Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOCS6
Description: suppressor of cytokine signaling 6
Alias: CIS-4, CIS4, HSPC060, SOCS-4, SOCS-6, SOCS4, SSI4, STAI4, STATI4, STAT induced STAT inhibitor-4, cytokine-inducible SH2 protein 4, suppressor of cytokine signaling 4
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 detected as a novel gastric cancer suppressor gene using double combination array analysisDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Surgery II, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
World J Surg 36:362-72. 2012..Molecular mechanisms behind the oncogenesis of gastric cancer (GC) have yet to be identified...
- MicroRNA-98 and let-7 regulate expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 in biliary epithelial cells in response to Cryptosporidium parvum infectionGuoku Hu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Infect Dis 202:125-35. 2010..We report here that down-regulation of miR-98 and let-7 also coordinates epithelial expression of SOCS4 after C. parvum infection...
- Epithelial induction of porcine suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 (SOCS2) gene expression in response to Entamoeba histolyticaTimothée Bruel
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, Nouzilly, Tours, France
Dev Comp Immunol 34:562-71. 2010..protozoan, Entamoeba histolytica, and we identified by rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) PCR porcine SOCS1, SOCS4, SOCS5 and SOCS6 encoding sequences...
- SOCS-6 negatively regulates T cell activation through targeting p56lck to proteasomal degradationYoung Bong Choi
Department of Life Science, Ewha Woman s University, 120 750 Seoul, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:7271-80. 2010..Moreover, SOCS-6 overexpression led to repression of TCR-dependent interleukin-2 promoter activity. These results establish that SOCS-6 acts as a negative regulator of T cell activation by promoting ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis...
- The mechanism of ubiquitination in the cullin-RING E3 ligase machinery: conformational control of substrate orientationJin Liu
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000527. 2009..Here, we simulated nine substrate binding proteins: Skp2, Fbw7, beta-TrCP1, Cdc4, Fbs1, TIR1, pVHL, SOCS2, and SOCS4, in the unbound form and bound to Skp1, ASK1 or Elongin C...
- Genomic organization and functional characterization of the promoter for the human suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 geneRai Hua Lai
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Gene 448:64-73. 2009..we report the expression and genomic structure of the gene encoding human suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6), and the characterization of the functional promoter region...
- SOCS6, down-regulated in gastric cancer, inhibits cell proliferation and colony formationRai Hua Lai
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Lett 288:75-85. 2010..By mRNA differential display, we showed that SOCS6 was frequently down-regulated in gastric cancer (GC)...
- Investigation of gene expression in C(2)C(12) myotubes following simvastatin application and mechanical strainJi Guo Yu
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Science, Sports Medicine Unite, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:21-9. 2009..The aim of the study was to investigate the molecular mechanisms that may mediate statin myopathy...
- Feedback inhibitors of the epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathwaysNoriko Gotoh
Division of Systems Biomedical Technology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:511-5. 2009..FRS2beta)/suc1-associated neurotrophic factor target-2 (SNT-2)/FRS3, suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3)/SOCS4/SOCS5, and leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains 1 (LRIG1)...
- Suppressors of cytokine-signaling proteins induce insulin resistance in the retina and promote survival of retinal cellsXuebin Liu
Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1857, USA
Diabetes 57:1651-8. 2008....
- Association of systemic lupus erythematosus with C8orf13-BLK and ITGAM-ITGAXGeoffrey Hom
Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
N Engl J Med 358:900-9. 2008..Alleles of HLA-DRB1, IRF5, and STAT4 are established susceptibility genes; there is strong evidence for the existence of additional risk loci...
- Identification of suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS) 6, 7, 9 and CISH in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss and analysis of their expression in relation to other known trout SOCSTiehui Wang
Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
Fish Shellfish Immunol 29:656-67. 2010..the type II SOCS genes (CISH, SOCS1-3) are particularly relevant to immune regulation in fish, although the intriguing expansion of the SOCS4/5 subgroup in fish requires further investigation as to their role and functional divergence.
- SA-ABA antagonism in defense responsesWolfgang Moeder
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Plant Signal Behav 5:1231-3. 2010..the antagonistic effects of salicylic acid (SA) and abscisic acid (ABA) in the lesion mimic mutants, cpr22 and ssi4. After shifting these mutants from high humidity, where the lesion mimic phenotype is suppressed to permissive low ..
- Suppressor of cytokine signalling-6 promotes neurite outgrowth via JAK2/STAT5-mediated signalling pathway, involving negative feedback inhibitionSakshi Gupta
Eukaryotic Gene Expression Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 6:e26674. 2011..The SOCS6 protein, a less extensively studied SOCS family member, has been shown to induce insulin resistance in the retina ..
- SOCS5 and SOCS6 have similar expression patterns in normal and cancer tissuesSungpil Yoon
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu 1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 411 764, South Korea
Tumour Biol 33:215-21. 2012In the present study, we investigated mRNA expression patterns of both SOCS5 and SOCS6 in various normal and cancer tissues using a commercially available Cancer Profiling Array...
- Expression of SOCS1-7 and CIS mRNA in porcine tissuesMario Delgado-Ortega
Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 144:493-8. 2011..mRNA expression of SOCS1, SOCS3, SOCS7 and CIS was rather heterogeneous between tissues while for SOCS2, SOCS4, SOCS5 and SOCS6 differences of expression were less obvious...
- Regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signalling by inducible feedback inhibitorsOreste Segatto
Department of Experimental Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, 00158 Rome, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:1785-93. 2011..cells, four EGFR inducible feedback inhibitors (IFIs), namely LRIG1, RALT (also known as MIG6 and ERRFI1), SOCS4 and SOCS5, have been discovered recently...
- [Examination of the stability of medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorders over time within the context of different diagnostic concepts]Natalie Steinbrecher
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Klinische Psychologie, Mainz
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 61:356-63. 2011The aim of this study was to determine and to compare the stability of medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorders within the context of different diagnostic concepts (SSI4/6, DSM-IV, DSM-V).
- Porphyromonas gingivalis induction of microRNA-203 expression controls suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 in gingival epithelial cellsCatherine E Moffatt
Center for Oral Health and Systemic Disease, School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Infect Immun 79:2632-7. 2011..Putative targets of miR-203, suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) and SOCS6, were evaluated by qRT-PCR. SOCS3 and SOCS6 mRNA levels were reduced >5-fold and >2-fold, respectively, in P...
- Arabidopsis metacaspase 2d is a positive mediator of cell death induced during biotic and abiotic stressesNaohide Watanabe
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 8550, USA
Plant J 66:969-82. 2011..proteins were found to correlate with conditional cell-death induction in two lesion-mimic mutants (cpr22 and ssi4) that exhibit spontaneous cell-death phenotypes...
- Investigating the inner speech of people who stutter: evidence for (and against) the covert repair hypothesisPaul H Brocklehurst
Department of Psychology, School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, 7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, Scotland, UK
J Commun Disord 44:246-60. 2011..However, the frequency of participants' inner-speech errors was not correlated to their SSI4 scores, nor to two other measures of stuttering severity...
- Pim3 negatively regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretionGregory Vlacich
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Islets 2:308-17. 2010..Pim3 was also found to physically interact with SOCS6 and SOCS6 levels were strongly reduced in Pim3-/- islets...
- Structural basis for c-KIT inhibition by the suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) ubiquitin ligaseFahad Zadjali
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 286:480-90. 2011..Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) is a member of the SOCS family of E3 ubiquitin ligases that can interact with c-KIT and suppress c-KIT-dependent ..
- Cation diffusion facilitator Cis4 is implicated in Golgi membrane trafficking via regulating zinc homeostasis in fission yeastYue Fang
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 19:1295-303. 2008..confer sensitivities to the calcineurin inhibitor FK506 and to a high concentration of MgCl(2) and isolated the cis4-1 mutant, an allele of the gene encoding a cation diffusion facilitator (CDF) protein that is structurally related ..
- CRT1, an Arabidopsis ATPase that interacts with diverse resistance proteins and modulates disease resistance to turnip crinkle virusHong Gu Kang
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Cell Host Microbe 3:48-57. 2008..crt1 also suppressed HR-like cell death induced by ssi4, a constitutively active R protein, and by Pseudomonas syringae carrying avrRpt2...
- Insulin receptor substrate 4 couples the leptin receptor to multiple signaling pathwaysJoris Wauman
Department of Medical Protein Research, University of Ghent, A Baertsoenkaai 3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Endocrinol 22:965-77. 2008..IRS4 interacted with the regulatory p85 subunit of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, phospholipase Cgamma, and the suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family members SOCS2, SOCS6, and SOCS7 and thus can modulate LR signaling.
- Prognostic and predictive relevance of DNAM-1, SOCS6 and CADH-7 genes on chromosome 18q in colorectal cancerIana Storojeva
Department of Research, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Oncology 68:246-55. 2005..novel putative tumor suppressors, Cadh-7, DNAX accessory molecule-1 (Dnam-1) and suppressor of cytokine signaling (Socs6) on chromosome 18q and to correlate molecular results with patient survival and benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling 4 and 5 regulate epidermal growth factor receptor signalingEdith Kario
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 280:7038-48. 2005..Here we show that the expression of SOCS5 and its closest homolog SOCS4 is elevated in cells following treatment with EGF, similar to several negative feedback regulators of EGFR whose ..
- Two Drosophila suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) differentially regulate JAK and EGFR pathway activitiesJason S Rawlings
Dept of Biology, University of Kentucky, 101 Morgan Bldg Lexington, KY 40506, USA
BMC Cell Biol 5:38. 2004..Examination of one Drosophila SOCS homologue, Socs36E, demonstrated that its expression is responsive to JAK pathway activity and it is capable of downregulating JAK signaling, similar to the well characterized mammalian SOCS...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 associates with KIT and regulates KIT receptor signalingJulie Bayle
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U119, Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Moléculaire et Fonctionnelle, 27 Boulevard Lei Roure, 13009 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 279:12249-59. 2004..The function of SOCS4, 5, 6, and 7 are not known...
- Specific sequence changes in multiple transcript system DYT3 are associated with X-linked dystonia parkinsonismDagmar Nolte
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Schlangenzahl 14, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10347-52. 2003..Three exons overlap with ING2 (a putative tumor suppressor) and with a homologue of CIS4 (cytokine-inducible SH2 protein 4), both of which are encoded by the opposite strand...
- Differential roles of SOCS family members in EpoR signal transductionArmin G Jegalian
Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1735, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:853-60. 2002..b>SOCS4 expression, in contrast, does not appear to be EPO inducible...
- Preparation and expression of biologically active prolactin and growth hormone receptors and suppressor of cytokine signaling proteins 1, 2, 3, and 6 tagged with cyan and yellow fluorescent proteinsLiora Ben-Yair
Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Protein Expr Purif 25:456-64. 2002..Constructs encoding DNA tagged with YFP or CFP upstream of SOCS1, SOCS2, SOCS3, and SOCS6 were prepared in pECFP-C1 and pEYFP-C1 plasmids...
- SOCS-6 binds to insulin receptor substrate 4, and mice lacking the SOCS-6 gene exhibit mild growth retardationDanielle L Krebs
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and the Cooperative Research Centre for Cellular Growth Factors, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 22:4567-78. 2002..However, both male and female SOCS-6(-/-) mice weighed approximately 10% less than wild-type littermates...
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling-1 and -6 associate with and inhibit the insulin receptor. A potential mechanism for cytokine-mediated insulin resistanceR A Mooney
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25889-93. 2001..These results suggest that SOCS proteins may be inhibitors of IR signaling and could mediate cytokine-induced insulin resistance and contribute to the pathogenesis of type II diabetes...
- Interleukin-10 (IL-10) selectively enhances CIS3/SOCS3 mRNA expression in human neutrophils: evidence for an IL-10-induced pathway that is independent of STAT protein activationM A Cassatella
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Blood 94:2880-9. 1999..to the recently cloned cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein (CIS) gene family (which also includes CIS1, CIS2, CIS4, CIS5, and JAB) that is believed to be, at least in part, under the control of STAT transcription factors and whose ..
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase HOIL-1 induces the polyubiquitination and degradation of SOCS6 associated proteinsJulie Bayle
INSERM UMR599, Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Moléculaire et Fonctionnelle, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 580:2609-14. 2006..Here, we show that haem-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase-1 (HOIL-1), another E3 ubiquitin ligase, interacts with SOCS6. The Ubl domain of HOIL-1 and the SH2 and Socs-box domains of SOCS6 are required for the interaction...
- Crystal structure of the SOCS2-elongin C-elongin B complex defines a prototypical SOCS box ubiquitin ligaseAlex N Bullock
Structural Genomics Consortium, Botnar Research Centre, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7637-42. 2006..is conserved in SOCS1-3 and CIS1, which share a strictly conserved length of their C termini, but not in SOCS4, 5, and 7, which have extended C termini defining two distinct classes of inter- and intramolecular SOCS box ..
- The Arabidopsis gain-of-function mutant ssi4 requires RAR1 and SGT1b differentially for defense activation and morphological alterationsFasong Zhou
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 21:40-9. 2008A gain-of-function mutation in resistance (R) gene SSI4 causes constitutive activation of defense responses, spontaneous necrotic lesion formation, enhanced resistance against virulent pathogens, and a severe dwarf phenotype...
- Structure of the SOCS4-ElonginB/C complex reveals a distinct SOCS box interface and the molecular basis for SOCS-dependent EGFR degradationAlex N Bullock
University of Oxford, Structural Genomics Consortium, Botnar Research Centre, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom
Structure 15:1493-504. 2007..SOCS assemble as SH2 domain substrate recognition modules in ElonginB/C-cullin ubiquitin ligases. In accordance, SOCS4 reduces STAT3 signaling from EGFR through increased receptor degradation...
- Modulation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) factor pathways during focal cerebral ischaemia: a gene expression array study in rat hippocampus after middle cerebral artery occlusionSheng Li Sun
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:1097-101. 2007..on global changes in STAT gene expression in the hippocampus of rats after focal cerebral ischaemia and reperfusion, in which STAT2, 5a, 5b, 6 and SOCS4 were confirmed to be significantly modulated during focal cerebral ischaemia.
- Mechanistic and prognostic significance of aberrant methylation in the molecular pathogenesis of human hepatocellular carcinomaDiego F Calvisi
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4262, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2713-22. 2007..Further, selective inactivation of SPRY1 and -2, DAB2, and SOCS4 and -5 genes and inhibitors of angiogenesis (BNIP3, BNIP3L, IGFBP3, and EGLN2) was associated with poor prognosis...
- The relationship between chronic fatigue and somatization syndrome: a general population surveyAlexandra Martin
Section for Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:147-56. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of chronic fatigue (CF) and its association with somatization syndrome [Somatization Syndrome Index (SSI) 4/6: >/=4 somatoform symptoms in men, 6 in women] in the general population...
- The nuclear localization of SOCS6 requires the N-terminal region and negatively regulates Stat3 protein levelsMi Na Hwang
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu l dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si Gyeonggi do 411 764, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:333-8. 2007We determined that endogenous- and overexpressed- SOCS6 was localized in both the nucleus and cytoplasm...
- The evolutionarily conserved EBR module of RALT/MIG6 mediates suppression of the EGFR catalytic activityS Anastasi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 26:7833-46. 2007..attention is being drawn on transcriptionally controlled feedback inhibitors of EGFR, namely RALT/MIG6, LRIG1, SOCS4 and SOCS5...
- Increased SOCS6 stability with PMA requires its N-terminal region and the Erk pathway via Pkcdelta activationMi Na Hwang
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu 1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si Gyeonggi do 411 764, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:184-9. 2007We investigated stability of the ectopically expressed the SOCS6 protein in HEK293T cells with PMA, which activates protein kinase C (PKC). The treatment of PMA could largely increase SOCS6 stability in HEK293T cells...
- Attenuation of leptin and insulin signaling by SOCS proteinsJane K Howard
Endocrine Unit, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Trends Endocrinol Metab 17:365-71. 2006..evidence suggests that SOCS3 appears to be of particular importance in the development of leptin resistance, whereas the ability to diminish insulin action has been described for several SOCS proteins (SOCS1, SOCS3, SOCS6 and SOCS7).
- Expression of SOCS1 and SOCS3 genes is differentially regulated in breast cancer cells in response to proinflammatory cytokine and growth factor signalsM K Evans
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Oncogene 26:1941-8. 2007..Compared to normal breast cells, we observe a high level constitutive expression of SOCS2, SOCS3, SOCS5, SOCS6, SOCS7, CIS and/or SOCS1 genes in the human cancer cells...
- Cloning and characterization of novel CIS family genesM Masuhara
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:439-46. 1997..Here we cloned three additional CIS family genes (CIS2, CIS3, and CIS4) on the basis of an expression sequence tag (EST) database search...