Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRPC
Description: small nuclear ribonucleoprotein polypeptide C
Alias: U1C, Yhc1, U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein C, U1 small nuclear RNP specific C, U1 snRNP C, U1 snRNP protein C
- Will C, Rumpler S, Klein Gunnewiek J, van Venrooij W, Luhrmann R. In vitro reconstitution of mammalian U1 snRNPs active in splicing: the U1-C protein enhances the formation of early (E) spliceosomal complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4614-23 pubmed..Studies with recombinant U1-C protein mutants indicated that the N-terminal domain of U1-C is necessary and sufficient for the stimulation of E complex formation. ..
- Muto Y, Pomeranz Krummel D, Oubridge C, Hernandez H, Robinson C, Neuhaus D, et al. The structure and biochemical properties of the human spliceosomal protein U1C. J Mol Biol. 2004;341:185-98 pubmedThe spliceosomal U1C protein is critical to the initiation and regulation of precursor messenger RNA (pre-mRNA) splicing, as part of the U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle (snRNP)...
- Yamamoto K, Miura H, Moroi Y, Yoshinoya S, Goto M, Nishioka K, et al. Isolation and characterization of a complementary DNA expressing human U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein C polypeptide. J Immunol. 1988;140:311-7 pubmed..In the Northern blot using human RNA and radiolabeled pS2, a single band about 800 base was observed. The nucleotide sequence of pS2 showed no significant homologies to known proteins. ..
- Pellizzoni L, Baccon J, Rappsilber J, Mann M, Dreyfuss G. Purification of native survival of motor neurons complexes and identification of Gemin6 as a novel component. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7540-5 pubmed..Co-immunoprecipitation, immunolocalization, and in vitro binding experiments demonstrate that Gemin6 is a component of the SMN complex that localizes to gems and interacts with several Sm proteins of the spliceosomal snRNPs. ..
- Hoet R, Raats J, de Wildt R, Dumortier H, Muller S, Van Den Hoogen F, et al. Human monoclonal autoantibody fragments from combinatorial antibody libraries directed to the U1snRNP associated U1C protein; epitope mapping, immunolocalization and V-gene usage. Mol Immunol. 1998;35:1045-55 pubmedTo study the localization and function of the U1snRNP associated U1C protein, so far only human sera from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) overlap syndrome patients have been used...
- Dumortier H, Klein Gunnewiek J, Roussel J, van Aarssen Y, Briand J, van Venrooij W, et al. At least three linear regions but not the zinc-finger domain of U1C protein are exposed at the surface of the protein in solution and on the human spliceosomal U1 snRNP particle. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5486-91 pubmedNo structural information on U1C protein either in its free state or bound to the spliceosomal U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein (snRNP) particle is currently available...
- Knoop L, Baker S. The splicing factor U1C represses EWS/FLI-mediated transactivation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24865-71 pubmed..Here we report that U1C, one of three human U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein-specific proteins, interacts in vitro and in vivo with both ..
- Rossi F, Forne T, Antoine E, Tazi J, Brunel C, Cathala G. Involvement of U1 small nuclear ribonucleoproteins (snRNP) in 5' splice site-U1 snRNP interaction. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:23985-91 pubmed..A consequence of this organization is that the U1-C protein makes direct contacts with the site, as it becomes cross-linked to the RNA oligo upon exposition of the reactions to shortwave UV light. ..
- Hochleitner E, Kastner B, Frohlich T, Schmidt A, Luhrmann R, Arnold G, et al. Protein stoichiometry of a multiprotein complex, the human spliceosomal U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein: absolute quantification using isotope-coded tags and mass spectrometry. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2536-42 pubmed..These data demonstrate that quantitative mass spectrometry has great potential for the determination of the stoichiometry of multiprotein complexes. ..
- Charroux B, Pellizzoni L, Perkinson R, Yong J, Shevchenko A, Mann M, et al. Gemin4. A novel component of the SMN complex that is found in both gems and nucleoli. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:1177-86 pubmed..Interestingly, Gemin4 is also detected in the nucleoli, suggesting that the SMN complex may also function in preribosomal RNA processing or ribosome assembly. ..
- Nelissen R, Gunnewiek J, Lambermon M, van Venrooij W. Cloning and characterization of two processed pseudogenes and the cDNA for the murine U1 snRNP-specific protein C. Gene. 1997;184:273-8 pubmed