Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRC-1
Description: nuclear receptor coactivator 1
Alias: F-SRC-1, KAT13A, RIP160, SRC1, bHLHe42, bHLHe74, nuclear receptor coactivator 1, Hin-2 protein, class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 74, renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-52, steroid receptor coactivator-1
- Sheppard H, Harries J, Hussain S, Bevan C, Heery D. Analysis of the steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC1)-CREB binding protein interaction interface and its importance for the function of SRC1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:39-50 pubmedThe transcriptional activity of nuclear receptors is mediated by coactivator proteins, including steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC1) and its homologues and the general coactivators CREB binding protein (CBP) and p300...
- Litterst C, Pfitzner E. Transcriptional activation by STAT6 requires the direct interaction with NCoA-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45713-21 pubmed..These findings provide new mechanistic insights into how STAT6 can recruit coactivators required for IL-4-dependent transactivation. ..
- Onate S, Tsai S, Tsai M, O Malley B. Sequence and characterization of a coactivator for the steroid hormone receptor superfamily. Science. 1995;270:1354-7 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that SRC-1 encodes a coactivator that is required for full transcriptional activity of the steroid receptor superfamily. ..
- Fleming F, Hill A, McDermott E, O Higgins N, Young L. Differential recruitment of coregulator proteins steroid receptor coactivator-1 and silencing mediator for retinoid and thyroid receptors to the estrogen receptor-estrogen response element by beta-estradiol and 4-hydroxytamoxifen in human breast canc. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:375-83 pubmed..Differential recruitment of SRC-1 and SMRT by ER-alpha and ER-beta in the presence of beta-estradiol and 4-OHT may be central to the response of the tumor to endocrine treatment. ..
- Na S, Lee S, Han S, Choi H, Im S, Lee J. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 interacts with the p50 subunit and coactivates nuclear factor kappaB-mediated transactivations. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10831-4 pubmed
- Koh S, Chen D, Lee Y, Stallcup M. Synergistic enhancement of nuclear receptor function by p160 coactivators and two coactivators with protein methyltransferase activities. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1089-98 pubmed..Because multiple coactivators are presumably required to mediate transcriptional activation of native genes in vivo, the low-NR conditions may provide a more physiologically relevant assay for coactivator function. ..
- Heery D, Kalkhoven E, Hoare S, Parker M. A signature motif in transcriptional co-activators mediates binding to nuclear receptors. Nature. 1997;387:733-6 pubmed..We propose that the LXXLL motif is a signature sequence that facilitates the interaction of different proteins with nuclear receptors, and is thus a defining feature of a new family of nuclear proteins. ..
- Chen D, Ma H, Hong H, Koh S, Huang S, Schurter B, et al. Regulation of transcription by a protein methyltransferase. Science. 1999;284:2174-7 pubmed..Thus, coactivator-mediated methylation of proteins in the transcription machinery may contribute to transcriptional regulation. ..
- Myers E, Hill A, Kelly G, McDermott E, O Higgins N, Buggy Y, et al. Associations and interactions between Ets-1 and Ets-2 and coregulatory proteins, SRC-1, AIB1, and NCoR in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2111-22 pubmed..0001 and P < 0.0001, respectively). These data describe associations and interactions between nonsteroid transcription factors and coregulatory proteins in human breast cancer. ..
- McKenna N, Nawaz Z, Tsai S, Tsai M, O Malley B. Distinct steady-state nuclear receptor coregulator complexes exist in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:11697-702 pubmed..Our results suggest that the assembly of large, modular transcriptional complexes by recruitment of distinct subclasses of preformed coregulator subcomplexes may be involved in transcriptional regulation by activated nuclear receptors. ..
- Beischlag T, Wang S, Rose D, Torchia J, Reisz Porszasz S, Muhammad K, et al. Recruitment of the NCoA/SRC-1/p160 family of transcriptional coactivators by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor/aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4319-33 pubmed..Taken together, these data support a role for the SRC family of transcriptional coactivators in TCDD-dependent gene regulation. ..
- Puigserver P, Adelmant G, Wu Z, Fan M, Xu J, O MALLEY B, et al. Activation of PPARgamma coactivator-1 through transcription factor docking. Science. 1999;286:1368-71 pubmed..Thus, transcription factor docking switches on the activity of a coactivator protein. ..
- Needham M, Raines S, McPheat J, Stacey C, Ellston J, Hoare S, et al. Differential interaction of steroid hormone receptors with LXXLL motifs in SRC-1a depends on residues flanking the motif. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2000;72:35-46 pubmed..We show that the interactions depend not only on the LXXLL motif itself but also on residues flanking the motif. ..
- Northrop J, Nguyen D, Piplani S, Olivan S, Kwan S, Go N, et al. Selection of estrogen receptor beta- and thyroid hormone receptor beta-specific coactivator-mimetic peptides using recombinant peptide libraries. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:605-22 pubmed..Finally, by directed mutations in specific residues, we were able to alter the receptor binding preference of these peptides. ..
- Ma H, Hong H, Huang S, Irvine R, Webb P, Kushner P, et al. Multiple signal input and output domains of the 160-kilodalton nuclear receptor coactivator proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6164-73 pubmed..that the C-terminal region of p160 coactivators glucocorticoid receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1), steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1a), and SRC-1e binds the N-terminal AF-1 activation function of the androgen receptor (AR), and ..
- Mak H, Hoare S, Henttu P, Parker M. Molecular determinants of the estrogen receptor-coactivator interface. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3895-903 pubmed
- Takeshita A, Cardona G, Koibuchi N, Suen C, Chin W. TRAM-1, A novel 160-kDa thyroid hormone receptor activator molecule, exhibits distinct properties from steroid receptor coactivator-1. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:27629-34 pubmed..These results suggest that TRAM-1 is a coactivator that may exhibit its activity by interacting with subdomains of NRs other than the AF-2 region, in contrast to SRC-1/TIF2. ..
- Fujita T, Kobayashi Y, Wada O, Tateishi Y, Kitada L, Yamamoto Y, et al. Full activation of estrogen receptor alpha activation function-1 induces proliferation of breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26704-14 pubmed..These results indicated that fully activated AF-1 induces the stimulation of breast cancer growth and that the ratio between AF-1 coactivators and corepressors plays a key role to prevent proliferation of tumor by tamoxifen. ..
- Surapureddi S, Yu S, Bu H, Hashimoto T, Yeldandi A, Kashireddy P, et al. Identification of a transcriptionally active peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha -interacting cofactor complex in rat liver and characterization of PRIC285 as a coactivator. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11836-41 pubmed..The composition of this complex may provide insight into the basis of tissue and species sensitivity to peroxisome proliferators. ..
- Redmond A, Bane F, Stafford A, McIlroy M, Dillon M, Crotty T, et al. Coassociation of estrogen receptor and p160 proteins predicts resistance to endocrine treatment; SRC-1 is an independent predictor of breast cancer recurrence. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2098-106 pubmed publisher..026 and P = 0.00001, respectively). SRC-1 is a strong independent predictor of reduced DFS, whereas the interactions of the p160 proteins with estrogen receptor alpha can predict the response of patients to endocrine treatment. ..
- Kamei Y, Xu L, Heinzel T, Torchia J, Kurokawa R, Gloss B, et al. A CBP integrator complex mediates transcriptional activation and AP-1 inhibition by nuclear receptors. Cell. 1996;85:403-14 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Qi C, Calandra C, Rao M, Reddy J. Cloning and identification of mouse steroid receptor coactivator-1 (mSRC-1), as a coactivator of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Gene Expr. 1996;6:185-95 pubmed..These results suggest that mSRC-1 interacts with PPARgamma and plays a role in the PPARgamma-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Ruas J, Poellinger L, Pereira T. Role of CBP in regulating HIF-1-mediated activation of transcription. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:301-11 pubmed
- Spencer T, Jenster G, Burcin M, Allis C, Zhou J, Mizzen C, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is a histone acetyltransferase. Nature. 1997;389:194-8 pubmed
- Litterst C, Pfitzner E. An LXXLL motif in the transactivation domain of STAT6 mediates recruitment of NCoA-1/SRC-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36052-60 pubmed
- Wolf S, Patchev V, Obendorf M. A novel variant of the putative demethylase gene, s-JMJD1C, is a coactivator of the AR. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;460:56-66 pubmed..As s-JMJD1C has putative demethylase activity, removal of methylation seems to be important for nuclear receptor-based gene regulation. ..
- Gonzalez M, Carlberg C. Cross-repression, a functional consequence of the physical interaction of non-liganded nuclear receptors and POU domain transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18501-9 pubmed..Taken together this study suggests that cross-repression should occur in all tissues in which POU domain factors and non-liganded NRs meet each other. ..
- Kraichely D, Sun J, Katzenellenbogen J, Katzenellenbogen B. Conformational changes and coactivator recruitment by novel ligands for estrogen receptor-alpha and estrogen receptor-beta: correlations with biological character and distinct differences among SRC coactivator family members. Endocrinology. 2000;141:3534-45 pubmed
- Yamamoto H, Shevde N, Warrier A, Plum L, DeLuca H, Pike J. 2-Methylene-19-nor-(20S)-1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 potently stimulates gene-specific DNA binding of the vitamin D receptor in osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31756-65 pubmed
- Osburn D, Shao G, Seidel H, Schulman I. Ligand-dependent degradation of retinoid X receptors does not require transcriptional activity or coactivator interactions. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4909-18 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest a model for targeted destruction of transcription factors based on structural or conformational signals as opposed to functional coupling with gene transcription. ..
- Grissom E, Daniel J. Evidence for Ligand-Independent Activation of Hippocampal Estrogen Receptor-? by IGF-1 in Hippocampus of Ovariectomized Rats. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3149-56 pubmed publisher..revealed that at 1 hour after infusion, IGF-1 increased association between ER? and steroid receptor coactivator 1, a histone acetyltransferase that increases transcriptional activity of phosphorylated ER?...
- Jeyakumar M, Tanen M, Bagchi M. Analysis of the functional role of steroid receptor coactivator-1 in ligand-induced transactivation by thyroid hormone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1997;11:755-67 pubmed..Our results raise the interesting possibility that a RXR-specific ligand may modulate T3-mediated signaling by inducing additional interactions between TRE-bound TR-RXR heterodimer and the coactivator. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Yahagi N, Aita Y, Murayama Y, Sawada Y, Piao X, et al. KLF15 Enables Rapid Switching between Lipogenesis and Gluconeogenesis during Fasting. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2373-86 pubmed publisher..This complex recruits the corepressor RIP140 instead of the coactivator SRC1, resulting in reduced Srebf1 and thus downstream lipogenic enzyme expression during the early and euglycemic period ..
- Ahn J, Albanes D, Berndt S, Peters U, Chatterjee N, Freedman N, et al. Vitamin D-related genes, serum vitamin D concentrations and prostate cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:769-76 pubmed publisher..Results from the most comprehensive evaluation of serum vitamin D and its related genes to date suggest that tag SNPS in the 3' UTR of VDR may be associated with risk of prostate cancer in men with low vitamin D status. ..
- Zhang C, Baudino T, Dowd D, Tokumaru H, Wang W, MacDonald P. Ternary complexes and cooperative interplay between NCoA-62/Ski-interacting protein and steroid receptor coactivators in vitamin D receptor-mediated transcription. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40614-20 pubmed
- Giangrande P, Kimbrel E, Edwards D, McDonnell D. The opposing transcriptional activities of the two isoforms of the human progesterone receptor are due to differential cofactor binding. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3102-15 pubmed..Furthermore, our experiments indicate that hPRA interacts efficiently with the corepressor SMRT and that this activity permits it to function as a transdominant repressor. ..
- Cerhan J, Berndt S, Vijai J, GhesquiÃ¨res H, McKay J, Wang S, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies multiple susceptibility loci for diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Nat Genet. 2014;46:1233-8 pubmed publisher..63 Ã— 10(-11), respectively). These data provide substantial new evidence for genetic susceptibility to this B cell malignancy and point to pathways involved in immune recognition and immune function in the pathogenesis of DLBCL. ..
- Makishima M, Okamoto A, Repa J, Tu H, Learned R, Luk A, et al. Identification of a nuclear receptor for bile acids. Science. 1999;284:1362-5 pubmed..These results demonstrate a mechanism by which bile acids transcriptionally regulate their biosynthesis and enterohepatic transport. ..
- Lew J, Zhao A, Yu J, Huang L, de Pedro N, Pelaez F, et al. The farnesoid X receptor controls gene expression in a ligand- and promoter-selective fashion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8856-61 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that the binding of each bile acid results in a different FXR conformations, which in turn differentially regulates expression of individual FXR targets. ..
- Wang F, Zhang R, Wu X, Hankinson O. Roles of coactivators in hypoxic induction of the erythropoietin gene. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10002 pubmed publisher..The coactivators exhibit different specificities for different HIF target genes and each can behave differently in transcriptional regulation of different target genes mediated by the same transcription factor. ..
- Raineri I, Soler M, Senn H. Analysis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 promoter insertion in vivo. Virology. 1995;208:359-64 pubmed..That only five events were found may be due to the lower transcriptional activity of HIV-1 in vivo than that in cell cultures. ..
- Saville B, Poukka H, Wormke M, Janne O, Palvimo J, Stoner M, et al. Cooperative coactivation of estrogen receptor alpha in ZR-75 human breast cancer cells by SNURF and TATA-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2485-97 pubmed..The results are consistent with a unique model for cooperative coactivation of ERalpha that requires ligand binding, repositioning of helix 12, recruitment of TBP, and interaction with SNURF, which binds both ERalpha and TBP. ..
- Iannone M, Consler T, Pearce K, Stimmel J, Parks D, Gray J. Multiplexed molecular interactions of nuclear receptors using fluorescent microspheres. Cytometry. 2001;44:326-37 pubmed..In addition, the system offers a powerful approach to study small molecule modulation of nuclear receptor binding. ..
- Martini P, Delage Mourroux R, Kraichely D, Katzenellenbogen B. Prothymosin alpha selectively enhances estrogen receptor transcriptional activity by interacting with a repressor of estrogen receptor activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6224-32 pubmed..Proteins such as PTalpha represent an additional regulatory component that defines a novel paradigm enabling receptor-selective enhancement of transcriptional activity by coactivators. ..
- Youn D, Park J, Kim H, Jung Y, Kang J, Jeong M, et al. Chrysophanic acid reduces testosterone-induced benign prostatic hyperplasia in rats by suppressing 5Î±-reductase and extracellular signal-regulated kinase. Oncotarget. 2017;8:9500-9512 pubmed publisher..The elevated expressions of androgen receptor (AR), estrogen receptor Î± and steroid receptor coactivator 1 by TP administration were also inhibited in the CA group when compared to the TP-induced BPH group...
- Iwema T, Billas I, Beck Y, Bonneton F, Nierengarten H, Chaumot A, et al. Structural and functional characterization of a novel type of ligand-independent RXR-USP receptor. EMBO J. 2007;26:3770-82 pubmed publisher..These findings together with a phylogenetic analysis suggest that RXR-USPs have undergone remarkable functional shifts during evolution and give insight into receptor-ligand binding evolution and dynamics...
- Wang S, Zhang C, Nordeen S, Shapiro D. In vitro fluorescence anisotropy analysis of the interaction of full-length SRC1a with estrogen receptors alpha and beta supports an active displacement model for coregulator utilization. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2765-75 pubmed..It also shows that an isolated coactivator exhibits an inherent capacity for rapid exchange. ..
- Cho M, Yoon H, Kang J, Park S, Yang Y, Hong J, et al. A simple method to screen ligands of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2006;29:355-60 pubmed..We optimized and developed a novel and useful ELISA system for the mass screening of PPARdelta ligands. This screening system may be useful in the development of drugs for metabolic disorders and skin disorders. ..
- Bevan C, Hoare S, Claessens F, Heery D, Parker M. The AF1 and AF2 domains of the androgen receptor interact with distinct regions of SRC1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8383-92 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that p160 coactivators such as SRC1 (steroid receptor coactivator 1) interact directly with the N terminus in a ligand-independent manner via a conserved glutamine-rich ..
- He B, Wilson E. Electrostatic modulation in steroid receptor recruitment of LXXLL and FXXLF motifs. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2135-50 pubmed..The data suggest a model whereby coactivator recruitment to the receptor AF2 surface is initiated by complementary charge interactions that reflect a reversal of the acidic activation domain-coactivator interaction model. ..
- Liu Z, Wong J, Tsai S, Tsai M, O Malley B. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) enhances ligand-dependent and receptor-dependent cell-free transcription of chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:9485-90 pubmed
- Yang W, Rachez C, Freedman L. Discrete roles for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor in recruiting nuclear receptor coactivators. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8008-17 pubmed..The results suggest that the cooperative effects of PPARgamma- and RXR-specific ligands may occur at the level of selective coactivator recruitment. ..
- Magani F, Peacock S, Rice M, Martinez M, Greene A, Magani P, et al. Targeting AR Variant-Coactivator Interactions to Exploit Prostate Cancer Vulnerabilities. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:1469-1480 pubmed publisher..The Vav3 DH domain also disrupted AR-V7 interaction with other AR coactivators: Src1 and Vav2, which are overexpressed in PC...
- Onate S, Boonyaratanakornkit V, Spencer T, Tsai S, Tsai M, Edwards D, et al. The steroid receptor coactivator-1 contains multiple receptor interacting and activation domains that cooperatively enhance the activation function 1 (AF1) and AF2 domains of steroid receptors. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12101-8 pubmed
- Belandia B, Orford R, Hurst H, Parker M. Targeting of SWI/SNF chromatin remodelling complexes to estrogen-responsive genes. EMBO J. 2002;21:4094-103 pubmed..These results suggest that one of the mechanisms for recruiting SWI/SNF complexes to estrogen target genes is by means of BAF57. ..
- Treuter E, Albrektsen T, Johansson L, Leers J, Gustafsson J. A regulatory role for RIP140 in nuclear receptor activation. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:864-81 pubmed
- Belandia B, Parker M. Functional interaction between the p160 coactivator proteins and the transcriptional enhancer factor family of transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30801-5 pubmedb>SRC1, initially identified as a nuclear receptor coactivator, was found to interact with a member of the transcriptional enhancer factor (TEF) family of transcription factors, TEF-4...
- Huang S, Ghossein R, Bishop J, Zhang L, Chen T, Huang H, et al. Novel PAX3-NCOA1 Fusions in Biphenotypic Sinonasal Sarcoma With Focal Rhabdomyoblastic Differentiation. Am J Surg Pathol. 2016;40:51-9 pubmed publisher..SOX10 immunohistochemistry is a useful marker in distinguishing BSNS from peripheral nerve sheath tumors. ..
- Herdick M, Carlberg C. Agonist-triggered modulation of the activated and silent state of the vitamin D(3) receptor by interaction with co-repressors and co-activators. J Mol Biol. 2000;304:793-801 pubmed
- Lim H, Moon I, Han K. Transcriptional cofactors exhibit differential preference toward peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and delta in uterine cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2886-95 pubmed..Glutathione-S-transferase (GST) pull-down assays show that PPARdelta physically interacts with SRC 1-3, RIP140, PPAR-binding protein, N-CoR, and SMRT in the absence of ligands, suggesting their potent interactions ..
- Chou W, Chuang L, Chou C, Wang A, Lawson J, Fitzgerald G, et al. Identification of a novel prostaglandin reductase reveals the involvement of prostaglandin E2 catabolism in regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18162-72 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel link between catabolism of PGE2 and regulation of ligand-induced PPARgamma activation. ..
- Reineke E, Liu H, Lam M, Liu Y, Kao H. Aberrant association of promyelocytic leukemia protein-retinoic acid receptor-alpha with coactivators contributes to its ability to regulate gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18584-96 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we propose a model in which the hormone-independent association between PML-RARalpha and coactivators contributes to its ability to regulate gene expression. ..
- Feng Q, Yi P, Wong J, O Malley B. Signaling within a coactivator complex: methylation of SRC-3/AIB1 is a molecular switch for complex disassembly. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7846-57 pubmed..We propose that CARM1 is a dual-function coactivator, as it not only activates transcription by modifying core histone tails but also terminates hormone signaling by disassembly of the coactivator complex. ..
- Iwasaki T, Koibuchi N, Chin W. Synovial sarcoma translocation (SYT) encodes a nuclear receptor coactivator. Endocrinology. 2005;146:3892-9 pubmed..These results indicate that SYT activates transcription, possibly through CoAA, to interact with the histone acetyltransferase complex. ..
- Amazit L, Le Billan F, Kolkhof P, Lamribet K, Viengchareun S, Fay M, et al. Finerenone Impedes Aldosterone-dependent Nuclear Import of the Mineralocorticoid Receptor and Prevents Genomic Recruitment of Steroid Receptor Coactivator-1. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:21876-89 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that the highly potent and selective MR antagonist finerenone specifically impairs several critical steps of the MR signaling pathway and therefore represents a promising new generation MR antagonist. ..
- Hsiao P, Fryer C, Trotter K, Wang W, Archer T. BAF60a mediates critical interactions between nuclear receptors and the BRG1 chromatin-remodeling complex for transactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6210-20 pubmed..Thus, in addition to previously identified BAF250, BAF60a may provide another critical and direct link between nuclear receptors and the BRG1 complex that is required for promoter recruitment and subsequent chromatin remodeling. ..
- Mouchon A, Delmotte M, Formstecher P, Lefebvre P. Allosteric regulation of the discriminative responsiveness of retinoic acid receptor to natural and synthetic ligands by retinoid X receptor and DNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3073-85 pubmed..We suggest that the use of physically distinct NCoA binding interfaces may be important in controlling specific genes by conformationally restricted ligands. ..
- Xu Y, Klein Hitpass L, Bagchi M. E1A-mediated repression of progesterone receptor-dependent transactivation involves inhibition of the assembly of a multisubunit coactivation complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2138-46 pubmed..complex containing two previously described coactivators, CREB-binding protein (CBP) and steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1, a member of the p160 family of coactivators), in nuclear extracts of human breast tumor T47D ..
- Stafford J, Waltner Law M, Granner D. Role of accessory factors and steroid receptor coactivator 1 in the regulation of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase gene transcription by glucocorticoids. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:3811-9 pubmed..HNF]4/chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor 1 and HNF3beta) all interact with steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC1). This suggests that the AFs function in part by recruiting coactivators to the GRU...
- Leite R, Brown A, Strauss J. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha suppresses the expression of steroid receptor coactivator-1 and -2: a possible mechanism contributing to changes in steroid hormone responsiveness. FASEB J. 2004;18:1418-20 pubmed
- Hyrsová L, Smutny T, Carazo A, Moravcik S, Mandíková J, Trejtnar F, et al. The pregnane X receptor down-regulates organic cation transporter 1 (SLC22A1) in human hepatocytes by competing for ("squelching") SRC-1 coactivator. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:1703-15 pubmed publisher..PXR ligands reduced the HNF4Î±-mediated and USF-mediated transactivation of OCT1 gene expression by competing for SRC-1 and decreased delivery of a model OCT1 substrate into hepatocytes. ..
- Eng F, Barsalou A, Akutsu N, Mercier I, Zechel C, Mader S, et al. Different classes of coactivators recognize distinct but overlapping binding sites on the estrogen receptor ligand binding domain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28371-7 pubmed
- Baldwin A, Huh K, Munger K. Human papillomavirus E7 oncoprotein dysregulates steroid receptor coactivator 1 localization and function. J Virol. 2006;80:6669-77 pubmed..to investigate a newly discovered association of the high-risk HPV type 16 (HPV16) E7 oncoprotein with steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1), an essential component of steroid hormone signaling...
- Cavarretta I, Mukopadhyay R, Lonard D, Cowsert L, Bennett C, O Malley B, et al. Reduction of coactivator expression by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides inhibits ERalpha transcriptional activity and MCF-7 proliferation. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:253-70 pubmed
- Watters R, Hartmaier R, Osmanbeyoglu H, Gillihan R, Rae J, Liao L, et al. Steroid receptor coactivator-1 can regulate osteoblastogenesis independently of estrogen. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;448:21-27 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that SRC-1 can impact osteoblast function in an ER-independent manner. ..