Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: spermidine synthase
Description: spermidine synthase
Alias: PAPT, SPDSY, SPS1, SRML1, spermidine synthase, putrescine aminopropyltransferase, spermidine synthase-1
Products: spermidine synthase
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Massaro C, Thomas J, Phanstiel IV O. Investigation of Polyamine Metabolism and Homeostasis in Pancreatic Cancers. Med Sci (Basel). 2017;5: pubmed publisher..g., ornithine decarboxylase (ODC), spermidine synthase (SRM), and spermine synthase (SMS))...
- Begum G, Yuan H, Kahle K, Li L, Wang S, Shi Y, et al. Inhibition of WNK3 Kinase Signaling Reduces Brain Damage and Accelerates Neurological Recovery After Stroke. Stroke. 2015;46:1956-1965 pubmed publisherWNK kinases, including WNK3, and the associated downstream Ste20/SPS1-related proline-alanine-rich protein kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress responsive 1 (OSR1) kinases, comprise an important signaling cascade that regulates the cation-..
- de Santana F, Portugal L, Serra A, Ferrer L, Cerdà V, Ferreira S. Development of a MSFIA system for sequential determination of antimony, arsenic and selenium using hydride generation atomic fluorescence spectrometry. Talanta. 2016;156-157:29-33 pubmed publisher..7-41.3µgkg(-1) for arsenic, 86.4-480.1µgkg(-1) for selenium and 32.6-52.4µgkg(-1) for antimony. Addition/recovery tests were also performed to confirm the method accuracy for the three elements. ..
- Csosz E, Lábiscsák P, Kalló G, Márkus B, Emri M, Szabó A, et al. Proteomics investigation of OSCC-specific salivary biomarkers in a Hungarian population highlights the importance of identification of population-tailored biomarkers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177282 pubmed publisher..The heterogeneity of protein biomarkers found in different ethnic groups presented in the literature highlights the importance of identification of population-tailored protein biomarkers. ..
- Shih C, Hsu L, Liao M, Yang S, Ho S, Wu C. Effects of SPAK on vascular reactivity and nitric oxide production in endotoxemic mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;814:248-254 pubmed publisher..Anti-inflammatory therapy can diminish NO formation and improve vascular hyporeactivity in septic shock. STE20/SPS1-realted proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) has been reported to activate mitogen-activated protein kinase and ..
- Harwood M, Achour B, Russell M, Carlson G, Warhurst G, Rostami Hodjegan A. Application of an LC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous quantification of human intestinal transporter proteins absolute abundance using a QconCAT technique. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015;110:27-33 pubmed publisher..OST-Î± was not detected in 2 out of 3 jejunum samples. This study highlights the utility of a QconCAT strategy to quantify absolute transporter abundances in human intestinal tissues. ..
- Johannsen J, Reuter H, Hoffmann F, Blaich C, Wiesen M, Streichert T, et al. Reliable and easy-to-use LC-MS/MS-method for simultaneous determination of the antihypertensives metoprolol, amlodipine, canrenone and hydrochlorothiazide in patients with therapy-refractory arterial hypertension. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2019;164:373-381 pubmed publisher
- GÃ³mez Canela C, Tornero CaÃ±adas D, Prats E, PiÃ±a B, Tauler R, RaldÃºa D. Comprehensive characterization of neurochemicals in three zebrafish chemical models of human acute organophosphorus poisoning using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:1735-1748 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed that the developed analytical method is a new tool for neurotoxicology research using the zebrafish model. ..
- Naccarato A, Elliani R, Cavaliere B, Sindona G, Tagarelli A. Development of a fast and simple gas chromatographic protocol based on the combined use of alkyl chloroformate and solid phase microextraction for the assay of polyamines in human urine. J Chromatogr A. 2018;1549:1-13 pubmed publisher..3-28.4%, respectively) make the proposed protocol suitable to be adopted for quantification of these important biomarkers in urine samples. ..
- Alessi D, Zhang J, Khanna A, HochdÃ¶rfer T, Shang Y, Kahle K. The WNK-SPAK/OSR1 pathway: master regulator of cation-chloride cotransporters. Sci Signal. 2014;7:re3 pubmed publisherThe WNK-SPAK/OSR1 kinase complex is composed of the kinases WNK (with no lysine) and SPAK (SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase) or the SPAK homolog OSR1 (oxidative stress-responsive kinase 1)...
- Park S, Keereetaweep J, James C, Gidda S, Chapman K, Mullen R, et al. CGI-58, a key regulator of lipid homeostasis and signaling in plants, also regulates polyamine metabolism. Plant Signal Behav. 2014;9:e27723 pubmed..Here we show that plant CGI-58 also interacts with spermidine synthase 1 (SPDS1), an enzyme that plays a central role in polyamine metabolism by converting putrescine into ..
- Song J, Du L, Li L, Kalt W, Palmer L, Fillmore S, et al. Quantitative changes in proteins responsible for flavonoid and anthocyanin biosynthesis in strawberry fruit at different ripening stages: A targeted quantitative proteomic investigation employing multiple reaction monitoring. J Proteomics. 2015;122:1-10 pubmed publisher..This important and complementary knowledge will be useful for systematically characterizing the flavonoids and anthocyanin biosynthesis pathway of any fruit/plant species. ..
- Ishizawa K, Xu N, Loffing J, Lifton R, Fujita T, Uchida S, et al. Potassium depletion stimulates Na-Cl cotransporter via phosphorylation and inactivation of the ubiquitin ligase Kelch-like 3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:745-751 pubmed publisher..accompanied by the accumulation of the target substrate WNK4, and activation of the downstream kinases SPAK (STE20/SPS1-related proline-alanine-rich protein kinase) and OSR1 (oxidative stress-responsive 1), resulting in NCC ..
- Kusebauch U, Hernández Castellano L, Bislev S, Moritz R, Røntved C, Bendixen E. Selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry of mastitis milk reveals pathogen-specific regulation of bovine host response proteins. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:6532-6541 pubmed publisher..Our approach can support further studies of large cohorts of animals with natural occurring mastitis, to validate the relevance of these suggested biomarkers in dairy production. ..
- Roy C, Tremblay P, Bienvenu J, Ayotte P. Quantitative analysis of amino acids and acylcarnitines combined with untargeted metabolomics using ultra-high performance liquid chromatography and quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1027:40-9 pubmed publisher..Our method is currently applied in several epidemiological studies to better characterize cardiometabolic diseases and identify new biomarkers for disease prevention. ..
- Mandai S, Mori T, Sohara E, Rai T, Uchida S. Generation of Hypertension-Associated STK39 Polymorphism Knockin Cell Lines With the Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats/Cas9 System. Hypertension. 2015;66:1199-206 pubmed publisherPrevious genome-wide association studies identified serine threonine kinase 39 (STK39), encoding STE20/SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase, as one of a limited number of hypertension susceptibility genes...
- Nosseir N, Michels G, Binder P, Wiesen M, Muller C. Simultaneous detection of ketamine, lorazepam, midazolam and sufentanil in human serum with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for monitoring of analgosedation in critically ill patients. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2014;973C:133-141 pubmed publisher..The method serves as an instrumental tool for therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) and pharmacokinetic studies . ..
- Tsikas D, Rothmann S, Schneider J, Suchy M, Trettin A, Modun D, et al. Development, validation and biomedical applications of stable-isotope dilution GC-MS and GC-MS/MS techniques for circulating malondialdehyde (MDA) after pentafluorobenzyl bromide derivatization: MDA as a biomarker of oxidative stress and its relation. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1019:95-111 pubmed publisher
- Fang Y, Yang S, Cheng C, Tseng M, Hsu H, Lin S. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Activates Renal Tubular Sodium Chloride Cotransporter through Angiotension II-dependent WNK4-SPAK Phosphorylation Pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18360 pubmed publisher..We examined the role of STE20/SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) and with-no-lysine kinase 4 (WNK4) on expression of NCC in mouse models ..
- Yang J, Zhao Y, Kalita M, Li X, Jamaluddin M, Tian B, et al. Systematic Determination of Human Cyclin Dependent Kinase (CDK)-9 Interactome Identifies Novel Functions in RNA Splicing Mediated by the DEAD Box (DDX)-5/17 RNA Helicases. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:2701-21 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that CDK9 is a dynamic multifunctional enzyme complex mediating not only transcriptional elongation, but also alternative RNA splicing and potentially translational control. ..
- Mansour H, Wood J, Chowdari K, Tumuluru D, Bamne M, Monk T, et al. Associations between period 3 gene polymorphisms and sleep- /chronotype-related variables in patients with late-life insomnia. Chronobiol Int. 2017;34:624-631 pubmed publisher..Further replicate analyses in larger, independent samples are recommended. ..
- Dbouk H, Weil L, Perera G, Dellinger M, Pearson G, Brekken R, et al. Actions of the protein kinase WNK1 on endothelial cells are differentially mediated by its substrate kinases OSR1 and SPAK. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15999-6004 pubmed publisher..cord formation in HUVECs, but the actions of the two major WNK1 effectors, OSR1 and its close relative SPAK (STE20/SPS1-related proline-, alanine-rich kinase), are distinct...
- Webster K, Feller J. Comparison of the short form-12 (SF-12) health status questionnaire with the SF-36 in patients with knee osteoarthritis who have replacement surgery. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:2620-6 pubmed publisher..The SF-12 appears to be an adequate alternative for use in patients with knee osteoarthritis who undergo replacement surgery, and its brevity should be attractive for both clinicians and patients. I. ..
- Ghosh S, González Mariscal I, Egan J, Moaddel R. Targeted proteomics of cannabinoid receptor CB1 and the CB1b isoform. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017;144:154-158 pubmed publisher..9 to 4.3% for CB1 and 0.5 to 5.9% for CB1b) and inter-day assay (CVs from 1.2 to 5.2% for CB1 and 1.2 to 6.1% for CB1b). ..
- Hongo F, Yamada Y, Ueda T, Nakmura T, Naya Y, Kamoi K, et al. Preoperative lipiodol marking and its role on survival and complication rates of CT-guided cryoablation for small renal masses. BMC Urol. 2017;17:10 pubmed publisher..Preoperative marking with lipiodol was helpful for improving complication and survival rates with cryoablation. ..
- Speltini A, Sturini M, Maraschi F, Viti S, Sbarbada D, Profumo A. Fluoroquinolone residues in compost by green enhanced microwave-assisted extraction followed by ultra performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2015;1410:44-50 pubmed publisher..The analytical method has been applied to the analysis of actual compost samples, wherein FQs have been quantified at concentrations up to 88 ng g(-1). ..
- Broek J, Lin Z, de Gruiter H, van t Spijker H, Haasdijk E, Cox D, et al. Synaptic vesicle dynamic changes in a model of fragile X. Mol Autism. 2016;7:17 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that FMRP is a regulator of synaptic vesicle dynamics, which supports the role of FMRP in presynaptic functions. Taken together, these studies provide novel insights into the molecular changes associated with FXS. ..
- Catenacci D, Ang A, Liao W, Shen J, O Day E, Loberg R, et al. MET tyrosine kinase receptor expression and amplification as prognostic biomarkers of survival in gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer. 2017;123:1061-1070 pubmed publisher..Compared with IHC, SRM may provide an added benefit for informed decisions about Met-targeted therapy. Cancer 2017;123:1061-70. Â© 2016 American Cancer Society. ..
- Gottschalk M, Leussis M, Ruland T, Gjeluci K, Petryshen T, Bahn S. Lithium reverses behavioral and axonal transport-related changes associated with ANK3 bipolar disorder gene disruption. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2017;27:274-288 pubmed publisher..Lithium reverses this molecular signature, suggesting the promotion of anterograde kinesin transport as part of its mechanism of action in ameliorating Ank3-related psychiatric-related behavior. ..
- Xu Y, Zhang D, Meng X, Liu X, Sheng S, Wu G, et al. Generic DART-MS platform for monitoring the on-demand continuous-flow production of pharmaceuticals: Advancing the quantitative protocol for caffeates in microfluidic biocatalysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2017;137:243-251 pubmed publisher..Thus, the DART-MS2 method is an efficient tool for analyzing caffeates in microfluidic biocatalysis with limited sample preparation and short operating time. ..
- Leão R, Ahmad A, Richard P. Should Small Renal Masses Be Biopsied?. Curr Urol Rep. 2017;18:7 pubmed publisher..The future of SRM management will combine pathological, molecular and genetic information to improve our ability to predict the behaviour of these lesions and herald risk-adapted personalized treatment. ..
- Wen D, Chen Z, Yang C, Liu H, Li H, Chen J, et al. A rapid and simple HPLC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous quantification of valproic acid and its five metabolites in human plasma and application to study pharmacokinetic interaction in Chinese epilepsy patients. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2018;149:448-456 pubmed publisher..The result showed that there was no significant difference in the concentration of VPA and its five metabolites between patients in VPA monotherapy and patients in therapy combining VPA with LTG. ..
- Arino Y, Akimoto K, Sano F, Homma T, Oda J, Tomoda T. Estimating option values of solar radiation management assuming that climate sensitivity is uncertain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5886-91 pubmed publisher..9 trillion, taking into account the maximum level of side effects shown in the existing literature. The result indicates that lower limits of the option values for temperature targets below +2.4 °C would be greater than $2.5 trillion. ..
- Pan T, Liu T, Tan S, Wan N, Zhang Y, Li S. Lower Selenoprotein T Expression and Immune Response in the Immune Organs of Broilers with Exudative Diathesis Due to Selenium Deficiency. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;182:364-372 pubmed publisher..microscopic and ultramicroscopic), the messenger RNA (mRNA) expression levels of SelT and its synthetase (SecS and SPS1), cytokine mRNA expression levels, and antioxidant status...
- Akbal L, Hopfgartner G. Effects of liquid post-column addition in electrospray ionization performance in supercritical fluid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1517:176-184 pubmed publisher..Finally, the optimization of make-up composition leads to an enhancement up to a factor of 69 on the electrospray MS response signal, for the SFC-SRM/MS analysis of HIV protease inhibitors in plasma extracted from Dried Plasma Spots. ..
- Dickerson J, Feeny D, Clarke G, MacMillan A, Lynch F. Evidence on the longitudinal construct validity of major generic and utility measures of health-related quality of life in teens with depression. Qual Life Res. 2018;27:447-454 pubmed publisher..Results of this study can help inform researchers about viable instruments to include in economic evaluations for this population. ..
- Jimenez A, Lee J, Wynn J, Green M. The neural correlates of self-referential memory encoding and retrieval in schizophrenia. Neuropsychologia. 2018;109:19-27 pubmed publisher..The current study presents novel findings that add to the literature implicating impaired self-oriented processing in schizophrenia. ..
- Heffernan A, Thompson K, Eaglesham G, Vijayasarathy S, Mueller J, Sly P, et al. Rapid, automated online SPE-LC-QTRAP-MS/MS method for the simultaneous analysis of 14 phthalate metabolites and 5 bisphenol analogues in human urine. Talanta. 2016;151:224-233 pubmed publisher..3ng/mL (bisphenol S) to 18.5ng/mL (monoethyl phthalate). ..
- Dave C, Seifman B, Chennamsetty A, Frontera R, Faraj K, Nelson R, et al. Office-based Ultrasound-guided Renal Core Biopsy Is Safe and Efficacious in the Management of Small Renal Masses. Urology. 2017;102:26-30 pubmed publisher..It potentially offers improved dynamic characterization of solid renal mass, greater convenience to patients, as well as cost savings. Further studies are needed to evaluate this promising technique. ..
- Lemke N, Wiloth S, Werner C, Hauer K. Validity, test-retest reliability, sensitivity to change and feasibility of motor-cognitive dual task assessments in patients with dementia. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2017;70:169-179 pubmed publisher..1 to 16.9min. All DT-tests showed acceptable-excellent psychometric properties in patients with dementia with highest quality for the gait-based tests 'Walking & Counting' and 'Walking & reciting ABC'. ..
- Chenau J, Fenaille F, Simon S, Filali S, Volland H, Junot C, et al. Detection of Yersinia pestis in Complex Matrices by Intact Cell Immunocapture and Targeted Mass Spectrometry. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1600:69-83 pubmed publisher..This immuno-LC-MS/MS assay has a limit of detection of 2 × 104 CFU/mL in milk or tap water, and 4.5 × 105 CFU in 10 mg of soil. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang T, Jorgens D, Nickerson A, Lin L, Pelz J, et al. Quantitating morphological changes in biological samples during scanning electron microscopy sample preparation with correlative super-resolution microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176839 pubmed publisher..These quantitative measurements offer useful information for identifying causes of cell distortions in SEM sample preparation and improving current procedures. ..
- Schantz M, Eppe G, Focant J, Hamilton C, Heckert N, Heltsley R, et al. Milk and serum standard reference materials for monitoring organic contaminants in human samples. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013;405:1203-11 pubmed publisher..This agreement suggests that there were no significant biases existing among the multiple methods used for analysis. ..
- Yavuz E, Tokalioglu S, Sahan H, Patat S. Nanosized spongelike Mn3O4 as an adsorbent for preconcentration by vortex assisted solid phase extraction of copper and lead in various food and herb samples. Food Chem. 2016;194:463-9 pubmed publisher..The relative standard deviations were found to be ⩽3.2%. The accuracy of the method was confirmed by analyzing the standard reference materials (BCR-482 Licken and SRM 1573a Tomato Leaves) and spiked real food and herb samples. ..
- Beristain Montiel E, Villalobos Pietrini R, Arias Loaiza G, Gómez Arroyo S, Amador Muñoz O. An innovative ultrasound assisted extraction micro-scale cell combined with gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in negative chemical ionization to determine persistent organic pollutants in air particulate matter. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1477:100-107 pubmed publisher..This technology can be extended to extract organic compounds in different solid matrices to minimize time extraction and solvent consumption. ..
- Raja M, AlbertÃ J, Saurina J, Sentellas S. Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry as a general approach for investigating covalent binding of drugs to DNA. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:3911-22 pubmed publisher..Graphical Abstract General approach for investigating drug-DNA adduct formation. ..
- Zuckerman S, Chotai S, Devin C, Parker S, Stonko D, Wick J, et al. Surgical Resection of Intradural Extramedullary Spinal Tumors: Patient Reported Outcomes and Minimum Clinically Important Difference. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016;41:1925-1932 pubmed..The surgically resected IDEM-specific clinically meaningful thresholds are reported. All the PROs reported in this study can accurately discriminate responders and nonresponder based on SF-36 HTI index except for SF-12 MCS. 3. ..
- Daugherty M, Sedaghatpour D, Shapiro O, Vourganti S, Kutikov A, Bratslavsky G. The metastatic potential of renal tumors: Influence of histologic subtypes on definition of small renal masses, risk stratification, and future active surveillance protocols. Urol Oncol. 2017;35:153.e15-153.e20 pubmed publisher..The definition of a SRM should be based on the metastatic potential and not on tumor size alone. This information could be helpful for counseling and managing patients with SRMs as well as for modifying active surveillance protocols. ..
- Song E, Gao Y, Wu C, Shi T, Nie S, Fillmore T, et al. Targeted proteomic assays for quantitation of proteins identified by proteogenomic analysis of ovarian cancer. Sci Data. 2017;4:170091 pubmed publisher..Data are available via PeptideAtlas, Panorama and the CPTAC Assay Portal. ..
- Duan X, Dai L, Chen S, Balthasar J, Qu J. Nano-scale liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry and on-the-fly orthogonal array optimization for quantification of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and the application in preclinical analysis. J Chromatogr A. 2012;1251:63-73 pubmed publisher..The strategy employed in this study can be easily adapted to the sensitive and accurate analysis of other mAb and therapeutic proteins. ..
- Tambor V, Vajrychová M, Kacerovsky M, Link M, Domasinska P, Menon R, et al. Potential Peripartum Markers of Infectious-Inflammatory Complications in Spontaneous Preterm Birth. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:343501 pubmed publisher..047 and AUC = 0.67, P = 0.046), glycodelin (P = 0.013 and AUC = 0.73, P = 0.013), and nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (P = 0.018 and AUC = 0.71, P = 0.01). ..
- Ingels A, Barret E, Sanchez Salas R, Galiano M, Rozet F, Lenoir S, et al. Percutaneous Renal Biopsies for Small Renal Masses: Complex Tumors on Nephrometry Should Be the First Targets. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2016;14:e457-e462 pubmed publisher..It seems more beneficial for nephrometry complex tumors when surgical extirpation is more likely to be complicated. SRM biopsy might be encouraged in clinical practice for complex tumors. ..
- Lin T, Yang S, Hua K, Tsai Y, Lin S, Ka S. SPAK plays a pathogenic role in IgA nephropathy through the activation of NF-?B/MAPKs signaling pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:214-224 pubmed publisherSterile 20/SPS1-related proline/alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) can stimulate production of proinflammatory cytokines and interact with inflammation-related molecules...
- Birkler R, Nochi Z, Gregersen N, Palmfeldt J. Selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry for relative quantification of proteins involved in cellular life and death processes. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1035:49-56 pubmed publisher..We therefore believe that this assay is applicable for the study of cellular stress response in various types of cell defects and disease states. ..
- Procházková I, Lenco J, Fucikova A, Dresler J, Čápková L, Hrstka R, et al. Targeted proteomics driven verification of biomarker candidates associated with breast cancer aggressiveness. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:488-498 pubmed publisher..This study highlights a panel of gene products that can contribute to breast cancer aggressiveness and metastasis, the understanding of which is important for development of more precise breast cancer treatment. ..
- Yates J, Gunkel B, Rogers K, Breitenstein K, Hughes M, Johnson A, et al. Effects of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAr) uncompetitive antagonists in a delay discounting paradigm using a concurrent-chains procedure. Behav Brain Res. 2018;349:125-129 pubmed publisher..Memantine (7.5 mg/kg) decreased SRM only. These results show that this variant of the concurrent-chains procedure can be used to study the effects of pharmacological manipulations on distinct aspects of DD. ..
- Sommer Y, Verdon C, Fresquez M, Ward C, Wood E, Pan Y, et al. Measurement of mercury species in human blood using triple spike isotope dilution with SPME-GC-ICP-DRC-MS. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2014;406:5039-47 pubmed publisher..The limit of detection (LOD) for iHg, MeHg, and EtHg in human blood was determined to be 0.27, 0.12, and 0.16 ?g/L, respectively. ..
- Campone L, Piccinelli A, Celano R, Pagano I, Russo M, Rastrelli L. Rapid and automated analysis of aflatoxin M1 in milk and dairy products by online solid phase extraction coupled to ultra-high-pressure-liquid-chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1428:212-9 pubmed publisher..Other advantages are the reduction of sample preparation procedure, time and cost of the analysis, enabling high sample throughput that meet the current concerns of food safety and the public health protection. ..
- Annacontini L, Ciancio F, Parisi D, Innocenti A, Portincasa A. Management of nipple-areolar complex complications in skin-sparing mastectomy with prosthetic reconstruction A case report. Ann Ital Chir. 2016;87: pubmed..Lâ€™impiego di VAC-System ha permesso alla paziente di rispettare i timing dâ€™inizio dei trattamenti adiuvanti. ..
- Tai C, Jiang S, Sahayam A. Determination of As, Hg and Pb in herbs using slurry sampling flow injection chemical vapor generation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2016;192:274-9 pubmed publisher..The precision obtained by the reported procedure was better than 7% for all determinations. The detection limit estimated from standard addition curve was 0.008, 0.003, and 0.007 ng mL(-1) for As, Hg and Pb, respectively. ..
- Silva A, Mwebaza N, Ntale M, Gustafsson L, Pohanka A. A fast and sensitive method for quantifying lumefantrine and desbutyl-lumefantrine using LC-MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2015;1004:60-6 pubmed publisher..The method was successfully applied for plasma LUM and DBL determination in children under 5 years of age with uncomplicated malaria, up to 28 days after a standard 3-day treatment with artemether-lumefantrine. ..
- Miller K, Pollock C, Brouwer B, Garland S. Use of Rasch Analysis to Evaluate and Refine the Community Balance and Mobility Scale for Use in Ambulatory Community-Dwelling Adults Following Stroke. Phys Ther. 2016;96:1648-1657 pubmed..Future studies are recommended in a larger sample to validate and further refine the scale for use in this clinical population. ..
- Nestler S, Geukes K, Hutteman R, Back M. Tackling Longitudinal Round-Robin Data: A Social Relations Growth Model. Psychometrika. 2017;82:1162-1181 pubmed publisher..An example is presented to illustrate the suggested approach. We also present the results of a small simulation study showing the suitability of the social relations growth model for the analysis of longitudinal SRM data. ..
- Wilton N, Wise S, Robbat A. Errors in alkylated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon and sulfur heterocycle concentrations caused by currently employed standardized methods. Anal Chim Acta. 2017;977:20-27 pubmed publisher..Rather than straight-line integration of all peaks in the retention window or recognizing peak patterns, the MFPPH data analysis software integrates only those peaks that meet the compound identity criteria. ..
- Bano S, Pervez S, Chow J, Matawle J, Watson J, Sahu R, et al. Coarse particle (PM10-2.5) source profiles for emissions from domestic cooking and industrial process in Central India. Sci Total Environ. 2018;627:1137-1145 pubmed publisher..46 to 0.88) among the profiles indicate their differences. These region-specific source profiles are more relevant to source apportionment studies in India than profiles measured elsewhere. ..
- Narumi R, Tomonaga T. Quantitative Analysis of Tissue Samples by Combining iTRAQ Isobaric Labeling with Selected/Multiple Reaction Monitoring (SRM/MRM). Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1355:85-101 pubmed publisher..We herein describe the application of a large-scale phosphoproteome analysis and SRM/MRM-based quantitation to develop a strategy for the systematic discovery and validation of biomarkers using tissue samples. ..
- Lee S, Sung H, Jeon H, Jeong B, Jeon S, Lee H, et al. Size and Volumetric Growth Kinetics of Renal Masses in Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma. Urology. 2016;90:119-24 pubmed publisher..764). In our growth kinetics study, generally small renal mass grew slowly. High LGR could be a risk factor for high-grade tumor (Fuhrman grade â‰¥3). ..
- Uzozie A, Selevsek N, Wahlander A, Nanni P, Grossmann J, Weber A, et al. Targeted Proteomics for Multiplexed Verification of Markers of Colorectal Tumorigenesis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2017;16:407-427 pubmed publisher..The proteins identified in this study expand the pool of biomarker candidates that can be used to develop a standardized precolonoscopy blood test for the early detection of colorectal tumors. ..
- van der Maas N. Patient-reported questionnaires in MS rehabilitation: responsiveness and minimal important difference of the multiple sclerosis questionnaire for physiotherapists (MSQPT). BMC Neurol. 2017;17:50 pubmed publisher..The MSQPT is a responsive questionnaire with an adequate MID that may be used as threshold for change during rehabilitation of MS patients. This trial was retrospectively (01/24/2015) registered in ClinicalTrials.gov as NCT02346279. ..
- Ali T, Hussain M, Ali Khan W, Afzal M, Hussain J, Ali R, et al. Multi-model-based interactive authoring environment for creating shareable medical knowledge. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2017;150:41-72 pubmed publisher..The authoring environment uses state-of-the-art decision support-related clinical standards with increased ease of use. ..
- Kauppinen L, Myöhänen S, Halmekyto M, Alhonen L, Janne J. Transgenic mice over-expressing the human spermidine synthase gene. Biochem J. 1993;293 ( Pt 2):513-6 pubmedWe have generated a transgenic mouse line harbouring the functional (chromosome-1-derived) human spermidine synthase (EC 22.214.171.124) gene in their genome...
- Burrows C, Usher L, Mundy P, Henderson H. The salience of the self: Self-referential processing and internalizing problems in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Autism Res. 2017;10:949-960 pubmed publisher..Implications for basic (e.g., developmental) and translational (e.g., intervention) research are discussed. Autism Res 2017, 10: 949-960. © 2016 International Society for Autism Research, Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Emirbayer P, Gerer K, Hoyer S, Pischetsrieder M. Targeted label-free quantification of interleukin-8 in PMA-activated U937 cell secretome by nanoLC-ESI-MS/MS-sSRM. Proteomics. 2017;17: pubmed publisher..The method can now be used for quantification of IL-8 release from different cells under various conditions. Furthermore, it can be easily expanded to other secreted proteins detected by untargeted screening methods...
- Lencioni T, Piscosquito G, Rabuffetti M, Bovi G, Di Sipio E, Diverio M, et al. Responsiveness of gait analysis parameters in a cohort of 71 CMT subjects. Neuromuscul Disord. 2017;27:1029-1037 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that appropriate selection of patient population and outcome measures is crucial for clinical trials' design. ..
- Hsieh V, Wyatt P. Measuring proteins with greater speed and resolution while reducing sample size. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10030 pubmed publisher..In the meantime the sample amount required for such measurements is reduced commensurately. These abilities will have far-reaching impacts at every stage of the development and production of biologics and bio-therapeutic formulations. ..
- Huang Y, Lin G, Lee S, Chen Y, Huang S, Hsieh C. Group- and Individual-Level Responsiveness of the 3-Point Berg Balance Scale and 3-Point Postural Assessment Scale for Stroke Patients. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018;99:529-533 pubmed publisher..The responsiveness of the BBS-3P and PASS-3P was comparable or superior to those of the original and short-form measures. We recommend the BBS-3P and PASS-3P as responsive outcome measures of balance for individuals with stroke. ..
- Cheon J, Cho H. Power Allocation Scheme for Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access in Underwater Acoustic Communications. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisher..Numerical results show that the proposed ETT outperforms SRM in terms of the overall sum-rate, while having nearly identical maximum sum-rate to the SRMs. ..
- Yu L, Browning J, Burdette C, Caceres G, Chieh K, Davis W, et al. Development of a kelp powder (Thallus laminariae) Standard Reference Material. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:1265-1278 pubmed publisher..Graphical Absract Arsenic species and isomers of vitamin K1 were determined in the development of SRM 3232 Kelp Powder (Thallus laminariae). ..
- Mytsyk Y, Dutka I, Yuriy B, Maksymovych I, Caprnda M, Gazdíková K, et al. Differential diagnosis of the small renal masses: role of the apparent diffusion coefficient of the diffusion-weighted MRI. Int Urol Nephrol. 2018;50:197-204 pubmed publisher..However, the possibility of differentiation between ccRCC histologic subtypes and grades, utilizing ADC values, is limited. ..
- Wu H, Min J, Ikeguchi Y, Zeng H, Dong A, Loppnau P, et al. Structure and mechanism of spermidine synthases. Biochemistry. 2007;46:8331-9 pubmed..Structural and biochemical studies have been carried out with the human spermidine synthase, which is highly specific for putrescine as the amine acceptor, and the Thermotoga maritima spermidine ..
- Lingner A, Grothe B, Wiegrebe L, Ewert S. Binaural Glimpses at the Cocktail Party?. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2016;17:461-73 pubmed publisher..Comparison to a recent short-time binaural SI model showed that better-ear glimpses can account for half the observed SRM, while binaural interaction utilizing phase differences is required to explain the other half. ..
- Vercelli S, Ferriero G, Bravini E, Stissi V, Ciceri M, Rossetti S, et al. Cross-cultural adaptation, reproducibility and validation of the Italian version of the Patient and Observer Scar Assessment Scale (POSAS). Int Wound J. 2017;14:1262-1268 pubmed publisher..OSAS-I is useful for clinical and research purposes, while PSAS-I should be better used to capture patients' own opinions and symptoms in clinical settings...
- Wang H, Barbieri C, He J, Gao Y, Shi T, Wu C, et al. Quantification of mutant SPOP proteins in prostate cancer using mass spectrometry-based targeted proteomics. J Transl Med. 2017;15:175 pubmed publisher..In summary, PRISM-SRM enables multiplexed, isoform-specific detection of mutant SPOP proteins in cell lysates, providing significant potential in biomarker development for prostate cancer. ..
- Preston G, Plusquin M, Sozeri O, van Veldhoven K, Bastian L, Nawrot T, et al. Refinement of a Methodology for Untargeted Detection of Serum Albumin Adducts in Human Populations. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that our implementation of FS-SRM could be useful for studying other environmental factors with relevance to human health...