 (Srd5a2) by sterol regulatory element binding proteins and statinYoung Kyo Seo
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, 3244 McGaugh Hall, University of California, UC Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 3900, USA
Exp Cell Res 315:3133-9. 2009In this study, we show that sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) regulate expression of Srd5a2, an enzyme that catalyzes the irreversible conversion of testosterone to dihydroxytestosterone in the male reproductive tract ..
- Phenotype, hormonal profile and genotype of subjects with partial androgen insensitivity syndrome: report of a family with four adult males and one child with disorder of sexual differentiationB Kulshreshtha
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Andrologia 41:257-63. 2009..It is not clear whether the better pubertal virilsation and higher testosterone are in any way causally related to the SRD5A2 gene defect.
- Expression of androgen receptor through androgen-converting enzymes is associated with biological aggressiveness in prostate cancerK Wako
Division of Urology, Department of Regenerative and Transplant Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Pathol 61:448-54. 2008..The association between the expression of androgen receptor (AR) or androgen-converting enzymes and malignant potential in prostate cancer (PCa) was examined...
- Maintenance of intratumoral androgens in metastatic prostate cancer: a mechanism for castration-resistant tumor growthR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Weattle, WA, USA
Cancer Res 68:4447-54. 2008..up-regulated expression of FASN, CYP17A1, HSD3B1, HSD17B3, CYP19A1, and UGT2B17 and down-regulated expression of SRD5A2 (P < 0.001 for all)...
- Prostate cancer chemoprevention: Strategies for designing efficient clinical trialsR Lieberman
National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Urology 57:224-9. 2001..protein (IGFBP)-3; 1, 25(OH)(2) D3; family history of PCa; carriers of PCa susceptibility genes [ELAC2, CYP3A4, SRD5A2, etc.]; and histology such as atypia and HGPIN) that could be combined into a multivariate risk model for PCa...
- A novel frameshift mutation in the 5alpha-reductase type 2 gene in Korean sisters with male pseudohermaphroditismSung Hoon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Fertil Steril 85:750.e9-750.e12. 2006..To describe two cases of 5alpha-reductase deficiency and the identification of a novel frameshift mutation in this sibling pair...
- Depot-specific steroidogenic gene transcription in human adipose tissueScott M MacKenzie
BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:848-54. 2008....
- Impaired dihydrotestosterone catabolism in human prostate cancer: critical role of AKR1C2 as a pre-receptor regulator of androgen receptor signalingQing Ji
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:1361-9. 2007..Decreased catabolism seems to account for the increased DHT levels as expression of AKR1C2 and SRD5A2 was reduced in these tumors compared with their paired benign tissues...
- Gene dosage imbalances in patients with 46,XY gonadal DSD detected by an in-house-designed synthetic probe set for multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification analysisM Barbaro
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Genet 73:453-64. 2008..DAX1) locus duplication on Xp21 in a patient with isolated partial gonadal dysgenesis and a duplication of the SRD5A2 gene that represents a rare normal variant...
- [Identification of mutations of SRD5A2 gene and SRY gene in patients with hypospadias]L Zhou
Department of Pediatric Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510080 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 16:311-4. 1999To identify possible molecular mechanism underlined hypospadias and any relationship of the mutations of SRD5A2 gene and SRY gene to hypospadias.
- Differential expression of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes and association with disease severity and angiogenic genes predict their biological role in prostate cancerKakoli Das
Cancer Science Institute, Department of Pathology, National University Health System, National University of Singapore, 28 Medical Drive, Singapore
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:757-70. 2010The biological role of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes (encoded by the SRD5A1 and SRD5A2 genes) and angiogenic factors that play important roles in the pathogenesis and vascularization of prostate cancer (PC) is poorly understood...
- Steroidogenesis inhibitors alter but do not eliminate androgen synthesis mechanisms during progression to castration-resistance in LNCaP prostate xenograftsJennifer A Locke
The Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital and Department of Urologic Sciences, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 115:126-36. 2009..Steroidogenesis inhibitors targeting CYP17A1 and SRD5A2 significantly altered but did not eliminate androgen synthesis from progesterone in steroid starved LNCaP cells ..
- Genomic analysis of cancer tissue reveals that somatic mutations commonly occur in a specific motifNick M Makridakis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California USC, Los Angeles, California, USA
Hum Mutat 30:39-48. 2009..We sequenced 26 matched human prostate tumor and constitutional DNA samples for somatic alterations in the SRD5A2, HPRT, and HSD3B2 genes, and identified 71 nucleotide substitutions...
- Five novel mutations of SRD5A2 found in eight Chinese patients with 46,XY disorders of sex developmentMin Nie
Key Laboratory of Endocrinology, Ministry of Health, Department of Endocrinology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Shuai Fuyuan 1, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100730, People s Republic of China
Mol Hum Reprod 17:57-62. 2011..Mutations in the steroid-5-α-reductase (SRD5A2) gene, leading to functional impairment of 5α-reductase type 2, are responsible for this disorder...
- Difficulties in diagnosis and treatment of 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency in a newborn with 46,XY DSDKerstin N Walter
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescents Medicine, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Horm Res Paediatr 74:67-71. 2010Steroid 5alpha-reductase deficiency (MIM*607306) caused by mutations in the SRD5A2 gene is characterized by a predominantly female phenotype at birth and significant virilization at puberty...
- [5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency: experiences from Campinas (SP) and Salvador (BA)]Christine Hackel
Departamento de Genética Médica, FMUFBA, Salvador, BA
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:103-11. 2005..To report the experience regarding patients with steroid 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency from three different clinical services in Brazil...
- Combined analysis of multiple mRNA markers by RT-PCR assay for prostate cancer diagnosisAdriana F Neves
Laboratory of Nanobiotechnology, Institute of Genetics and Biochemistry, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Biochem 41:1191-8. 2008....
- Association of SRD5A2 variants and serum androstane-3alpha,17beta-diol glucuronide concentration in Chinese elderly menJieying Jiang
Department of Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Chem 56:1742-9. 2010Results of recent studies have demonstrated that genetic variants of the enzyme steroid 5α reductase type II (SRD5A2) are associated with serum concentrations of major androgen metabolites such as conjugates of androstane-3α,17β-diol-..
- Evaluation of genetic variations in the androgen and estrogen metabolic pathways as risk factors for sporadic and familial prostate cancerJulie M Cunningham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:969-78. 2007..Those genes tested included PRL, LHB, CYP11A1, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B2, CYP17, SRD5A2, AKR1C3, UGT2B15, AR, SHBG, and KLK3 from the androgen pathway and CYP19, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT, ..
- SRD5A2 gene mutations--a population-based reviewRatika Samtani
Research Scholar, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 8:34-40. 2010Knowledge of steroid 5 alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene mutations is expanding, and its role has been implicated in various disease susceptibilities concerning reproductive health...
- Choice of gender in 5alpha-reductase deficiency: a moving targetChristopher P Houk
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Penn State College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:339-45. 2005Steroid 5alpha-reductase deficiency is a rare, male-limited autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutation in the SRD5A2 gene resulting in a deficiency of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) during fetal development...
- Ovarian cancer survival and polymorphisms in hormone and DNA repair pathway genesChristina M Nagle
Cancer and Population Studies, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, Queensland 4029, Australia
Cancer Lett 251:96-104. 2007..30; 95% CI=1.02-1.68, p= 0.04), and for the SRD5A2 V89L C allele (HR 0.79; 95% CI=0.62-1.01, p=0.06)...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in androgen pathways as risk factors for prostate cancerNina Mononen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Urol 181:1541-9. 2009..We reviewed the association of androgen pathway genes and their polymorphic sites, and the risk of prostate cancer in individuals of different ethnic backgrounds...
- Bioconversion of norethisterone, a progesterone receptor agonist into estrogen receptor agonists in osteoblastic cellsAna E Lemus
Department of Reproductive Biology, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, Mexico City P C 09340, Mexico
J Endocrinol 200:199-206. 2009..Expression of Srd5a1 in neonatal osteoblast was well demonstrated, whereas Srd5a2 expression was not detected...
- Molecular mechanisms involving prostate cancer racial disparityDavid Hatcher
Department of Pathology and Urology, New York University School of Medicine New York, NY
Am J Transl Res 1:235-48. 2009..been found among variants of the genes of the enzymes involved in androgen biosynthesis and metabolism, such as SRD5A2, CYP17, and CYP3A4...
- Prevalent mutations in prostate cancerJin Tang Dong
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 C Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cell Biochem 97:433-47. 2006..in sporadic prostate cancer; AR, BRCA1, BRCA2, CHEK2 (RAD53), CYP17, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, PON1, SRD5A2, and VDR that have germline genetic variants associated with either hereditary and/or sporadic prostate cancer; ..
- A novel mutation of 5alpha-steroid reductase 2 deficiency (CD 65 ALA-PRO) with severe virilization defect in a Turkish family and difficulty in gender assignmentSenay Savas Erdeve
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ulusoy 312 City No 16 B46, Cayyolu, 06830 Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 169:991-5. 2010Molecular genetic characterization of mutations in SRD5A2 gene is used as an essential procedure for the final diagnosis of 5alpha-reductase deficiency...
- Genetic analysis of male pattern baldness and the 5alpha-reductase genesJ A Ellis
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Invest Dermatol 110:849-53. 1998..We conducted genetic association studies of the 5alpha-reductase enzyme genes (SRD5A1 on chromosome 5 and SRD5A2 on chromosome 2) using dimorphic intragenic restriction fragment length polymorphisms...
- SRD5A2 is associated with increased cortisol metabolism in schizophrenia spectrum disordersNils Eiel Steen
Section for Psychosis Research, Clinic of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, Ulleval Hospital, P O Box 4956 Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:1500-6. 2010..We investigated whether five genes involved in cortisol metabolism were associated with altered activity of cortisol metabolizing enzymes in bipolar disorder (BD) and schizophrenia spectrum disorders (SCZ)...
- Genetic polymorphisms and prostate cancer riskAndrea Gsur
Division of Applied and Experimental Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
World J Urol 21:414-23. 2004..in etiology of the androgen receptor (AR), the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), 5alpha-reductase type II gene (SRD5A2), cytochrome P450c17alpha (CYP17), cytochrome P4503A4 (CYP3A4) and a putative hereditary PC susceptibility gene, ..
- Messenger ribonucleic acid levels of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 in human prostate predict the enzyme activityT G Söderström
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 14186, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:855-8. 2001..56). The strong association between 5 alpha-reductase activity at pH 5.5 and the 5 alpha-reductase 2-specific mRNA expression makes it possible to predict prostatic 5 alpha-reductase activity using core needle biopsies...
- Short tandem repeat (STR) replacements in UTRs and introns suggest an important role for certain STRs in gene expression and diseaseDonald E Riley
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gene 344:203-11. 2005..STR replacements expand the list of STR sequences that may contribute to genetic activity and to disease processes...
- Recognition of 5α-reductase-2 deficiency in an adult female 46XY DSD clinicMarta Berra
Department of Endocrinology, University College London Hospitals, 250 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 164:1019-25. 2011The late presentation of steroid 5α-reductase-2 (SRD5A2) deficiency in females is poorly characterised...
- Association of prostate cancer risk and aggressiveness to androgen pathway genes: SRD5A2, CYP17, and the ARMine S Cicek
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Prostate 59:69-76. 2004..is an androgen-regulated organ and polymorphisms in genes involved in testosterone synthesis, in particular, SRD5A2 (A49T and V89L variants), CYP17 (MspAI variant), and the AR (CAG, GGC repeats), represent candidate risk factors ..
- Differential alterations in 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 levels during development and progression of prostate cancerLynn N Thomas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Prostate 63:231-9. 2005..However, inhibition of both 5alphaR isoenzymes causes a greater decrease in serum DHT. The aim of this study was to assess differential expression of these enzymes at various stages of PCa development...
- Semicomprehensive analysis of the postnatal age-related changes in the mRNA expression of sex steroidogenic enzymes and sex steroid receptors in the male rat hippocampusTetsuya Kimoto
Department of Biophysics and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Endocrinology 151:5795-806. 2010..of these enzymes/receptors at PD1 were Srd5a1 > Star > Ar ∼ Hsd17b4 ∼ Hsd17b1 ∼ Hsd17b7 ∼ Esr1 ∼ Srd5a2 > Hsd17b3 > Esr2 > Cyp11a1 > Cyp17a1 > Cyp19a1 ∼ Hsd17b2 > 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase I...
- Identification of mutations in the SRD5A2 gene in Thai patients with male pseudohermaphroditismTaninee Sahakitrungruang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Fertil Steril 90:2015.e11-5. 2008To describe two unrelated Thai patients with suspected 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency and perform mutation analysis of the SRD5A2 gene.
- A49T, V89L and TA repeat polymorphisms of steroid 5alpha-reductase type II and breast cancer risk in Japanese womenChunxia Yang
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 4:R8. 2002..89 valine to leucine substitution (V89L) and TA repeat polymorphisms of the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2) gene are considered functional with respect to enzyme activity converting testosterone into dihydrotestosterone...
- Testosterone enanthate therapy is effective and independent of SRD5A2 and AR gene polymorphisms in boys with micropenisTomohiro Ishii
Department of Pediatrics, Keio University School of Medicine, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 172:319-24. 2004..PL) responses to testosterone enanthate (TE) therapy for micropenis, and the relevance of the V89L polymorphism of SRD5A2 encoding the 5alpha-reductase type 2 and CAG repeat length polymorphism of AR encoding the androgen receptor.
- Distinct patterns of dysregulated expression of enzymes involved in androgen synthesis and metabolism in metastatic prostate cancer tumorsNicholas Mitsiades
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 72:6142-52. 2012..levels for AR and several steroidogenic enzymes, including SRD5A1, SRD5A3, and AKR1C3, whereas expression of SRD5A2, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP3A7 was decreased. This aberrant expression was rarely associated with CNAs...
- Molecular diagnosis of 46,XY DSD and identification of a novel 8 nucleotide deletion in exon 1 of the SRD5A2 geneM R Nagaraja
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanas, India
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:379-85. 2010..Mutational analysis of androgen receptor (AR) and SRD5A2 genes was performed in 29 patients with 46,XY DSD, by PCR-SSCP...
- Altered expression of genes involved in progesterone biosynthesis, metabolism and action in endometrial cancerMaša Sinreih
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 202:210-7. 2013..metabolizing enzymes: the 3-keto and 20-ketosteroid reductases (AKR1C1-AKR1C3) and 5α-reductases (SRD5A1 and SRD5A2); and the opposing 20α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD17B2)...
- Sex dependent influence of a functional polymorphism in steroid 5-α-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) on post-traumatic stress symptomsCharles F Gillespie
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 162:283-92. 2013A non-synonymous, single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the gene coding for steroid 5-α-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) is associated with reduced conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT)...
- SRD5A2 gene mutations and polymorphisms in Spanish 46,XY patients with a disorder of sex differentiationM Fernández-Cancio
Unidad Investigación Endocrinología y Nutrición Pediátricas, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, CIBERER Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Androl 34:e526-35. 2011..AR gene was analysed in all patients as the first candidate gene, yielding a mutation in 42.5% of cases and SRD5A2 gene was analysed as the second candidate gene, resulting in the characterization of 10 different mutations (p...
- Association of a tagging single nucleotide polymorphism in the androgen receptor gene region with susceptibility to severe hypospadias in a Caucasian populationT Adamovic
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Sex Dev 7:173-9. 2013..investigated 13 haplotype tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) covering the steroid-5-alpha reductase (SRD5A2) and androgen receptor(AR) gene region, respectively, in a cohort consisting of 260 individuals with mild ..
- Hypospadias risk and polymorphism in SRD5A2 and CYP17 genes: case-control study among Indian childrenRatika Samtani
Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
J Urol 185:2334-9. 2011..of the male urethra, we sought to investigate the association between 2 functional polymorphisms, CYP17-A1/A2 and SRD5A2-V89L, which are involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone, respectively, in relation to ..
- Polymorphisms in genes regulating androgen activity among prostate cancer low-risk Inuit men and high-risk ScandinaviansCharlotte Giwercman
Fertility Centre, Scanian Andrology Centre, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Androl 31:25-30. 2008..Polymorphisms related to high androgen metabolism and/or response in the 5alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) and the androgen receptor (AR) genes, respectively, have been linked to prostate cancer...
- Breast cancer: a candidate gene approach across the estrogen metabolic pathwayChristina Justenhoven
Molecular Mechanisms of Origin and Treatment of Breast Cancer, Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, Stuttgart, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:137-49. 2008..Of these CYP17A1, CYP19A1, EPHX1, HSD17B1, SRD5A2, and PPARG2 participate in biosynthesis, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, COMT, GSTP1, and SOD2 in catabolism and detoxification...
- Androgens and the molecular epidemiology of prostate cancerLisa W Chu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 15:261-70. 2008..In this review, we summarize the current state of the literature and provide insights and direction for epidemiologic research on androgens and prostate cancer...
- Variant in sex hormone-binding globulin gene and the risk of prostate cancerSonja I Berndt
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:165-8. 2007..in hormone regulation or metabolism (AKR1C3, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, ESR1, GNRH1, HSD173B, HSD3B2, SHBG, and SRD5A2) in 488 prostate cancer cases and 617 matched controls...
- Genomic biomarkers, androgen pathway and prostate cancerMichela Biancolella
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, 00133 Roma, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 8:645-61. 2007..related to the biosynthesis and metabolism of androgens, such as steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2 (SRD5A2), cytochrome P450 (CYP)19A1, CYP17A1, hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 2 ..
- The relationship between a polymorphism in CYP17 with plasma hormone levels and prostate cancerC A Haiman
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:743-8. 2001..between CYP17 genotype and plasma steroid hormones among controls and the potential interaction between CYP17 and SRD5A2 V89L polymorphisms in relationship with prostate cancer risk and circulating steroid hormone levels...
- Mutation analysis of five candidate genes in Chinese patients with hypospadiasYanping Wang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, PUMC and CAMS, Beijing, 100005, China
Eur J Hum Genet 12:706-12. 2004..During fetal development, SRY, SOX9, WT1, SRD5A2 and AR are important at different stages in the differentiation and development of the male genital system...
- 5 alpha-reductase-2 gene mutations in the Dominican RepublicL Q Cai
Department of Medicine, New York Hospital Cornell University Medical College, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:1730-5. 1996..Thus, the identification of multiple mutations in the 5 alpha-reductase-2 gene in male pseudohermaphrodites from the Dominican Republic demonstrates a lack of common ancestry, as had been previously postulated...
- Deletion of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 gene in male pseudohermaphroditismS Andersson
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Nature 354:159-61. 1991..These results verify the existence of at least two 5 alpha-reductases in man and provide insight into a fundamental hormone-mediated event in male sexual differentiation...
- Wnt inhibitory factor 1 (Wif1) is regulated by androgens and enhances androgen-dependent prostate developmentKimberly P Keil
Department of Comparative Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Endocrinology 153:6091-103. 2012..mouse UGM in which its expression temporally and spatially overlaps androgen-responsive steroid 5α-reductase 2 (Srd5a2). Wif1 mRNA is also present in prostatic buds during their elongation and branching morphogenesis...
- Compound heterozygous mutations in the SRD5A2 gene exon 4 in a male pseudohermaphrodite patient of Chinese originMonica Fernandez-Cancio
Unidad Investigación Endocrinología y Nutrición Pediátricas, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Androl 25:412-6. 2004The goal of this study was to perform 5-alpha-reductase type 2 gene (SRD5A2) analysis in a male pseudohermaphrodite (MPH) patient with normal testosterone (T) production and normal androgen receptor (AR) gene coding sequences...
- Androgen Metabolism Gene Polymorphisms, Associations with Prostate Cancer Risk and Pathological Characteristics: A Comparative Analysis between South African and Senegalese MenPedro Fernandez
Department of Urology, Stellenbosch University, P O Box 19063, Cape Town 7505, South Africa
Prostate Cancer 2012:798634. 2012..Analyses of clinical data and CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and SRD5A2 genotypes were performed in South African White (120 cases; 134 controls), Mixed Ancestry (207 cases; 167 controls)..
- A novel SRD5A2 mutation in a Taiwanese newborn with ambiguous genitaliaMeng Che Tsai
Department of Pediatrics, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 28:231-5. 2012..is a rare autosomal recessive 46,XY disorder of sex development caused by the mutated 5α-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene...
- Hypospadias in a male (78,XY; SRY-positive) dog and sex reversal female (78,XX; SRY-negative) dogs: clinical, histological and genetic studiesM Switonski
Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Sex Dev 6:128-34. 2012..gene (case 1) and 2 candidates for monogenic hypospadias, namely MAMLD1 (mastermind-like domain containing 1) and SRD5A2 (steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2)...
- Aetiology of hypospadias: a systematic review of genes and environmentL F M van der Zanden
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and HTA, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 18:260-83. 2012..Most cases have an unknown aetiology, which is probably a mix of monogenic and multifactorial forms, implicating both genes and environmental factors. This review summarizes current knowledge about the aetiology of hypospadias...
- Polymorphisms in the androgen receptor and type II 5 alpha-reductase genes and prostate cancer prognosisAtsuko Shibata
Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5405, USA
Prostate 52:269-78. 2002Cytosine-adenine-guanine repeat length of the androgen receptor gene and the A49T and V89L polymorphisms of the 5 alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) gene have been associated with prostate cancer.
- Androgens, androgen receptors, and male gender role behaviorJ D Wilson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 8857, USA
Horm Behav 40:358-66. 2001..The fact that all genetic males with 17 beta-HSD3 or 5 alpha-R2 deficiency do not change gender role behavior indicates that other factors are also important determinants of this process...
- Genetic polymorphisms of 17 β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 3 and the risk of hypospadiasFumihiro Sata
Department of Public Health, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Sex Med 7:2729-38. 2010..In this regard, enzymes 17 β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 3 (17 β HSD3, encoded by HSD17B3) and steroid 5 α-reductase type 2 (encoded by SRD5A2) play crucial roles.
- Molecular analysis of the SRD5A2 in 46,XY subjects with incomplete virilization: the P212R substitution of the steroid 5alpha-reductase 2 may constitute an ancestral founder mutation in Mexican patientsFelipe Vilchis
Departamento de Biologia de la Reproduccion, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Androl 31:358-64. 2010Inactivating mutations of the SRD5A2 gene result in steroid 5α-reductase 2 deficiency, an autosomal recessive disorder expressed as a male-limited disorder of sex development...
- Expression of the androgen receptor and 5 alpha-reductase type 2 in the developing human fetal penis and urethraKun Suk Kim
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cell Tissue Res 307:145-53. 2002....
- Gene expression in hair follicle dermal papilla cells after treatment with stanozololM Reiter
Physiology Weihenstephan Technische Universität München Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85354 Freising Germany
Biomark Insights 4:1-8. 2008..5alpha-Steroidreductases (SRD5A1, SRD5A2) represented the enzyme group...
- Molecular analysis of the AR and SRD5A2 genes in patients with 46,XY disorders of sex developmentJin Ho Choi
Department of Pediatrics, Research Institute for Medical Sciences, Chungnam National University Hospital, College ofMedicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 21:545-53. 2008The aim of this study was to assess the clinical and endocrinological features, and to analyze AR and SRD5A2 genes in patients with 46,XY disorders of sex development (DSD)...
- Sex, genes and blood pressureJ A Ellis
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:1053-5. 2001..the androgen receptor (AR), oestrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha), 5alpha-reductase types I and II (SRD5A1 and SRD5A2) and aromatase (CYP19). 3. Systolic blood pressure (SBP) was linked (Z=3.3, genome-wide P < 0...
- Steroid 5-alpha reductase type II V89L substitution is not associated with risk of prostate cancer in a multiethnic population studyCeleste L Pearce
Department of Preventive Medicine and USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:417-8. 2002
- Quantitative trait loci predicting circulating sex steroid hormones in men from the NCI-Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)Jiyoung Ahn
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3749-57. 2009..8%, P = 7.37 x 10(-6)) and SRD5A2 with 3 alpha-androstanediol-glucuronide (rs2208532, mean difference = 11.8%, P = 1.82 x 10(-6))...
- Identification of novel aberrant methylation of BASP1 and SRD5A2 for early diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma by genome-wide searchToyoki Moribe
Research Group, Molecular Diagnostics R and D Department, Roche Diagnostics K K, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 0014, Japan
Int J Oncol 33:949-58. 2008..corresponding non-tumor liver tissues from an independent cohort of HCC patients revealed that 2 genes, BASP1 and SRD5A2, were aberrantly methylated in only HCC tissues, though not in any corresponding non-tumor liver tissues...
- Changes in human placental 5alpha-reductase isoenzyme expression with advancing gestation: effects of fetal sex and glucocorticoid exposureThi T Vu
Mothers and Babies Research Centre and School of Biomedical Sciences, John Hunter Hospital Campus, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:599-607. 2009..These findings suggest that the preterm neonate may have lower developmental exposure to 5alpha-reduced steroids and may lack steroid-mediated neuroprotection depending on fetal sex...
- Diagnosis of 5alpha-reductase 2 deficiency: a local experienceAngel O K Chan
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gascoigne Road, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 15:130-5. 2009..Making a DNA-based diagnosis by studying the SRD5A2 gene has become increasingly popular...
- Polymorphisms of steroid 5-alpha-reductase type I (SRD5A1) gene are associated to peripheral arterial diseaseS S Signorelli
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Disease, Medical Angiology Section, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:1092-7. 2008..Steroid 5-alpha reductase isoenzymes (SRD5A1 and SRD5A2) catalyze the conversion to the bioactive potent androgen dihydrotestosterone and other reduced metabolites and ..
- Brief report: the molecular basis of steroid 5 alpha-reductase deficiency in a large Dominican kindredA E Thigpen
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
N Engl J Med 327:1216-9. 1992
- Genetics of hypospadias: are single-nucleotide polymorphisms in SRD5A2, ESR1, ESR2, and ATF3 really associated with the malformation?Loes F M van der Zanden
Department of Epidemiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2384-90. 2010..Little is known about the genes involved in hypospadias. A few genetic associations have been reported but mainly in studies of small sample size. Most of these associations have not been replicated...
- Polymorphisms in genes of the steroid hormone biosynthesis and metabolism pathways and endometrial cancer riskKatie A Ashton
Discipline of Medical Genetics, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol 34:328-37. 2010..The environmental and reproductive risk factors that influence these hormones are well known, however, genetic variants involved in hormone biosynthesis and estrogen metabolism have not been well established in endometrial cancer...
- Molecular genetics of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 deficiencyA E Thigpen
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
J Clin Invest 90:799-809. 1992..The 5 alpha-reductase type 2 gene (gene symbol SRD5A2) was cloned and shown to contain five exons and four introns...
- Reduced bone mass and muscle strength in male 5α-reductase type 1 inactivated miceSara H Windahl
Centre for Bone and Arthritis Research, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e21402. 2011..are two well established isoenzymes of 5α-reductase (type 1 and type 2), encoded by separate genes (Srd5a1 and Srd5a2)...
- Two novel mutations of SRD5A2 gene in Indonesian siblings with clinical 5-alpha-reductase deficiencyNanis S Marzuki
Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Jakarta, Indonesia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:1329-33. 2010..Over 50 different mutations of SRD5A2 gene has been described in affected patients and several mutations were detected in specific populations...
- Associations of polymorphisms in HPC2/ELAC2 and SRD5A2 genes with benign prostate hyperplasia in Turkish menMuzeyyen Izmirli
Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Bezmialem Vakif University, Istanbul, Turkey
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:731-3. 2011Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) is the most common benign tumor in elderly men for which the HPC2/ELAC2 and SRD5A2 genes are known genetic factors...
- A novel SRD5A2 mutation with loss of function identified in Chinese patients with hypospadiasManna Zhang
Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Endocrine Tumor, Shanghai Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, China
Horm Res Paediatr 76:44-9. 2011To investigate the functional change of SRD5A2 gene mutations identified in patients with 5α-reductase type 2 deficiency.
- [V89L polymorphism of the testosterone 5-alpha-reductase II gene and prognostic factors of prostate cancer]Ming Tong
Department of Urology, The First Hospital Affiliated to Liaoning Medical College, Jinzhou, Liaoning 121001, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 16:990-3. 2010To investigate the association of V89L polymorphism of the SRD5A2 gene with the prognostic factors of prostate cancer (PCa).
- Phenotypical, biological, and molecular heterogeneity of 5α-reductase deficiency: an extensive international experience of 55 patientsLaurent Maimoun
Service d Hormonologie, Hopital Lapeyronie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Montpellier and Université Montpellier I, 34295 Montpellier, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:296-307. 2011..Yet the cause of ambiguous genitalia may guide sex assignment, and rapid, precise diagnosis of 5α-reductase deficiency is essential...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BIRTH DEFECTSJeanne Manson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The hypothesis of the proposed research study is that allelic variants in the steroid 5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene (susceptible genotype) resulting in decreased 5 alpha reductase enzyme activity will be highly associated ..
- 5 ALPHA REDUCTASE GENOTYPE, RACE PROSTATE CANCER RISKLaurence Kedes; Fiscal Year: 2003..from the male hormone testosterone by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase which is encoded in the prostate by the SRD5A2 gene...
- Androgen Pathway and Genetic Risk of Prostate CancerNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specifically the genes of interest encode: (1) steroid 5 alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2), which bioactivates androgens in the prostate; (2) androgen receptor (AR), an androgen-dependent nuclear ..
- Estrogen Metabolism and Action in Prostate Cancer Etiology in PCPTAshraful Hoque; Fiscal Year: 2007..The large-scale Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT) (N = 18,882 randomized men) of the 5a-reductase (SRD5A2) inhibitor finasteride (versus placebo) found that inhibiting SRD5A2 from converting testosterone into ..
- Prostate Cancer in Senegalese MenSerigne Gueye; Fiscal Year: 2005..These genes include the cytochromes P450, CYP3A4 and CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the type II 3beta-hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenase (HSD3b2)...
- DETERMINANTS OF STEROID HORMONES IN BLACK AND WHITE MENSusan Gapstur; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., SRD5A2 V89L, IGF-1 CA repeat length, IGFBP-3 A/C, and SHBG TAAAA repeat length) with serum AAG, IGF-1, IGFBP-3 and SHBG ..
- Breast cancer and HRT: genetic susceptibility within th*Kathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2006..and tagSNPs in the PGR gene, and the following progesterone metabolizing genes, AKR1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, SRD5A1, SRD5A2, and the CYP3A4 gene...
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO CANCER IN MULTIETHNIC COHORTSBrian Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this proposal will investigate polymorphisms in candidate genes (NAT2, GSTM1, CYP1A1, SRD5A2, AR, EDH17B2, CYP17, and ER), that might alter metabolism of relevant endogenous or exogenous exposures and their ..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gaining a better understanding of ovarian cancer, which this project will provide, is critical to identifying women at risk and for improving the outcome for women who are diagnosed with this disease. ..
- Ethnic difference in prostate cancerTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These genes include the cytochromes P450 CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP3A43, and CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenases type II 3beta (HSD3B) and type 17beta (HSD17B)...