Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOX30
Description: SRY-box 30
Alias: transcription factor SOX-30, SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 30, Sox30 protein type II
- Roumaud P, Haché J, Martin L. Expression profiles of Sox transcription factors within the postnatal rodent testes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;447:175-187 pubmed publisher..to play an important role in sex determination (Sry, Sox9), male gonadal development, and fertility (Sox4, Sox8, Sox30). However, their expression profiles per cell types remain elusive...
- Han F, Liu W, Shi X, Yang J, Zhang X, Li Z, et al. SOX30 Inhibits Tumor Metastasis through Attenuating Wnt-Signaling via Transcriptional and Posttranslational Regulation of ?-Catenin in Lung Cancer. EBioMedicine. 2018;31:253-266 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigate in lung cancer that SOX30 is sharply under-expressed in metastatic tumors compared with non-metastatic tumors, and suppresses plenty of ..
- Bai S, Fu K, Yin H, Cui Y, Yue Q, Li W, et al. Sox30 initiates transcription of haploid genes during late meiosis and spermiogenesis in mouse testes. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Here, we report that expression of Sox30 is restricted to meiotic spermatocytes and postmeiotic haploids...
- Koopman P, Schepers G, Brenner S, Venkatesh B. Origin and diversity of the SOX transcription factor gene family: genome-wide analysis in Fugu rubripes. Gene. 2004;328:177-86 pubmed publisher..In particular, Fugu does not have orthologues of Sry, Sox15 and Sox30, which appear to be specific to mammals, while Sox19, found in Fugu and zebrafish but absent in mammals, seems to ..
- Feng C, Spiller C, Merriner D, O Bryan M, Bowles J, Koopman P. SOX30 is required for male fertility in mice. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17619 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the transcription factor SOX30 plays a critical role in mouse spermatogenesis...
- Petit F, Kervarrec C, Jamin S, Smagulova F, Hao C, Becker E, et al. Combining RNA and protein profiling data with network interactions identifies genes associated with spermatogenesis in mouse and human. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:71 pubmed publisher..Specifically, our results suggest roles during embryogenesis and adult spermatogenesis for Foxr1 and Sox30 and during spermiogenesis and fertility for Fam71b, 1700019N19Rik, Hmgb4, and Zfp597.
- Han F, Liu W, Jiang X, Shi X, Yin L, Ao L, et al. SOX30, a novel epigenetic silenced tumor suppressor, promotes tumor cell apoptosis by transcriptional activating p53 in lung cancer. Oncogene. 2015;34:4391-402 pubmed publisher..roles in embryonic development, cell proliferation and disease, the functional role and molecular mechanism of SOX30 in cancer are largely unexplored...
- Merker J, Roskin K, Ng D, Pan C, Fisk D, King J, et al. Comprehensive whole-genome sequencing of an early-stage primary myelofibrosis patient defines low mutational burden and non-recurrent candidate genes. Haematologica. 2013;98:1689-96 pubmed publisher..Additional mutations in three genes (CAP2, SOX30, and MFRP) were also evident, albeit with no support for expression at the RNA level...
- Han F, Wang Z, Wu F, Liu Z, Huang B, Wang D. Characterization, phylogeny, alternative splicing and expression of Sox30 gene. BMC Mol Biol. 2010;11:98 pubmed publisher..Among these members, Sox30 had been considered to exist only in mammals since its discovery, and its exact function remains unclear. ..
- Fan B, Wang D, Tham C, Lam D, Pang C. Gene expression profiles of human trabecular meshwork cells induced by triamcinolone and dexamethasone. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:1886-97 pubmed publisher..Two genes, MYOC and GAS1, were upregulated, and three genes, SENP1, ZNF343, and SOX30, were downregulated by both TA and DEX treatment...
- Assou S, Anahory T, Pantesco V, Le Carrour T, Pellestor F, Klein B, et al. The human cumulus--oocyte complex gene-expression profile. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:1705-19 pubmed..growth factors such as TNFSF13/APRIL, FGF9, FGF14 and IL4 and transcription factors including OTX2, SOX15 and SOX30. Conversely, cumulus cells, in addition to known genes such as LHCGR or BMPR2, overexpressed cell-to-cell ..
- Bullejos M, Diaz de la Guardia R, Barragán M, Sanchez A. HMG-box sequences from microbats homologous to the human SOX30 HMG-box. Genetica. 2000;110:157-62 pubmed..The high percentage of identity of this sequences with the human and mouse SOX30 HMG-box suggests that they are the SOX30 HMG-box for these two bat species.
- Wang S, Wang X, Ma L, Lin X, Zhang D, Li Z, et al. Retinoic Acid Is Sufficient for the In Vitro Induction of Mouse Spermatocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:80-94 pubmed publisher..Using this model, we showed that Stra8, Agpat3, Fam57a, Wdr91, and Sox30 contributed to the proliferation and meiosis initiation differentially...
- Han F, Liu W, Xiao H, Dong Y, Sun L, Mao C, et al. High expression of SOX30 is associated with favorable survival in human lung adenocarcinoma. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13630 pubmed publisherIn our previous study, we had identified SOX30 as a novel tumor suppressor that acts through direct regulation of p53 transcription in human lung cancer...