Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRD5A2
Description: steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2
Alias: 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase 2, 5 alpha-SR2, S5AR 2, SR type 2, steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2 (3-oxo-5 alpha-steroid delta 4-dehydrogenase alpha 2), type II 5-alpha reductase
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- GEN GEN: the genomic genetic analysis of androgen-metabolic genes and prostate cancer as a paradigm for the dissection of complex phenotypesJ K Reichardt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, USC School of Medicine, 2250 Alcazar Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Front Biosci 4:D596-600. 1999..the hypothesis that DNA sequence (allelic) variations in the type II (or prostatic) steroid 5alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) gene contribute substantially to the risk and progression of prostate cancer particularly across racial/ethnic ..
- Clinical characterization and analysis of the SRD5A2 gene in six Korean patients with 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiencyJung Min Ko
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Horm Res Paediatr 73:41-8. 2010The aim of this study was to perform a 5alpha-reductase type 2 gene (SRD5A2) analysis in 6 Korean patients with external genitalia ranging from predominantly female to male in whom 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency was suspected.
- Genetic variation of genes involved in dihydrotestosterone metabolism and the risk of prostate cancerSunita R Setlur
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:229-39. 2010..Given PCA's strong genetic component, we evaluated the possibility that variation in genes involved in DHT metabolism influence PCA risk...
- SRD5A2 gene mutations and polymorphisms in Spanish 46,XY patients with a disorder of sex differentiationM Fernández-Cancio
Unidad Investigación Endocrinología y Nutrición Pediátricas, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, CIBERER Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Androl 34:e526-35. 2011..AR gene was analysed in all patients as the first candidate gene, yielding a mutation in 42.5% of cases and SRD5A2 gene was analysed as the second candidate gene, resulting in the characterization of 10 different mutations (p...
- Molecular genetics of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 deficiencyA E Thigpen
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
J Clin Invest 90:799-809. 1992..The 5 alpha-reductase type 2 gene (gene symbol SRD5A2) was cloned and shown to contain five exons and four introns...
- Deletion of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 gene in male pseudohermaphroditismS Andersson
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Nature 354:159-61. 1991..These results verify the existence of at least two 5 alpha-reductases in man and provide insight into a fundamental hormone-mediated event in male sexual differentiation...
- Association of mis-sense substitution in SRD5A2 gene with prostate cancer in African-American and Hispanic men in Los Angeles, USAN M Makridakis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, 90033, USA
Lancet 354:975-8. 1999..It is an androgen-dependent cancer, and androgens have been proposed as having a substantial role in predisposition to the disease. Thus, variations in androgen metabolism genes may affect risk of this disease...
- The association between polymorphisms in the CYP17 and 5alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) genes and serum androgen concentrations in menN E Allen
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Oxford, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:185-9. 2001..been identified in the 17-hydroxylase cytochrome P450 gene (CYP17) and the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II gene (SRD5A2), two genes that are involved in the biosynthesis and metabolism of androgens in men...
- Prostate carcinoma risk and allelic variants of genes involved in androgen biosynthesis and metabolism pathwaysA G Latil
Center for Research into Prostate Pathologies, Evry, France
Cancer 92:1130-7. 2001..The authors evaluated the association between polymorphisms in genes involved in the androgen biosynthesis and metabolism pathway and the risk of prostate carcinoma...
- New mutations, hotspots, and founder effects in Brazilian patients with steroid 5alpha-reductase deficiency type 2Christine Hackel
Centro de Biologia Molecular e Engenharia Genetica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:569-76. 2005Mutations of the steroid 5alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene in 46,XY subjects cause masculinization defects of varying degrees, due to reduced or impaired enzymatic activity...
- Variants in the 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 genes are associated with polycystic ovary syndrome and the severity of hirsutism in affected womenMark O Goodarzi
Department of Ob Gyn and Center for Androgen Related Disorders, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8635 West Third Street, Suite 160W, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4085-91. 2006Despite the importance of dihydrotestosterone in androgen action, polymorphisms in the genes for the two isoforms of 5alpha-reductase (SRD5A1 and SRD5A2) have not been evaluated as risk factors for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Germ-line genetic variation in the key androgen-regulating genes androgen receptor, cytochrome P450, and steroid-5-alpha-reductase type 2 is important for prostate cancer developmentSara Lindstrom
Department of Radiation Sciences, Oncology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Cancer Res 66:11077-83. 2006..hormone-regulating genes androgen receptor (AR), cytochrome P450 (CYP17), and steroid-5-alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2)...
- The association of 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2) and 17 hydroxylase (CYP17) gene polymorphisms with prostate cancer patients in the Turkish populationIlke Hacer Onen
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
DNA Cell Biol 26:100-7. 2007..It is thought that polymorphisms of 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2) and 17 hydroxylase (CYP17) genes are likely to increase susceptibility...
- No association between the SRD5A2 gene A49T missense variant and prostate cancer risk: lessons learnedC Leigh Pearce
1Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2456-61. 2008The steroid 5-alpha reductase type II gene (SRD5A2) encodes the enzyme which converts testosterone (T) to the more active androgen dihydrotestosterone...
- The SRD5A2 V89L polymorphism is associated with severity of disease in men with early onset prostate cancerJohn K Scariano
Department of Pathology and Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Prostate 68:1798-805. 2008..Steroid 5-alpha reductase type II (SRD5A2) catalyzes the irreversible conversion of T to DHT in male reproductive organs...
- Single and multigenic analysis of the association between variants in 12 steroid hormone metabolism genes and risk of prostate cancerJoke Beuten
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1869-80. 2009..cancer risk and the genetic variants of 12 key genes within the steroid hormone pathway (CYP17, HSD17B3, ESR1, SRD5A2, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, CYP19, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, CYP27B1, and CYP24A1)...
- SRD5A polymorphisms and biochemical failure after radical prostatectomyEtienne Audet-Walsh
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ Research Centre and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur Urol 60:1226-34. 2011..The relationship between inherited germ-line variations in the 5α-reductase pathways of androgen biosynthesis and the risk of biochemical recurrence (BCR) after radical prostatectomy (RP) remains an unexplored area...
- Steroid 5-alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) V89L and A49T polymorphisms and sporadic prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysisQiaoxin Li
Cancer Research Laboratory, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Institute, Shanghai, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:3597-608. 2013Steroid 5-α-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) V89L and A49T polymorphisms are thought to play a crucial role in the androgen synthesis and metabolic pathway, but their associations with prostate cancer risk remain controversial...
- Structure of human type II 5 alpha-reductase geneF Labrie
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 131:1571-3. 1992..3, 2.0 and 3.0 kb. Analysis of primer extension products by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis as well as by subcloning and sequencing reveals a start site located 71 nucleotides upstream the ATG initiating codon...
- V89L polymorphism of type-2, 5-alpha reductase enzyme gene predicts prostate cancer presence and progressionR K Nam
Division of Urology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Urology 57:199-204. 2001The valine (V) to leucine (L) polymorphism of the SRD5A2 gene is associated with 5-alpha reductase-2 activity; patients with the V allele have high activity and patients with the L allele have low activity...
- A missense substitution A49T in the steroid 5-alpha-reductase gene (SRD5A2) is not associated with prostate cancer in FinlandN Mononen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Dept of Clinical Chemistry, Institution of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, Tampere, FIN 33521, Finland
Br J Cancer 84:1344-7. 2001Prostatic steroid 5-alpha-reductase gene (SRD5A2) encodes a critical enzyme involved in the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone...
- Evidence for an association between the SRD5A2 (type II steroid 5 alpha-reductase) locus and prostate cancer in Italian patientsK Margiotti
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Sezione di Genetica, Universita Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133 Rome, Italy
Dis Markers 16:147-50. 2000We have investigated the contributions of three polymorphic markers in the SRD5A2 gene to prostate cancer in a group of Italian patients...
- Polymorphic markers in the SRD5A2 gene and prostate cancer risk: a population-based case-control studyA W Hsing
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20852 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:1077-82. 2001It has been suggested that the activity of the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II enzyme (encoded by the SRD5A2 gene) may be associated with prostate cancer risk and that population differences in this enzyme's activity may account for part ..
- Undervirilization in XY newborns may hide a 5α-reductase deficiency: report of three new SRD5A2 gene mutationsL Maimoun
Service d Hormonologie, Hopital Lapeyronie, CHU Montpellier et UMI, Montpellier, France
Int J Androl 33:841-7. 2010..We report three new SRD5A2 gene mutations in four newborns from France, Morocco and Turkey...
- Aromatase, steroid-5-alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 mRNA expression in gonads and in brain of Xenopus laevis during ontogenyR Urbatzka
Department of Inland Fisheries, Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Müggelseedamm 310, 12587 Berlin, Germany
Gen Comp Endocrinol 153:280-8. 2007..of amphibians, we determined the mRNA expression of steroid-5-alpha-reductase type1 (Srd5a1), type2 (Srd5a2) and aromatase (Aro) during ontogeny starting from the egg and ending after completion of metamorphosis in Xenopus ..
- Isolated micropenis reveals partial androgen insensitivity syndrome confirmed by molecular analysisAmrit Bhangoo
Pediatric Endocrinology Division of Maimonides Infants and Children s Hospital of Brooklyn, Children s Hospital at SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Asian J Androl 12:561-6. 2010..with the genetic defects resulting in androgen resistance, that is, AR gene defects and 5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) deficiency...
- Codon 89 polymorphism in the human 5 alpha-reductase gene in primary breast cancerA Scorilas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Br J Cancer 84:760-7. 2001The enzyme human steroid 5-alpha reductase type II (SRD5A2) and androgen receptor (AR) are critical mediators of androgen action, suggesting a potential role in hormonally related cancers...
- Cloning and differential expression of steroid 5 alpha-reductase type 1 (Srd5a1) and type 2 (Srd5a2) from the Harderian glands of hamstersLuis Ramos
Department of Reproductive Biology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Gen Comp Endocrinol 166:388-95. 2010..In this study, we isolated specific cDNAs for 5 alpha-reductase 1 (Srd5a1) and 5 alpha-reductase 2 (Srd5a2), determined their sequences and investigated their expression in the HG of both sexes...
- Regulation of steroid 5-alpha reductase type 2 (Srd5a2) by sterol regulatory element binding proteins and statinYoung Kyo Seo
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, 3244 McGaugh Hall, University of California, UC Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 3900, USA
Exp Cell Res 315:3133-9. 2009In this study, we show that sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) regulate expression of Srd5a2, an enzyme that catalyzes the irreversible conversion of testosterone to dihydroxytestosterone in the male reproductive tract ..
- Phenotype, hormonal profile and genotype of subjects with partial androgen insensitivity syndrome: report of a family with four adult males and one child with disorder of sexual differentiationB Kulshreshtha
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Andrologia 41:257-63. 2009..It is not clear whether the better pubertal virilsation and higher testosterone are in any way causally related to the SRD5A2 gene defect.
- Expression of androgen receptor through androgen-converting enzymes is associated with biological aggressiveness in prostate cancerK Wako
Division of Urology, Department of Regenerative and Transplant Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Clin Pathol 61:448-54. 2008..The association between the expression of androgen receptor (AR) or androgen-converting enzymes and malignant potential in prostate cancer (PCa) was examined...
- Maintenance of intratumoral androgens in metastatic prostate cancer: a mechanism for castration-resistant tumor growthR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Weattle, WA, USA
Cancer Res 68:4447-54. 2008..up-regulated expression of FASN, CYP17A1, HSD3B1, HSD17B3, CYP19A1, and UGT2B17 and down-regulated expression of SRD5A2 (P < 0.001 for all)...
- Prostate cancer chemoprevention: Strategies for designing efficient clinical trialsR Lieberman
National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Urology 57:224-9. 2001..protein (IGFBP)-3; 1, 25(OH)(2) D3; family history of PCa; carriers of PCa susceptibility genes [ELAC2, CYP3A4, SRD5A2, etc.]; and histology such as atypia and HGPIN) that could be combined into a multivariate risk model for PCa...
- A novel frameshift mutation in the 5alpha-reductase type 2 gene in Korean sisters with male pseudohermaphroditismSung Hoon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Fertil Steril 85:750.e9-750.e12. 2006..To describe two cases of 5alpha-reductase deficiency and the identification of a novel frameshift mutation in this sibling pair...
- Impaired dihydrotestosterone catabolism in human prostate cancer: critical role of AKR1C2 as a pre-receptor regulator of androgen receptor signalingQing Ji
Department of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Res 67:1361-9. 2007..Decreased catabolism seems to account for the increased DHT levels as expression of AKR1C2 and SRD5A2 was reduced in these tumors compared with their paired benign tissues...
- Depot-specific steroidogenic gene transcription in human adipose tissueScott M MacKenzie
BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:848-54. 2008....
- Gene dosage imbalances in patients with 46,XY gonadal DSD detected by an in-house-designed synthetic probe set for multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification analysisM Barbaro
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Genet 73:453-64. 2008..DAX1) locus duplication on Xp21 in a patient with isolated partial gonadal dysgenesis and a duplication of the SRD5A2 gene that represents a rare normal variant...
- [Identification of mutations of SRD5A2 gene and SRY gene in patients with hypospadias]L Zhou
Department of Pediatric Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510080 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 16:311-4. 1999To identify possible molecular mechanism underlined hypospadias and any relationship of the mutations of SRD5A2 gene and SRY gene to hypospadias.
- Differential expression of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes and association with disease severity and angiogenic genes predict their biological role in prostate cancerKakoli Das
Cancer Science Institute, Department of Pathology, National University Health System, National University of Singapore, 28 Medical Drive, Singapore
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:757-70. 2010The biological role of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes (encoded by the SRD5A1 and SRD5A2 genes) and angiogenic factors that play important roles in the pathogenesis and vascularization of prostate cancer (PC) is poorly understood...
- Genomic analysis of cancer tissue reveals that somatic mutations commonly occur in a specific motifNick M Makridakis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California USC, Los Angeles, California, USA
Hum Mutat 30:39-48. 2009..We sequenced 26 matched human prostate tumor and constitutional DNA samples for somatic alterations in the SRD5A2, HPRT, and HSD3B2 genes, and identified 71 nucleotide substitutions...
- Steroidogenesis inhibitors alter but do not eliminate androgen synthesis mechanisms during progression to castration-resistance in LNCaP prostate xenograftsJennifer A Locke
The Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital and Department of Urologic Sciences, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 115:126-36. 2009..Steroidogenesis inhibitors targeting CYP17A1 and SRD5A2 significantly altered but did not eliminate androgen synthesis from progesterone in steroid starved LNCaP cells ..
- Five novel mutations of SRD5A2 found in eight Chinese patients with 46,XY disorders of sex developmentMin Nie
Key Laboratory of Endocrinology, Ministry of Health, Department of Endocrinology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Shuai Fuyuan 1, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100730, People s Republic of China
Mol Hum Reprod 17:57-62. 2011..Mutations in the steroid-5-α-reductase (SRD5A2) gene, leading to functional impairment of 5α-reductase type 2, are responsible for this disorder...
- [5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency: experiences from Campinas (SP) and Salvador (BA)]Christine Hackel
Departamento de Genética Médica, FMUFBA, Salvador, BA
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:103-11. 2005..To report the experience regarding patients with steroid 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency from three different clinical services in Brazil...
- Difficulties in diagnosis and treatment of 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency in a newborn with 46,XY DSDKerstin N Walter
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescents Medicine, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Horm Res Paediatr 74:67-71. 2010Steroid 5alpha-reductase deficiency (MIM*607306) caused by mutations in the SRD5A2 gene is characterized by a predominantly female phenotype at birth and significant virilization at puberty...
- Evaluation of genetic variations in the androgen and estrogen metabolic pathways as risk factors for sporadic and familial prostate cancerJulie M Cunningham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:969-78. 2007..Those genes tested included PRL, LHB, CYP11A1, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B2, CYP17, SRD5A2, AKR1C3, UGT2B15, AR, SHBG, and KLK3 from the androgen pathway and CYP19, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT, ..
- Association of SRD5A2 variants and serum androstane-3alpha,17beta-diol glucuronide concentration in Chinese elderly menJieying Jiang
Department of Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Chem 56:1742-9. 2010Results of recent studies have demonstrated that genetic variants of the enzyme steroid 5α reductase type II (SRD5A2) are associated with serum concentrations of major androgen metabolites such as conjugates of androstane-3α,17β-diol-..
- SRD5A2 gene mutations--a population-based reviewRatika Samtani
Research Scholar, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 8:34-40. 2010Knowledge of steroid 5 alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene mutations is expanding, and its role has been implicated in various disease susceptibilities concerning reproductive health...
- Choice of gender in 5alpha-reductase deficiency: a moving targetChristopher P Houk
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Penn State College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:339-45. 2005Steroid 5alpha-reductase deficiency is a rare, male-limited autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutation in the SRD5A2 gene resulting in a deficiency of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) during fetal development...
- Genetic analysis of male pattern baldness and the 5alpha-reductase genesJ A Ellis
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Invest Dermatol 110:849-53. 1998..We conducted genetic association studies of the 5alpha-reductase enzyme genes (SRD5A1 on chromosome 5 and SRD5A2 on chromosome 2) using dimorphic intragenic restriction fragment length polymorphisms...
- Prevalent mutations in prostate cancerJin Tang Dong
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Program in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 C Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cell Biochem 97:433-47. 2006..in sporadic prostate cancer; AR, BRCA1, BRCA2, CHEK2 (RAD53), CYP17, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, PON1, SRD5A2, and VDR that have germline genetic variants associated with either hereditary and/or sporadic prostate cancer; ..
- Ovarian cancer survival and polymorphisms in hormone and DNA repair pathway genesChristina M Nagle
Cancer and Population Studies, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, Queensland 4029, Australia
Cancer Lett 251:96-104. 2007..30; 95% CI=1.02-1.68, p= 0.04), and for the SRD5A2 V89L C allele (HR 0.79; 95% CI=0.62-1.01, p=0.06)...
- Bioconversion of norethisterone, a progesterone receptor agonist into estrogen receptor agonists in osteoblastic cellsAna E Lemus
Department of Reproductive Biology, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, Mexico City P C 09340, Mexico
J Endocrinol 200:199-206. 2009..Expression of Srd5a1 in neonatal osteoblast was well demonstrated, whereas Srd5a2 expression was not detected...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in androgen pathways as risk factors for prostate cancerNina Mononen
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Urol 181:1541-9. 2009..We reviewed the association of androgen pathway genes and their polymorphic sites, and the risk of prostate cancer in individuals of different ethnic backgrounds...
- Molecular mechanisms involving prostate cancer racial disparityDavid Hatcher
Department of Pathology and Urology, New York University School of Medicine New York, NY
Am J Transl Res 1:235-48. 2009..been found among variants of the genes of the enzymes involved in androgen biosynthesis and metabolism, such as SRD5A2, CYP17, and CYP3A4...
- A novel mutation of 5alpha-steroid reductase 2 deficiency (CD 65 ALA-PRO) with severe virilization defect in a Turkish family and difficulty in gender assignmentSenay Savas Erdeve
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ulusoy 312 City No 16 B46, Cayyolu, 06830 Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 169:991-5. 2010Molecular genetic characterization of mutations in SRD5A2 gene is used as an essential procedure for the final diagnosis of 5alpha-reductase deficiency...
- Genetic polymorphisms and prostate cancer riskAndrea Gsur
Division of Applied and Experimental Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
World J Urol 21:414-23. 2004..in etiology of the androgen receptor (AR), the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), 5alpha-reductase type II gene (SRD5A2), cytochrome P450c17alpha (CYP17), cytochrome P4503A4 (CYP3A4) and a putative hereditary PC susceptibility gene, ..
- Messenger ribonucleic acid levels of steroid 5 alpha-reductase 2 in human prostate predict the enzyme activityT G Söderström
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 14186, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:855-8. 2001..56). The strong association between 5 alpha-reductase activity at pH 5.5 and the 5 alpha-reductase 2-specific mRNA expression makes it possible to predict prostatic 5 alpha-reductase activity using core needle biopsies...
- Short tandem repeat (STR) replacements in UTRs and introns suggest an important role for certain STRs in gene expression and diseaseDonald E Riley
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gene 344:203-11. 2005..STR replacements expand the list of STR sequences that may contribute to genetic activity and to disease processes...
- Inhibition of androgen synthesis in human testicular and prostatic microsomes and in male rats by novel steroidal compoundsI P Nnane
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Endocrinology 140:2891-7. 1999..Although future improvements in their bioavailability are necessary, these novel steroidal compounds show promise as potential agents for reducing T and DHT levels in patients with androgen dependent diseases...
- Pharmacogenetics of human androgens and prostatic diseasesG Novelli
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, 00133 Roma, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 2:65-72. 2001..focus first on constitutional ('germline') single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) at the steroid 5 alpha-reductase (SRD5A2) locus, which encodes the human prostatic (or Type II) steroid 5 alpha-reductase enzyme...
- Tests for genetic association using family dataMei Chiung Shih
Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genet Epidemiol 22:128-45. 2002..We illustrate the tests by applying them to data on a polymorphism of the SRD5A2 gene in nuclear families with multiple cases of prostate cancer...
- Impact of constitutional genetic variation in androgen/oestrogen-regulating genes on age-related changes in human prostateAbdel Rahmene Azzouzi
CeRePP EA3104, Universite Paris VII, Genopole, 4 rue Pierre Fontaine, Evry F 91000, France
Eur J Endocrinol 147:479-84. 2002..We have evaluated the correlation between specific genotypes in androgen- and oestrogen-regulating genes (AR, SRD5A2, CYP17 and CYP19), and age-related prostatic changes.
- Evaluation of SRD5A2 sequence variants in susceptibility to hereditary and sporadic prostate cancerBao Li Chang
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Prostate 56:37-44. 2003The 5 alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2) catalyzes the conversion of testosterone into the more potent androgen, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and is thus believed to be the key enzyme for the control of intracellular DHT level in the prostate...
- A common polymorphism within the steroid 5-alpha-reductase type 2 gene and timing of menopause in Caucasian womenAmbros Huber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:221-5. 2006..We evaluated the association between a common polymorphism of the steroid 5-alpha-reductase type 2 gene (SRD5A2) involved in androgen metabolism and the timing of menopause.
- Combined analysis of multiple mRNA markers by RT-PCR assay for prostate cancer diagnosisAdriana F Neves
Laboratory of Nanobiotechnology, Institute of Genetics and Biochemistry, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Biochem 41:1191-8. 2008....
- Role of hormonal genes and risk of prostate cancer: gene-gene interactions in a North Indian populationR C Sobti
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 185:78-85. 2008..Genetic polymorphism of the ER, CYP17, SRD5A2 (TA repeats), and PSA genes were analyzed in 157 cases of prostate cancer and 340 controls [170 healthy males and ..
- Effect of polymorphisms in selected genes involved in pituitary-testicular function on reproductive hormones and phenotype in aging menIlpo T Huhtaniemi
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1898-908. 2010..Polymorphisms in genes involved in regulation, biosynthesis, metabolism, and actions of testicular sex hormones may influence hormone balance and phenotype of aging men...
- SRD5A2 is associated with increased cortisol metabolism in schizophrenia spectrum disordersNils Eiel Steen
Section for Psychosis Research, Clinic of Mental Health and Addiction, Oslo University Hospital, Ulleval Hospital, P O Box 4956 Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:1500-6. 2010..We investigated whether five genes involved in cortisol metabolism were associated with altered activity of cortisol metabolizing enzymes in bipolar disorder (BD) and schizophrenia spectrum disorders (SCZ)...
- Aldo-keto reductases AKR1C1, AKR1C2 and AKR1C3 may enhance progesterone metabolism in ovarian endometriosisN Hevir
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 191:217-26. 2011..Additionally, 5α-reductase types 1 and 2 (SRD5A1, SRD5A2) and 5β-reductase (AKR1D1) are responsible for the formation of 5α- and 5β-reduced pregnanes...
- Inhibitors of testosterone biosynthetic and metabolic activation enzymesLeping Ye
The 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, China
Molecules 16:9983-10001. 2011..activated into more potent androgen dihydrotestosterone by two isoforms 5α-reductase 1 (SRD5A1) and 2 (SRD5A2) in Leydig cells and peripheral tissues...
- The earlier described mutation (c.307c > T [p.R103X]) in the SRD5A2 gene causing a 46,XY female phenotypeEnver Simsek
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, School of Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:543-5. 2012Deletions and mutations in the 5-alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene have been identified in 46,XY disorders of sexual differentiation (DSD)...
- Androgen and androgen-metabolizing enzymes in metastasized lymph nodes of breast cancerYukiko Shibahara
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aobaku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan, 980 8575 Electronic address
Hum Pathol 44:2338-45. 2013....
- Current perspectives on the androgen 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and 5 alpha-reductases in teleost fishes and amphibiansChristopher J Martyniuk
University of New Brunswick and Canadian River Institute, NB E2L 4L5, Canada Electronic address
Gen Comp Endocrinol 194:264-74. 2013..e., srd5a1, srd5a2, and srd5a3)...
- Sediment contaminated with the Azo Dye disperse yellow 7 alters cellular stress- and androgen-related transcription in Silurana tropicalis larvaeJustine Mathieu-Denoncourt
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Department, Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7K 7B4
Environ Sci Technol 48:2952-61. 2014..The same treatment also altered the expression of two androgen-related genes: decreased ar (2-fold) and increased srd5a2 (2.6-fold). Furthermore, transcriptomics generated new hypotheses regarding the mechanisms of toxic action of DY7...
- Try235Phe homozygous mutation of the steroid 5-a reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene in a Turkish patientMesut Parlak
Mesut Parlak, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Antalya Education and Research Hospital, Antalya, 07050, Turkey T 90 2422494400, F 90 2422494462
Ann Saudi Med 34:254-6. 2014Steroid 5-a reductase type 2 isoenzyme (SRD5A2) deficiency is a male-limited autosomal recessive disorder that results in decreased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone with various de...
- Dietary tomato and lycopene impact androgen signaling- and carcinogenesis-related gene expression during early TRAMP prostate carcinogenesisLei Wan
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio Interdisciplinary Nutrition Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 7:1228-39. 2014..involved in androgen metabolism/signaling pathways is reduced by lycopene feeding (Srd5a1) and by tomato feeding (Srd5a2, Pxn, and Srebf1)...
- DNA methyl transferase 1 reduces expression of SRD5A2 in the aging adult prostateRongbin Ge
Department of Urology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Pathol 185:870-82. 20155-α Reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) is a critical enzyme for prostatic development and growth. Inhibition of SRD5A2 by finasteride is used commonly for the management of urinary obstruction caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- SRD5A2 gene polymorphisms and the risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia but not prostate cancerVimal Kumar Choubey
Department of Urology, King George Medical University, Lucknow, India E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:1033-6. 2015..males, is converted into its most active form, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), by 5α-reductase type 2 (encoded by the SRD5A2 gene) in the prostate...
- Phenotype and molecular characteristics in 45 Chinese children with 5α-reductase type 2 deficiency from South ChinaJing Cheng
Department of Genetics and Endocrinology, Guangzhou Women and Children s Medical Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 83:518-26. 2015..To identify the disorder, mutational analysis of 5α-reductase type 2 gene (SRD5A2) is a reliable approach. The genotype-phenotype relationship has not been elucidated.
- Single-nucleotide polymorphism in the 5-α-reductase gene (SRD5A2) is associated with increased prevalence of metabolic syndrome in chemotherapy-treated testicular cancer survivorsHink Boer
Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 54:104-11. 2016..Polymorphisms in the gene encoding steroid 5-α-reductase type II (SRD5A2) are involved in altered androgen metabolism...
- Phenotype, Sex of Rearing, Gender Re-Assignment, and Response to Medical Treatment in Extended Family Members with a Novel Mutation in the SRD5A2 GeneAsma Deeb
Mafraq Hospital, Clinic of Pediatric Endocrinology, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Phone 971 50 8350568 E mail
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 8:236-40. 2016..It is caused by a mutation in the SRD5A2 gene in which various mutation types have been reported...
- Transcript levels of genes implicated in steroidogenesis in the testes and fat tissue in relation to androstenone accumulation in fat of pubertal pigsA Robic
GenPhySE, Universite de Toulouse, INRA, INPT, ENVT, Castanet Tolosan 31320, France Electronic address
Domest Anim Endocrinol 57:1-9. 2016..The absence of significant correlations between fat androstenone and the transcriptional activity of the SRD5A2 and SRD5A3 genes but the high correlation coefficient with that of the SRD5A1 gene (r = 0.62, P < 0...
- Association of single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the 5-alpha-reductase gene (SRD5A2) with increased prevalence of metabolic syndrome in chemotherapy-treated testicular cancer (TC) survivorsH Boer
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands Department of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 29:4564. 2011..Polymorphisms in the androgen receptor (AR) gene and in SRD5A2 are involved in altered androgen sensitivity, which in turn could result in the metabolic syndrome...
- A49T, V89L and TA repeat polymorphisms of steroid 5alpha-reductase type II and breast cancer risk in Japanese womenChunxia Yang
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 4:R8. 2002..89 valine to leucine substitution (V89L) and TA repeat polymorphisms of the steroid 5alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2) gene are considered functional with respect to enzyme activity converting testosterone into dihydrotestosterone...
- Association of prostate cancer risk and aggressiveness to androgen pathway genes: SRD5A2, CYP17, and the ARMine S Cicek
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Prostate 59:69-76. 2004..is an androgen-regulated organ and polymorphisms in genes involved in testosterone synthesis, in particular, SRD5A2 (A49T and V89L variants), CYP17 (MspAI variant), and the AR (CAG, GGC repeats), represent candidate risk factors ..
- Testosterone enanthate therapy is effective and independent of SRD5A2 and AR gene polymorphisms in boys with micropenisTomohiro Ishii
Department of Pediatrics, Keio University School of Medicine, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 172:319-24. 2004..PL) responses to testosterone enanthate (TE) therapy for micropenis, and the relevance of the V89L polymorphism of SRD5A2 encoding the 5alpha-reductase type 2 and CAG repeat length polymorphism of AR encoding the androgen receptor.
- Differential alterations in 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 levels during development and progression of prostate cancerLynn N Thomas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Prostate 63:231-9. 2005..However, inhibition of both 5alphaR isoenzymes causes a greater decrease in serum DHT. The aim of this study was to assess differential expression of these enzymes at various stages of PCa development...
- Identification of mutations in the SRD5A2 gene in Thai patients with male pseudohermaphroditismTaninee Sahakitrungruang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Fertil Steril 90:2015.e11-5. 2008To describe two unrelated Thai patients with suspected 5alpha-reductase type 2 deficiency and perform mutation analysis of the SRD5A2 gene.
- Semicomprehensive analysis of the postnatal age-related changes in the mRNA expression of sex steroidogenic enzymes and sex steroid receptors in the male rat hippocampusTetsuya Kimoto
Department of Biophysics and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Endocrinology 151:5795-806. 2010..of these enzymes/receptors at PD1 were Srd5a1 > Star > Ar ∼ Hsd17b4 ∼ Hsd17b1 ∼ Hsd17b7 ∼ Esr1 ∼ Srd5a2 > Hsd17b3 > Esr2 > Cyp11a1 > Cyp17a1 > Cyp19a1 ∼ Hsd17b2 > 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase I...
- Recognition of 5α-reductase-2 deficiency in an adult female 46XY DSD clinicMarta Berra
Department of Endocrinology, University College London Hospitals, 250 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 164:1019-25. 2011The late presentation of steroid 5α-reductase-2 (SRD5A2) deficiency in females is poorly characterised...
- 5 alpha-reductase-2 gene mutations in the Dominican RepublicL Q Cai
Department of Medicine, New York Hospital Cornell University Medical College, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:1730-5. 1996..Thus, the identification of multiple mutations in the 5 alpha-reductase-2 gene in male pseudohermaphrodites from the Dominican Republic demonstrates a lack of common ancestry, as had been previously postulated...
- The relationship between a polymorphism in CYP17 with plasma hormone levels and prostate cancerC A Haiman
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:743-8. 2001..between CYP17 genotype and plasma steroid hormones among controls and the potential interaction between CYP17 and SRD5A2 V89L polymorphisms in relationship with prostate cancer risk and circulating steroid hormone levels...
- Mutation analysis of five candidate genes in Chinese patients with hypospadiasYanping Wang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, PUMC and CAMS, Beijing, 100005, China
Eur J Hum Genet 12:706-12. 2004..During fetal development, SRY, SOX9, WT1, SRD5A2 and AR are important at different stages in the differentiation and development of the male genital system...
- Variant in sex hormone-binding globulin gene and the risk of prostate cancerSonja I Berndt
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:165-8. 2007..in hormone regulation or metabolism (AKR1C3, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP3A4, ESR1, GNRH1, HSD173B, HSD3B2, SHBG, and SRD5A2) in 488 prostate cancer cases and 617 matched controls...
- Polymorphisms in genes regulating androgen activity among prostate cancer low-risk Inuit men and high-risk ScandinaviansCharlotte Giwercman
Fertility Centre, Scanian Andrology Centre, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Androl 31:25-30. 2008..Polymorphisms related to high androgen metabolism and/or response in the 5alpha-reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) and the androgen receptor (AR) genes, respectively, have been linked to prostate cancer...
- Genomic biomarkers, androgen pathway and prostate cancerMichela Biancolella
Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, 00133 Roma, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 8:645-61. 2007..related to the biosynthesis and metabolism of androgens, such as steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2 (SRD5A2), cytochrome P450 (CYP)19A1, CYP17A1, hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 2 ..
- Breast cancer: a candidate gene approach across the estrogen metabolic pathwayChristina Justenhoven
Molecular Mechanisms of Origin and Treatment of Breast Cancer, Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, Stuttgart, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:137-49. 2008..Of these CYP17A1, CYP19A1, EPHX1, HSD17B1, SRD5A2, and PPARG2 participate in biosynthesis, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, COMT, GSTP1, and SOD2 in catabolism and detoxification...
- Androgens and the molecular epidemiology of prostate cancerLisa W Chu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 15:261-70. 2008..In this review, we summarize the current state of the literature and provide insights and direction for epidemiologic research on androgens and prostate cancer...
- Molecular diagnosis of 46,XY DSD and identification of a novel 8 nucleotide deletion in exon 1 of the SRD5A2 geneM R Nagaraja
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanas, India
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:379-85. 2010..Mutational analysis of androgen receptor (AR) and SRD5A2 genes was performed in 29 patients with 46,XY DSD, by PCR-SSCP...
- Hypospadias risk and polymorphism in SRD5A2 and CYP17 genes: case-control study among Indian childrenRatika Samtani
Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
J Urol 185:2334-9. 2011..of the male urethra, we sought to investigate the association between 2 functional polymorphisms, CYP17-A1/A2 and SRD5A2-V89L, which are involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone, respectively, in relation to ..
- Distinct patterns of dysregulated expression of enzymes involved in androgen synthesis and metabolism in metastatic prostate cancer tumorsNicholas Mitsiades
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 72:6142-52. 2012..levels for AR and several steroidogenic enzymes, including SRD5A1, SRD5A3, and AKR1C3, whereas expression of SRD5A2, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and CYP3A7 was decreased. This aberrant expression was rarely associated with CNAs...
- DONNA LORRAINE WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., 5[unreadable]-reductase 2 (SRD5A2)) are associated with risk of advanced biopsy-determined hepatic fibrosis in Caucasian males with chronic ..
- Genetics and the Environment Associated with Male Reproduction (GEAR)Sheela Sathyanarayana; Fiscal Year: 2012..Polymorphisms in several genes including AR, SRD5A2, INSL3/LGR8, ESR1, ESR2, ATF3, CTGF, and CYR61 are associated with adverse male reproductive development...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BIRTH DEFECTSJeanne Manson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The hypothesis of the proposed research study is that allelic variants in the steroid 5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2) gene (susceptible genotype) resulting in decreased 5 alpha reductase enzyme activity will be highly associated ..
- 5 ALPHA REDUCTASE GENOTYPE, RACE PROSTATE CANCER RISKLaurence Kedes; Fiscal Year: 2003..from the male hormone testosterone by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase which is encoded in the prostate by the SRD5A2 gene...
- Androgen Pathway and Genetic Risk of Prostate CancerNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specifically the genes of interest encode: (1) steroid 5 alpha-reductase type II (SRD5A2), which bioactivates androgens in the prostate; (2) androgen receptor (AR), an androgen-dependent nuclear ..
- Estrogen Metabolism and Action in Prostate Cancer Etiology in PCPTAshraful Hoque; Fiscal Year: 2007..The large-scale Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT) (N = 18,882 randomized men) of the 5a-reductase (SRD5A2) inhibitor finasteride (versus placebo) found that inhibiting SRD5A2 from converting testosterone into ..
- Prostate Cancer in Senegalese MenSerigne Gueye; Fiscal Year: 2005..These genes include the cytochromes P450, CYP3A4 and CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the type II 3beta-hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenase (HSD3b2)...
- DETERMINANTS OF STEROID HORMONES IN BLACK AND WHITE MENSusan Gapstur; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., SRD5A2 V89L, IGF-1 CA repeat length, IGFBP-3 A/C, and SHBG TAAAA repeat length) with serum AAG, IGF-1, IGFBP-3 and SHBG ..
- Breast cancer and HRT: genetic susceptibility within th*Kathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2006..and tagSNPs in the PGR gene, and the following progesterone metabolizing genes, AKR1C1, AKR1C2, AKR1C3, SRD5A1, SRD5A2, and the CYP3A4 gene...
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO CANCER IN MULTIETHNIC COHORTSBrian Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this proposal will investigate polymorphisms in candidate genes (NAT2, GSTM1, CYP1A1, SRD5A2, AR, EDH17B2, CYP17, and ER), that might alter metabolism of relevant endogenous or exogenous exposures and their ..
- The Progesterone Receptor Gene and Ovarian Cancer RiskCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also test our previous two case-control studies for any additional identified SNPs, including 326 cases and 493 controls (many of the SNPs have already been tested in these populations). ..
- Targeting of the Androgen Receptor in Prostate CancerJohn Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2005..These peptide prodrugs will be designed so that they are substrates for the enzymatic activity of either Prostate Specific Antigen. ..
- Ovarian Cancer and Gonadotropin SignalingCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modifiers of Cancer Risk in BRCA 1/2 Mutation CarriersTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our substantial multidisciplinary experience will therefore allow us to readily translate basic science and epidemiological data to clinically relevant information. ..
- Prophytactic surgery in carriers of BRCA 1/2 mutationsTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will motivate future studies of BRCA1/2-associated breast tumor biology, prevention, and treatment. ..
- Genetic Polymorphisms Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..CYP11A1, CYP17, CYP19, 3Beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 17BETA hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 2,3, 5, and SRD5A2 genes...
- ETIOLOGIC HETEROGENEITY IN LATE ONSET BREAST CANCERTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these analyses will be used to attempt to elucidate the complex, multifactorial aetiology of late onset breast cancer. ..
- Vascular and Inflammatory Predictors of MCI Risk and ProgressionROSEBUD ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K01 award will culminate in an R01 application that will pave the way for the candidate to become an independent investigator in MCI and AD research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gaining a better understanding of ovarian cancer, which this project will provide, is critical to identifying women at risk and for improving the outcome for women who are diagnosed with this disease. ..
- Ethnic difference in prostate cancerTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These genes include the cytochromes P450 CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP3A43, and CYP19, 5alpha-reductase II (SRD5A2), androgen receptor (AR), and the hydroxy-steroid dehydrogenases type II 3beta (HSD3B) and type 17beta (HSD17B)...