Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Src
Description: SRC proto-oncogene, non-receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: ASV, SRC1, c-SRC, p60-Src, proto-oncogene c-Src, proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase Src, protooncogene SRC, Rous sarcoma, tyrosine kinase pp60c-src, tyrosine-protein kinase SRC-1, v-src avian sarcoma (Schmidt-Ruppin A-2) viral oncogene homolog
Publications276 found, 100 shown here
- Src kinase regulation by phosphorylation and dephosphorylationRobert Roskoski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:1-14. 2005b>Src and Src-family protein-tyrosine kinases are regulatory proteins that play key roles in cell differentiation, motility, proliferation, and survival...
- c-Src-mediated phosphorylation of the epidermal growth factor receptor on Tyr845 and Tyr1101 is associated with modulation of receptor functionJ S Biscardi
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, Box 441, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 274:8335-43. 1999..that interactions between the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase c-Src may contribute to an aggressive phenotype in multiple human tumors...
- Angiopoietin-1 prevents VEGF-induced endothelial permeability by sequestering Src through mDiaJulie Gavard
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 4340, USA
Dev Cell 14:25-36. 2008..Ang1 inhibits the activation of Src by VEGF, the most upstream component of the pathway linking VEGF receptors to VE-cadherin internalization...
- Src family kinase inhibitor PP2 efficiently inhibits cervical cancer cell proliferation through down-regulating phospho-Src-Y416 and phospho-EGFR-Y1173Lu Kong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cancer Institute, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Mol Cell Biochem 348:11-9. 2011..Previous study has indicated that PP2, a selective inhibitor of the Src family of non-receptor tyrosine kinases (nRTK), efficiently repressed cervical cancer growth in vitro and in vivo...
- Identification of Itk/Tsk Src homology 3 domain ligandsS C Bunnell
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25646-56. 1996..SH3 domains to interact with deletion variants of Sam 68 and WASP, we demonstrated that the Itk-SH3 domain and the SH3 domains of Src family kinases bind to overlapping but distinct sets of proline-rich regions in Sam 68 and WASP.
- Crystal structure of the conserved core of HIV-1 Nef complexed with a Src family SH3 domainC H Lee
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 85:931-42. 1996..The Nef-SH3 structure also reveals how high affinity and specificity in the SH3 interaction is achieved by the presentation of the PxxP motif within the context of the folded structure of Nef...
- Stat3 activation by Src induces specific gene regulation and is required for cell transformationJ Turkson
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2545-52. 1998..constitutively elevated tyrosine phosphorylation and DNA-binding activity in fibroblasts stably transformed by the Src oncoprotein...
- HIV-1 inhibits autophagy in bystander macrophage/monocytic cells through Src-Akt and STAT3Jennifer Van Grol
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11733. 2010..Blockade of autophagy was dependent on Src-Akt and STAT3 triggered by HIV-1 Tat and IL-10...
- HIV-1 upregulates VEGF in podocytesSonal Navin Korgaonkar
Department of, New York, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:877-83. 2008..in vitro, and this transcriptional upregulation was found to be stimulated by the HIV viral protein Nef in a Src kinase-and Stat3-dependent manner...
- Migration inhibitory factor up-regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 via Src, PI3 kinase, and NFkappaBM Asif Amin
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 107:2252-61. 2006..05). Antisense oligodeoxynucleotides (ODNs) and inhibitors of Src, PI3K, p38, and NFkappaB significantly reduced rhMIF-induced MN VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 expression (P < .05)...
- Lipoteichoic acid induces HO-1 expression via the TLR2/MyD88/c-Src/NADPH oxidase pathway and Nrf2 in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsI Ta Lee
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
J Immunol 181:5098-110. 2008..by transfection with dominant negative mutants of TLR2 and MyD88, by pretreatment with the inhibitors of c-Src (PP1), NADPH oxidase (diphenylene iodonium chloride (DPI) and apocynin (APO)), and reactive oxygen species (ROS) ..
- Activating SRC mutation in a subset of advanced human colon cancersR B Irby
Department of Surgery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Nat Genet 21:187-90. 1999The discovery of Rous sarcoma virus (RSV) led to the identification of cellular Src (c-Src), a non-receptor tyrosine kinase, which has since been implicated in the development of numerous human cancers...
- Phosphorylation regulates tau interactions with Src homology 3 domains of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, phospholipase Cgamma1, Grb2, and Src family kinasesC Hugh Reynolds
The MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Biol Chem 283:18177-86. 2008..protein tau can associate with various other proteins in addition to tubulin, including the SH3 domains of Src family tyrosine kinases...
- c-Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of IKKbeta is involved in tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expressionWei Chien Huang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10018, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 278:9944-52. 2003..a protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor (staurosporine), tyrosine kinase inhibitors (genistein and herbimycin A), or an Src-specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor (PP2)...
- Density-enhanced phosphatase 1 regulates phosphorylation of tight junction proteins and enhances barrier function of epithelial cellsJennifer L Sallee
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Lineberger Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14997-5006. 2009..These data suggest that DEP-1 can modify the phosphorylation state of tight junction proteins and play a role in regulating permeability...
- The involvement of the tyrosine kinase c-Src in the regulation of reactive oxygen species generation mediated by NADPH oxidase-1Davide Gianni
Departments of Immunology and Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2984-94. 2008..In this study, we investigate the role of the tyrosine kinase c-Src in the regulation of ROS formation by Nox1...
- Activation of ROS/NF-kappaB and Ca2+/CaM kinase II are necessary for VCAM-1 induction in IL-1beta-treated human tracheal smooth muscle cellsShue Fen Luo
Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 237:8-21. 2009..up-regulation of VCAM-1, which was inhibited by pretreatment with selective inhibitors of PKCalpha (Gö6976), c-Src (PP1), NADPH oxidase [diphenylene iodonium (DPI) and apocynin (APO)], intracellular calcium chelator (BAPTA/AM), PI-..
- Integrin αβ1, αvβ, α6β effectors p130Cas, Src and talin regulate carcinoma invasion and chemoresistanceHope A Sansing
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans, School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 406:171-6. 2011..Knockdown of effectors in the oral carcinoma HN12 cells revealed that p130Cas, Dek, Src and talin were required for invasion through Matrigel...
- Elevated c-Src and c-Yes expression in malignant skin cancersJang Hyun Lee
Molecular Cancer Research Center, College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University, Chunan, Korea
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:116. 2010b>Src family kinases (SFKs) play an important role in cancer proliferation, survival, motility, invasiveness, metastasis, and angiogenesis...
- Three-dimensional structure of the tyrosine kinase c-SrcW Xu
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 385:595-602. 1997The structure of a large fragment of the c-Src tyrosine kinase, comprising the regulatory and kinase domains and the carboxy-terminal tall, has been determined at 1.7 A resolution in a closed, inactive state...
- Direct binding of activated c-Src to the beta 3-adrenergic receptor is required for MAP kinase activationW Cao
Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Pharmacology, and Medicine and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38131-4. 2000..We previously showed that c-Src is required for ERK activation by beta(2)AR and that it is recruited to activated beta(2)AR through binding of the ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase at sites in the catalytic domain regulates kinase activity: a role for Src family kinasesM B Calalb
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Mol Cell Biol 15:954-63. 1995..implicated in integrin-mediated signal transduction pathways and in the process of oncogenic transformation by v-Src. Elevation of FAK's phosphotyrosine content, following both cell adhesion to extracellular matrix substrata and ..
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition in head and neck squamous carcinoma: association of Src activation with E-cadherin down-regulation, vimentin expression, and aggressive tumor featuresMahitosh Mandal
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 112:2088-100. 2008..In the current study, the expressions of several factors associated with the induction of EMT in HNSC cell lines and tumor specimens were investigated to define their functional and pathologic role in HNSC...
- ErbB receptor-induced activation of stat transcription factors is mediated by Src tyrosine kinasesM A Olayioye
Friedrich Miescher Institute, P O Box 2543, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:17209-18. 1999..However, we provide evidence that EGF- and neu differentiation factor-induced Stat activation are dependent on Src but not Jak kinases. Upon EGF stimulation, c-Src was rapidly recruited to Stat/ErbB receptor complexes...
- Activation of STAT3 by the Src family kinase Hck requires a functional SH3 domainSteven J Schreiner
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45680-7. 2002STAT3 is a member of a family of transcription factors with Src homology 2 (SH2) domains that are activated by tyrosine phosphorylation in response to a wide variety of cytokines and growth factors...
- TRANCE, a TNF family member, activates Akt/PKB through a signaling complex involving TRAF6 and c-SrcB R Wong
Laboratory of Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 4:1041-9. 1999..that TRANCE activates the antiapoptotic serine/threonine kinase Akt/PKB through a signaling complex involving c-Src and TRAF6...
- Is expression or activation of Src kinase associated with cancer-specific survival in ER-, PR- and HER2-negative breast cancer patients?Beatrix Elsberger
Section of Surgery, Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Am J Pathol 175:1389-97. 2009The aim of the current study was to assess the expression levels of c-Src and phosphorylated Src kinase in human breast cancers and to establish if these are linked to oestrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and human epidermal growth ..
- Role of c-Src in human MCF7 breast cancer cell tumorigenesisLorena Gonzalez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols CSIC UAM, Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 281:20851-64. 2006To study the role of c-Src in breast cancer tumorigenesis, we generated a cell line derived from MCF7 carrying an inducible dominant negative c-Src (c-SrcDN: K295M/Y527F) under tetracycline control (Tet-On system)...
- Src kinase activity is regulated by the SHP-1 protein-tyrosine phosphataseA K Somani
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto and The Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Biol Chem 272:21113-9. 1997Activation of the cellular Src tyrosine kinase depends upon dephosphorylation of the carboxyl-terminal inhibitory tyrosine phosphorylation site...
- Role of c-Src and focal adhesion kinase in progression and metastasis of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerMaricarmen D Planas-Silva
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:73-81. 2006The non-receptor tyrosine kinases c-Src and focal adhesion kinase (Fak) mediate signal transduction pathways that regulate cell proliferation, survival, invasion, and metastasis...
- Ligand-dependent degradation of SRC-1 is pivotal for progesterone receptor transcriptional activityLarbi Amazit
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 693, 63 rue Gabriel Peri, Le Kremlin Bicêtre F 94276, France
Mol Endocrinol 25:394-408. 2011..PR), a ligand-activated transcription factor, recruits the primary coactivator steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) gene promoters...
- Regulation of RKIP binding to the N-region of the Raf-1 kinaseSungdae Park
Medical University of Ohio, Department of Biochemistry and Cancer Biology, 3035 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614 5804, USA
FEBS Lett 580:6405-12. 2006....
- SRC family kinase activity is up-regulated in hormone-refractory prostate cancerOleg Tatarov
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Clin Cancer Res 15:3540-9. 2009Although Src family kinase (SFK) inhibitors are now in clinical trials for the treatment of androgen-independent prostate cancer (AIPC), there are no studies relating SFK activation to patient survival...
- Delayed activation of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/Src/MAPK/Egr-1 signaling regulates clusterin expression, a pro-survival factorTracy Criswell
Department of Radiation Oncology and Program in Molecular and Cellular Basis of Disease, Laboratory of Molecular Stress Responses, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 7285, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14212-21. 2005..Activated IGF-1R then stimulates the downstream Src-Mek-Erk signal transduction cascade to ultimately transactivate the early growth response-1 (Egr-1) transcription ..
- Intestinal epithelial cancer cell anoikis resistance: EGFR-mediated sustained activation of Src overrides Fak-dependent signaling to MEK/Erk and/or PI3-K/Akt-1Marie Josée Demers
Département d Anatomie et de Biologie Cellulaire, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Biochem 107:639-54. 2009Herein, we investigated the survival roles of Fak, Src, MEK/Erk, and PI3-K/Akt-1 in intestinal epithelial cancer cells (HCT116, HT29, and T84), in comparison to undifferentiated and differentiated intestinal epithelial cells (IECs)...
- A transforming Src mutant increases the bioavailability of EGFR ligands via stimulation of the cell-surface metalloproteinase ADAM17T Maretzky
Arthritis and Tissue Degeneration Program, Hospital for Special Surgery at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 30:611-8. 2011..The main goal of this study was to evaluate the role of Src in activating ADAM17...
- Slit2/Robo4 signaling modulates HIV-1 gp120-induced lymphatic hyperpermeabilityXuefeng Zhang
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002461. 2012..a Robo4 agonist, protected lymphatic endothelial cells from HIV-1 gp120-induced hyperpermeability by inhibiting c-Src kinase activation...
- Src activates HIF-1α not through direct phosphorylation of HIF-1α specific prolyl-4 hydroxylase 2 but through activation of the NADPH oxidase/Rac pathwayHo Youl Lee
Department of Life Science, University of Seoul, Siripdae gil 13, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Korea
Carcinogenesis 32:703-12. 2011..Hydroxylated HIF-1α becomes a target for von Hippel-Lindau (VHL), which functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase. Src prevents hydroxylation-dependent ubiquitinylation of HIF-1α, thus stabilizing it under normoxic conditions...
- MMP-9 silencing regulates hTERT expression via β1 integrin-mediated FAK signaling and induces senescence in glioma xenograft cellsShivani Ponnala
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Cell Signal 23:2065-75. 2011..Taken together, these data provide new insights into the mechanisms underlying MMP-9-mediated hTERT expression in glioma proliferation...
- The SRC-associated protein CUB Domain-Containing Protein-1 regulates adhesion and motilityC H Benes
Department of Medicine, Division of Signal Transduction, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Oncogene 31:653-63. 2012Multiple SRC-family kinases (SFKs) are commonly activated in carcinoma and appear to have a role in metastasis through incompletely understood mechanisms...
- Hydrogen peroxide activates focal adhesion kinase and c-Src by a phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase-dependent mechanism and promotes cell migration in Caco-2 cell monolayersShyamali Basuroy
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G186-95. 2010Recent studies showed that c-Src and phosphatidylinositol 3 (PI3) kinase mediate the oxidative stress-induced disruption of tight junctions in Caco-2 cell monolayers...
- Regulation of arrestin-3 phosphorylation by casein kinase IIYou Me Kim
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16837-46. 2002..states of arrestin-3 promote beta(2)-adrenergic receptor internalization and bind clathrin, beta-adaptin, and Src to comparable levels as wild type arrestin-3...
- Activation and association of Stat3 with Src in v-Src-transformed cell linesX Cao
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 16:1595-603. 1996..Stat3 is also activated by CSF-1, possibly through CSF-1 receptor-c Src association in NIH 3T3 cells overexpressing CSF-1 receptors...
- MUC1 initiates Src-CrkL-Rac1/Cdc42-mediated actin cytoskeletal protrusive motility after ligating intercellular adhesion molecule-1Qiang Shen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, 5B4 21 Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2R7
Mol Cancer Res 6:555-67. 2008..Further, we show that these MUC1/ICAM-1 interaction-initiated lamellipodial and filopodial protrusions require Src family kinase and CT10 regulator of kinase like (CrkL) accompanied by the rapid formation of a Src-CrkL signaling ..
- Type 1 TNF receptor forms a complex with and uses Jak2 and c-Src to selectively engage signaling pathways that regulate transcription factor activityRoxana Pincheira
Department of Surgery and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Immunol 181:1288-98. 2008..In this study, we show that TNFR1 associates with Jak2, c-Src, and PI3K in various cell types...
- PKA phosphorylation of Src mediates Rap1 activation in NGF and cAMP signaling in PC12 cellsYutaro Obara
The Vollum Institute, L474, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 117:6085-94. 2004Recent studies suggest that the tyrosine kinase Src plays an important role in the hormonal regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) via cyclic AMP (cAMP)...
- Adhesion or plasmin regulates tyrosine phosphorylation of a novel membrane glycoprotein p80/gp140/CUB domain-containing protein 1 in epitheliaTod A Brown
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14772-83. 2004..Phosphorylation of gp140 and p80 are mediated by Src family kinases at multiple Tyr residues including Tyr(734). Dephosphorylation is mediated by PTP(s)...
- p27 phosphorylation by Src regulates inhibition of cyclin E-Cdk2Isabel Chu
Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute of the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cell 128:281-94. 2007..Here, we present data indicating that the oncogenic kinase Src regulates p27 stability through phosphorylation of p27 at tyrosine 74 and tyrosine 88...
- Gab2, a new pleckstrin homology domain-containing adapter protein, acts to uncouple signaling from ERK kinase to Elk-1C Zhao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5254, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19649-54. 1999..This is the first evidence that an intracellular molecule with a PH domain operates as a negative effector in signal relay to the regulation of gene expression...
- Biochemical interactions integrating Itk with the T cell receptor-initiated signaling cascadeS C Bunnell
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2219-30. 2000..Second, the Itk proline-rich region binds to Grb2 and LAT. Third, the Itk Src homology (SH3) 3 and SH2 domains interact cooperatively with Syk-phosphorylated SLP-76...
- PTP1B contributes to the oncogenic properties of colon cancer cells through Src activationShudong Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cancer Res 67:10129-37. 2007b>Src-specific activity has been reported to be elevated in a high percentage of colon cancer cell lines and tumors, but the underlying mechanisms are largely unknown...
- Entry of Neisseria meningitidis into mammalian cells requires the Src family protein tyrosine kinasesHeiko Slanina
Institute of Hygiene and Microbiology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Infect Immun 78:1905-14. 2010..meningitidis. We determined that the Src protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) are activated in response to contact with N. meningitidis...
- Steroid receptor coactivator-1 upregulates integrin α₅ expression to promote breast cancer cell adhesion and migrationLi Qin
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 71:1742-51. 2011..Steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1 or NCOA1) is overexpressed in a subset of breast cancers with poor prognosis...
- Coactivators PGC-1beta and SRC-1 interact functionally to promote the agonist activity of the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifenDieter Kressler
Division of Biochemistry, Biozentrum of the University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 282:26897-907. 2007..PGC-1beta interacts directly with the hinge/AF-2a and LBD regions but indirectly and via the coactivator SRC-1 with the N-terminal domain...
- Coordinate activation of c-Src by SH3- and SH2-binding sites on a novel p130Cas-related protein, SinK Alexandropoulos
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Genes Dev 10:1341-55. 1996To understand how protein-protein interactions mediated by the Src-SH3 domain affect c-Src signaling, we screened for proteins that interact with the Src-SH3...
- The role of cooperativity with Src in oncogenic transformation mediated by non-small cell lung cancer-associated EGF receptor mutantsB M Chung
Eppley Institute for Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 6805, USA
Oncogene 28:1821-32. 2009..the possibility that the ability of mutant EGFRs to transform cells reflects a constitutive cooperativity with Src using a system in which the overexpression of mutant, but not wild-type, EGFR induced anchorage-independent cell ..
- 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced angiogenesis requires Src-mediated Egr-1-dependent rapid induction of FGF-2 expressionVenkatesh Kundumani-Sridharan
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Blood 115:2105-16. 2010..15(S)-HETE-induced Egr-1 expression requires Src activation...
- Phospholipase D1 is threonine-phosphorylated in human-airway epithelial cells stimulated by sphingosine-1-phosphate by a mechanism involving Src tyrosine kinase and protein kinase CdeltaAnna Ghelli
Dipart di Biologia Ev Sp, Via Irnerio 42, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 366:187-93. 2002..in the presence of 4-amino-5-(4-methylphenyl)-7-(t-butyl) pyrazolo [3,4-d] pyrimidine (PP1), an inhibitor of Src tyrosine kinase. Furthermore, the activity of Src kinase was slightly increased by SPP and inhibited by PP1...
- Activating signal cointegrator 1, a novel transcription coactivator of nuclear receptors, and its cytosolic localization under conditions of serum deprivationH J Kim
Center for Ligand and Transcription, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
Mol Cell Biol 19:6323-32. 1999..sites for basal transcription factors TBP and TFIIA, transcription integrators steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1) and CBP-p300, and nuclear receptors, as demonstrated by the glutathione S-transferase pull-down assays and the ..
- The tumor suppressor DAPK is reciprocally regulated by tyrosine kinase Src and phosphatase LARWon Jing Wang
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Mol Cell 27:701-16. 2007..Conversely, Src phosphorylates DAPK at Y491/492, which induces DAPK intra-/intermolecular interaction and inactivation...
- Non-cysteine linked MUC1 cytoplasmic dimers are required for Src recruitment and ICAM-1 binding induced cell invasionAshlyn J Bernier
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, 3 70 Heritage Medical Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2S2, Canada
Mol Cancer 10:93. 2011..These events were found to involve Src kinase, a non-receptor tyrosine kinase also implicated in breast cancer initiation and progression...
- The tyrosine kinase c-Src directly mediates growth factor-induced Notch-1 and Furin interaction and Notch-1 activation in pancreatic cancer cellsYong Chao Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cancer Institute, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e33414. 2012..the present study, we found that the Notch-1-Furin interaction is regulated by the non-receptor tyrosine kinase, c-Src. c-Src and Notch-1 are physically associated, and this association is responsible for Notch-1 processing and ..
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase-alpha and Src functionally link focal adhesions to the endoplasmic reticulum to mediate interleukin-1-induced Ca2+ signalingQin Wang
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Matrix Dynamics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:20763-72. 2009..In response to IL-1, catalytically active PTPalpha was required for Ca2+ release from the ER, Src-dependent phosphorylation of IP3R1 and accumulation of IP3R1 in focal adhesions...
- Specific oncogenic activity of the Src-family tyrosine kinase c-Yes in colon carcinoma cellsFlorence Sancier
Institut de Recherches Servier, Croissy sur Seine, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17237. 2011c-Yes, a member of the Src tyrosine kinase family, is found highly activated in colon carcinoma but its importance relative to c-Src has remained unclear...
- Endothelin-1 decreases gap junctional intercellular communication by inducing phosphorylation of connexin 43 in human ovarian carcinoma cellsFrancesca Spinella
Laboratories of Molecular Pathology and Ultrastructure and Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome 00158, Italy
J Biol Chem 278:41294-301. 2003..Gap junction closure was prevented by tyrphostin 25 and by the selective c-Src inhibitor, PP2...
- Histidine triad nucleotide-binding protein 1 up-regulates cellular levels of p27KIP1 by targeting ScfSKP2 ubiquitin ligase and SrcBo Cen
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 284:5265-76. 2009..HINT1 directly interacts with the SCF(SKP2) ubiquitin ligase complex and inhibits the ubiquitylation of p27(KIP1). Src has been shown to phosphorylate p27(KIP1) and thus decrease its stability...
- Fibronectin induces endothelial cell migration through β1 integrin and Src-dependent phosphorylation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 at tyrosines 653/654 and 766Li Zou
Gastroenterology Research Unit and Cancer Cell Biology Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 287:7190-202. 2012..Complementary genetic and pharmacologic approaches identify that the non-receptor tyrosine kinase Src is required for FN transactivation of FGFR1...
- c-Src is involved in regulating signal transmission from PDGFbeta receptor-GPCR(s) complexes in mammalian cellsCatherine M Waters
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow G4 ONR, UK
Cell Signal 17:263-77. 2005..We now demonstrate that c-Src participates in regulating the endocytosis of PDGFbeta receptor-GPCR complexes in response to PDGF...
- SRC directly phosphorylates Bif-1 and prevents its interaction with Bax and the initiation of anoikisHirohito Yamaguchi
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 283:19112-8. 2008..The protein kinase c-Src binds to and directly phosphorylates Bif-1 on tyrosine 80...
- Fibronectin and type IV collagen activate ERalpha AF-1 by c-Src pathway: effect on breast cancer cell motilityDiego Sisci
Dipartimento Farmaco Biologico, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Italy
Oncogene 23:8920-30. 2004..It is worth noting that c-Src activation is coincident with adhesion of cells to ECM proteins and that the inhibition of c-Src activity by PP2 or ..
- A new isoform of steroid receptor coactivator-1 is crucial for pathogenic progression of endometriosisSang Jun Han
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Med 18:1102-11. 2012..An SRC-1-null mouse model reveals that the mouse SRC-1 gene has an essential role in endometriosis progression...
- Recovery of anoikis in Src-transformed cells and human breast carcinoma cells by restoration of the SIRP α1/SHP-2 signaling systemKazuo Hara
Department of Gastroenterology and Division of Cancer Biology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Cancer Res 71:1229-34. 2011b>Src kinase dysregulation contributes to cancer progression but mechanistic understanding for this contribution remains incomplete...
- Steroid receptor coactivator-1 interacts with serum response factor and coactivates serum response element-mediated transactivationsH J Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Kwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 273:28564-7. 1998Steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) specifically bound to serum response factor (SRF), as demonstrated by glutathione S-transferase pull down assays, and the yeast and mammalian two-hybrid tests...
- TRAF6 and C-SRC induce synergistic AP-1 activation via PI3-kinase-AKT-JNK pathwayMegumi Funakoshi-Tago
Department of Biochemistry, Kyoritsu College of Pharmacy, 1 5 30 Shibakoen, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8512, Japan
Eur J Biochem 270:1257-68. 2003..We found that IL-1-mediated c-Src activation was required for AP-1 activation, but not for NF-kappa B activation and also revealed that c-Src-induced ..
- c-Src regulates constitutive and EGF-mediated VEGF expression in pancreatic tumor cells through activation of phosphatidyl inositol-3 kinase and p38 MAPKJustin M Summy
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Cancer Biology, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Pancreas 31:263-74. 2005..aberrantly activated and/or overexpressed in pancreatic tumors, including the nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase Src. The goal of this study was to determine the role of Src in regulating VEGF expression and angiogenic potential in ..
- Interaction between von Willebrand factor and glycoprotein Ib activates Src kinase in human platelets: role of phosphoinositide 3-kinaseYi Wu
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho, Nakakoma, Yamanashi, Japan
Blood 101:3469-76. 2003..Recent studies have implied that activation of Src family kinases is involved in GPIb-mediated platelet activation, although the related signal transduction pathway ..
- Calcium-induced human keratinocyte differentiation requires src- and fyn-mediated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent activation of phospholipase C-gamma1Zhongjian Xie
Endocrine Unit, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Northern California Institute for Research and Education and University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3236-46. 2005..In the present study, we investigated whether the activation of PLC-gamma1 by nonreceptor kinases such as src and fyn plays a role in mediating this process...
- Nerve growth factor stimulates multisite tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of the atypical protein kinase C's via a src kinase pathwayM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, 331 Funchess Hall, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8414-27. 2001..phosphorylation and activation of PKC-iota were inhibited in a dose-dependent manner by both PP2 and K252a, src and TrkA kinase inhibitors. Purified src was observed to phosphorylate and activate PKC-iota in vitro...
- Sustained Src inhibition results in signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) activation and cancer cell survival via altered Janus-activated kinase-STAT3 bindingBanibrata Sen
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Res 69:1958-65. 2009..One promising molecular target in HNSCC is the Src family kinases (SFK)...
- Ret-mediated mitogenesis requires Src kinase activityR M Melillo
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia di Napoli, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 59:1120-6. 1999..TKs results in the binding and activation of downstream signaling proteins, among which are nonreceptor TKs of the Src family...
- Signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 binding to the fibroblast growth factor receptor is activated by receptor amplificationAnna A Dudka
CRUK Growth Factor Group, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 70:3391-401. 2010..Tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT3 was also dependent on concomitant FGFR-dependent activity of SRC and JAK kinases...
- A novel signaling molecule, p130, forms stable complexes in vivo with v-Crk and v-Src in a tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent mannerR Sakai
Molecular Biology Division, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
EMBO J 13:3748-56. 1994p47v-crk (v-Crk), a transforming gene product containing Src homology (SH)-2 and -3 domains, induces an elevated level of tyrosine phosphorylation of several cellular proteins...
- TRAF6 activation of PI 3-kinase-dependent cytoskeletal changes is cooperative with Ras and is mediated by an interaction with cytoplasmic SrcKent Z Q Wang
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Cell Sci 119:1579-91. 2006..It was observed that PI 3-kinase was activated either by treatment with IL-1 or by expression of either TRAF6, Src, MyD88 or dominant-positive PI 3-kinase, and resulted in the formation of long filopodia-like cellular protrusions ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of I-kappa B kinase alpha/beta by protein kinase C-dependent c-Src activation is involved in TNF-alpha-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expressionWei Chien Huang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Immunol 170:4767-75. 2003..A protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor (staurosporine), tyrosine kinase inhibitors (genistein and herbimycin A), or a Src kinase inhibitor (PP2) attenuated TNF-alpha- or 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced COX-2 promoter ..
- Signaling within a coactivator complex: methylation of SRC-3/AIB1 is a molecular switch for complex disassemblyQin Feng
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7846-57. 2006..Steroid receptor coactivator 3 (SRC-3) coactivator phosphorylation has been shown to regulate coactivator complex assembly, but the mechanisms by which ..
- Fyn and SRC are effectors of oncogenic epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in glioblastoma patientsKan V Lu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, USA
Cancer Res 69:6889-98. 2009..However, clinical responses to EGFR inhibitors are infrequent and short-lived. We show that the Src family kinases (SFK) Fyn and Src are effectors of oncogenic EGFR signaling, enhancing invasion and tumor cell ..
- Focal adhesion kinase tyrosine-861 is a major site of phosphorylation by SrcM B Calalb
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 228:662-8. 1996..The major autophosphorylation site is tyrosine-397, which interacts with the Src homology 2 (SH2) domain of Src-family kinases including Src and Fyn...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate directs association of Src homology 2-containing signaling proteins with gelsolinM A Chellaiah
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, 666 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 276:47434-44. 2001..Here we show that gelsolin coprecipitates some of the focal adhesion-associated proteins such as c-Src, phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), p130(Cas), focal adhesion kinase, integrin alpha(v)beta(3), vinculin, talin, and ..
- Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression in human gastric epithelial cells by Helicobacter pylori involves TLR2/TLR9 and c-Src-dependent nuclear factor-kappaB activationYa Jen Chang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 66:1465-77. 2004..Phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC), protein kinase C (PKC), and Src inhibitors inhibited COX-2 induction...
- Translocation of Src kinase to the cell periphery is mediated by the actin cytoskeleton under the control of the Rho family of small G proteinsV J Fincham
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, CRC Beatson Laboratories, Glasgow, Scotland
J Cell Biol 135:1551-64. 1996We have isolated Swiss 3T3 subclones that are resistant to the mitogenic and morphological transforming effects of v-Src as a consequence of aberrant translocation of the oncoprotein under low serum conditions...
- Identification of preferred protein interactions by phage-display of the human Src homology-3 proteomeSatu Kärkkäinen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 8, Tampere 33014, Finland
EMBO Rep 7:186-91. 2006We have determined the human genome to contain 296 different Src homology-3 (SH3) domains and cloned them into a phage-display vector...
- Tissue microarray analysis of signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 (Stat3) and phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) in node-negative breast cancer shows nuclear localization is associated with a better prognosisMarisa Dolled-Filhart
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:594-600. 2003....
- Src mediates prolactin-dependent proliferation of T47D and MCF7 cells via the activation of focal adhesion kinase/Erk1/2 and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwaysJuan J Acosta
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas A Sols, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Mol Endocrinol 17:2268-82. 2003..Here we studied the role of c-Src on PRL-stimulated proliferation of T47D and MCF7 breast cancer cells...
- c-Src/histone deacetylase 3 interaction is crucial for hepatocyte growth factor dependent decrease of CXCR4 expression in highly invasive breast tumor cellsEmanuela Matteucci
Institute of General Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Milan, via Luigi Mangiagalli, 31 20133 Milan, Italy
Mol Cancer Res 5:833-45. 2007..invasive) breast carcinoma cells, and here, we show that completely different molecular mechanisms downstream of c-Src activation were involved...
- Semaphorin 4D/plexin-B1 induces endothelial cell migration through the activation of PYK2, Src, and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathwayJohn R Basile
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6889-98. 2005..the activation of an intracellular tyrosine kinase cascade that involves the sequential activation of PYK2 and Src. This results in the tyrosine phosphorylation of Plexin-B1, the rapid recruitment of a multimeric signaling complex ..
- Identification of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B as the major tyrosine phosphatase activity capable of dephosphorylating and activating c-Src in several human breast cancer cell linesJ D Bjorge
Cancer Biology Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:41439-46. 2000c-Src tyrosine kinase activity is elevated in several types of human cancer, and this has been attributed to elevated c-Src expression levels, increased c-Src specific activity, and activating mutations in c-Src...
- Identification of tyrosine phosphorylation sites on 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 and their role in regulating kinase activityJ Park
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Maulbeerstrasse 66, Basel CH 4058, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:37459-71. 2001..Both of these residues can be phosphorylated by v-Src tyrosine kinase in vitro, and co-expression of v-Src leads to tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of PDK1...
- Cell adhesion-dependent cofilin serine 3 phosphorylation by the integrin-linked kinase.c-Src complexYong Bae Kim
Department of Tumor Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Cell Dynamics Research Center, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:10089-96. 2008..with suspended cells, fibronectin-adherent cells showed enhanced pS(3)cofilin, depending on ILK expression and c-Src activity...
- Stem cell factor induces phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase-dependent Lyn/Tec/Dok-1 complex formation in hematopoietic cellsT B van Dijk
Institute of Hematology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 96:3406-13. 2000..These findings suggest that p62Dok-1 may function as an important scaffold molecule in cKit-mediated signaling...
- Coordinate interactions of Csk, Src, and Syk kinases with [alpha]IIb[beta]3 initiate integrin signaling to the cytoskeletonAchim Obergfell
Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 157:265-75. 2002..We find here that Src associates constitutively with integrin alphaIIbbeta3 in platelets...
- Combined inhibition of c-Src and epidermal growth factor receptor abrogates growth and invasion of head and neck squamous cell carcinomaPriya Koppikar
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4284-91. 2008..b>Src family kinases, including c-Src, mediate a variety of intracellular or extracellular signals that contribute to ..
- A Continuous Monitor for Arsenic in Drinking WaterWilliam Dietze; Fiscal Year: 2004TraceDetect and Frontier Geosciences aim to develop a stand-alone ASV instrument with performance that is comparable to or better than most atomic spectroscopic detectors currently used for the determination of arsenic in waters...
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF VIROLOGYROLAND RUECKERT; Fiscal Year: 1990..The American Society for Virology (ASV) recognizes a critical need to support the future of virus research and its application to today's demanding ..
- Metabolism and Toxicity of Arsenic in the Human LiverMiroslav Styblo; Fiscal Year: 2010..that express AS3MT methylate iAs to methyl-As (MAs) and dimethyl-As (DMAs) species that contain either AsIII or AsV. These metabolites are also found in urine of individuals exposed to iAs from environmental sources and patients ..
- Structure/Function Analysis of the Retrovirus IntegraseJONATHAN P LEIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..strategy that substituted unique amino acid residues from structurally related positions in avian sarcoma virus (ASV) into HIV-1 IN...
- Treatment of Sleep Disordered Breathing in Atrial FibrillationSEAN MICHAEL CAPLES; Fiscal Year: 2010..Utilizing adaptive servoventilation (ASV), a newer PAP device effective for treatment of both OSA and CSA, we will measure important cardiovascular and ..
- Portable High Resolution Detector for Rapid Field Arsenic Test in Drinking WaterKING WANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..to measure arsenic include Colorimetric Test Kits, Portable X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), Anodic Stripping Voltammetry (ASV), and Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), etc, however all of them have different disadvantages to be ..
- Programmed Adipogenesis and Lipid DysregulationMina Desai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, (i) decreased co- repressor, NCoR, (ii) increased co-activator, SRC1, and (iii) reduced inhibition of PPAR[unreadable]2 via ERK1/2-mediated phosphorylation...
- A Novel Sensor for total Mercury in Fish TissueSHANTHA SARANGAPANI; Fiscal Year: 2002..electrodes with dendrimer-gold nano composite for the "in situ" anodic stripping voltammetric analysis (ASV) of total mercury in fish tissue samples. Alternate methods of sample preparations will be tested...
- American Society for Virology Junior Scientist Travel RequestDorothea L Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2010The American Society for Virology (ASV) wishes to provide, through this five-year block grant, partial support for the travel of 45 pre-doctoral students, 25 post-doctoral fellows, and 4 U.S...
- INTL CONG OF VIROLOGY, SAN FRANCISCO, ASV TRAVEL REQUESTPATRICIA SPEAR; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ASV considers one excellent way to stimulate and aid junior researchers in their future work is to enable them to ..
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF VIROLOGY, SYDNEYThomas Shenk; Fiscal Year: 1999The American Society for Virology (ASV) requests funds to provide partial support for the travel of selected outstanding junior virologists to participate in the 11th International Congress of Virology (ICV) to be held August, 1999 in ..
- INT CONGRESS OF VIROLOGY GLASGOW ASV BLOC TRAVEL REQUESTMAX SUMMERS; Fiscal Year: 1993The objective of this proposal by the American Society for Virology (ASV) is to provide partial support for the travel of selected outstanding junior American virologists to attend and participate in the Ninth International Congress of ..
- INTL CONG OF VIROLOGY, PARISDENNIS O CALLAGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2002The American Society for Virology (ASV) requests funds to provide partial support for the travel of selected outstanding junior virologists to participate in the 12th International Congress of Virology (ICV) to be held 27 July - 1 Aug ..
- CRF-Type-2 Receptor Antagonists for AnxietyKathleen Gogas; Fiscal Year: 2002..and urocortin II verified the importance of the CRF2 receptor in anorectic behavior, but the antisauvagine-30 (ASV-30) data also suggested that the CRF2 receptor may be involved in emotional behavior and anxiety...
- ASV INTEGRASE--MECHANISM OF DNA BINDING AND RECOGNITIONIsaac Wong; Fiscal Year: 2002..titration techniques to elucidate the mechanism of cognate-site (CATT) recognition by the Avian Sarcoma Virus (ASV) integrase (IN) and to define the structure- function relationship between recognition and regulation of catalytic ..
- Understanding the Mechanism of Retrovirus BuddingJonathan Leis; Fiscal Year: 2009..To understand the nature of these protein complexes, Gag polyproteins from avian sarcoma (ASV), human immunodeficiency, type I, (HIV-1) and Moloney murine leukemia (MuLV) viruses will be isolated from cells ..
- Crosslinking stabilization of integrase-DNA complexesELENA PELETSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to obtain stabilized IN-DNA complexes suitable for structural and biochemical studies of HIV-1 and ASV integrase by chemically crosslinking the protein to nucleic acid, without distorting their structures...
- Natural Mutation at the Coactivator Binding Site of ERMark Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2002..experiments; 3) to isolate via RT-PCR and assay transcription with ER interacting! p160 coactivator clones SRC1, GRIP1, and NCOR cDNAs recovered from tissue samples, and 4) to isolate and identify further naturally occurring ER ..
- CONVECTION ENHANCED DRUG DELIVERY TO BRAIN TUMORSDENNIS GROOTHUIS; Fiscal Year: 2000..Second, we will delivery antisense oligonucleotides (ODN) against VEGF and bFGF to ASV-induced gliomas in dogs to suppress tumor angiogenesis...
- AVIAN SARCOMA VIRUS TRANSFORMATION-SPECIFIC ANTIGENSRaymond Erikson; Fiscal Year: 1980..This study is directed toward the identification of avian sarcoma virus (ASV)-coded non-virion proteins...
- INTEGRATION OF RNA TUMOR VIRUSES IN MAMMALIAN CELLSCarolyn Collins; Fiscal Year: 1980..The overall objective of our research effort is to understand the control of integrated avian sarcoma virus (ASV) gene expression in a number of different ASV-infected transformed and revertant mammalian cell lines...