Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOAT1
Description: sterol O-acyltransferase 1
Alias: ACACT, ACAT, ACAT-1, ACAT1, SOAT, STAT, acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1, sterol O-acyltransferase (acyl-Coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase) 1
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Acyl coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase types 1 and 2: structure and function in atherosclerosisL L Rudel
Arteriosclerosis Research Program, Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 12:121-7. 2001..responsible for cholesterol ester formation in tissues, acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase types 1 and 2 (ACAT1 and ACAT2)...
- Androgen-mediated cholesterol metabolism in LNCaP and PC-3 cell lines is regulated through two different isoforms of acyl-coenzyme A:Cholesterol Acyltransferase (ACAT)Jennifer A Locke
Department of Urologic Sciences, University of British Columbia, The Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Prostate 68:20-33. 2008..The objective of this work was to determine the effect of an androgen agonist, R1881, on intracellular cholesterol synthesis and esterification in androgen-sensitive (AS) prostate cancer (LNCaP) cells...
- Characterization of two human genes encoding acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-related enzymesP Oelkers
Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 273:26765-71. 1998The enzyme acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) mediates sterol esterification, a crucial component of intracellular lipid homeostasis...
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase cDNA in mutant Chinese hamster ovary cellsC C Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
J Biol Chem 268:20747-55. 1993..element in forming cholesterol ester from cholesterol is the enzyme acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT). ACAT is a membrane protein located in the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Human acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) gene organization and evidence that the 4.3-kilobase ACAT-1 mRNA is produced from two different chromosomesB L Li
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11060-71. 1999Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) plays important roles in cellular cholesterol homeostasis. Four human ACAT-1 mRNAs (7.0, 4.3, 3.6, and 2...
- Human acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 in the endoplasmic reticulum contains seven transmembrane domainsS Lin
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 274:23276-85. 1999Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) plays important roles in cellular cholesterol homeostasis and is involved in atherosclerosis. ACAT-1 protein is located mainly in the ER...
- Human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (acat1) sequences located in two different chromosomes (7 and 1) are required to produce a novel ACAT1 isoenzyme with additional sequence at the N terminusLi Yang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Rd, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 279:46253-62. 2004A rare form of human ACAT1 mRNA, containing the optional long 5'-untranslated region, is produced as a 4...
- Genetic association of acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase with cerebrospinal fluid cholesterol levels, brain amyloid load, and risk for Alzheimer's diseaseM A Wollmer
Division of Psychiatry Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Psychiatry 8:635-8. 2003A common polymorphism of the gene encoding acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (SOAT1), which is involved in the regulation of beta-amyloid peptide generation, is associated with low brain amyloid load (P=0...
- The active site His-460 of human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 resides in a hitherto undisclosed transmembrane domainZhan Yun Guo
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 280:37814-26. 2005..within the region of amino acids 354-493, expressed these mutants in Chinese hamster ovary cells lacking ACAT1, and prepared microsomes from transfected cells...
- Knockdown of ACAT-1 reduces amyloidogenic processing of APPHenri J Huttunen
Neurobiology of Disease Laboratory, MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, United States
FEBS Lett 581:1688-92. 2007Previous studies have shown that acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyl transferase (ACAT), an enzyme that controls cellular equilibrium between free cholesterol and cholesteryl esters, modulates proteolytic processing of APP in cell-based and ..
- ACAT-2, a second mammalian acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase. Its cloning, expression, and characterizationS Cases
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141, USA
J Biol Chem 273:26755-64. 1998..Mouse tissue expression studies and the disruption of the mouse ACAT gene (Acact) have indicated that more than one ACAT exists in mammals and specifically that another enzyme is important in ..
- Association between acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase gene and risk for Alzheimer's disease in ChineseFa Guo Zhao
Department of Neurology, First Hospital of Peking University, Beijing, China
Neurosci Lett 388:17-20. 2005..A single nucleotide polymorphism rs1044925 in the sterol O-acyltransferase 1 (SOAT1), the gene encoding ACAT1, has been reported to be association with an increased risk for sporadic AD (SAD) in ..
- Localization of human acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) in macrophages and in various tissuesN Sakashita
Second Department of Pathology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 156:227-36. 2000To investigate the distribution of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) in various human tissues, we examined tissues of autopsy cases immunohistochemically...
- [Treatment of cardiac insufficiency: does treatment depend on whether its cause is ischemic or idiopathic?]M Galinier
Service de cardiologie clinique et expérimentale, Centre hospitalo universitaire de Toulouse Rangueil
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:727-32. 1999..of patients with non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy, contrasting with the absence of an effect with this molecule in the STAT-CHF trial which only comprised 29% of patients with non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy...
- Toxicologic effects of a novel acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitor in cynomolgus monkeysJ F Reindel
Department of Pathology, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
Toxicol Pathol 22:510-8. 1994PD 132301-2, an acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) inhibitor, was administered orally to cynomolgus monkeys for 2 wk at doses of 25, 50, 100, and 200 mg/kg to assess potential subacute toxicity...
- [Specific treatment of the acute cerebral infarct. Present and future]J J Muñoz-Torrero
Servicio de Neurologia, Unidad de Ictus, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 31:959-82. 2000..Regarding Ancrod, a recent North American study (STAT) with administration of it within three hours showed significant benefit three months later...
- [Cardiac insufficiency: prevention of ventricular arrhythmias]P Mabo
, CHU, Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:23-8. 2000..have not been demonstrated, especially in view of the discordance between the results of the GESICA and CHF STAT trials...
- Mucosal acidification and an acid microclimate in the hen colon in vitroG Laverty
School of Life and Health Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark 19716
J Comp Physiol B 163:633-41. 1994..Titration measurements of the mucosal acidification rate (pH-stat technique) averaged 1.63 +/- 0.25 microEq.cm-2.h-1...
- Protective effects of prostaglandins in the isolated gastric mucosa of the eel, Anguilla anguillaC Faggio
Istituto di Fisiologia Generale, , Salita Sperone, Sant Agata, Italy
J Comp Physiol B 170:357-63. 2000..PGE2) on acid secretion rate (J(H)) and on alkaline secretion rate (J(OH)) were evaluated (with the aid of the pH stat method) in isolated gastric mucosa mounted in Ussing chambers...
- Effect of ethanol on innate antiviral pathways and HCV replication in human liver cellsCourtney R Plumlee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Virol J 2:89. 2005..To model the molecular mechanisms behind this phenotype, we characterized the effects of ethanol on Jak-Stat and MAPK pathways in Huh7 human hepatoma cells, in HCV replicon cell lines, and in primary human hepatocytes...
- Members of the Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) pathway are present and active in human spermO J D'Cruz
Department of Reproductive Biology, Parker Hughes Institute, St Paul, Minnesota 55113, USA
Fertil Steril 76:258-66. 2001To investigate whether components of the Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) pathway are present and active in human sperm.
- The effects of sterol structure upon sterol esterificationDon S Lin
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Atherosclerosis 208:155-60. 2010Cholesterol is esterified in mammals by two enzymes: LCAT (lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase) in plasma and ACAT(1) and ACAT(2) (acyl-CoA cholesterol acyltransferases) in the tissues...
- Up-regulation of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) in nephrotic syndromeNosratola D Vaziri
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Kidney Int 61:1769-75. 2002..is inhibited and Ch-7alpha is augmented by intracellular free cholesterol, which is avidly esterified by acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT). Therefore, we hypothesized that NS may result in up-regulation of hepatic ACAT.
- Analysis of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (Stat 3) pathway in multiple myeloma: Stat 3 activation and cyclin D1 dysregulation are mutually exclusive eventsLeticia Quintanilla-Martinez
Institutes of Pathology, GSF National Research Center for Health and Environment, Neuherberg, Germany
Am J Pathol 162:1449-61. 2003..Recently, it was proposed that constitutively activated Stat 3 (Stat 3 phosphorylated) contributes to the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma (MM) by preventing apoptosis and ..
- Leukemia inhibitory factor and NGF regulate signal transducers and activators of transcription activation in sympathetic ganglia: convergence of cytokine- and neurotrophin-signaling pathwaysP Rajan
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Brain Res 802:198-204. 1998..leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)-dependent activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) factors...
- Bladder tumor markers: need, nature and application. 2. Tumor and tumor-associated antigensM M Kirollos
Urology Department, Torbay Hospital, South Devon Health Care Trust, UK
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 9:228-35. 1998..These are currently the Bard BTA, BTA Stat and Aura-Tek FDP tests...
- A community-based evaluation of the Vita-Stat automatic blood pressure recorderK Salaita
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health and Hygiene, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Hypertens 3:366-72. 1990A random sample of ten community-based Vita-Stat automatic blood pressure recorders (ABPR) was evaluated for accuracy and repeatability...
- Phlebotomine sandflies (Diptera: Psychodidae) of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry, southern India, in relation to visceral leishmaniasisK Ilango
Zoological Survey of India, Southern Regional Station, Madras
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 88:413-31. 1994..A new species, Sergentomyia shettyi sp. nov., is described and Sergentomyia babu and Sergentomyia insularis stat. nov. are considered distinct species on the basis of their parapatric distribution. Phlebotomus papatasi and P...
- Tissue-specific expression and cholesterol regulation of acylcoenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) in mice. Molecular cloning of mouse ACAT cDNA, chromosomal localization, and regulation of ACAT in vivo and in vitroP J Uelmen
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26192-201. 1995Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) catalyzes the esterification of cholesterol with long chain fatty acids and is believed to play an important part in the development of atherosclerotic lesions...
- Reduced ABCA1-mediated cholesterol efflux and accelerated atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice lacking macrophage-derived ACAT1Yan Ru Su
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn 37232 6300, USA
Circulation 111:2373-81. 2005Macrophage acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) and apolipoprotein E (apoE) have been implicated in regulating cellular cholesterol homeostasis and therefore play critical roles in foam cell formation...
- Repression of Wasp by JAK/STAT signalling inhibits medial actomyosin network assembly and apical cell constriction in intercalating epithelial cellsClaire Bertet
IBDML, UMR6216 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Development 136:4199-212. 2009..We report that apical constriction is repressed by JAK/STAT signalling in the lateral ectoderm independently of Twist...
- Interleukin-7 signaling in human B cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells and murine BAF3 cells involves activation of STAT1 and STAT5 mediated via the interleukin-7 receptor alpha chainD C van der Plas
Department of Hematology, Dr Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 10:1317-25. 1996..Activation of the JAK/STAT pathway has been implicated in IL-7R signaling...
- NMP 22, BTA stat test and cytology in the diagnosis of bladder cancer: a comparative studyJ L Gutierrez Banos
Department of Urology, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, Santander, Spain
Urol Int 66:185-90. 2001To evaluate the usefulness of the NMP 22 and BTA stat test in the diagnosis and follow-up of bladder cancer and to compare these tests to cytology and cystoscopy, routine diagnostic methods.
- STAT proteins mediate angiotensin II-induced production of TIMP-1 in human proximal tubular epithelial cellsXiangMei Chen
Department of Nephrology, Chinese General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Kidney Int 64:459-67. 2003..Angiotensin II has been reported to activate signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) and induce proliferation of myocyte and vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC)...
- Cloning and functional characterization of human sodium-dependent organic anion transporter (SLC10A6)Joachim Geyer
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 107, 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:19728-41. 2007We have cloned human sodium-dependent organic anion transporter (SOAT) cDNA, which consists of 1502 bp and encodes a 377-amino acid protein...
- Quasi steady state growth of Lactococcus lactis in glucose-limited acceleration stat (A-stat) culturesKaarel Adamberg
Department of Food Processing, Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate tee 5, Tallinn, Estonia
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 95:219-26. 2009Quasi steady state growth of Lactococcus lactis IL 1403 was studied in glucose-limited A-stat cultivation experiments with acceleration rates (a) from 0.003 to 0.06 h(-2) after initial stabilization of the cultures in chemostat at D = 0...
- The optional long 5'-untranslated region of human ACAT1 mRNAs impairs the production of ACAT1 protein by promoting its mRNA decayXiaonan Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:30-41. 2009We have previously reported that human ACAT1 mRNAs produce the 50 kDa protein using the AUG(11397-1399) initiation codon, and also a minor 56 kDa isoform using the upstream in-frame GGC(1274-1276) initiation codon...
- Effects of pH management during selective antegrade cerebral perfusion on cerebral microcirculation and metabolism: alpha-stat versus pH-statSebastian Dahlbacka
Department of Surgery, Clinical Research Center, Oulu University Hospital and University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Ann Thorac Surg 84:847-55. 2007..Selective cerebral perfusion (SCP) is used for extending the period during which surgical procedures can be safely performed. We sought to determine the direct effects of pH management on cerebral microcirculation and metabolism during SCP...
- ACAT inhibition and progression of carotid atherosclerosis in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: the CAPTIVATE randomized trialMarijn C Meuwese
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JAMA 301:1131-9. 2009Inhibition of acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT), an intracellular enzyme involved in cholesterol accumulation, with pactimibe was developed to assist in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Effect of ACAT inhibition on the progression of coronary atherosclerosisSteven E Nissen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1253-63. 2006The enzyme acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) esterifies cholesterol in a variety of tissues. In some animal models, ACAT inhibitors have antiatherosclerotic effects.
- Purification of recombinant acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) from H293 cells and binding studies between the enzyme and substrates using difference intrinsic fluorescence spectroscopyCatherine C Y Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, United States
Biochemistry 49:9957-63. 2010Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) is a membrane-bound enzyme utilizing long-chain fatty acyl-coenzyme A and cholesterol to form cholesteryl esters and coenzyme A...
- Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibition ameliorates proteinuria, hyperlipidemia, lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase, SRB-1, and low-denisty lipoprotein receptor deficiencies in nephrotic syndromeN D Vaziri
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, USA
Circulation 110:419-25. 2004..Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) catalyzes intracellular esterification of cholesterol and plays an important role in production of apolipoprotein ..
- Inhibition of adrenergic proton extrusion in rainbow trout red cells by nitrite-induced methaemoglobinaemiaM Nikinmaa
Department of Zoology, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Comp Physiol B 162:424-9. 1992..methaemoglobinaemia on adrenergic proton extrusion from rainbow trout red blood cells were studied using the pH-stat method...
- Lack of toxic effects of F 12511, a novel potent inhibitor of acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol O-acyltransferase, on human adrenocortical cells in cultureD Junquero
Centre de Recherche Pierre Fabre, 17 avenue Jean Moulin, F 81106 Castres Cedex, France
Biochem Pharmacol 61:387-98. 2001Inhibition of acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol O-acyltransferase (EC 126.96.36.199; ACAT) reduces intracellular cholesteryl esters that are substrates for steroidogenesis in adrenal cells...
- Growth hormone and prolactin receptors in adipogenesis: STAT-5 activation, suppressors of cytokine signaling, and regulation of insulin-like growth factor IDon Fleenor
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Horm Res 66:101-10. 2006..of GHR and PRLR mRNAs in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes during the course of adipocyte differentiation; (b) the induction of STAT-5 activity by GH and PRL during adipogenesis; and (c) the acute effects of GH and PRL on the suppressors of ..
- Effects of the acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitor avasimibe on human atherosclerotic lesionsJean Claude Tardif
Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger St, Montreal, H1T 1C8, Canada
Circulation 110:3372-7. 2004Inhibition of the acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) enzyme may prevent excess accumulation of cholesteryl esters in macrophages. The ACAT inhibitor avasimibe was shown to reduce experimental atherosclerosis...
- Regulation of pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor by STAT-3-dependent interleukin-6 trans-signaling: implications in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritisMari A Nowell
Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, Tenovus Building, School of Medicine, Heath Park Campus, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Arthritis Rheum 54:2084-95. 2006..To determine whether interleukin-6 (IL-6) trans-signaling directs the expression of pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor (PBEF) in vitro and in vivo...
- [Ghrelin down-regulates ACAT-1 in THP-1 derived foam cells via growth hormone secretagogue receptor-dependent pathway]Jing jing Wan
Department of Geriatrics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:1030-4. 2009To investigate the effects of Ghrelin on the expression of acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferases-1 (ACAT-1) in THP-1 derived foam cells.
- Receptor-mediated tobacco toxicity: cooperation of the Ras/Raf-1/MEK1/ERK and JAK-2/STAT-3 pathways downstream of alpha7 nicotinic receptor in oral keratinocytesJuan Arredondo
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
FASEB J 20:2093-101. 2006..chain reaction (PCR) and In-cell Western, the KCs stimulated with ADSS or nicotine showed multifold increases of STAT-3. These effects could be completely blocked or significantly (P<0...
- Bladder tumor markers for monitoring recurrence and screening comparison of hyaluronic acid-hyaluronidase and BTA-Stat testsVinata B Lokeshwar
Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer 95:61-72. 2002..The authors examined the efficacy of the hyaluronic acid-hyaluronidase (HA-HAase) and BTA-Stat tests to detect and predict bladder carcinoma recurrence and tested their specificity for bladder carcinoma ..
- Absence of ACAT-1 attenuates atherosclerosis but causes dry eye and cutaneous xanthomatosis in mice with congenital hyperlipidemiaH Yagyu
Departments of Metabolic Diseases, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:21324-30. 2000Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) catalyzes esterification of cellular cholesterol. To investigate the role of ACAT-1 in atherosclerosis, we have generated ACAT-1 null (ACAT-1-/-) mice...
- Routine follow-up cystoscopy in detection of recurrence in patients being monitored for bladder cancerM P Raitanen
Department of Urology, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Ann Chir Gynaecol 90:261-5. 2001..Therefore, new tumour markers have been developed. BTA stat has been reported to have high sensitivity in detecting both primary and recurrent bladder tumours, and may have ..
- Brain cooling efficiency with pH-stat and alpha-stat cardiopulmonary bypass in newborn pigsC D Kurth
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 96:II-358-63. 1997..surgery, recent studies suggest improved neurological outcome after deep hypothermic circulatory arrest when pH-stat cardiopulmonary bypass is used compared with alpha-stat cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription 1 and 3 by leukemia inhibitory factor, oncostatin-M, and interferon-gamma in adipocytesJ M Stephens
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
J Biol Chem 273:31408-16. 1998..IFNgamma is shown to be a potent activator of STAT 1 as indicated by both tyrosine phosphorylation and nuclear translocation...
- [Chlamydia pneumoniae induces THP-1-derived foam cell formation by up-regulating the expression of acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase 1]Ping He
Department of Gerontology, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:430-5. 2009To investigate the expression changes of acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) on Chlamydia pneumoniae (C.pn) induced foam cell formation.
- Novel effects of the acyl-coenzyme A:Cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitor 58-035 on foam cell development in primary human monocyte-derived macrophagesA Rodriguez
Department of Medicine, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, MD 21215
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:2199-206. 1999We examined the effect of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) inhibitors on intracellular cholesterol stores in primary human monocyte-derived macrophages (HMMs) during foam cell formation...
- Evaluation of the i-STAT point-of-care analyzer in critically ill adult patientsJacoline Steinfelder-Visscher
Department of Extra Corporeal Circulation, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Extra Corpor Technol 40:57-60. 2008..We therefore evaluated the analytical performance of the i-STAT point-of-care analyzer in two critically ill adult patient populations...
- The effect of inhibition of acyl coenzyme A-cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) on exercise performance in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseWilliam R Hiatt
Section of Vascular Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Vasc Med 9:271-7. 2004This study tested the hypothesis that avasimibe, an inhibitor of acyl coenzyme A-cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT), would improve treadmill exercise performance in patients with claudication secondary to peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Oncostatin M-induced CCL2 transcription in osteoblastic cells is mediated by multiple levels of STAT-1 and STAT-3 signaling: an implication for the pathogenesis of arthritisSang Heng Kok
School fo Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Arthritis Rheum 60:1451-62. 2009..To examine the roles of STATs 1 and 3 in CCL2 production in human osteoblastic cells and their influences on arthritis development...
- Inhibition of Janus kinase 2 and signal transduction and activator of transcription 3 protect against cecal ligation and puncture-induced multiple organ damage and mortalityLiu Hui
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Burns Institute, First Hospital Affiliated to Chinese PLA General Hospital formerly 304th Hospital, Beijing 100037, People s Republic of China
J Trauma 66:859-65. 2009Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) pathway plays an important role in sepsis, transducing a multitude of inflammatory signals. To date, knowledge of JAK/STAT pathway in sepsis is limited...
- Functionality of the seventh and eighth transmembrane domains of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1Zhan Yun Guo
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Biochemistry 46:10063-71. 2007Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (ACAT1) is a resident enzyme in the endoplasmic reticulum. ACAT1 is a homotetrameric protein and contains nine transmembrane domains (TMDs)...
- Roles for the interleukin-4 receptor and associated JAK/STAT proteins in human articular chondrocyte mechanotransductionS J Millward-Sadler
Osteoarticular Research Group, Division of Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:991-1001. 2006..IL4) receptor (IL4R) subtypes and associated Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) molecules in human articular chondrocytes and assess the role of JAK/STAT proteins in chondrocyte ..
- Using STAT properlyWilliam Wesp
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Minneapolis, USA
Radiol Manage 28:26-30; quiz 31-3. 2006The misuse of the term STAT has long been a problem in many hospitals. Instead of being the universal word for "immediate," it has become a convenient phrase used, in some cases, to get what the physician wants now...
- Comparison of pH-stat and alpha-stat cardiopulmonary bypass on cerebral oxygenation and blood flow in relation to hypothermic circulatory arrest in pigletsC D Kurth
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 19104, USA
Anesthesiology 89:110-8. 1998..Recent work has suggested improved neurologic recovery after deep hypothermic arrest with pH-stat cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) compared with alpha-stat CPB...
- Specificity of transcription enhancement via the STAT responsive element in the serine protease inhibitor 2.1 promoterT J Wood
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Cell Endocrinol 130:69-81. 1997..to the gamma-interferon activated sequence (GAS) family of signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) response elements. We have investigated the STAT and cytokine specificity of the SPI 2...
- Differential modulation of ACAT1 and ACAT2 transcription and activity by long chain free fatty acids in cultured cellsT Seo
Institute of Human Nutrition, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 630W 168th Street PH1512, New York, New York 10032, USA
Biochemistry 40:4756-62. 2001..Two ACAT genes have been identified; ACAT1 is expressed ubiquitously while ACAT2 is primarily expressed in intestine and liver...
- Molecular cloning, functional expression and tissue distribution of rat acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferaseH Matsuda
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo 2 2 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1391:193-203. 1998Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) is an enzyme catalyzing the intracellular formation of cholesteryl esters from free cholesterol and fatty acyl-CoA...
- Effect of intravesical instillations on the human complement factor H related protein (BTA stat) testM P Raitanen
Division of Urology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Eur Urol 40:422-6. 2001The BTA stat is a rapid, non-invasive, qualitative urine test that detects bladder tumor-associated antigen (human complement factor H related protein) in urine...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae induces macrophage-derived foam cell formation by up-regulating acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase 1Ping He
Department of Gerontology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1277 Jie Fang Avenue, Wuhan 430022, Hubei Province, China
Microbes Infect 11:157-63. 2009..In macrophages, the accumulation of cholesteryl esters synthesized by acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase 1(ACAT1) plays a crucial role in foam cell formation, a hallmark of early atherosclerotic lesions...
- Discovery and combinatorial synthesis of fungal metabolites beauveriolides, novel antiatherosclerotic agentsHiroshi Tomoda
School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Acc Chem Res 41:32-9. 2008..There are two ACAT isozymes in mammals, ACAT1 and ACAT2...
- Nutritional status of the population in Dalmatia, CroatiaN Smolej-Narancic
Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:59-68. 1999..Elucidation of these effects will provide information on the adequacy of NHANES data for the assessment of nutritional stat+us in Dalmatian population.
- Emergency medicine and the laboratoryE Hardin
Department of Emergency Medicine, King Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 88:279-82. 1996..Special consideration is given to the requirements for a stat laboratory, which provides mandatory service for any large general hospital emergency department...
- Overexpression of human diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1, acyl-coa:cholesterol acyltransferase 1, or acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 stimulates secretion of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins in McA-RH7777 cellsJohn J Liang
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44938-44. 2004..The isolation of genes encoding diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) and acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferases (ACAT1 and ACAT2) provided the opportunity to investigate the effects of isolated increases in triglycerides (TG) or ..
- Serotonin acts as an up-regulator of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 in human monocyte-macrophagesToshiaki Suguro
First Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Atherosclerosis 186:275-81. 2006Acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) converts intracellular free cholesterol into cholesterol ester for storage in lipid droplets and plays an important role in the formation of macrophage-derived foam cells in ..
- Acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitors as hypolipidemic and antiatherosclerotic drugsM Alegret
Unitat de Farmacologia, Departament de Farmacologia i Quimica Terapeutica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:563-86. 2004..Two ACAT isoforms, termed ACAT1 and ACAT2, have been described...
- Clinician and patient perspectives of a new model of triage in a community rehabilitation program that reduced waiting time: a qualitative analysisKatherine E Harding
La Trobe University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Australia
Aust Health Rev 37:324-30. 2013A trial of a new model of triage (Specific and Timely Appointments for Triage: STAT) at a community rehabilitation program (CRP) reduced the mean time to first appointment from 17.5 to 10.0 days...
- The role of STAT-3 in the mediation of smooth muscle cell response to cyclic strainJohn D Kakisis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:1396-406. 2005..The purpose of our study was to assess the involvement of the signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT-3) in the signaling pathway mediating the response of vascular smooth muscle cells (SMC) to cyclic strain...
- Constitutive activity of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 protein in acute myeloid leukemia blasts is associated with short disease-free survivalMustafa Benekli
Leukemia Section, Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Blood 99:252-7. 2002Signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) proteins are involved in hematopoietic cytokine receptor signaling pathways that regulate cell proliferation, differentiation, and survival...
- Polymorphism of rs1044925 in the acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 gene and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Bai Ku Yao and Han populationsDong Feng Wu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, China
Lipids Health Dis 9:139. 2010The association of rs1044925 polymorphism in the acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) gene and serum lipid profiles is not well known in different ethnic groups. Bai Ku Yao is a special subgroup of the Yao minority in China...
- Role of the JAK/STAT signaling pathway in the pathogenesis of acute myocardial infarction in rats and its effect on NF-κB expressionSong Zhang
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:93-8. 2013The Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway (JAK/STAT signaling pathway) is involved in the development of numerous cardiovascular diseases, although the specific role of this pathway in the pathogenesis of ..
- Ultrathin sP(EO-stat-PO) hydrogel coatings are biocompatible and preserve functionality of surface bound growth factors in vivoCarl Neuerburg
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 24:2417-27. 2013Hydrogel coatings prepared from reactive star shaped polyethylene oxide based prepolymers (NCO-sP(EO-stat-PO)) minimize unspecific protein adsorption in vitro, while proteins immobilized on NCO-sP(EO-stat-PO) coatings retain their ..
- Beclomethasone dipropionate and formoterol reduce oxidative/nitrosative stress generated by cigarette smoke extracts and IL-17A in human bronchial epithelial cellsAngela Marina Montalbano
Institute of Biomedicine and Molecular Immunology IBIM, Italian National Research Council CNR, Palermo, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 718:418-27. 2013..oxygen species, nitrotyrosine (NT) and the activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT-1) in normal human bronchial epithelial cells (16HBE)...
- Ring-closing metathesis reactions: interpretation of conversion-time dataVasco Thiel
Organometallic Chemistry, Petersenstrasse 18, TU Darmstadt, 64287 Darmstadt Germany
Chemistry 19:16403-14. 2013..data was derived, which is based on the conversion of the precatalyst (Pcat) into the active species (Acat), with the rate constant kact , followed by two parallel reactions: 1) the catalytic reaction, which utilizes ..
- Initiation and maintenance of CNTF-Jak/STAT signaling in neurons is blocked by protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitorsJianwei Jiao
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 102 Farber Hall, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 116:135-46. 2003..including interferon-gamma and ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF), act in common through tyrosine kinase-based Jak/STAT signaling pathways...
- Roles of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 and -2T Y Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 12:289-96. 2001..In mammals, two ACAT genes (ACAT1 and ACAT2) have been identified...
- Cloning, molecular characterization, and expression analysis of the signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT₃) gene from grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus)Ting Guo
The College of Fisheries and Life Science, Shanghai Ocean University, No 999, Huchenghuan Road, Shanghai 201306, China Key Laboratory of Freshwater Fishery Germplasm Resources, Ministry of Agriculture, No 999, Huchenghuan Road, Shanghai 201306, China Shanghai Engineering Research Center of Aquaculture, No 999, Huchenghuan Road, Shanghai 201306, China Shanghai University Knowledge Service Platform, Shanghai Ocean University Aquatic Animal Breeding Center, No 999, Huchenghuan Road, Shanghai 201306, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 35:1624-34. 2013Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT₃) binds to Janus kinase 2 (JAK₂) to initiate the JAK₂/STAT₃ signal transduction pathway, which plays an important role in cancer cell proliferation, immune regulation, ..
- Reactive oxygen species mediate virus-induced STAT activation: role of tyrosine phosphatasesTianshuang Liu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0366, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2461-9. 2004..this study, we have investigated the role of ROS in RSV-induced signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) activation and interferon regulatory factor (IRF) gene expression in human airway epithelial cells...
- Phosphorylation of STAT-1 serine 727 is prolonged in HLA-B27-expressing human monocytic cellsMarja Ruuska
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e50684. 2013..we studied whether HLA-B27 modulates the phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT-1) serine 727 residue and the localization of STAT-1 in Salmonella-infected human monocytic cells...
- Activation of the signal transducers and activators of transcription signaling pathway by growth hormone (GH) in skin fibroblasts from normal and GH binding protein-positive Laron Syndrome childrenJ S Freeth
Department of Medicine, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 139:20-8. 1998..In the present study, we have examined whether the signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) pathway is activated by GH in skin fibroblast cultures established from these LS children, to determine the level(..
- Glypicans regulate JAK/STAT signaling and distribution of the Unpaired morphogenYoshiki Hayashi
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Development 139:4162-71. 2012..of the Unpaired (Upd) family activate the Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) pathway. The JAK/STAT pathway controls many developmental events, including multiple functions in the ovary...
- Ionization of amphiphilic acidic block copolymersOlivier Colombani
PRES LUNAM, Universite du Maine, IMMM UMR CNRS 6283, Département PCI, Avenue Olivier Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 09, France
J Phys Chem B 116:7560-5. 2012The ionization behavior of an amphiphilic diblock copolymer poly(n-butyl acrylate(50%)-stat-acrylic acid(50%))(100)-block-poly(acrylic acid)(100) (P(nBA(50%)-stat-AA(50%))(100)-b-PAA(100), DH50) and of its equivalent triblock copolymer P(..
- Isolation of Chinese hamster ovary cell lines expressing human acyl-coenzyme A/cholesterol acyltransferase activityK M Cadigan
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756
J Cell Biol 108:2201-10. 1989..the isolation of Chinese hamster ovary cell mutants deficient in acylcoenzyme A/cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) activity (Cadigan, K. M., J. G. Heider, and T. Y. Chang. 1988, J. Biol. Chem. 263:274-282)...
- Control of the orientation of symmetric poly(styrene)-block-poly(D,L-lactide) block copolymers using statistical copolymers of dissimilar compositionImelda Keen
Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Langmuir 28:15876-88. 2012..comprised of monomer units identical to those of the block copolymer is used; that is, typically a poly(styrene)-stat-poly(methyl methacrylate) (PS-stat-PMMA) is used to direct the alignment of poly(styrene)-block-poly(methyl ..
- Expression of interleukin-8 receptor CXCR2 and suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 in astrocytic tumorsPenelope Korkolopoulou
First Department of Pathology, Laiko Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Mol Med 18:379-88. 2012The aim was to expand recently published information regarding the significance of the interleukin (IL)-8/p-STAT-3 (signal transducer and activator of transcription) pathway in astrocytomas, focusing on the IL-8 receptor, chemokine (C-X-C ..
- Adrenocortical lipid depletion gene (ald) in AKR mice is associated with an acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) mutationV L Meiner
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1064-9. 1998..Two recent observations (adrenocortical lipid depletion in acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-deficient (Acact-/-) mice and the mapping of Acact to a region of chromosome 1 containing the ald locus) prompted us to ask whether ..
- Hepatitis C virus drug resistance and immune-driven adaptations: relevance to new antiviral therapySilvana Gaudieri
Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Western Australia, Australia
Hepatology 49:1069-82. 2009The efficacy of specifically targeted anti-viral therapy for hepatitis C virus (HCV) (STAT-C), including HCV protease and polymerase inhibitors, is limited by the presence of drug-specific viral resistance mutations within the targeted ..
- Activation state EGFR and STAT-3 as prognostic markers in resected non-small cell lung cancerTania Cortas
From the Department of Medicine, Divisions of Hematology Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Lung Cancer 55:349-55. 2007..We hypothesized that activation (phosphorylated) state of EGFR (p-EGFR) and its activated downstream signal pathway (p-STAT-3) will have prognostic value in NSCLC.
- White spot syndrome virus annexes a shrimp STAT to enhance expression of the immediate-early gene ie1Wang Jing Liu
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
J Virol 81:1461-71. 2007Although the Janus kinase-signal transducer and activator of transcription (JAK-STAT) signaling pathway is part of the antiviral response in arthropods such as Drosophila, here we show that white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) uses a shrimp ..
- Purification, cloning, and expression of a human enzyme with acyl coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase activity, which is identical to liver carboxylesteraseA Becker
Institute for Clinical Chemistry, University of Regensburg, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb 14:1346-55. 1994An enzyme with acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) activity was isolated from porcine liver, and sequences derived from trypsinized peptides indicated homology to liver carboxylesterase...
- Activation of the signal transducer and activator of transcription-1 in diffuse proliferative lupus nephritisL Martinez-Lostao
Autoimmune Diseases Research Lab, Vall d Hebron Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Lupus 16:483-8. 2007..rely mainly on the activity of the transcription factor called signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)-1...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription-3, inflammation, and cancer: how intimate is the relationship?Bharat B Aggarwal
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Cytokine Research Laboratory, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1171:59-76. 2009Signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT-3) is one of six members of a family of transcription factors. It was discovered almost 15 years ago as an acute-phase response factor...
- Regulation of mucous cell metaplasia in asthmaYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mice deficient in Bax or Stat 1, an obligatory signaling molecule for IFNgamma, do not resolve MCM during prolonged exposures to allergen...
- Functional Analysis of ACATTa Yuan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In mammals, two Acat genes exist that encode for two similar but different proteins, ACAT1 and ACAT2...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF CIITA AND CLASS II MHC IN GLIAETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 1999..In addition, the absolute requirement of the STAT-1( protein in IFN( induced CIITA and class II expression is to be assessed in primary cultures of astrocytes and ..
- Therapeutic Strategies for Environmental Lung DiseasesJames Bonner; Fiscal Year: 2007..IL-13-induced PDGF production by lung cells is tightly regulated by STAT transcription factors; STAT-6 promotes IL-13-induced PDGF production while STAT-1 suppresses PDGF production...
- ASSEMBLY PATHWAY OF VLDL--A THREE STEP PROCESSLARRY SWIFT; Fiscal Year: 2001..will test the following hypotheses related to these assembly steps: 1) Acyl CoA cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) and diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT) provide lipid for the first two assembly steps in the rough ER...
- PARACRINE REGULATION: SERTOLI/GERM CELL INTERACTIONSDR PATRICIA MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. STAT-GAS DNA binding complexes) in the promoters of cytokine-responsive genes, thereby influencing critical transitions ..
- PAX2 INTERACTING PROTEINS IN DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASEGregory Dressler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Given the known action of PIAS-3 to inhibit Stat-3 DNA binding, the possibility that PIAS-3 also inhibits the Pax-2 - DNA interaction will be examined using EMSA...
- Functional Analysis of ACATTa Yuan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In mammals, two Acat genes exist that encode for two similar but different proteins, ACAT1 and ACAT2...
- Functional Analysis of ACATTa Yuan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..In mammals, two Acat genes exist that encode for two similar but different proteins, ACAT1 and ACAT2...
- Cell proliferation in hematopoiesisRUTH M STEWARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pathways such as Toll-NF:B, JAK/STAT, Notch, and Ras/Raf regulate hematopoiesis in vertebrates and lymph gland development in flies...
- Anti viral function of interferon alpha induced human beta defensin 3Santanu Bose; Fiscal Year: 2007..a critical anti-viral cytokine that activates Janus kinases/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) pathway to induce anti-viral proteins...
- Funtional Genomics of Interferon for TuberculosisRichard Pine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Signaling is transduced through activation of STAT-1, a latent transcription factor, and leads to induced expression of other transcription factors...
- Immune Gene Regulation in Human Trophoblast CellsShawn P Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Responses to IFN-3 are mediated by activation of transcription through the JAK-STAT-1 pathway...
- Molecular Basis of Paramyxovirus-Induced STAT DegradationCurt Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2009Type I interferon (IFN) signal transduction through STAT proteins is the paramount host response to virus infections, and its importance is underscored by the wide variety of strategies that diverse viruses have evolved to evade IFN ..
- Molecular Basis of Paramyxovirus-Induced STAT DegradationCurt M Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2010Type I interferon (IFN) signal transduction through STAT proteins is the paramount host response to virus infections, and its importance is underscored by the wide variety of strategies that diverse viruses have evolved to evade IFN ..
- Molecular Basis-Paramyxovirus-induced STAT DegradationCurt Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2006..a DNA binding subunit in association with two proteins from the signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family, STAT1 and STAT2. ISGF3 is the main effector of cellular IFN responses...
- SYNTHESIS OF HELMINTHOSPOROL ANALOGS AS ACAT INHIBITORSEDUARD CASILLAS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Acyl-CoA cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) catalyzes the intracellular esterification of cholesterol with long chain coenzyme A-activated fatty acids...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF ACATTa Yuan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..Acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) is believed to play important roles in dietary cholesterol absorption, in hepatic lipoprotein assembly and ..
- ACAT inhibition regulates ERAD of APP and Abeta productionDora M Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 2010..Acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) inhibitors, which prevent conversion of cholesterol and fatty acids into cholesteryl-esters, are not currently ..
- ACAT inhibition regulates ERAD of APP and Abeta productionDora Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Acyl-coenzyme A: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) inhibitors, which prevent conversion of cholesterol and fatty acids into cholesteryl-esters, are not currently ..
- JAK-STAT Signaling in Human Heart FailureChristine Moravec; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among these is the JAK-STAT pathway, which is present in cardiac myocytes, is activated during hypertrophy, and can be shown to be stimulated ..
- Expression and Function of SOCS Proteins in Glial CellsETTY BENVENISTE; Fiscal Year: 2009..pathways; the most common being the Janus Kinase (JAK) and Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT) pathway (JAK-STAT)...
- Enterocyte Apoptosis after Intestinal ResectionBRAD WAYNE WARNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..proapototic Bcl02 family member Bax and the transcription factor signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)-1...